You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Return to the Island [Sero/Inv/Nk] Empty The Return to the Island [Sero/Inv/Nk] Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:33 am

Rogue

Rogue

D-rank
The mist was raising over the island, and the waters calm. It seemed that everything, even the air itself was in a state of still. Something was happening today and it seemed that whatever it was could either be big, or the start of something that was so. The old dock hand stood on the end of the pier, his deformed features hit by the rising sun of the early morning. He knew what was happening, or felt something to that effect. He waited patiently, with his weather eye on the horizon. To his eye, something was caught: a bobbing dot in the distance, steadily growing closer. It would seem to be someone traveling towards the island in a small boat, a dinghy. The island rarely got visitors but this boat was familiar, a part of the island since the last time it had come. Something was returning having finished the mission asked of it.

As the boat grew closer to the island, a young man was visible as he rowed with his back facing the dock hand. He wore an ocean blue jacket with a fur-lined hood. The sleeves of this jacket having a pattern like those of reptilian scales. He had navy blue pants on, blue sneakers, and a white tee shirt with a depiction of a blue dragon. The dragon on his tee shirt bore fins and gills, which gave the impression of a water-borne creature instead of an airborne one that fit with the legends of dragons. Upon his head one could see black locks bobbing up and down as he rowed, the short hair reaching the very nape of his neck and stopping as though that's where it was meant to be. When the boat was mere meters from the dock the boy stopped rowing and stood, turning to face the pier. His cobalt eyes gazing wistfully at the shore and the man awaiting his return. To his left hand was a sword bearing a specific mark upon it.

When the boat hit the dock the boy jumped out onto the wooden pier and the dock hand began to tie his boat to the docks to make sure it went nowhere. "He's waiting for you." Is all that was heard. With a nod, the male walked on down the path he'd traveled twice before, his eyes straight forward. Around him he heard the movement in the trees, would see the dog-sized shadows dart across his path every once in a while, but he pressed on. He knew of this island and her inhabitants. His mind only focused on his new task and on returning to the man who would teach him the ways of the strong. He reached the gates and pushed them open with a loud creak, closing them behind him to stare up at his destination: a large worn down manse. Without a second to think, he pushed onward and approached the door, opening it slowly and calmly to close this behind him as well. He approached the familiar throne room he'd seen only once before and it was then that the dragon stopped, some distance away, just barely into the door. He bowed, and got to one knee, showing the sword he'd returned with. He spoke, loud enough for the room to hear his voice, with conviction. "My task is done, Master Sero Osada."

Sero

Sero

S-rank
The island seemed to stir from a sense of stillness as a new face approached it once more. Not new in the sense it had never been there, simply new in a way that it stuck out. Something so filled with life where the realm of the dead met that of the living. Even the cold breeze barely stirred the mist blanketing the ground. Swirling it here and there around a tree trunk but doing little else. The tree branches bare as they were seemed to stretch out like clawing fingers. Blocking out a great deal of the light from overhead. Long shadows cast across the forest floor that made the mist stand out a pearl white ever more. With each step Rogue would take it would only be done with the assumption that there was road beneath the curtain. The mist itself so thick it hardly parted with each falling step. However eyes were already upon him besides that of the ferry man. Dozens of eyes peering from deeper into the woods. Skittering away faster than he walked to deliver the news. The young man had returned. The one who smelled of the sea. Water clinging to him like a child to a parent.

Still he would find nothing interrupted his walk towards the manor. Even through the hunger he might be able to feel peering at his back like a large meal no creature dared intercept him. He was more than welcome on this island. He was expected. The sword he carried like a key granting him access without question. It's seal plain for all to see. The seal of the man to whom he sought out. The dark lord of the manor. Sero Osada. He was of course influential enough to be sought out but one might wonder what goal Rogue truly had. Such men were not known for teaching kindness but more that of spreading the violence. Would he train under the man and grow darker in nature as well or would he too succumb to the deepest shadows in his soul fed to become strong. Only time could truly tell. Still the loud creak of the gate drew Sero's attention even as the spider scouts began to whisper to his ear. He already knew before the man made it up to the manor itself who he was and what he carried. Aside from that he knew another interesting factoid. The young man was returning alone. A change from the initial wishes of Sero.

