View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Amida Clan [Revamp] Empty The Amida Clan [Revamp] Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:35 pm

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
Symbol:The Amida Clan [Revamp] Latest?cb=20131112223706

The Amida Clan [Revamp] FAHfQ33
Clan Name: Amida
Specialization: Ninjutsu (Primary or Secondary)
Elements: Your choice

The Amida Clan [Revamp] HhU72Pp
Clan History: In a time not so far of warring ninja, in a time not far from when the legendary Sage of the 6 paths walked the earth for the first time, there existed a clan of monks, seeped in darkness. The clan decorated themselves with arcane patterns and designs in an attempt to increase their own chakra pools while worshiping a demon godhead. Amida, a young member of this clan, questioned their ways, and not without punishment, but still continued to question their ways. Lashings, beatings, ridicule, torture and even being bled to the point of helplessness were among some of his many trials. Though, his faith in their god seemed absolute.

Though he continued to question, pain and suffering became his life, all he knew, he survived, never wording his questions in such a way as to blaspheme or directly question the capabilities of their god. He took unto his life more punishment, seemingly inviting it, years past, which became a decade and the man Amida had become was a wreck of what he once was, his hands, and even his eyes were taken from him, his skin almost looked to have been replaced with scar tissue, but still he questioned. Until one day, the Matriarch of their order came to him in his chamber, there was no tongue of fire, no punishment befalling the monk, who knew only suffering. The Matriarch questioned the boy's intent, whether it was to sew dissidence or anarchy into their order, or whether he was simply ignorant of their ways.

Amida shook his head, and spoke to her in but a whisper, as it strained for him to talk.

I question so that i may be punished, it is my wish to become that which is sacred, an Idol of our godhead. But to do such, I must have faith, i have faith that the questions I pose will one day bless my skin with our order's 48 trials of flesh, so that I may meditate until I know nothing but Zen... 47 grace my skin now, and...

The woman finished his sentence for him, and acknowledged his wish for their last torture. That night Amida had gone from their most insubordinate student, to their most zealous disciple... Being taken into the depths of the torture chambers where one by one, every sigil of their order was branded into his flesh, though Amida refrained from crying out in pain, instead he felt it burn away the sins of his life, he closed his eyes and repeated mantras under his breath until the deeds were done. Taken into a dark room, he was closed off, so that no light could penetrate through the darkness so he may find his god...

Time past...

The warring states had finally come to the land of the Cult, one righteous tribe sweeping through and crushing their resistance and jutsu with their own as the battle raged through the halls. The Matriarch and her companions were swept aside by the brutal onslaught of the ravenous clan. The war pushed the lines back to the throne room, forces sweeping through the monastery and down into the dungeons where the prisoners were released, and finally coming to a bolted, chained, solid steel door. Thinking material wealth behind it, they spend hours blasting fire justu at the sealed gate. Three hours to the second, the bolts gave and the iron clad wall fell back, the stale air fled through nothing but the tiny cracks escaping once the door was opened.

Men charged the room, lighting torches and lanterns to see a chamber with boy sitting where Amida once sat, deep in solemn meditation he opened his resounding and almost resonating purple eyes. The symbols that were burned into Amida's body, covered his own as deep purple markings of infinite detail. The most intricate around his forehead. The men dared not approach, in fear of the child, calling their General to the underground site where the boy sat, motionlessly, staring at the soldiers. When the general arrived the boy asked for tea, which was quickly bought to him. The reborn Amida looked to the man whom had conquered this place, giving thanks for the tea as it was poured. Asking a great many questions to the General, about his name, his family, his plans, what his men thought of him, of the age he was in, and of a great many other things.

For three days and nights they spoke, Amida questioned expecting answers, never speaking were it not a question, but the General, genuinely curios continued to answer. After three days and nights to the second, the boy poured his last bowl of tea. Looking to the General he allowed him one question, in thanks for him being so kind and patient, the question would be followed by one deed of the Generals will, but were it to cross the boys beliefs, his boon would be declined, and he would not get another. The General asked how the boy was locked here, and what had happened to him in his life. Amida responded;

Oh glorious General of gentle hands, loved by men, and honoured by his enemies, my life has been a simple one. I simply spoke to the shadow, and came into being, for I was not born until you opened the door. This skin, these words, these bones and these symbols are a gift, given to me by the gods of which I serve. In the darkness I searched for a voice, and when it spoke I was confronted by the demon god of chains, to find no evil, but a Spirit god enchained in its stead.

In the darkness it freed me of my suffering, and with my sight, I too freed it. It told me of your inevitable coming, and that when the walls of this monastery burn, I would be awakened from my slumber long enough to pass myself on, and no longer, as they still await me in nirvana.

