You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kaguza

Kaguza

D-rank
Those of the Myugan clan were known for many minor things, the most famous were their stories while the second was their insatiable sense of wanderlust. After hearing of Sero's death, the sense of wanderlust seemed to be the only relief, with that Kaguza had traveled to see portions of the world for himself without the stress of working as a ninja. His travels took through most of the countries, and since he left all of his ninja gear behind, he passed as a normal civilian. Through out his travels Kaguza slowly came to realize that despite his Kage dieing in combat his village would still need him, even more so with the loss of Sero. Upon returning to Kirigakure, Kaguza heard that a new Kage had been appointed already. It was slightly surprising to hear that Aya had earned the title, she was strong, though he didn't know what level she had reached. A humorous thought popped into his head, Aya did owe him a drink from before when they were still Genin, perhaps this would be the best way to offer his congrats.

Waking up early in the morning after his first night back to the village. Kaguza planned to said Aya a note asking to both see how her fighting capability had progressed in his absence and at the end to repay him for the drink he had paid for when they first met. With a the basic plan in mind, he pulled himself out of bed and through his usual morning routine. The feeling of being back home and back in the village, felt almost new but also the same as before. What was his daily routine before his travels quickly came back to him, and although they were quite repetitive, they felt good to be going through them again. Kaguza's wall of weapons and equipment stood before him after finishing up his hygiene, the familiar items almost seemed to call out for him. One in particular, a large War Hammer he called Temper, the weapon stood only a couple of inches shorter then himself. Temper was a self given reward for achieving what Myugans were never expected to, living a lengthy life as a ninja and rising to the rank of Jounin. The large hammer was decorated with a few meaningful pieces of inscription and bore the Kiri's emblem proudly declaring where the weapon called home. Temper was the first of his many weapons to be set into a harness that hung on Kaguza's back, that held all of his many weapons. Next to gain his attention was a highly unique sword, and one he had never told anyone about. The Sword of Kusanagi was slipped smoothly into it's respective sheath on his harness. The legendary glass longsword, the blade wielded by one of histories well known legends, Orochimaru. How such a rare blade fell into his possession always seemed strange to Kaguza, being that he simply found it while helping out with the village reconstruction. Likely the pirates at the time had it and simply hid it during the assault to take back the village. The remaining weapons the hung on the wall held no significant meaning to him other then they were all tools to be used. Today he'd spare nothing for his meeting with Aya, every weapon on the wall was to go. One by one each weapon came down and found a spot on his person, his time away truly shined now, as he felt so much heavier. A wrecking ball, two additional hammers, a set of dual scythes, two war fans, a longsword by the name of Silver, two meteor hammers, a sake gourd and a hand full of mouth embers completed his arsenal.

Stepping outside into the misty morning air, he spotted a lower ranking ninja passing by. Requesting he take a note to the new Mizukage, the ninja made a fast trip to the kage building. Meanwhile Kaguza made his own way out towards his usual training area, a small clearing by the forgotten well. Upon arrival a sense of excitement sparked, it had been too long since he had properly trained, carrying his arsenal of weapons served to weigh down on him as a reminder. Despite the time away, he was only slightly rusty compared to before his journey. Setting the weapons down he arranged them and a long line, and began a simple routine that began with stretching then into a mix of push up, sit ups, and squats, rotating every hundred till "Aya The New Mizukage" answered his note.

Learning Taijutsu = 764 words

It had not taken solstice long at all to have appointed two Jounin rank sensory ninja to do her paperwork while she took an active role in the Villages maintenance. The ninja were capable of keeping contact with her over long distances and with staff working in the Mizukage tower, it was very easy for her to make her way around the place and perform the active duties which needed to be performed she had already defeated one ninja which had assaulted Kiri, and from there she had unveiled a set of armour appraised as the armour which had belonged to the second Hokage. Though she did not like the feel of wearing armour around herself, this felt... somehow right, though she had trimmed down the white fur in a style which was a little more befitting and she wore it beneath her cloak. like a bullet proof vest. it did not do much to her figure.

Her black Haze cloak over the top of her armour was elaborate, made of royal ebonys and blues, it was a cloak which was meant to distinguish her as a Kage which would be able to strike fear into the hearts of the monsters which attacked kirigakure. Her mask attached to her hip was now black with a blue emblem over the eye, upon its forehead the four waves of kiri etched and painted in blue remained a symbol forever more than monsters could be killed. And that the people of this city did not need to be afraid of them. Over her hands the golden and platinum gloves of her fathers and mothers glinted proudly even in the dim sunlight, foreshadowed by the overhanging fog.

Solstice had been working hard with the people, moving wood and rebuilding the remainder of the city for the most part where she was needed, building up her reputation as a strong but courteous Mizukage, one who fought for what she believed in and was not afraid to get her hands dirty and help the people. It was not long before a message was sent to her from the Jounin in the office, a message had arrived which they had sent by crow to her location. Waiting and looking to the sky she awaited the bird and rose her hand to the sky to create a perch for when it wished to land. Taking bread from her pocket, she fed the hungry thing, relieving it of its message and allowing it to fly back to its handlers.

The message was from Kaguza, a Shinobi she had not heard from in quite some time. Looking at the sky once again as she rolled up the letter for the time, she thought she would pay him a visit. Taking herself off work for the remainder of the day she took a trip to her house and removed her armour. The legendary set of kit was not needed for a meeting with a friend, she doubted there would be... much... blood spilled should it come to it. Though she did grab her fuuma shuriken and collapse it, sheathing it at the small of her back before leaping out the window. Her X rank speed carried her quickly, jumping from building to building until she managed to find her way to the training field that they were supposed to fight on.

The crystal blue haired woman fell from a colossal height, landing and bending her knees resisting the force until she lowered herself into a single forward roll in the open plane, not too far from here there was a lake and the forest which surrounded them, though unlike the colossal single tree which was the chakra enhance forest of Konoha, this one was natural, and littered with large oaks and palms. A Large weeping willow tree nearby solemnly sat soaking up whatever sun it could find. Solstice at first saw the back of what she knew was Kaguza, if not only because he looked more like a walking arsenal than a man. Standing up to her full height the lad who had become the new Mizukage opened her mouth to speak.

"It's been a little while Kaguza... You're probaably lucky that you came back when you did, we had not proclaimed you as a missing ninja just yet with Sero gone, but another couple of weeks and you may have had hunter nin on your tale." Solstice spoke with the authority and the command that a Mizukage needed to learn to use, she folded her arms across her chest and furrowed her brow to make herself look a little cross with him, allowing her position to remain so for a moment. Before they all relaxed, her features softened, and she smiled brightly. "But I think I speak for us all when I say that I am very, very glad you're back. We misse you... ... .. It's just no fun without a Myugan at the parties." She laughed, stepping a little closer to him and holding out an arm, presenting her forearm for a shake, or a warrior like grip.

Learning Onojutsu: 862

Kaguza

Kaguza

D-rank
It didn't take long before the blue haired Mizukage made her appearance. Kaguza had only managed to get through one cycle of his warm up, but it would suffice. The sight of Aya in the blue and black cloak created for the Mizukage, was easily an impressive sight. Kaguza could feel some kind of lecture coming, since he had left for an extended period of time without warning or notice. To his surprise the verbal abuse was mild and short, it even included a warm welcome back. "So you've been having parties since you became Mizukage?" Kaguza couldn't help it, but he gladly reached out to accept the hand shake. It was nice to hear that someone had missed him in his absence, but there were other things to be said. "Congrats on becoming Mizukage by the way, but you'll have to show me that you can hold it." A smile painted his face as he offered his challenge to Aya. The challenge was to get an idea of just how strong she had become, and should they ever have to fight along side each other it would be beneficial to understand her fighting style more. "If you need a weapon I brought everything I own, their yours to use." The line up of weapons consisted of eleven individual weapons. In the middle standing beside Kaguza was his War Hammer "Temper" and The Sword of Kusanagi. It was tempting to see if Aya could hold her own using his weapons, even more so to try without using the weapons himself.

Learning Taijutsu = 1024 words

Solstice smiled and shook his hand, wrapping her other arm around him and embracing him for but a moment, she remembered that the Myugan and their mist drove chakra practitioners berserk and chakra drunk, it looked like from the wall of weapons on his back that he was preparing for something, and with the message that was sent to her, Solstice could only assume that this little catch up would turn into something a little more heated. Solstice when asked to pick a weapon liiked keenly at the kurusai gama on his person, pointing to the twin sickles on the chain she wanted to give them a go. She had learned a lot in recent months with her becoming a Kage.

