You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Daremo

S-rank
"That was unexpected. Yet, I shouldn't have been surprised.", Daremo mused to himself, having just finished reading the parcel in his right hand. Ignoring the light snoring coming from his companion, Daremo briefly thought about the implications of the letter. Uchiha, Amaya, his superior at the hospital, and closest friend within Konohagakure had informed the current Hokage, Inuzuka Kenta, about the wandering-nin. Though the letter was short, she has obviously been in a rush, Daremo could still gather what she could have told the Kage. "Especially after the S-rank mission we did only a few days ago.", he mused, briefly thinking back to what all occurred on the mission, and what secrets were told; some which he had no plans on revealing so soon.

No matter, what was done couldn't be undone, and now he was left with meeting the Kage. Sure, he could skip out on the meeting, but . . . .his eyes glancing over at the young woman sprawled out with the covers barely covering her modesty, maybe he found a reason not to. With a sigh, he got up off the edge of the bed, walking over to the other side, he planted a small kiss on his lover's forehead. Looking around, he wrote a quick letter to her explaining that he is heading to the Hokage Tower to meet with the Kage about something of importance, and that, he wanted her to come once she awakes. Yes, he could've awoken her, but she was tired from what occurred last night, and she needed the rest more than he did. With the letter ridden, Daremo, dressed in an elegant dark purple kimono with gold intricate designs on it, shut the bedroom down with his purple eyes lingering on the woman for additional few seconds.

Daremo quickly moved down the hallway, paying no attention to the paintings that hung on the right side. Making it into the spacious living room, he went towards to the kitchen to grab an apple. With the fruit in hand, he exited his home, making sure to lock it. His lover, Kaia, her chakra had already been keyed into the fuuinjutsu seal of the house. She was the only one, asides from him, who could lock and unlock his home at will. He having keyed her in sometime within the relationship.

Once outside, Daremo performed a quick body flicker and appeared on the street leading to the Hokage's Tower. He didn't take him long to get there and confirm his appointment with Inuzuka Kenta. It would seem Amaya had forgotten to mention she schedule the appointment for 9 in the morning, thankfully he had arrived fifteen minutes early. Purple eyes idly looked around the lobby as he waited for permission to enter the Hokage's office.

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Kaia stirred slightly as her forehead was kissed but otherwise drifted back off to sleep up until the bedroom door was closed. Waking up she reached out into the bed, searching for the warm body of Daremo only to come up empty. Frowning to herself she would open her eyes, yawning softly and stretching before sitting up; holding the sheet wrapped around her to her chest as she glanced around the room with bright blue eyes. It took a second or two before she spotted the letter Daremo had written and left behind. She read it over quickly and then jumped out of the bed, throwing the sheets off of her and rushing over to where her clothing was kept – having moved in with Daremo not all that long ago. She pulled out an outfit out; a black v-neck t-shirt, black pants which went right down past her knees, and various under garments.

While she normally would have just thrown her clothing on and rushed out the door she felt she definitely needed a shower. Not wanting to waste time though – especially seeing as she had no idea what was going on between Daremo and his meeting with the Hokage – she rushed into the bathroom where she started up the shower and jumped in to the lukewarm spray. She washed quickly, starting with her long black hair which was properly washed and conditioned before moving to the rest of her body. Rinsed well she shut off the water and stepped out, grabbing her towel and drying off before wrapping it in her hair to pull the excess water out of her black locks of hair. She dressed while she waited for her hair to dry, again moving closer as to not waste time. Stepping back into the bedroom she tied her Konoha headband loosely around her neck, and her weapons pouch around her right leg; two things she never bothered leaving the house with. Pulling the towel from her hair she brushed it quickly and then threw it up into a ponytail, save for her bangs which were too short to pull back.

A glance at the clock showed she had only wasted a short bit of time. Deciding to skip over breakfast entirely she rushed out of the house, pausing only to ensure the door was locked behind her – a small smile forming on her face at the reminder that she was the only other person outside of Daremo who could open that door. With her secret little smile still on her face she rushed off and toward where she needed to be, taking to the roof tops instead of the streets as she normally would have ventured. She skipped over her favorite tea merchant and continued onward until she arrived. Into the building she spotted Daremo, her face calm though her eyes showed concern and curiosity. She had no idea what was going on, but a sudden meeting with the Hokage of all people seemed… odd to her. ”What’s going on?”, she would ask softly, coming to a stop near him and simply waiting for a response.

Word Count: 525

Kenta Inuzuka

Kenta Inuzuka

D-rank
I mean, if his day was going to 180°... this wasn't how he expected it to go. Nor was it all... that bad? He wasn't sure what to make of this, really. According to his Sister, the random medic that had been appreciating under her lately; the man with the Rounin credentials and no criminal history of any importance; the polite and able medic that was a boon to the heavily depleted medic corps of the village...

Guanyin Nanashi.

A living legend among medics; to the point that even Kenta knew of him. Not that he knew much; but enough to be rather impressed. This ghost of a man had been living in Konoha for how long now? As far as he knew, mostly from Satoshi feeding him information on Iwagakure; the man was supposed to be dead. Or something like that. Satoshi was getting conflicting information; which left Kenta in a bind, because there was nothing about the man on the legal or above ground lines. As far as the outside world was concerned, Nanashi had just vanished off the face of the planet; to the point that some where considering him MIA/KIA.

But he was in Konoha.