When Rouge would enter the manor the door would cast the majority of the light in the room from outside. The interior of the manor itself darkened with every light doused. Sero could see well enough so on his own time with no guests there was no reason for light. He was more comfortable hidden in the darkness anyway. Still the door would close and Rogue would find nothing inhibiting him from entering the throne room and yet it looked empty. He would be able to sense it though. Sero was nearby and watching him. Like the eyes of the damned he would be able to feel it like a creature hunting him as he entered its den. Still he would bow and speak. Dropping to one knee. If he was watching, from one of the deeper shadows of the throne room a pair of dull grey eyes would open and seem to be the only thing visible within the darkness. Only remaining a moment before Sero would step out from the shadow. His long hair loose around his shoulders as he was wearing a black robe with a dark blue sash. Bare feet against the ground underneath him. Yet as he moved out of the shadows it was as if he glided there. His lips parting as he moved to stand before Rogue a mere two meters away. Dull grey eyes observing him as he spoke.

"I see you returned with my sword and yet you do so alone. No company at your back. I suppose young Rogue the only question remaining before I reclaim what is mine....what is it you have learned?"

Rogue

Rogue

D-rank
OOC: My b, been busy.

"That part is regrettable. The woman I was asked to find simply stared me down and refused to answer whether she'd come with me or not. Time was of the essence and so I took it upon myself to depart alone. As for what I've learned, I'd have to say it was all completely surprising to me." The ninja trailed off, quietly thinking on how best to continue talking to the would be trainer for him. Was he really as the Mizukage had described him? Rogue sighed a bit before he decided to continue on, honestly. He didn't want to hide anything from his would be master, as that would put them off on the wrong foot immediately. "The Mizukage told me you were a dangerous man, but fair in your own way. That you were someone of great strength: your father being the previous Mizukage that trained her initially.  It would also seem that you're the junior holder of the name Sero Osada, but brought just the same strength and harshness to it, if not more. Since it seems you're far harsher than the Mizukage, this being her own words."

Rogue took a breath, and bit his lip, thinking on what he was told and the information that had passed from the Mizukage to him, and then unto Sero. It was a lot more than he figured he'd get from the administration offices and was almost daunting. "I was also told you're the Heisho to the current Mizukage as well as the captain of the seven swordsmen. You have much prestige and rumour to your name it would seem. That is all I've learned so far, as the Mizukage was also teaching me in her ways. I asked to be trained by the both of you, so that I could become the strongest ninja I could be. If you're truly harsher than the Mizukage, I have my work cut out for me. The first day I met her I was broken in multiple places, with fractured ribs and internal bleeding. Regardless, I'll do my best not to disappoint you, Master Sero." The man dipped his head again, offering up the blade once more to Sero. He hoped that what he'd said was enough to grant him the man's favour and teachings.

395|965

Last edited by Rogue on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero would listen for a moment to the mans response. Grey eyes watching him without blinking. As if a statue he stood there motionless. There was no sign of life from him aside from the ever so slight heat radiating from him. The man was a sauna to stand close to but it was a bearable heat. At least for those that could feel it. Still even for those with no sense of touch there was something else about the man. As if the shadows he emerged from was housing something far more wicked within. As if the appearance before rogue was little more than an illusion to calm him. Surely whatever gave off an aura of sheer despair and infinite darkness awaiting one wrong move to consume him could not be human. Sero was born of monstrous potential. Left for dead as a babe and forced to survive even at the infancy he had been abandoned at. For many years of his life he had no defense besides his aura. That dark thing stirring within him had chased away predators and intruders alike. Looters spreading the word the island was haunted before any of them truly began to bleed. He learned his first words from the screams of those that crossed him.