Though such training was really a matter of having to, she had to wear weighted braces to increase her overall strength and dexterity for months to be able to get herself up to the par that she needed to be at. Though by the looked of Kaguza, he meant business from the weapons that were on his person, even the legendary Kusanagi was at his side, a blade of which solstice was more than just a little keen to get her hands on and have a little practise with, though she highly doubted that he would allow her to use such a grand weapon against him, the thought of her clan's chakra flow skills being used and amplified through that legendary blade created an image that was more than a little scary.

Solstice opened her mouth to speak as she pointed, Would not mind using those if you can spare them, they don't look like they're quite up to par quality wise, i would recommend to you what i recommended to Yuudai some time ago. Such weapons will break in almost any combat, so, i would recommend you reforge them at your nearest convenience, to be able to deal with the weapons and techniques of others. She smiled and awaited the blades to meet her hands, she would grip them and expand them, pulling on the one meter length of chain. Wrapping it around her knuckled before gripping each of them she was able to fight with them with her grip secured and the chain taught between her two hands.

It meant that she had to manipulate the chain and move in close and personal, Solstice was beginning to understand how these weapons worked, there was not much complicated theory behind it, the blades hooked outwards meaning that were an opponent to block the weapon the point of the blade would still be close to the intended area, able to hook around and cut at their hands or even past an opponent's guard. The chain allowed the weapons to be used like a grapple or a whip, able to sling it around an opponent's leg and pull and cut into them, intentionally either crippling them or tripping them at your leisure. The chain could be used to block a light blade or even tie one up so that your opponent could not use it any more.

These are fascinating classic shinobi weapons, i'm surprised they do not teach them at the Kenjutsu schools any-more, I've always loved how leaf ninja were able to use them, though the chain on these ones is a little short for me, they seem to be more catered to a younger person with shorter arms. She laughed, unwrapping the chain from one of her knuckles exposing them without the protection of the chain, but extending its length to make the weapon a little more viable. Solstice was already a practised Wushu MASTER, so incorporating knew weapons and techniques into her style was something that was taught and trained into the Kage over the course of her life.

"So you wanna see if i have what it takes to hold onto my Kage position eh, well, let me show you what i've learned, and I will see if you've neglected your own training, I'm not going to lie, I've learned some of my skills specifically to counteract some of yours, having experienced your mist before. But I think i will ease into those abilities." She said with a smile before lowering herself into a crouching stance, extending one of her legs out toward him, and bending the other knee, holding each of the sickles one held high, and the other angled low. The kurusai gama, it was said required a fluent style and momentum to build up, but operated as a style which counter attacked the offensives of others.

Solstice's own personal style was very different to one which was a lot more passive, often on the aggressive, she readied herself what what was to come, hoping that she would not break either of his blades in the midst of their bout. Solstice still had her B rank Fuuma shuriken to her back, which would no doubt play and integral part of this battle in the nearer future.

"Let's dance..."

Learned Onojutsu.

Kaguza

Kaguza

D-rank
The hug from Aya took him slightly by surprise, though it meant more from her then the many on his travels that liked to hug. Returning the gesture he handed her the twin sickles upon request. "I'll admit majority of my arsenal is of the quality I could afford at the time, most of which I got when I was still a genin." The quality of his weapons did vary though their usefulness to him did not, each one had it's purpose regardless of how well crafted it was. A memory slipped into his mind, of his first mission with aya when they both were still at the genin level. Kaguza had loaned her the exact same weapon then. The difference this time around was that she would be using it against him. "The quality of a weapon however is only a minor detail. If I know it will break under an attack, I simply have to adjust and adapt, even when broken it will still have it's use." Aya's chosen weapon was a dangerous one, it's design gave it the potential for more then simple melee combat. With a chain connecting the two weapons, it had use as a mid ranged weapon as well. The weapon's reach was far greater then most weapons used the average ninja or fighter. With skill in the weapon himself concern didn't appear in his mind till Aya switched out the chain. He knew the length of the chain he had on the set, but now the weapon's reach was unknown to him. Hearing that she now had skills to specifically counter his own did raise another set of concerns. "It's frightening to hear you've trained specifically to beat me. I'm not sure if I should be happy to receive such deep thought or concerned that I've inspired some kind of anger." Kaguza meant it solely as a joke and perhaps to tease her a little.

Aya took her stance, a very flexible stance. If he made a standard attack it would likely fail. "In all honesty, during my travels I didn't do so much physical training, least compared to before I left. It's common for those of the Myugan clan to develop a strong sense of wanderlust, while it doesn't make the body strong, it does calm the soul. I have done more mental and chakra based training while I was away, even developed a few new jutsu myself. My jutsu and weapons however are more to satisfy my own thirst." A smile grew on Kaguza, his opening move may seem strange to Aya since he is known as a weapon user. "And as I discovered in my journey." Kaguza pulled off the large harness that held all of his weapons and held it in his dominant hand. "A Myugan is never without his drink of choice!" Swinging the harness towards the sky, every single one of his weapons flew high into the sky. As the weapons began falling towards Aya, Kaguza threw the harness off towards the tree line before beginning his frontal attack. Hoping the aerial hazard of his weapons falling on her would serve as a distraction while quickly moved in to deal the first blow. Kaguza was not known for being slow, but not one of the fastest either, in an attempt to reduce the reaction time he boosted his own speed with Seiden hōden. Sparks of electricity jumped from Kaguza as he closed the gap going for a full body throw, the idea was not to throw her but himself. Jumping towards her, he rolled in the air so that the entirety of his body would collide with her. The move strange to all forms of sober taijutsu, was not to a drunken fighter. Those of a drunken style fight with a very loose or off set center of balance, to start the fight, Kaguza threw his at Aya.

Learning Taijutsu = 1675 words

Chakra Remaining: 330/340 :

Solstice could not help but look up at the thrown weapons, judghing their trajectories specially of the hammers, should they hit they would hurt a considerable sum, Bending at the knees, solstice allowed her body to rotate backwards, springing as her opponent was already 1/2 way in on her her knees sprung back, The first of the thrown items landed not too far from her as she began to vault backwards landing on one hand, bending at the elbow as her lower body began to gather the momentum and continue the motion back, pushing off her hand she rounded herself up again to her feet which this time barely kissed the ground before jumping, her body straightening into a pin and spinning before landing out of the range of the falling projectiles in a rapid olympic tumble.

She landed crouched on one knee which, with no time to rest extended and hurled herself in his direction at sprinting speed. There was little doubt in her mind that he would probably soon enough use one of his many weapons against her, though the question was, which one? There was the logical option in the Kusanagi, Solstice had been tempted to snatch it from the air and use it against him in such a feat that would have been interesting to behold. Solstice had always wanted a sword like that in her hands, but, she would have to settle for her own one of these days. Running toward him, he lept, leaving Solstice very little time to react to him, rather than avoiding him, she dropped her bodyweight into a floor close slide, grinding across the dry dirt beneath their feet.

The two kurisai gama lashed out in either direction for his arm and his leg had he have turned side on to do nothing more than a couple of painful lacerations. Kicking up from her slide and her momentum which would be enough that her opponent would theoretically be unable to route his momentum in middair though moving his body to avoid the cuts would likely not be impossible. Solstice rather than forcing against her momentum after reaching the other side of Kaguza instead alowed her legs which were wonce supporting the slide to collapse beneathe her, causing her upper body to over rotate forward which she curled into a perfect roll off her shoulder, twisting at the waist and rolling back up to her feet on the other side of him.

Using the Kurusai Gama Solstice began her offensive, at first like a whip. Letting go of one handle and gripping both in the same hand she had one side of the chain coiled around, with a circle motion she slung the blade on chain in a wide arch vertically for Kaguza, intending to slice down him deeply, followed up by routing the momentum of the chain by spinning her body and coming across with another slash at a horizontal angle at his chest height. As the blade would threaten to catch herself as it swung back to her solstice would catch it and flip it back around so that she was holding one in each hand again, ducking low into her combat stance awaiting his next move like a scropion fronting down an aggressor.

