View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kejido

Kejido

D-rank
Mission name: Obstacle Course Set-Up
Mission rank: C
Objective: Help Set Up An Obstacle Course
Reward: 1 EP
Mission Description: While the genin are busy preparing for the first few trials they will need to go through, or after they have completed the course, you will simply need to reset the traps, or set new ones up.
Mission Details: Fairly straight forward, you can help in a number of ways. By electrifying wire meshes, setting up wire, reloading senbon/shuriken launchers, digging sand traps, or other miscellaneous tasks. Be careful not to set off any of the traps you’re working on, there’s no proctors to rescue you here.

Kejido

Kejido

D-rank
Kejido had found himself uneasy with leaving just yet as his notes and ninja cards just felt lacking. At the very least he wanted to make a little more money while he was here. His showmanship wasn't going to be as valued with people trying to leave. Not to mention he appeared to have lost track of his partner in crime from the first show. As troubling as his disappearance was Kejido assumed the boy had either grown bored or simply homesick. There was no sign of any struggle and the boys things were gone from him room. If anything it all looked voluntary. He had left of his own accord so Kejido was satisfied with a large suite all to himself. Still it had drained most of his funds from the display he had put on the first day and with the event over days later he had stayed plenty. So it was time to replenish his stores and head back out into the world a little before heading home. As painstaking as it was that meant taking the available work after the exams were over. A lot of clean up was going on but that was mostly civilian work. Not much was being done that needed a genins touch. However he knew where to look. His attention would be drawn to the mission hub in the center of town. His next would be destination. Still he was standing in the street outside his hotel. Contemplating if he really wanted the labor.

He would take a deep breath and adjust himself. Straightening his black uniform and his high collar. Red lines stitched into the shoulders and around the neck and cuffs. Making sure each of his bronze buttons were facing forward. His white belt with the bronze buckle were lined up with the center of his uniform as was the ceremonial kunai tucked into his left waist. Sheathed there. Dark slacks were pressed and creased as they were tucked over polished boots. Over his left breast was a single white line with a second line under it showing a white, green and red bar. His headband was stitched into his right shoulder to mark him as a member of Iwagakure's forces. Lastly his white gloves were without stain. The scroll under the sleeve of his right arm was well hidden and connected to his armory chest should he need it. Which he highly doubted. He would move down the street to the mission hub before finding the lower ranked missions virtually untouched at the bottom. His attention drawn to an obstacle course breakdown. He would sign up for it with a notice that an individual would meet him there to start the work with him. He was given a location and turned. Quickly heading to one of the obstacle courses. An up close view would be nice to see after all. It would only take him a short time to get there but he would manage. Once he arrived he adjusted his gloves once again. What a day this would be.

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
“Your soul looks as dead as that rat we found yesterday in the alleyway.” Alpha wittfully reminded. Kisei shuddered at the memory. It was a… eventful evening. On the way back home from a night out at one of the various restaurants and a quiet stroll the the park Kisei wasn’t feeling well and had the unfortunate need to empty his expensive evening dinner into one of the alleyways between buildings. Even more unfortunate that he caught a copulating rat couple who were not too pleased to have noodle-ly human vomit and be smelling like deceased chicken. The shock seemed to paralyze the male, that or he just finished, leaving the other rat to drag into the alleyway to clean the both of them. Suffice to say, Kisei was not proud to admit that he walked away from the poor couple.

“Never tell that story to anyone.” I threatened, poking him with my umbrella. Alpha just cracked up, “I’m serious, I will blast you right now.” Emphasizing his point with the tip of his umbrella. “Alright alright, you know where to find me when you’re done with your little job.” With a sly wink Alpha flashed out of the scene, leaving Kisei alone on the obstacle course.

An average day in the land of Lightning was actually a lot like the land of wind. Except less wind. Like, a lot less. Maybe it was just the season they were in. Though at least they had cloud cover. There was never enough cover in the sand village. Just how I liked it- Whoa there. Calm your serpent there Kisei, you’re in public, kinky- Is there a boy around me, there has to be if I’m acting this- Oh my goodness who is this handsome devil? Kisei cautiously approached the other solitary figure hovering around the work site. Did his sign up sheets actually work? Wouldn’t be the first time his workshop advertisements worked out of the region. Actually it would be, Kayn’s was a special case if I remember. Well he didn’t have time to waste on another item request. He was already busy moping around as it is. Better get this sorted out sooner than later.

