You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Empty The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Wed May 23, 2018 6:04 am

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
Invited: Harichimo

Mizuki had run out of options. The medical knowledge she had once learned from Lin, her mentor and former kage, was not sufficient for the yamabushi to deal with this situation. The barely five year old boy she had saved from the bandit onslaught kept up the fever created by his sadness and powerless anger. Emotions in turmoil, shell shocked. Losing the will to go on. All she wanted was to preserve its young life and give it a future, but instead the kid had to deal with a burden beyond his capacities. Unable to help out, Mizuki was driven to carry him along the road trip towards Iwagakure's hospital in hopes to find a solution. The choice was done reluctantly for her hopes in the Medical Arts had been shattered twice already, and the last thing she currently wanted was to meddle in the shinobi world again.

With a life potentially at stake, Mizuki prepared herself. The brown and golden kimono she wore was already torn and tattered by the weather and her prolonged stay in the wilds, the smears of dirt sufficient to make her look like a person without any riches to spare. She would proceed to wrap the kid in small furs to keep it warm and comfortable before she would hoist the whole on her back and strap it for ease of carrying. No room left for her bow and not wishing to come over as threatening, she sealed her valuable weapons and pulled the straw hat over her head. All set, she would make her way from her little camp in the Valley of Mountains, glancing over her back on a regular base to see how the Kazuki was doing.

The trek through the Valleys was a long one, the maze of roads and pathways making it hard to find a proper way to Iwagakure even if she had come to map most of them in her mind. The gourd filled with fresh water came in handy as the warmth of the sun and the labour of carrying a kid invoked thirst much sooner than it usually did. Mizuki herself wasn't exactly fit for long-term physical activities herself with the illness she had inherited, making the task ahead harder than it already was. She would endure though. She had to, if she wanted to see Kazuki better and give him a future worth living.

Eventually, the yamabushi would arrive at the gates of Iwagakure where she would be halted by the shinobi to state her business. Calmly she would identify herself as Suzume, a yamabushi, and explain the situation that had occurred. How the kid's parents were killed, how the bandits were driven off and how she had taken custody over the kid but was in need of some medical assistance to get him through. They allowed her in, explaining the way to the hospital, which she accepted with a slight bow of thanks.

At this point, Mizuki wasn't sure in what sort of danger she could be herself. Being Kumo-nin, there was no saying how the forces of Iwagakure would deal with her after the Raikage's 'diplomatics'. Mizuki could take no risks. Should she be apprehended, short of being sentenced to death, the ever diplomatic woman would not instantly opt for a hostile approach if diplomacy could preserve the life of the child. Mizuki had never had any inclination towards war, and that would not change now.

Moving through the streets, the memories she had of these warm people, toiling hard in the land, sharing a smile more readily than most of Kumogakure citizen did, she would almost forget that the village in itself had a shinobi force, a university and a militaristic clan. The memories of the young genin with whom she shared a breakfast, the chakra nature genius Tenjin. She had experienced quite a few good impressions of Iwa's future forces. A soft smile crept on her face. Just briefly.

Finding the hospital thanks to the directions of the guards, she entered the building and informed the receptionist of the situation. Kindly asking the yamabushi to take a seat in the waiting room she told her she'd check the schedules for a free doctor and ask them to check upon the child as soon as possible. Mizuki would wait in the hallway, loosening the straps and moving Kazuki from her back to a nearby seat. He still looked feverish, his eyes as devoid of life's desire as he had been since seeing the death of his parents.

OOC: You up for 3500 wc, 5 posts social?

2The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Empty Re: The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:30 pm

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
Harichimo was drowning in his new life as the Tsuchikage. His day so far had consisted of paperwork and towers of it. Currently he sat at his desk with a medium stack of papers to be sorted away. A gold and black pen laid flat on his desk with small ink drippings staining under the tip of it. Harichimo leaned back in his chair and stared up towards the ceiling that seemed to tower above him yet make him feel closed in. With a long drawn out sigh he would push his chair away from the desk and turn it to right so he could look out the window upon the village. This was the first time he had felt trapped in his work. But he knew he would grow to understand the importance of this half of the job. Not everyday could be full of excitement and training, there was going to be days where he was going to have to act like a proper Tsuchikage and deal with papers and political games with the council and even his own clan elders. He would then stand up and walk over to an intricately carved and decorated cabinet. As he opened the cabinet it was mostly empty except for a small box with the seal of his old friend and a half empty bottle of what he assumed was rum. He would reach over and open the box to find it empty. It might have been where he stored his cigars before his disappearance. As he closed the box he would hear a knock on the door. "Come on in, the door is open." Harichmo would close the cabinet as a medical shinobi would wonder in and bow to him.