Apparently.

Headaches. They hurt.

He almost didn't want to open the door; but he knew he needed too. He absolutely had to. If only because Amaya had asked him too, he would deal with the tension migraine and get this over with. Maybe he'd get lucky and he could turn this into a good thing. Considering what Amaya was telling him; he might just have himself another Iwagakure Jounin turning green. This would be a damn good thing; given what Nanashi was famously able to do.

He sighed heavily, rubbing his temples in an attempt to clear a bit of the headache pulsing behind his skull and blond hair before barking toward the door; a sound that would carry down the hall to the attendant that would send them in. He was going to humor this for as long as he could stand. There was too much to be gained to not give the man a chance to speak his peace.

Daremo

S-rank
Daremo didn't know what all Amaya had told the Hokage. For, up till that S-rank mission, he lived the life of an average wandering shinobi with only above average skills in the medical field. He didn't do much to stand out amongst others, at least not combat-wise, instead, doing stuff with a proficient that shouldn't raise any flags. His prowess at the medical arts was only known because of his stint in Kaze no Kuni. Where he made them readily known in a small village along the country's border before moving onto Hi no Kuni. Doing so, lowered the suspicion others might have had of this no-name medic suddenly popping up around only weeks after Guanyin Nanashi's death. He made sure his skill sets were totally different from the legendary medic-nin. It would have done no favors if someone were able to connect the dots and realize 'The Pestilence' was very much alive, and not dead as the world believed.

Yes, he was meticulous when it came to creating a persona different from his original one. His time as a geisha helping him immensely in that regard. Yet, the S-rank mission and the events took place, he having to use a signature technique of Nanashi, destroyed the persona he had created. Thankfully, only Amaya knew, and when he explained the situation, understood. She was the one who suggested to meet the current Kage as soon as possible to get everything sorted out. She wanted him to join the ranks of Konoha, not because of his reputation, but because of his skills as a medic, something the village lacked. He told her he would think about it. But, apparently, she couldn't wait, and went ahead and set up the meeting for him, and told the Hokage everything.

The sound of footsteps coming to his direction, purple eyes noted Kaia walking towards him. Besides the curiosity within her orbs, there was also a concern, and Daremo's own eyes flickered with warmth. "Everything will be explained soon.", he spoke calmly, not wanting to mention anything in the open lobby, in case there were spies around, "It would be best not to mention it now. So, I will explain everything once inside the Kage's office, kay?"

He didn't have to wait long before the sectary told them both to follow her to the office. Reaching the door, the sectary announcing her presents along with the guests, opened the door, allowing him and Kaia to step him before closing the door behind them.

Bowing towards the Kage, a sign of respect, words smooth as silk escaped his lips as he straightens back-up, "Hokage-sama." He wouldn't move towards the chairs unless offered/directed to, which would be done with a grace and elegance. Purple eyes looked at the leader who was more famous than most of the current kages.  If memory served him right, this was Kenta's third time in the position throughout the years. It spoke volumes of the man's strength. "It can also speak of the village competency.", he mused silently. "I know you are a busy man.", he spoke on an assumption based on his own tenure as a Kage "So, I won't keep you long."

Briefly glancing over at Kaia then back at Kenta, Daremo began speaking, "To start with, my name is not Kobayashi Daremo.", he didn't know what Kenta knew, so he best to start off from the beginning, "But, Guanyin Nanashi. Former Kage turned Sannin of Iwagakure no Sato, and former head of their medical corps." he let the words set in before continuing. "Over three years ago, the reports of my death spread throughout the Elemental Nations. My body having been founded with a noblewoman belonging to Tsuchi no Kuni Daimyo's court. Those who investigated reported the murder as an assassination with me and the noblewoman as targets. That report and my death is a lie. While the noblewoman was indeed killed. It was by my hands and not some assailants. We had a particular history together that dated back before I became a shinobi.", he paused to gather his thoughts and to catch his breath. " I was a geisha . . . and not the kind that did innocent performances. She fancies me more than the others. It became an obsession to the point she hired assassins to kill anyone who developed romantics feelings for me. When I became a shinobi, she worked to sabotage my career, even having me placed on active reserves. There wasn't anything I could do legally, but illegally ...You get the idea. We met up, had sex, and I killed her afterward. Used a body on hand and transformed it into me. I arranged the bodies to appear a third party had killed them. I slipped out unnoticed and laid low within the borders of Kaze no Kuni. A few months later Daremo began gaining recognition for his medical skills, and he eventually moved to Konoha. "

There, he had just told everything of relevance to the situation. His eyes looked between Kenta and Kaia, softening whenever they fell on her. "Some daimyo's can get zealous when someone on their courts is murder. In order to not be hunted down. I did what I needed to do." Indeed, he faked his death out of the instinct to survive, "I had no plans in telling anyone this. . .yet." at this, he looked at Kaia, "But, after having to use a necrosis technique, an old signature of mine, things changed. After telling Amaya, she told me to talk to you. I think she wants me to join Konoha. if not for myself, but for Kaia who is my lover." How often has he ever uttered those two words? When was the last time he ever called another his lover? He did not know nor cared at the moment. "Honestly, I don't even know I can join Konoha with everything considering. I would like too. If only because of Kaia. But that's not my decision to decide. Now you know everything. What now?", he inquired, wanting to know what will happen now with everything is out in the open. There wasn't anything else left to be said. It is all up to what Kenta decided to do with the information. Would he turn the man over to the Tsuchi no Kuni Daimyo for execution? Would he banned him from Konoha and Hi no kuni? Or will he be offered a chance to serve another village?

