You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 2]

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
The brash and eager genin was ready to do whatever he could to contribute to his village. After graduating from the academy, he was notified that over the course of his genin campaign he would have several meetings with his clan’s leader, Ooame. Kenji never thought too highly of his spiritual leader. Kenji’s family lived in the rice paddy field, but upon becoming a genin he moved into an apartment inside the village gates. Today was the day he officially moved in. He had already said his goodbyes to his immediate family, as everyone else in his clan despised him for his decision. Kenji had a few possessions, his one room apartment that was comprised of a brown couch and two bookshelves filled with books of his clan’s history and teachings; which he was required to know. A shaggy brown couch was the center of his living room; the apartment also housed a quite spacious kitchen. While in the academy he was told that the time between graduation and receiving a mission would vary slightly around one week, regardless of this information Kenji had hoped to get something within the next few hours, as he could not wait to feed his sword human flesh. He was being fantastical of course. He knew he would also have to be patient in being introduced to his team. He was looking forward to meeting his comrades as well as his sensei. Organization was something Kenji was fond of, and as a new ninja the only way to really operate was in a team.

Once Kenji had arranged his apartment to a condition sufficient to him, he went outside where coolness and solace would be waiting to greet him. Kenji loved nature and all its eccentricities. As Kenji stood outside his apartment greeting the locals, it was in that very moment he knew he was in store for a wild adventure.
Kenji, through his inheritance is supposedly unaffected by thin atmospheres due his ancestor's long stint as mountain dwellers. So the young genin decided he would head to the much talked about Sky Point. He had heard that 45 minutes was the longest anyone ever stayed up there before succumbing to light-headedness. Since Kenji really had nothing else to do but revel in his graduation from the academy, he thought he’d go to Sky Point and put his clan’s immunity to thin atmospheric environments to the test. When the blue-haired ninja, reached the top he found himself more fatigued by the time it took him to reach the peak. Also more so than the thin atmosphere, the freezing temperatures proved to be the most crippling of the elements. The mountain was laced with fleecy snow; intimidating boulders were found crushing any form of greenery that tried to blossom. Kenji stood atop the mountain shivering despite having four layers on, he wasn’t planning on leaving anytime soon as he was more interested if his breathing would be impaired by the atmosphere.

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
As the bitter cold wind danced around him Bokuden let out a small sigh and grinned. This was not his first trip to sky point. It was in fact one of his favorite places to meditate. The unwelcoming conditions and unpleasantness of the climb deterred all but the most determined, or most stubborn of travelers. Even then, those unable to regulate their breathing well were forced off the peak in a matter of minutes. The solitude and serenity of being able to look down upon the world he knew provided Bokuden a measure of piece, if even for a moment.

Upon reaching the summit Bokuden noticed another person had arrived there before him. "Shaking like a leaf," Bokuden mused in his own mind. This was obviously the kid's first time on the mountain. His presence was an inconvenience, but Bokuden proceeded up to the peak. He walked right past the stranger without saying a word or acknowledging him in any way and took a seat overlooking the cliff. "He won't last long," Bokuden thought, "In a few minutes he will go running back home and I'll be free to meditate in peace."

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
As Kenji began to regulate his senses, the cold was not as intrusive, it was actually quite pleasant. Kenji was still trembling as the cold had touched his core and gave him a chill that would take some time to shake. It was true what he had heard, even in his foggy state he could appreciate the blissfulness of this place. The altitude was so great Kenji could see clouds swirling above like a halo. If that was a halo this mountain must be an angel. Kenji thought to himself as he could tell a spell of serenity was being cast on him. Because of the fierce sensation caused by the unfamiliar conditions Kenji was quite jumpy, but as he felt more and more at peace he ruled the sound out as... He quickly spun up to his feet as if moving on a swivel. As Kenji's fingertips caressed his sword he realized he was of no threat seeing as he was apparently from Kumo as well. The seeming innocuous stranger walked right by him as if he was invisible. Not only did he interrupt his experiment, he obviously lacked in etiquette. Kenji looked in the opposite direction as he said, "I guess the cold has affected your eyesight, you're getting light-headed already it seems." Kenji wasn't one for banter but he found himself a little more sensitive giving the fact he was sneaked up on so easily. And on top of that this composed person was already proving himself to be more adept in withstanding harsh conditions. This was probably not his first trip to Sky Point.

