You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Empty The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:42 am

Rakurai

Rakurai

D-rank
'Tuff' The sound of the kunai enter the wood was music to Rakurai's ears, he smiled to himself as he walked towards the target to remove the kunai from its center. It was the twelfth time in a row that he had been able hit the bulls-eye this morning, 'my aims improving' he thought to himself as he grabbed the kunai and pulled it out of the wood, wiping across his pant leg. His smile soon faded from his face as his stomach began to growl, he had been there since the sun rise it was only natural that he would be hungry. With a huge sigh he slipped the kunai back into the pouch on his right thigh, and walked to the nearby bench to retrieve his coat. It was a shame that his training had to come to such an abrupt end like this, but everybody has to eat and he was no different. Rakurai took one last look across the training ground at the target he had been practicing on that morning before turning and beginning his walk back towards town to grab him a bite to eat. As he walked down the road his mind began to wander, thinking back on the past three years and wondering if his life would of been different if he had not lost his memory.

It was obvious that he had received some kind of training before all this, that much had become clear during his time at the academy when he was able to pick up a sword and handle it as well as someone who had done it their entire life. Even though he could not remember having ever touched a sword before that moment, as if his subconscious was calling out to him trying to make the connection. But no matter how hard he tried to remember his past all that came to him was darkness, shadows of a former life. He wondered if his parents were still alive, they could of been killed by the person that meant to kill him, or worst still one or both of his parents could of been the one that tried to kill him leaving him with this scar across his chest. Of course if it was not for the great medics here in Kumogakure he would have died they saved him and for that he was eternally in their debt. Them saving his life was one of the major factors in him deciding to join the ranks of the Kumo Shinobi, his way of trying to repay them for them saving his life and their kindness to him after the fact. They gave him a roof over his head, not to mention all the training he received at the academy, they even tried to help him find out about his past though to no avail. The fact remained that he would never truly be able to repay them, all he could do was offer his assistance where he was able and protect this village with all he had including giving his life in its defense if he had too.

Rakurai had been so lost in his thoughts that he did not even realize that he had arrived at his favorite restaurant, until he heard the familiar voice of his favorite cook Ouri call out to him "hiya Raku where are you off too?" Rakurai turned to Ouri with a smile on his face "Well I was looking for some decent food, but I guess I can eat that crap you call food instead" he said jokingly as he sat down. Ouri just smiled back as he readied Rakurai's usual order, "now come on you know this is the best dinner in all of Kumogakure" he said as he placed Rakurai's plate in front of him. Rakurai took a big whiff letting the sweet aroma wash over him before grabbing his chopsticks and digging into him meal, he had not realized how hungry he really was until he smelt the food in front of him. Ouri was right his was the best in Kumo, at least the best he had experienced. After having his fill he sat there and joked around with Ouri for a little while longer before paying for his meal and heading out.

WC: 720

2The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Empty Re: The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:06 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
"Where has the time gone Kenji? North to the palaces of corruption, or south to the swamp of bandits? Perhaps, even to the prison debacle that recently transpired that you were directly responsible for? There is always some swirl of conflict, something more important to you than ensuring the prosperity of our village-" Kenji's voice rose out of the darkness, "I was punished already, and as for the prison riot, direct security was the responsibility of the guards." His superior rebuttal was "enough excuses! We appreciate the good you have done for others, and what happened within the gates of our prison is still a mystery to your relief, but it is time for you to really invest in our future. You are OUR Sanin, OUR herder of safety, OUR trustee. For your first assignment, go find Rakurai." Kenji paused for a lengthy moment until spouting, "who?"  "Rakurai is promising Genin, He is hovering at the top prospects in Kumogakure. We want you to help him unlock his origins. Things have been quiet lately, this makes me uneasy, we feel the youth can be a great asset once he understands his nature more." The sum of the angles in a triangle described Kenji's motion, he turned his back, preparing to leave. While his back still facing the speaker, "First I'm demoted to a prison guard, now I have to play Psychiatrist..." A slam on the desk helped propel the speaker to his feet. "I have had with your insubordination! Now face me and listen closely." Kenji's eyes turned a faint green and flickered in the direction of the man. The man's tone suddenly became much softer... "I mean... this will help you too. In terms of assisting in unlocking potential, Genjutsu and Fuuinjutsu is a marvelous combination. We want you to learn fuuinjutsu and use your history to relate to the young Rakurai." Fuuinjutsu... I can only learn one more specialty, do I want to use my last slot to learn something as technical as Fuuinjutsu... on the other hand, I do have plans for such a skill. It was decided, "Someone with a past such as mine, he might be complicated. Point me to him." "It is going to be more complicated than you can imagine. My assistant outside awaits you with the details."

Kenji stood outside a Kumogakure restaurant. He glanced down at his dossier and then back up at the building he stood in front of.  I've arrived The Sanin knew he needed to get to know the young man, and see how he could best help him. In addition, he would eventually have to asses the Genin's ninja skills. Playing in the back of his mind was the notion that Rakurai was a very familiar name. Maybe I heard it on tv. Inside, he waited to be seated. In the meantime his eyes danced around the room. Aha! He kinda looks like me. I see their plan now.
He thought to himself jokingly. 

"Great Kenji, where would you like to sit, I will make anyone move." The waiter said in an anxious shrill voice. Kenji was uncomfortable now, he stepped in closer, and spoke so only he could hear. "That will not be necessary, please, treat me like everyone else. I am here to join a friend. Please have a lemonade sent to me." Kenji now stood in front of Rakurai.

