You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hodaka walked down the rather winding halls of the Sunagakure Administration Building. Wearing the signature Black Coat of someone he had just met and lost, no one would be able to tell it was him. The hood obscured his face quite well. Its matching shoes made a tak, tak, tak each time they met the ground.

He didn't know what to feel right now....distraught was probably the closest feeling he could pin to this that he was experiencing. He was glad and all to be so trusted in the Hidden Sand....but why did that mean anything to him? Am I setting my priorities straight...? What am I even supposed to be doing?

With a sigh, he found that he subconsciously had walked himself to arrive at the Kazekage's office. Glancing down at the book in his hand---there for always---he observed the goings-on in the area. A handy part of being him: his books let him know what was going on, every second of every minute of every hour of every day. Untitled Writings was furiously scrawling words down---in an alphabet understood by almost no one---which was customary for being surrounded by such a busy place as this. Well. I'd best get in there....she did call for me, after all. Even without being in the room, Hodaka could cast a Genjutsu in there. Harmless at worst....it was always his preferred method of travel. Untitled Writings suggested there was nothing going on in there that he had to worry about barging into...though as a tome with a rather broad subject, it was never too specific.

Hodaka visualized where he wanted to be. Right in front of the Kazekage's desk, about a meter and a half from it. A puddle of shadow appeared, expanding from one point that acted as its center. As this happened, he spoke, the Genjutsu echoing his voice around the room. Again, he just loved making a good entrance. Aren't we looking lively? The shadows leaped up from the puddle in an oblong dome, perfectly proportioned for a person, and then seemingly evaporated a second later to reveal the black-cloaked young man. He waited for the Wind Shadow's reply; he expected it to be one that was not as friendly as usual,, as this was the first time he'd worn the coat....it being completely concealing, the only way he could be recognized was by voice (and even then suspicion was usually used; Henge for life). He waited to lower his hood until she was about halfway into whatever she was saying. Even if she was his superior....he liked to think of the two of them as good friends. A harmless jest or two never hurt anything. If anything, this might have helped cheer Hodaka up a bit. He enjoyed the occasional antic....doing one made him feel more at ease, a sort of normalcy.

After his hood was down, he gave the bang covering his face a brush with his left hand, not making it go to the side but simply as a habit; he gave a faint, friendly smile as he did so.

[The Ultimate Mission of Doom: 535/3000]

Chie

Chie

D-rank
Hodaka had probably expected to see Gin sitting behind her desk. Instead he would find two six year old girls sitting atop the desk. They both looked well kept and groomed, with perfectly combed strands of white hair and ironed dresses. The one on Hodaka's left, Chie, grinned wildly. Her eyes were wide open and her smile was spread deviously across her face. She looked rather adorable, truth be told. But by now, most people within Sunagakure knew well enough to run when they saw that. After all, any attempts made to fight the child almost immediately summoned the Kazekage who would go into an almost feral state to protect her little girl. Reiko, the twin on the right, simply looked bored. Then again, she always did. Rarely did the child ever smile or show any ounce of emotion. That made her hard to predict for anyone other than Chie. Then again, both twins shared an almost psychic link that made them perfectly coordinated in and out of battle.

Chie giggled as Hodaka appeared from the ground. "Momma has a mission for you," She said in a sing-song tone of voice. At this, Chie smirked for a brief moment. "Yes, a very important one," Said Reiko, extending a piece of paper that read as such:

Hey Hodaka!

I know this is really really short notice, but I'm taking the day off. Now, I know you've taken care of all the paperwork lately, so I thought I might change things up a bit and have you babysit the kids. Don't worry, they're mostly harmless... as long as you keep them entertained.

'Kthanksbye~

-Gin

PS: I'll be at the strip club in case everything goes horribly wrong.

Reiko would wait patiently for Hodaka to take the letter. Chie, on the other hand, would bounce up and down in place. Ever since Jurou had disappeared and Trilby had defected, the two young girls had found themselves spending most of their time with Gin, who had decided now that she needed a day off after finding out that she was pregnant with another batch of twins after the summit. The twins understood that she needed time to herself, to some extent. In fact, they were the ones who had suggested the day off, though that was mostly so that they could torture her poor secretary. They had been planning this out for a week in clear detail. Reiko had even gone to the extent of taking Soul Cutter from Gin and strapping it to her side. Chie carried a teddy bear stuffed with kunai that had been a gift from her now deceased uncle, Sero.