Still the fact that Teru had opted not to assist the young man in his return albeit upon Sero's request made him wonder. Teru had returned having abandoned him once before more powerful than when she had left. She had sworn loyalty to him and for it he granted her strength in the form of fire. Raising her in potency to the level that she could support him in missions. Naming her his knight and his right hand. For her to deny him, was it jealousy in some form? Or did she doubt the abilities of this man named rogue? He would question her himself should she return soon to the manor. Once more having faded from his side. She would return soon if her loyalty was strong. If not then he would need a new knight to replace her. Rogue was a determined man from what he had seen. Having actually returned to the Mizukage and learned of him. Her words did not surprise him. Though her harshness with him was a surprise. When she had mentored Sero her focus was on restraint. It appeared she had broken this boy to remold him. To what end he wondered? Still Sero would speak once more as he stepped forward fully out of the shadows.

"If she does not mind sharing you than my student you shall become. The lady Mizukage is of course free to come and collect what is left of you when and if she pleases. I simply ask you return when allowed. As for my lessons, there will be studies to adhere to but pain without reason is not my goal. You will be broken but nothing more than our baths can not fix. Each time I break you something new will be gained. Of that I promise. Of course you will learn both of the mind and the body. Perhaps even placed within a squad if you like. Follow me for the time being and I will show you to your room and the medical baths. Two places you will be spending plenty of time within." With that said Sero would reach out a pale hand. Long fingers reaching out with crimson nails gently touching the sword the man offered back up to him. The weight of the sword lifting at Sero's touch but not because he had lifted it. Instead the sword peeled away into mist until it was gone. Sealed away with ease to somewhere else in the manor. With that done Sero would turn and begin to walk to the other end of the throne room. A slow pace but still it was strange. His form didn't seem to shift when he walked and instead it appeared almost as if the man were gliding across the floor.

Rogue

Rogue

D-rank
OOC: Sorry this took so long, I'd been working a lot.

Rogue listened intently to his new teacher and nodded. He would learn from the Mizukage herself and this strange man that was the head of the Osada line. When the sword was gone from his grasp, the ninja looked up, expecting to see the sword being held by his master. Instead, to his surprise, the sword was nowhere to be seen, as though it had disappeared into thin air. He had so many questions about what had happened to the blade but it appeared he would not have time to ask them. They were to be making a stop to the medical facilities and his room. Two places he was told he would be spending a large amount of time in. Without a word, the man had turned to depart, across the long throne room, Rogue jumping up to follow after him, eager to move things along in his training and hopefully become much stronger. He had a lot of ideas on how to continue going in his path of strength, but joining a squad didn't seem to be one of them. He had two of the strongest ninja he could find as teachers, what did he need with others on a team?

Rogue was so busy thinking, he almost didn't notice that his teacher seemed to be moving so quickly he wasn't touching the ground at all. Or.. Was he not touching the ground period? Was he simply gliding over the ground, without even touching it? So much of this man and his methods were a mystery, but now he didn't even seem to need to touch the ground? Rogue was mostly in awe at the man before him and followed behind closely as he dared. His thoughts went back to the instructions given him by the Mizukage. She wanted him to grab something from the manor for part of his training, but Sero couldn't know. What could he grab that this wizard of a man wouldn't notice? Especially since he seemed tied to the island in the most arcane or spiritual way. The very island and the denizens themselves seemed to be working for Sero and would most likely tell him if anything were to happen that their master would not like. Rogue sighed to himself and shook his head. He had no idea how he would get away with anything like what the Mizukage asked and didn't know if he truly wanted to. It seemed so disrespectful to someone that would open his home to a stranger and train them.

430|1,395

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero would guide the young Rogue along the stone walkways leading into the manor and further away from the world it would seem. Different historical armors of both shinobi and Samurai orders decorated mannequins on either side of each hall. Each of them in order of some historically held power by their nations and when. Some lesser known villages from long ago were the first they passed but as they continued on the five great nations made assorted appearances based on which was considered the strongest at the time. Including a couple of Samurai armors when the world had found themselves less than a match for the samurai armies. However as they continued a few rooms in Rogue might notice that not all the armors were of well known or even nations that had been considered good. Some were even from nations one might consider wicked like the sound. Sero was not one to discriminate power recognition simply because of personal beliefs or societies standards. One might wonder how he obtained all of them. The materials were old. Restored as they were the passage of time was still obvious. He had sought them out purely for history placed on display. Its appeared whatever Sero set out to do he did it fully.