Kenji's approach at mentoring Rakurai would be unlike others. He would not only be helping to improve physical skills, but memory recovery. This will be a long process. Kenji was yet capable of this, but he would be. Therefore, the Sanin was just as much in training as Rakurai.  At first glance, it was impossible to understand what his higher ups were raving about. The kid's stature was rather slender and underwhelming. His hair was blue like Kenji's but a darker tint. His eyes were glinting like metal.

"I will be joining you, there are some things we have to talk about."

WC: 677

3The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Empty Re: The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:12 am

Rakurai

Rakurai

D-rank
Rakurai had been joking around with Ouri so much so that he had not even noticed the fact that he had been in the restaurant for over two hours, nor did he notice it when the man walked into the restaurant and walked up to and then standing in front of the table where he was sitting. It was not until he was about to get up to get ready to leave that he heard the man spoke. Rakurai was completely caught off guard by the fact that the man seemed to just appear out of thin air standing next to him as well as blocking him from leaving, though he tried his best not to look like it. Rakurai had never met the man before in his life, at least not the part of his life that he could remember. Yet here the man stood speaking to Rakurai as if the man knew who he was, how does this man know me and just who the hell is he, was the only thing that came to Rakurai's mind. As Rakurai looked at the man he found it surprising how much the two of them looked similar to each other, as if he was looking into a mirror only seeing an older version of himself. However it was the small things that proved to show the difference between the two, such as the man's eyes which were brown and the fact that the man had a darker skin complexion than himself. As Rakurai sat there trying to size the man up he realized that although they had never actually met he had seen the man before. Well he saw a picture of the man anyways, it was hanging in the academy auditorium along with pictures of other high ranking Shinobi of the village. Rakurai tried his best to remember the name that was engraved on the plaque below the portrait of the man yet despite his best efforts he could not remember it. That was probably because he had not paid much attention to the names under the picture so much as he focused on imagining that his picture would be among them one day. Rakurai just could not believe that this strange man who seemed to.  just appeared from no where and was so interested in talking to him was one of the great Sannin of the Hidden Cloud Village, and yet there was no doubt that he had seen the man's portrait in the academy. Rakurai often had dreams where he had rose to that same honorable position, and stood as a hero of the village much as this man as well as all the other Sannin stand.

Despite all of this running through his head all at once, he could not help but wonder just what it was that the man wanted to talk about. Why would such a high ranking Shinobi be interested in such a low level Genin, his thoughts quickly jumped to the conclusion that he was in trouble or that he did something to insult the man. "I was actually about to leave" Rakurai stated in his normal annoyed sounding tone, as if he was trying to tell the man he was not interested in what the man had to say. Though the real reason he said it the way he did was because he was truly afraid he was in some kind of trouble and wanted to get far away from the man. Never the less Rakurai pushed his fear of being in trouble aside and made a motion with his hand for the unknown man to sit at the table with him, as Rakurai continued to size the man up. Rakurai had a million questions running through his mind all at once, however he kept his composure so as not to let the man know of his discomfort. It was not long before one of the waiters arrived at the table with a glass of lemonade, handing it to the man before turning to Rakurai. "Is there anything else I can get you?" the waiter asked as he grabbed his notepad and pen from his pocket, "water, please" Rakurai responded to the waiter as he kept his eyes on the man in front of him. Once the waiter left the table, Rakurai leaned forward a little ways placing his arms on the table in front of him. "So what is it that you want from me? And better yet how do you know me or that i would be here?" Rakurai had hundreds of other questions for the man, however he wanted to place it close to his chest and not get over excited. He needed to know what the man knew and why he had come looking for him. Was this man from his past? Was it possible that did they had met before and Rakurai just could not remember it, or was it something else entirely.

WC: 830 + 720 = 1550

4The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Empty Re: The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Rakurai barely took his eyes off Kenji, it was apparent he had many questions and was predominantly confused by Kenji's request to speak with him. After Rakurai had been so kind to gesture Kenji to sit, his lemonade arrived shortly after. The young Genin could no longer conceal his eagerness to know Kenji's intentions. "let me preface our conversation with this nugget, the village wants you, the village knows your location... not me. I am but a lowly teacher now, here to train you upon the request of the Kage's advisers. You have great potential. You know it, the village knows it. I know nothing.  Hopefully I will see soon enough why they were set on selecting me to help in your training and..." Kenji paused for a moment to sip his lemonade, his eyes lifted slightly to connect with Rakurai's, then in a soft and rushed voice , "and recovering your memory." He had said it as casually as he throws his clothes on the bed. He returned to drinking his lemonade, this time he gulped it.

Kenji could tell... the lemonade was freshly squeezed, and he was pleased with the taste. The Sanin could not predict how Rakurai would react to this information, but the truth was out. The village was interested in entrusting the development of Rakurai's ninja skills and the recovery of his memory to Kenji. That was the nature of the two's relationship at the moment. There would be turns and... his name... the source of it keeps trying to resurface...

Beads of condensation settled on the outside of his glass. The amount of droplets dwarfed by the intensity of the anticipation of the journey to ensue. Kenji did not know this boy from Adam, but he was starting to believe this assignment was not just some form of punishment, but the village really had a strategy for selecting him. Something about this feels more complicated now... I know this kid, or of him... more than I realized before. 

