You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hand-To-Paw (Training, Open, No Kill) Empty Hand-To-Paw (Training, Open, No Kill) Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:35 pm

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo sat beneath her tree, leaning against its trunk. Her eyelids lay heavy, slowly closing, and then jolting open whenever Ukiyo heard a noise. Leaves floated down on her head and slipped along her hair, creating a haphazard “circle” of them around where she sat. Her head tilts left and right, finding the other side to always be more comfortable. A ray of sunlight protrudes through the canopy and shines on Ukiyo’s face. Her eyes are closed but the light shines through them, forcing her to turn her head. A light breeze flows through the forest and Ukiyo gets a slight chill, sending a shiver of goose bumps through her body. She falls to her right and curls up on the grass, trying to position any exposed skin in the sunlight. Ukiyo yawns and rubs her face into the ground, relishing the soft grass. She bites some off with her mouth, chews it, then spits it back out. As she begins to fall asleep, a bush at the far end of the clearing rustles. Ukiyo’s eyes open fully, and she loosens her body’s position. She lays in wait for something to reveal itself, but alas, nothing does. Several minutes pass before she gives up, accounting it to some small woodland critter. She closes her eyes again and begins to drift off…

Shkshk shkshk Ukiyo springs to her feet at the sound of something making its way through the bushes. It’s moving branches out of the way, it has arms. Ukiyo takes a fighting stance and keeps her gaze on the rustling.

261/2000

2Hand-To-Paw (Training, Open, No Kill) Empty Re: Hand-To-Paw (Training, Open, No Kill) Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:40 pm

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo dug her feet into the grass, ensuring she had both solid grip and good positioning amongst the trees. She shifted her gaze left, right, and above, to ensure there was only 1 target; there was. The bushes continued to rustle until Ukiyo took a step towards them; then they seized. Her expression became grim. This doesn’t feel right. Animals don’t have this kind of coordination. It has to be another- Suddenly, a figure dropped from the canopy behind/above Ukiyo. She heard this and instinctively dove out of the way, going forward-right. She heard feet land behind her in the grass. Before she had time to turn around, they were charging her. Ukiyo stayed in the crouched position she had landed in from her dodge, and used the position to get into her fighting stance. She leaned forward slightly, allowing her weight to tip her over so she could hold herself on all fours. When the footsteps were close enough, Ukiyo used her hands to push the ground, lifting her body and twisting it. With this momentum she kicked one leg into the air to make a diagonal kick and the other beneath it so she could recover for a second attack. She saw exactly who she was expecting; Kaguna, a fellow Senju as well as her aunt. Kaguna stopped short and used her forward stepping leg to push backwards, dodging Ukiyo’s attack. Ukiyo’s spin landed her in a similar position as she started in, but now with one leg on the ground. The other was already hard at work swing forward to lift her body up, which she then flung over itself into a back hand spring. Kaguna prepared herself as Ukiyo flipped out of her hand spring into a back flip over her, swinging her legs out beneath her as she was overhead to kick her from behind. Kaguna ducked and placed her hand in front of her on the ground as she said,

“Still as rambunctious as ever.” Ukiyo landed facing Kaguna. Neither of them moved.

“I thought I told you not to come back here. You know I won’t be leaving with you.”

“I’m well aware. You can’t expect me to not keep tabs on my goddaughter though, can you?” Kaguna grinned, however Ukiyo’s expression remained serious.

“I’m stronger than last time. I don’t want to hurt you.” Kaguna giggled.

“Oh Ukiyo, I’d really, really like to see you try.”

665/2000

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo’s expression lightened. She was always fond of Kaguna. She was the one who taught her how to dance, and consequently they shared the Capoeira fighting style. Kaguna tried looking after Ukiyo after her parents had died; she insisted on Ukiyo coming into the village and staying with her and her husband. When Ukiyo refused and ran away, back into the forest, Kaguna waited several days for her to return. When she didn’t, Kaguna went searching for her. She eventually found Ukiyo in the cabin her parents had built. When she told Ukiyo she was bringing her home, Ukiyo insisted that that was her home. Kaguna attempted to take Ukiyo by force, but Ukiyo disappeared into the wood (again her intimate knowledge of nature saving her). Kaguna understood her reluctance, and left a note explaining that she’d always be welcome back, no matter what. Kaguna saw her once more after this, right before she went into the Academy. They fought for the first time then. Kaguna told Ukiyo she was bringing her back forcefully, but in reality she simply wanted to make sure Ukiyo was strong and ready for the difficult road ahead of her. Ukiyo was defeated that day, however once again escaped into the woods (Kaguna had let her get away).

The look on Ukiyo’s face was one not of resentment, but of deep longing. Kaguna…you could have come with me. She spoke in a sincere, firm tone, “Why are you so attached to the village? Our clan, the village elders, the Hokage; they are what guided my parents to their death! Yet still you stand by them.” Ukiyo held herself back from crying, grinding her teeth until they hurt.

“You don’t understand, child. But perhaps I can make you.” Kaguna knew that Ukiyo would forever hold this grudge against Konoha and the Senju. She realized this the last time they fought, and as such has given up trying to convince her otherwise. It was not her place anymore to guide Ukiyo’s path. She knew Ukiyo had always been a kind soul and no matter what would turn out to be a great person. It was her job, however, to ensure she was on the right path to becoming a great shinobi. Kaguna leaned forward on her hand and pushed off, springing off the ground and launching her feet towards Ukiyo.