The General's boon after was simple, he asked that during his time on earth he would accompany him as an adviser, thinking the child some gift from the heavens. Amida thought, and questioned that so long as he serves he will never take a life, and will serve only until he finds love and no longer. The General agreed...

Months passed as the wars continued, Amida meditated in the midst of a battlefield, commanding troops and advising the general from a cross legged position on the General's table. Their forces faced a crushing wave of enemy troops double in size to their own. Amida knew, it was time he was to take up a position on the battlefield. Proclaiming to the General Master, pull your men back to the highest hill on the battlefield, and be ready to strike through the heart of the enemy, this day is yours, and I shall hand you your victory... as this is heaven's decree. Standing up, Amida, with his own personal retinue of warrior priests, stood high atop the hill, one hand raised in prayer as he balanced upon a beam which rose to the sky.

The enemy army charged as the mantras of the priests at first were drowned out. But the mantras grew louder, and more thunderous. Amida drew upon his own monstrous reserves of chakra as lightning struck through the sky from the pressure. Oil fires were lit in his presence to bar off the enemy for precious moments. Finally, Amida incarnated his clan and himself in history as his third eye opened wide for the first time with a monstrous ravenlike caw, weakening the enemy force enough for victory to be attained. their jutsu faltered and their troops demoralised. Now trumped and out gunned their offensive crumbled into chaos, and the battle was won for Amida's General.

Peace reigned in the region as the flames went out. Amida taking a young girl's hand whom was within the confines of the enemy camp to be his bride. Proclaiming this as his love, Amida left the war effort, and began the siring of their clan. To his word, after the first twins were born, Amida closed his eyes in meditation, and passed away quietly, and mysteriously, leaving his wife to fend for them. Beginning the first in an ever growing tree of the Amida clan, each, raised to question their surroundings and often inscribing the ritualistic symbols of Amida upon their bodies. The clan forever represented by the gift of the Chained Daeva which will ever be imparted on their brow.

The Third Eye: Sokushinbutsu.
Members: Prominent members of the clan both presently & historically.

The Amida Clan [Revamp] Y4syLuV
Kekkei Genkai Name: The Third Eye - Sokushinbutsu
Kekkei Genkai Description: The most prominent symbol and feature of this clan is their third eye. Present across their forehead in a three in wide slit. When their third eye is opened, it gives them the ability to refract the chakra inside their bodies from the malleable optic lenses within the eyes, and cast out before them. Meaning that they can cast jutsu rapidly, without the use of hand seals, from the eye. Jutsu cast through this eye have to be equal to the ninja’s rank or lower. (Although chuunin can use B-rank jutsu normally, they would only be able to use C-rank through their third eye). Although the Sokushinbutsu is most famous for this particular power the also has a few different, lesser known abilities.

The Sokushinbutsu eye is able to attain multiple malleable Lenses which determine its power and effectiveness, with each additional lens they unlock additional abilities and capabilities as well as extend the sight range of their eye. You must keep track of the number of lenses you've awoken at the top of your Jutsu list. For example, if you have two Lenses, there should be two spoilers at the top of your Jutsu List with each containing the lenses you unlocked. Each time you gain an additional lens, you must link the thread you attained it, in your jutsu registration thread as if applying a technique and await it to be approved by a moderator.

The Blue Lens - First Awakening
To open their eye for the first time the member must experience Zen, a state of pure calm and/or absolute focus, be it in combat or simply from hard work. This must be done ICly in a thread with a word count of 2000 words, but can be done with NPCs. This version is unlockable at genin level.

Awakening their third eye allows them to open their eye (which in this stage is plain and bright blue.) with the ability to use the base incarnation of the Sokushinbutsu technique. When activated, this stage of the third eye during the Sokushinbutsu technique has no more than a 90 degree range of vision while moulding chakra for jutsu. Lastly, their third eye gains the ability to regenerate while the eye is closed for 4 turns (at all ranks of damage) if injured. The eye, as well as being a physical asset, is not entirely material in nature.

The blue lens requires a -10 chakra cost to activate and -5 per post to maintain.

The Red lens: Second Awakening
The awakening of the second lens increases the range of the Sokushinbutsu eye to a 120 degree field of vision while moulding chakra, and is available for training chuunin. This must be done in a thread where the user attains a similar state of zen. This must be done ICly in a thread with a word count of 3000 words, but can be done with NPCs.

This level of the sokushinbutsu highlights reactive ability and an analytical mindset. Granting a +1 to reaction time within the doujutsu’s sight range. The red lens refract chakra emissions and allows them to passively look through obstructions that are not being actively concealed with chakra in a stealth jutsu at least equal to the rank the Amida’s perception stat is at.

