You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Meiyo

Meiyo

D-rank
Mission Details:

Meiyo came from the Administrative building and made her way across the rooftops towards the higher end buildings of the village. This day she had chosen to wear a black dress that crossed in the back and tied in a bow to her left side on the front. This caused it to dip low and reveal the expansive scarring that made up most of her back and trailed up her neck. But she didn’t mind. This dress allowed for ease of movement and was the fewer of her clothing selections that weren’t so bright and showy. Perfect for an evening scouting. She had wrapped her thighs in the black wrap but only halfway to meet modesty standards and the edge of the dress. On her right leg carried her weapons pouch and her windmill shuriken was folded tied around her waist along with her left leg for easy reach. With black sandals, long rainbow hair tied up in a thick bun, and her headband atop, she was as sleek and professional as the bright little fairy kunoichi could produce.

With the dusk horizon behind her, she leaped. She was a bit worn from steady training and well, lack of a full night’s sleep and a more than likely shameful disregard of hospital exacted days of rest. In fact, it was the next evening from the spar that had inflicted her wounds. But the wicked never slept and shinobi were needed more than ever - so she told herself. The mission she had been exacted required a partner and surprisingly the name on the order would be a familiar face. Thanks to the Administration she was also provided an address. So off she was to pay the swordsman a visit.

She arrived at the residence that was gated and expansive. With the sun slipping away, streetlights were lighting and the shadows were crossing the grounds, but the Hibana clan manor presented itself almost too proudly. She approached the gates and was halted by a servant.

“Good evening, my names Ren, Meiyo. I’m here to see Hibana, Akashi, is he home?”She asked. The servant looked skeptical of her but allowed her within the gate.

“Wait here.” the servant spoke. Meiyo nodded and respected his wishes. She held the order in her hand folded in half and spent the time looking about. One eyebrow flicked up at the grounds. They were quite handsome and well maintained. Definitely a rich boy. she hummed in her thoughts. Lucky. I wonder what it’s like within these walls. Or wherever he had grown, having just come back through the village. Servants and all, quite luxurious I’m almost jealous.

As soonest, as he could approach, a smile would alight her face. She waved softly and presented him with the mission paper, flicking it open with a finger as she did so. “So guess what? We’ve got a mission to do! Aren’t you so excited?” She hummed, her fingers laced behind her back fidgeting. “Since your new, I don’t know that you know the villagers very well yet, but I do. Maybe a few of them will have some insight into the locations of the recent sightings. The market is an easy target for all the people coming through. It’s easy to cause a ruckus in the crowd and escape. How about checking the main market streets? If not there are a few other places they could hit as well tonight. Such as the bars and clubs just along the edges of the market and on the south and east sides of the village. What do you say? Ready to stop some litterbugs?”

WC: 614

Items:

Akashi

Akashi

D-rank
“Next!” He roared, pointing the blunt edge of his bamboo sword to the men sat on the dojo floor. Reluctant, another foe slowly stood up to face him. Dressed in protective gear made to soften the blows of the shinai, the man bowed to him in respect. He bowed too, yet his golden eyes never left his opponent— piercing through him with the intensity of a wild tiger eyeing down its prey. Unlike his opponent, he refused to wear anything that would protect him were he hit with the practice sword… not even a shirt. His body glistened with sweat running down his muscles, still not a single bruise could be found anywhere. Already, he had taken down eight opponents, yet still he stood unscathed. It was a message. A message sent to those that faced him that night… a message claiming that even with their strongest, not a single blow would land. I am invincible. But were you invincible against him? Red hot with rage, he thrust the bamboo sword against the one who stood against him. Through the crevices of the padded armor, the blunt tip of his blade made contact with the fabric of his opponent's kimono. Ramming the bamboo with all his might into the collarbone, the man was forcibly pushed back— flinching in pain. Like lightning he raised his sword high above to touch the heavens and thundered it all down to come crashing on the skull of the unlucky foe. The blow echoed throughout the halls of the Kajimura Manor, reaching every corner of the estate. Even with the caged helmet offering some much needed protection, the man collapsed to the ground ending the match. It was not enough. He was not satisfied. More.