Her stings were at the ready and though she did not want to use her venom this far in the fight, these weapons would not be able to contain the strength of her chakra and would no doubt crumble quickly, solstice could probably break a lot of his weapons that way, similar to what she had done to Yuudai and his katana, flow chakra into his blade making it stronger upon blocking it with her gloves, from that moment he could never land another strike on her least his katana crumble due to the chakra flowing through it, even though it was against his will, it was a bastard of a tactic, but it worked against low grade weapons, and especially kunai, where they would no longer be able to perform things like transport to them.

Solstice's eyes became hard as steel she needed to take this fight seriously or else she was not going to win, he was testing her ability as kage, and though she was ready for the challenge, she didn't know how far she was willing to go to show him what she knew and had learned. Kaguz was quick, but solstice's agile reflexes made her second to none in kirigakure. She awaited Kaguza's next attack, knowing that she was going to need to take the offensive soon or else she would be considered to be failing. But that mist... she could not get close to it or she would not be able to use her jutsu later... Kaguza was the one who had opened her eyes to things like scents and vapours which were becoming more and more commonplace in kirigakure, and she felt to keep up with the times she needed to decipher a means to negate these abilities.

Though it was here that she heard the first of the voices in her head, Solstice, concentrate, there is power here, and I finally believe you are READY...

(Senjutsu Training= 878/ 5000)

Kaguza

Kaguza

D-rank
The falling weapons only served as a partial distraction as Aya managed to avoid his first attack. Sliding under his body mid-air, she launched her first attack against. A pincer of the two sickles, still moving through the air it would be near impossible to dodge. Seeing both blades move towards him did make it easier to judge their movement. As a weapon user his skill with the Kusari-gama was only second to his war hammers. Being on his side mid-air, he drove one of his fists into the earth below. Contact with the ground caused his body to rotate then lay flat on the ground as the bladed weapons sailed over his body. Though successfully dodging Aya's first attack, he now had some small scrapes on his arm, though compared to what he could have sustained from the blades it was worth it. The remainder of his thrown weapons had found their way back to the ground. The field between Aya and Kaguza was now littered with all of his weapons. Kaguza knew that Aya was a very nimble fighter, though beyond that he never looked into her fighting style. Her ability to wield his Kusari-gama made dangerous both up close and at mid range combat, her first attack was proof enough of that.

Standing up, he took in the surroundings quickly, though aya had already launched her next attack. From above, the blade swung down upon him. While the Kusari-gama had range, such attacks were more noticeable and to those who knew how to wield them, easier to dodge. It was clear that she would use the ranged capabilities of the weapon to her advantage, and so long as the two fighters remained at a distance she would have the advantage. As the bladed weapon fell, Kaguza jumped to the side and again charged forward straight for Aya. It was only a moment after the blade missed Kaguza that he could see she was going for a wide horizontal strike. Reaching out mid run, Kaguza grabbed the closest weapon, one of his war hammers that he began his ninja career with. As the blade made it's way around, he held the hammer at it's full length and used it to catch the sickle. Wedging the hammer head between the blade and the handle, he reached out and coiled his own arm around the chain connecting it to Aya. Now the same chain was in contact of both himself and Aya.

Kaguza could see that Aya's eyes had changed, it was clear that she would put everything she had into this spar between them. Though he had reserves about using force against other ninja from Kiri, he was here to do more then gauge Aya's ability as Mizukage, but also prove to himself and her that he had the strength to protect Kirigakure. It was only his clan techniques that he would never use against an ally, in this fight everything else was another weapon at his disposal. Strong electrical sparks jumped from Kaguza as he began channeling them down the chain of the Kusari-gama that connected the two of the. Knowing he couldn't maintain the connection because his jutsu would destroy his Kusari-gama, he used his next attack at full power. A powerful current of electricity raced through the chain. Sparks jumped from the Kusuri-gama, as the weapon began to crack in many places only to shatter in the two ninja's hands. While he had just destroyed his own weapon he wouldn't spare a moment, he closed the remaining gap between them. Holding the hammer by the top of the handle went to drive the head of the hammer straight into her stomach.

Learning Taijutsu = 2290 words

Chakra Remaining: 300/340:

Solstice looked in surprise as he picked up one of his hammers, it was a very good idea, and one which had saved him from the blow, suddenly after the voice in her head spoke, he was so close, and then suddenly there was lightning, rushing down the length of his chain, solstice reacted in the only way she knew how to in a situation like this, she opened the chakra ppoints in her hand and fingers, the chakra flared and her gloved began to irradiate with a light field staving off the offensive jutsu, for the meantime as the chain withered and broke, Solstice recoiled for a moment, looking a little dazed and confused as she did so, this was becomming a little too much for her to handle, and it was a riddle she needed to decipher.

Lowering her bodyweight she needed to ignore it for now and keep her head in the fight, throwing a leg out for the back of Kazuza's legs she put all of her force into the low strike with a follow up rapidly intended, planting a hand behind her at the apex of her swing she would almost cartwheel backwards after her first kick would impact or just after, sending her other foot rocketing up for his chin should the initial blow land and lower him just that little bit. Rotating her body backwards as Kaguza would notice she was moving a little bit slower than she was before, her speed hitching to Kage levels rather than the ludecrous speeds they were at before, she was suffering a Debuff, though it could have been the electrocution.

The cartwheel backwards was hopefully enough to gain some distance as she raised both of her golsen fists to her opponent, assiming a stance similar to gentle fist, though without her palms open. She had taken a lot of her cues from the hyuuga clan when it came to her training, she had studied thier control over their own chakra gates and pathways, and mimiced to a point their training methods to deal with them. But it was only then she realised that something was indeed wrong out the corner of her eye. The trees, the trees were freezing over. In reality they were as normal as the world around them though not to Solstice. She could se a shadow moving amongst them as the diamond forest this time, came to her.

She was not sleeping, she knew she wasn't though this was the worst nightmare of all. this was the plane that she remembered from her dream, fighting someone with a glowing white sword... could that person have been Kaguza!? Her dreams had always concealed the identity of the man with a mask resembling her own, but the parallels were becoming too much and too many for Solstice to ignore. Which only then begged the question of the Diamond forest, why was it here? and what purpose did it have with these dreams? Now that question solstice, the voice answered as if in question to her very thoughts. Is what I am here for. I am of the Hotarubi Sage school, and you have been chosen for instruction...

Genjutsu... Solstice breathed in her throat, it was the real world and she was still fighting Kaguza, but she was under some form of Genjutsu from whoever this shadow of a man was speaking into her mind. It was dampening her speed and reflexes, but not enough to matter terribly for this battle, if the man had something to teach her, she would accept it. Solstice had no weapon, and she knew that Kaguza would not hold off his offensive, moving her steel mask to her face ready for combat, she would face him like any true opponent of kirigakure. Clenching her fists Solstice would charge Kaguza, but not wanting to activate her demon ice corruption jutsu.

The lethal nature of the technique would be too much for this battle, one hit, and one pulse from the skill and she would likely kill her friend, which was something she did not want to leave open. As the Sage continued to speak into her mind. The world around you as you know is filled with its own chakra, nature chakra, as a ninja you are able to use this chakra to your advantage, it can fill you with shrength, and exceed you past your normal limitations, you're going to need it for this battle Solstice... you remember how painful the ice forest is to touch. It seemed stipulations on this match were being laid on solstice, but she had not the time right now to reach out and feel the source of chakra he was talking about, she needed to focus on the battle at hand, not the words of a Ganjutsu user, his skill did not seem to effect Solstice too harshly, she simply needed to compensate.

Chakra:

Senjutsu WC= 1701

Last edited by Ayakashi on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Kaguza

Kaguza

D-rank
Kaguza's frontal assault wasn't working, the difference in ability to perform taijutsu was to great to gain the advantage. While he had destroyed his kusari-gama in order to remove her ranged advantage, he was still at a disadvantage in close combat without an appropriate weapon himself. Catching him off guard, Aya connected with both her low kick and follow up kick to his chin. The attack knocking him back a few feet also left a gash on his chin. A mild headache rang out as he stood up and brushed off his chin. A much stronger desire to win began to spark in Kaguza. With a new desire came a new strategy, Aya clearly was better then her at taijutsu, he'd simply stay out of range. Aya's last attack had knock him closer to the weapon that would potentially give him the advantage in this fight. His large war hammer which he called Temper, the weapon lay calmly on the ground only a few feet away. Turning in place he walked over and picked up the five and a half foot tall weapon. This was his pride and joy, a weapon he had a hand in both it's design and creation. A deep set meaning was held within the weapon as well, it was proof that he was the strongest of his clan as well as it's oldest shinobi. While the appearance Temper was that of just a large war hammer, the weapon was more complex then that. In total the weapon could reach beyond ten meters, and be able to retract on it's own back to it's five and a half foot size. Temper held a wide variety of uses, most Kaguza had yet to take advantage of.