Still after about three long rooms with doors on either side leading elsewhere they came to the back of the manor. A set of double doors with no windows made of a heavy metal. As if it was designed to resist breaches. Not exactly a vault but certainly a fall back point. What could possibly be the advantage of locking ones self into the back of the manor? Sero would reach it and seem to settle in front of the door. Glancing back to observe Rogue behind him before pressing his right hand on the center where the doors met. His grey eyes would observe the young man before a simple shove swung both doors open slowly. Heavy things as they were they opened as he beckoned. Still the smell of Almonds and honey would rush forth and fill the air. Within was four baths made of marble with a strange white liquid within them. Almost solid like wax. It was clear the smell was coming from them. Sero would stand to the side to let Rogue enter. If he looked up he would see a drop barricade above the door designed to be dropped and force the doors to remain closed. Sero would let Rogue observe for a moment before speaking up in turn. His tone was a slow monotone as if he held no life or interest within this room besides a simple tool. Like a garden shovel.

"Here in the back of the manor is the medical baths. Bruises heal within minutes, Cuts within hours that would normally need stitching. Broken bones reformed within a day.Simply by resting within one of these baths. This room is to be used to recover quickly after training and to keep you from any permanent damage. Along with that should the manor be invaded and one or more of our members were to be maimed we would retreat here. Even an explosive tag would do little more than burn scorch these doors."

Rogue

Rogue

D-rank
Rogue quietly sauntered behind his mentor, lost in his thoughts. Every now and then, he'd look around to the items of note to see armours on either side of the hall. They were well made, incredible and seemed to be from well known nations; powerful nations and even those that were known for strength or purity of character. There were the daunting ones and those that seemed wicked in nature, a few that looked like they'd come all the way from Otogakure: the village hidden in the sound. There was so much history within this one hall that Rogue could scarcely believe one man could have collected it all or put that much effort into finding it.  Rogue felt the need to ask about this, to put his curiosities to rest; he remained silent for the time being. There was much he wanted to ask his mentor about this place and the items it held, but he knew that he would have time to eventually ask or learn about each piece if he truly stayed there long enough to be trained by someone so ambitious that he'd collect armours of warriors past in a completeness like the one the young ninja was seeing now.

They would complete their trek through three long rooms with doors to arrive at what felt like the back of the manor, Rogue still in awe at everything he'd been seeing. It wasn't long before Sero had settled in front of a specific place and Rogue had nearly run into him. Stopping where he was, the young ninja looked on in even more of an awe-filled state to see large double doors made of metal. The doors themselves seemed to be defensible of their own: built to last and to keep intruders out. Like a safe room but less than that Rogue guessed. Why would one need such fortifications at the back of the manor? Could one not just open the doors? Or was there some trick to it that the young ninja didn't understand? He realized he was being observed by his teacher before the man reached forward to place his hand on the middle of where the doors met, pushing them open with what seemed little effort. It was incredible to say the least, that one such as Sero could push them open without exerting much strength. That was washed away as the scent of almonds and honey flooded his nose. Rogue followed the beckoning of Sero to enter the room as the older man stood aside. He looked around in wonder, first at the four baths that looked solid as wax, then up towards the door to see a sort of barricade that could be dropped behind the door to seal it closed in times of invasion. Everything was so amazing!

He listened at attention when his mentor spoke up, with such little interest at the location they were currently in.  He spoke of wounds healing in times that seemed magical, almost fantasy. As a ninja, Rogue knew better than to think that, though. He knew enough about medical ninja and their jutsu to know such things were possible. But from baths? That was unheard of and certainly worth some interest. He understood the disinterest, as Sero probably saw this all too much. Or not as much as his students? Rogue would never ask but he was curious of this. "Not even scorch the doors? There's so much wonderment here that I don't know where to begin but you're telling me this room is like a fortress of its own? That's incredible! This manor seems more and more interesting the more I learn, but I feel on the same hand the more I learn, the less I know. Does this place get used often, or are your other students used to the training enough that they hardly have need of such a place? And do you think you'd need to fall back or that we'd get invaded? It seems suicidal, you know for the invaders"

