You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lynn Uchiha

Lynn Uchiha

D-rank
Mission Intel:

Well, Lynn supposed it was about time he helped out with the Chuunin Exams. He didn't plan on joining them, as he wasn't really one to fight, but he at least figured it would benefit him in some shape or form to help out, whether it be for social gain or a reward of some type. He wasn't really told what he'd get for it, but at least the experience would serve as something of worth if him and his unknown partner in the chance they get nothing. For Lynn, it was mostly going to be experience with working alongside his peers again, of which he has not done since joining in the ranks of Kumogakure. Hopefully, this would be positive; complete silence, or friendly bantering. If it turned to an argument or such, he would consider it negative. Considering fate hadn't been on his side asides the fact he survived his home's destruction, he assumed it would be the latter, but at least made an effort to give the unknown the benefit of the doubt.

As of now, the young Uchiha currently awaited his partner at the mission site, clutching the cameras beside him tight while he sat to make sure they were not stolen. He couldn't really watch over them due to his inability to see, so this was his better alternative. He figured he wouldn't have to wait too long, since he had gotten there ten minutes earlier than they were supposed to be, but if he was being honest, he expected them to be late. That was out of the fact most doing these types of tasks never took it seriously, or simply liked to make a dramatic appearance. Thankfully for him, if it was dynamacy, it would be unremarkable as he would not be able to watch it in action. This brought the smallest smile to his face. Pros of being sightless, he told himself. If only he knew the truth.

The mission site itself was near the ruins of old Kumogakure, a somewhat ghastly sight to those with workable eyes; moss occasionally paired with cracks in the walls of the complex, but said cracks providing wonderful places to hide any waiting wires from the cameras he protected, though he'd have to rely on his partner to label these for him in that case, unless he could feel it himself. In all honesty, the whole task would have taken twice as long if he were by himself, so he was glad he'd have someone tagging along at least to direct him. He just hoped it wasn't into a pitfall trap. But hey, he had more faith in some people than that...probably. As he started to near his patience's end, he began to hum to himself in a one, two, three pattern, over and over, while feeling the structure of the cameras to make sure he could get a good grip of them while placing them in their designated spots, and testing the length of the wires themselves. Might as well make use of this time productively.

[WC: 524/1500]

Tenjin

Tenjin

D-rank
Tenjin woke up on this date with a spring to his step. After leaving the housing that was provided to Tenjin by the Kumogakure government due to the game in the Iwagakure section of the village, he made his way to the Chunnin exams. Tenjin was just promoted to the genin rank and thus wasnt qualified to enter the tournament, and considering that the next exam is next year, he doesnt expect to ever enter a Chunin exam. Tenjin will have to rank up the old fashion way, and that is with hard work. Time had been kind to him, since Tenjin calculated making it to his assignment right at the start time. Tenjin could have made it earlier, but it was time to explore another land. The air was warm and moist with a light breeze and the sky was partially cloudy, a perfect day to go for a walk in Kumogakure. The young shinobi pulled out the map of Kumogakure provided by the tournament officials and began planning a route to his destination that would also equal sightseeing. While reading said map Tenjin noticed an elderly woman walking by with too much groceries for her to carry.

Her clothes looked rather tattered like she’d been sowing them back together for years. Despite that, she herself seemed rather clean, although her hairstyle wasn’t quite normal. But that could easily be a defense mechanism so that people would think she’s crazy and not bother her. That or she was no longer able to properly style it in the intricate way she used to. Tenjin shrugged it off and the shinobi wannabe walked over to the woman. "Hi, may I help you with that ma’am." As he spoke he couldn't help but notice an interesting trinket that the woman was holding. It wasn't anything special but it seemed to put him in a trance. Then the woman spoke.

"Oh, thank you young man." as soon as she spoke, the trance was gone. She gave Tenjin the groceries and then kept walking. "Excuse me." Tenjin said as he closed the gap between them, standing in front of her. "What is that thing on your wrist?" The woman looked down at her right hand. "Oh, this old thing..." She looked to the left and right checking for eavesdroppers, even though there was no one around. "It’s genjutsu." She said with the innocence of a child.

