You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ting

Ting

D-rank

Glad Tidings [B-Rank Mission w/ Kennosuke] SFyXgd1

Mission Details:

Each year, as fall begins to grow cooler and the world prepares to be brushed by the frigid touch of winter, the people of Konoha would spread cheer and good fortune to those who meant a great deal to them. In her quarters, tucked away within the Kimura compound a young woman with soft, cyan colored hair would find herself wrapping up a slim white box. Within that box, a highly customized set of protective gear with assorted pockets and pouches was neatly arranged. It was a very specific set of armor the Kunoichi had spent the last few weeks commissioning from local craftsman. It was useful that she had made such a name for herself within the compound itself - that alone made gathering the necessary measurements and details for Kennosuke’s gift so much easier. She wouldn’t have ever known her opponent was a Kimura based upon the exhibition they had faced each other in, but events taking place after would have revealed it pretty quickly.

The wrapping of the box was very pristine. Ting was something of a perfectionist when it came to little hings like this, despite not being a very artistic person. Red wrapping paper with one thick green stripe running down each side from center, upon which a reflective green bow sat. The only thing she needed to do now, just as the morning sun clipped up over the horizon, was get dressed. Ting typically was not made cold so easily, so it was interesting to say the least when she slipped on a long sleeved-fleece sweater. The pattern on the cozy looking white top was darker blue snowflakes which made a pattern across the entirety of its fabric. Her light blue jeans did well not to throw off the look as she slipped into a white pair of boots and walked outside into the crisp late fall air. She would look all around as she entered into the clearing behind the complex, realizing the one vital piece of information she had missed on her quest. She had gathered everything she needed to know about Kimura, Kennosuke except for where he lived.

The compound was not a small place. While it was not the largest of the clan compounds within the Hidden Leaf, it was certainly not a place one would just be able to search from top to bottom in a healthy amount of time. She would stand at the center of the Kimura training grounds and think hard for a moment before cracking her knuckles and flowing chakra in a great concentration right into her fist. She held the box in her left hand as she slammed her fist down into the ground with her right, shattering and breaking apart the earth with a thunderous boom. It would have surely shaken the compound and stirred anyone within. The blue haired woman, assured of herself in doing so due to her excitement to give her hard sought after gift to someone she would have liked to call a friend.

Word Count

Kennosuke

Kennosuke

D-rank
ennosuke lay on his back atop one of the slightly slanted roofs of a building inside the Kimura compound. His head rested on his quiver of arrows and his bow lay in its folded form next to him, and his foot was crossed over his knee. Despite the brisk chill in the air that most people felt, he still wore his normal tunic with the sleeves rolled up. One of the benefits of not feeling anything, the cold didn’t bother him at all. Of course, that caused its own problems eventually but he had learned to wear the proper clothing when it was cold enough. Jin, his new friend was perched near, preening its feathers idly. The pair was merely relaxing and enjoying the quiet the brisk day afforded them.

His mind drifted back toward his recent exhibition with Ting, the cyan haired girl that had been staying here in the compound. He could of fought better, but he was still caught up with dealing with knowing there is was a Kimura traitor and the death of his friend. Now that his mind was back in the right place, the fight between the two of them would assuredly go different. He may not win, but she would know more than just a cut on the leg. But that was neither here nor there. She was a good Shinobi, and one that he would like to call friend. He touches the intricate tiger head medallion he had gotten for her that rested in his pocket. Part thank you for the fight and part apology for not being at his best during it. He would eventually find her and give it to her, but for now he was enjoying the rest.

He yawns and blinks his heavy eyelids. With such a lazy, relaxing day, a nap was sure to come soon. With a smile playing across his lips he allows his heavy eye lids to close and drifts into a nice nap. He wasn’t asleep more than a few minutes when a thunderous boom startled him awake. Even as the low rumble of the tremor passes through the building, Kennosuke was already moving. Whatever that noise was it came from inside the compound and it didn’t sound good. He rolls to his feet, throwing his quiver over his shoulder and snatching his bow up. Jin leapt into the air with a shrill screech as Kennosuke moves across the roofs toward the now rising cloud of dust, that seemed to come from the training ground. As he moved, he hit the button that extended his bow and nocked an arrow. Standing atop a roof that over looked the training ground, He scanned the area for the cause of the disturbance.

