You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Patrol [D-Rank/Solo/NK] Empty Patrol [D-Rank/Solo/NK] Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:00 pm

Mura

Mura

D-rank
Mission Details:

PATROL

It was almost evening, and Mura had just came back from his day at the training grounds.
Air was quite thick, even the swordsman could feel that. Several days had passed from his last mission, but in this kind of weather it felt like eternity. Mura's plan was to head home, have a good rest and request a mission in the morning. He greated the Jounin guards that were guarding the entrance of the village and they wished him a good evening. Mura ventured into the immense network of streets and tall buildings, which hosted mainly residential buildings.
He kept a strict regime – each time he would chose a different route. It was part of his nature, being paranoid to some extent. "Later during the day, it is better to use main streets and conjectures where a lot of people pass by or gather." So he walked on one of Kiri's boulevards which was, indeed, quite crowded. He learned a thing or two in the academy on how NOT to become a creature of habbit. Because of the prosperity the town had experienced in the last years under the reign of the current Mizukage, which was guided by militarisation of the nation, there were always shinobis on guard patroling the inside outs of the streets. The last thing one would want was falling into their suspicious eyes. Mura had never done anything wrong, at least when it came to obeying the dogmas that Kiri was built upon. In the eyes of ordinary folk his whole existence could be classified as one step behind for the kind and empathic human being, because he was definitely not the kind or emphatic type. Nevertheless, everybody needed to grab a bite, so Mura found himself waiting on the line for the fried fish and chips next to his place. This was the place which had the perfect balance between food quality and price. It wasn't too cheap, and the food wasn't too bad. The main reason he stopped by there is because he knew the owner of the joint, which lead to the second reason – Mura always received extra chips with the meal.
"Yo" Mura greeted him.
"Oh! Look at you! Were you training in the forest again?"
Indeed, Mura was quite dirty, one could easily tell he wasn't really spending his days at the library.
"You could say.."
The guy handed Mura a massive portion of food. Dinner was taken care of, so he headed directly to his appartment, eating up on the way. By the time he had reached his place, he was already falling asleep, so it didn't take him long to embrace his pillow.

A mellow morning greeted the citizens and shinobi of Kiri, who enjoyed the summer sun. The city woke up under the exotic sound of tropical birds. Mura looked outside. He was on the 13th floor. This allowed him to observe a great deal of the city and was particularly pleasant for him, because he felt like he is protectively watching over his home town. Somebody knocked on the door. Mura did not have a lot of friends in the building, neither did he have any enemies. He was mostly invisible for his neighbours, which was exactly what he wanted.
"It's probably that woman.." Mura opened the door with his left hand, while his right one patiently waited on the handle of the miao dao. There stood a good looking, middle-aged woman, who was smiling at the boy.
"I heard that a shinobi from the patrol unit had gotten sick recently. They are looking for a temporary replacement at the east quarter, you might want to check it out."
Indeed, it was her. She lived at the end of the hallway, which made her Mura's furthest neighbour on the 13th floor but the only one that actually knew him. She spoke to him from time to time, mainly giving Mura updates on important events and job openings. Also, she was to some extent a motherly figure in his life, especially after his parent's death. As a character, she was a complete opposite of Mura, namely: communicative and outgoing.
"Thanks, I will. I was on my way out to the administration to request a mission anyway."
"Oh, okay. As far as I know they need someone for the night shift patroling the streets. I think some hooligans are causing trouble."
"Huh?"
"I don't know anything else. I need to go now. Be sure to eat well!" The woman entered the elevator and went down, while Mura was closing the door after her.  

Fortunately, the current job opening was not to guard the walls of the village, because it was one of the most boring (and responsible) tasks a shinobi could do. Instead, Mura had to patrol the very streets of Kiri. First of all, the boy had to arrange it for himself, hence he left his house soon after the woman visited him. His destination was the outpost in the eastern quarter of the city. According to the information he was fed, it was there they needed extra help.One chuunin, probably the commander on shift for the outpost, was sitting on a chair and smoking a cigarette. "So this is what you do when you become a chuunin?" thought Mura, but he decided to not initiate the conversation in such a skeptical manner.
"I am here for the patrol mission. I heard there is an opening for the evening shift."
The chuunin, who seemed as apathetic as Mura, looked at the boy with an empty look. "Name?"
"Momochi Mura."
He wrote something down, most probably the boy's name, and stood up.
"Your shift starts at 10. You will report to me in the morning, around 6. So in total you will be patrooling the streets for around 8 hours. Don't worry, nothing really happens."
"I was told that there are complaints regarding some hooligans?"
"Aah, yeah, forgot about that...hmm.."
The chuunin started getting on Mura's nerves because of his carelessnes.
"..true, true. Make sure nobody  breaks anything, steals from old ladies, bla bla.. you know the drill."Mura just noded and left. He promised to himself that one day he is going to bash this guy's head into a blunt object, preferrably a heavy stone. The boy did not attempt to contradict him because he was the superior in that case. One day, though, one day..

WC: 1067

2Patrol [D-Rank/Solo/NK] Empty Re: Patrol [D-Rank/Solo/NK] Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:36 pm

Mura

Mura

D-rank
The time for Mura's shift was nearby, so the boy was already in the eastern quarter, having a massive bowl of ramen with his favorite udon noodles. Even though the boy could not really feel the taste of the food, there was something in the shape of the noodles that was particularly attractive for him. After he finished his dinner he immediately started walking towards the outpost, where he had to check in.

