You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sand and Sake (Private) Empty Sand and Sake (Private) Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:54 pm

Kashiki

Kashiki

D-rank
The festivities for the chunin exams were in full swing. Music filled the streets of Konoha, but not nearly as much as people did. The streets were flooded with both shinobi and civilians from every village and then some. Children laughed and ran carrying sparklers or eating some kind of street food. People swarmed around the arenas watching exhibition matches, some placed bets on who would win while others were just there to see a good show. Kashiki was one of the people in the second group, just hoping to see a cool match up and an even better show.

The combatants stepped towards the middle of the arena. One of the combatants was a lithe looking young man, he had a large pouch to one hip and a short sword strapped to the other hip. The other was a bigger man, maybe an Akimichi. He had bushy mutton chops and shaggy hair, and his nose was bulbous. The two bowed to each other before the proctor begun the match and leapt to the side of the arena.

The large Akimichi man started first, focusing for a moment before his body shifted, becoming thin and athletic. Wing like patterns of chakra appeared behind him and his fists were coated in yellow chakra. The Akimichi clansman dashed at the other fighter, throwing a punch directly at him. The skinny man ducted under it and brought his elbow up into the Akimichi clansman's stomach. The clansman coughed up blood and the skinny man dodged away, throwing senbon at the clansman. The Akimichi clansman batted the senbon away and dashed again, this time he landed the punch and the skinny man when sailing backwards into the arena and slumped to the ground unconscious.

Kashiki left to seating area of the arena, he was getting a little peckish and a little thirsty. He looked around but most of the street food vendors had huge lines, even most of the restaurants and bars were packed to overflowing. eventually after a bit of searching Kashiki found a izakaya bar that wasn't entirely full. He went inside and found an open booth. A server came over with a glass of water and asked if he would like to order, Kashiki declined asking for a bit more time to decide. He looked over the menu and when the waitress came back over he ordered an order of Yakitori, skewered chicken cooked over charcoal. The server took his menu and walked away to take his order to the kitchen. Kashiki sipped from his water and looked around the room, trying to find something or someone interesting.

WC: 437

2Sand and Sake (Private) Empty Re: Sand and Sake (Private) Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:07 am

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
Always late it seemed these days, Nova would ponder her timeliness for not the first time in the last few days. Word of the exams must have been spread far and wide from the look of the crowds, but that message had not traveled far enough to grace her ears until it was far too late. No preparations for things like the exams when the fate of the fallen village hung from her shoulders. Regardless, the one nin she brought from her homeland was one that nova had great faith in. Alongside the friendship he offered, his skills were impressive and of a variety she had only heard of before seeing his in action. Their tardy arrival had come after the bulk of people here, cutting the registration so short that it was a miracle the proctor allowed Rhys to enter at all. The battles had come quickly after that, the number of genin here felt far greater than the numbers she had gone against all those years ago. How silly it seemed now, that she competed in these exams while perhaps she should have been making any attempt to give aid to her failing village. The last exams seemed to punctuate Sunagakure's time as a village, and these would end the times with which this world were without it.

Again her tardiness would come into play, as the battles had started Nova figure she attend all that she could. If nothing else being able to see the genin at work might give her insight into who might have value in working with. As it always were though, it seemed she needed to be there 20 minutes ago for seating and still she were hobbling her way through the overflowing Konoha streets. Never in her times travelling had she made it far enough to see the land of Fire nor the villages within its borders. Konoha of course was another major village, and though she had never seen it she had heard many a tale of bother the village itself and of nin who originated there. Never did she think he would walk its streets, much less be here to further her goals.

To all, Suna was wiped from existance. Refugee's and chaos all that were left from the crushed home nothing but nuisances that were forgotten about in time as so many things were. Here she stood though, in the throngs of people from all villages like a jewel among the blades of grass with her  lavender hair and Sunagakure headband displayed proudly on her wooden leg and its symbol embroidered carefully in the silk of the open kimono she had made for the occasion. Glinting golden threads wound their way through the delicate silk of a charcoal grey robes to show the symbol across the back, along with a thin and expertly sewn ring around the drooping sleeves that left the lower third of her arms exposed to the air. Beneath that open robe, she wore a simple pale gray dress that was snug against her bust but flecked with gold along its lower hem. Golds and greys would be the colors to represent the village hidden in the sand.