And what about Kaia? How does she feel about everything? That her boyfriend had been lying to her all this time? That will be something else he would need to deal with, preferably in the privacy of their own home.

1143[1612]

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
"Everything will be explained soon. "It would be best not to mention it now. So, I will explain everything once inside the Kage's office, kay?" Kaia nodded to Daremo’s words, staring into his eyes and noticing the warmth there which made her smile and helped to settle some of the concern she had. It appeared she wouldn’t have to wait for long to find out what all of this was about as Kenta seemed ready to meet with them. Following after Daremo she became silent, figuring she would just wait and see what all of this was about. Once inside the Hokage’s office Kaia would mimic Daremo’s actions, bowing and remaining where she was unless directed to take a seat.

Kaia would remain silent still, listening as Daremo began to speak – the words he uttered being ones she had not expected to hear her boyfriend say. ”To start with, my name is not Kobayashi Daremo. But, Guanyin Nanashi. Former Kage turned Sannin of Iwagakure no Sato, and former head of their medical corps.” Kaia, whose focus had been shifting between Kenta and Daremo up until that point shifted to Daremo and stuck there – or rather, Nanashi, as apparently the case was. He wasn’t who he had said he was?

"Over three years ago, the reports of my death spread throughout the Elemental Nations. My body having been founded with a noblewoman belonging to Tsuchi no Kuni Daimyo's court. Those who investigated reported the murder as an assassination with me and the noblewoman as targets. That report and my death is a lie. While the noblewoman was indeed killed. It was by my hands and not some assailants. We had a particular history together that dated back before I became a shinobi. I was a geisha . . . and not the kind that did innocent performances. She fancies me more than the others. It became an obsession to the point she hired assassins to kill anyone who developed romantics feelings for me. When I became a shinobi, she worked to sabotage my career, even having me placed on active reserves. There wasn't anything I could do legally, but illegally ...You get the idea. We met up, had sex, and I killed her afterward. Used a body on hand and transformed it into me. I arranged the bodies to appear a third party had killed them. I slipped out unnoticed and laid low within the borders of Kaze no Kuni. A few months later Daremo began gaining recognition for his medical skills, and he eventually moved to Konoha.” …. Well, she hadn’t been expecting that. Yet… it changed nothing when it came to how she felt about him. She was glad she knew the truth, but it made no difference to her in the slightest. Though… she wasn’t exactly sure how that would affect them now…

"Some daimyo's can get zealous when someone on their courts is murder. In order to not be hunted down. I did what I needed to do. But, after having to use a necrosis technique, an old signature of mine, things changed. After telling Amaya, she told me to talk to you. I think she wants me to join Konoha. if not for myself, but for Kaia who is my lover. Honestly, I don't even know I can join Konoha with everything considering. I would like too. If only because of Kaia. But that's not my decision to decide. Now you know everything. What now?" Yes, what now indeed? This was a lot of information to suddenly come out of, though the reasoning behind it made sense. Still, it took a lot of bravery to admit such things and stick around. The fact that Daremo was here, that he wanted to stay in the village for her sake… Well, it brought her smile back to her face and caused her eyes, which were always filled with so much kindness, to light up with happiness. Yet, there was a hint of fear there too – what would Kenta say about all of this? Would he have Daremo arrested? Would he have him thrown out of the village?

For the first time since Daremo had begun to speak she focused her attention onto Kenta. What was going to be Daremo’s fate? Could she help him any in the process; she knew Kenta – he had been more than fair when she appeared in Kirigakure, having allowed her to stay while Strafe was around. “Please… let him stay. You know more than anyone how many people have come and gone in my life… the fact that he wishes to remain, that he’s willing to come clean about all of this, means more than I can ever put into words… He’s done nothing but help people since he’s been here...” Ah yes, quiet Kaia, the one who barely spoke, who simply followed orders blindly… was standing up for Daremo because she loved him, and because despite what he just revealed she still wanted him in her life. She didn’t consider him any differently now than she had before. This was exactly why she was willing to make the plea for him on his behalf on a personal level; this was more than just village politics, or the fact that he was needed because of his skills, this was about family – and from the moment Kaia had begun to fall in love with Daremo he had become hers – the one and only constant in her life so far that hadn’t abandoned her or left for one reason or another. As she became silent she couldn’t help but wonder what would happen now: would Kenta allow him to stay? And what would Kaia do if Daremo had to leave?

Word Count: 960 | 1,485

Kenta Inuzuka

Kenta Inuzuka

D-rank
"To start with, my name is not Kobayashi Daremo.", ... "But, Guanyin Nanashi. Former Kage turned Sannin of Iwagakure no Sato, and former head of their medical corps." ... "Over three years ago, the reports of my death spread throughout the Elemental Nations. My body having been founded with a noblewoman belonging to Tsuchi no Kuni Daimyo's court. Those who investigated reported the murder as an assassination with me and the noblewoman as targets. That report and my death is a lie. While the noblewoman was indeed killed. It was by my hands and not some assailants. We had a particular history together that dated back before I became a shinobi.", ... " I was a geisha . . . and not the kind that did innocent performances. She fancies me more than the others. It became an obsession to the point she hired assassins to kill anyone who developed romantics feelings for me. When I became a shinobi, she worked to sabotage my career, even having me placed on active reserves. There wasn't anything I could do legally, but illegally ...You get the idea. We met up, had sex, and I killed her afterward. Used a body on hand and transformed it into me. I arranged the bodies to appear a third party had killed them. I slipped out unnoticed and laid low within the borders of Kaze no Kuni. A few months later Daremo began gaining recognition for his medical skills, and he eventually moved to Konoha. "