"Sorry to disturb you lord Tsuchikage. We have a small favor to ask of you. A Kumogakure shinobi arrived at the hospital carrying a very injured child just a few short minutes ago. His injuries seem unknown as well as above and beyond what the normal doctors can accomplish. Since you have the most experience as a medical shinobi in the village we want to ask fro you to accompany back to the hospital as fast as possible and help treat his wounds." Harichimo's eyes would widen and his eyebrows rise in question. He thought to himself to the probable cause for a Kumogakure shinobi to be in Iwagakure. With all the shifting of refugees outsiders seemed less and less welcome. But in times of need everyone is the same under the knife or jutsu in his case. Furthermore the hospital had never asked for his help before nor did he believe they would recognize his time as a practitioner in his family's clinic. But even if he didn't have the fancy title or degree as the doctors his skill with the medical ninja arts was comparable to very few and no one within the village. Harichimo would grab his jacket and sign for the other shinobi to lead the way. With a sense of urgency they would exit the building and record time to burst out at full speed towards the hospital with them already being behind the clock to save the patient.

After a minute they would be at the front door of the hospital. The massive structure towered over the surrounding buildings and was a monolith compared to the small clinic that surrounded a cherry blossom tree his clan ran on the other side of the village. Harichimo never had a need to be inside of this place early in his shinobi career but now was as good a time as any. The doctors themselves disregarded shinobi techniques as real doctoring but they also recognized the ability for medical ninjutsu to cause harm or heal away even the most gruesome of injuries. Once he was over the grandeur of the exterior he would let the other shinobi lead the way inside and to the lobby. Once they entered Harichimo would look around at the patients sitting and waiting to see any of the doctors about any little issue or injury rather then go to a smaller clinic. As he scanned he soon laid eyes upon a pair that may fit the description. A younger woman and a young boy that seemed as if he were caught in a day dream state. He would quickly walk over as guests of the hospital whispered to themselves about being in the presence of the Tsuhcikage. As he neared the pair a strange feeling of deja vu prodded at the back of his mind. The woman seemed familiar but right now the closer he got the more unwell the boy seemed. Once in front of the woman Harichimo would boy and introduce himself. "Hello , I am lord Tsuchikage Harichimo Kazako. I have been called in to take care of you to the best of my ability. If you would please follow me, I can get to work as soon as possible." Harichimo would turn and motion for them to follow as the other medical shinobi would lead them to the back where the doctors would operate and immediately his eyes were assaulted by the bright lights and sterile white of the rooms and hallways. The shinobi would stop and motion for them to enter. Harichimo would let the woman and boy enter first as the shinobi shut the door behind them. Harichimo would put his shoulder under the boy's arm and help to lay him down on the operating table. "Now we have to be in a hurry. While I wash up can you explain what happened?"

Last edited by Harichimo on Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

3The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Empty Re: The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:04 am

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
The door would open as a man of certain reputation walked in. Tsuchikage, so whispered the people, much to Mizuki's surprise. When she had been in Iwagakure she had not been able to meet him, the Iwa-nin stating he had been out to travel about. More than that would not be revealed about is absence or plans, making it hard for the diplomat to reach out in the proper diplomatic way she wanted to do. It was an ANBU instead that would deliver the message and a representative of the Tsuchikage that met up at the Kage Summit. To see the kage now in person before him was as interesting as it was ill-timed for Mizuki didn't wish to mingle in any sort of shinobi politics in her current state of mind. In search of inner balance and peace, she had taken on the life as a yamabushi living away from society.

The chances for him to search her were slim, and yet the man walked up to her and the child and introduce himself as Harichimo Kazako, Tsuchikage. Nodding, she would hold Kazuki tightly against her chest and stand up, following the appointed medic wherever he lead her, introducing herself as "Suzume, yamabushi". Arriving at the destined room, Harichimo would open the door for them upon which Mizuki walked inside before passing the barely five year old boy to the healer so he would safely be put on the table. The kid stirred in his fever, glazed eyes looking about but not fully registering what was happening. Mizuki held his hand, hoping to provide a sense of comfort even though the two didn't know each all that well.

