You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
… Something wasn’t right. She awoke abruptly, though no movement came from her form. Her breathing did not change, it remained the same soft rise and fall of her chest as it had been. Even her eyes remained closed, eyes moving beneath the eyelids as she often did during slumber. To anyone who didn’t know her they would think she slumbered still. To someone whom did? It would likely be the twitch of her mouth that gave her away, the barely held back gasp that occurred upon waking so suddenly. Still, eyelids would part only slightly regardless of the hair raising feeling, just enough for her to peak between her eyelashes around the room which was dimly lit by the light coming from the beneath the mostly closed bathroom door. At first nothing seemed wrong, and then she saw it. She saw him. There was no holding back the gasp that escaped her lips this time, her form jacking up off of the mattress as her eyes flew open; back slamming against the headboard as she attempted to put as much distance between herself and the being who had no reason to be in her room – and yet whom belonged all the same. Her heart was beating so hard she could hear her blood rushing through her ears and yet she didn’t move at first, instead her gaze remained locked on the being who was leaning so casually against the door frame of her room that it seemed as if it were any other day for him.

For her… it was like madness had sprung forth and devoured her.

There was no way he was alive. She had watched him die. She had begged and pleaded for him to return, she had smacked him, hit him, beat on his chest in an attempt to perhaps fight or argue with death itself. In fact she had: she had promised things, groveled, screamed until she couldn’t speak anymore. She had done all she could to bring him back and yet none of it had worked. In the end she had had to turn him over to those whom had buried him. She had had to say goodbye. She had had to feel as if a piece of her very soul had been ripped in half, gone forever, never to return. Now though here he was in the flesh standing in her room as if it were any other day: as if he were waiting for her to wake up so they could go grab breakfast or head to the market for a day of shopping.

Her stomach turned. Morning sickness kicking in, battling through the shock to announce its arrival. Before she could say anything her body reacted out of instinct, hand covering her mouth as she all but flew off of the bed after halfway tossing the blanket from herself – cold air hitting bare flesh not covered by her black nightshirt. Her ankle tangled in the blanket, causing her to trip, stumble, and crash into the door frame of the bathroom with her right shoulder hard, but it didn’t slow her. The door was shoved open with a bang and no sooner had she collapsed on her knees before the toilet did she vomit violently: the snack of crackers she had had at some point during the night standing no chance. Her body shook and shuddered, both from tears at what she had seen and from the force of her sickness. Truly that couldn’t have been her husband. Truly that couldn’t have been her Nanashi. There was no way. She was going insane, that was all. She was losing her mind. When she finished in the bathroom she would go out into the bedroom and find it as empty as it had been. Yes, that would be it. That would be exactly what happened. Right?!

”I can’t do this…. I… can’t….”, she spoke out loud, figuring that no one would respond. She went to wrap her arms around herself and instantly winced; she had likely badly bruised her shoulder, if not having dislocated it when she smashed into it. Ignoring the pain she wrapped her arms around her stomach and shuddered once more. ”You can’t be real, you just can’t… I watched you die… I begged and pleaded for so long for you to come back but you didn’t. I had to bury you….” Tears flowed more freely: she didn’t know at this point if she was just simply giving in to the madness, or if she was just holding out for some hope that this being in her room was the real deal and not some kind of evil or cruel trick.

Word Count: 785

Daremo

S-rank
Even though there was no moment, the man knew he was not the only one awake in the bedroom. The woman, despite her prone figure saying otherwise, had woken up only seconds prior, yet she dared not to move. .much. Despite being gone for a week, his senses and skills did not dull, though that could be chalked up to other circumstances, it did not take away from him zeroing in on the female’s miniscule facial movements, and subtle shifting of eyeballs underneath the eyelids. Normally, noticing something so minute would have been impossible for him prior to this, but, things have changed with him. ”And with her, it seems.”, he mused, yellow orbs gazing at the location of her stomach. For a split second, he wondered if she knew about the life she was carrying and nurturing for, the thought was completely dismissed after realizing she had to know. The item found in the garbage can remind him that much.

Eyes zoned in on the twitch of the mouth, and ears zoned in on the barely audible gasp. The woman he had been dying to see, in the flesh, was finally dropping the facade of being asleep. As her eyes barely crept open, like a rusty door which had been jammed for too long, giving him a glimpse of orbs which he loved staring into. His yellow reptilian eyes, so familiar to her, locked on the eyes of the now awaken woman. Even as she gasped, form shooting off the bed and slamming against the headboard, he mentally flinched at the impact but did nothing else but stared. If the situation was different, his eyes would have wandered down her frame, soaking in every inch of her, marveling at the glow that seems to come from it. ”Must because of her being pregnant.”, he thought, his eyes betraying him for a moment to take stock of the woman’s figure. He did not linger on any particular part, a quick glance before staring right back at her.