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Bokuden glared sharply at the stranger from the corner of his eye for a moment then looked back out over the cliff. As he proceeded to lay his katana across his lap in traditional Ryuzoji fashion for meditation Bokuden replied in a sarcastic manner, "A bit jumpy, aren't we? Just a moment ago you were too busy staring out into space and freezing to death to even notice I was here." All the while he never bothered to make eye contact with the stranger, in his mind hoping it would encourage the boy to depart from the mountain. It was obvious that he was not comfortable with the conditions of Sky Point and Bokuden knew the dangers of long exposure to such a harsh climate to the uninitiated.

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
"A bit jumpy, aren't we? Just a moment ago you were too busy staring out into space and freezing to death to even notice I was here." Kenji began to scowl, as his ego reached its pain threshold. The blue-haired ninja soon realized that this new environment was throwing him out of character. He took a deep breath as he was feeling more and more at home atop Sky Point. The strong gust was conjured up and caused Kenji to wince. "That actually felt pretty good." he said to himself. He saw how calm the other boy was, he had been that way since he had got here. "Despite our differing views on courtesy, it seems we have one thing in common. We both enjoy being in the company of nature." Kenji said as he still was looking in his direction. But he had noticed that he was indeed not a boy by the tone of his voice but closer to his age. A teenager.

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
"That may be so," Bokuden replied, "but it would be wise to be mindful of yourself."Judging by his appearance and equipment the boy was a Kumo shinobi, although by his behavior at the peak obviously not an experienced one. After getting himself all worked up before the boy was undoubtedly not far from feeling the effects of the extreme altitude. Bokuden recalled nearly passing out upon the mountain during his first trek to the peak. "Enthusiasm can be a good thing, but nature can be far less welcoming than the village," Bokuden said, now turning his head to face the boy. As he finished, a powerful gust of frigid air washed over the peak causing even Bokuden to grimace from the biting cold.

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
The stranger commented on the fact that Kenji had let his guard down, which even the blue-haired ninja understood was unacceptable. The teenager also implied that Kenji wasn't capable of being up here for an extended period of time. This fellow kumo ninja was obviously unaware of the clan he hailed from. Kenji was already starting to feel his lungs expand as his thin chakra began to synchronize with the environment his body was innately familiar with. His clan's ancestors lived in conditions such as these and much worst for centuries, and from that point on they passed this characteristic down to offspring after offspring never to lose its ability. Even though this immunity to high altitude hasn't been tested in decades, Kenji could increasingly tell it was indeed true. He inhaled deeply, letting the cold thin atmosphere swirl around in his nasal passages. He looked at the teenager with a smirk,"Enthusiastic maybe, but not without reason." Kenji was no longer trembling, no longer had any look of discomfort. He now had the same demeanor as the stranger. Kenji looked to the sky and smiled and said softly yet loud enough for the now cordial stranger who had finally acknowledged him could hear, "This is where I belong."

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Bokuden raised his eyebrow and gave an apathetic look, uninspired by the shinobi's apparent moment of self-discovery. "If you say so kid," he said skeptically, "but don't blame me if you hurt yourself." Still, the boy's quick acclimation to the conditions on Sky Point were unusual to say the least. That was not just a shinobi being resilient, it had to be a special ability of some kind. Bokuden knew it was in his best interest to tread cautiously until he could discern the boy's level of skill. He had already surprised Bokuden once with his resilience, it wouldn't happen again.

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
(OOC~ posting from phone so it might be a tad sloppy and color code) Kenji began to look embarrassed as he allowed himself to be overcome with emotion. Sure it was true that he didnt have agood relationship with his clan, and a clan was supposed to be one, a family. Yet ever since he could remember it felt like anything but. Yet today, being here, being at Sky Point, was the closest to his clan he has ever felt. He could feel the chakra of his ancestors flowing through him. Kenji knew hisclan wasnt always judgmental; he was well versed in his clan's history. So what happened? At any rate, that was his business not this stranger's. As his body regulated to a very comfortable temperature, he decided to remove one of his layers then stuffed it in his backpack. For the first time Kenji took a few seconds to closely examine thereserved yet clearly confident teenager. He could tell this guy figured himself perceptive. Kenji wasnt one to make a situation more awkward or strained than it had to be. But it was something about this guy that was standoffish. Kenji closed his eyes and flashed a smile whie he scratched his spiky blue hair, "It seems like I just had a moment huh? I just really like nature, thats all." Kenji knew engaging in friendly conversation was risky being that everything about this guy said, "Fuck off" and, "You're a waste of time." But he had been misunderstood by most people ,so he was willing to at least give this aloof character the benefit of the doubt. "By the way, the name's Kenji. I'm a Kunogakure genin." Kenji decided to leave out the fact that he just graduated, since he was a little old to just graduating. Even though he graduated in a mere 6 months. This was due to the fact that being a ninja is frowned upon in his clan.