A weird look must've appeared on Tenjins face because the woman quickly assured him. “You must have got caught in the trance. Its a genjutsu that is triggered by this bracelet, and its released by my voice. It’s a weapon I attained when I worked in the Kumogakure ANBU force.” Tenjin was amazed that this old lady, frail looking and all was ever an ANBU. But the thing interested him so he quickly changed his attitude. "Really? Can I hold it? I want to get a better look at it." She glared at him for a moment. “No.” she laughed a little and said. “Nobody has ever worn this bracelet but me. I don’t think anybody ever will since I want to be buried with this old thing.”

Tenjin walked the women to her house while discussing the training she put up with to get to that rank. After the encounter, Tenjin realized that he will have to save sightseeing for after the mission since the time was closing in. Tenjin darted to his destination and when close enough, he pulled out his mission dossier. A description of the shinobi was given by the ‘report’ and because of this, Tenjin was able to see his teammate for this mission due to his flowing green hair. Apparently, its a ninja from another village as well, and his name is Lynn Uchiha. Tenjin got close and put his hand out to shake, “You must be Uchiha, Lynn.”

[WC 647/1500]

Lynn Uchiha

Lynn Uchiha

D-rank
Why did they have to make him wait so damn long? He could have sworn that Tenjin must have had a more comfortable childhood, due to his voice, his mannerisms, and the fact he was almost late. Being carefree was never really something Lynn could mix with, nor relate to, as he preferred to keep himself busy at all times, to follow the rules, and keep his head down, especially after losing his home for a second time. It was just easier that way, and less pain was allowed into his already conflicted psyche. Thankfully for his peer, Lynn would not scoff or berate them this day. As he had learned, accidents would happen sometimes, and it was never a great idea to judge another person on the outside. That being said, the prickly Uchiha made no haste in interrogating Tenjin, as at the end of the day, he was still rather irritated.

"...Yes, I'm Lynn. You're Tenjin, correct? I don't mean to sound rude, but I'd like to understand why you were almost late. This is an important job, you know...and I wish to get it done as soon as possible. We both have activities we would rather do, I'm sure. If it's really too much, though,
don't worry about it; just make sure you help me figure out where to place the cameras. You're my eyes today."

Despite his lack of vision, Lynn managed to grasp at the young Shinobi's hand, as his training allowed at least a bit of prediction due to the sound the wind made whenever anything moved through it. Not to mention, it was not like Tenjin was trying to hide his presence either, so an untrained movement like that would not phase him. Either way, the Uchiha shook it out of pure necessity, not exactly thrilled at being stuck with any sort of partner he did not pick out himself. That being said, the soft, kind version of himself simply told him to stop being so stubborn and deal with them for a while. It was the truth, in all honesty, as he only had first impressions to go off of. As far as these go, he'd give it a six out of ten, much higher than some others he had met. Maybe he'd make a new lifelong friend? He doubted it. From the little he knew, they came from a completely different village, and would not be here for much longer after the exams ended. For all intents and purposes, he was to consider this a one night stand. How ironic.

Meanwhile, for Tenjin's own sake, a little description of Lynn's appearance, shall we? When getting closer, they would notice his rather girlish physique, which paired well with their forest green hair. If it weren't for the slight hint of masculinity in their voice, or maybe the report, it would be impossible to tell if he was a guy or a girl. It was a rather awkward situation. How would they react to this, alongside the fact he claimed to be blind? The only way he could even tell it was true was his eyes would not follow movement, despite not being cloudy at all. Who was this guy, and why was he so weird?

[WC: 558 + 524 = 1082]

Tenjin

Tenjin

D-rank
Tenjin noticed the shinobi begin to speak to him. The green haired kid began to talk to Tenjin as he knew him. Tenjin was of course bothered by this considering that Tenjin is very meticulous with him movements in this shinobi world, a rigorous training, bountiful studies on a nightly and daily basis to go from an average citizen in Iwagakure to a full fledged shinobi that is capable of defending his land with the Sencho Teachings. All of this was running through Tenjins mind as he was equally hazzeled with the task of listening to this entitled to power Uchiha. As soon as the shinobi finished speaking, Tenjin responded, “I am Tenjin, and please, no need to be passive aggressive with me. You are indeed being rude, and all who know me know that I am very strict with my time and am never late to anything. This is an important job which is why I have planned to finish it on time.” Tenjin was rather confused by this Uchihas tone and hurry to get going and do this mission so quickly. The mission was going to get done, and Tenjin doesnt have extra leissure activities, its all training and missions for him and if not doing one or the other he is learning to become  a better shinobi.

