You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kids These Days [Solo, D-Rank] Empty Kids These Days [Solo, D-Rank] Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:13 pm

Daraku accepted another mission, one of D-Rank, only because he wasn't feeling too work-ready at the time. He was tired after staying up late and waking up early, but he still needed Ryo, of course. So, simple D-Rank mission, which was an easy 80 Ryo. He read the details as he sat on a sand dune near the village gate, his eyes scanning the page for anything of interest. He was to rescue some kid who fell down a well, like a dumb ass. Ugh. The kid was like eight years old, and the well must've been deep if he couldn't get out himself. Hopefully he wasn't too hurt, or Daraku wouldn't get his reward. The ninja stood up, with a sigh, and made his way back into Sunagakure, off to find the well. Stupid kid probably was screaming, so it couldn't be too hard to find him.

Daraku's feet left prints in the sand with every step as he looked around the village streets. It was pretty quiet today, pleasant for a stroll. Not that he was the type to like strolls, he much preferred slicing things up, but nonetheless it would do. His peace was broken by the sound of crying from a few meters away; as he turned to face the source of the sound, he found exactly what he was looking for. A well. And it wasn't large at all; he would barely fit in that thing...he groaned as he approached it, and peered in at the crying boy inside. "Hey, kid. Don't worry, I'm here to help you." he called down the well, causing an echo to reverberate through the street. The boy looked up and the tears stopped immediately.

"Okay...so, I can't fit down there with you, so I'll hold my sword down. Grab the hilt tight, and I'll pull you out, alright?" The boy nodded hastily and smiled. Daraku smiled a forced smile back, and then leaned as far as possible into the deep well. He held his sword out, gripping it tightly by the dull edge, extending the hilt as far as possible. The boy reached out with his little arm and grabbed the hilt, and in one quick pull, he was hoisted out of the well and placed safely back onto the sand. "There. Now, you be careful, don't go playing by wells anymore, y'hear? Jeez..." the kid nodded once again, but stopped and gripped his jaw. Daraku knelt down to inspect, and a jagged cut that looked pretty deep was planted across the boy's chin.

"Ah, usually you'd need stitches for a cut this bad, but I've got you covered. Just don't move, even if it hurts a little." he commanded the boy as he raised his left hand and kept the wound steady with his right. A steady beam of flames escaped from his finger, and connected with the cut, emitting a low sizzling noise. The boy flinched in pain, but didn't back up or move too much. Soon, the length of the wound was precisely burnt shut. "Now, that thing is going to be there for a little while, but eventually it'll peel off, it's just melted skin. You might have a scar after, but no big deal..." Two adults were watching from afar, as Daraku noticed with his peripheral vision. The boy saw them and ran to them, and the three collided into a hug. Daraku figured they were his parents, so he just waved from a far before turning a corner and leaving toward the Admin Building for his 80 Ryo.

Mission Word Count: 622/600

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.