Though not externally reacting, he did frown mentally at the touch of madness at the edges of her eyes. He hated seeing that in the eyes of a woman who he loved - in a woman who he had committed his life to. The vows he took said he would never cause her any harm, yet, he broke those sacred vows with his death. All the promises of being there for her, to protect her from all the harm and dangers of the world, he broke them. Sadness filled him as he knew the madness within her eyes was caused by him, and him alone. No one else did this to the woman but him. The pained he promised to protect her from meant little when it was him who caused the pained. With sadness came self-loathing. Oh, how he wished he was stronger to handle to Sage trials. How he wished he had taken his mother’s death more seriously, looking into her journals which detailed said trials, and the warnings of what to come. How he wished he had taken more time to train and be prepared for the trials that treated him like he was nothing. How he should have been cautious of his partner, the princess of the Komodo dragons, looking deeper into the words which she spoke. He was not ready, and she was telling him that, indirectly. Yet, he was too careless to realize it. From self-loathing came anger A seething anger which was directed at none other than himself. However, before this could latch onto like a parasite, the women's moment caught his attention.

He watched as she rocketed towards the bathroom. Unlike like this time, he did wince when she slammed into the door frame, her ankles having been entangled by the blankets which were thrown off moments prior. Her action causing the bathroom door to slam open loudly. It was the sound of retching which got him to move. Pushing off the bedroom down, not before checking to make sure it was locked, to stand in the entrance way of the bathroom. A frown marred his face as he listened to his wife retch up whatever she had eaten. Oh, how he which to comfort her during this time, but he dares not to. He did not want to be the cause of any more stress.

As she started speaking, her words coming out in segments between her cries as her mind tried to dismissed the reality before her, he moved towards her. His large figure eclipsing hers as his right hand gently touched her bruised shoulder, a familiar warmth spreading over the area as medical chakra was applied to heal the wound. “This is not a dream, Kaia.”, the first words he had spoken since the last time the saw each other, a week ago, “I am very much real.” To prove this point, he moved to the side, allowing her to look at him, slowly reaching towards her hand, and if allowed, he grabbed it gently. Bringing her hand up to his face, allowing her to feel the flesh underneath her fingertips, allowing her to feel the warmth of his blood which pumps throughout him. “I am very much real.”, the words were spoken once more.

If allowed, his arms would capture her in a hug, right hand moving up to rub her head gently as he held her close. “I am sorry. I am so sorry.”, he repeated the words over and over again, not caring about the tear or two which flowed down his cheek. “The vows we took. . .I broke them. I caused you so much pain. The same pain which I vowed to protect you from. I am so sorry.” Slowly, he would stand up with her, and lead her to the bed. . .not once letting go of her doing the trek back. Sitting down, he held onto his wife, as he spoke once more. “Please forgive me. Please forgive this foolish husband of yours. Please”

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
… This couldn’t be real. This could absolutely not be real. This had to be nothing more than a trick of her mind: she had subconsciously wanted him back so much that here her mind was coughing up images of her beloved to torment her with. Yes, that had to be it, because surely all of her hopes and prayers and pleading could not have brought the love of her life back to her. Miracles like that didn’t happen – she had learned that life lesson more times than she wanted to count the hard way. No, this was her brain trying to head **** her into pure madness. That had to be it.

Yet… the moment she was touched she knew that couldn’t be true. Her entire body jerked, jumping at the contact, and yet she didn’t pull away as she felt the sensation of medical chakra going to work to heal the damage she had caused her own shoulder as she had tripped and bashed into the doorframe. Even as her hand was guided up to this beings face she didn’t tug it away. Instead she placed it on his face and held it there, fingertips exploring flesh that was all to familiar while blue eyes stared into his own: wild and confused, brimming with tears and yet showing happiness all the same. ”Real?”, she repeated the word in a soft whisper, a question so much as a statement as her fingers once more ran along his warm face. It was still so hard to wrap her mind around what was happening and yet she wasn’t going to dismiss it anymore to her own subconscious: even her active imagination couldn’t cook up something of this amount of detail. No, she wasn’t that good.

As she was hugged she responded slowly, not pulling away but rather pressing herself against his chest as much as her position on the floor would allow. Her arms would move around him, hands seeking out more of him: wrapping around his back, grasping at the cloth that covered his frame: clinging to him as if afraid he would once again disappear on her. As he stood, and her along with him, she kept her grip firmly around him, afraid if she let go he would simply disappear. His words registered within her mind and yet she couldn’t fathom a response immediately. Even as she was placed in his lap – the action causing her to curl up tightly against him – she could do nothing more than bury her face in his chest, her own tears staining his clothing as her shoulders shook and her body shuddered.

Could this really be true? Could her beloved really be alive and well and holding her as he apologized for something he shouldn’t be apologizing for? The words left her lips so easily they didn’t even tremble, ”There’s nothing to forgive. You did nothing wrong.” Her head would finally lift, a sniffle escaping her as she gazed into her husband’s eyes once more. She kept her right hand clinging to the cloth that covered his form still, and yet with her left hand she reached up and lightly ran her fingertips along his face – the sensation of touching him one she thought she would never experience again. She said nothing else for several long seconds, all the while the madness began to ebb away, her usual brightness taking its place as if a flip had been switched back on within her and she found herself okay with being happy once more. ”You have nothing to be sorry for… you are here, you are alive, I can ask for nothing else. I cannot tell you how many times begged for this, pleaded to whatever Gods might be listening to grant me this chance… But how did you find me? I have so much to tell you… I… “, she paused then, finding herself almost unable to speak the words. When she had found out she had been happy and yet devastated at the same time: how could she bring a life into this cruel world without the protection of its father. Yet now… now that wasn’t a concern.