He chuckles when he sees Ting. Of course she was the cause of this. She wore a nice sweater and jeans, a stark contrast to what he was wearing and held a neatly wrapped present under her arm. He un-nocks the arrow, returning it to the quiver and releases the button that folds his bow back down, then returns it to its holster on his back. Sliding down the slanted roof, he lazily waves at Ting and once at the bottom of the roof he hops down into the training yard and walks toward Ting.

“Hey Ting, whats the noise about? I was tryin to nap.” He says, offering her a smile. Jin lands on one of the training posts nearby and studies Ting for a moment for completely disregarding up and going back to preening it’s feathers.

WC: 600

Ting

Ting

D-rank

As if a dog drawn by the dinner bell, Kennosuke would appear atop the roof of the Kimura compound, looking down upon Ting with a bow drawn and an arrow nocked. Her commotion had achieved its goal, but brought with it the consequence of a few others looking out from within their abodes to view the source. She would have some explaining to do to her landlord if it happened that anyone filed a grievance against the blue haired kunoichi. With a quiet prayer into the nothing, she would look up to meet her dark haired acquaintance with a gentle smile from afar. He would make a rather aesthetic, heroic sort of entrance as he slid down the sloped rooftop and landed upon the ground with a thud. He was accompanied by a large, majestic bird this time around. By the look of it, it was definitely an eagle of some sort. It seemed to pay no real mind to Ting as it preened itself aggressively.

Ahoy there, Kennosuke! Something told me if there was one way to get you to show up, it would be with a commotion. The young lady would chuckle to herself as she looked at him and then down to the box under her arm. Even with the dirt on her fist and the large plume of dust created by the strike she had just performed, the gift was left in a pristine condition. The red and green wrapping paper begged to be torn but one almost didn’t want to see the delicate work undone.

This is for you, I figured if I can’t make you mind your wounds - I can at least make sure they’re taken care of in a very basic way. Go ahead, open it up.” She would hand over the package, her hazel eyes moving from Kennosuke to the large bird over near the training posts. She wondered for a moment if perhaps it would have been a good idea for her to procure a companion such as that. It was certainly never a bad idea to have a loyal, trained ally at your back on the field of battle. Even with a relatively good idea of the answer, Ting would still ask the young Kimura man about his new pet.

What’s the story of that big, feathery guy over there? I don’t believe he was present when we last met. What’s his name?” Ting would ask as she watched patiently for Kennosuke to unwrap and analyze her gift. She would wait the right moment to interject the details of the fabric and what it would do for him in practice.

It tightens itself around wounds. Though most things shouldn’t make it through, should they happen to, this fabric tightens up around injuries in order to staunch bleeding. You won’t have to worry yourself with the possibility of passing out quickly due to blood loss, but do still keep an eye on yourself.

Word Count

500 | 1007

Kennosuke

Kennosuke

D-rank
Chuckling, Kennosuke nodded his head. She was right, if there was a fight to be had, espcially in the Hidden Leaf, he would be there with bells on. He would follow her eyes down to the box that even through the massive punch to the ground, remained in pristine condition. It was immaculately wrapped in red and green paper. She had spent some time on it, though he did wonder whom it was for. His question was soon answered when she offered it to him and told him to open it. He was hesitant at first. The last person he had received an actual gift was his father and that was when he was still a child before his father was killed. He would take it though and look down at it, still unsure rather he should open it or not.