Something seemed to come over Aya, as she put a mask on, though to Kaguza it was simply that she wanted to wear the mask. The mask seemed familiar to him though. It was the mask that belonged to the murderer they had taken down in the cemetery when the two of them were still Genin. The two ninja were locked in a stare only for a split moment as Aya charged in this time. She wasn't as fast this time, it seemed like his last jutsu made contact and slowed her ability to move. Quickly retaliating, Kaguza hurled the smaller war hammer straight for the charging Mizukage. Watching for which direction she'd jump to, Kaguza began a powerful swing of his war hammer Temper to meet aya which ever direction she would move to avoid the flying hammer. The five and a half foot long hammer created a large threat range, that would prove dangerous to those who fought at close range.

Learning Taijutsu = 2742 words

Chakra Remaining: 300/340 :

Solstice shook the thoughts she had from her mind looking around at the forest around her, she could not touch the trees, they would wound her in real life by operating on the negative effect of her demonic ice corruption jutsu. It seemed that the man from her dreams was attempting to teach her something important about the use of nature chakra, and though Solstice was running she wasn't paying enough attention to her surroundings, the hammer came flying for her and with a coiled fist she threw a gigantic punch at it, arching her fist up and catching the head of the hammer against her armoured fist, there was a deafening crash as the two momentums collided with one another.

The shock wave from the blow rang in solstice's ears like a bell as it expanded outward, having met her fist the damage was reduced by her armour though, that did not mean that there was no damage, her hand was shaken from the hammer blow which caused a stinging numbness and her hand to become tender to the touch. Which likely translated to she would anticipate the pain when punching with that hand and subconsciously recoil a fraction, meaning she would not be able to hit as hard with the fist again for some time. The ripple spread outward shaking the ice to her eyes and making the trees wave in the temporary gust.

But Solstice was troubled, and it was taking its toll. She was too busy ensuring that the hammer was no longer a threat she had not noticed the much bigger hammer extending and crashing into her defences. she was barely able to raise her hand to defend against the shoulder high blow, it bent her bones as she allowed the strike to hit her, her body's natural traction to resist gave-way with experience and training, giving in to the impact she allowed herself to rag doll with the force a couple of meters before rolling to her front. Groaning she had a second or two to comprehend the words of the man that was talking to her.

He had spoken of Nature chakra, which to her mind, was Senjutsu, Sage skills, nature chakra... she opened her eyes and took in her surroundings. Her shoulder ached with the weight of the blow, but she opened her mind, this illusion would no doubt not end well for her if she did not complete this man's training. Though, Kaguza had no idea she was in more danger than she really was, she could feel the stabbin pain of a frostbite scar appear toward the back of her body, only a couple of inches long, but it ran half an inch deep, the genjutsu was effecting her temperature control negatively and it was not something she would like to continue.

Though, as she began to think about it, there was something in the air around her she could begin to feel after his words, it was, familiar, chakra. Nature chakra, it was all around her, in the trees, the ground, the air, the grass, in every living thing. The hardest form of chakra to control, was probably the most readily available to the ninja who could actually master it. Gripping two of the blades of her fuuma shuriken on her back, she decided she had had quite enough of being wounded. She was beginning to understand this man's training, but it was still early in the fight. Detaching the two blades and wielding them like two long daggers she looked to her opponent, delving deep into herself and activating the ability she was the most trained in.

Steam began to raise from her skin as she flowed the power of demon ice Venom into and around her body as well as into her weans which began to raise fog as an obvious visual cue, even across her mask the effect of the ice was apparent as the metal on her body became super cooled. The blades gaining an icy gloss to them as well as her knuckles. The ground at solstice's feet began to freeze into small pools, the technique that Kaguza had once long ago seen had since evolved into something more powerful and frightening than before. Launching toward him once again she simply needed to get past his hammer once, and when she did, she would be able to end the fight.

This would more than likely come down to a bout of strength, but, Kaguza was no fool, with every advance she made, he would be able to intercept, and even if that did not work, he would, with swift footing be able to swiftly re-position himself into a place where he has the advantage with that great weapon. But as her blades began to plume with the fog which was steadily steaming off her body, he would know that the cold that was being held within the blades in the coming round would be many times colder. She would await his attack, running in he would need to intercept her with the hammer as she got close, but she was ready for the tricks he had up his sleeve, at least, she thought she was ready for them.

Her arm was in pain, and her back was stinging, but with her one track mind, she could not spare the focus, and needed to keep her mind in this fight. The voice of the man still echoing in her mind as she picked up speed. You're fighting hard with your fists and your mind, but you need to open your soul with your attacks, feel the wind, the grass, the trees and the cold within you harmonize together. You wield the temperature like a weapon, turn it like a dial, manipulate it like a function, but not as a part of yourself, let go of the materialist attachment, and allow yourself to become a force of nature... His words reached her mind, and, thought they did not go against everything she believed in, to an extent, she only just now began to realise how Tenmei had thought when she had told her words which were so very similar...

chakra 360/400:

Senjutsu: 2743

Kaguza

Kaguza

D-rank
A clean hit sent Aya flying a few meters away, it was a sign that he was at least on a level field with her in terms of fighting capability. It was impressive to move his thrown hammer though by punching it away, the force likely hurt her hand or entire arm. It took a moment before Aya came to a halt and got back to her feet, between the two it seemed that who ever initiated the exchange would fall victim to the opponent's counter attack. With that in mind Kaguza waited for Aya to make her next move. Reaching to the only weapon she carried, she removed two of her Fuma shuriken's blades and held then just as a set of twin daggers. She was finally going to use her own weaponry. Kaguza didn't have much experience with bladed weapons, though their use didn't vary too much from his own choice of weapons.

A chill came across the wind as a dry ice like fog began to rise from Aya's body. It didn't take long before everything simply became cold, though only the surrounding area near aya and her metal possessions seemed to form ice. Is this the jutsu she was talking about to counter him? It's appearance did hold similarities to his own steam jutsu. Aya's clan abilities were ice based, and while he did know a bit about their ice mirror technique, there were no mirrors forming. The area near Aya was undergoing a severe temperature drop, but what would happen upon physical contact? There were too many unknown details of her technique to lessen the risk of going for close combat. He had to strike from a distance and learn more of this technique, especially if this was the one to counter him. He couldn't give her a moment of rest, channeling a small amount of chakra into his war hammer Temper he released the lock that held the hammer head to it's handle. With a powerful swing the head of his weapon quickly flew the distance towards Aya, though Kaguza hadn't taken a step towards her. With a quick reaction time she could dodge the ranged attack, though a tree behind would easily break in two from the impact. Immediately Kaguza would retract the chain to bring back the head of his hammer, using the spiked handle as a defensive weapon should Aya close the gap for an attack.

Learned Taijutsu = 3147 Words

Chakra Remaining: 295/340 :

Solstice's speed was uncanny, and her cold steel sapphire eyes were locked on her intended target, the wind blowing through her crystal coloured hair casting her fog-like glow around herself pluming backwards as billowing mist as she closed the distance between them step by agonising step. The blade in her right hand wielded in a reverse grip as her supercooled digits hugged the rings of the fuuma blades tightly as she bridged the gap between her and her opponent. She was thinking several steps ahead, and though she had know idea how exactly her opponent was going to react, she had a feeling that the reaction he did take would be one to intercept her before she managed to reach him.

She saw him aim the weapon's head in her direction, which she picked up as odd to begin with, only to then notice that when the head of the hammer fired, she had gained enough ground that she only had a faction of a second to react to the comet of solid tempered steel exploding in her direction at speeds others would consider incalculable. Solstice did instead what she knew she was good at, dodging and manoeuvring in ways which Kaguza knew she was good at doing. She didn't step to a side like a ninja who spent the time to extend a leg and launch it to the ground to propel them to one side. Such was a waste of movement, and time. Solstice span at her shoulder height, her body followed as she rather than routing her momentum converted it instantly into sideways motion.