... "Some daimyo's can get zealous when someone on their courts is murder. In order to not be hunted down. I did what I needed to do." ... "I had no plans in telling anyone this. . .yet." ... "But, after having to use a necrosis technique, an old signature of mine, things changed. After telling Amaya, she told me to talk to you. I think she wants me to join Konoha. if not for myself, but for Kaia who is my lover." ... "Honestly, I don't even know I can join Konoha with everything considering. I would like too. If only because of Kaia. But that's not my decision to decide. Now you know everything. What now?" ...

Not even close to what he was expecting to hear. True, it was exactly what Amaya had told him; but still, he'd expected some sort of fudging of the lines, or something like that. Absolute truth was a rarity among shinobi; but it was refreshing to find. Even if it meant he was given a rather... telling, story. But the truth of that story would be a boon to the male; Kenta fully understood the absolute **** of the Daimyo and their courts; so it bought the man a level of sympathy that he otherwise would not have garnered of his own merit.

But then Kaia was speaking his heart about shattered:

“Please… let him stay. You know more than anyone how many people have come and gone in my life… the fact that he wishes to remain, that he’s willing to come clean about all of this, means more than I can ever put into words… He’s done nothing but help people since he’s been here...”

Really, it wasn't a case of why he couldn't anymore; but more of how fast it was going to happen. A bigger bastard than he would have had Nanashi by the balls here; he was all but begging for sanctuary, and that gave Kenta a huge advantage. He could take this however he wanted; leverage huge trials and tribulations against the man, drain him of all his worth then throw the husk to the dogs.

But.

That wasn't Kenta's style. Least of all with Kaia standing there; actually standing in his office, a place that she should see as home by now; asking him to let the outlander stay.

Really, there wasn't any reason to deny him. He could do the same shit that others had done; force the man to assume an identity that was new and conformed to some role that he needed played; similar to what had happened to Binsu back in Kumo years ago. Oh, Kenta knew all about that thanks to Raijin's blabbermouth. A perfect cover that could be used... he had plenty of those. Medics where a rarity in the village; he needed that. Badly.

But a willing ally... that was far more valuable.

"Sit. Both of you." He shifted around in his chair, pushing himself back away from the edge of the desk so that he could lean back and cross his arms across his chest in a way that screamed 'I'm thinking' more than any sort of aggression or whatever. "A rather... interesting story, more so when told from the mouth of the man that lived it. You have my sympathies, really; I've had plenty of dealings with my own Daimyo that would leave you disgusted and angry. I would be a hypocrite to condemn you for your actions there. As to the generality of your crimes... as far as I can see, you where far more justified than not in doing what you did. As to what Karumo, or his predecessor, things about it... well, I couldn't give a shit. I just functionally cannot be assed to care. I respect Karumo, well enough; but I've made it a policy of mine to not give a shit about other country's edicts and rulings unless it works in my favor. You're not in my Bingo Book, so as far as my people are concerned, you're not a Nuke-nin. As far as I care, you're a valuable asset that I desperately need, who is making someone I dearly care for very, very happy."

He paused his verbal torrent there, using a foot to kick open a drawer and reaching to pull out a small sheaf of papers. Blank lines crisscrossed the paper, places to fill in information as needed; square zones for affixing images and seals and all that junk decorating spots across many of the pages. "Your loyalty is suspect, due to what you've done. Prove to me that I can trust you, and I'll grant you sanctuary."

This was more for show than anything; Kaia would recognize the paperwork that he was quickly scribbling across. "Convince me, that's my only demand."

1070. 1435 total.

Daremo

S-rank
Some familiar with the man in the past might have questioned why he gave someone enough ammunition to blackmail him in any way they saw fit. What compelled him to attend the appointment sought up by someone he had only known for a short time? He could have just made up a plausible excuse of why he couldn't attend. His shifts at the hospital being perfect for that. Better yet, what had compelled him to tell Amaya everything instead of killing her on the spot and disappearing once more? He could have easily done so but don't.

Why? What had happened to the monster he once? Indeed, why was Daremo not acting like himself? The truth of the matter is, with age came wisdom, in most cases, and the way he transversed the world in his youth could no longer be used. He was on the crest of entering the world of true legends, with many of those being able to read through the actions of his younger self like an open book, therefore, a change was in order. He is very much the monster of the old. Just wiser, warier, and in more control.

He had thought a silence would have descended upon the secured room after telling his story. He also thought Anbu would have swarmed to him like a pack of animals when he mentioned murdering a noblewoman. He had thought Kenta would be the first one to speak, instead, it was his lover: Kaia. Her voice carrying as she practically begged the blond haired leader to let him stay. Purple eyes watched her as he listened to the words she spoke. Mentioning all the good he had done in the village by helping others. But, what caught his attention was something she didn't say but yet did. With the truth out, she was afraid for his life. That he will either have to leave the village permanently, and not being in her life or, he would get arrested and possibly executed for his admitted crimes. Simply put, she was afraid of losing him.