“You didn’t have to get me anything Ting. I mean uh..” Jin, as if he knew Ting was talking about him looks up from preening his feathers and squawks somewhat angrily at her. Kennosuke casts an annoyed look at his feathered companion, who meets his gaze and then disinterestedly goes back to preening it’s feathers. “His name is Jin. I found him awhile back and he had lost a fight with something bigger. I helped him get better and now he just kind of comes and goes as he pleases. Though lately he has been staying around. Well, I guess there’s no need to be rude.” He dropped into a crouch and laid the box down on the ground. He rips open the nice wrapping paper and then the lid of the box. She had began to explain how it worked as he pulls out the dark green body armor from the box. His eyes widened at the sight of it and a grin plastered across his face. He raised to his feet and began buckling the armor onto his torso. The happiness was very plain across face. She had gone above and beyond in getting this made. It fit him perfectly and even accommodated his quiver and bow on his back. He had spent so much time admiring the craftsmanship of the armor and he almost forgot to thank her.

“Ting, this is awesome. How did you get it to fit so perfectly without asking me?” He grins and narrowed his eyes playfully. “You been sneaking into my room at night or something?” Chuckling at his own joke he smiles a very genuine smile at her. “Seriously, thank you. This is perfect.” He touches his pocket where he had stored her gift, though compared to her’s it was but a small trinket. He pulls the black tiger head from his pocket by its delicate seeming chain. The tiger was crafted of a black metal which had white stripes and was imbued with Futon Chakra. “I uh, got you something too. A thank you for looking out for me during our fight.” He offers her the tiger pendant and rubs the back of his neck with his other hand. “Sorry I didn’t wrap it or anything. I wasn’t expecting you to give me anything at all.” Though he couldn’t feel it, his cheeks reddened slightly. He was embarrased that she had spent so much time and effort on his gift while he just went to the market and bought something that looked pretty.

WC: 571
Total: 1171

Ting

Ting

D-rank

The reaction that seemed to come from Kennosuke was both amusing and relatable to Ting, who had grown up without much in terms of gifts from her own parents. The kunoichi’s attention toward the dark haired shinobi’s confused and embarrassed banter was drawn away only by the agitated squawking which erupted from the raptor off to the side. It was a bit of a jumpscare for Ting who had not spent much time around large birds of prey such as him. The so-called Jin would return to business as usual after his master had told the story of his procurement. Ting could hardly imagine that fearsome looking creature losing to another bird, she wondered quietly what could have brought it to the helpless state Kennosuke had discovered it in. Not long after this, the opening of the gift would begin!

Ting looked on with joy as Kennosuke tore into the carefully wrapped box. Such was the end of all beautiful things. A grin spread across his face almost instantly as he pulled the top off and saw what was within. He wasted no time at all, equipping his new armor. The green suited him well, a guardian of the Hidden Leaf village deserved to be equipped in the finest gear the village had to offer. As she analyzed the fit and confirmed that it was in fact perfectly tailored she would give Kennosuke a wink, accompanied by a vibrant grin with a sparkle and a thumbs up gesture.

“Now I won’t have to worry about you walking around on the battlefield half dead and unaware!” She would say this as an accompaniment to her gesture “good guy” gesture, joking with her comrade about the spar they had undertook previously in which she had damaged him quite badly before he finally decided to call it after her repeated request in favor of his health.

“Now that I’m stepping away from the medical profession, I wouldn’t be able to help you as much outside of basic field medicine.” She would follow up with, less enthusiastic and sounding a bit lost in thought. She had made a very difficult decision recently. To let go of Iryōninjutsu and focus her training toward standard elemental Ninjutsu. There were deep personal reasons which strained her mind and pushed her toward this choice, but now was not the time to allow them to weigh down her mood as she accepted the trinket the Kimura clansman offered her. She hadn’t expected anything in return for what she had brought him, so it was a pleasant surprise that she would thank him for sincerely. The ornate looking black tiger bore upon it white stripes and seemed to give off a strong aura as she held it in her hand. She would put it around her neck and allow it to lay softly upon her chest.

Word Count

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.