Kimura Clan LVfjp6U 

Kekkei Genkai
Dragon's Breath (竜呼吸, Ryū kokyū)

Elements
Katon

Specialization
Dōjutsu | Ninjutsu

Clan History
Very little is known about the Kimura, even to this day. They are one of the many small clans that reside within Konohagakure, and their loyalty to the village is absolute and unwavering. The marriage of Rin Nii'gata and Anei Kimura cemented the merger of the two families to create the clan. Their son, Takao Kimura, was the second known member of the clan to possess their unnamed Kekkai Genkai, and would be the heir to the clan, if there was anything other than the name to inherit. The first known carrier of the Kekkei Genkai was Takao's father, Rin.
After Rin's discovery of his bloodline trait, the same abilities began to unlock in all other members of the clan. Rin proved to the catalyst to their formation, with his bloodline being the strongest and purest. Several other members of the clan have since discovered the ability themselves.

The Kimura family and the Nii'gata family were both well versed in the arts of stealth and deception, as well as the extensive use and knowledge of fire nature techniques. In addition to their aforementioned skills, the Kimura family also created and possessed a language for each other to speak to each other in. Rin possessed a very peculiar ability that only he could utilize, which has since been passed down to various members of the clan. Clansmen who inherit said ability are capable of channeling chakra through the lungs and mouths sans the usage of hand seals. Additionally, because of their unique method of moulding in addition to the very nature of their chakra, Kimura cannot be burned by flames produced by themselves or other clansmen.

Kekkei Genkai Description
Through extensive training and conditioning, the Kimura have adapted to their general ineptitude with utilizing Genjutsu and Suiton techniques. Because of this, they have become renowned masters of their element: fire. In addition to this, a Kimura's chakra is unique in that they cannot be burned by their own fire release techniques, whether their own or another clansmen's. Fire techniques from non-clan members will harm them normally, and this immunity only applies to fire release techniques.

• Members possess an immunity to the fire of their techniques; they cannot by burned by their own flames.
  • Members possess the ability to mold chakra through their lungs and mouths without using hand seals.
  • Fire techniques utilized by members are increased by one rank in terms of power and/or damage.*
    (*Techniques cannot be bumped above S Rank damage.)
  • Fire techniques utilized by members are decreased by one rank in terms of chakra cost.*
    (*Techniques cannot fall below costing 5 chakra.)

Drawbacks

• Members using Genjutsu (Illusion) techniques act as one rank lower in terms of power, and also as one rank higher in terms of chakra cost.
  • Members using Suiton (Water Release) techniques act as one rank lower in terms of power, and also as one rank higher in terms of chakra cost.
  • Members using Kugutsu (Puppet) techniques act as one rank lower in terms of power, and also as one rank higher in terms of chakra cost.
    (i.e a C Rank technique would have the power of a D rank, but cost the same as a B rank)
  • Members cannot start with either Genjutsu or Suiton as specializations or elements.
  • Learning either Genjutsu, Suiton, or Kugutsu requires +20% word counts to each rank.
  • Learning either Genjutsu, Suiton, or Kugutsu techniques require +25% word count.
  • Members are not immune to any concussive/explosive effects that their techniques might possess, only the burning aspect. Additionally, they have no special resistances against the fire techniques of non-clansmen.

Members

• Kimura, Takao
  • Kimura, Suutei
  • Kimura, Koonta

Kekkei Genkai Jutsu
Burning Eye:
Flame:
Incinerate:

Last edited by Takao on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:37 pm; edited 63 times in total

2Kimura Clan Empty Re: Kimura Clan Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:25 pm

Taede

Taede

D-rank
Needs redoing. A +1 to usage at all ninja ranks isn't balanced by a drawback that only applies to ninja of Sp.Jounin and higher. Also, not being able to use Genjutsu is not a drawback.

Suggestions that would fit with the Dragon theme?

3Kimura Clan Empty Re: Kimura Clan Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:22 am

Takao

Takao

S-rank
This has been updated to (hopefully) conform to new site standards. The changes made are listed below:

Bonus to fire techniques removed.
Immunity to burn damage by their own/other clansmember fire techniques added. (Fire techniques of non-clansmen will harm them normally.)
Drawbacks to using genjutsu/water techniques added. (+1 to chakra cost, -1 to power)
Burning Eye Dōjutsu added. (Essentially thermographic imagery)
Dragon's Breath: Flame changed to fit new site standards.
Dragon's Breath: Incinerate added.

