You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chuckle Night at Sky Bar [Kumo - D] Empty Chuckle Night at Sky Bar [Kumo - D] Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:33 am

Binsu

Binsu

D-rank

’So, all I have to do is make the audience laugh?’ thought Binsu, as he made his way towards the Sky bar. He had visited the place before, once and the people he had seen in there didn’t seem to have the best sense of humour. Binsu loved a challenge, but this one really was a challenge. He wasn’t the funniest guy on the block, but he tried his best to make people laugh. They eventually end up laughing, but not because his jokes were funny, but because he wasn’t. He never thought comedy could be so rewarding: maybe this was how comedians made a living. 70 ryo for one comedy gig sounded pretty good, though Binsu could never see himself making a living out of jokes.

He had just arrived at the Sky bar, when he saw outside a sign that read, ’Comedy Night: featuring Binsu the comedian!’. Great, they had made a poster for this as well? He also saw his picture down to the bottom left corner. He was smiling in the picture; after all you wouldn’t want to advertise a comedy show using a person looking sad. He now made his way inside the building and soon found himself starring at a large crowd of people all sitting in at their tables, all waiting for the comedy act of the night: his comedy act. Binsu was a little bit nervous, but thankfully this will all be over soon. He made his way towards the back stage area; there he was greeted by rather large figure of a man. ”Good day there lady, my name be Chuckles, you see. Ready to make them there people laugh their guts out?” he said. Binsu looked back at him and said, ”I’ll try get someone to laugh” before he made his way on the stage.

There it was: the microphone stand, looking shiner than ever. He looked towards his left and saw the room filled with a lot of random strangers. He then looked behind him: Chuckles had left. Maybe he had gone around the back to get a replacement comedian for Binsu, in case he got nervous. Binsu decided to put that thought behind his back and make his way towards the microphone. Within a few minutes, the show had begun. ”Um, how is…everyone tonight?” he asked the crowd, and as if all chanting the village chant they all replied, ”Great!”. ’So far so good’ thought Binsu. ”So uh, what did the farmer say when he lost his tractor? spoke Binsu, as he waited for the crowd’s response. After 2 or 3 seconds, the crowd all answered back, ”What?!” and then Binsu said, ”Where’s my tractor?” and a few of the people in the crowd laughed. Binsu had actually expected them to boo or not even say anything, but he was actually doing better than he thought. ”Ahh, what did Orochimaru say to Sasuke when he refused to give him his body?” he asked the crowd again, also giving them time to reply. ”What!?” they all called out at the same time. Binsu then replied, ”But, but, you complete me” and the crowd all burst into a roar of laughter. Binsu didn’t know he was actually this funny. They were jokes his dad used to tell him back when he was young, but had always remembered them when he remembered his dad.

Binsu was almost running out of jokes to tell. He couldn’t use one liner jokes anymore, he had to do at least one long joke. He decided to make up a funny story and say it had happened to him, just for shits and giggles. If this wouldn’t get the crowd dying with laughter, nothing would. It was his last chance to impress, and from where he was standing, he could see chuckles, sitting down at one of the seats at the bar table. He wasn’t laughing, and in his mission it said he had to make everyone laugh. This was his last and final joke, if Chuckles didn’t chuckle at this joke, he’d be going home a loser. He cleared his throat, before going on saying, ”Ok, this other day guys, I went out to the wild. I’m serious, that arena was wild”. Everyone burst into another roar of laughter, everyone but one: Chuckles. He was smiling, but not laughing, though it was a start. ”You know how wild it was? Ok, I went there to see a fight, and I did. I saw myself get beat up by 2 massive bullies, and when I say massive, I mean they had a massive reputation of beating up suckers like me, but I didn’t hear the rumor.” spoke Binsu, and again the crowd burst into laughter. Binsu took a glance towards Chuckles. He had just spotted him fast enough to catch him chuckling, but Binsu wasn’t satisfied yet. He wanted the guy to cry with laughter. He wanted tears to come out and his stomach aching, he wanted the guy to laugh hysterically, so he tried another line. ”Boy I wasn’t completely embarrassed then, no. I went home crying not because of the beating, no. I went home that day heartbroken, because the two massive bullies that had beat the living daylights out of me, were girls” he said, and at that moment he saw Chuckles rolling down on the floor laughing harder than ever. He was pounding his fist down at the floor and tears were dripping down from his eyes: Binsu was finally satisfied. ”Alright folks, that’s enough of me. I’ll now direct your attention back to Chuckles” he said, before getting off the stage and heading towards the back of the stage. He then proceeded on to go outside, before heading towards the kage’s office to claim his reward.

{Wordcount: 967/600}

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.