Once she had done speaking, Daremo rested a comforting hand on her should, as his eyes which stared into hers flickered with warmth and love before looking back at the kage. He knew what he did could be seen in disrespect, but he only did it to calm Kaia down, nothing more. The small silence that had fallen in the room was broken with the Kage telling them to sit down; Daremo doing so immediately.

Seeing no Anbu coming out nor any perceived aggression from Kenta was a good sign. Still, though, Daremo didn't fully let down his guard in front of a village leader; many don't the position without a lack of power. Listening to Kenta speak, Daremo was surprised, instead of condemning him for his actions towards the noblewoman, sympathy and justification of his actions were offered instead. He wasn't expecting that out all. He wanted to chuckle at the crass remarks about other countries edicts and rulings - only caring about them when they favor him. If was a viewpoint he also had, only his dealt with individuals, not caring much about their crimes so long it doesn't cross certain lines. Even when apart of Iwagakure, he had performed surgeries on missing-nins without caring much about their history. From the few words spoken, Daremo realizes he could potentially get along with Kenta. The kages next words, of not seeing Daremo as a criminal, but a valuable asset, only cemented that opinion. The comment about him making someone the Kage cared about happy wasn't lost on him.

He watched as papers were taking out of the drawer before affixing his eyes back onto Kenta. There was no need to worry about the documents at the moment. When his loyalty came into question, he understood where the Kage was coming from. Indeed, what have done would make anyone question his loyalty. Who is to say he wouldn't do it again or something far worse? Only after Daremo was asked to convince Kenta on why the leader should trust him did the former Sannin speak, He watched as papers were taking out of "I have been within this village for a little over a year working in the hospital. Instead of taking lives, I worked every day to save all those who I could. I spend most of my time in the hospital than I do anywhere else. I have no ill-intent towards this village. In fact, I have grown very fond of this place, and attached to many of the residents", at this he looked at Kaia, "I have found someone who is worth protecting and to look after. Sarutobi, Kaia, has become a very important person to me. From the time we have been dating, I can say without a doubt I have strong feelings for her." He paused for a moment, as he briefly thought back to what his ex-wife and unborn child would have said if they were still allowed, a small smile appearing on his face, "And, I can say without a doubt, I love her.".

"Papa's happy, momma."
"Yes, Kingetsu. He is. And I am happy for him."

For a moment, he could have sworn he had heard the voice of a young child and a woman of familiarity to him. it was only after she spoke, calling the child's name, did his smile got bigger. "Thank you.", he silently mused to his deceased wife and child. The two have been killed when he was sixteen by the noblewoman who he killed. Looking at Kenta, "If that is not enough then. Know that even if I am barred from this country. I will still find means to protect those within. For I never want to see Amaya but more importantly, Kaia sad because something happened to the village she loves and those she cares about. Her happiness and helping Amaya around the hospital is what I care about the most. I want to join this village to be able to protect them to the best of my abilities." He spoke with conviction. Daremo, the young Komodo Dragon Sage had made his plea to Kenta on why he should be trusted, along with finally telling Kaia he loves her. A dragon without a den, it seems like, just maybe, he had found his own that is worth protecting. But a question remains, would Kenta allow him to serve? Join the village in order to protect what he has claimed as his? Or will Kenta turn him into those of a higher power?

Daremo didn't know. He could only wait to find out.

1150[2770]

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
When Kenta told them to sit Kaia did so, sitting in a chair next to Daremo’s. If the situation were any different she probably would have relaxed; would have sprawled herself out comfortably as if she didn’t have a care in the world simply because that’s how being in the office under Kenta felt – comfortable, safe, and informal. Right now though? With Daremo’s fate on the line? She was damn near ridged as she sat there, at least until Daremo’s comforting hand touched her shoulder, the warmth and love in the look he gave her causing her to physically relax, though mentally she was still a mess – still, she had to have faith that things would work out.

In complete and utter silence she listened to Kenta speak, " rather... interesting story, more so when told from the mouth of the man that lived it. You have my sympathies, really; I've had plenty of dealings with my own Daimyo that would leave you disgusted and angry. I would be a hypocrite to condemn you for your actions there. As to the generality of your crimes... as far as I can see, you where far more justified than not in doing what you did. As to what Karumo, or his predecessor, things about it... well, I couldn't give a shit. I just functionally cannot be assed to care. I respect Karumo, well enough; but I've made it a policy of mine to not give a shit about other country's edicts and rulings unless it works in my favor. You're not in my Bingo Book, so as far as my people are concerned, you're not a Nuke-nin. As far as I care, you're a valuable asset that I desperately need, who is making someone I dearly care for very, very happy." Well, that certainly sounded promising, and caused a spark of hope to ignite within the young Sarutobi.

She watched then as Kenta opened a drawer and pulled out some papers. From her position she could see easily what they were and the small spark of hope grew bigger like a flame being fed: she knew what those papers were all too well, having seen them several times before. She listened then as Kenta continued speaking, "Your loyalty is suspect, due to what you've done. Prove to me that I can trust you, and I'll grant you sanctuary. Convince me, that's my only demand.”