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
(OOC: Don't worry, it's cool)

"Bokuden,"he replied bluntly,"my name is Bokuden. I am a genin as well." Bokuden, ever the skeptic, continued to observe Kenji closely. What was most disconcerting about this boy who claimed to be a Kumo genin was not his unusual resistance to the conditions of Sky Point, but the fact that Bokuden had never seen him before. With the political clout the Ryuzoji clan possessed and Bokuden being the heir to the clan, he knew anyone who was anyone in Kumogakure. Kenji did not hail from one of the elite ninja clans of the village. However, Bokuden had roamed the village his whole life.
It was exceedingly uncommon for him to be unfamiliar with at least the face of a Kumo shinobi, especially one of his age. Not even Kenji's electrical signals were familiar to Bokden, which was far more problematic. The Ryuzoji clan shinobi are talented sensors and are trained to read the electrical currents of those that they encounter, so his body's electrical signature should at least be reminiscent of one of his clansmen. Cycling through the possible matches in his head yielded no results. Either Kenji's shinobi clan was so small that he had never encountered one of them before now or he was lying. Bokuden intended to find out which it was. Bokuden stood up, faced Kenji, and inquired, "So then, since the introductions have been taken care of, why don't you tell me where you are really from, since I've never seen you within the city's gates?" Bokuden glared harshly at Kenji and took a drawing stance, placing his hand on his katana's tsuka.

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
(OOC~ u dont know how sorry i am. lol. My phone just isnt made 4 saga, last post2nite cya) The cloud shinobi responded with just his name and rank. His name was Bokuden and he was also a genin. Bokuden had a worried look on his face. This was the first sign of emotion Kenji had seen from the guy since their encounter. Kenji's face became sterner as the strange enough shinobi approached with his hand on his katana ready to draw. When Kenji saw this his face went from stern back to smiling. Kenji had his sword on his hip as well; it wasnt its usual placement. It was obvious that Bokuden's worry stemmed from a lack of knowledge of Kenji and hs clan, which was to be expected. The defensive shinobi expressed his skepticism. Kenji then informed Bokuden on a little Chikara history. "I dont dont this often but... I'm from the Chikara clan. You are most likely not familiar with me becase I just graduated from the academy, and before then I lived in the ric paddy fields with my family. And the reason I just graduated is because until just recently my clan has forbidden any members from willingly participating in shinobi affairs." Kenji smiled as this was not even a brief on his origins, but it would have to suffice for now. Theres was no way Kenji would divulge anymore precious information. If this interrogator wanted more he was going to have to prove it.

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Still wary of Kenji, but satisfied with his answer for now, Bokuden returned to a normal standing position and released his grip on his sword. "Chikara clan? I see," Bokuden said with his eyes closed as he bowed his head to Kenji, My apologies. It was wrong of me to jump to conclusions." Bokuden then raised his head and looked at Kenji, who still had a smile on his face, intently. "However, if you intend to have a lengthy stay in the world of the living as a shinobi, I advise you to take threats to your life more seriously," Bokuden said sternly, "You have a weapon at your side, but you did not so much as even reach for it. At this distance, by the time you reached for and drew your blade I would have already completed my strike."

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Bokuden bowed slightly in apology for his idle threats. He would then go on to mention hw he couldve killed Kenji seeing as Kenji didnt even reach for his sword. Kenji chuckled at the thought of himself being mutilated. It still shocked him how little was known about his clan from outsiders. All Kenji could dowas smle , "Do not let your eyes deceive you, the mind is sharper than the blade." Kenji was an enigmatic person, he was very philosophically, but it's the same philosophy that usually leads him to act imprudently at times. "I admire your zeal to confront any possible  threat to you and our village." The blue-haired shinobi swung off his backpack, and out of it hr grabbed   two heftygranoa bars and began to devour one of them. The hike ad really worked up Kenji's appetite. He offered the other one to the cautious shinobi standing across from him. The gronola barhad a vanilla coat, and inside laid grains of rice and oatmeal held together by a strawberry nougat.