WC: 1016

5The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Empty Re: The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:55 am

Rakurai

Rakurai

D-rank
The village elders wanted one of the village's great Sannin to personally train him, why on earth would the village leaders be so interested in him. He knew that as a Genin he was to be assigned to a team, but he was expecting to be assigned to a Jōnin with a couple of other Genin, and now here sitting in front of him was one of the legendary Sannin who said he was going to be his personal mentor. Rakurai could not for the life of him think of any reason why the higher ups in the village would want that, hewas at the bottom of his class in the academy, and there was nothing really special about him aside from the fact that he did not know who he was. So what could he have done to draw the attention of the higher ups within the village, at least the man was honest about his own opinion. Then the man said that he was also suppose to help him with recovering his memories, he said it so casually as if he dealt with memory recovery on a day to day basis. What could this man possibly help him discover about his past, and why is the village so interested in it. All these thoughts raced through his mind all at once, and although it was a bit distracting for him, he did his best not to show it to the man that sat there across the table from him drinking lemonade.

Rakurai was at a lost for words, however he did his best not to show it, instead choosing to stare out the window at the villagers passing by outside until the words came to him. "Ok so let me get this straight," he paused briefly taking a drink of the water the waiter just delivered to the table. Once the waiter was gone he continued, "the Raikage's Advisers want you to train me?" as he spoke the words he could hear his own sarcasm in his voice, he really needed to watch that as he would not want to upset the man. "I just find it hard to believe that they would show so much interest in me, considering the fact that I was at the bottom of my class" he paused for a minute before continuing "It just seems like a waste for someone of your talent to train me when there are some many more deserving Genin that you could train. I mean the only reason I really graduated was because of the skills I showed with the Katana." Rakurai stopped again taking another drink of water before he continued, "Also I don't mean to be blunt but what exactly qualifies you to help me with my memory? Do you have experience dealing with people that lost their memories or do we some how know each other and that's what is suppose to help me remember?" Rakurai was talking a mile a minute by this point something he found himself doing when he got nervous, even though he did not look nervous. He stopped talking and waited for the man to respond as he took another drink from his water, that is if the man understood all the questions he asked all at once.

WC: 554 + 1550 = 2104

6The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Empty Re: The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:48 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
It seemed Rakurai was also unaware of his uniqueness. That would have to change. Kenji needed to know who he was working with. It might take some time, but Kenji already knew there was a future formidable shinobi in front of him, even if the only talent the young man had was sheer will power, there was something of great value. Kenji was bombarded with questions. "First of all, if I only trained Genin who were worthy of my talent, I would not train any Genin." He paused for a second to quell the laughter, "I am not one for speculation or word of mouth, we will soon see what you have to offer. I am sure you will do just fine. In kumogakure, even becoming a Genin is difficult. I was almost killed numerous times upon first becoming a Genin, you have already made a great accomplishment." The Sannin was speaking truthfully, the weak of heart get weeded out in the academy and during the first weeks or months of being a Genin in Kumogakure. Only the most dedicated lasted long. 

"memory memory, it is a unique thing. I have a special set of skills, mainly Genjutsu. I can make people experience things that in some cases are a remnant of reality. We have history, our pasts are linked. To what extent, as of right now I do not know. However, I will learn as much about you as possible, then create a Genjutsu to have you relive your past in but just a few hours. There is also a forbidden technique that is of the sealing nature. Just like your chakra network can be sealed and unsealed so can the memory. If I can muster up the sealing ability, I can unlock your true memory permanently, whereas the Genjutsu alone can only recover some of it. That is the plan. On top of that, we will work together to make you a powerful shinobi, from what I have read you are particularly skilled with lightning and weapons, like you pointed out already."

Even Rakurai acknowledged his own prowess with the blade, that would definitely be a good starting point. The combination of lightning and weapons has for ages been a deadly and useful combination. With Rakurai's will, weapon mastery being developed so much already, Kenji had ideas of what they could become once he recovered his storied past. "You have made tremendous progress for someone with limited memory. Not only that, most people I could think of would find it too difficult to live in your state, not to mention being a shinobi. Never knowing a person you encounter is someone you know, love, hate... you have an inherent lack of direction. The life you live is not an easy one. However, you have persevered this far, imagine what you can do, once you obtain the knowledge you have locked away. You have years and years of experience that you cannot consciously tap into." 

As time progressed he admired Rakurai, sitting in front of him... at first he was just a name on paper. Now, he knew he was special. "This is a lot, I know.  But this tandem can be two fold. If you and I are a success, I will return to good standing with the village. The only reason I have not been banned yet is because I am too powerful. I love this village, but I have always put my personal desires first. For as long as I know, the village has always been a close second in my heart. The village knows this, this is my opportunity to show them that I value their prosperity more than they give me credit for." It was important for Kenji to share some of his background as well. He had a feeling this assignment would call for a lot of that. Perhaps a few flashbacks were inevitable too. Kenji broke the silence, "What do you think? Will you work with me? This is for you, the village, and myself." The two of them had similar skills and had potential to really complement each other. Kenji awaited the Genin's response. Someone like Rakurai would likely struggle trusting someone, due to living with so many unknowns. But Kenji was hopeful that he understood that working together, there would be less unknowns for sure. 