"Kazuki's parents were killed by bandits before his eyes, so I took him under my wing in hopes he'd get better, find some comfort. He refuses to eat, barely drinks. He is plagued by nightmares, waking up at night screaming. He's been making high fever recently and while I know some basic medicine, it isn't doing him any good. It worries me, as I would not like it if he forfeited his life while he is still so young."

She would wait for Harichimo to finish washing him up and diagnosing him, hoping her explanation would provide him some more insight in the situation. Though the previous Raikage had taught her the basics of medicine, mental and psychological healing was not quite the sort of alleviation she could provide. This was something that, despite reluctance to return to society, could only be looked at by those who were trained to do so.

"My hopes for his cure rest in your hands, doctor."

Total: 1216

OOC: Kazuki isn't wounded but 'feverish, created by his sadness and powerless anger. Emotions in turmoil, shell shocked'. The boy saw his parents being killed by bandits before his eyes. Mental/psychological healing isn't something Mizuki can do, hence her visit before dies of sadness (or something). I guess a full check wouldn't hurt, but that is quite a difference in details.

4The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Empty Re: The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:45 am

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
As Harichimo was working to ash away whatever dirt and whatever abnormal things may be living on his skin, the Kumo shinobi would explain the situation. The hospital had many more amenities to it then his own room at his family's clinic would even dream of. But his guess was the stricter regulations on practices of doctors. The soap seemed to just to foam up and reveal an almost new shade of skin color as he ran the water over his hands and forearms. If he was going to be invited to this establishment to help them out then he was probably better off to follow their rules. But his mind was more focused on the child. A poor boy to have watched his family killed with his own eyes. It made Harichimo mad that this instance of senseless violence may have taken place within his borders as he stood as its protector rather then its leader. And now this child was getting sick, not able to sleep, and overall loosening his grip on his life. This was unacceptable in Harichimo's eyes. He wasn't an actual doctor more then a proficient medic but he was still up to date on procedures and his knowledge proved more then valuable on many occasions. Whether they were off the book and anbu level operations or people who couldn't afford actual hospital care.

Once he was finished washing his hands he would stand next to the boy. He appeared severely feverish and as if he was out of his own body at the moment. "Well let me start making you a bit more comfortable and get some fluid into you young one. I am going to put him on an iv to start and get him in a more stable state" Harichimo would walk over to a cabinet that seemed to house the necessary supplies. They all seemed to be organized with purpose much like he would have done with his own supplies at the clinic. With the most used material at the front. Iv bags stacked together with their tubes and required needles bundled together with them. He would grab an iv bag and the required needles and tubes to set out on a table before grabbing some alcohol wipes. He would take a wipe and steralize one of the boys wrists. "This may sting for a second then you will start to feel the fluid enter your body and help you cool off." Harichimo would gently and methodically insert the iv needle into the main vain of the child. Then he would tie a tourniquet above the boys elbow. The next step was to hang the iv bag on its stand and attach a tube that goes from the bottom of the bag to the needle. As soon as he had connected the tube he would unclip it near the bag and let the solution enter the boy's veins. "Now you can sit there and this solution will help you to get back the levels of fluids you should be at. It will take a bit so just relax and let it do it's job." Harichimo would turn back towards the sink and grab a white towel off the side and run cold water to dampen it up before folding it up to the perfect size to fit the boy's forehead. He laid it there gently and made sure the water running off the rag would not just be running down the child's face and just pool in his eyes. Once he was sure that it was perfect he would walk over to Suzume and offer her a chair that sat against the wall. If she took it or preferred to stand would determine if he would grab the other and sit facing her or just sit on the one he had offered instead. He would start to tap his right hand on the counter near them as he thought how to ask his question. He needed some more information to see how long this boy had been in this condition.

"While we give him a minute miss Suzume. Would you mind if I ask how long you have been traveling with the boy and when this event had taken place. I do wonder if you just happened upon this while walking the out lands of my territory or did you come all the way from Kumogakure?"