It was earlier that morning when he faced the taste of utter defeat. He was annihilated. The gap in skill between him and his opponent was insurmountable. He had expected the man to surpass his skill with ninjutsu by leagues, but not as a swordsman. He was rumored to be an archer, yet the skill he possessed with a blade made that of the young Hibana’s look like child’s play. They were leagues apart in every aspect of combat, but he refused to admit that to himself. He refused to believe that they were that far apart from each other, that his goal was that far away from him. He would challenge the man again, soon. He was simply another mountain to be overcome and persevere through. He gave himself a month… a month and he would catch up to the man. Now, though, he was wrapped within the flames of anger. Memories of the just recent battle overcame his thoughts. He needed to vent. “Next!” He ordered once more seeking another opponent. This time no one came before him, they were all battered and bruised. “Maybe you should stop bullying the guards, Akashi-sama.” A blonde woman said as she entered the dojo. “How could they guard me if they can't even beat me?” He retorted. The woman tossed him a white towel, to dry himself up. “There is a guest waiting for you at the gates. Says her name is Ren, Meiyo.” Catching the towel, he covered himself with the fabric. The girl’s name caught him off guard, he expected another friend of the family that had come to greet him and was about to tell Riza to shoo the guest away, but this was a different case. “I'll be off then.” Leaving the towel in Riza’s hands he took a white cape, different from the one he usually wore, hung by the sliding door and left the for the gate bringing his red sword strapped on his waist.

The signs of spring showed themselves with the petals of the Sakura trees dancing in the wind by the gates of the Manor. Among the pink colored flowers, the rainbow colored hair of the girl stood out. From afar she greeted him with a bright smile and a wave. He wasn't in the best of moods, but she had an aura about her that seemed to brighten anyone up. “Good evening Meiyo, I'm glad to see that you've recovered from your injuries.” He greeted. She offered him a piece of paper as he spoke. He took the offered paper in his hands and scanned its contents. A mission? Finally actual combat.  Apparently the two had been assigned to deal with small time thugs as partners. The girl expressed her enthusiasm with the mission and briefed him on some of the areas they would likely find the thugs. He nodded. “The marketplace sounds promising, it would be wise to ask around for the where the gang could be usually found.” He tapped the sheathed blade on his waist. “I have everything I need, I'll allow you to take the lead.” He said as he opened the gates for his new partner.

Mission WC: 832/1000

Items:

Meiyo

Meiyo

D-rank
He was armed with his red sword again, a practical choice considering. But as he had approached he seemed - stiff. Different than the day before. Something bothering him, maybe? Or.. I just don’t know him very well. Maybe he’s just a grump? she hummed in her thoughts curiosly. Yesterday he had seemed a bit more, what’s a good word, free? Less stiff. Then again, I could be seeing things. I am tired, but.. When he spoke he was casual but distant. As he spoke flower petals caught the breeze. She watched them as they flew admiring their beauty as she listened to him. He regarded her recovery, “Yup, fixed up and ready to go!” She pumped a fist of confidence that popped into two fingered peace time. Ever the young child at heart. “And thanks for taking me, it probably delved into your scheduled, but,” bringing her hands with her palms up to the side as she shrugged. “Now we’re friends forever, whether you like it or not.” The small girl winked, speaking coyly. “Oh and, we can probably get your portrait done later this week if you have the free time.” The manor came to view beside him and she looked between them curious if her suspicion of behavior were related. Nonetheless they had ought to get going. “Sure,” She turned towards the gate with him back to the street. “Follow me, we can ask some of the grocers and jewelers first. You have an amazing home by the way. And staff too, I've never met anyone with home staff, probably helps keep the huge place more homey.” She nodded to the low ledge of a roof just across the street. With an easy hop she was up and lightly jogging across the roofs, keeping her footsteps to soft pats. She didn’t want to bother any villagers with early bedtimes. The roofs varied in heights but the direction across would lead them quickly to the outer edges of the Market Street and just to the rooftop edge of a grocer with an alley to their left. Gradually they would hear the casual night crowd. But it would take ten minutes making it from the high side to the lower middle of the village. Easily she filled this time with questions. Always the curious social butterfly.