WC: 1743

7The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Empty Re: The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:48 pm

Rakurai

Rakurai

D-rank
As the man spoke Rakurai closely watched him, Raku had found that he could tell whether or not the person was lying to him by watching their body movement. No matter who it was that he encountered, he could normally tell the persons intention by reading their body language or from the way they spoke and the sound of their voice. Not that he knew what exactly they were thinking, but he would know that they were hiding something from him. It was never something he understood as to why he got these feelings of secrets whenever he talked to people but it always happens, usually after just talking to someone for a short time but other times he has to talk to them a little longer before he sees that they are hiding something. This secrecy or at least what he believed to be secrecy, often made him wonder if they knew something about him or his past that they did not want him to know. From the moment he woke up in the hospital, everyone he talked too had some hidden agenda even the doctors. All the investigators that came and question him about different things, gave him the impression that they found something but did not want him to know. This made it nearly impossible for him to trust anyone, that is until he met Madam Selene. She was the first person that actually cared about him and not his memory, when they would talk he would not get the same feeling from her that he got from others. This man despite just meeting him, Rakurai got the same feeling as he got from Madam Selene. This struck Rakurai as odd, especially considering the fact that the man was sent by the village elders to meet with him and help him recover his memory. He got the feeling that there was more to this man than just doing the villages biding, but it did not feel as if the man was keeping anything from him. As far as Raku could tell the man was being complete honest and forward with him and answering his questions.

The man spoke of using genjutsu to help in the recovery which Raku did not know was possible, but at the same time he did not know much about genjutsu other than what he learned about it at the academy. He wondered why if it was possible why they did not try something like it three years ago, or even the Fuuinjutsu that the man was talking about. All this time he had been trying to remember, he had not even considered of the fact that he was subconsciously keeping it locked away from himself. As he listen to the man talk about unlocking his memories, he started to think it might be possible. That finally after all these years of trying to remember he might actually have a shot at finding out who he is, but first he would have to see just how well he could trust this man. The man said something about his lack of direction which quickly snapped Rakurai back to reality, he was going to object but then he listened to the rest of what the man had to say and decided against it. For it seemed to Rakurai as if the man truly understood him, as if he had a similar life. As the man spoke of putting his own desire before the village, Rakurai could relate as that described his own emotions about the village and his own desire to find out who he was. Rakurai figured it would be in his best interest to at least see if the man would be able to help him, and the longer he was with him the better the chance of seeing the man's motive as well as why the Kage's advisers were so interested in him.

"To be honest with you I am willing to try anything at this point," Rakurai said although he was still unsure if it would work or not, or how well he could truly trust the man but he was willing to give it and the man a shot. "What should we do first..." Rakurai paused realizing that he still did not know the mans name "um.. So what exactly is it i am suppose to call you? Is it Sensei or would you prefer something else?" he asked hesitantly, "you can call me Raku, him not a big fan of the full name. It just sounds too formal to me to be used in day to day conversation." Rakurai waited for the man to answer before he continued, "perhaps we could continue talking somewhere else, I don't do well in crowds" he said pointing to the entryway as a large group of people entered the restaurant for lunch.

812 + 2104 = 2916

8The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Empty Re: The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:32 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
There was a true sign of buy in. This was necessary. Kenji would need Raku's full motivation and desire if this team was going to work. 

"You can just call me Kenji, Raku. Usually, I'd have my students call me sensei, but I must admit, this partnership is not usual."

Kenji observed the crowd Raku mentioned. 

"I am also not the fondest of crowds. Let's stop by the weapons shop, I want to see your taste in swords if you do not mind."

Kenji dropped a few bills on the table for the his drink. The lemonade really calmed him down, and allowed him to better connect with Raku.

Kenji's confidence was growing... wait a second... Raku, Raku is what was so familiar not Rakurai... Now I remember!

---flashback---

His memory clanked around a bit, as it tried to harness the cues to conjure a clear image. The image was in a damp place. He stood beside a man that he was traveling with during the war in Kirigakure. They found each other while they were both wounded and not really capable of helping each other. Kenji and the man's will were strong, and neither were in real danger of dying. As the man slept, he kept saying 'Raku...Raku... Raku' There was a shiver in the man's voice, a longing. It struck Kenji to his core. He was not the type to pry, and so never asked the man about it but it always stuck with him. Such raw emotion, it was rare. The man's name was Andreios. They were both in the espionage unit. Kenji never went as deep as Andreios, and there was always talk in the underworld about his reputation catching up to him, and his bounty steadily grew. And then..
----

Kenji did not know if Raku had said anything, he tripped from his trance and stared at Raku, "I'm sorry, did you say something?"

WC: 2070

9The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Empty Re: The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:50 pm

Rakurai

Rakurai

D-rank
They left the restaurant and headed down the road towards the many different weapon shops that are all over Kumo. As they walked they didn't speak, it seemed to Raku that Kenji was thinking about something but he could not tell what and did not want to interrupt his train of thought. Raku actually preferred walking quietly as it gave himself time to think, as they walked many of the villagers waved and said hi to Kenji. Raku had never seen so many people being so friendly, it was obvious that the man had earned the respect of many in the village and that they all looked up to him. When they arrived at the first shop Raku was shocked by the amount of different swords that were on display, it seemed as if the shop had every type of blade there was from katanas to flamebergs. Never in his life had Raku seen such a wide verity of blades, and he could see why Kenji would want to come here to find out which blade he would like as there were so many different choices.