743/1682

5The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Empty Re: The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:39 pm

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
As doctor Harichimo continued to diligently wash Kazuki, Mizuki's eyes looked around the room. Sober walls leaving little to the imagination were painted in traditional white. How long had it been since she had been taken in the hospital with fractured bones herself? Certainly a couple of years. The kunoichi still remembered Lin vividly, doing her work with the same diligence as Harichimo was showing now in the execution of his art. She would not have thought the hospital of Iwagakure was so alike to the one of Kumogakure, having believed for a long time their iryo-nin had very different healing techniques than Kumo's. Had she been wrong all this time?

Her attention would be pulled to Kazuki when Harichimo spoke to him, telling the boy what he was about to do. In his feverish state it looked pretty much like the kid barely registered what was being said, though the sting of the IV was felt sufficiently for him to start crying, somewhat struggling against the needle intruding upon his wrist. The young woman would try to calm him down, distract him by stroking him and whispering soothing words until the IV bags' fluid were slowly taking a hold on him and lulling him into a medical peace of mind. Mizuki would hold his hand again now that Kazuki had calmed down, watching how Harichimo finished his care by placing a cold, wet towel on the boy's head that would help break the fever. The familiarity of his actions with those of Lin created a somewhat awkward feeling with Mizuki, wondering if she had not missed a great opportunity herself now that Lin was gone.

Mizuki would be offered a chair, which she accepted with a brief thankful bow and sat down as Harichimo did. A moment would pass, the pensive look on Harichimo's face telling her he was about to ask her something of weight and as such she waited patiently for him to speak. His question was not that of a doctor but that of a kage feeling the need to assess the situation in his own country in hopes to find a means to deal with the problem at hand.

"I have been living in the Valley of Mountains for quite a few months, my makeshift camp build out of sight of roads so as not to be disturbed in my seclusion. I live off the land, fishing or hunting small animals for meat, making the best use of their lives to provide in my own sustenance. A yamabushi willingly lives away from the confines of society as they search for enlightenment and inner peace, but it is not uncommon for them to stumble upon travellers."

She would pause a moment, taking a glimpse of the boy stirring in the slumber that was slowly but steadily overtaking him. Seeing his face express a peaceful serenity after all this time made her smile a little, a sense of comfort returning to her just as much.

"About a month ago, as I was going out to enjoy a walk, I stumbled upon two bandits assaulting Kazuki and his parents. Much like Kazuki, I saw them slay his father, the mother already having been killed before I realised what was happening. They took what little the people had in possession, their eyes set on Kazuki as they contemplated what they would do with him. It is unfortunate I can not bring back his parents, but I'd have felt worse if I would not have taken action to preserve the life of this child."

Her eyes otherwise soft and compassionate gained a hard stare as she saw the whole situation being played before her mind's eye again. The mother's body in a pool of blood, the father holding up an ornate dagger in defence of his son before he was ruthlessly slain. She'd never forget the child's fearful face. Neither would she forget the faces of those she had slain then and there with her katana before she would crouch to take in Kazuki.

"I buried the bodies of his parents as good as I could and condemned the corpses of the bandits to be eaten by the carrion birds. Ever since then, I've watched over Kazuki to the best of my possibilities, but I'm afraid my knowledge in medicine can no longer keep up with what ails him. Enlightenment, or the search thereof, can only do so much."

Finishing her short story, Mizuki would take another glimpse at her protegee. The boy finally found his sleep, his breathing calm and deep for the first time since long. She knew her disguise was far from the safest option she had, but she simply could not let go of the kid after all he had gone through. After all the losses she had suffered herself, she believed that perhaps this kid could bring her something she had missed for far too long. New purpose in life.

"I hope I am not too late to save him now as I have been when I first met him."

Total: 2073

6The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Empty Re: The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:30 pm

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
Harichimo sat and listened as Suzume laid out the whole story for him. It seemed that this Kumogakure Shinobi had set up a small camp in the mountain ranges. Living as a hermit, providing for herself with little help or interference from civilization. Seeming that it was her choice to isolate herself as if it was just tradition of her clan. It made Harichimo wonder how one could live as such. Harichimo had never met someone that willingly choose to strand themselves and stay as far from a village as possible. In the background the boy seemed to be a little more lively as the IV was doing its job. She continued on to divulge the details of the unfortunate circumstance. The boy's parents were slaughtered as they tried to fend off a group of bandits. It made Harichimo mad with his promise to be a defender of his village yet in the farthest reaches tragedies like this could happen without a whisper or even a mention on the wind. Harichimo could know figure out what might be ailing the child. And he did appreciate this Kumogakure ninja taking the fate of this child in her hands to save him and try to help him to live on even with all of the animosity between the villages. She was able to bury the bodies but now came here to the village hospital with the boy's condition deteriorating. Harichimo would give a small nod with a more somber look on his face.