For Lynn own sake, it would be best that the pair keep some sort of safe distance from each other. When Lynn grasped at Tenjins hands after dictating that he will have to be Lynn’s eyes, Tenjin quickly jerked his hand away. Tenjin is not used to close contact with anybody, especially outside of his village and clan. He is of course a 10 year old who became a genin after an intense career in academia. Graduating college at an early age tends to make one focus on their studies rather than connecting with people. All of Tenjins mannerisms, and knowledge was self taught rather than a product of his biology or nepotism, hence why he never really liked the special bloodlines after studying them in class. Which is another reason why he didnt want to touch the Uchiha, they are a curse to the shinobi world after all they have done to nearly destroy it.

After the sudden jerk away, Tenjin knew that the tension was going to build slightly so he began to speak. “I apologize, Im just not used to meeting new people yet. Tenjin had a better idea as to how to assist the shinobi so that he could gain more independence” Creating chakra strings leading to the locations that are 30m away, Tenjin then said, “If you are able to feel the strings, just follow the thread and place the cameras facing outwards in these locations. I will place them in more complex areas.” Tenjin wondered to see if he would take offense to this, which he hoped he didnt as he wanted to ask the Uchiha “Why do you want to be a shinobi while blind? Do you still think you’re strong without sight because you are an Uchiha?” Tenjin wanted to test the young shinobis arrogance, and not caring how he felt he just wanted to finish the mission and collect his reward.
Sorry not Sorry :
WC: 540

TWC 1,187 / 1,500

Lynn Uchiha

Lynn Uchiha

D-rank
It was clear to Lynn there would be some form of ongoing tension between the two, though for whatever reason it did feel a little hurtful when his hands were pushed away. Not that he minded it too much; physical contact was not something he partaken in regularly, and this was more for formal introduction rather than a guidance to his handicap. At the very least, the young Shinobi before him had decided to help out by attaching chakra strings to his body, which Lynn silently thought as a genius move on this stranger's part. Maybe they could get along, given less turbulent circumstances, but his own intentions on avoiding anything permanent was hurting these chances. Damning himself, he simply took in Tenjin's apology, after the berating, of course, and would wonder whether either saw him for what he was, or what most would see him as; an arrogant Uchiha. He hoped this was not the case, for he truly hated them with a burning passion, to the point of his blood boiling whenever mentioned. It would not be a very fun conversation piece for the two, at all, and would most likely end horribly as a result. That being said, maybe Tenjin would see the signs of heavy burdens upon Lynn as they walked, his ignorant and rude attitude quickly diminishing to quiet and uncomfortable. Wanting to break this, the boy would speak up again, although with a much lighter and meek tone than before.

"...I appreciate the strings you made here.
Quite genius, honestly...I only grabbed your hand so we could shake, but I guess you got the wrong idea. I'm sorry for that...and my rudeness. Can we start over, by any chance?"

Lynn doubted that this would soften up his partner, but it was at least worth the try to be remorseful. It was like him to be cold-shouldered, but thinking it over, he realized he was indeed rude to them, and this would not be tolerated. Uchiha are known for it, so as such, he didn't want to be either. It was a test for them both no matter what, a clashing of clans and ideology, most likely. Only the higher ups knew what would come of the events of this day. To keep himself occupied and not on this depressing train of thought, he keenly listened in on the nature that was close to the ruins, the rustling of leaves and grass along with the movement of tiny animals. Nature, as dangerous as it was, was equally as beautiful, and Lynn could at least be glad that their society was somewhat capable of keeping it intact despite their need for resources. Who would ever want to take away the mystical and loving nature their singular mother had given them? His clan, obviously. This would be a fine day, he told himself silently. It won't turn out bad...right?

[WC: 494 + 1082 = 1576/1500]

Last edited by Lynn Uchiha on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tenjin

Tenjin

D-rank
Tenjin noticed that the older genin looked uneasy when Tenjin mentioned the Uchiha. While working he wondered, and thoughts came across some of his University studies. This may be due to some type of self-hating or self-loathing, to use a pejorative term for an Uchiha shinobi who is alleged to hold anti-Uchiha views. Similar accusations of being uncomfortable with one's Uchiha bloodline were already being made by groups of Uchiha against each other after the legendary Madaras destruction. But then again, this type of shinobi is rare, as mostly all Uchiha are cursed with the sin of pride as Tenjin believes. So this is speculation due to the fact that this shinobi was also hard to read, even in regards to his gender as the shinobi appears androgynous. Tenjin just tends to lean to his familiar when dealing with this type ambiguity. The shinobi then began to speak while both were hard at work setting up cameras.