With the arena in sight now, though her perception were obscured by the music and festivities that surrounded her, she could tell that the battle had in fact begun. No newcomer to the peculiarities of battles such as these, she knew that once it had started, it might not even be worth making the effort to push closer through the crowd as the battle could just as well be over before she made it up there. Stopping in her tracks, she took a moment to contemplate her surroundings. So much life congregated here, making her only wish more that she were able to make her own village a place such as this. A destination, and a hub of life rather than the patchwork slums of people who were barely able to make it on their own. Just at her heart began to grow heavy at the thoughts of her not yet resuscitated homeland, the shrill screech of a whistle would mark what Nova could assume was the end of the battle. As she had thought, not even a chance to see it. But a lack of fights watched now could easily be made up later, especially with the multitude of participants. Unfortunately, this was the last battle of the evening, so even if she had wanted to wade through the crowds for it there would be no point until the following morning.

Regardless of her plans, the sun was setting and the excitement from the past twenty  four hours had her weary and wanting of a drink and a warm meal. Shifting her weight from one leg to her other with the wooden lower half, she realize perhaps it were not only food and drink she wanted but a place to sit for a while as well. How weak and easily exhausted I am to compare myself to the other shinobi who deem themselves worthy of representing their village as a leader.. When thoughts like this started to seep in, was when she knew she needed to find an activity to occupy her mind. Fortunatly here, unlike the rather secluded parts of the land of wind that she had been roaming for some time, there was a bounty of activities to entertain her senses.

Though she would have to work through the plethora of options, they were limited only by the fact that most placed were crowded to the point of overflowing and it was unlikely she would be able to find a spot within. Slow strides took her nearly to the end of the main street that she had found herself on, and finally to a bustling, but not yet overflowing bar along the side. It was a modest establishment, though the lighted sign above signalled that it not only had food but drink as well. Striding in, the heel of her wooden leg clacked against an equally hardwood floor, though it could barely be heard over the bumping music and the rumble of dozens of conversations all happening at once. Groups and parties dominated the room, though a few solo drinkers sat at the bar nursing their beverages. Perhaps she hadn't found a place to sit here either. Stomach grumbling, Nova figured she would at least do a walk through the restaurant to see if there was a table she could steal a seat at amongst the crowds.

Through the tight hall she would walk with her distinctive limp and thunk every time her prosthetic leg tapped the ground, peering on a sniffing in the variety of dishes the place seemed to serve. It seemed almost every booth were full, some almost too full with an extra person half in the isle itself to try to fit as many as they could at one table. Table like table were like this.... until nearly in the back corner of the restaurant under a dim lamp and near a fogged up window she saw what she thought was an empty seat. Not even looking any further she would take a few more quick steps and slide into the leather covered booth seat with a slight squeak as she lowered herself onto it. Scooting further in a smoothing her dress over her legs she would look up to the table in surprise as she found a face across from hers. A male face, young and framed by a poorly maintained mess of hair. Brown eyes looked back into her emerald ones, likely just as confused by the seemingly intentional and purposeful sliding into the booth that she had just done. She was about to apologize for intruding, but before the words could come out of her mouth a waitress would arrive and set a steaming plate of chicken skewers before him and turn to Nova, “And what for you ma'am?” Flashing an apologetic look to the boy she had seated herself with she would look blankly at the waitress for a second before looking back to the boy, “Er... well.. is it alright if I sit with ya?” Should he allow her to share the table, she would order a plate of Takoyaki and an order of tempura shrimp, and a bottle of beer, and thank the waitress with a smile. Trying to break the awkward silence that would follow the waitress leaving the table, Nova would speak in a cheery voice, “So what village are you here from?”

