You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Myrddin

Myrddin

A-rank
Mission:

Raphael stood in front of the mission board at the administration office, looking at all the different missions that were posted up for visitors wishing to help out around the village could do. He had been in the village for a few days now and thought it was about time that he gave a little back to the village as they had been so kind to him these past few days. One thing stood out among all the rest, it seemed they needed a few extra hands to help set up cameras in the ruins of old Kumo for one of the trails for the Chuunin Exams. Raphael headed out the door and out into the street filled with tourist as well as the villagers themselves, Raphael pulled the hood of his cloak over his head and started to make his way to the spot the flyer had said to meet one of the proctors for further instructions and the gear that needed to be set up, all in all it sounded like an easy enough job he thought to himself as he made his way down the crowded street. Despite the fact that there was no deadline on the flyer about when the job had to be done, Raphael did not want to waste a lot of time and so he moved himself quickly through the crowd of talking tourist taking in the sites. Once he got through and had a little more room to move he picked up the pace a little more, but it soon became obvious to the boy that he would not reach his destinations taking the main streets with all the tourists. He darted into the nearby alley kicking off the ground and then jumping back and forth between the two buildings until he had reached the roof top, something he use to do all the time back home. Looking around he did not see anyone else on the rooftops, "well hopefully I won't get in trouble for being up here" he said aloud as he started his way across the roof tops able to move at a much faster rate now that he had an open area to run without worrying he would run into somebody. He was able to reach the outskirts of the ruins in a matter of minutes choosing to walk down on the streets now as there was not another soul around, it didn't take him long to reach his destination greeting the proctor who was waiting, "hello, I am here to offer my help however I can" he said with a slight bow. "Ah yes it will be just a few minutes, I'm still getting everything setup, please take a seat if you wish," the man instructed pointing to the nearby bench. Raphael nodded moving to sit down and allowing the man to return to his work, 'hopefully this won't take long' the boy thought to himself as he sat down and looked out at the landscape.

Chigetsu Hōzuki

Chigetsu Hōzuki

Dead
This was primarily supposed to be an opportunity for Chigetsu, and he would loathe to not properly capitalize on it. Even though he had not qualified to actually participate in the exams watching them would still be a great experience. Between events, there was no reason he couldn't supply his labor and talents as a ninja in order to make some quick cash as well. In addition to the ryo incentive, leaving how to deal with the bureaucracy of Kumogakure and navigating this foreign village were invaluable experiences he had no intention on passing up. He had taken care to prepare the documents allowing him to take missions in Kumogakure back while in Kirigakure preparing for the exams, so it was as simple as displaying his documents and signing off on some waivers. It would be an excellent opportunity. The only problem was for Chigetsu to actually get to where the mission was being held. Whatever "Old Kumo" was, Chigetsu couldn't find a single mention of it in any tourist guides. Getting directions from strangers on the streets seemed somewhat unbefitting of a ninja, and so Chigetsu simply opted to find it on his own. Kumogakure was only so big after all. He would have to find it eventually.

It took Chigetsu way too long to actually find it. It felt like nearly forever, although in the back of his mind he knew that was just his impatience. Old Kumo, somewhat unsurprisingly, had been an old section of Kumogakure that was reduced to ruins. Already short on patience, Chigetsu would dash his way towards the important looking man holding a clipboard. This had been the proctor for the mission, as Chigetsu had assumed. Anyone with a clipboard was sure to be important in some way. The Mist-Nin's lateness had apparently made a poor impression on the man already, who looked down at the boy with a look of disdain. "It's about time you've shown up. I was beginning to expect you were trying to make a mockery of Kumogakure." The proctor would scribble down a few words on the clipboard, which coincided with Chigetsu's heart dropping. Already off to a bad start. The boy sighed softly, turning away from the obviously irritated man as soon as he was able. There had been a variety of benches brought out for the variety of people to wait in while all the participants to the mission arrived, and now that Chigetsu noticed there were actually quite a lot. It actually did seem like he was the last person here, seeing as nearly every seat had already been taken. The only place left for him to sit was beside some blonde male who seemed to be appreciating the scenery, and so Chigetsu quickly sat beside him.

"Alright."" The proctor would clear their throat, tapping his pen down against the clipboard for added effect. This immediately caused the idle conversation between the collected genin quickly hushed. Only then would the proctor continue. "Now that everyone has arrived, we may begin. Everybody here should already known the details of the mission, but just in case I will repeat them. The objective is to split into groups of two and set up the supplied camera equipment and metal wire as instructed. Everybody will be recieving a small pack with the required equipment, and an instructional map designating where specifically you are required to place this equipment... Does everyone understand?" The proctor wouldn't wait for a response. "Great. Split yourselves up into groups of two and get to work."

Chigetsu froze. Split into groups? Nobody made any mention of required teamwork during the mission. Especially for a mission that he had signed up for by himself. He had been unprepared for this. Flashbacks of his time in the academy sprung into his head. Immediately he would turn, directing his attention to the blonde who he had been sitting beside. "... Uh."