”I’m pregnant.” The words left her lips suddenly, with no holding them back. At the same time her cheeks tinted red – a blush she had long ago lost appearing once more as happiness flooded her gaze and a smile appeared across her face. She could think of no better time to tell him this glorious news despite the current drama and the high emotions. She didn’t want to keep the news from him any longer than she had to – the fact that he was here to tell made anytime, even this time now, perfect.

Word Count: 793 | 1,551

Daremo

S-rank
He did not pull back when she jerked upon his initial touch. The action having been expected by the older gentlemen considering everything he had known. Unknowingly to the woman kneeling down a front of him, he had been with her during the week after his death. He had watched her go through the days without any energy nor motivation. He watched as she simply went through the motions - nothing more nor less. During the time, he knew no one touched her in any manner, with him being the last person to do so - moments before his unfortunate demise. Therefore, even before the first touch was made, he had already expected for her to reacted to it in such a manner. It bothered him more than he would like to admit, yet, he had to accept it.

Placing his right hand on her shoulder, being careful not to cause any harm, Daremo concentrated. The familiar sensation of medical chakra flowing through him was a welcoming sensation - like a reunion with an old dear friend. He allowed the potent, life-given energy to flow in a steady stream down his arm, into his hand and fingertips. With garnered control, he controlled the chakra, targeting the bruised muscles, soothing them. As typical with medical chakra, a warm, soothing sensation would been felt by the recipient of it. His hand would leave only after the bruise was thoroughly healed, lingering only briefly.  

As he spoke of this not being a figment of her own fragile imagination, but the factual reality, Daremo gently grasp her and into his. Hands, now a tad bit calloused, something they weren’t in the past, brought up the woman’s hand to his face. During the motion, his own hand rubbed the soft skin of the other. How he had missed the feeling of this woman before him. The touch of the skin. How he had forgotten it. How he had taken for granted such a simple act during each time they laid together. Dismissing the thoughts at the feeling of another touching his skin, the contact causing an involuntary shiver. Yellow reptilian eyes gazed into the confused eyes of another. He leaned against her hand as roamed across his face. There would be noticeable differences between his older self. Scales, though not visible with the sharpness of eyes, they could obviously be felt underneath her touch, being a rough texture. They being a byproduct of what had occurred to him. His eyes were also more pronounced, losing any semblance to that of a human's, and being no different than that of a reptile.

However, while some might expected coldness within them, instead warmth was found. At the behest of her questioning the reality before her, his lips parted, “Very real.”, giving validation to the question which was asked. Though having already said something similar prior, Daremo understood the need to repeat what had been said. Having watched him die, he understood the fragile state his wife’s mind would be in, with the littleness thing possibly causing her to be lost forever. And, the thought of losing his precious lover, his better half, caused his heart to clench.

Strong arms wrapped around the lithe frame of his lover, gently pulling her into his embrace. Smoothing her, his fingers gliding through her hair ever gently, “I am not going anywhere.”, the words coming out he felt her clench on him. He did not know if the words reached her or not. It mattered little if his words reached her or not, for him holding her should be enough to confirm that, yes he was really. Holding onto her, and she clinging to him, Daremo led her out of the bathroom and back into bed, guiding her to the bed. His hold on her did not weaken as she was placed on his lap. Fingers ran gently through Kaia’s hair as she clung to him for dear life; Daremo knew he was her lifeline. Lightly rocking back and forth, trying to soothe the distraught woman, Daremo asked for forgiveness. The words being repeated over and over again.

Apart from him wonder if the woman would forgive him for dying. Would she forgive him for being too weak to survive the process? Forgive him for not taking the necessary precautions to handle the demands that came with Sage training? What would he do, if he was not forgiven? What could he do? Not wanting to think about that, the thoughts were dismissed. And, as if seeing his mental turmoil, Kaia spoke. Her words being that of forgiveness. The words removing any doubt he had about her not forgiving him.

With extra care, Daremo wiped away the tears from Kaia’s eyes as his own gazed lovingly into hers. A smile, the first of today, appeared on his face at the sight of the madness within her eyes ebbing away, returning them back to the beautiful orbs he had longed for. “I missed you too. I - - “, his words were cut off, and his hand touched Kaia’s stomach, gently rubbing it as she announced that she was pregnant. Those single words awakened a foreign aspect within him. Though having been a man who was already protected over Kaia, the urge seemed to amplify with the revealed knowledge. Of course, he already knew she was pregnant, but hearing it from her own mouth meant so much more. The small smile bloomed into a big one, his eyes being overtaken by warmth and love. “We are going to have a child?”, he questioned, already knowing the answer, but wanting to hear it again. Just one more time. One more time to hear that they were going to have a child.