One step, little more than a lean, was enough for the hammer head to fly past Solstice so strongly she witnessed it collide with one of the bladed trees which were frozen solid in solstice's mind while she had her back to him for a fraction of a second. Completing the three hundred and sixty degree dodge, solstices right arm flung out followed by her left as both of her ice enchanted blades were thrown in his direction with speed and accuracy in retaliation to his own ranged attack. Each of the blades would arch gracefully like a boomerang slightly for his upper left chest and lower right waist. But solstice needed something to guarantee the hit, and she hadn't stopped spinning...

Coiling her fist as she span a final hundred and eighty degrees solstice launched a blow for something she would enjoy seeing the result of. As the chain was reacting with the head of the hamer, pulling past her with speed she would punch it. The hammer pulling back compined with the deadly pulse of the Demon ice venom technique sent a sound like ripple up the length of the weapon and the links of chain as well as the area around her. Following the ripple was a rapid frost, freezing what it had his solid,as well as the chain, the links curved due to the weight of the head were frozen taught together and fused with the powerful ice, which if hit would cause the no longer flexible chain to retract properly and catch.

The cold would also travel up the weapon to his hands, capable of causing frostbite as icing of the cake of the technique only moments after her two blades would either miss, be blocked or meet their mark. The words of the bizarre sage echoes slightly in her mind, though no knew words were spoken, to this solstice considered it a slight relief as the distraction was causing her to not think properly, focusing on the man and the fight was difficult for her and it was slowing down her decision making processes. She didn't think she needed his advice to begin with, though the concept of attaining senjutsu was something she had thought of pilgrimaging before when she was a lot younger. And now it seems the master came to her. Any other day she would have been honoured, but, not like this.

chakra 350/400:

WC senjutsu: 3419

Kaguza

Kaguza

D-rank
Kaguza watched as the head of his war hammer Temper flew towards it's target, the chain unreeling itself from the hammer head during it's flight. The sound of wood shattering rang out as his attack had missed it's target. Putting herself into a side spin, Aya had managed to dodge his attack. It was clear her jutsu didn't impair her speed or maneuverability. Immediately retracting the chain he had hoped to catch her from behind. Only a moment after having dodge his attack Aya launched her own ranged assault. Throwing both of her equipped shuriken blades in wide arcs, she attempted to strike him from both sides. The ranged attack felt more of a distraction then a serious attack. Having witnessed the beginning of the Temper's return, as it recoiled the chain towards Kaguza, Aya turned her attention to the metal hammer head. As a Kage she should know the dangers that involved taking your eyes off an opponent. What now served as a brief lack of vision for Aya, Kaguza would take advantage of. He knew her next action, she had already performed such a feat with his last ranged hammer strike. She'd strike at his hammer. With her back turned to him, and the shuriken blades closing in, he quickly ducked under the blades and left a body replacement using the first hammer she lashed out at.

During her turned area of vision, Kaguza quickly grabbed both of his bladed weapons, The Sword of Kusanagi and Silver. A transformation jutsu and Kaguza gained the appearance of his long sword Silver, just as it was upon picking it up. Similar to hiding in plain sight, he was now hidden amongst the weapons that littered the battle field. Meanwhile the body replacement holding Temper took the brunt of Aya's jutsu, as she struck Temper's head. A strong layer of ice encased both the chain and hammer head before it took hold of Kaguza's body replacement. At first appearance the ice seemed to entomb Kaguza completely, though with a puff of smoke revealed otherwise. Both Temper and one of his lower ranked war hammers now stand encased in the ice created by Aya's jutsu. Kaguza disguised amongst his weaponry, intended to make it appear that he had fled into the tree line to plan his next attack. Only taking a moment to study the battlefield it would be clear that The Sword of Kusanagi was gone, likely to be used against her in his next attack, least that was what he wanted to her believe. In reality he had both Silver and Kusanagi in his possession, he'd likely have to use both of them to maintain a strong position in the fight. While Kusanagi had a well known history, his long sword Silver, was a weapon that would likely be seen as strange to anyone but himself. The design of the blade was to emulate a war hammer, with the tip of the blade having an increased weight it had dangerous slashing potential.

Learning Kenjutsu = 502 words

Chakra Remaining: 285/340 :

He attempted to duck a blade which was aimed at his waist height, The blade whisked though kaguza though only a fractional wound as he flexed downward to duck something which was already aimed at his lower body. whipping through his flesh enough to be considered a flesh wound he managed to conceal himself before solstice had made a complete turn, a feat very few were actually able to achieve against her. The block of ice that was temper was unable to retract and when it was dropped, it hit the ground flat and solid. Her blades had flown some distance, one of them having struck the person they had sought.

Kaguza had broken the flow of combat before it had really begun, something which Solstice was not too fond of, looking down at the weapons on the ground it seemed that he had taken one of them, the sword of kusanagi was misplaced, something that she could not ignore, she had been keeping an eye on that sword as much as she could spare her attention, which meant that the battle was becoming more and more serious. The thought of having to contend with that sword was a worrisome one, tightening her gloves, she was not sure if they would be able to handle the destructive properties of the blade, though she would have to find out for herself.

Looking to the forest though, that was where she did not want to tread, moving closer to the trees which to her eyes, looked like little but blades of ice which stretched out tot he sky in hundreds of tendrils coming to lethal points. But the trees were a little distance away, kaguza possessed ninjutsu, so he could have easily used the body flicker technique to escape into the woods, but Solstice was not able to follow him into there, so, whatever strategy Kaguza was planning, she would simply have to step back, and trench herself in out in the open where she knew he would have ample time to construct his strategy. All Solstice could do was prepare for what was to come.

All she could think about was the vapour... If solstice lost control of her jutsu, this battle would be more than simply over. She, even from a Kage's standpoint would be screwed, so, it was time that she used the technique which she created for this very event, it seemed ironic that Kaguza, the wielder of the sword of Kusanagi would be the one who was first to fight this jutsu of solstice's. Moving to a place in the open she placed both of her hands on the ground and focused her ice into the chakra points within her hands, and began to visualise the raw destructive power that was the hyouton element.

From beneath her a puddle dramatically spread in all directions around her, feeling the chilling cold expand five meters in either direction of her, it would be hard for him to simply even get close without slipping on the slick, though possible footing is not something many ninja think about when being presented with someone as high up as a kage. Once the almost mirror like construction was set on the ground, the jutsu was complete, it took little more than a few second to perform, and she knew that she had already effectively counter attacked his next move. Though he was unable to see it, she would surprise him with the skill she had learnt over the process of becoming a Kage.

Excellent the voice of the man spoke in her head. Using the power of ice outwardly from yourself, breathe, close your eyes and feel the energy around you resonate within yourself, such efforts are hard, but breathe in the nature chakra of the air, you of all are able to perform the task, you are ready... He spoke, and solstice found herself following his advice, taking in a deep breath, she could feel the energy within the air fill herself, it was something she realised she had to become aware to, her body and her chakra system did not use that natural power in the everyday wind as she drew breath, when indeed it would be a powerful tool.

Solstice continued breathing and focusing of adding that chakra to her own system, but her system was not accepting it, the Hyouton chakra in her body was freezing it, overpowering it, solstice needed more, but little by little the nature chakra was eating away at her own, and digging its own place in her body, pushing the chakra of her body and spirit to either side as it began to make room for itself to situate and lend its power to her abilities. The chakra in the air around her was insignificant, every molecule sized speck was nothing, but she realised that as they began to bond together, they were becoming something more powerful.

Together, over time, if they were to accumulate together into a single form it would be the most powerful fount of chakra in the ninja world, which nothing could match, and that was what the sage's tapped into, the unfathomable expanse of the residual chakra of the natural world, every tree tall and mighty, down to every ant and blade of grass possessed minute amounts and masses of this chakra, to which Solstice was beginning to awaken to, in a fascinating epiphany, looking to the mirror on the ground as she noticed that the glowing of her eye had even begun to change its colour to a lighter, more prominent blue.

and she waited, still not knowing that her opponent lay only fifteen or so meters from her side, a gap which he would be able to close in a moment which would no doubt cause an amount of surprise, but as her hands still firmly gripped the ground, she had her own defence ready, one which would pack a punch, keeping it beneath the ground for now, though still maintaining the jutsu, she wanted to keep it hidden for a moment more.

chakra 320:

senjutsu WC: 4444

Kaguza

Kaguza

D-rank
Kaguza watched and waited as he saw his weapons freeze upon contact with Aya. Having taken advantage of her turned vision, he had managed to successfully hide himself amongst the battlefield, though not without evading every attack. A small error on his part had given him a minor flesh wound from one of Aya's thrown shuriken blades, thankfully it wasn't enough to stop him but something that would need attention soon as their skirmish ended. A sense of irritation arose as his favorite weapon was unusable unless he found a way to deice it. Aya's jutsu was a dangerous one, close combat with it active seemed almost suicide.