With her bright blue gaze finally moving off of Kenta she would shift it back to Daremo, wondering what he was going to say to try and convince Kenta of his loyalty to the village – all the while knowing what papers laid out on Kenta’s desk. "I have been within this village for a little over a year working in the hospital. Instead of taking lives, I worked every day to save all those who I could. I spend most of my time in the hospital than I do anywhere else. I have no ill-intent towards this village. In fact, I have grown very fond of this place, and attached to many of the residents. I have found someone who is worth protecting and to look after. Sarutobi, Kaia, has become a very important person to me. From the time we have been dating, I can say without a doubt I have strong feelings for her. And, I can say without a doubt, I love her." And suddenly nothing else mattered. It was like the room itself had disappeared around Kaia leaving her with nothing to do but stare at Daremo in shock – as a big grin spread across her face and lit up her eyes with a kind of happiness that hadn’t filled them in years. Those words. Those three simple words. They seemed to fix instantly the years of abandonment, they shooed away the years of darkness she had been witness to. They righted her in a way she didn’t know was needed.

"If that is not enough then. Know that even if I am barred from this country. I will still find means to protect those within. For I never want to see Amaya but more importantly, Kaia sad because something happened to the village she loves and those she cares about. Her happiness and helping Amaya around the hospital is what I care about the most. I want to join this village to be able to protect them to the best of my abilities." Oh, right. As she snapped back into focus, that cheesy grin still on her face and pure happiness and love glowing in her eyes from those simple words, she refocused on the issue at hand: what was going to happen to Daremo. It was definitely a grounding thought, but it couldn’t remove the happiness that had appeared on her face.

While it was probably not the proper time, nor the proper place, she focused her gaze fully on Daremo once more and with a beaming smile still on her face said, ”I love you, too.” She had never said the words before; though she had felt it for a while – she had simply been afraid to scare him off by saying it too soon. Now though, considering what he was willing to go through for her? It was needed, it was so needed. Plus, it would give Kenta a clear indication on how she felt about Daremo…. In fact, it was a bit strange in a way considering her own father, Mitsuo, had no idea about her relationship with Daremo, the fact she had properly moved in with him, nor the fact that she loved him. That would definitely be an awkward and interesting conversation at some point, but for now she didn’t care. The here and now was what was important: making sure that Daremo wasn’t barred from the village or worse was what was important to her.

It would take her a moment to be able to look away from Daremo, as she had been watching for his response above all, but eventually she would turn her focus back onto Kenta – her cheeks tinted pink from the blush that had formed there. Yup, she was breaking all of her usual rules of etiquette and proper-ness, and she didn’t care at all about it: she saw no point in hiding her feelings anymore.

Word Count: 1,060 | 2,545

Kenta Inuzuka

Kenta Inuzuka

D-rank
"I have been within this village for a little over a year working in the hospital. Instead of taking lives, I worked every day to save all those who I could. I spend most of my time in the hospital than I do anywhere else. I have no ill-intent towards this village. In fact, I have grown very fond of this place, and attached to many of the residents" ... "If that is not enough then. Know that even if I am barred from this country. I will still find means to protect those within. For I never want to see Amaya but more importantly, Kaia sad because something happened to the village she loves and those she cares about. Her happiness and helping Amaya around the hospital is what I care about the most. I want to join this village to be able to protect them to the best of my abilities."

Ah, compassion and love. Something that very few understood in the world of the ninja. Really, it was a waste; those 'X Rules of the Ninja', which once ruled the entire concept of Shinobi; and while they are no longer taught as the absolute law, the effects still ripple along the generations. Control, yes; that was needed; but to become an inhuman monster... it was no wonder that ancient ninja lived in fear of constant wars.

He was silent for a long while; pensive and chewing on his pen at points as he worked over the paperwork before him. He never really glanced up, occasionally growling softly to himself as he checked and double checked his work. Really, he should be faster at this; but he left stuff like this to his assistants and attendants, or to Michizuka and/or Satoshi; so he was having to make sure he wasn't missing anything, nor imputing incorrectly.

He was reaching for his drawers now, pen spit onto the desktop away from the papers and hand reaching into one of the hidden compartments to pull out a very, very official looking box. Contained within was the Hokage's seal; an ancient wood and steel stamp that could be used with either ink or wax, depending on the situation. He needed ink here, so he pulled out an ancient looking ink well and block that would be at home in a Shodo studio; taking a moment to pour the water and crush the solid ink block slightly, using the little horse hair brush to mix it to consistency. Once happy, he used a small silken coated block to 'pull' the ink from the deep end of the well block across the face, allowing him to press the stamp into the fresh substance and then to the papers in various spots. He needed several stamps per page, but he had plenty of time and even more ink.

Once he was happy with his work, he passed the paperwork across the table, so that the male could grab it and examine it; if he wished.

"Print your name on the first page. Sign the last. Use whatever name you want to be known as. I can have a new identity drawn up if you want; but you're welcome to keep your true face. Anyone that my Sister trusts, that makes Kaia happy... Well; I'll give you the benefit of your actions. You've shown that your words reflect your actions; so I'm willing to extend you a chance. Do not disappoint me."

It wasn't that he thought that the man would; he just needed to say it. It was the expected, and he could conform to that idea sometimes. He didn't need to point out that he was in desperate need of Jounin in the village; and Nanashi... Daremo... whatever name he was going to take; he was a former Kage. Power. Extremely so. He could easily be classified as a Sannin within the end of the year. Amaya would enjoy that, and it would be good to have a second again. The Sannin had been a rally point for the village for generations; so having only one for so long was... disheartening. To some. Others didn't care, because they recognized a different set of Sannin then Kenta did. That damn rift in the village; it was very pronounced in some areas.