1434 WC

3Sand and Sake (Private) Empty Re: Sand and Sake (Private) Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:07 pm

Kashiki

Kashiki

D-rank
Kashiki sat at the booth, his gaze was washed over the people sitting in the izakaya bar. Almost all of them were just civilians, tourists here to watch the chunin exams or konoha residents grabbing a bite to eat after taking in the festivities. Kashiki sat in his booth, waiting for the food he ordered. Kashiki took a sip from his glass of water as a strange noise filled the air of the bar.

Thunk.. Thunk.. Thunk..

The noise was loud enough that even Kashiki's dull senses could pick it up, but not too loud as to drown out the conversations or annoy the other people at the bar. A flash of colors and sudden movement to Kashiki's side drew his attention, and he turned to look only to see the source of this noise. The source of the noise was a person, a woman to be exact. He wasn't much older then Kashiki was, and he was wearing charcoal grey robes over a pale grey dress which was quite plain aside from the gold around its hem. The woman herself was quite beautiful, bright emerald eyes looked at the booth as she stepped towards it, her naturally wavy hair rested on her shoulders. The most curious thing about her was her left leg, part of it seemed to have been replaced by a carved one made of mahogany wood carved to appear jut like a normal leg, the most interesting part to Kashiki however, was the symbol that adorned the knee of the leg, the symbol of Sunagakure. The woman stepped quickly down the isle of booths and tables, slipping in the booth he was sitting in.

Kashiki blushed, a nervous expression painted on his face as the woman sat down in the both with him. She looked at him, probably just as surprised to see someone in the booth she had sat down in as Kashiki was that she had sat down in the booth. Kashiki was about to introduce himself when he was interrupted by the server coming back with his order of skewered chicken. The server turned to the woman who stared blankly back before turning to Kashiki to ask if it was ok if she sat with him.

"Uhhh.... yeah sure" Kashiki answered sheepishly, not really use to these kinda of interactions. (Both social and with girls)

The server turned back to the woman and asked what she would be having, to which the woman replied by ordering a plate of takoyaki and an order of tempura shrimp as well as a bottle of beer, then she thanked the server and turned to Kashiki. The woman asked Kashiki what village he was from.

"I'm from Konoha... You're from Sunagakure right? Your wooden leg has the sunagakure symbol on it." He answered before firing back his own question about the woman's origin. Kashiki had been told stories about the Village Hidden in the Sands and the Land of Wind when he was younger, they were his family's homeland. "D-do you think you could take me there? I've always wanted to see it." He asked the woman before taking a bite of his chicken.

WC: +527, 964

4Sand and Sake (Private) Empty Re: Sand and Sake (Private) Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:11 am

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
Across the table, the boy would look with an odd mix of suprise, confusion, and perhaps a tad bit of embarrassment as his cheeks would flush slightly pink. "Uhhh.... yeah sure", the reply would come sheepishly, the mark of one not quite sure of themselves in social situations. Though Nova was fairly sure that her lowcut neckline could have played into it as well. The response to her following should have perhaps been obvious, as she now realized that he did in fact have the headband with his village's emblem adorned, "I'm from Konoha... You're from Sunagakure right? Your wooden leg has the sunagakure symbol on it." A slight grin would show as she would nodded in response, “I am, well whats left of it anyways.. You know, I've never been to the land of fire before. It was quite the journey to get here.” It seemed he words of her homeland piqued his interest, a look of curiosity sparking in his brown eyes, "D-do you think you could take me there? I've always wanted to see it." He asked the woman before taking a bite of his chicken. Steam wafting from his meal made her own mouth water, only enhancing anticipation for the meal she waited on. Thoughtfully she would reply, giving him a few moments where he could eat rather than worry about replying, “I think that could be arranged. Though its not much to look at for now...”