The tension seemed to increase as Aya took notice. Hoping she'd take off into the treeline, he waited planning to follow her and strike. Aya's actions were quite different than Kaguza had hoped. Instead of seeking him out, she moved to a more open area of the battlefield and began another jutsu. Seeing the current situation the same as attacking a fortress, it was clear she was waiting for his attack. A radius of the ground around Aya became coated in a mirror sheen like ice. With her hands to the ground at the center of the effected ground, it didn't seem like she could move. Another jutsu that had held unknown details for him, he wouldn't chance moving within the effected area without more information.

With Temper unusable and his Kusari-gama now shattered, his options for a ranged attack were limited. There was one jutsu that would allow him to safely strike from outside of Aya's jutsu, though the timing didn't feel right, it needed to draw more surprise. His remaining options were using one of the blades in his possession as a thrown weapon. With two weapons in hand, he wouldn't be left unarmed, and forcing her to activate her jutsu was priority. Of his two current weapons Silver was the better option, the weapon would create a wider area of threat as a thrown weapon.

Kaguza cancelled his Transformation jutsu which created a cloud of smoke. Using the cloud as a cover before it disipated, he hurled his longsword Silver towards his opponent. The sword of Kusanagi standing in the ground in front of Kaguza gave him both his hands to work with to perform his Thunder Clap jutsu. Holding his hands together for only for a moment, he stretched them out wide to either side of his body, an arc of lightning connected the two and generated a blast of thunder. The force of the thunder served to propel the thrown longsword at his opponent and a far greater speed then he could throw, the target was her forearms. The attack would serve it's purpose rather it made contact with Aya or her jutsu. If she didn't utilize her jutsu in any way or move from her current position, the thrown sword would not be a light tap.

The cloud created by the Transformation jutsu had dissipated and Kaguza would not stand still. Grabbing The Sword of Kusanagi, he began running to his right and would begin circling the area effected by Aya's jutsu, keeping a distance of a few meters. Even with a ranged attack launched, he wouldn't risk stepping on the effected ground, specially after seeing what happened when she struck Temper. The activation of her jutsu was too big of a risk in his mind. He'd make his next move after learning more about the new threat.

Learning Kenjutsu = 1084 words

Chakra Remaing: 260/340 :

There was an explosion of jutsu smoke in her peripheral vision enough to surprise solstice as she activated the defensive property of her jutsu. The first thing Kaguza would see would be the head of the Dragon jutsu exploding out of the ground like a giant viper striking at the air, the sword penetrating into the side of its head and aside from the light penetration in its side it seemed otherwise effected as the serpentine dragon coiled around its master protectively, raising up like a cobra and paring its fangs at the request of the user, displaying all the glory of the beast, its arms and claws flexed as the air around it became frigid, any moisture within its radius becoming particle thin snow, accumulating and falling to the ground due to its additional weight and density.

This was her counter to him, no water source or even vapour source was able to reach her while she was in the centre of the Avatar of her own chakra manifested into the physical world, the thirty meter long serpentine dragon let out a gearous roar of chakra and force. Her control of the dragon was immaculate, the Dragon looked alive at her will, it even seemed to breathe in time with herself, its chest flexing as if it had muscles and organs from which to breathe, though it was merely in sync with its master, who was focusing intently on her own breath control. Focusing her will into the beast, she pressed her hands harder on the ground as a command to attack with its ranged weapon.

Rearing back as Kaguza began strafing to the side one after the other deadly two meter long spears shot from the dragon's mouth like a breath weapon one after the other, four in total at a rate which seemed that they would not stop. Each of the spears travelling fast enough and powerful enough that when they collided with the ground they disappeared from sight, penetrating so deeply that they completely submerged into the ground. Each of the spears was aimed at Kaguzas chest as the serpent swivelled to always be facing him, rather than simply rotating its head and giving Kaguza an angle to attack from.

Solstice was digging into her chakra reserves to use this ability, it was not an easy one to maintain and required constant focus, being easily ruptured by Doton abilities which fractured the ground and misplaced her hands which were required to constantly maintain the massive flow of chakra from her own body. Yet she could feel the nature chakra of the area fill her lungs more and more as she continued to breathe it in, the Hyouton chakra in her body intermingling with it it was beginning to accept it, the sage chakra of the area around her was beginning to combine with that of the advanced element within her own body.

A slight flare of her eyes revealing rainbow like colours from the two of them as she had learned how to flow the vibrant chakra through her veins, pressing her hands harder against the ground the forest of diamond blades began to fade away, her training for now had been completed, but the fight that she was a part of was still hanging in the air, and it still needed to be won, she had exposed one of her most powerful weapons to Kaguza, but she was immobilised. It was a trade off which could prove to her disadvantage, or perhaps even to her advantage he had to fight the dragon to reach her, which though large was far from slow or weak.

Rearing down on him though the rate of fire of its icicle blasts were slow it was a constant threat, which was great enough that he would have to dodge every single one of them, one bolt would lead him to the loss of the fight, but nothing was certain with the sword of kusanagi, Solstice knew of its abilities, and should he have thrown that blade, boosting effects of his Raiton ability combined with the weakness of the dragon it would more than likely instantly lower her incredible defence as the ranks of powerful lightning stacked up against her. But her mind went back to what she was attempting to prove, she was here to protect the village, and for that cause, she would not fail this training!

chakra 310:

Senjutsu training 5000/5000

Last edited by Ayakashi on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kaguza

Kaguza

D-rank
Kaguza watched as his propelled long sword Silver flew through the air only to meet the side of Aya's jutsu. A large ice dragon erupted from the ground stopping the blade as it collided with it's head. What seemed like throwing a thorn at an ice sculpture, it was unfazed. A loud roar erupted as the long spears were shot at Kaguza, each with precise aim. The speed each of the shots traveled at made it difficult to dodge them all. The first of the shots, was of the easiest, a quick jump to the side. The power of the attack was incredible as it seemed to vanish upon impact, though it was simply strong enough to bury itself a scary distance under the earth. The next two shots were more difficult as the dragon kept a pin point aim. Jumping even a short distance away from the first gave the second one a shorter time frame to out maneuver. Channeling raiton chakra to increase his speed, he dashed forward barely avoiding the second spear. After witnessing the launch of the third, he jumped into the air before it made contact. The fourth and final shot flew towards it's target with him no longer having any way of escape. Kusanagi in hand, the blade began to hum slightly and glow as raiton chakra coated blade. He couldn't dodge the final spear, instead he retaliated against it. Keeping the blade in line with his body, swung upwards. Upon contact the blade cleaved through the large ice spear, the two pieces flying by him one on either side before eventually meeting the earth below.

Landing on his feet he was ready to deal with more spears should they be fired, four however seemed to be all. The dragon towered over Kaguza, it's height making it a serious threat. The air within meters of the created dragon seemed to freeze, this had to be the counter she was talking about. Getting close would disrupt his tainted chakra cloud, making it useless. It felt like a compliment to him that so much thought was put in to counteract his jutsu, thankfully his current opponent he'd likely never have to use any clan related abilities on. One detail did stand out just as much as the dragon's height, and that was Aya's position. She had yet to move from her knelt down position, her hands hadn't moved from their placed spot either. Most jutsu used by any ninja held some kind of weakness, perhaps her's was the required hand contact with the ground to maintain. While breaking her contact was the quickest way to disrupt her jutsu, it would also likely prove the most difficult. The size of her ice dragon would provide a powerful and moveable defense. Getting through such a defense by speed wasn't favorable.