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
"This is where I belong," "Do not let your eyes deceive you," "The mind is sharper than the blade," Bokuden was beginning to wonder if this Kenji just sat in front of a mirror at home and practiced reciting cliches. The boy then reached into his backpack and pulled out two granola bars. He immediately began eating one of them and seemingly offered the second to Bokuden. Kenji seemed to be confident in his abilities, too confident as it appeared he was not taking Bokuden's advice seriously. He had piqued Bokuden's interest and since he seemed capable of moving about freely on the mountain Bokuden decided that it was time for Kenji to back up his confidence as a shinobi of Kumogakure. Bokuden stepped towards Kenji who had his hand out as he was offering the granola bar and said with a grin bearing his pronounced canines, "Alright, Kenji. Let's see just how sharp your mind is then." Bokuden swiftly drew his blade and cut through the granola bar being offered to him. He then presented the large chunk of the bar that had been severed, balancing it upon the end of his blade.

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji knew this Guy wouldn't accept the granola bar bokuden then approached Kenji. Kenji closed his eyes for a second as he knew what was coming next; he tightened his grip on the granola bar. "Alright Kenji, lets see just how sharp your mind is then." This Bokuden character had unleashed a quick swipe that cut the granola bar by two thirds, he then balanced the piece on his blade. Once the skilled shinobi balanced the granola bar, Kenji instantly flung the piece of granola he still had with his fingertips at Bokuden's face and simultaneously drew his sword from his left hip with his left hand. Then, all in one fluent motion Kenji delivered a quick calculated slash to Bokuden's lower body. Kenji was in a slightly crouched position, and he guaged the distance and velocity of his slash so it would only do superficial damage. Kenji was now on the balls of his feet. Still not ta king their encounter.serious, he smirked then leaped away creating distance between him and his new opponent.

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
In response to Bokuden's challenge Kenji threw the remaining piece of the granola bar at Bokuden's face to act as a diversion for a low slash. "Such a simple tactic," Bokuden thought to himself and pulled up his scabbard off of his waist to parry the strike. After his slash was redirected, Kenji leaped back to create distance between the two. "You weren't attacking to kill me," Bokuden remarked while re-sheathing his katana, "You'll never touch me if you hold back so much."

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji switched his sword to his dominant hand. "After wasting my granola, I'll do more than touch you." Kenji exclaimed. Despite being the fierce competitor he was, this was exactly what he didn't want. A battle among the clouds after an arduous hike. Kenji began to spin his sword while he ruffled his blue hair. He brought his sword to a halt then charged Bokuden with chunin level speed. He could tell by the look on Bokuden's face that he didn't expect him to be so fast. Kenji closed the distance in a hurry, and at about 5 meters away he launched himself in the air and compla summersault. After completing the maneuver he.while still airborne, used the momentum to deliver powerful blow that rained straight down and towards his opponent. The guy seemed to be relatively skilled, but let's see how he fairs under a little pressure.

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
After making another proclamation, Kenji quickly lunged toward Bokuden. Bokuden's eyes widened, surprised by the boy's speed. "He's fast," Bokuden thought to himself. Bokuden then activated his Current Perception: Close Combat Range in order to read Kenji's electrical synapses. Kenji proceeded to summersault through the air, using the wild movements to hide his next strike, but his strategies couldn't hide his intentions from Bokuden who predicted his downward strike. Bokuden side-stepped the attack and lightly tapped Kenji on the back of the head with the end of his still sheathed sword, just to remind him that he missed. "You were true to your word after all. You didn't just touch me, you moved me," Bokuden said sarcastically. Still, Kenji's movements were not those of a normal academy graduate. If it were not for his sensory abilities he would likely have needed to draw his sword to counter. However, there were consequences to performing such complex movements at this altitude, especially if one did not have adequate time to rest from the climb.

Spoiler:

Chakra 145/150

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji laughed at Bokuden's comment. Kenji knew he could afford only a few more explosive movements such as the previous before succumbing to fatigue. Kenji was not just fast on his feet, he quickly proceeded to grab the harmless sword due to it being sheathed that had tapped him him on the back of his head. He pulled Bokuden and used his opponent's katana to propel him up and over Bokuden, and once behind him, Kenji decided to return the favor, but he didn't tap him with his sword, instead he he gave the fellow genin a side kick right to his back that sent him to the ground. "You should be thanking me, because a tap from me is viable to have killed you."