"Welcome, welcome if there is anything you need just let me..." the shopkeeper spoke as he came up from the back but seemed to have lost his words when he saw the Sannin. "Kenji-sama it is such an honor, have you come to buy one of my blades?" the man asked in a shaky voice that Raku could not tell if he was excited or afraid about it. The man waited for Kenji to respond, however it was Raku that spoke to him. "Actually we are here to find me a blade, Kenji is my mentor and now I find myself in need of a blade. Can you help us out?" Raku asked the shop keeper with a smile, the shop keeper however seemed a little flustered before looking to Raku with a hastened answer, "yes, yes whatever you like. Is there anything in particular that you are looking for?"

Raku looked around the shop for a few minutes looking for the prefect blade, asking the shop keeper about each blade that caught his interest. After probably thirty minutes of looking and trying out different blades he found what he was looking for. "I think this is the one" he said turning to Kenji with a smile as he held a Dao in his hands. Kenji seemed a little confused as if he had just came back to reality before asking Raku if he said something. Raku smiled and repeated himself, "I have found my blade" he said showing the Dao to Kenji before handing the Sannin the blade to inspect it for himself. Despite the rust covering the blade from years of neglect, it was a fine blade and would served Raku's needs at least for now.

So long that Kenji approved of the blade then Raku would buy it and wear it out of the store and then they would head out. Raku was interested to know what Kenji would say about his choice of a blade. "Is there anything else I could help you with?" came the voice of the shop keeper breaking through Raku's thoughts. "That's all I need I think" Raku answered before turning back to Kenji, "what about you?"

556 + 2916 = 3472

10The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Empty Re: The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:55 am

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji and Raku perused the weapon collection. Kenji had returned to reality, and was hearing everything but he was still thinking about his memory. He knew Raku's father well, they went on to share a rich history after the war. Kenji would have to take time to gather himself, the information he presented to Raku, had to be perfect. It would take time to order the knowledge properly. He assumed he would take approximately a week before he would tell Raku everything, but right now, he had to share something, but not yet. Kenji was eager to do some more research on his own.

His eyes now frantically scan the shop for a mere second. It was not like Kenji to lose his bearings in such a way, and he needed to review the area and make sure everything was in order. All the friendly shopkeepers were busying around helping the customers and showcasing their immense knowledge of weaponry. Kenji's clan specialized in weaponry, so he always had a good relationship with the shop, even as a kid. His family and the shop worked closely together to make some of the Chikara's staple items.

Raku managed to find a blade... it would suffice for his rank he supposed, but he hoped he would soon upgrade even further. "Do you know how to use that?" Kenji jabbed at the Genin. Soon after ringing up the item, they left the shop. After seening the large array of items, Kenji was momentarily motivated to expand his Bukijutsu skill beyond Kenjutsu, Onojutsu, and Kyuujutsu. Though he could not think of a sub discipline of Bukijutsu that really interested at the moment. Maybe swordsmanship

"Not a bad choice Raku. You will be able to use that weapon sooner than maybe you thought. I will be holding a tournament. A number of Genin will be participating. I usually make it taijutusu only, because I feel it is becoming a lost skill in Kumogakure, but this time, I will allow all jutsu and specialties. I want you to join, so I gain a snap shot of your current ability. Are you willing?"

Not too long after Raku's response, would have to share some pertinent information about his father. He had not yet settled on the manner, but it would have to be said.

I cannot believe it took me this long, but it was the Genin's nickname that triggered me. I can still hear his father, trance like, saying his name.

WC: 2489

11The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Empty Re: The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:15 pm

Rakurai

Rakurai

D-rank
"I know exactly how to handle it" Raku retorted in his normal sarcastic tone taking the blade back from the Sannin and moving it around in his hand in the same manner in which he had always practiced before sheathing the blade on his waist as they exited the shop. As they walked the man commented on his choice of weapons before mentioning something about a tournament, this sparked Rakurai's interest as he had not had the chance to actually test his skills against someone else aside from his kenjutsu sensei at the academy, however that was never a real competition considering that the sensei was always holding back. The chance to truly test his skills was something that Raku could not pass up, however he also did not want to seem too eager so he took a deep breath and made sure that he answered Kenji with not only respect but also a sense that he did not care either way.

"I am willingly to do whatever you think is necessary for my training, Kenji" he said in a tone that Raku found to be very dull and so he changed his tone slightly to include a little more enthusiasm. "I would be honored to compete in this competition that you speak about, when would it begin? So that I can ensure that I will be properly prepared to give it my all." Despite the fact that he did not seem thrilled by the competition he was in fact very eager to show the Sannin his skills and to get the man's honest opinion on where his skills stood as it was right now. As he waited for Kenji to answer him, Rakurai looked out into the distance to see large storm clouds forming and heading in the direction of the village as if it was coming right for them. This got Rakurai more excited then the thought of the tournament that Kenji was talking about, he did not know why he always got excited during storms but it was something that had happened to him for the last three years. Storms where something that that made his heart race, and it was something he found to be the most enjoyable moments in his life. Raku had been so distracted with thinking about the storm headed their way that he was not even paying attention to what it was Kenji had said in response to his question if he had answered. "I'm sorry I saw the storm and got distracted, when will the tournament be again?"

430 + 3472 = 3902

12The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Empty Re: The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:36 pm

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Raku was ready to do necessary training to start elevating his ability. Kenji was glad to hear this.

"The tournament will start is two weeks..."

Kenji looked over his shoulder and a storm brewing. Usually when there was heavy rains within Kumogakure, the villages in the wilderness would get hit 10 times worse.

Raku had acknowledged his temporary absence. Kenji repeated himself.

"I said, the tournament will start in two weeks. I hope you are not this easily distracted in combat."