”The ruins are morbidly beautiful of course.. Its turned to glass and give of the most peculiar glow when the sun hits it. Soon it will be much more spectacular... When it's finished it will be quite a thing to see. A monument of marble where the sea meets the desert...”, this was the first Nova had spoken of the vision she had in mind for the village aloud. Nova would have continued if not at that moment the waitress would return with her order and set it on the end of the table. Procuring a cold glass from the tray, the waitress would even pour the first foam capped beer and set it beside Nova alongside the rest of the bottle. Thanking the waitress graciously, Nova would nod happily and take a deep drink of the chilled beer. Before even digging into her own meal, she would slide both into the center of the table, ”Feel free to dig into these too, don't think ill be able to finish it all”. With a pair of chopsticks she would lift one of the doughy takoyaki to her mouth and bite into it. Having must have just come from the kitchen it was still steaming hot, no much so that Nova would nearly drop it into her lap from the burn on her tongue. Setting the rest of the ball on the table, with one hand she would fan at her mouth and with the other bring her drink to her lips and drink deeply, nearly emptying the glass in one gulp. ”Might wanna wait on those ones for a minute... really hot”.

”So what made you want to visit the Land of Wind?”

532 WC

5Sand and Sake (Private) Empty Re: Sand and Sake (Private) Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:51 pm

Kashiki

Kashiki

D-rank
Kashiki grinned as the woman answered his question about her origin, he was really meeting someone from Sunagakure. If the dreams and now this wasn't enough to cement the fact that he needed to go there he didn't know what would. As he waited for a response to his next question he bit into the steaming chicken skewer, it was quite tasty not as good as the three flavor dumplings or the matcha green tea ice cream, but it was good.

“I think that could be arranged. Though its not much to look at for now...” the woman replied much to Kashiki's excitement, a bug grin appearing on his face as he swallowed the bite of chicken. She described the ruins of the Village Hidden in the Sands, telling the boy about how the sand had been turned to glass that reflects the sunlight, she told him about here grand vision of a marble city where the sands and the seas meet. "It sounds amazing.." The boy replied in awe, amazed at the woman's vision for a rebuilt Hidden Sand Village. However, the conversation was cut short as the server came back to the table, pouring a beer into a glass for the woman and sitting it and the bottle on the table before placing two plates of food down on the table. The woman thanked the server as she walked away before turning to her food. ”Feel free to dig into these too, don't think ill be able to finish it all” the woman said as she slid the plates to the middle of the table, signalling that Kashiki could have some if he wanted. The woman used chopsticks to pick up a takoyaki to her mouth, the fried dough steamed as it traveled through the air to her mouth. She bit in to it only to find it much to hot to eat, sitting the rest on the table before fanning her mouth. She brought the glass of beer up to her mouth and took a hearty gulp, draining most of the glass. She warned the boy that they might be to hot to eat right now, to which he nodded.

Kashiki took another bite form his chicken, finishing one of the skewers and sitting it down on his plate. As they ate the woman asked the boy another question. ”So what made you want to visit the Land of Wind?” she asked him.

"Well... a lot of things actually. My family use to live there, apparently they were shinobi there before it was destroyed. I've known this since I was little and vowed I'd see it during my life. As I grew up I started to realize that I might not belong here, for instance, in the academy when we were learning about the will of fire I never seemed to be able to find it within myself. It was never inside me. If that's not enough, I've been having... dreams... about a sandstorm blwoing through a city, then today I met you." Kashiki answered before taking a bite from his chicken skewer and chewing slowly, giving the woman ample time to reply if she wanted to. "If you're rebuilding Sunagakure I would love to help you." The boy would say before taking another bite of his chicken.