At this level, the regeneration of the Sokushinbutsu is increased, being able to regenerate in 3 posts. Additionally, to use the the Red lens it requires a -20 chakra to activate and -10 to maintain

The Purple Lens: Final Awakening
At the final awakening of the final lens the user gains the ability to create what is known by clansmen as ‘Divine Sparks’. These sparks appear as small floating spheres of light, and by paying 5 chakra they are able to produce a single orb from their third eye, up to three, and can maintain any number of these orbs for a slight difference in cost. (5 per post for 1 or 2 orbs, and -10 per post if all three orbs are summoned.) These orbs act as a substitute for the caster, allowing them to cast jutsu with these sparks acting as the origin point instead of the caster themselves. The sight limitation for the third eye is increased to a 180 degree field of vision.

The final lens is available at B-rank / special jounin. This must be done in a thread where the user attains a similar state of zen they experienced while working to unlock the previous forms of the sokushinbutsu.  This must be done ICly in a thread with a word count of 4000 words, but can be done with NPCs. It costs -25 chakra to activate the purple lens and -15 to maintain.

Additionally their third eye is strengthened, allowing them to empower one jutsu cast  through it, or the Divine Sparks' once every three posts. The jutsu enhanced is increased by 1 rank when it interacts with other jutsu or items. Costing an additional 15 chakra on top of its base cost. This last ability is specific to the Purple Lens.

Casting jutsu through the third eye is a varied experience and isn’t precisely the same for everyone or every type of jutsu. While utilizing the sokushinbutsu, for ninjutsu it is assumed to follow the same guidelines as it would if they were casting it regularly, except the effects are projected through their third eye, without the need of handsigns. Fuinjutsu could be projected on a surface at a distance, defaulting to the lowest range for that jutsu’s rank, without any specifications that state otherwise. Or with medical ninjutsu, being able to reliably heal others without being near them. In a similar case to the fuinjutsu example. Generally, if the caster wants to maintain a jutsu cast through their third eye it needs to remain within the sight range of the Sokushinbutsu.

Drawbacks:

• The Amida are renowned for their usage of the multiple lenses they are blessed with however are not able to use all of them at once. The abilities afforded by specific lenses are restricted to that version of the Sokushinbutsu. While they are able to switch between lenses they have acquired it requires a post of unfocusing their ocular lenses, unable to cast through their third eye at this time.

• Once an Amida clansmen unlocks their Sokushinbutsu they become used to the additional information picked up from their third eye, becoming more dependent on it as it grows in strength. For every lens they possess in their jutsu list they receive a -1 to their perception stat when they are unable to use their third eye. (When it’s damaged, switching between lenses, etc…)

• Additionally they receive a -1 to their reaction time to anything not directly in their sight range as they rely heavily on their visual prowess.

• Clan members must take the 'Hesitant Element' specialization without balancing it.

• The Third Eye can be transferred, but requires an extra 500 ryo to pay for the transplant. Due to the eye being  an extra 1/2 inch longer in diameter.

Last edited by Kisei on Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:51 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)

2The Amida Clan [Revamp] Empty Re: The Amida Clan [Revamp] Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:17 pm

Issei

Issei

D-rank
First two lenses look fine, third lens is a bit too strong for a doujutsu, giving you a lot of added benefits beyond its base function. I'd like you to increase the cost to create orbs. 5 for the first orb and the second is fine, 10 for the third orb, and I want the maintenance cost to be increased to 10 per post if all three orbs are active.

The ability to pour any amount of chakra into a specific jutsu to make it essentially unable to be blocked is too strong. I'd rather you make it so that its interactivity is based on rank rather than chakra cost, though it will still require an additional chakra cost to be used.

http://www.narutosaga.com/t23427-new-organization-ninshiki#18669

3The Amida Clan [Revamp] Empty Re: The Amida Clan [Revamp] Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:09 pm

Issei

Issei

D-rank
For clarification, do these clansmen start with Senjutsu, and is that new? Because I don't remember the clan being associated with Senjutsu, but I could be incorrect.

4The Amida Clan [Revamp] Empty Re: The Amida Clan [Revamp] Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:41 pm

Kisei

Kisei

B-rank
Sorry for the mistake, I had intention-ed the Amida to focus on their history are occultist monks and their focus with zen in an eariler version of this revamp. I've edited that part out now. Though to answer your question, the clan originally did not start out with senjutsu either.

5The Amida Clan [Revamp] Empty Re: The Amida Clan [Revamp] Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Issei

Issei

D-rank
Alright, this looks good. Sorry for the wait. Approved.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.