"You will maintain the job and lifestyle you've set up for yourself. Once the paperwork is processed you'll start receiving proper ninja benefits. You'll learn rather quickly that I take care of my ninja; the benefits of being a Leaf ninja are vast with me in control." He sat back, allowing the man a chance to peruse the papers if he wanted, or a chance to ask questions, make comments, etc. He was in no rush by this point, but he had a feeling that the two before him needed some time to... talk. A lot of talking. He would be more surprised if they didn't need to discuss things, really.

"Understand one thing, though. Kaia is a bit of a favorite of mine. Hurt her, and you will not like the results. I take care of my pack; and she is my pack. So are you, so long as you're with her. There are some nice perks to this status, but we'll discuss that later. As of right now, we need to get your status in the village settled, then go from there. Should you accept my offer," he gestured toward the paperwork, "... then I'll need you to stop in with the desk at the end of the hallway. They'll get your new ID badge settled." He reached into the same drawer, slipping his hand into a second hidden compartment stored within and pulled out a pristine leaf headband. He set it in the center of the desk between them; allowing for the other male to reach to grab it when and if he wanted to. There was no pressure toward either option; Nanashi/Daremo could refuse the entire scenario if he wanted, and Kenta would allow him to walk freely. There was no reason to kill a dead man that made his little Kaia happy, after all. That was a rare thing, given how absolutely shitty her life had been over the years. The stories... it was pretty grim. It was also why he was having so many issues with her 'father' floating about the village again. There where.... things... that he wanted to... say... to him; but tact was being respected for the moment.

Just a moment.

Maybe.

1105. 2504 total.

Daremo

S-rank
He didn't expect Kaia to say those words a front of another. Admitting her feelings to him a front of her superior and leader without hesitation. Yet, she did, and those three little words, knowing she felt the same way meant a lot to him. If they were anywhere else, he would have given her a deep, passionate kiss, but, because of who they a front of, he did not. Instead, his eyes glanced over towards hers, and for a split second, that wouldn't be lost on those in the room, conveyed how much her words meant to him.

Looking back at the Hokage, a man who he found interesting for a few reasons, Daremo waited to see what would come of his decision of spilling everything to the Inuzuka leader. The engulfing silence didn't phase him. He having been both the receiver and giver of such treatment doing his tenure as an Iwa-nin. It was a nice tactic to use against those who lacked mental fortitude - something he had in spades. As the seconds ticked by, his eyes never left those of Kenta. Watching and waiting to see what the outcome would be. After hearing his reasonings for wanting to join. Would Kenta allow him to? Would his love for Kaia be enough to convince a Kage to him to join the village?

Daremo watched as a very oriental looking box were placed on the desk. An ink well and block soon accompanied the box. The ink was crushed and water was added at the mixture was stirred. He recognized this procedure. He having done it a few times doing his tenure as Tsuchikage. Even the box, while different from the one in Iwagakure no Sato, he had no doubt what was inside of it. As Kenta went about stamping various places on the paper, Daremo already knew the verdict.

Looking at the papers that were slid over. He took his time going over them with a meticulous nature, making sure nothing might have slipped in. Did he trust Kenta? Yes, the Kage earned it. Did he trust Konoha's council? That's a different story entirely. "There is no need for a new identity. The only thing I ask is there be no records of anything pertaining to Guanyin, Nanashi. I am Kobayashi, Daremo. A promising medic-nin without an allegiance, until now, hailing from the outskirts of Kaze no Kuni," he spoke, printing and signing his name as such. Once signed, Daremo looked up at Kenta, "Thank you, for giving me this opportunity to join your force. You have my word that I won't disappoint you.", he spoke with conviction. He had no plans in disappointing the Kage who gave him a chance.

The Inuzuka spoke about having to get the signed papers processed, and of the benefits that came with becoming a Konoha-nin. Knowing the man before him valued all of those in his command made Daremo respect him a little bit more. A Kage who took care of his shinobis is the type he would like to work for.

"Understand one thing, though. Kaia is a bit of a favorite of mine. Hurt her, and you will not like the results. I take care of my pack, and she is my pack. So are you, so long as you're with her. There are some nice perks to this status, but we'll discuss that later. As of right now, we need to get your status in the village settled, then go from there. Should you accept my offer," he gestured toward the paperwork, "

The warning on what would happen if he hurt Kaia wasn't surprising. From the small interaction between the pair, how Kaia begged Kenta to allow him to stay, Daremo knew the relationship between there were more than just superior and soldier. "I would never hurt her. You have my word as Guanyin, Nanashi. If that day ever happens, it won't, I will willingly forfeit my life to you and the pack.", if there was one thing he detested above all else, it was violence against women. He had grown up in the environment saw it happening to his sisters on a daily basis with those who caused the harm not living much long afterward.

He didn't hesitate in grabbing the pristine head band and slipping it around his neck. Some might find it hard to get allegiance to another village, Daremo did not, especially when he had a reason to. With everything in order, he stood up from his chair, after being dismissed, an offer a handshake to Kenta and letting his hand fall back to the side. Bowing once more, he waited till Kaia also bowed, before leaving the room. A quick stop being made at the desk at the end of the hallway where he went through the process of getting an ID. Once gotten, he left the building with Kaia. The couple heading home.