WC: +551, 1515

6Sand and Sake (Private) Empty Re: Sand and Sake (Private) Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:39 am

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
"Well... a lot of things actually. My family use to live there, apparently they were shinobi there before it was destroyed. I've known this since I was little and vowed I'd see it during my life. As I grew up I started to realize that I might not belong here, for instance, in the academy when we were learning about the will of fire I never seemed to be able to find it within myself. It was never inside me. If that's not enough, I've been having... dreams... about a sandstorm blowing through a city, then today I met you", It would not particularly surprise her that one's heritage might be why they would seek out the land of wind, but that second mention of dream made her pause for a moment. Though it were not something she were familiar with herself, teachings of the meanings of dreams had always interested her and she wondered if perhaps his sleeping imagination was more than just that. Almost funny that he would compare her coming to Konoha with watching the dream blurred sandstorm over his village.

He would take a bite of his own meal, Nova mirroring by crunching one of the tempura shrimp and tossing the tail on the corner of the plate. “That I can understand, my family were part of Sunagakure further back than our family tree dictates. At first it thought maybe the desire to do something came from feeling as though I had to... but the further I go I realize that seeing it like that... in ruins... Its like the desire to do something makes my blood hot”, shrugging off what was an uncharacteristic outburst of emotion, she would pour herself another glass of beer and signal to the waitress across the crowded room to bring another.

"If you're rebuilding Sunagakure I would love to help you," Nova was unsure yet whether the offer was merely one of courtesy and discomfort, or if truly in his soul he wanted to provide aid to her... their homeland. Popping one of the takoyaki into her mouth and chewing slowly she would motion towards the metal plate that adorned his brow ”And what of your position as a shinobi of Konoha? You are representing them in the exams if I am not mistaken” It was a heavy question, and though she herself had taken a course of action similar if not more severe, she needed to make sure that the young man before her knew the weight of his actions. It may not be the wrong choice, but it is a difficult one and one that would be irreversible. Leaning back in the booth and stretching her arms above her head whilst yawning, she would wait for a response.  

466 WC

7Sand and Sake (Private) Empty Re: Sand and Sake (Private) Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:30 pm

Kashiki

Kashiki

D-rank
Kashiki bit into the chicken, the woman across from him following suit and eating one of her shrimp, discarding the shell to the corner of her plate. After she swallowed the shrimp she explained the reason she was rebuilding the Village Hidden in the Sands in the first place.

“That I can understand, my family were part of Sunagakure further back than our family tree dictates. At first it thought maybe the desire to do something came from feeling as though I had to... but the further I go I realize that seeing it like that... in ruins... Its like the desire to do something makes my blood hot”

The statement seemed to be pretty deep and emotional for her to just shrug off without even a bit of emotion afterwards, but she did, pouring herself another glass of beer and motioning to the server for another bottle. After listening to her reason for wanting to rebuild, seeing the passion and emotion for it, that was when Kashiki knew this was his chance to return to his homeland. He offered his aid, in hindsight it wasn't much but the offer was still there. The woman took this offer with some unsureness. The offer lingered in the air as the woman bit into one of the fried dough balls.

”And what of your position as a shinobi of Konoha? You are representing them in the exams if I am not mistaken”

The question was quite a heavy one, it hung in the air almost visible to Kashiki. The sudden realization washed over the boy. 'You can't just leave' He thought to himself, suddenly realizing the fact. 'Did you really think you were just gonna stroll out of Konoha with some lady from the land of wind and the Hokage was gonna be cool with it?' He lectured himself mentally.

"I hadn't thought of that actually... But I'm ready to deal with the consequences. I don't belong here.. its in my blood. This can't be just a coincidence, I don't believe in fate but maybe just this once I should. If you would be willing to have a missing nin in your village I can promise you I'd do anything I could to help if it means seeing my family's home restored to its former glory and past that." the boy answered, he cared to much about this to lie or try to smooth talk his way into a free pass to Sunagakure. He looked down at his chicken while he awaited an answer, his appetite suddenly leaving him.