Kenji clenched his fist. "I want to see what you can do. Afterwards I can start giving you advice on how to best implement your strengths."

Later, a man from the shop chased them down. The man stood about 6 foot 5 inches. He was incredibly bulky. He also had a giant baseball bat attached to his back.

"I am sorry sir, but have you forgotten."

Kenji's eyes smiled, "It seems I have. You are the monthly weapon shop challenger. Which specialty is it this month?"

The man stood upright, as he was delighted that he was now being acknowledged as the Sannin's challenger. He bowed and said "Onojutsu sir."

"Ah, very well. I think I have just the thing on my person."

Kenji adjusted the sapphire ring on his right hand. The ring began to glow a bright blue. A beam then expelled from the ring, taking the shape of a scythe, and after a few seconds, the beam of light materialized into a physical scythe.

"I think this will do."

Supekutoru-S rank weapon:

Kenji looked over at Raku, "Please excuse me for just a moment, this is one of the ways I give back to the weapon shop that has helped me so much. I give out random spars like this. However, with all that is going on, I apparently forgot about this month's challenger. He is a strong man."

Kenji gestured the beginning to the man.

The large man barreled towards Kenji, dragging his giant baseball bat along the earth. From the friction between the bat and earth, sparks began to fly from the tip, and soon it was on fire. Cylinders of fire jetted from the bat, and all of a sudden the man was moving much faster.

"I see."

Kenji scythe was very long, reaching out to 3 meters. He would hope this would allow him to nullify his challenger's intensions by keeping the fight at a distance.

Kenji with a smooth diagonally upward stroke, pinpointed a strike at the hand of his challenger that wielded the weapon. Moving at that speed, and with all the smoke surrounding him, it would be difficult for him to react to such an unorthodox and accurate strike and attempt at disarming from range.

Another blast of fire shot from the bat, propelling large man into the air, where he then began a burning somersault. He was covered in flames coming for Kenji. The Sannin soon realized, it was not the barreling man that was the source of the impact, but the intense heat wave that was being emanated from the spiraling athlete. The battlefield was now so hot, he was stuggling to breathe, and was already sweating profusely. This was especially harmful for Kenji, given how easy he fatigues.

Kenji focued his mind, and used his will power to endure the heat. Kenji lunged out of the way of the telegraphed somersault. The man left a min crater in the ground.

The two went back and forth, exchanging clashed. Neither one could gain an edge, it had been quite some time and the challenger was still expelling flames, smother the battlefield with heat. He was breathing heavily, but managed to say "How are you enduring this heat wave... all my previous opponents do not last more than 5 minutes. The heat wave in combination with my strong attacks usually triple people's fatigue rate."

"I have only allowed this heat wave to persist this long to practice my endurance... it is effective, but you need more than this."

Kenji dashed forward, and appeared to be prepping a mid range attack with his scythe, to the challenger's torso. The challenger put up his guard, but suddenly, the scythe left Kenji's hold, and was falling to the ground. Kenji had used the challenger putting up his guard against the mid range attack, to act as cover to gain a crouched position in the challenger's peripheral vision. The challenger expected another relatively blatant mid range attack, since the scythe is so slow and far away, the challenger did not pay attention to Kenji. Most people would crumble under the strength of the Supeketuro, but this challenger and his weapon were strong enough to endure several clashes, this caused the change in tactic.

From the crouched position, Kenji delivered a sweeping kick, sending his bat flailing in the air and him falling to the ground. Kenji grabbed the thick neck of the man, Kenji still had enough strength to leave the man struggling to breathe before he tapped out.

"Your heat wave jutsu is formidable, if you had more chakra, several more minutes of that could have proved significant."

"Thank you for accepting my challenge, now I have a story to tell."

The sweating Kenji walked over to Raku, who had been outside the range of the jutsu for most of the spar.

"I need another lemonade."

The two continued walking for a while. After some chatting, Kenji fell silent, and clearly wanted to say something.

"Before I bid you farewell... there is something I want to share with you about your past... how much do you know about your father?"

WC: 3433

13The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Empty Re: The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:54 am

Rakurai

Rakurai

D-rank
Two weeks? That means I will have to train everyday if I am going to be able to hold my own in the tournament Raku thought to himself. "I promise I will not be distracted" he said to the Sannin with a fire in his voice, he knew he would only have one shot at impressing the man and he was not going to let anything distract him or get in his way. Their conversation was interrupted by a rather large man who approached Kenji and began talking to him. Raku watched as Kenji touched has ring and then to his amazement materialized a scythe, before Kenji came and explained what was going on. This will be great Raku thought to himself he was about to see his Sensei in action for the first time, that got Raku's blood pumping he was excited to see exactly how great the great Sannin was. The fight ensued and the two began clashing it out, fire spit from the large man's bat as it clashed with Kenji's scythe. The heat alone even from the distance he was made him begin to sweat, how on earth was Kenji able to fight in this he thought to himself. The heat was extreme and Raku's vision turned black, for a second he was sure he was passing out, however he managed to remain on his feet and slowly his sight began to return. To his surprise however he was no longer standing in the streets of Kumo watching the Sannin and the other man spar, instead everything around him had changed from what he had seen before his vision went black.