Harichimo would get up from his seat and return to the side of the boy. "Well miss Suzume the child is suffering from a sever case of post traumatic stress disorder. The boy himself if perfectly fine but his brain is fighting itself to forget the horrific events that took place while another part of his brain is subconsciously taking him back to relive the memory over and over. It is a function of the brain that even those that go to medical schools can't explain. Like you had described he is waking in the night screaming. We have to get him sleeping as normal as we can then his appetite may return back to normal." Harichimo would look around for another cabinet to grab a book off of the shelf. It was a book of medicine that he was familiar with and it contained medical notes for more natural cures. Harichimo was not a fan of manufactured drugs and his clan teachings were more around natural cures and treatments. Once he found what he needed he would open the door and look out into the hallway fro a different medical shinobi.

"Excuse me. I need to ask a favor of you. Could you go the Kazako clinic and ask if they can give you some passion flower petals and valerian root." With a nod the medical shinobi would leave and run down the hallway to exit the hospital. Harichimo would close the door again and return to sitting in his chair as Suzume was free to do what she pleased. "Now I am going to supply you with some vitamins that should help but I would appreciate if you could try these other two cures first. The valerian root should just be cut up small and mixed with whatever meal he would take before bead and it should improve his sleep quality. The passion flower petals are to be made into a tea and it helps to suppress depression and other negative feelings in the brain. Once the iv bag runs out I can give him one more look over but he will have to stay for a little bit longer until I feel he can leave. Does all this sound alright to you?"

629/2311

7The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Empty Re: The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:37 am

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
Post traumatic stress syndrome was something she was familiar with and so she only grew more worried. Mizuki had been there as a genin, shortly after her first kill during a B rank mission. One of her first missions at that, well beyond her abilities. She hadn't been in any real danger considering the Raikage had her back, but driven by discipline and the mission requiring the bandits to be killed, she had pushed herself beyond what she'd consider 'humane'. Taking a life had weighed heavily upon her inexperienced soul and it had thrown her into a similar state. Tears, guilt and a dampened feeling on her positive emotions as she wrestled with her own actions. Lin had told her the same things back then - PTSD.

Mizuki sighed softly. If Kazuki was suffering from traumatic stress the boy was walking a dark path not easily overcome. As a young adult, Mizuki had eventually crawled out of it with the help of others, but this boy... He couldn't express his emotions and thoughts as easily as adults could. How would he get out, when he didn't have the experienced support like she had been given? Would healing really be the key to pushing him through that dark period? Mizuki couldn't say, her inexperience cloaking a proper judgement of the situation. The best she could do was give him emotional support in this period.

Harichimo would pick up a book on medicine, flip through its pages and once he found what he was looking for he'd call a shinobi to run a favour for him. Passion flower and valerian roots. They plants weren't unknown to Mizuki, but their beneficial effects eluded her. Harichimo would cover that as he'd explain how to use them and what their effects would be on the child. Improving his sleep and keeping the depression at bay. The yamabushi could see how a prolonged use of these herbs could promote a steady recovery, and nodded at his request to try these out first.

He would have to stay for a while, his early recovery in need of monitoring. It wasn't something Mizuki was looking forward to as she'd have preferred to return to her little camp in the Valley after this, but the trek to and fro was long enough for her not to wish to go back and forth either. Thinking about what she had to win or lose, she decided she could stay in the Village for a couple of days as there was nothing of value to be found in the camp. Plus, with how remote the camp was from the main road, chances were big she would find it back the way she had left it unless someone was specifically searching for its location.

"Yes, thank you. How long would you esteem his stay at the hospital?"

Having an idea of the duration would allow her to make a couple of plans, check for lodging and more of the like. Good preparations were needed, but a longer stay also ran the risk of people starting to recognise her. Being a Kumo-nin in Iwagakure was not the best choices to begin with, but neither was the yamabushi interested in staying in society for longer than was needed. She had not chosen a life as a mountain hermit to return to civilisation anytime soon.