”A child.”, at the mere thought, Daremo realized, the child would have been a father if he had truly died. The boy or girl would have grown up without a father-figure. Without the father who was supposed to be there to protect, look after, and be there for them. Again, he found himself getting at his own inability to survive the trial. ”But, you are here now.”, those words was all that was needed to dismiss the dark thoughts. “I am going to be a father.”, there was a wonder in his voice. Though he could not remember, anything about his life, only that Kaia was his wife and someone important to him, he felt like he did not have a father in his life. And that was a feeling he did not want any of his children to feel. Not minding that she had vomited, Daremo gently kissed Kaia, pouring his love into the act. With some reluctance, he broke the kiss, shifting slightly to get more comfortable.

“Guess you want to know how I am here?”, he inquired, already knowing the answer, but giving Kaia the chance, if she wanted, to not find out the truth. This would also give him a chance to gather his thoughts on the tale which needed to be told.

1177[2189]

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Kaia watched as after her revelation of being with child the smile on Daremo’s face grew from a gentle and small one into something much larger. His eyes filled with even more warmth and love and she couldn’t help but echo his smile herself. She had been happy to learn she was pregnant, though the timing had been horrible since it had happened shortly after Nanashi had died, but now she felt like she could truly embrace the feeling: her and Daremo were going to have a child, they were going to have a family. Their choice to leave Konoha officially and begin their life as wanderers while seeking out a more peaceful existence couldn’t have come at a better time – especially since a new individual had taken the hat – though that was something she wasn’t interested in thinking about at the moment.

No, instead she kept her focus on the love of her life, placing her hands on top of his as she felt him touching her stomach. The fact that there was a life growing within her, a life of their creation, brought all kinds of wonder and joy to the female, feelings she couldn’t quite put in words and yet which she hoped her eyes and smile relayed all the same. ”Yes, we’re going to have a child, my love.”, she spoke softly, answering his question while enjoying saying the words all over again.

Of course, there was some darkness there for her. She had never had a mother, she had no idea how to be a proper one. Books could only teach you so much. Being a mother was something that had to be experienced, and she prayed she would be able to be a good one. For now though she wasn’t going to allow herself to focus on this – she wouldn’t allow the darkness she was afraid of to ruin this perfect reunion. No, this was something that could be worked on later, that they could handle together later on.

The kiss Daremo placed upon her lips took her from the path her thoughts had been on, the gesture filled with love and gentleness: both of which she herself returned in the simple act.

Keeping one hand placed upon Daremo’s on her stomach she reached up with her left hand, touching at his face once more now that the kiss had been broken. She had noticed the difference in the texture, her sensitive soft skin picking up on it fairly easily. Yet, she didn’t comment on it for now: his eyes too had changed and yet they held the same warmth and love that had always been there for her. She cared little what all had changed of him, caring only for the fact that he still loved her and was once again alive. But, she was still curious as to what had happened, and how he was here – though she was very, very happy that he was so. ”I am curious, yes.”, she would respond softly, resting her head against him after she finished responding. Her head wouldn’t remain still though, as she tilted it backwards and gently placed a kiss on his jaw, arms wrapping around him once more.

As she fell silent she could feel the world righting itself again; everything that had felt wrong or been wrong suddenly seemed righted. No longer was she wallowing in depression as happiness took its place. She felt… alive. As if she too had died along with Nanashi, if only in spirit. Now though it was as if she were allowing the rest of her body to react and respond naturally she felt her stomach begin to growl with hunger and she felt the sudden urge to take a well needed shower. She hadn’t necessarily been taking care of herself properly – oh sure, she had gone through the motions to ensure she was healthy enough for the child, but she hadn’t gone above and beyond that. ”I want to hear the whole thing… but first, come with me...”, she spoke softly, shifting off of Daremo’s lap while shifting her grip on his hand so that their fingers were interlocked. ”I’m starving for the first time in a week… and I want to cook for you.” Oh yes, she needed that; she needed that normalcy. Just as she had done for them back in Konoha she wanted to cook for her love now and for herself. Something told her he would follow her anywhere so she figured he wouldn’t hesitate to do just that, even without her having to tug him along.

She would leave the bedroom, pausing long enough to unlock the door before moving into the rest of the hotel suite and over to the tiny kitchen, all the while her hand remaining in his as if she were still afraid he would disappear if she let go – and in truth she was afraid of just that. As if this whole thing would come crashing down around her.

She would pause next to one of the bar stools for the raised kitchen counter, turning to face the love of her life and plant a kiss on his lips. She thought about telling him to have a seat but some inner instinct told her he likely wouldn’t – he would probably be sticking very close to her, and she preferred it really. ”I was going to say have a seat while I cook… but I don’t think I can stand letting go of you right now.”, she admitted softly, tugging him lightly into the kitchen with her if he was willing to follow her still. She would pull a number of items out of the fridge, followed by pans and cooking utensils. Breakfast was started without fanfare, all the while she fell silent, giving her love a chance to explain what all had happened to him while she worked.

Word Count: 985 | 2,536

Daremo

S-rank
Hearing the words spoken again, confirming what was already said, Daremo smiled; a genuine one which felt foreign to him, but nevertheless felt right. "He was going to be a father! He was going to be a father!", the words were mentally repeated over and over again as if his mind could not comprehend them, yet, it was undoubtedly, his wife's small baby bump confirmed it; he was going to be a father! A surge of happiness and joy ignited every part of his body, causing a pleasant tingling sensation. Unknowingly to him, tears of happiness, the first he has ever shred, were streaking down his face.

