You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kahou Karisuma

Kahou Karisuma

D-rank
Mission Details:

Rapid steps echoed across the long white hospital halls. "Damn it, damn it, damn it" Kahou urged herself. She was late for the morning nurse debriefing and she knew how much Michiko liked delays. Even the Mizukage wasn't as strict as the head-nurse and today... today was a chaos. Hoards of patients were coming-in today for their annual health exam. Medics, nurses and sanitarians - everyone were already working around the clock and Kahou... she was terribly late.

She slided across the "finishing line" bending her body in the opposite direction to neutralize some of the speed. In her attempt to open the door as quickly as possible, she ended up slamming it in the wall. Kahou immediately became the center of attention with the whole room looking at her. Most of the stares were at first frigtened, but after a second or so they turned terrified. Wait, what?

"Karisuma!" she heard a motherly angry voice. Kahou gulped nerviously as she stepped into the room. A single nod was all she could muster. "You are taking the third floor!" she commanded unambiguously.

"A whole floor?" the blonde was unpleasantly surprised.

"Excuse me?" the head-nurse slowly turned her head towards Kahou. The stare everyone else was terrified by pierced the blonde beauty.

"Wakarimashta!" she bowed and hurried towards the third floor, leaving a painful silence behind her. "Now I know why everyone became even more scared when they saw it was me... it was not I, they were afraid of." she thought to herself remembering the look in Michiko's eyes.

She quickly ascended to the third floor and was greeted by another nurse whose shift was at its end.

"Who is working with you?" she asked but was greeted by the concerned look on Kahou's face. "No matter... here" she tapped a bunch of reports "are all the patients on this floor. Oh and in the room 02 there's a new patient. I think I left the report there. Young boy, bitten by a dog. Classic."

"Sounds easy" Kahou smiled grateful for the task she was given. The absence of a reciprocal reaction in the leaving nurse however, gave her the chills.

"My shift is over, have fun." the nurse turned away and left the floor.

"Is it so hard to be nice in this hospital..." Kahou was irritated by the common attitude in the building. She took a deep breath and decided to take the most urgent case first - the new patient. Who would've known that her Hippocratic Oath will be tested for the first time.

WC: 433

Kahou Karisuma

Kahou Karisuma

D-rank
Kahou came out of room 02 and closed the door behind her resting her back against it. "I hope he is too shy or awkward to say something about what happened inside. I could easily be dismissed." she thought to herself. The bite-wound was successfully mended - a non-negotiable fact - but one could easily argue that her methods were... inconsistent with what is to be expected by a doctor. Maybe one day they could both come back to this moment and laugh it out... just maybe.

"Akhm... back to work!" she tried to encourage herself with mediocre success. In a fast-paced manner Kahou started looking over the files that the previous nurse had left her earlier. "Check-up. Check-up. Check-up. Stitches. Check-up. Check-up. Oh, wow..." she stopped at a rather peculiar one. The person has been having pains in the intestine area and still unable to... free himself. Most people would be disgusted by this but it was Kahou's first patient with this type of... situation. And more importantly, today she was the only nurse on this floor.

"Nurse, is the patient in 04 ready?"  a chuunin-level medic brought her back to reality. Sort of. Without giving a response, she turned over a few more files until she found the one.

Code:
"Patient is to be operated at 12:00 by Kenkou, Ishi."

Kahou immediately looked at the ticking clock on the wall beside her. Five minutes till twelve was what she saw and smiled back at the doctor:

"I will get the patient ready now!" she bowed her head politely but his response was nothing more than a short tsk. Apparently the chuunin was short-tempered and more importantly - was expecting that the patient would not be ready.

The Karisuma plucked the file out of the pile and with only a faint leftover of her smile entered the patient's room. Two beds separated by a curtain, a small white wardrobe and two tables with medicines, gauzes and other medical means was everything this room had besides the closed wide windows. One of the beds was empty - at least for now - while the other was occupied by a middle-aged man.

"Good day, Shokuhin-san!" she greeted the patient with the appropriate respect. "I am here to get you ready for surgery." she explained.
"Good day!" he answered short and simple. Who would have known that people were not as talkative before surgery, right?

She quickly checked the file for any alergies and then the patient's vitals. Everything seem in norm and now she only needed to transport him to the operating theatre. "This worked once today already..." she thought to herself, plucking a piece of hair from her own head. Within a few seconds she had completed the required signs and a second Karisuma appeared right beside her.

The patient face changed appearance from a calmed one, to a rather confused on. He blinked a few times while he was swapping his stare from one Kahou to the other. At a certain point he gave up for he had other matters to worry about with the surgery room's label above the door just passing above him.