The Sword of Kusanagi was a weapon for the quick and graceful. While Kaguza had skill with the weapon, it wasn't enough to yield any kind of advantage in the current situation. Given the wall like defensive ability of Aya's dragon, he needed his war hammer Temper. Despite it still being encased in ice, a smile painted his face. A single weapon at his disposal meant all of his weapons were in his possession, even if there was a distance between him and them. Taking a standing position, he held up a hand sign to focus his chakra. Moving The sword of Kusanagi in his hand behind himself out of Aya's sight, a cloud from a jutsu erupted. His jutsu was similar to the academy level transformation technique, but more powerful, in that it created a perfect physical replica of a weapon of his choice if he had one to use as a medium. Temper, or a clone of Temper now was in Kaguza's hidden hand. His original dreams of becoming a shinobi were never to beat an opponent through stealth and traps, but by standing in front and going through their defenses, all the more reason to wield the powerful war hammer.

In the midst of the jutsu cloud, Kaguza began channeling a frightening amount of raiton chakra into what was now a clone of his war hammer Temper. Releasing the lock and stepping into a powerful swing, a think electrified chakra covered the weapon as it extended. A dragon of his own emerged as the weapon reached it's full length of ten meters. Letting out a roar of it's own as it charged forward towards Aya's dragon, if Kaguza couldn't get around it, he'd go through it. The difference of the two ninja's dragons were clear in both size and ability. Kaguza's was a third of Aya's, and while a constant contact was required, Kaguza was still completely mobile as was his dragon.

Learning Kenjutsu = 1500/1500 words
Training Temper's Moving Dragon = 382/2500 words
Total Word Count for Post= 797 words

Chakra Remaining: 200/340 :

The dragon bared down on the Raiton equivalent of itself and bore its teeth, Solstice coiled and surrounded by her own dragon on all sides only gave herself few points of entrance to herself, but he seemed to be taking the most direct route. His ten meter dragon of pure raiton power was something that was impressive for sure, but seeing the hammer she had frozen on the ground behind him, she thought to herself with a smile, that he had condemned himself far more than he had given himself an advantage. The chakra ability flowing through his weapon was great and powerful, and by the amount of chakra he was using, there was very little chance that the jutsu that compassed his weapon, simple in nature was going to insulate the massive chakra flowing through it for very long at all.

Reading her dragon, she knew it had a massive vulnerability when it came to Raiton, so it was going to have to do what it could before being inevitably shattered by the technique in some form or another. After firing its four bolts the monster of a creature breathed in, it had a slow rate of fire, that much was certain, but it was able to perform a little more than that. With a roar four bolts fired from the beasts mouth at once, aimed for the four corners of Kaguza's person, each of his shoulders and each of his hips, making dodging something which was going to be more or less difficult.

The dragon then attacked with its mass, Solstice knew it was weak to the Raiton energy, but Raiton energy had no concussive solid force, meaning that although with a strike it could cause her control of the jutsu to break and it to shatter into boulder sized pieces, there would still be, boulder sized pieces, and that was something he was going to have to contend with even should he shatter solstice's justu. The head of the beast would come crashing down for him faster than anything he would have seen something that size moving, it was not like a large lumbering dragon, it had the dimensions of a viper, and it moved as such, whipping down and coiling up, positioning itself closer to its opponent, readying its claws for assault.

No more than a few seconds after the bolt the serpentine dragon of Solstice wavered from side to side like a pendulum, before cracking itself to one side and bringing its crushing teeth for Kaguzas body as it flanked him from the side.

Kaguza

Kaguza

D-rank
Charging forward with his Raiton dragon in front of him, Aya's opposing ice dragon let out a powerful roar as it fired off four more ice spears all at once. Control of his own dragon was similar to Aya's in that it could move independently under it's user's control. Holding the handle of his dragon tightly it swung it's tail end into the air sending Kaguza into the air over the launched spears. The head of the Raiton creature followed Kaguza as he pulled it up to launch his next attack. Sparing no time in her own assault, Aya's beast of ice lunged for Kaguza bearings it's fangs. In a strong motion, Kaguza sent his dragon to meet hers. Temper lunged straight for it's ice equivalent, flying straight down it's throat, both sparks and ice shards flew in all directions as the two dragons collided. A loud crack followed as Aya's dragon began to crumble. The dragon however did not fall straight to the ground, the force from the dragon kept the boulder sized chunks of ice moving towards Kaguza.

Several of the large ice fragments that made up Aya's dragon collided with Kaguza knocking him back to earth. A couple of the fragments managing to cut him on his left arm and legs, while most dealt blunt damage to varies parts of his body. The number of injuries would impair his ability to move, thankfully the sharper wounds weren't too deep. Maintaining a firm hold of Temper, Kaguza used his raiton dragon to form a small barrier over himself to prevent further damage from falling ice, till the Aya's dragon completely fell apart.

Once the risk of falling ice had passed, Kaguza's dragon loosened it's coilling barrier from around Kaguza. Standing strong, he was determined to push the limits of both Aya and himself as far as possible without becoming life threatening. Moving forward at a walking pace, he gauged just how well his legs would work after receiving the damage from Aya. It wasn't ignorable, but it wouldn't keep him from continuing. Braking into a run, with each step he could feel each of the impact points. With Temper in hand, Kaguza lashed out going for a vertical strike from above, his dragon letting out a roar of it's own as it crashed into the area Aya stood. It wasn't likely he'd hit Aya with such a direct attack, he'd have to focus more on an attack a split second after when she moved to dodge or defend. He needed to release the original Temper from it's ice encasing. Dashing to the side, his dragon's next attack wasn't towards Aya but to smash apart the ice the covered the original Temper. Maintaining vision on his opponent, the raiton dragon struck Temper hoping to free it.

Training Temper's Moving Dragon 849/2500 Words

Chakra Remaining: 190/340 :

As the events of the battle unfolded Solstice had enough downtime within the heart of her dragon to deliberate her next move, she was not going to win this by being idle and staying on the defensive, his offensive abilities were too strong, she needed to show what she was willing to do to protect her country, the chakra which welled through her body surged through her right arm as the boulders of her dragon connected with Kaguza in mid-air, connecting with him she watched as he coiled around in a defensive formation, and THAT was her time to strike, letting her hands go from the ground what remained of her dragon fell apart instantly, a few people thought this was a downside, but it never inhibited her movements, making her able to make explosive attacks from it with almost no downtime.

The Kage rocketed out from the falling sparkling ice her right arm literally glowing as she surged all of her strength within it, chakra enhanced strength and her own incredible speed combined as the few remaining boulders fell down, and he had fallen almost perfectly into the jowls of her trap. Though Solstice knew there would more than likely be a heavy downside to this attack, she had to physically meet her fist to the dragon, a pain which could damage her gloves and electrocute her body, but it could be mitigated, like all damage it could be mitigated. It was just a matter of trying.

The Hyouton in her body compacted down into her right fist, Solstice's voice could barely be heard over the crackling of the lightning and the falling debris, but it was there, crying out as she braced herself mentally for the pain. Her fist became her will incarnated into a single point, the will to protect the village, the will to destroy aggressors, YUKKI ONI TECHNIQUE!!! RELEASE!

Slamming her fist downward as he was still guarding she intended to intercept his future movements as the last of the boulders was coming down for her, the chakra enhanced strength coiled in her body as she threw all of herself into the punch toward the side of his dragon as she screamed the technique, which to date, the late missing ninja Xiahou was the only one to experience, shoud her fist miss, it would follow through as she would bend her knees and instead collide it with the earth. The chakra enhanced strength would create a crater, which would remove her opponent's footing, making escape implausible, as the sound wave pulsed outward, turning everything in the 25 meter radius into a flash frozen sunken glacier.

The ice however, was not lethal, though the freezer burns would be something to consider as he would gradually freeze after a second or two, but become prone to shattering should solstice wound him any further like an ice sculpture... There were cracks in his defence, and as the attack was a wave unless his dragon could seal itself air tight around himself it would not be able to defend him, but even then, lightning as much as it had amazing force, it was not physically solid. her wave would wash over the dragon, and hit her target as hopefully the force of her fist and her SS ranked Taijutsu would penetrate his ability.

chakra 250:

Kaguza

Kaguza

D-rank
The end of the battle was drawing closer with the destruction of the ice dragon. Hiding underneath his own dragon for protection, Kaguza was vulnerable to attacks. Though he was safe from falling debris, his vision was obscured. Only sound from outside would give him clues to the current situation. Noise of falling debris had stopped but a voice was audible over the sound of his dragon. No one had spoken since the beginning of the battle, it was clear however who's voice it was though. Parting the barrier, Aya was bearing down rapidly on him. Her arm demonstrating yet another powerful jutsu. The tide of battle had shifted severely in her favor. Going against his usual tactics he played defensive, and it now had put him a terrible disadvantage. The condition of his legs would prevent Kaguza from escaping or successfully dodging the attack. His only option was to return to his heavy assault strategy, and hope to come out on top.