[WC: 660]

Myrddin

Myrddin

A-rank
Raphael's mind wondered as he looked out into the ruins that once stood as part of the great village hidden in the clouds, the site reminded him of the ruins he found where the once great village hidden in the sand had stood only days before. There was so much destruction in this world, always destruction, though his memory of the night was not complete he could still hear the screams, still smell the smoke, and the fire that created it, worst of all was the sight of the beast that had ultimately destroyed the village during its rampage through it. Raphael's thoughts slowly brought him back to reality, and needless to say the boy was shocked by the amount of Shinobi that had turned out to perform the task nearly every seat was taken save for the one next to him. 'I can't believe that I was so zoned out that I didn't hear a single one of theae people approach,' he thought to himself as he looked around him, he was getting sloppy and that was something he could not allow. Raphael went back to looking at the scenery as he was still waiting for the proctor to give them the all clear for going into the area to set up the cameras, Raphael made sure to strain his ears so he would be able to hear the proctor should the mission begin or hear any others that approached. He would do better not to get so lost in his thoughts this time he told himself as he went back to looking out at the landscape known as old Kumo. It wasn't long before he heard the sound of approaching footsteps that his attention was brought back to his surroundings, he looked to see a young white haired boy that looked to be around Raphael's age. The proctor did not seem happy with the arrival of the new boy talking to the boy rudely before the boy walked over to where Raphael sat with his head down, a few moments later the proctor began his debriefing about the mission. 'Finally' the boy thought to himself as he began listening to the man's description of the job ahead, Raphael already knew what was expected so he kinda drifted in and out of listening to the man, but then he heard him say something about splitting into groups of two and it drew his attention back. "Wait what? There was nothing about needing a partner in the flyer" he said in objection, but the man was gone before he got all the words out. The boy looked around to see that most of everyone was already in a group, save for the boy that sat next to him with the same look on his face that Raphael had on his. "Name's Raphael, I guess we will be working together?" As he spoke Raphael extended his hand out to shake the boys, "you would think they would put all the info on the flyer huh."

Raphael would then stand and walk over to one of the cases the man had left, inside the case was five cameras some wire and a map. Raphael picked up the cameras putting them into his pack before picking up the wire and map and then looking at his new partner, "you want to lead the way?" He asked offering the boy the map, should the boy accept the offer Raphael would follow him to their destinations.

589/1092

Chigetsu Hōzuki

Chigetsu Hōzuki

Dead
Getting chewed out by the proctor for arriving late had already thrown Chigetsu off guard. Seeing everybody else match up almost immediately and walk away worsened it. It would have been a bit better if everybody else was in the same unaware position as he had been, but as it turned out he was just a fool. The one ounce of comfort he was able to receive came from seeing this blonde's expression coated with the same mix of awkwardness and obliviousness that Chigetsu knew must be written all over his own face. A bit of the fear left him from the other's casual introduction though, and Chigetsu was able to pivot into a smile. "I'm Chigetsu Hōzuki, from Kirigakure."  He would take Raphael's hand as soon as it was offered, giving a firm handshake in return. A smile and firm handshake were always great ways to make good first impressions. At least, Chigetsu read that in a book somewhere. "Yeah... I was wondering that too. Maybe it's a test to see how we react when given incomplete information?" The male would offer a half shrug, trying his best to not look all too nervous.  

He would follow behind as Raphael left and walked over to the cases. Given how badly Chigetsu had already seemed to have bunged up this mission, it would be better for him to allow the other to lead. He paid a close eye to everything they collected as well. Each of the five cameras would be mentally checked off as Raphael placed them in the bag. The length of metal wire and map would be noted mentally as well. Everything seemed well for now, but as far as Chigetsu knew there could be some intentional sabotage included. It made absolutely no sense when they were doing this to assist with the exams but given how the mission flyer already seemed to be messing with them it was something Chigetsu was now suspicious of. Either that or Kumogakure just had strangely messed up regarding the administration of this particular mission. Either way, it was good to be careful with the remainder of their job.  

Chigetsu would be immediately roused from his thoughts as Raphael glanced at him. "You want to lead the way?" Without a second thought, the male would take the offered map, unfurling it in his hands and studying the contents. He had intended to follow Raphael's lead, but there was no way that Chigetsu could refuse an offer like that. It wasn't in his nature to go against requests to assist in the mission. With his eyes still down on the contents, the map Chigetsu would nod his head in response. "I'll be your eyes." The designated points for camera and wire set up were all marked on the map with color-coded X's, which made it rather easy to tell where they were supposed to be going. Maybe this would be simple after all? With his teammate now in tow, Chigetsu would follow the directions that the map provided. The entire set up was rather simple, with cameras being placed all in rather obvious and easily visible locations. Given that these were being set up for the audience to watch through it made sense that they wouldn't be all too obscured. They were primarily positioned in order to provide the greatest amount of vision as possible and allow the spectators the greatest amount of total vision. The only bit of minor effort that was involved with setting them up was climbing up the buildings, if that could even be called 'effort'. It went relatively quickly, with Chigetsu leading Raphael to the designated spot and then assisting his partner in actually nailing the thing down, and then attaching the required electrical cords.