Flames, all he could see was flames the smell of the fire filled his nostrils and the heat of them washed over his body. Then he heard a scream, it was a woman, he could not see her no matter where he looked. The flames slowly grew smaller and in front of him were two swordsmen, battling it out their blades clashing sending sparks flying all around him. Raku looked to their faces, but saw nothing as if neither one of them had a face, he did not understand what was going on or who the men were, or how he had gotten there. Although he did not know either of the men considering the fact that he could not see their face, one of them some how seemed familiar to him. The was another scream, this time he saw what he believed to be a woman lying in a pool of red on the ground on the other side of the flames not far from where the two men stood battling it out. Like the two men the woman had no face and yet Raku felt as if he knew her, the faceless woman turned to him and he heard a familiar voice, "Raku Run! Don't worry about us just get out of here!" Raku felt his rage growing inside of him, and it was directed towards the faceless man that was not familiar to him. He stood there watching as there was nothing he could do, frozen in fear of the faceless man. Raku screamed out in both anger and fear as one of the faceless men fell to the ground in front of him, "Father!" he yelled at the top of his lungs. Was that man his father and does that mean the woman was his mother? Why couldn't he see their faces, what was going on? The second faceless man began walking towards him with his blade still drawn, the other man's blood still dripping from the tip as he walked towards Raku who was still paralyzed with fear and he could not move. The man waved his free hand and the flames dispersed making a path straight to Raku, the last thing he saw was the man raising his sword and then there was nothing but darkness.

The sound of Kenji's voice talking about lemonade rang in his ears bringing him back to reality, the fight was over he had missed the whole thing, Raku silently cursed himself under his breath as he could not believe he missed seeing the Sannin in action. Raku was not sure what he saw or how to explain it to Kenji, as they walked he did his best to maintain the conversation with the Sannin. However the vision or whatever it was still plagued him in the back of his mind. Kenji's question about what he knew of his father threw Raku a little off guard, if the man would of asked the question twenty minutes ago the answer would of been a simple nothing, but now he did not know what to say. "You know I am not really sure," Raku said in a somber voice, "before today I knew nothing about him, or how I ended up here in Kumo, but now your fight with that man..." he paused as if trying to find the words to tell the man what exactly he saw. "I think I just saw the day my parents were murdered." he stopped again looking to the man as if searching for answers from him, before he told the man what he meant. After telling Kenji exactly what happened to him and what he saw, the faceless men battling the faceless woman on the ground, he turned to the Sannin. "What was that? Why couldn't I see their faces? Why did I just stand there? Was it real or was i hallucinating it all?" Raku was not expecting the man to know the real answers, after all it was not Kenji's mind it was his. He more or less asked for some sense of guidance or to assure him that he was not crazy that it was a memory and not a hallucination. Rain began to fall around them as Raku stood there waiting for answers and despite how the rain usually made him happy there was nothing but sadness in his eyes.

1016 + 3902 = 4918

14The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Empty Re: The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:40 am

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji sensed a change in Raku, something was going on with him. Even when discussing his past, he still had an edge to him, a toughness. Now, it seemed discussing it was suddenly more difficult to handle. 

Did something happen during my spar, Kenji thought to himself. 

Considering the solemn tone, Kenji could not discern if Raku was crying or if it was the droplets of rain. Regardless, Raku went on to explain his sudden emotional change. It was the spar that just ensued that somehow triggered a memory for Raku, a memory of his parents being slain. Kenji looked away for a moment, as he could relate to seeing a loved one hurt. He saw his best friend apparently murdered, but he found out later she had survived, but she was morphed into a puppet. Even then, Kenji tried to latch on to her, but it was not real and he had to let go. It was Kenji's refusal to let go, his obsession with "making it right" somehow, that placed him in such a disillusioned state to attempt to save a machine, that was once his friend. It was his attention to help Raku avoid a similar fate, he wanted to ensure that Raku dealt with all the hardships that would come, in a healthy way. Knowledge is one of the best ways and having support. Kenji took a deep breathe before addressing Raku.

"Your father was a highly skilled spy, just like myself. We worked together during the war in Kirigakure. That is where things started to take a turn for the worse for you and your family."

A deep silence followed, as Kenji himself did not know the details of his father's death, so he had to accept he could not offer any closure or insight to Raku's memory. Later, he would be able to share why his father was so feared and why he was a target. Unfortunately, he had too many willing assassins after him for Kenji to be helpful in that regard, but his family was definitely in danger, and Andreios was well aware.

"As for your vision... I do not know about your father's death. Only him as a shinobi. I am afraid I cannot share with you anything meaningful about his disappearance... but in time, I can share with you details of his profession... " 

Kenji was interrupted by the sudden increase in rain. The Sannin's voice cracked, as he wanted to continue what he was saying, but concluded now was a good time part ways. There was so much to discuss, but a moderate pace was necessary. It was also his duty to see Raku develop completely, so Kenji had to implement a strong training regimen as well. After the tournament, Raku would find out first hand if he could endure their journey. Training with Kenji is always a challenge. Actually, improving Raku's physical ability might be even more important... Raku was not completely safe. Raku's parents disappeared, but Raku did not... Kenji knew this world very well, and in the shinobi world, Raku would be considered a "loose end". It was a top priority that Raku becomes stronger, so he with the help of the Kumogakure shinobi could destroy any foe that might manifest from his murky past.

"I hope this does not last too long. This storm could be troublesome for those living in villages in the outskirts."

The two rushed to find cover. Now safe, Kenji's speech was nearly drowned out by the heavy rain thumping on top the metal roof. 

"It was a pleasure meeting you Raku! There is much more we have to learn from each other! Start training soon! I want you to put on a good show!" 