She looked over to him with small concern in her gold eyes. “Are you okay by the way?” She wondered, taking in his response along the way.

They would reach the edge of the roof and the small fairy of a girl stopped a few feet back from the edge where the shadow of a tall chimney kept her out of sights. She looked about the grounds for anything out of the ordinary. The young girl knew these streets well. She was either at the training grounds, here or with Mrs. Saito on her porch where the gossipers gathered. Her time in the streets was often lending a helping hand or missions like these. She had helped blossom friendships with many of the merchants that sold their wares. Most of them were elderly but she tended to bond quickly to those in the senior age range - they liked the young who would sit and listen to their life stories.

There wasn’t much she could see from this point, and it was an advantageous point. You could see much of the long street for a few blocks either direction, and with the roof being of a three-story building, you could see much of a few blocks ahead as well. Below she noticed the grocer in mind fixing up his wares of vegetables in crates to a wagon pulled by a graying mule. His stand wasn’t a building like most, he was the traditional type that pulled his wares in day in and out with a blue and green striped awning. He was most famous for his cabbages as they were the sweetest and freshest of any through the market. Meiyo waved at her partner and dropped towards the alleyway, bending her knees to take the weight of her drop and standing easily. She approached the mule with an outstretched hand. The old boy merely huffed and nosed her hand. She scratched it and turned towards the grocer. There were a few crates left. She lifted a stack of three and loaded the cart. “Hello, Gramps,” she spoke coyly. The old man turned to her, first with a scowl and then with a smile.

“Meiyo, good to see you.” He spoke, wiping a sweaty brow with a rag from his pocket. “Have you come for a cabbage? It’s closing time but I’ll make you a good deal. Two for a story!” The young girl shook her head, nodding to her friend.

“We’re here with a question actually,” She spoke. “Have you or any of the others on this block noticed any strange activity?” The old man’s brows furrowed. He folded his arms with a hand on his chin.

“Well, a night or two ago there were some troublesome boys just down the block.” he moved his hand to point towards a storefront with fruit stands and a woman in maybe her early thirties sweeping the sidewalk. “Sueoka Ayano down there, she had been harassed by three boys knocking over her stands, hooting, and hollering. They caused quite a mess.” On the right track then, Meiyo thought.

“Okay,” she said, settling another three crates into the cart as she spoke. “Thank you!” She turned and smiled at Akashi, walking through the crowd down the street. She tried keeping her senses on edge.Though, it was a small surprise to her for what happened next.

She and possibly Akashi were within the dense crowd halfway across the street when she heard the old mule call out loudly. Many pedestrians turned towards the sound. Meiyo immediately slipped through the crowd. Cabbages rolled through the street alongside broken crates. Three tall men were tossing the cart and slapping the mule about. Gramps had been shoved aside and leaned against the building with his hand to his chest coughing. Meiyo didn’t hesitate to circulate and come up to the left side of the building to get herself between Gramps and the troublemakers. She also was able to get a better view.

Three troublemakers. One had a sword on his hip and a scar on the right side of his face. Another with a weapons pouch on his hip was helping the guy with the scar tip the wagon. The third, skinnier than the other two was grabbing cabbages and tossing them about. They were laughing, hooting and hollering not seeming to care at all the crowd was watching. A vein throbbed in Meiyo’s head. What an utter disgrace! she screamed in her thoughts. She shooed Gramps towards the crowd. He struggled but made it to the crowd line. So you can play it sneaky or you can give them a chance to answer for their crimes. They’re bigger than you, and outnumber us by one. Akashi could do exactly what he did yesterday, that would handle one, and the other two I could maneuver. There’s one with a sword, the other two could be armed as well. And we don’t want them getting feisty with the crowd. Akashi is a sword user, match the pair and we could have an advantage. I could take on two, no biggie. I should more than likely give him a window of opportunity. This needs to end quickly before it can escalate. Meiyo flicked her eyes towards Akashi and then towards the swordsman. From yesterday she wasn’t prepared to take on another sword just yet, but she would if she had to. But she figured this could be great practice for him if he was so inclined.