Tenjin felt the need to reply as he wanted to know more about this shinobi, and especially about the Uchiha clan first hand. Tenjin had no problems with this shinobi and he wanted to make it known, “I guess I should be apologizing as well, if even for the sakes of our village.” Tenjin knew that the genin of the present day are the leaders of tomorrow, so to make an enemy now would be foolish unless necessary. As an ANBU, tenjin views himself as an extension of the government, and he would like to act as a representative as such. Tenjin then began to speak, “We are done with this mission, so how about we bring this in and continue a new, and a lot easier mission.” Tenjin then began to set up the last camera before he turned to the older shinobi to say, “I want to know more about the Uchiha, my knowledge is strictly limited to loar and history textbooks, but getting it from the source is rare.” There are Uchihas in Iwa, but Tenjin has just recently become a Genin and his circle of acquaintances is limited, and Tenjin then thought that this is a golden opportunity to also ask about their Kage. “I expect you also know your Raikage quite well too huh? Have you ever met him?” Being his first time in a foreign village, Tenjin was intrigued with the culture and the differences and especially their Kage since Iwagakure has been recently governed by a cartel of councilors.

EXIT THREAD

ENTER THIS MISSION: The Legacy of Kumogakure

WC: 413

TWC +1,500 / 1,500

Lynn Uchiha

Lynn Uchiha

D-rank
A reply was not given for a rather long time during the setting of the cameras. Lynn was not sure of the time it took, exactly, but from the warmth of the sun fading, he could sense it took them at least two hours to complete their task. It wasn't exactly a hard one, as the cameras weren't exactly the heaviest, nor were the walls they hung them along the tallest; but despite this, he felt himself falter at the growing silence between the two, as if he completely skewered any attempts at sewing it back together. If this was the case, Lynn had no one but himself to blame, as was normally the case. All he could say for himself was that he wasn't prejudiced based on his heritage out in the open, even if that's what he suspected was a part of their problem. It was only a matter of time before this mission ended, and they were to depart, though instead of the continuation of complete and utter wordless gazes, Lynn finally got the response he so desperately desired. To say the least, he was both surprised and bothered by it on different degrees.

Of course, the surprise came from the simple fact Tenjin had apologized to him, kindly in fact. It brought a sense of overwhelming warmth in his heart, though he concealed it with as much conviction as possible to not let on how intensely he felt about the situation. The same would be true for what the Iwa Shinobi before him would ask afterwards; information about his clan, the Uchiha. Warmth was replaced with a deep abyss in his stomach, certainly clear he was not going to tell him such a thing when it was almost time to go anyway. His final question was whether or not he had met the Raikage, as well as his thoughts on them. Truth be told, the green-haired Genin never really encountered them before personally. However, he held some respect for him, as not only did he welcome him with open arms to Kumogakure after the destruction of Sunagakure, the rest of the refugees of that terrible tragedy were as well. That was enough for Lynn, in his eyes, just that the Raikage was kindhearted enough to take in a whole entire Village of people if need be. Regardless of his feelings about the whole debacle, Lynn's words in reply to Tenjin and his two questions were short and to the point, which would lead to them both heading off to their respective resting areas for the rest of the night.

"...I think you for forgiving me, Tenjin. However, I'm afraid I'm not comfortable with talking about my clan's past; at the very least, not when it's so close to nighttime. I do see us meeting again sometime in the future, saying this, so maybe I'll talk to you about it when that time comes. As for the Raikage...I never met him. That being said, the way he took in the refugees from Sunagakure, after that horrible event which took place, is enough for me to have respect for him. I seek no relations to him asides a fellow Villager. Now...it's late, like I've said...so I bid you goodnight. We'll see each other another day."

[FWC: 564 + 1576 = 2140/1500]

EXIT THREAD - Mission Complete! 1500/1500

Leftover WC Usage:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.