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Kenji stood over Bokuden patting himself on the back after feeling he had achieved some measure of victory. However, that feeling faded as quickly as it came after he saw a puff of smoke appear around Bokuden. It wasn't Bokuden at all, it was Kenji's backpack. Bokuden had used the substitution jutsu during the brief moment when Kenji's face was pointed towards the ground after he missed with his attack. Bokuden did not want to leave him in suspense as to his whereabouts so he hit him in the back of the neck with a snowball. Standing about 15 feet behind Kenji and grinning with another snowball in hand Bokuden said, "You're really one for the melodrama, huh?"

Spoiler:

chakra 135/150

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji was beginning to get annoyed but he didn't show, on the surface was a wry smile. Kenji sustained his composure after being hit with a snowball.Kenji had concocted a plan, he hoped it would work as his aerial maneuvers were beginning to take their toll. Kenji performed the doppleganger jutsu creating four replicas of himself, something he picked up from the academy. He knew Bokuden would these clones could do him no harm, Kenji planned to use them to solely to obstruct his vision. As allfour clones. rushed Bokuden, Kenji threw his sword so that it spun horizontal and parallel to the icy ground. Kenji would then charge as well in order to add yet another làyer the attack. If bokuden jumped he'd meet him in the air for a final clash. If he didn't he'd have to deflect his sword and while he busy dismissing his sword he'd follow up behind it with a taijutsu strike, which was his weakest skill. Despite all this there was ßtill one more thing Kenji. had set up. He's clearly getting desperate, and one of his three ploys would hav if not to work if not he was going to be in a lot of trouble.

Chakra: 130/150
(OOC- I'm unable to spoiler from my phone, I only used one jutsu doppleganger. I sub 20 from chakracouz I don't remember howmuch chakra it cost do I'm just playing it safe.)
e to wor

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
(OOC- Pretty sure all E rank jutsu cost 5 chakra. Then it can be maintained for a longer duration at -5 ever 2 posts)

"A bunshin jutsu? Another diversion," Bokuden thought to himself as he threw the snowball in his hand at the real Kenji. He didn't even need to sense him, only the real Kenji would have left footprints in the snow, bunshin have no weight. "It looks like he finally understands the predicament he is in, but it matters not, those clones don't posses an electrical signal. You can't hide from me." Bokuden used the doppleganger technique himself to create 5 copies of himself. In the puffs of smoke created by the appearance of the clones Bokuden swiftly moved out of sight and behind a crag just beside him. Bokuden would use the clones to mask his movements as well, all the while keeping track of Kenji's location and movements with his Current Perception. He left one clone in his original location where Kenji had thrown his sword, it would jump up into the air at the last minute to feign fear of being hit in hopes of drawing the real Kenji out of hiding (even though he already knew where he was) and force a premature attack. The others would constantly move swiftly in a zig-zag pattern, back and forth to confuse the assailant.

Spoiler:

Chakra: 125/150

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Bokuden would use the doppleganger as well. It seemed that neither his clones or his opponent's left any footprints. "Ok you almost have Kenji." Kenji thought to himself. The real one jumped up and out of the way of Kenji's sword, it landed about 10 meters from the, it was an impressive throw. Kenji would go up and clash with Bokuden. "This is it! Kenji proclaimed. It was time for plan C. What exactly is Kenji planning?

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
(OOC: Lol that reminds me of the old DBZ episodes where they would always leave you with a cliff hanger at the end of the episode.)

Through a crack in the formation Bokuden could see the whole battlefield as his dummy bunshin jumped up to avoid the thrown sword. "That's the real one," Bokuden noted as he saw Kenji charging towards the bunshin who had jumped midair, "He thinks he has me caught midair. Let's see what the kid can do, then." Bokuden then activated his Current Perception: Combat Range in order to expand the range of his sensory abilities and assumed a battle stance in preparation for whatever was to follow next.

Spoiler:

Chakra: 120/150

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
In midair Kenji collided with Bokude. The punch phased through the obvious clone. A smile came on Kenji's face as he suspected it was a clone. He stood still as a cool breeze caressed Kenji's face. He then proceeded to take a knee as he ate another granola bar that was still in the wrapper in his back pocket. He figured there was no point in searching around for the hidden shinobi he'd reveal his position soon enough. And he'd be ready when he did. The shinobi was smart and really skilled but Kenji had the speed advantage. Kenji continued to eat his snack while he played the waiting game and Kenji would have to wait even longer to put his plan in action.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.