His lips found hers in a tender and loving kiss. The small gesture having all his love poured into the act. What made it different than any other was, asides from all the love in held, there was a sense of longing, letting Kaia know how much he had missed her. The months away from Kaia was downright torturous. There was nothing he could do for that week. No way of telling her that he was alive and well, okay, maybe not well, but alive. Even if he could tell her, would she had accepted his temporary form? There was no way in she could have loved the form. Nothing, the only thing he could do is watch her from afar, being her silent guardian. Now though, he was back, and the long for her touch was stronger than ever. While other activities could wait till later, he just had to feel her in some way, to express his love and longing for her, and she returned the feelings tenfold.

Breaking the kiss with some reluctance, Daremo held his wife. Soft yellow eyes gazing into hers, his right hand gently rubbing her belly as he held her close. He did not want to let her go. After inquiring if she wanted to know what happened, Daremo shivered. The feeling of Kaia's lips against his jaw, and her arms wrapping around him in an embrace. This was perfect. Here, in his arms, was his wife. The woman who he had committed himself to. There was nothing more he could have asked for.  

A comfortable silence descended between the two. Daremo's mind trying to piece together the story which he would be telling his wife. His memory being somewhat fuzzy with all the details, but having the jist of it which would do. Apart of him told him not to speak on certain subjects for fear of potentially pushing her away or scaring her. There were some things which he experiences that he rather not relive or think about. Though, in order for Kaia to understand everything, he would relive those memories. He would not keep anything from her.  

Daremo looked at her with interest, arms tightening around her waist before loosen as she wanted him to follow her. He frowned, not wanting to let her go, but doing so anyway. Fingers interlocked with hers, "You haven't been eating much have you?", he asked with a sense of worry laced in his voice. He was worried about her, and the child she is carrying. "I will help you.", he spoke, standing up and following her out of the bedroom. With her carrying a child, Daremo felt even more compelled to protect and follow her wherever she went in case she needed his help. The overprotectiveness could not be completely described. It felt natural and almost primal-ish. He wanted to protect her from everything, and if that meant following her everywhere she goes? So be it.

Upon following her into the hotel suite, Daremo's eyes darted across the opening room. Taking into account every window and possible escape routes for them. While taking notes of the routes, he did not loosen his grip on her hand. Though walking side by side, Daremo would be slightly ahead, not noticeable by most, but definitely by Kaia, and shifted in a way that allowed him to protect her at the moment noticed. Though there was nothing in the hotel room which would oppose a danger to either one of them, Daremo did not want to take that risk.

Only after reaching the kitchen did Daremo guarded stance disappeared and he walked alongside her. Stopping by her beside a barstool, Daremo did not hesitate in returning the kiss. "Yeah, I'm not letting you either.", he admitted, expressing the same feelings his wife did. A smile graced his lips as he was tugged further into the kitchen. Though he missed the feeling of her touch, Daremo knew there would be more than later. Like clockwork, he went about helping his wife preparing breakfast. The routine being something he remembered doing with her in the past.  

As a comfortable silence descended, Daremo sighed, eyes watching the food on stove cook before looking over to Kaia. "I was not supposed to have died during the Sage training.", he admitted, "The bite from Hikari's mother was more potent than originally thought. While Hikari's own bite shares the same components as her mother, they were nearly identical in composition, her mother's was still stronger. Though, it is not her mother's fault as it is mine and Hikari's. She did not take her responsibility seriously. was supposed to be injected multiple of times daily, but that was not the case. I did not do enough training to prepare my body for bite." pausing to check on the food, Daremo went back talking. "The massive influx of natural chakra which Hikari's mother's bite drew in was staggering. My body could not handle it and I died. Though, dying is not the right word, the Boss summon was smart, she manages to save my life but with a price."

Looking directly at Kaia, "In order to save my life, I was turned into a Komodo dragon - one of them. Not only that, as punishment for not taking the training seriously, my memories were wiped. The only thing I remember is you being my mate. . .I mean wife. Then, in a twisted sense of humor, I was forced to watch you grieve. For that entire week, I watch and stalked you from the shadows, I was forbidden in doing anything that would tip you off to my survival. Those days watching you, seeing the distress my death caused, was terrible. I did not want any of that to happen, yet because of my own weakness, it did." Shaking his head from such thoughts "I was in the house the day you left.", he admitted, flexing his hand. "The transformation broke, and I returned back to my human body. It was after I cleaned myself up, did I find out you were pregnant. You left the pregnancy test in the trashcan.  Afterwards, I followed you to Suna. Staying at every hotel you stayed at, watching you, and disappearing before you knew I was there. I did not know what to say at those times. My mind was still trying to piece together everything. And the ability to speak did not come back until some time ago. Undoubtedly, my body is still trying to readjust to everything so there will probably be more chances and the likes."

Having told Kaia everything, Daremo looked at his wife, waiting for her to say something. He wanted to know what she thought about everything which was said.

