You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unload The Ship [D-Rank] Empty Unload The Ship [D-Rank] Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:02 am

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Unload The Ship [D-Rank]
Captain Yusuke was carrying a large box of his ship when Ukiyo arrived. She had been assigned to assist the old man unload some stuff, a quaint task to start her day with. She approached the man casually, walking steady and smiling. Birds flew to and fro over the open water, Ukiyo blissfully watched their patterns. It was a lovely day out yet again, nearly cloudless and quite warm. Ukiyo had already been sweating a bit from running over, but could tell by the size of the boxes on the ship that it had only just begun. She greeted captain Yusuke with a smile, excitedly greeting him,

“Yo! Yusuke, right? I’m Ukiyo!” She said her name with a wisp of delight, putting high-pitched emphasis on “ki”. The man looked at her with some reservation, unable to tell if she would be of any actual help with the cargo.

“Captain Yusuke. Nice to meet you Ukiyo.” The man extended his hand, which Ukiyo quickly grasped with both of hers (the size difference was enough that she could easily wrap both hands around his) and shook. The man smiled, more refreshed by her enthusiasm than put off by her strangeness. He gestured towards some crates on the ship, “You think you can handle those?” Yusuke didn’t mean this rhetorically, he genuinely was unsure if she was fit for the job. Ukiyo was pencil thin and lengthy, generally the opposite of what one wants for moving heavy cargo. She grinned confidently,

“No problem.” Ukiyo ran up to the ship and leaped up onto it. There was a ramp already set up, but she had energy to spare. She walked up to the crate in question and circled it, observing the different knicks and bindings. After a few moments, she squatted down and grasped the (awkwardly large) crate with her arms. Ukiyo straightened her legs and lifted the cargo with ease, walked swiftly down the ramp, and placed it (in the same manner with which she picked it up) where Yusuke had put the other one.

346/600

2Unload The Ship [D-Rank] Empty Re: Unload The Ship [D-Rank] Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:07 pm

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Yusuke looked utterly shocked. He had just put a gratuitous amount of strength into moving a crate only slightly larger than the one she had picked up. Yet, this girl about a third of his size picked hers up with ease. Shinobi are insane… Ukiyo stood up straight and smiled widely at Yusuke, displaying her teeth. She put her hands behind her head and continued back onto the ship, humming a tune.

About an hour later nearly all the cargo had been moved. Yusuke was panting and wiping sweat off his face while Ukiyo was lying on the floor of the ship with her eyes closed, sun bathing. She was covered in sweat, as well, but the feeling was normal to her and she enjoyed it. When Yusuke caught his breath, he slowly made his way back on the ship. “Alright. . . Let’s get these boxes and. . finish this.” Ukiyo sprang up and cheerfully said,

“Do you want me to finish up? It’s ok if you’re tired-“

“NO! No little girl is going to show me up on my own ship.” Ukiyo giggled at being called a little girl despite the current scenario. “You get those 2, and I’ll get these 2. Then we’ll be done!” Yusuke drove his fist in the air and shouted this last part, trying to motivate himself with some words of encouragement. Ukiyo, again, giggled and went over to straddle one of her crate. After she carried it off the ship and set it down, Ukiyo turned around to find Yusuke struggling to make his legs walk to the ramp. She ran over and got underneath the crate, using her back and arms to support the weight. Yusuke was about to say something but had too much weight on his chest to do so. When they set it down, Ukiyo stopped Yusuke from walking towards his ship by placing her hand on his chest.

“Take a seat, captain. You hired me for a reason.” Yusuke normally wouldn’t take orders from a brat half his size, but she was right. He did hire a genin for some help and as much as he hated to admit it, Ukiyo was quite skilled. She finished unloading the cargo, the only damage done being to an old man’s pride.

728/600

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.