Total: 2642

8The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Empty Re: The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:57 pm

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
The woman seemed to understand him and the news he had given her. Harichimo needed to be one hundred percent sure that he could do everything in his power to put the child on the right path to recovery. Correcting the boy's sleep was just a first step to get his apatite back then once he was physically well the mental war would be easier to fight. Harichimo was confident without a doubt about his ability to fix or correct any physical problems a patient may have entered his family's clinic with. But when it comes to the pain and sufferance of the mind he had doubts. Even the strongest of warrior and shinobi could be driven to the edge of insanity and suicide. He wouldn't be able to forgive himself if this little boy that was supposed to be safe within his border ended up with a short life. Harichimo had been surprised during his stay in the room at this Kumo shinobi's resolve to bring this now abandoned child all the way to the center of the village and the hospital. And now she was showing such an interest in this boy's well being as if she had felt some sort of responsibility. She could have just dropped him off and walked away back to her camp.But Harichimo appreciated that she was going the extra mile. She would ask the question about the length of stay he would be asked to remain in the hospital's care before Harichimo would be okay with letting him leave. Harichimo would look over the boy and saw the color slowly returning to his face. Harichimo would turn back to the woman and give his answer. "I would say I want him to stay for about a week. I want the staff to make sure that the treatment I am giving you will work and if he does have panic attacks in the night the staff will be on hand to help him more. You can come visit every day, there is a small motel just a couple blocks down that shouldn't charge you much to stay there. What's most important is to make sure that he regains his strength and we help him to cope or talk about what happened."

Harichimo would let the woman think over what he had just said. It would be a commitment for her to leave her camp unattended for a week and stay among the people of Iwagakure. While he waited for her to make her decision a knock at the door would draw his attention. He would open the door to see the medical shinobi had returned with two wrapped up parcels and a letter. Harichimo would thank the shinobi for being a parcel runner and getting the treatment ingredients like he had asked. He would take the parcels and letter and put them on the counter next to the door. He would first look over the letter that had his clan's seal on it as well as the name of his close family members on it. He would slide the letter aside and open up the two parcels. One containing ten individual valerian roots and the other had a box of passion flower petal tea bags. Harichimo would divide up the roots to give the woman eight along with the box of tea bags and left two roots for treatment at the hospital. He would repackage them and hand the majority of it to the woman. "I know you don't have to wait a week here in my village and it would be a major set back or waste of time. I do thank you for bringing this child in and caring for his well being. You can have all of this and if you run out you are always welcome to come and get more."

653/2964

9The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Empty Re: The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:41 am

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
A week. That... seemed far less than she had expected yet at the same time it was longer than she wanted to stay in the middle of civilisation. Her decision to wander away from Kumogakure might have come out of the blue months ago but she still didn't feel ready after all this time to return to anything shinobi related soon. A stay at an inn in Iwagakure was just as much part of that. Mizuki's eyes shifted to Kazuki, a pensive looking crossing her face. Could she be so selfish as to leave the child here all this time and return to her little camp on her own? No, that didn't feel right. At a time like this the kid needed a familiar face. She would have to find an inn and deal with the discomfort of being among shinobi for the time being.

"Thank you. I'll be sure to find a room to stay in."

In the meantime, a delivery would be made. Two boxes, one letter. By the kamon seal stamped on the letter it was clear the letter came from a clan, possibly the one of the kage before her. He would put it aside, its contents currently of no use to the situation, and open the boxes to reveal the herbs he had spoken about previously. The valerian looked familiar to her as it was a herb she had seen several times during her treks through the Valley. She had not paid it much mind, brushing it off as another random plant growing around much like weeds did, a fleck of white decoration in the lush green grass that covered the hills. She would have to keep it in mind, read about the plant while she was here to be sure she wasn't fooling herself in its appearance.  The passion flowers were a different matter, however. She hadn't seen any petals like it and couldn't recall similar flowers either. Were those a rare treat? It was possible they only grew on selective ground or were cultivated under controlled environment.

Harichimo repacked the herbs after taking a minimal amount out and gave the boxes to Mizuki, who thanked him as she accepted them.

"It would be most heartless to leave children to their fate after they came to lose everything. Taking care of him is the least I could do for the well being of his future."

Her words held a subtle hint to Sunagakure's fate as well, where she had done what she could to gather the survivors under the black raiton clouds. Some would consider it heroic but to Mizuki such a fate should not have been dealt with in the first place. No one deserved it to have their home and family be taken away in such a way.