635|2,080

8The Return to the Island [Sero/Inv/Nk] Empty Re: The Return to the Island [Sero/Inv/Nk] Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:15 pm

Sero

Sero

S-rank
"Not even scorch the doors? There's so much wonderment here that I don't know where to begin but you're telling me this room is like a fortress of its own? That's incredible! This manor seems more and more interesting the more I learn, but I feel on the same hand the more I learn, the less I know. Does this place get used often, or are your other students used to the training enough that they hardly have need of such a place? And do you think you'd need to fall back or that we'd get invaded? It seems suicidal, you know for the invaders"

The words brought a raised eyebrow from Sero. He had been taking precautions of his own and yet to him it all seemed necessary. For the boy though it was something different. He was used to the safety and security the village itself provided. However that was some distance away. Such luxuries were no longer afforded to those that crossed the river. The manor was isolated which meant they were vulnerable in a certain way that suggested no one was coming to save them unless they could hold out for a considerably longer time. Reinforcements of Jounin level were at least a good fifteen minutes out. In a battle that could wound Sero that was an awful long time to hold out in the open. This was his answer to the issue. A fortress within with healing baths. Something to hold the enemy at bay for a long time. However a different question was asked since he ignored the others. He let his dead gaze fall upon the boy and spoke hollow words with no sense of hope or interest in what he spoke of.

"The sheep I have slaughtered for so long have began to panic and a foolish thought was passed between them. If there is enough of us the wolf will die. Of course the sheep came to the slaughter and bled. Death plagued the lawns and yet those who helped arrange this thought, we just need more sheep, better armed sheep, stronger sheep. So there will be some less than frequent attacks on this place. Be prepared to kill before they can kill you. Now come along. We have one last spot for me to show you for the day."

With that said he turned and walked from the room. There was another way in but it was hidden for the time being. A secret escape pathway he had installed himself with considerable effort leading off the grounds. It was to remain hidden for his own benefit. Still he would seem to float along down the hall and back to the main entry before turning. Nearly gliding up the stairs circling the edge of the round room to the second floor. Webs decorated the corners of the dimly lit room. As they passed if rogue followed the sounds of distant whispers could be heard. Inaudible but for the sound itself. Yet there was no one to be seen. Only spiders. Still they would move down the hall until they reached one of the many rooms. Sero would touch the door and idly it would swing inwards. Within was a four post bed with dark curtains nearly drawn around it. One window with a desk under it. A wooden chair pressed under the desk. Two dressers were set against the wall opposite the bed and a bathroom was tucked into a corner connected via a doorway into the room. Humble quarters all the same. Still Sero would speak.

"If you train with me here, This is where you will reside. You may leave each night if you wish to visit any semblance of what you call home or the village. However every morning you are here we will train. Know this though, you haven't seen anyone else because none have withstood the training regiment offered here and have fled my presence. We shall see if you do the same."

Rogue

Rogue

D-rank
Rogue looked around the room more, taking it all in as much as he could. No matter how he looked it all seemed to hold more secrets than he would ever be able to uncover. Sero spoke of sheep coming to the slaughter, thinking they'd have the strength to take on the wolves with more sheep or more powerful sheep, and each time it would seem the same thing would occur. With a subtle nod, Rogue showed that he understood the meaning, if only a bit. When facing the dangers of the wolves one would need more than to bring more sheep, one would have to become something much greater. They would need to become wolves themselves or employ a creature at the level of a wolf or greater. This was all conjecture on Rogue's part though, and with a turn it was time for Sero to show him the last spot of the day. With a quickened step, he followed behind his new tutor, trying not to fall behind as the man seemed to float across the floor through the halls.