She moved her hands through a series of hand signs, she breathed a ball of wind into her palm. “You have two seconds to stop what you’re doing or we’ll be forced to make you.” She ordered, with the demeanor of authority and her sweet voice braced with the truth of her strength. She was small but she could be threatening, especially when you piss her off. And this, hurting the villagers and tossing their income about, yeah that brought the fury of her soul to rage.

The two tossing the cart were nearest her though they all turned to look at the small girl and bust up laughing.And there’s your window. You’re welcome! she hummed in her thoughts. Her brows were furrowed, her lips were pressed and her gold eyes flicked between the three of them. She had lost the warm smile and was now tense with preparation for the fight. With her Wind Release: Spiralling Wind Ball in hand, she took their laughter as a sign of disrespect and threw it towards the biggest brute among them. She was within three meters of him. He was distracted, practically rolling with laughter, and took the hit in the head. He wobbled, probably concussed. His forehead split and bled with several half inch cuts. His buddy on the right, the skinnier one didn’t take a liking to his friends being hurt.

“Why you-” He huffed flipping through a few hand signs. She didn’t hesitate. In fact the moment she had thrown the wind ball, she closed the distance between herself and skinny guy, anticipating his movement. She turned and struck him on the right of his ribs with a hard fist as he lifted his arms forward. He huffed. Disarmed and disabled. she recanted to herself. He’d be bruised there. She came back up with a left fist towards his throat. She caught him and he was down, but to her surprise the bigger of three managed to get up and swung for her. She had enough sense and space to block when she pulled her punch from her left hand. But her left forearm would be bruised. She didn’t mind, she wouldn’t flinch. Her adrenaline was pumping away and her rage was charging up the will in her heart. She was knocked back a meter only to breath another wind ball into her hand. She threw it realising that her jutsu this time wasn’t going to have the same effect it had before. With the close distance he hadn’t had the chance to do much but throw another arm and take the blow. It’d bruise him, clearly as he grunted from the sting and frustration. Being so much bigger than her it would be easier to keep him at a distance than to take him on close range.

He continued to throw swings at her, she backed away but kept herself a moving target to keep him towards her and not the crowd as he swung. Each swung he took however, she kicked him in the gut. He was bigger than her and it was going to take a few tries to get to him to slow down. He was like kicking a brick wall. She was bruising him but with his dense muscle, well it would take a small dance.  As long as I keep him at bay, I’ll be fine. I wonder how he’s holding up or if he needs a hand. She peeked over to see how Akashi was doing as she evaded another swing. She wondered if he was having as much fun as she. She was angry, but now, moving and deflecting getting hit, she was beginning to have a fun time. If this were a separate situation she would have loved to have this guy as a sparring partner. He was strong, beefy and aggressive even against direct assaults. Too bad, he’s got crimes to answer to. she sighed in her thoughts as a small look of disappointment settled on her face when she looked back at the attack at hand. Her hands relaxed from the punch and came up to her face. She was ready to end this if Akashi needed help, but the man was perspiring wildly and glancing between her and his gang rather nervously. Is he embarrassed? An eyebrow flicked up on her face as her eyes squinted at his facial expressions. It wasn’t just her he was looking at. He seemed a bit pale or flushed as the crowd cheered the two genin on.

Her eyes double blinked at this realization. “Oh, I see.” She spoke softly. Her heart ached to be considerate of his feelings. But she had a job to do and that was to protect the village from roughians like these. With a deep breath she blocked a few swings more and spoke loud enough to be heard. “Yield,” she grit her teeth. It hurt her to hurt him emotionally. “Or I’ll show your gang what kind of coward you are.” He hesitated, looking between her and his gang. In her he would find the face of honesty. An honest face that was done with his crap and hell bent to break him if he persisted. His fists faltered. He seemed unsure. “Answer for your crimes like a man. Yield.”