After accepting Raku's farewell, Kenji would bring his hands together and give a slight bow. His eyes began to glow a faint green, and immediately after Kenji was gone. His movements were likely beyond the perception of Raku, but one day he would be able to keep up.

Exit Thread

Training: 4113
Trained Endurance from C rank to B-2 4075/4113
Total Ryo= 925

15The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Empty Re: The on Coming Storm {Plot/Kenji/NK} Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:39 am

Rakurai

Rakurai

D-rank
Kenji actually knew his father, Raku almost could not believe his ears as the man said those words. Despite the fact that he had no real insight as to what happened to his parents, the man knew who his father was that was something that he had been searching for, for a very long time. Then again this could just be a trick to gain my trust, he thought to himself before shrugging off the thought. The man had been honest with him as far as he could tell so far there was no real reason to doubt him now. He decided he would take the man at his word, after all it was more info then he had been able to find in the past three years of searching. Kirigakure war, spy, enemies of his fathers past, everything the man told him began running though Raku's mind all at once. He had to make use out of this information, as soon as the library opened in the morning he planned to head over there and see if maybe, just maybe he could find something out about his past, he had tried before in the past but now he knew what he was looking for and maybe he would be able to find it. As the storm grew in strength and the rain fall became heavy the two headed for cover before saying their good byes and parting ways. The man had disappeared so fast that he had not even had time to ask the man what his father looked like, but it was ok as he was hoping he would be able to find a picture or something that could tell him more about who his father was.

It was getting late, but Raku was not tired in the least. The conversation about his father that he had with Kenji, gave him more info into his past than anything. Now he felt so closer to finding the answers that he had been searching for for so long, his mind was racing with the countless possibilities that could of befallen his parents as well as himself because of something that had happened in his fathers past. His thoughts kept flashing to the vision he had been triggered during Kenji's spar with the other man, the faceless men and the woman lying in what he could only assume was her own blood and the fear and anger he had felt as he stood paralyzed unable to move or help in any way. Rake knew that he would never be able to get to sleep with all that was going on inside his head, but then he realized that with this storm going on the Battle Plateau would be empty as it had been during past storms. Well Kenji had said that I need to start training, what better time then now he thought to himself as he stepped out from under the awning. Smiling as he felt the hundreds of rain drops hit him seemingly all at once, there was nothing he loved more than storms other than training, and training during a storm well that just took the cake so to speak. Despite the joy he now had from the rain, his mind was still scattered from everything that had happened to him today. First he met a man that was sent by the Kumo Elders to train him, he got himself a sword, watched a rather large man challenge his newly appointed sensei, followed by a memory of what Raku could only assume was his parents death that he was too weak to stop, and then he discovered that the reason the man was sent to train him was because the man knew his father. If the elders indeed sent the man due to the fact that Kenji knew of his father, then that also meant that this village elders knew of his father and were keeping the facts from him. The thought of this caused a spark of anger to shoot through his body, but he quickly dismissed the thought as there was no reason to think that the elders were intentionally keeping him in the dark it was completely possible that they did not even know that Kenji had known Raku's father. It was just something that was possible, and therefore he would not just drop it but keep it in the back of his mind until he gathered some more information about it.

Raku cleared his mind as he reached his destination, the Battle Plateau, as he suspected the Plateau was completely empty. Without a single person in sight, Raku began his training, he removed his new blade from his hip and began some of the training exercises that he had learned from his teacher in the academy. The storm was raging hard by this point, however it did not bother Raku in the least as he loved storms. Despite all the other crap racing around in his mind from all that had happened earlier, as he continued his training all of his pain and trouble slowly started to float away. There was no better remedy to clear ones mind then practicing his sword art in the middle of a storm, at least not to Raku. Even though he loved storms he had decided to keep his coat on instead of putting it on the bench while he trained like he usually did. Because of the storm Raku could not see the sky and therefore the time since there was no clock out there in the battle plateau. He had no idea how long the storm lasted, however he was still training when it finally ended. He contemplated on whether or not he should call it a day and head back to the orphanage to get some rest. However his mind was still racing a mile a minute and he knew that there was no way he could just fall asleep. As the storm clouds disbursed and the sky began opening up, Raku noticed the stars that were in the sky. So its night time he thought to himself though he still was not aware of the actually time. I will just do a couple more sets and then I will go and try to lay down for some sleep he thought to himself though he doubted it would actually work. By the time Raku had finished his sets however, the sun was already rising in to the sky. Well damn he thought to himself as he shielded his eyes from the rays of the sun light, I have been out here all night.

Raku placed his blade back on his waist and left the battle plateau. He had planned on going home, however since he had been out all night and now the sun was coming up and he still was not tired he thought what better time to go to the library than now. He was in front of the massive library in a matter of minutes, however he still had to wait for the librarian to arrive to unlock the door. Once the librarian had arrived Raku headed inside, he did not care how long it would take but he was not going to leave until he found answers, his first stop was the history of wars, an entire section that was dedicated to books about the different wars of the world, a section he had not looked in previously because he had no reason to believe that his parents had been a part of any war or were even shinobi to begin with.

{Exit Thread}

1274 + 4918 = 6192
Strength from D-Rank to D-3: -1175
Speed from D-Rank to D-3: -1175
Endurance from E-3 to D-3: -1475
Perception from D-Rank to D-3: -1175
Reaction from D-Rank to D-3: -1175
Total words used: 6175
Total Ryo Cost: 750

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.