The two girls hadn't exactly had it easy, which was probably why they found solace in tormenting others. But Gin had faith that they would mature out of that eventually. Now both waited for Hodaka, so that they could start the day that they had planned out. They looked at him deviously.

Hodaka didn't know what to think.....these two kids in the Wind Shadow's office!? What was the meaning of---

"Momma has a mission for you," "Yes, a very important one,"

The child on his right held out her hand, with what appeared to be a letter. Only half shocking Hodaka, it was immaculately written in the Kazekage Gin's handwriting.

Hey Hodaka!

I know this is really really short notice, but I'm taking the day off. Now, I know you've taken care of all the paperwork lately, so I thought I might change things up a bit and have you babysit the kids. Don't worry, they're mostly harmless... as long as you keep them entertained.

'Kthanksbye~

-Gin

PS: I'll be at the strip club in case everything goes horribly wrong.

....oh. So they were his mission. Or they were needy children with a penchant for forging handwriting. So all he had to do was entertain them? This....seemed too good to be true. An S-ranked mission...babysitting some kids? At first glance, this seemed the stuff of D-rank missions. The smile on the left child's face---Chie, if he remembered from his frequent but brief glimpses of them---said otherwise. It was hard to read Reiko....very hard. Not even a facial twitch. The only thing that elicited response from her was something---anything, rather---said or done by Chie. Hodaka sighed....he could tell, somehow, that this was going to be a long, long day. Paragraph number one, sentence number three. He was not good at entertaining. The best he could probably manage would be taking them around town, maybe buy them a few things (being a government worker had its perks). To say the least? He would be lucky if his stay with them was mostly harmless. Hodaka had to admit, though, the girls were cute. No wonder they got away with everything....

The Gowa-Ken cut his musings short as he decided to speak for the first time to the girls.

"Well, now. Since I'll be looking after you for the day.....I suppose I should ask what would behoove you two to do. No fun if I'm the one ordering you around. All the time, at least." He admitted it. He wasn't the greatest with kids. Though, as he sort of still was one, Hodaka from now on would try and keep his inner urges suppressed. Correcting grammar, using sophisticated words, all of that frou-frou. It probably wouldn't sit well with the twins. There was something off about them right now, though...they seemed awfully....the word wasn't odd. They knew something he didn't. If he couldn't read Reiko, Chie sort of overcompensated. "Well, why don't we go outside first? The office must be kind of stuffy, what with sitting in here for so long."

Opening the door, he began to walk out, looking over his left shoulder to see if the twins were following suit.

[1044/3000]

Chie

Chie

D-rank
Chie and Reiko both stared at Hodaka as he read the letter. Yes, this would be incredibly entertaining for the two of them. As Hodaka offered to lead them out of the room, Chie hopped off of the desk with a wide grin on her face. She knew what Reiko had planned. She watched as her twin sister rummaged through her mother's desk after having picked the lock. She opened the drawer and pulled out a bottle of alcohol - Vodka, from what she could tell by reading the label. "Is that the funny drink momma always takes at night?" Chie asked, staring at the bottle. Reiko nodded, slipping the bottle into her backpack. "She won't miss it," Said Reiko as she hurried off and followed Hodaka out of the building. She had noticed that Gin had stopped taking that drink a while ago. She had also noticed that it made her act silly when she had too much. And that was exactly what she was going to use it for.

When they both caught up to Hodaka, Chie began to speak. "We have a very special day planned out for you, Daka-chan!" She said, calling him by the nickname that she had made up on the spot. She grabbed him by the hand and began dragging him down the streets of Sunagakure, closer to the market district. Of course, Reiko followed her, walking with that vacant and cold expression on her face. Chie knew enough to tell that she was entertained. "We set you up on a date," Reiko said dryly. "Momma said you like boys, so we found you a cute one online!" Chie said gleefully. She would smile widely once she caught a glimpse of the expression on Hodaka's face. They had been looking for the right person, browsing online through catalogs of men for the past week.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.