WC 2224/2838

Chakra 130/150:

Akashi

Akashi

D-rank
Cheerful as ever, the child raised her fist into the air. Grateful for having been brought to the hospital the previous day, she expressed her gratitude to the Hibana. “It was only right that I did.” He replied. She had, after all, been a bloody mess after their short bout, it was impressive that she now stood as if nothing happened. The portrait? For a moment his thoughts lingered, wondering what she had meant. “Oh, right. I had nearly forgotten. Let's talk about it after we complete the mission.” He was unsure. It had only been a day since he had last seen her, but so much had happened with the time in between. The loss he faced to the man he had set his sights on filled his mind. His strength was far from enough, but it only fueled the fire inside him. He would defeat the man. Everything else that didn't lead to his goal seemed irrelevant. For now though, he had a mission assigned to him and he intended to complete it. The girl set a light pace, preferring to keep silent movements for the sake of the few who decided to sleep early. He followed her, mirroring the path she took with every step and kept the same silence that she held. On their way to the marketplace, concerned eyes looked at him. Worried, she had asked him if anything was wrong. With eyes locked forward to their destination, he shook his head. “I'm fine.” He answered, preferring to keep silent and focus on the task at hand.

Finally arriving at the bustling marketplace, the two stayed on a roof silently watching over the area. The marketplace, despite being night, saw crowds gathered at its shops and people walking its streets. It made finding a group of three much harder than he had earlier anticipated. His partner waved at him and dropped down from the roof to ask around the marketplace. This time he didn't follow. Unlike her, he had no one in the area who could provide him with information. While he could've simply asked around the merchants, who would have been more than willing to help, he didn't see the need in having two people doing the same task. He preferred to keep their hunt for the gang on a low profile, and talks spreading of a young man armed with a sword searching for the Litter Bug gang would only do the opposite. Thugs that preyed on the weak would only flee at the sight of strength and unlike his partner, the Hibana’s strength was much less inconspicuous. Deciding to prove his usefulness elsewhere, he moved around the roofs surrounding the market. He looked for a more advantageous vantage point that allowed him cover the most exits and entrances around the area. His eyes locked on momentarily at rainbow haired girl, his partner was talking to an old man and seemed to be doing well.

From families entering the market to vendors going home after a hard day’s work, he watched them all. His hawk like pupils locked from one individual to another in search of the group of thugs. He wasn’t too sure if there was any significant point to scouting around. The likelihood of their targets attacking such a crowded area seemed to dwindle with each passing moment. He and his partner would likely have to search elsewhere, which he had already predicted before their arrival. No one would be stupid enough to attack a crowded area with so many potential threats… right? As if being mocked by the gods for putting effort into strategically hunting down a group of thugs, three men worthy of note came from the marketplace’s southmost entrance. Led by a man with a scarred face and a sheathed blade were two hooligans. The two henchmen were nothing alike, in fact complete opposites. One was a skeleton, skinny with eyes like a dead fish. The other, a beast of a man with more muscles than words in his vocabulary. They were all easy targets. He could've easily taken one of the two henchmen out at a moment’s notice, but he wanted the big fish. From shadow to shadow, he moved silently, stalking his prey and waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike.

His partner moved down the street in search of someone else to talk to, unbeknownst to her that the thugs she had been gathering information about already walked the market. There was no time to warn her, he didn't want to risk being seen and giving up the advantage of a surprise attack. The cabbage stand that his partner had just recently left managed to catch the attention of the thugs most likely due to the defenseless elder tending the shop. Like the true brutes they were, the gang destroyed the elder man’s cabbage stand simply for their own amusement. They laughed and hollered, tossing cabbages to the crowd that had gathered and flipping the carts owned by the vendor. The old man visibly distraught, held his chest in an attempt to hold his emotions from affecting his health. The weak preyed on the weak. It was a disgusting sight to behold. A swift and just end would be brought down to those group of criminals, one that came at the judgement of his blade. The two moved, each in their own way. His partner moved in aid of the old man, getting in between the elder and the assailants to protect the man. Still wrapped in the shadows of his cover, he moved to the highest roof found in the area’s vicinity. The child’s eyes locked to him and then to the scarred man. It appeared as if he and his partner had been thinking the same thing.