As the other boy approached him it became harder not to notice the imperial presence they seemed to carry around them. The uniform was immaculate, and those gloves…- Boy, I’m gonna smack you back into your mother if you can’t get a grip. Despite his internal conflict Kisei kept a relatively blank, and slightly irritated air around him

“I assume you’re here for the weapons?” Kisei inquired. Switching the grip on his umbrella to allow him to unzip his jacket and pulled the right half open, displaying numerous pockets full of batteries and the odd occasion kunai. Raising an eyebrow to the man he then suggested, “Or are you here for the obstacle course?” his voice even. Letting his jacket go to flip his umbrella open with a thick flip of the wrist, bringing it above his head. “If so you’ve come to the right place. I’m actually all out of weapons at the moment.” Kisei chuckled.

Kejido

Kejido

D-rank
Kejido would watch the grounds before him as he looked over the burn marks and scrapes here and there. A small battleground filled with the memories of its contestants. His silver eyes noting each detail as he began to figure out the plotted path of those who had moved through it. Some from memory of watching and some just from obvious details. He wouldn't consider himself a tracker by any means but traps that were already set off were less dangerous. His eyes shifted to the few spaces that were untouched. No one had crossed through those zones. If nothing else they appeared peaceful. As if one could just go lay down in the grass or sit back against a wall and be fine. The traps there were well hidden and unbothered. He would rate those as the dangerous spots. Ranking them by how easily he could hide a trap within them. An electric thread here, a bear trap there. He could understand why they didn't care to risk their own. There were plans on where traps were supposed to be placed but the notes may as well have been just scratches on paper. Their handwriting was atrocious, they had no idea if the traps were placed right and they weren't here to oversee. He would pick up the papers in his gloved hands as he approached a table before he would notice he was being approached. His silver eyes shifting once more before he would set down the papers. Running a hand through his dark locks.

The young man would approach him looking surprisingly shady for an individual at a work zone. He would approach him and shift his umbrella to unzip his long coat and Kejido considered himself ready to stab a pervert. He was in no mood to be flashed right before work. Still the young man would show a few kunai and some devices or another before closing his coat and stating he was pretty much dry on weapons. Kejido would frown a moment but supposed there were all types. Had he been of mind to purchase some kunai he would simply do so through official channels later. Instead he would take in a breath before picking up the stack of papers once more and idly handing them over to the young man before his gaze shifted back to the exam grounds. Speaking calmly with a slight accent. "I happen to be here for work today mate. Nothing more. As you might notice from the chicken scratch there the prior organizers, the locations of the traps are difficult to decipher. All they expect from us appears to be disabling one or two traps each." He would hold the papers out for a moment. If they were taken he would take no motion to recover them, ever. However he would turn to look at the exam grounds. Already looking for hints as to what trap he would be aiming for and how to go about it. A plan forming in his head.

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
The other man promptly explained his situation here, a purely business related deal. Holding out a paper that contained some crude drawings of, which he realized, were supposed to be the depiction of course's tricks and traps. Embarrassing... Kisei thought, honestly. The Ushinatta turned his attention back to the other man. Though Kisei had been serious in his inquiry it did not seem to amuse the man. He supposed everyone had their own temperaments and quirks, not sure if lack of them could be considered one, though that didn’t really concern the Ushinatta did it? The accent felt slightly offensive, he’d ignore that for now.

Looking on the childish drawing he decided to pass on it. "I'll be alright, I ran through the course myself, I know where all the traps are at. Besides, I think that would do more harm than good to me." He reason. "You have fun though, I'll start on the opposite end and meet you in the middle?." Kisei suggested. Regardless of what the other said he'd nod and go about his own plan anyway. Already moving towards his self-assigned end of the track. He was much better working solitary.

This brought back some memories. He remembered sabotaging the other genin at the start. That brought a grin to his face. While Kisei wasn't sure that was technically allowed the proctors didn't give him any trouble for it. Fun times.

Both sides were relatively clear at the start, just a few stray steel wires, couple senbon in hard to reach places. The mundane stuff. As you got closer to the end things heated up pretty quickly. Some of the senbon launchers hadn't quite run out of ammo and were still pretty functional. Frightening to the unsuspecting but child's play to the well prepared. With a swipe of his umbrella he deflected the senbon.

Pulling a trash bag out of his back pocket he unrolled the plastic and whipped it open before gathering the fallen senbon and its launcher into the puncture proof bag.

More wires, more senbon. You'd think they're be more variety to these exams? Kisei shrugged. To be fair they did taken down the furniture mountain and fill the square pit back up. I wonder which poor fool they had exploited for those particular jobs. He wondered. It was probably some kumopgakure shinobi. The furniture owners probably wouldn't take to well to foreign ninja handling their expensive furniture.