[Exit]
835[3600]
Unused WC: 3600

-Learning Doton[From nothing to A-rank]: 12298/13500

Last edited by Daremo on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Kaia had already had a general idea of Kenta’s answer considering the fact that he had pulled the appropriate paperwork out to begin with, though the question posed and answered was obviously necessary. Still though, instead of Kenta responding to Daremo’s proclamation, he instead became silent as he worked on the paper work, saying nothing and giving absolutely nothing away. The process was slow, and yet Kaia forced herself to have patience: not wanting to disturb Kenta or break his train of thought as he worked on what could very likely be the only chance Daremo had of joining their village.

She watched as Kenta reached into his desk and pulled out something else, spitting the pen he had had in his mouth out on the desk in the process. It took her a moment, as he began to crush the ink, to realize what he was doing but as soon as she did a bigger spark of hope swelled up inside of her chest and caused a very happy smile to spread across her face; her eyes seeming to glow as if they had a light all of their own. Once the papers were stamped, something which in itself took a moment, Kenta passed them over to Daremo with simple instructions on what he needed to do. "Print your name on the first page. Sign the last. Use whatever name you want to be known as. I can have a new identity drawn up if you want; but you're welcome to keep your true face. Anyone that my Sister trusts, that makes Kaia happy... Well; I'll give you the benefit of your actions. You've shown that your words reflect your actions; so I'm willing to extend you a chance. Do not disappoint me."

Despite how happy Kaia was feeling she forced herself to stay very still and as calm as could be – though she was practically vibrating with happiness and energy at this point. In her silence she continued to listen to Kenta as he decided to speak once more, "You will maintain the job and lifestyle you've set up for yourself. Once the paperwork is processed you'll start receiving proper ninja benefits. You'll learn rather quickly that I take care of my ninja; the benefits of being a Leaf ninja are vast with me in control. Understand one thing, though. Kaia is a bit of a favorite of mine. Hurt her, and you will not like the results. I take care of my pack; and she is my pack. So are you, so long as you're with her. There are some nice perks to this status, but we'll discuss that later. As of right now, we need to get your status in the village settled, then go from there. Should you accept my offer... then I'll need you to stop in with the desk at the end of the hallway. They'll get your new ID badge settled." Oh, this was working out even better than Kaia had imagined: she knew Kenta had accepted her – she was part of his pack despite not being part of his clan: though, she knew she was not the only one. The fact that Daremo was considered such now because he was with her? That was even better; it meant if trouble occurred later, some kind of fall out from what was going on here today or with something that happened in Daremo’s past, Kaia knew just who to go to for help.

Kaia watched as Daremo went about signing the papers as needed, speaking as well, "Thank you, for giving me this opportunity to join your force. You have my word that I won't disappoint you. I would never hurt her. You have my word as Guanyin, Nanashi. If that day ever happens, it won't, I will willingly forfeit my life to you and the pack." That was quite a commitment to make: one she knew Kenta would hold him to all the same: and it made her already fluttering heart nearly soar right out of her chest.

Considering they were done here, minus the little bit Daremo had to finish up down the hall, Kaia got up out of her chair and did something she didn’t quite always do: she broke all of her personal rules of etiquette by making her way around Kenta’s desk and hugging him: because bowing could not convey the simply joy and happiness that was filling her up right now. Thankfully, she wasn’t crying, though the tears of happiness were brimming at the corner of her eyes all the same. ”Thank you, Kenta.” Yes, there was no Hokage, or my Lord, here: just one soul thanking another who understood the pain she would have been in, and cared enough to prevent it from happening. It took her several more seconds than she had meant to take before she released her hold on Kenta, stepping back to give him some space: though she doubted her hug had bothered him, though perhaps surprised him considering how well she tended to adhere to the rules.

Still, nothing was going to dampen her happiness.

Turning away she would join Daremo by the door, following him out and down the hall after closing the door behind herself; showing enough patience to get her through the last of the procedure Daremo had to follow before they could be on their way home.

Thread Exit

Word Count: 906 | 3,451

Learned Quickstep (C-Rank): 3,451 – 1,000 = 2,451
Learned Voidstep (B-Rank): 2,451 – 1,500 = 951
Remaining: 951

Kenta Inuzuka

Kenta Inuzuka

D-rank
"Oh, don't worry about that. In all the years that I've been bringing strays into my not-so-little-anymore family, I've never once had to step in over something like that. I don't have too. There's enough firepower floating around that it never gets to me." He was being honest with that statement, and shared it in a purely joking manner; he found it funny, not disconcerting in the least, because he was just that kind of warped in some little ways. Being a ninja did that to you, after all the years he'd lived that life. "Well then, Daremo. As far as I can see, we're done here. Welcome to the green life, my new friend." He didn't even react when Kaia was moving to hug him; not how most Kage would have. Most Kage have space issues around their desks; but given the rather... well, I mean, his office was covered in dog beds, crayon drawings up to the ceiling, and smelled of dogs and loving family. He wasn't a normal Kage. Kaia's hug was returned with a gentle exuberance that showed just how much the blond had come to accept and care for her as part of his family, but allowed her to bail out quickly so as to not hold the pair up from everything they needed to get done.

He had some messages to send. Lots and lots of them. Mostly screaming at Jounin to quit bitching about the now family that was no longer an outlander. Fun times, fun times.

-Exit-

267. 2771 total.

Jutsu Training 'Water Dragon Biting Explosion' 2500/2500

271 leftover.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.