With a string of hand signs and an announcement, the girl made her presence known. The group of thugs laughed at her attempt at making an arrest, to no one's surprise they didn't comply. Such were the illogical minds of brutes. Too busy laughing to protect themselves from others who could have easily jumped in, the Hibana took the opportunity to strike. He launched himself, jumping from the highest point of the surrounding roofs. The beams of the moonlight reflected on the silver edge of his sword, yet they blinded no one for in the minds of his prey he had yet to exist. Falling from the sky, he gripped the hilt of his blade in reverse, pointing its edge to the man directly below him. Enhancing the speed from which he descended, he boosted his fall with a burst of chakra coming forth from his shoulders. Before the man could ever comprehend what had happened, he would feel the sting of Ryogi entering his flesh. The scarred man dropped down to his knees, following the blade. His right shoulder tilted downwards with the edge of the blade buried deep within and cutting through the tendons found in the shoulder. Screams of agony erupted from the man’s mouth, but he would be silenced with a swift knee to the chin, knocking him out.

With his partner already having taken down one of the three, all the was left was the dumb brute. He took his bloody sword out from the man’s shoulder and a pool of blood slowly started to form. Slowly, he walked over to the man and his partner, they were stood in a deadlock with the girl slowly gaining the upper hand. The man looked to his fallen gang, and its leader who bled profusely knocked out. Trickles of blood dropped from the blade held with one hand. His narrow eyes, locked to the remaining foe with the blank expression of someone who wouldn't hesitate to spill more blood. “Listen to her.” He spoke. His words more threat than advice. Clearly shaken with his comrades beaten, the man surrendered dropping down on his knees and raising his hands in surrender. Akashi moved to the man, striking the hilt of his blade to his chin and knocking him unconscious to make sure he wouldn’t attempt a getaway while the Hibana and his partner were distracted. Arriving late as always, two members of Konoha’s Military Police arrived on the scene. They asked questions, to the civilians. Akashi had tossed them the mission scroll as they arrived, saving the time needed for them to question the two shinobi. From the looks of things the mission had been completed rather easily. He turned to his partner. “So about that painting.” He continued.

1448 | 2280

Mission WC: 2280/1500

115/130:

Meiyo

Meiyo

D-rank
The brute was as hesitant as she had expected. Though hulking over her, he really was soft in the heart. He wouldn't stand on his own. Such a coward. she scoffed within for once Akashi had managed to complete his task with the other, he handled the brute with swift justice. He collapsed at her feet from a knock to the back of the noggin and was useless, like the rest of his small crew. She turned from him to the scene on hand. All three of them had suffered gory wounds. She took a deep breath as sadness descended on her heart.

Sadness? No... More like disappointment. The little fairy kunoichi pitied these fools. "Such wasted efforts." She huffed under her breath to their unconscious bodies. Between the two of them, they had managed to accomplish their task in a few minutes. She looked beyond them at the crowd that had gathered and approaching Konoha’s Military Police. Akashi handled them well though, sharing their mission statement to fill in the answers to their surprise shared on their faces. Without a word the policemen begun picking up the unconscious men and taking them out of the streets from the view of the still gathered crowd. Meiyo waved awkwardly at the crowd. She smiled to comfort but knew the bloodshed and aggressive behaviors were more than enough to put her efforts to shame. She pressed her lips and turned towards the one member of the crowd she was most concerned about. Gramps, the elderly man slowly approached them with a saddened face of his overturned cart and wares. She went to speak to him, but Akashi spoke first.