1059/2000

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo fell back into a bridge the moment she saw Kaguna bending her legs, resulting in her flying clear over Ukiyo. As she did, Ukiyo lifted her legs in the air in an attempt to grab Kaguna by the neck with her ankles. Kaguna deflected this by throwing her arms to the side from in front of her, and Ukiyo landed back into her bridge position. Kaguna landed facing Ukiyo and instantly began running towards her. Ukiyo saw this and lifted up into a hand stand. As Kaguna began throwing punches, Ukiyo fended them off with her legs, walking forward with her hands to force Kaguna into a corner.

“You really think you can beat me like that? You’re far too slow on your hands dearie.” Kaguna swiftly dropped into a crouch and extended her left leg outward, then brought it around in front of her to sweep Ukiyo. Seeing her crouch, Ukiyo took the opportunity to get back on her feet, tilting to her right and into a cartwheel away from the sweep. Kaguna grinned,

“You’re better at positioning yourself than before.”

“I’m better at a lot of things.” Ukiyo dove forward towards Kaguna, knowing where she would move to next. Kaguna places her left hand to her back-left and pivoted around it, sliding her feet on the floor and then bringing her right hand around to continue the motion, allowing her to move as far as she needed to while sweeping around her. Ukiyo expected this, as was her style, and used the opportunity to launch a counter maneuver. As Ukiyo hit the ground, she rolled forward, then launched herself backwards into the air with her feet when she exited the roll. Kaguna stopped short to avoid being stomped by Ukiyo’s landing, and spun back up to a standing position. Using her moment of vulnerability, Ukiyo grabbed Kaguna as she spun up; she grabbed her wrist with her hand in the same direction, wrapped her arm around her waist, then used Kaguna as an anchor to lift her body into the air while holding her. Kaguna attempted to reverse the wrist lock, but didn’t have time. Ukiyo dropped her knee on Kaguna’s head, and a firm thump sounded from her scalp. Ukiyo then tilted forward, rolled, and swung Kaguna onto the ground in front of her, slamming her on her back against the hard earth. Knowing she got lucky, Ukiyo quickly slid out from under Kaguna and took a few steps back, bracing herself for Kaguna to get revenge. Kaguna slow got up off the ground, rubbing her head.

“That wasn’t bad. I underestimated your ability to manipulate your weight with your strength.” She really has gotten stronger. She’s much quicker than I had imagined, and some of these moves I’ve never seen before. You’ve taught yourself well Ukiyo. I guess it’s time to take off the gloves.

1540/2000

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Kaguna made several hand signs, channeling chakra to her legs. Ukiyo noticed something strange about Kaguna; she was standing perfectly tall. That’s odd, why would she stand up like that? I dealt some good damage to her back, and the Copoeira style relies on crouching. What kind of jutsu is she about to use?... Suddenly, Kaguna vanished. Ukiyo’s eyes widened in shock, then she immediately dropped to a crouch and swung a leg behind her, sweeping the floor. Her foot glided through the grass, making contact with nothing more than blades. If not behind me, then wh- Suddenly, Ukiyo took a heavy hit across her face, sending her flying back to the other side of the opening. She quickly recovered into her crouching position again. What the hell was that? I didn’t see anything- Again a blow hit Ukiyo, this time from above, slamming her head into the ground. Ukiyo’s ears were ringing and her head was pounding, she picked her throbbing skull up and retreated into the trees.

“What is this technique, Kaguna?!” Laughing sounded from every direction in front of her. Then a whisper in her ear,

“This is the wind walker.” Ukiyo began to jump, but before she could make it out another blow came in her side, knocking her against the tree. Kaguna appeared in the middle of the opening. Ukiyo stood up, but her legs were shaking and it was clear she wouldn’t be able to fight much longer. Kaguna smiled devilishly and explained, “You Senju always were slow. Wind walker is my signature technique; I move as quickly as the wind is allowed to and am as transparent as the air. There is one drawback however.” Ukiyo began to make hand signs. “Uh uh uh.” Kaguna vanished, then a pair of hands were felt holding hers. Ukiyo kicked into the air in front of her, but it was to no avail; it was as if there was truly just air before her. The hold on her hands was still there, and Ukiyo couldn’t figure out whether Kaguna had dodged or was still in front of her. “As I was saying, there is one disadvantage.” The voice was coming from in front. “The user faces the risk of becoming one with the wind; forever losing themselves to it. As you can tell, I’ve already taken on some of its properties.” Just like that dream… Ukiyo was suddenly thrown to the ground and put in a hold. Kaguna appeared on top of her. “So long as I don’t stay in it too long, I’m able to recover.” Ukiyo struggled but it was no use; this was one of the few holds she knew to be impossible to escape out of without considerable strength. She looked behind. “Poor Ukiyo, still just a bulb. When do you think you’ll be ready to blossom?” Ukiyo smirked, making a hand sign with one of her hands.

“The Senju may be slow…but I am not one of them anymore!” Ukiyo activated her jutsu and from the ground below her sprang forth a mighty oak tree, launching the two of them into the air above it. Ukiyo coughed up blood in the air above the tree. Compose yourself. She spun around in the air, making her body straight (parallel to the tree). Kaguna spread herself out so she could catch herself among the top of the tree’s branches, but while she did so, Ukiyo slipped beneath them, caught a branch, and swung off it. She continued from tree to tree, fleeing.

Kaguna smiled on top the tree, Ukiyo, you really have grown. I look forward to seeing what type of flower you will become.

2152/2000

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.