They ascended a stairwell at a rapid pace, Rogue thinking quietly to himself on a few things the Mizukage had told him. One of these being that Sero was the captain of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist. Rogue had heard of the group before to be sure, but had not taken the time to really understand exactly what their purpose was. If Sero was the captain, he would undoubtedly put the others to shame in a test of strength or any battle. But were there still active members of that group? Or was the seven swordsmen seven in name alone?  Rogue was pulled out of his train of thought by the sounds of whispers, audible in the sound of them occurring alone. Were there others in the manse currently? Or was that the sound of the spiders themselves? Whispering among themselves and judging the worth of the newcomer to their home. Rogue didn't have much time to think about this or ask as soon they came to a door that Sero stopped at, touching the fine wood before it swung idly open.

Inside the room was some of the most beautiful sights he'd ever seen for a bedroom. A luxurious four poster bed with the curtains drawn nearly around it, dark in shade. There was a desk in the room with a chair under it, both being under a window. Two dressers sat opposite of the bed and there seemed to be a door leading into what could be a bathroom. It was amazing to see such things as Rogue had only known caves to sleep in, or the dinghy he had at the dock. Still, he was appreciative to have a place to lay his head. Sero spoke, saying this is where he'd reside, with the nights to himself but mornings dedicated to training. No one else had ever made it through the regiment without abandoning the island and fleeing Sero's pressence. They were to see if Rogue would join those numbers. He adamantly shook his head before speaking. "I can't turn back now, I have to see this through. My goal is to become stronger, no matter the cost." After thinking for a moment, he spoke once more to Sero. "The mizukage told me you're the captain of the seven swordsmen.. What is it they do? Their purpose? What does it take to join their ranks?" He looked up at his new master with determination in his eyes, fire burning inside him.

605|2,685

EXIT

Training:

Last edited by Rogue on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total

10The Return to the Island [Sero/Inv/Nk] Empty Re: The Return to the Island [Sero/Inv/Nk] Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:22 pm

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero would glance towards the young man as he considered his reaction. He had thought the room rather barren without any of the art or items he had read of in novels that one might use to decorate a room. His grey eyes would take in the excitement a moment before thinking the designs he had allowed were sufficient. If the boy wished for more he of course could decorate himself. He could add his own personal touch to all of it. Of course that was if he could withstand the training and grow into something more. Sero still held his doubts as no one had managed so far as of yet. His own student would need to withstand hell itself. However it was entirely possible since it was training Sero had put himself through. Of course that was just what he had found to be common. He would teach this boy but only to the extent of not breaking him if that were possible. Still the young man would speak up with questions of his own. Revealing desires he had for his future and plans to be set. Sero would pause a moment before replying to the questions in the order they were asked.

"The seven swords man are each a master of their weapon and blade. They stand above the others within that field and as such are famous for not being someone to be trifled with. The purpose of them is the same as any shinobi. To protect and improve the villages standing. However they are the final line one must cross short of the Mizukage herself. The Seven must be prepared to face down and army should it threaten our borders and not only face it, but slaughter it with such ferocity none would dare try again for years to come. As for what it takes to join me. First of course you must be recognized as a Jounin by the village of Kirigakure. Second, you must have mastered your chosen blade style that matches the sword you pursue. Lastly, you must pass a test of my design."

He would shift into silence then. As if finding it awkward to speak so much at once. His voice had been monotone and the words purely informative and yet it seemed like an awful lot to cover at once. Even if it was all just a summary of the answers the boy was after. Still the training had not yet begun and Sero needed to prepare for it. He would turn and move to the doorway. Preparing to close it behind him with only a moments hesitation to speak once more. His eyes glancing back into the room to Rogue. "Rest tonight and be ready in the morning. We will have breakfast in the main dining hall and then move onto physical training first. Oh and; don't leave the path to the manor if you go out at night. The woods are not a friendly place for those who wander." With that said Sero would step fully into the hall and close the door. Moving on towards his own room before slipping within a hidden passage at the end of the hall. Sliding down a narrow walk way into a hidden room where he truly rested. Trusting no one. Not even this student the Mizukage recognized. He had too many enemies and he would not allow his defenses to falter so easily. Training would be hell for the boy tomorrow but until then his own body needed rest. It needed a moment to restore its energy.

Exit thread

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.