1247[3436]

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
At Daremo’s question she would pause: she wouldn’t lie to him, she couldn’t bring herself to do it. ”I’ve… been eating. Enough anyway. But I haven’t actually felt hungry until now.” It was hard speaking the words: she didn’t blame him for his death, she didn’t blame him for dying, so the last thing she wanted was to make him feel any worse than what he might have been already feeling. She wanted him happy, she wanted this to be a joyous occasion after all. She would pause only long enough to plant a kiss on his lips before continuing her way out of the bedroom, her thoughts turning to other things as she did so.

Kaia was amused: there really was no other way to put it. She noticed almost immediately how Daremo moved, how he looked around as if expecting danger around every turn, how he positioned himself in such a way that spoke of his willingness to take any and all attacks aimed her way. While she knew her husband to be protective of her normally this was far more extreme then normal – and yet she couldn’t fault him for it. She was carrying their unborn child within her: an innocent life in need of nurturing and protecting.

Once they reached the kitchen she noticed that his stance changed, becoming more relaxed: walking beside her instead of a bit in front of her. He shared her sentiment: he didn’t want to let go of her anymore than she wanted to let go of her, but food was definitely needed. As they worked in the kitchen together, putting the meal together that would serve as breakfast for both of them it was almost like clock work; as if nothing had ever happened. It felt utterly and completely natural: as if the world had shifted back to where it was supposed to be. The thought and feeling that came with the revelation brought a smile to her face, though she didn’t compliment on it – mainly because it seemed like Daremo was ready to talk about what had happened to him, about what he caused his death.

She listened in silence, sitting down on one of the stools at the breakfast counter so that she didn’t have to worry about her ankles swelling up on her, hanging on his every word. "I was not supposed to have died during the Sage training." - that told her outright something had gone wrong: she hadn’t been exactly sure, having never studied Senjutsu herself, but it had seemed wrong that his life had been lost so quickly. Still, she didn’t comment as she continued to listen. "The bite from Hikari's mother was more potent than originally thought. While Hikari's own bite shares the same components as her mother, they were nearly identical in composition, her mother's was still stronger. Though, it is not her mother's fault as it is mine and Hikari's. She did not take her responsibility seriously. was supposed to be injected multiple of times daily, but that was not the case. I did not do enough training to prepare my body for bite. The massive influx of natural chakra which Hikari's mother's bite drew in was staggering. My body could not handle it and I died. Though, dying is not the right word, the Boss summon was smart, she manages to save my life but with a price." Kaia remained silent, though her blue eyed gaze met Daremo’s as she wondered what sort of price he spoke of: what would the boss summon have demanded in repayment of saving her beloved. She ignored for now the fact that Daremo and Hikari had not completed the preparation for this well enough – she would address that later.

"In order to save my life, I was turned into a Komodo dragon - one of them. Not only that, as punishment for not taking the training seriously, my memories were wiped. The only thing I remember is you being my mate. . .I mean wife. Then, in a twisted sense of humor, I was forced to watch you grieve. For that entire week, I watch and stalked you from the shadows, I was forbidden in doing anything that would tip you off to my survival. Those days watching you, seeing the distress my death caused, was terrible. I did not want any of that to happen, yet because of my own weakness, it did. The transformation broke, and I returned back to my human body. It was after I cleaned myself up, did I find out you were pregnant. You left the pregnancy test in the trashcan. Afterwards, I followed you to Suna. Staying at every hotel you stayed at, watching you, and disappearing before you knew I was there. I did not know what to say at those times. My mind was still trying to piece together everything. And the ability to speak did not come back until some time ago. Undoubtedly, my body is still trying to readjust to everything so there will probably be more chances and the likes." So he had known she was pregnant: he had also known how badly she had grieved for him – he had been there to see how she was torn apart and rendered at the seams. Instead of being angry over his lack of preparation, over Hikari’s own hand in all of this, her gaze instead softened and saddened. He had suffered twice in her eyes: once in having to face death – the greatest foe for anyone, and then a second time by having to watch how it affected Kaia herself while being forbidden from doing anything about it.

Without a word spoken she got up from the stool, her bare feet making not a single sound as she crossed the distance between herself and Daremo. She pressed her body against his, wrapping her arms around him as she rested her head on his chest – listening to his heart. She closed her eyes, not saying anything for a moment and just simply feeling glad once more that he was alive once again. ”… I cannot be angry with you, even though you did not prepare properly. The fact that you died, the fact that you had to watch me suffer for an entire week… I cannot fathom how torturous that must have been for you.”, she would say softly, ignoring the food for a moment despite the delicious smells filling the air. ”I am going to ask this of you though – I will not request that you do not continue through with your training, I can never ask that despite what has happened, but I will ask that from now on you go into it as prepared as possible. I cannot lose you again...”, she would stop there for a moment, standing up on the tips of her toes to press a kiss against his lips and so that she could look her beloved husband in his eyes once more. ”I can deal with anything else. I can deal with you turning into one of them. I can deal with you becoming more like them in instinct and personality. I can deal with anything that is thrown our way. I cannot deal with not having you in my life, though. That tore me apart in ways I didn’t know I could hurt, and I do not blame you at all for it. I just know I cannot go through that again… I won’t make it a second time, love.” Her words were truthful: losing Daremo once was enough, she couldn’t handle doing it again. She cared nothing for any kind of changing or any sort of transformation Daremo might come under, all she cared about was that he remained alive.