WC: +426, 1941

8Sand and Sake (Private) Empty Re: Sand and Sake (Private) Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:56 am

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
The boy before her would blink as he were caught off guard, so wrapped up in the moment that the words she spoke were more lucrative than his current loyalties. A brief moment of contemplation would cross his startled face before he would respond, "I hadn't thought of that actually... But I'm ready to deal with the consequences. I don't belong here.. its in my blood. This can't be just a coincidence, I don't believe in fate but maybe just this once I should. If you would be willing to have a missing nin in your village I can promise you I'd do anything I could to help if it means seeing my family's home restored to its former glory and past that." Nova knew what he felt, having gone through the same feelings in the time leading up to her abrupt departure from Kirigakure and she herself being a missing nin for that reason. Fate were a silly thing, and she wondered for a moment what would have come if Sunagakure had never met it's end. Never would she have left the borders of the village, and likely would have neglected to pursue the life of a shinobi at all. Neither would she have come to this village and crossed paths with this kindred soul and sparked the will to pursue one's desires.

”As long as you are aware of the magnitude of the decision you are making, I do not feel bad about enabling it”, leaning forward slightly, she would lower her voice and continue, ”and I too would be considered a missing nin among those concerned about such matters. But it is for Suna, and there we are not criminals as they would call us but just it's people”. Sitting back in her seat, she would smile calmly and take another bite of her meal. Letting him respond should he desire, she would enjoy her food and drink more than willing to share her portions should he like. After a moment of silence, she would offhandedly speak as though it were of little importance, ”If this is what you decide on, you will leave with us the day following the final ceremonies of the exams. I look forward to seeing if you join us.” Finishing her drink and most of the food she ordered, she would wave over the waitress to pay the bill for the pair and handing her a generously upwards rounded number of coins. Sliding awkwardly from her seat and straitening her robe and dress while stretching her leg. Bowing her head slightly to the boy she would bid him farewell,”It was a pleasure to meet you... well... uh I suppose we never exchanged names. Mine is Nova..”, turning on her heel and taking a few steps, she would pause to say, ”I look forward to seeing you in the exams, and wish you luck”, and then limp out of the restaurant and back to her temporary abode.

Exit

505 WC
2937 Total WC

training:

Last edited by Nova Makato on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Sand and Sake (Private) Empty Re: Sand and Sake (Private) Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:59 am

Kashiki

Kashiki

D-rank
”As long as you are aware of the magnitude of the decision you are making, I do not feel bad about enabling it” Those words were the climax of the conversation for Kashiki, the answer to the question that was the purpose of this whole ordeal. She was granting him entrance out of Konoha and into the Land of Wind, the fairy tale land that he had imagined for his entire life. The joy welled up int Kashiki, only to be culled as the woman leaned forwards. ”and I too would be considered a missing nin among those concerned about such matters. But it is for Suna, and there we are not criminals as they would call us but just it's people” She had been in the same boat as him. The second part of that statement was the most interesting however. A place where no matter where you came from, you'd be accepted. Atleast, thats what Kashiki thought he meant by that. The woman leaned back and enjoy her meal, giving Kashiki a moment to respond. Kashiki nodded for a bit, the recent words were interesting to Kashiki. He reached out and grabbed a shrimp off of the plate in the middle of the table, eating it and putting the tail on his own plate.

After seeing that Kashiki had nothing to say she would continue, telling him that if he planned to lead with them that he was to leave with them the day after the closing ceremonies.

After a bit more eating and drinking in silence the woman would call the server over and pay the bills, Kashiki thanked her greatly for this. Then, quite akwardly, she would slide out of her seat and stand. After straightening her clothes she would nod to the boy, saying a farewell before walking away. ”It was a pleasure to meet you... well... uh I suppose we never exchanged names. Mine is Nova..” "I'm Kashiki, It was a pleasure meeting you aswell Nova, I'm looking forwards to seeing you after the exams." Kashiki would offer in reply.

The woman would take a few more steps before turning to face the boy once more. ”I look forward to seeing you in the exams, and wish you luck” "Thank you" was all the boy would offer as a reply before the woman limped away. Kashiki followed suit leaving shortly after and returning home.

WC: +400, 2341 total
~EXIT THREAD~

+2 EP for thread WC

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.