[WC: 640]
[660+640=1300/1500]

Myrddin

Myrddin

A-rank
The boy took the map and after looking over it for a second he started leading the way, maybe this won't be so bad with two of them doing the job then it should be done in no time at all and he can go on to another job. They did not really talk that much as they walked aside from the occasional 'this way' or 'over here's as they walked to their first destination it was too be placed at the top of a broken wall facing the east, sounded easy enough. Raphael placed his pack on the ground grabbing one of the cameras from it and taking a piece of wire and giving the spool to the boy to hold, "I will climb up there, you hold on to the spool and just let it unwind, once I have it plugged in you can cut the wire from the spool amd connect it to the mainframe wherever that is." Raphael instructed the boy as he began channeling a small amount of chakra into his feet before walking to the wall and begining to walk up it as if he were walking on the ground. Once he was at the top he set the camera up hooked the wire into it and gave Chigetsu the signal that it was done and he could connect it to the mainframe as Raphael descended back down the wall. Once the first camera was setup and they saw the green light of the camera come on and it begin moving from side to side they new this one was done and moved on to the second, so that Chigetsu would not think he was merely there to hold the map and what not Raphael offered the setup of the second camera to the boy. They went back and forth like this on each camera until they were done and heading back to the encampment to receive their payment for the job. "So your from the mist huh? I heard the sun never really came out over there is that true?" He asked the boy as they walked not wish for the silence they had on set the cameras up now that the mission was over it would be nice to know the person he was working with. As they continued to walk Raphael would continue small talk with the boy about his village, why he had come to the hidden cloud village, and whatever else popped in his head. After each question he would wait until the boy answered before asking another and if the boy asked him a question he would in turn answer it save for questions of the personal nature such as clan or land of origin. After reach the proctor Raphael was surprised that he did not see anyone else had made it back yet looking to the boy, "last one here first one done," he said jokingly before turning in their left over wire and map and receiving their payment. Before they departed Raphael turned to the boy, "it was nice working with you Chigetsu, I do hope we see each other around before you return home it would be nice to get to know you more and even work with you again." Raphael said giving the boy a slight bow in respect before turning and walking back to the main part of Kumogakure.

{Exit Thread}

568/1660
Mission Completed

OoC: thanks lets do it again sometime

Chigetsu Hōzuki

Chigetsu Hōzuki

Dead
Chigetsu would hold the spool of wire when instructed by his partner, unwinding it whenever it seemed like there wasn't enough slack. He would follow Raphael with his eyes, watching the other walk up the building as if it was the most casual thing in the world. To be completely honest Chigetsu was glad that it wasn't him actually handling the cameras. Working with electronics gave him the creeps. There was just too much risk of getting shocked or accidentally causing water damage, or something. Given how he had already been chewed out by the proctor, Chigetsu was sure that accidentally destroying one of the cameras would lead to him getting his butt kicked right out of Kumogakure. He shivered at the thought. With the green light of the camera successfully connected, there was no reason left to worry though. Of course, when Raphael offered to let Chigetsu connect the next camera he would be forced by his nature to accept the request, despite how nervous it made him. When it came to the next designated set up location Chigetsu would repeat the same actions that Raphael had, applying chakra to the soles of his feet in order to walk up the side of the building. Chigetsu operated with extreme caution when handling the camera and electrical wiring, moving perhaps half as quickly as Raphael had, and only when he was absolutely sure that everything was fine would he signal down to his partner that everything was ready. It would repeat like this until they had finished, with Chigetsu operating like a snail whenever they switched.

"Ah... No. The sun still shines in the mist. I mean, most of it gets covered up, but sunlight still gets through. It isn't just constantly night in Kirigakure." He would engage in idle conversation as they returned back to the encampment. Being as Chigetsu was he couldn't refuse to answer these questions, but in the back of his mind he silently wished he hadn't exposed what village he had come from. It had taken him a moment to remember that Raphael had not exposed what village he was from, which made it seem in hindsight as if Chigetsu was just releasing information without thinking. "I came here to watch the Chunin exams. I wanted to gain some more experience before trying them myself, and I thought that maybe it would help me learn about how to handle myself in other villages..." Chigetsu would trail off after that answer. As the topic changed to more harmless subjects he would be happy to speak more, but on the topic of his village and plans he suddenly became a bit reluctant.

Seeing that they had finished first filled Chigetsu with a sense of pride. It felt amazing to get a job done quickly and efficiently, especially after the proctor had been rude. After shooting a sly smile at the proctor from before Chigetsu would turn back to Raphael. The bow Raphael gave would be responded to with a mirror image, Chigetsu bowing in the same manner. "It was absolutely an honor. I hope we may work together again, in the future."

He would silently watch Raphael as he walked off, before doing so himself. 

[WC: 525]
[WC: 525+640+660=1825]
[Mission Complete]
[Exit Thread]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.