“So about that painting,” Akashi commented. Psh, too smooth for his own good. she hummed in her thoughts. Her new friend from the two times of their encounters always carried this air of indifference. So be the son of an enriched clan. Her pressed lips of compassion turned up a bit to a half smile. She was still shifting gears between her uproared feelings of discontent and guilt. but his coy nature was uplifting. Nodding, she turned to her comrade and shoved her feelings inside of her as deep as she could. It was a hard lump to choke down.

"Yes, still owe that to you. What are you up to for the rest of the evening?" She asked as she bent down to lift up a few cabbages from the dirt. "I think I'll help gramps get this mess cleaned up, then I've got nothing planned. When would you have like an hour to spare?" Meiyo worked through separating the good cabbages from the bad and picking up the few pieces of Gramp's cart that had broken, settling them all into the wagon. Gramps was silently, and quite dishearteningly calming his mule who whinnied from the aftershock of tonight's events. Poor man... She worked quickly to get it all cleaned up. Slowly the crowd dispersed and the troublesome gang was withdrawn with the police.

After a few moments, the cart was stocked and the mule was calmer, chewing on some hay Gramps pulled from his pocket. Meiyo reached over and patted the animal softly. A twinkle of tranquility in her gold eyes. Animals could always bring better spirits to a night. "You'll be okay tonight, Gramps?" she asked the old man. He nodded but didn't say much in response. Instead, he just guided his animal down the street towards home.  He seemed to saunter sadly as he walked.

Meiyo kicked some dirt over a few streaks of blood. Sighing heavily she let out the last of her frustrations. "People can be really rude, you know? Disrespectful, ignorant pieces of -" She stopped herself before cursing. Warmth settled on her cheeks. She reached up and tightened her headband instead. "Just the more reason to work harder, so fools like these stop bothering the streets." The cool night air tickled her exposed skin, settling goosebumps all about. With the orange lights of the streets and the now lack of villagers after market closing time, the streets were calm and without the need of her protective spirits.

WC 699/3537

Akashi

Akashi

D-rank
It took awhile before she responded to his words. A faint shadow cast its presence on the face of his partner. The darkness of guilt loomed over her. Though she tried to endure… to conceal her emotions from everyone around her, it would all be too obvious to someone who had once shared the very same look. The Hibana's golden eyes moved to the fallen bandits being carted off by the officials. The scene was a mess, there was a small pool of blood and broken chunks of wood scattered throughout the marketplace. The fight had ruined the place, and it would likely take time for repairs to be made. Sure it was ugly, but it was child’s play compared to what awaited down the path of a shinobi. From the looks of things, this had been the girl's first fight outside of the false visage of sparring that the ninja academy provided. He wanted to confirm, but he didn't think it would help her to ask. Learning to harm others, one day she would have to know how to do so without feeling the sting of guilt that followed… One day she would have learn far worse than just harming others. “You did well, Meiyo.” Right now that was all he wanted to say. Finally she spoke, a forced smile drawn on her lips. “I suppose tonight wouldn't be too terrible.” He paused, turning to the pitch black sky. The moon was young, only showing a quarter of itself to world. “Have you eaten yet?” He asked. “We could have dinner at my residence, we could work on the painting after.” It was still somewhat early, and he thought it would be best for her not to end the night with such a terrible event.

A small silver sparkle caught his eyes, sparking a curiosity within him. “I'll allow you to finish up here.” Just as he spoke, a sudden roar erupted, loud like the sounds of an avalanche. It was his stomach. Hopping from one event to another took its toll on him… or more accurately his stomach. This had been his third fight that day alone, and his chakra was in dire need of a refill. “Just don't take too long.” He would say, playing off the grumbling sound coming from his stomach. Separating from his partner, he moved to the faint glimmer that had caught his attention. He moved a good ten meters away, closer to the officers on the scene. Like his partner they were doing there best to return the area to its previous state. More of the police arrived to escort the criminals away while the rest tended to the area. They were investigating the scene, digging up pieces from the ground in the guise of making repairs. For what? He asked himself. Why all the secrecy, and why the need for an investigation? The bandits had already been caught, and it wasn't like the gang had any greater purpose than simply causing mayhem… unless they did.