"Not too bad if I do say." Well, looking around, Kisei taken down more than 'one or two' traps. A lot of them were still suspiciously well loaded however... Either way he was still alive and a good chuck of the day was still open to take a nap and relax. First off, he needs to check on his partner. Carefully rolling the spikey bag on his back he walks over to wherever his partner is on the obstacle course.

505 + 541 = 1046

Kejido

Kejido

D-rank
Kejido would nod as his partner claimed inner knowledge of the event before watching him leave to go about his own half. His silver eyes watched the boy leave his side for a time before he flicked his right wrist and produced a ninja info card. Glancing at the picture and the stats before back after the boy. Fairly average combat stats but rumored to have an incredibly high intellect. His progress in the exams had made it decently far. Especially considering his opponents. Still with another flick of his wrist the card would be gone once more. Turning as he would walk along the edge of the perimeter and studying as he walked. He recalled watching a couple of individuals on this course. Reviewing their starting points and how they had progressed along the course. He would take pause at one of the starting spots. Retracing as best he could their movements. Moving as he calculated their gait to step where they did. His memory wasn't perfect as a spectator though. When his foot clicked down he heard a kunai load into a launcher to his left. A split second before it fired. Just enough time for him to shift his weight and lean back as it soared right in front of his face. His right hand lifting to snag it out of the air. Noting a wire tied to it. He would quietly yank on the wire with some power behind it before pulling the launcher out of the bushes and catching it with his left. A single use kunai launcher that was loaded. Figures.

He would wrap it all up including the pressure sensor on itself before continuing on. He was nearing the center having not activated anything as his gaze once more fell upon his would be mission partner. He appeared to have had more luck with his gathering. Having been here before likely helped. Still Kejido would note a trip wire the young man was about to step across. With a sigh Kejido would launch forward. Crossing the distance between them in the second it took for the trip wire to get triggered if he didn't see it or in time to join the boy in avoiding it. Either way the trip wire was sensitive from having held too long and it snapped one way or another. Something clicked and suddenly the wall from a building next to them burst as a large log was launched straight out. Hoping to catch someone across the knee and take them down. Instead Kejido would make sure both of them were clear of it with a step and one arm holding Kisei out of harms way. Once it was done Kejido would take a kunai and disable the trap before marking its location for recovery. With that done he would turn in his trap he had found and make a peace sign before flickering off into the day. Intent on getting more done with himself.

1500 +
Exit thread Mission accomplished

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
He was walking towards his partner, about to tell him that he had cleared his end of the trial when the man surged forward. Kisei’s entire view was focused on Kejido, his strong sturdy body pressing flush against him. He could’ve sworn he heard a wall break down but he misunderstandingly attributed that to his personal space breaking against Keijido’s hard muscles. Moving a bit quickly aren’t we!? He wanted to say. But soon the he understood what really happened. Once everything had settled down he looked around to see that a log had broken through the wall, probably one of the trial’s traps. Rightening himself back to his feet he turned to thank them but they had already moved on, waving farewell, sort of, with a peace sign. Kisei, still sort of dazed he weak from the sudden contact with the stunningly handsome man, walked over to the proctor’s office, dropped off his items and went back home. Still giddy and smiley.

When he got home he wasn’t any better. When his brother asked him what exactly happened at work Kisei murmured an answer that Alpha couldn’t quite catch, right before crawling into bed.

It was a shame I never got his name, he was so cute…. Kisei lamented. Remembering how warm his body was from the heat of the sun and the work they both did. He imagined the soft comforter and the pillow pressed behind his back was faintly clad muscles, holding him close to the handsome man. Kisei snuggled closer into the bed. Slowly relaxing into the warm sheets. Desperately craving for the affections of someone he couldn’t have. When Kisei opened his eyes unbidden tears started to build up behind his eyes.

“Thought you missed me I did. Maybe I was wrong.” They joked, smiling brightly at the Ushinatta. They moved their hand to cup Kisei’s cheek and for a while there, he let himself believe that they were real.

Kisei tried to explain himself, to assure them that he still loved them. “Please. I love you so much-” They shushed him. “I know. I know.” A peaceful silence befell the two of them for a while before the ghost of a memory spoke. “Life has been hard on the two of us, especially on you.” They smiled kindly, as if they weren’t just a figment of his warped imagination, as if they could understand how he felt, as if they wanted to comfort him. He couldn’t take it anymore and let his tears fall against the pillow. “Please. I just want you to forget about me and be happy.” Kisei shook his head and reached out for their hand.

“So long as I live, and even beyond that, I will never forget my first love, the one who taught me how two hearts beat together.”

[Exit]

[Mission Complete]

1046 + 483 = 1500+

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.