"This is doctor Kenkou and he will be performing your surgery. I will be nearby in case you need anything!" she smiled to the patient who just nodded while taking a breathful of the sedative. In a matter of seconds he was already unconscious, lying calmly on the operating table.

"Damn it, where is my assistant!" Ishi exclaimed angrily. While he was looking around nervously he noticed Kahou's bandana hidden behind her nurse dress. "Are you a medical shinobi? Can you assist?" he quickly switched gears.

"Uhm, yes... I can try. What do you need me do?" the blonde responded as excited as she was nervous.

"Focus your healing power on the bloodflow so it can continue uninterrupted. Easy enough, right?" he tried to calm the genin with a soothing procedural tone.

WC: 670
TWC: 1103

Reflection Clone Jutsu:

Basic Recovery Method:

Kahou Karisuma

Kahou Karisuma

D-rank
Kahou was back at her floor and she saw a bunch of nurses scrambled in the halls going from room to room, constantly in motion. The place was buzzing and the blonde beauty was starting to get the feeling she was responsible for this but in a bad, very bad way.

"Akhm!" she heard a not-so-pleased tone behind her. Turning slowly the Karisuma acknowledged unwillingly that it was the head-nurse. "Could you please elaborate where in the five kages' you have been?" she started tapping with her foot nervously and putting her hands on her waist, completing the angry woman pose.

"In surgery, Hamasaki-sama!" was Kahou's immediate response. "Sumimasen! Doctor Kenkou was in need of an assistant!"

"And did you not care for the patients on this floor? You left them alone!" Michiko in retaliation scolded her.

"Most of them are just for a quick check-up and the doctor had no assistant! The surgery was top priority!" Kahou tried to explain herself. To her it seemed to be the most appropriate decision in the situation.

Although the head-nurses face did not show it, she understood Kahou's choice but there was no excuse for the blonde not notifying any other personnel about this.

"And what would have happened if any of the patients got unexpectedly worse? Hmmm? Who would have noticed? NOBODY! Because you did not inform anyone of your decision!" the head-nurse underlined the importance of cooperation and taking responsibility in her own specific... manner.

"Sumimasen! But if I was not alone on this floor..." Kahou took the worst of decisions, especially when she was guilty. Everyone knew how Hamasaki-sama reacted when one would try and tell her how to do her job.

The expression on Michiko's face was inexplicable. She could not believe that one of her nurses dared question her decisions so baldly, especially when she had caught her "red-handed". Both figuratively and literally!

"You are coming with me to the first floor and will stay here until all patients have been serviced. This is your last chance, Kahou and if only once more you endanger any of my patients, I will make sure you will never set foot in this hospital!" in her most terrifyingly calm voice the head-nurse explained to the Karisuma the options on the table. As the saying goes - a proposal you cannot decline.

"Good night, sir!" Kahou had sent off the last patient for the day. A long tired and grateful sigh was all the beauty could muster after a day like this. The ticking clock on the wall was sleepily showing midnight and silence was slowly setting in. With an exhausted step Kahou approached the head-nurse that was finishing off some administrative work on the counter.

"Can I have my signature now, please?" the blonde asked hoping she managed to "pay for her sins".

Michiko did not seem to have forgotten today's quarrel and angrily signed off the document confirming the successful completion of the mission, pushing it towards Kahou.

"Arigato" she bowed her head politely and took the scroll and rolled it up.

She entered the empty lady changing room and turned the light on. "Maybe I should take break from the hospital for a while... I do not want to be a nurse anymore..." she thought to herself recalling the surgery from today. Not that it was a success, but the chuunin also congratulated her on her healing skills and was curious as to why she is still a nurse.

"The next time I come back here, it will be as a doctor!" Kahou encouraged herself while she was freeing herself from the nurse clothing. "A nurse - no more!" a faint smile appeared on her tired face. Today she felt she was back in the noble's manor, taking orders and quietly obeying her masters. The head-nurse felt like a tyrant today more than ever. "I broke my chains once, I will not be enslaved again!" she slammed her locker's door shut.

After she changed clothes to her normal attire and put the mission details in her ninja bag, Kahou left the hospital and to her surprise the night was beautiful, colored by the moonligt. She decided to take a walk and relieve herself from all the stress she hand endured this day.

Tomorrow she would go back to the Mizukage's office and turn in the mission in order to receive her payment.

WC: 751
TWC: 1854

[Exit]

Training Chakra Enhanced Strength using words from Meeting-In-The-Moonlight - 1221

Mission: 1854/750
Jutsu Training: 1104/1000 (using 1k from each thread)

Using leftovers (104 from this thread, 221 from Moonlight):
Speed D->D1 325/325 (using the leftover for stat)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.