”I also don’t want you to feel as if you have to hide any of this from me… I don’t care what happens love. I don’t care what this training causes you to do. There is nothing that can happen that will ever push me away. I’d rather know everything than be in the dark… I’m more than willing to help you through all of this, my love.”

Word Count: 1,368 | 3,904

Daremo

S-rank
Daremo expression did not change when Kaia confirmed she hadn't been eating much for the past week. The length of time which he was presumed dead. Though she did not outright admit it, he knew the reason for her lack of appetite centered around his apparent demised during training. He understood why she lost her appetite during that time period. The fact remained she was putting herself in jeopardy and, equally important, their child she is carrying. How could she put herself and their child in potential prevail like that? Yes, he might have been dead, but did she really think he ever wanted her to suffer and mourn for him in such a way? In the moments of death, Daremo only thoughts were for Kaia to live a full life. He had come to accept that he would have to wait for his love to join him in the afterlife. That, while she would mourn his death, she would have a full life before finally coming home to him. Where he would greet her, and start asking about the life she lived, listening with rapt attention. Yes, Daremo had thought all of this moments before he died, and was ready to accept it all.

But, he did not die, escaping the Shinigami's clutches thanks to the actions of the Boss summons. While the penalty was steep, lost of certain memories, it was better than the alternative. And afterward, having returned to his body, tracking his love down to a hotel in Sunagakure no Sato, he finds out she hadn't been eating? Daremo was not mad. No. Even if he wanted to be mad, furious even at what Kaia did, he couldn't. She was his weakness. The one person who can calm him down in moments of rage or fury. The only person who can bring him out a state of depression. The one person who he could never truly be mad at, especially now. With everything he put Kaia through, he simply could not be angry at her. Leaning he, his lips founded hers in a tender kiss that was broken "As long as you have been eating enough for you and our child.", he whispered, gently rubbing her stomach, "That is all I care about, love."

The instinct to protect Kaia was strong. While he always had been an overprotective person that was borderline territorial, something he is aware of and acknowledged, it pales in comparison to his current self. He did not want to let Kaia out of his sights. He wanted to be near her at all times. Protecting her from anything and everything who might cause her harm. He was prepared to tear to asunder anyone who dared to pose a threat to Kaia and their unborn child.There would be no negotiation or mercy towards anyone. Friends and foes will be met with the same treatment as the vileness of criminals if they threaten to harm Kaia and their child. Right now, Daremo could very much be likened to a male lion or any other animal protecting their mate. Mate. . .Kaia is indeed that to Daremo; the queen to his king. And like any king, he would protect her against all.

When they walked into the kitchen, the tension in Daremo's body lessened. Though while not visible, he still had the strong need to look after her. Despite this, it did nothing to stop him from falling into a common routine. His memories might have been lost, but, something that would always be remembered in the routine the couple did in the morning. The time they were apart seemed not to have diminished their synchronize movement in the kitchen. How Daremo moved along with Kaia, preparing the food without a thought. Everything being done from memory. It was like they had never been apart. Which just showed how close they were.

During his explanation of how he survived, Daremo created two shadow clones, the ability feeling foreign to him, to watch over the food while he talked to Kaia. There was still some fuzzy area when it came to remembering everything that was explained to him by Hikari's parents and the elder's summon. Though, he still told Kaia the gist of everything that happened. Making it so she knew the truth behind his absence, Throughout it all, Daremo searched Kaia's eyes for any indication of her feelings, and found none. It was only when he spoke of surviving the experience, in a roundabout way, that he noticed an emotion within those blue orbs. Anger was what he expected, but sadness was what greeted him. Sadness, instead of being mad at him, she was sad. Why? Why was she sad for him when he was the one who caused her much pain? He could not fathom it.

Before he could voice his question, Daremo watched as she stood up from the stool. The distance between closing quickly as he walked towards her. Arms wrapped around the lithe but curvy frame, holding her close, as her own arms wrapped around him. He hung onto every word that was spoken. Listening as she explained to him why she was not mad at him because, in her eyes, he suffered as much as she did. Though the week was torturous, Daremo did not believe he had suffered more than Kaia. She was the one who had to deal with him being dead. She was the one who grieved him for. She was the one who had to struggle with the knowledge of his death. And, more importantly, she was the one who had to figure out how she would raise their child on her own. In his eyes, he did not suffer, she did.

Daremo's heart broke when he heard Kaia's words. How she knew he wouldn't give up the training, but wanted to be promised that he would survive it this time around. As someone who never believed in promising something out of his hands, he found himself doing so anyway, not before kissing her softly "I promise.". The words were soft but held a conviction, "I promise I will come back to you alive. Nothing will stop me from coming back to you. If I have to fight the Shinigami than I will. Kaia, my wife, I promise, nothing will stop me from returning to you and our child." And there it was, Daremo promising to always return to the woman who held his heart, His arms tighten around her waist, though there was a gentleness about the embrace as he was mindful of the life forming.