Commanding his Raiton dragon, the beast lunged to meet Aya head on. It was unclear what Aya's jutsu would do, but he knew there was no way he'd avoid it completely. The dragon let out a fearsome roar as it collided with Aya's oncoming fist. It seemed for a moment that the dragon could hold against her, only fall victim as her fist began to sink through the chakra created beast. The raiton dragon's head had successfully been penetrated, though his jutsu was not pure energy, Aya's fist next collided with what served to give the dragon structure. The head of his cloned war hammer next met Aya's fist, though without the raiton jutsu, it held only the force given to it when the dragon initially lunged. The hammer head however was completely solid upon impact, serving to absorb a noticeable amount of Aya's technique as they collided. The raiton chakra making up his dragon seemed to explode as it dispersed, sending small sparks into the air. Ice began to take over control of the area as it manifested. Kaguza's attack had absorbed a decent amount the shockwave upon impact, enough to prevent himself form being completely frozen solid, though enough to still encase the majority of his body.

The battle was over and Kaguza knew it. He stood still in his fighting stance only because his body was locked into position by Aya's jutsu. The clone Temper dispersed in a puff of smoke returning to The Sword of Kusanagi. The heat of battle still racing in his heart, though the cold was quickly taking over. "I'm done." To date this was his most intense encounter. Aya's techniques and ability were definitely worthy of her new position in his eyes. "Tell me, Lord Mizukage, think you can give me a hand? I'm gonna get frostbite here soon." It was comforting knowing that she was on his side, or rather that he was on her side. "Maybe we can go get that drink you owe me, probably after a trip to the hospital, wouldn't want to bleed on everything." The ice thankfully did serve one benefit, it kept his wounds closed over and would reduce least a little bit of the number of bruises he'd get over the next week.

Training Temper's Moving Dragon 1391/2500 words

Chakra Remaining 190/340

Solstice looked down at her hand, or what was almost considered the smouldering remains of it, her armour had not been penetrated though long and vicious looking burns ran up her arm from the lightning damage, her glove had taken the brunt of the force reducing the damage but the effect afterwards was still astounding. The meteoric force of his hammer as well as her punch could have easily shattered both of the things involved, but it seems Kaguza got the worst of it. Solstice's physical strength was one of her prides, and with her impact as well as force enough to generate a massive crater, the shock wave of the blow sent a ripple through the trees for meters.

Once it was over, Solstice looked at her opponent, he had been frozen solid into chakra cryostasis. It was enough to be considered a win, but barely. Lightning was for sure not the element she was comfortable in fighting when push came to shove, and with the use of the kusanagi legendary capabilities as well as his own being amplified through it, there was not much in her arsenal that she could use to get rid of it. The exchange was favorable this time, but when it came to releasing her friend from the ice, it didn't take much more than a wave of her hand. He became less brittle and thankfully, did not crumble as his body thawed. The attack was non lethal in scope, and she didn't want to kill someone she had an announcement for.

Well, it's nice to know that in leu of me being here we have people like you Sannin to protect Kirigakure. She said with a sly look on her face. Hoping that he would double take on the fact that she had said Sannin in place of Jounin. Indicating an increase of rank that was more than deserved for the fighter, he had displayed ability far succeeding his station as a Jounin, and the wielder of the Kusanagi, it was rare that she was able to fight that legendary weapon and yet come out on... well come out. Her eyes softened as her weakened arm gripped her heavily wounded arm as she fought down the pain for a moment.

Looking to the trees, from the chaos which had ensued a couple of Anbu corps had seemed to have noticed the fight, thinking there having been an invader they naturally came to see the damage, finding Kaguza and Solstice worse for wear as two of them jumped down and channeled their chakra into healing energy. Healing the wounds of the Kage and the swordsman until they were little more than bruised up. But that's right, I do owe you a drink dont I, and I think we have something to drink about now! Something to Celebrate. So lets go and give the Izakaya in the city something to worry about. I know you can't get drunk, but I sure as hell can.

She said with a laugh, moving from the scene and dragging Kaguza along after making the Anbu collect up his weapons and return them to their user. Looking forward to the future, it seemed bright for Kirigakure, as she tried to drink Kaguza under the table, not doing very well against the esteemed myugan, even with a Kage;s stomache, toward the end of the night she bid everyone goodbye and asked for a private word with Kaguza. Taking out a scroll and quill and inscribing something on the piece of paper. Looking to him and handing it over, on the parchment, pressed with the Mizukage's seal was his name in fluid script. "Kaguza, Master of Weapons, Sanin of the hidden mist, and Captain of the Seven Swordsman. By word of the Mizukage, the bearer of this scroll and this name, is permitted to travel the land in search of strength, and to bring glory to the name of Kirigakure."

You've Grown up well Kaguza, and I am proud, and even to a point unwilling as a Mizukage, I can't do this job alone... I'm going to need a lot of help. I want you to be there to help me, I'm going to need you in the coming days... There's a shit-storm going to hit Kiri, and I don't think I can take it on my own. She spoke to the ears of no-one else. And after awaiting his reply, and offering him a hug, she headed off in the direction of home. She needed to finish her training for the night. Taking up a bokken and looking through the manuals of foreign swordsmanship, she trained until the early hours of the morning, until she finally fell asleep, her knowledge of Kenjutsu, and now onojutsu linking together nicely to compact her skills and learn the western arts.

She felt the need to increase her skills past that of any other Kage in the history of the land of water... She needed to...

training swordsmanship 1500/1500:

Kaguza

Kaguza

D-rank
As Kaguza was released from the ice that encased him he did the best he could to remain standing. Freezing cold, battered, and bleeding, the hospital would have been his first stop had it not been for the anbu making their appearance to lend a hand. How long had they been watching? There wasn't prior warning to what escalated into a large and very noticeable fight, he was surprised that they didn't intervene. Regardless, the match was over, he was both impressed by Aya's ability as well as his own improvement. His mind seemed to race over areas to improve upon and new ideas to put to the test. It almost passed unheard as Aya began to speak, but two words caught his attention. "You Sannin" The words echoed in his head as he tried to piece together why she said them. He was still ranked at Jounin, was he being promoted? A look at Aya's face made it clear that she was increasing his rank.

The Anbu spared no time as Aya grabbed her wounded arm, and began healing the two of them. Kaguza studied the amount of damage he had done to Aya as she was healed. Even during his travels he had trained but never used any of his new techniques in any real battle, to see the what only one of his new jutsu could do against an opponent was inspiring. Aya seemed in good spirits despite the injuries to her arm, wanting to drink and celebrate with him over his new rank. "Let's go take over the bar then!"

Once fully healed, least to what medical ninjutsu could do, Kaguza joined in with Aya's laugh and was happily dragged off to the bar. Glancing back, he could see the Anbu picking up all his weapons that were scattered about the area, even gathering the shards of his Kusarigama. Upon entering the bar, the regulars cheered out upon seeing Kaguza after so long. He didn't know many of them, though after having a series of drinking contests several years back he was certainly a legend amongst the pubs. It didn't take long before the challenges arouse and even the Mizukage joined in, all falling to Kaguza however. As a Myugan he was immune to the inebriation of alcohol, thankfully it had no repercussions on his liver either.

Before the night ended it seemed that the newly appointed Mizukage had another point to discuss with Kiri's newest Sannin. Writing on a scroll and giving it an official seal, Kaguza read the scroll. Rolling the scroll up, Kaguza tucked it away. With a smile on his face, he gladly returned the hug. He had been given the equivalent of three titles, a promotion, as well as a new position. Sannin was a long dream of Kaguza's, however to be declared Captain of the Seven Swordsman, was surprising. The group known as the Seven Swordsman of Kiri, had long since been disbanded. It seemed Aya planned to bring back the swordsman, something must really have inspired fear to resurrect them. Though thinking back to the events of the summit, it wasn't too surprising. "Aya, Thank you. I'm here for anything you need. Never consider yourself alone, whatever may come, you have my help." With that, he made his way back to the small shack he called home and finally fell asleep in his own bed after five years.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.