A couple of minutes later the boy was sucessfully noted as present and his shift started after this last formality. It was time for him to finally start patroling the streets of the eastern parts of Kiri's village.

In total, Mura had to work until sunrise. Then, another shinobi would change him. Such was the whole idea of the patroling divisions - there was always someone watching, not even a second the streets of Kiri were left unprotected. The pride of the Momochi clan was ignited inside of Mura as he felt privilleged to serve such an important, although boring, task.

At first, Mura was just one of the many people out on the streets, but as the night crawled upon the sky, the city calmed down. The shop owners slowly shut down their joints, collecting the bill from the last customers. A few sake bars stayed open until later, where people were having drinks, laughing and enjoying the cool that came with sundown. As the night progressed, less and less people wandered around.

It was around 2 in the morning when Mura decided it is time to rest for a few minutes. He had been walking for several hours, but it was not expected from him to be constantly moving. "It is a deserved rest" he thought while he was climbing on a building which hosted a small pawn shop. He sat on the rooftop with his legs swinging like a pendulum back and forth. Mura could observe the street quite well from such a position, thus he was not worried about not being able to see if something wrong happens. Hearing was also not a problem for him, since the city was quiet at this time of night. Actually, his only concern was that nothing would happen and he would just have to wait until the morning sun, when he would collect the payment for the sucessful completion of the mission. He stopped swinging his legs and laid on his back, staring and at the stars, secretly wishing something nasty would come up and make him utilize his miao dao.

Then, out of a sudden, he heard a window breaking. Someone was just below Mura. He then heard the sound of glass crackling under a person's careful steps. The shinobi stood up and looked down. He saw two boys, around his age, obviously Kiri genins, who were coming out of the shop. One of them was carrying a bag, the other had his katana out.
"Ok, I will take the backstreets from here, you will pretend that you have heard a window breaking and you came to see what is going on. I will meet you at the hideout." The boy with the bag started walking somewhere, while the other one stayed there.

Their plan was good, of course. No one would suspect that the boy at the crime scene was part of the robbery. Mura thought that they must have done this before. He hated such people, especially shinobis that have fallen morally and steal from the people they are supposed to protect. And then it hit him. These two must be the hooligans, or part of the gang, who had been terrorizing the streets of Kiri with their petty crimes. There was a problem, though. If Mura apprehended the person who stayed at the shop, it would be the word of one genin against the word of another. Nothing would come up from this. He had to prove somehow that there were two people at the crime scene and that they committed the robbery.
“There is only one way to do this. I will follow the guy who ran away.” His decision was followed by a swift jump from the roof of the pawn shop to the roof of the neighbouring building. Afterwards, Mura landed on the street and started running after the robber.

It did not take him long to catch up with the other boy. It seemed that Mura was not only faster than him, but he also had the advantage that his enemy had no idea someone is after him. The heavy bag of stolen goods was also slowing him down. Mura decided to use the above mentioned advantage and surprise the culprit, ending everything with one attack. The patrolling shinobi infused chakra in his legs and climbed on one of the buildings surrounding the back alley they were currently on. After a couple of seconds Mura was already ahead of his enemy.
“Now!”
The boy took out his miao dao and jumped down, heading directly towards his enemy with a swing of the dao. Of course, he did not want to kill him or anything. Instead, he was aiming for the bag, thus the blade successfully cut through the sack and all of the stolen goods fell on the ground. The running genin fell on the ground, losing his balance from the unexpected attack.
“It would be easier for both of us if you just stayed where you are.”
Mura told the other guy, who was lying on the ground, with a miao dao pointing directly to his face.
“Who do you think you are? Attacking a fellow shinobi?! Just wait when the patrol comes and sees this!”
Poor guy, he had no idea Mura was the patrolling shinobi in this quarter. Legally, he could actually slit his throat right there and get away with it, however, his reputation as a murderer would spread really quick, and even though there wouldn’t be any formal repercussion, living with such reputation, especially at that age, was not something a shinobi wanted. Therefore, Mura decided to be patient and smart.
“I will keep an eye on you until the other patrols come. I saw everything you and your friend did. There is no hope for you now. If I were you, I would just confess and take my punishment as a man. And in the case the higher ups decide you are any worth a shinobi, I would never do something like this again.”
Mura kept his miao dao ready, really close to the culprit’s face. There was no way out for him, and he knew that. It was really the best decision to accept defeat and face the consequences, even idiots who committed such crimes knew that.

Not long after all this happened, a chuunin, probably the current shinobi in charge of the patrols in the eastern quarters, came to the place. After Mura told him everything and he saw the stolen goods on the ground, which had stickers with the logo of the pawn shop, he took the culprit with him.
“Good job, you did well.” Mura received a pat on the shoulder.
“There is no need for you to stay here anymore. Because of the robbery some other chuunins and I were mobilized for tonight. You can go home now, and don’t forget to collect your payment in the morning.”
Mura did not really want this shift to end, since it had proven itself quite interesting, but if the higher ranking told him so, there was nothing he could do. Thus, he nodded, put his miao dao on his back and slowly started walking towards his apartment.

WC: 1278

[Exit Thread]

TWC: 1067 + 1278 = 2345

Mission Completed: 2345 – 750 = 1595

STATS MODDING

Reaction Time(E-3 → D-1) 1595 – (300 + 325) = 970
Cost: 25 ryo
Speed(D-0 → D-1) 970 – 325 = 645
Strength(D-0 → D-1) 645 – 325 = 320
Endurance(E-3 → D-0) 320 – 300 = 20
Cost: 0 ryo
Total: 75 ryo

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.