Total: 3116

10The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Empty Re: The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:25 am

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
Harichimo was happy to see that the woman's mind was made up to help increase the success for the boy to live whatever of a normal life he could without his parents. It was nice to see that not all Kumogakure shinobi took after their militaristic Raikage. Hastur had not made the greatest first impression on Harichimo with the way he had presented himself. Harichimo thought the man to be insane and self righteous in his own rights as he commanded authority over the other kage at the summit. Then the quickness of him to resort to violence and almost kill Harichimo solidified his opinion on the man. But Harichimo had some faith that the rest of his village wasn't like the man as well and this woman had proved him right. Harichimo would walk towards the exit of the room and reach for the door handle before his brain finally snapped into realization. The woman in this room had been the same one that had delivered the lightning storm transmitter some time ago. It made him wonder if she had just spent the whole time camping in the mountains of his nation and avoiding going home after she had delivered it. But she seemed to have aged and moved on from that stage so he couldn't hold it against her.

Harichimo would reach into his pocket and look at the letter. He looked at the seal of his clan that held the lip sealed. He would take the seal off and walk back to the woman. "Here take this wax seal. It is my family's personal seal and you can take this down to one of the smaller inns or motels around the bazaar and have them bring the seal back to me. I will compensate your stay here for the time being. This way you will not have to be to far away if you choose to check in on the boy during his stay here." Harichimo would let the woman take the seal and give her a small bow before he would make his exit. The halls seemed just as busy as when he had first arrived and made it difficult at first to find a doctor or aide. Once he did find an aide he would explain to the aide his instructions for the boy to be placed on his regiment of valerian root and passion flower tea. He would permit them to do what else they deemed necessary without using pills. The boy's fight was just starting and he would need a team of medics and aides on the same page to increase his chances of coming out of the darkness.

Once he was sure that the staff would follow his instructions he would make his leave from the hospital. His first real excursion within the white walls of the hospital proved to be an interesting one. He had offers from them before to take over as head of the medical division after the jounin Nanashi had left the village. But his destiny had lead him to join the Monoliths and he was still proud of his choice. Harichimo would always be a medic at heart with his upbringing at the Kazako Clinic but to fight for his fellow shinobi and protect the village with his own two hands always felt more right.

EXIT THREAD

563/3527

Training:

Last edited by Harichimo on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

11The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Empty Re: The worth of a child [Invite | NK] Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:56 am

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
The doctor would agree to her approach with a smile of his own, the empathy and devotion to life recognised by his own philosophies. She had meant what she had said, and her words must have resonated clearly into his ears as he decided that with it all was said and done. Harichimo stood up, intending to leave the room for Kazuki and Mizuki alone, the kid now sleeping soundly and peacefully for a first time since long. Mizuki would stay, bowing briefly in thanks for the good cares he had offered the child she had brought in but as she was about to sit down again, he seemed to hesitate. Curiously Mizuki followed his actions as he turned about and revealed a seal. He'd offer her the wax seal which bore the kamon of the Kazako of Iwagakure. The yamabushi would blink. She knew not much about the clan as it was but being granted a wax seal so as to have others pay for her stay wasn't something she could accept so easily. Not only because she was of a reputable clan herself that suffered no financial troubles but mostly because as a Yamabushi she had little intent to stay at anything overly luxurious. In fact, Mizuki would have opted for a small room for rent somewhere, satisfied with a single bed to sleep in and otherwise just roam the Village or stay at the park.

Not wishing to be rude, she would accept the seal and tuck it away as she thanked him, watching him leave the hallway after the last necessary regulations were handled. Remaining with Kazuki, she would sit on the chair, blue-green eyes watching the kid. Worry and relief tugging at her heart to see that he was doing better yet had a ways to go until full recovery. Assuming it could easily take months, the questions then was what he'd do after that. A child needed a good education and friendship. The situation he had found himself in drove the kunoichi to weigh the option of teaching him the basics of unarmed combat to defend himself against future troubles but also felt the wall pressing upon her own mind that wouldn't allow her to bring him in the shinobi world. Self-defence, taught by a shinobi, would easily result in the attraction of other unwanted situations as power only drew in more power. Fate had a ways like that. Whether she liked it or not, with her preventing his death and bringing him into the hospital to preserve his life once again, Kazuki's fate was already entwined with hers.

[EXIT]

Total: 3540
-3000 Suiton: B -> A rank

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.