The Hibana stopped, at his foot was a silver coin with a strange marking carved on its surface. Bending a knee, he took the coin in his hand and inspected the sigil at its center. It was familiar, he had seen the symbol multiple times before. It was a common marking found amongst the nobilities in the Land of Fire’s capital, the city he had spent majority of his life. How the coin managed to reach Konohagakure was a mystery, but how it got to the hands of third rate thugs was an even bigger question. Suddenly it was clear why the military police were investigating the area so thoroughly. There were details about their mission that was clearly left out of the ears of both him and his partner. The Litter Bug Gang were simply pawns in a grand chess piece… there was something much bigger at play and he would find out what it was. Still unseen by the officers, he decided to claim the coin for himself, sneaking the silver into his pockets. For now he would find out what he could from the officers. He didn’t think it likely that anyone would reveal classified information, but there wasn’t much to lose while he waited for his partner to finish things.

729 | 3009

Mission WC: 3009/1500

-Exit-

Training:

Meiyo

Meiyo

D-rank
Hiding the disappointment was well enough for her for now. A smile all she'd offer as the glint of gold darkened to amber in her eyes, she carried on her duties as he spoke. Though a bit stiffly than normal as she contemplated tonight's events. I wonder what their judgment would be. How harsh and if maybe they'll rethink their current life goals. If it'll be enough... Cabbage here, cabbage there, she balanced them and juggled them into separate crates from the good leaves. “You did well, Meiyo.” he offered. She hesitated and looked up at him. Her smile only broadened. He wishes to pity me? she chewed in her thoughts. Her eyes narrowed to observe him. Or is it he really is genuine? She couldn't always be sure these days. With a shrug, she tipped her chin higher to angle the shadows against the warmth of her cheeks. "You too Akashi!" She sweetly chirped.

He also offered dinner. At first, she'd of declined with a happier expression for getting to the painting right away. She had many, many ideas spinning about her thoughts it was almost overwhelming. But it had occurred to her, and the weakness she felt in her stomach, that she hadn't eaten at all that day. She'd spent much of it chasing training and strategies to better herself and redeem her failure yesterday. Her demeanor changed a bit more strongly as she grew up almost in an instant. Pocketing the darkness as she had learned to do, and sucking up the sunshine. "I'd like that, sure!" She picked up the pace. He wasn't going to be of any help, that was clear from his personality and background. Servants and what not. she laughed in her thoughts. Of course, she didn't want to keep him waiting. "I just need to finish here, grab my supplies and I'll swing by. Of course, you could be help-" then suddenly there was the roar of his stomach, something like a grizzly bursting from its cage. "Yeah, I'll hurry." she laughed, her giggles lifting into the air like bubbles of joy.  

He left, embarrassed it seemed but quite casually. She lifted a crate and turned towards the cart, only to realize in her perception he hadn't left the way she thought he would have. Of course, every road in Konoha took you practically in a circle. But he was towards some officers in uniform that were helping with the cleanup. Strange... She thought to herself. She watched from the back of the wagon, casually cleaning up at an angle. He was merely ten meters off. Not too far and seemed to be interested in the mess of this direction but he wasn't a helper of any sorts. Course she wasn't an expert on behaviors either. He bent down then straightened. Had he dropped something? She didn't think he had dropped something but rather picked something up.

She looked at the redhead and the uniforms. Something connects this. She couldn't be sure. All she had was an eerie feeling that sent shivers and goosebumps down her arms. Strange...Very Strange... She finished with the wagon and watched Gramps leave in his sad saunter before turning back towards the roofline. She hopped up the side and crossed the rooves. Glancing towards the mess and the uniforms. There wasn't much she could tell and no reason to keep her. So off she went towards her little home in the hill to grab her stuff and circle back towards the Hibana manor.

-Exit Thread

WC 607/4144

Mission Req WC 1500
Balance 2644

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.