"Look at me, love.", Daremo urged Kaia to look at him, continuing to speaking afterward. "I am not going anywhere. I won't make you feel that pain ever again. I will not make you suffer like you did. Do you hear me? I am not going anywhere. This is a promise of a lifetime. I will forever be by your side.", again he made a promise. A promise to be beside Kaia forever. While some might the promise foolish and naive, Daremo did not. He did not. He had no plans on breaking the promises made.

A smile bloomed across his face. Kaia's words being one of kindness and love. He shook his head and chuckle, "You are too kind and loving for me, love. Here I have been trying to shield you away from the darkness I have done, but, yet you already accepting all of me. There is no wonder why I fell in love with you.", leaning down, Daremo captured her lips in a deep kiss. He did not know how long the kiss lasted. Time was not important for him, only making sure Kaia knew of his love for her. However, both clones would interrupt them, announcing the food was done and table set.

"Come, let's eat, my love.", He spoke, breaking the kiss with some petulance, and guiding her to the table where their breakfasts await. Just like when they were walking to the kitchen, Daremo was holding Kaia's hand, only letting it go once they set down. Looking at Kaia, he thought about a question before going ahead and asking it, "I know it is too early for this, but have you thought about names for our child?"

[Exit: Continue in another Thread]

1400[4836]

Path of Pathogen: Dark Transmutation| E-Rank| 450 wc| 

Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique | D-Rank| 650 wc |

Water Release: Dormant Horror | A-Rank | 1800 wc |

Path of Pathogen: Pestilence’s Blessing | A-Rank | 1800 wc

Used WC: 4725 
Discard WC: 111

Last edited by Daremo on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Daremo’s concern hit a spot of her heart that she knew would pain her for a while: even with all he had gone through his chief concern was her and their unborn child. As her rubbed her stomach, making comment that as long as she had been eating enough that was all he was concerned with she nodded her head in encouragement. ”I have, love. Even though I didn’t feel hungry, and even though everything was like eating sandpaper I made sure I ate as often as I should, as much as I should.” She smiled gently, feeling happier about her choices. ”I even bought a book about it just to make sure I was getting all of the nutrients the baby and I would need.” It was strange really, telling him these things. They meant so much to her, the fact that she could actually share with him the lengths she had gone to, the fact that she could talk to him in person instead of muttering or whispering to him and hoping that it reached him in whatever afterlife awaited shinobi like themselves. It was an absolutely amazing feeling and it made her smile from ear to ear.

Daremo agreed with her request to take his training serious, to do what needed to be done so that he was prepared, and it caused the smile on her face to grow further even as she returned his kiss. She knew the training to be dangerous, but as long as he was willing to do all he could that was all she would ask for. Even though she knew it would still be dangerous his words comforted her a great deal and caused the tension she hadn’t known had been building in her to lessen quite a great deal.

When Daremo asked her to look at him she did so, hanging on every word that he spoke as she so often did. He spoke more words of comfort, more promises: he would not leave her side, he would forever be by it. Even if he had to fight death itself he would not leave her. For many those words would have seemed like an empty promise, words that had no weight behind them, and yet when it came to Daremo it was a promise she believed.

When Daremo smiled she couldn’t help but to mimic it just the same, enjoying the expression on his face. ”But of course… I love you, I accept all of you. I don’t care what you’ve done in the past or what you plan on doing in the future, I will follow you no matter what my love.”, she would pause a moment, placing her hands gently on both sides of his face, cradling it between them gently. ”My love… let me explain something to you… my love, my loyalty to you is unwavering. You could be the either the brightest angel or the darkest demon and I would follow you and love you and care about you regardless. So long as you love me, so long as you love our children, nothing else matters. I will never forsake you or abandon you, and I will never turn my back on you.” These were not empty words spoken, they were the truth. This was the loyalty Kaia showed, this was how devoted she became to the people she loved and cherished. If she were honest to herself she was not loyal to the idea of a village, or to a group as a whole, but rather to specific individuals whom had touched her life and became an important part of it: her father Mitsuo, her other father Strafe, and now Daremo all fit into that method of thinking for her. There was nothing in the world she wouldn’t do for them, nothing she would judge them for.

When Daremo mentioned the food it was to that which she focused her attention, surprised to find it completely done – then again, clones were wonderful things. It felt like the morning was passing in a blur, and chances were the rest of the day would as well. Her stomach growled as she sat down with a plate, no longer tasting nothing but cardboard and sandpaper but rather tasting just how delicious the food actually was with every single bite. It was as if all of her senses were fixed, as if her very emotions and feelings that had become so righted once seeing her love alive were now fixed. At Daremo’s question about baby names she couldn’t help but shake her head; that was definitely something that hadn’t yet crossed her mind, something she hadn’t been able to bring herself to think of during her week of mourning, but it was definitely something she was looking forward to discussing and thinking about now.

-Thread Exit-
[color=red]

Word Count: 807 | 4,711

-10% reduction to WC's due to Sarutobi Clan Perk

Reaction Time B → B1: 4,711 – 630 = 4,081
Reaction Time B1 → B2: 4,081 – 720 = 3,361
Reaction Time B2 → B3: 3,361 – 810 = 2,551

Speed B → B1: 2,551 – 630 = 1,921
Speed B1 → B2: 1,921 – 720 = 1,201
Speed B2 → B3: 1,201 – 810 = 391

Remaining: 391

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.