Last edited by Takao on Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total

4Kimura Clan Empty Re: Kimura Clan Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:37 am

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Jutsu

Fire breath (B rank): Would like this to be slower, you have pretty damn high damage and its definitely hitting the upper end on radius, to also be hitting the upper end on speed i think is a little much, and bringing it down, i dont think will newter the technique too much. As it's mid-close range anyways.

rest is fine.

5Kimura Clan Empty Re: Kimura Clan Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:49 am

Takao

Takao

S-rank
The guide says the speed for B Ranks is 25-35m/s, so at 30m/s it's no more closer to hitting the upper end of the speed for its rank than it is the lower end. It should be considered average speed for a B Rank by those standards. Its also just below the max range for a D Rank technique, so I'm not sure what you mean by "upper end on radius" since it has no radius. As for damage, I changed it to major 2nd/minor 3rd degree burns. So, just to put it into rough numbers, it's 100% damage for 50% speed and -200% range. I feel like that should be fair.

Additionally, I added in a +1 to power/damage for fire techniques and -1 to cost, since I think -1/+1 to power/chakra cost for both genjutsu and suiton techniques was severe given that there weren't any similarly tiered benefits, just RP fluff.

Last edited by Takao on Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total

6Kimura Clan Empty Re: Kimura Clan Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:46 am

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Well reasoned. I'm open to discussion. Sorry this has taken so long btw. <3

Upper end on radius, meaning that it may be low on range, but what would be considered its destructive area of effect. aka destructive radius. Is getting pretty high. For B rank, a technique is able to have a 6-15m destructive radius, meaning that if the technique has an area of effect, or explodes etc, that is the allowed range of that effect, as a flame-thrower is a flame thrower and tends to be rather wide, you have a 20m range on your be rank technique, and i assume that it hits in a conical fashion. It would be getting close to the max of that area value. Which is fine. Might wanna specify that max width.

Also, i know this is silly, but I think you know why i'm saying this. can you please remove any specific heat from your techniques. It opens up WAY too many worms and room for abuse as well as your techniques being much weaker than they should be to those who would argue things like heat transference through certain materials etc. (because that's totally what i would do.) When we are dealing with chakra fueled fire that is capable of likely melting stone and steel in seconds. Which would imply much higher heats.

7Kimura Clan Empty Re: Kimura Clan Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:44 pm

Takao

Takao

S-rank
No problem!

At that point, I feel like asking for clarification on its destructive area rather than outright assuming it was on the upper end of it would've been better. I added in a description of its radius to be 10 meters at its widest point, since the low range AoE radius is 6 meters. I didn't have much else to base it off of so I just went with that.

Anybody that was going to use heat should probably know a thing or two about metallurgy beforehand. Steel doesn't melt in seconds unless its of very small quantity. It takes about 2 to 3 minutes of constant heat application to melt small quantities of steel (a bolt for example) at 2500F/1370C. The techniques last for about 2 turns, which would be anywhere from.. 5 to 12 seconds at most? But anyways, I removed the mentions of heat in their entirety.

8Kimura Clan Empty Re: Kimura Clan Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:24 am

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Yeah, i know the general jist, but, i mean, we work with magic here, as well as impact force and volume of fire going to be a factor in melting points, as heat is a wave, and waves are reinforced and made more dense by any surrounding heat bearing down on an object. But adding a number, would allow someone with say, a specific metal'd chest plate to say like 'well, with my X metal armour, a fire of Y heat would take Z long to melt through it scientifically... so your attack is meaningless unless i just sit in it for Z long." Which... has happened before...

Otherwise. This clan is actually looking fine to me now~

Kimura Clan 2ryk94o

9Kimura Clan Empty Re: Kimura Clan Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:32 am

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank

10Kimura Clan Empty Re: Kimura Clan Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:23 am

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Pulled for review, sorry <3

some things were pointed out to me.

This clan has almost no active drawbacks to some insane buffs, we also don't do +1's to power anymore.

11Kimura Clan Empty Re: Kimura Clan Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:48 pm

Hiashi Hibana

Hiashi Hibana

D-rank
So is this clan not going to be approved. It really does suit my needs in my character. The dojutsu is really unique from the other custom dojutsus I seem to find.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.