You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Road Less Travelled [Social - Invite] Empty The Road Less Travelled [Social - Invite] Wed May 17, 2017 10:54 am

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
Daremo

Another week, another stroll in Konoha's forest. The weather had been nice lately (well, when wasn't it nice in Honokha, really?) and with a new week, Airi had to refill her ingredients once more. It had been busy times for her lately, as if all the people in Konoha had fallen out of supplies at the same time, and so she found herself increasingly occupied with gathering herbs, running around applying first aid and sharing recipes or concoctions with those in need of little tricks for a healthier life. It was fun, really, but her training was pushed behind more and more because of it.

So here she was, foraging around in a navy blue flowing dress, vines and blossoms decorating it in an abstract artistic way. Her long flowing hair draped over it, the green matching just fine and somewhat tangling with the brown satchel that was thrown over her shoulders. The bag was already filled rather well, but it was far from sufficient to replenish her almost empty ingredients.

The heat of the day beat down mercilessly, and even under the rich shadows of Konoha's tall trees, it was barely any fresher than in full light. As such, most bigger animals and people had sought shelter and were taking a listless afternoon nap to pass the day. Only the insects remained, busier than ever, as they followed the trails of scenting flowers in search of rich bounty to bring in.

Considering the amount of plants she required, Airi had taken a path she usually left for what it was. The large amount of knots, thorny vines and otherwise dense part of the forest wasn't something she usually felt wading though and therefore had plenty of time to grow in peace and provide a wealthy amount of products. Just for this reason exactly, she had decided today to take that road.

The path was difficult to walk due to the old gnarled roots growing everywhere and barely leaving any room for feet, even if they were as tiny as Airi's. Bushes and brambles grew snugly together, jealously guarding their secrets from prying eyes while keeping them away with the seemingly random vine, and the loud buzz of bees, wasps and generally fattened flies of all kind added to the feeling travellers were preferably kept outside.

Perhaps unlucky for them, Airi was a Senju. If anything, she was used to handle vines, thorns, flowers and trees, and this path would not be different in approach. As if walking on flowers, her callous bare feet gently stepped over the overgrown path, leaving it perfectly undisturbed and with so much as no footprint to be found.

Reaching the end of the road, the bramble thicket revealed its rich treasures. Thick roots, solid vines, blooming flowers not quite easily found in the other areas, here and there a wild vegetable and eager young fruit not quite ripe just yet. Just what she needed. Resting a hand on her thigh and tilting her head at the picture before her, Airi smiled.

Walking up to the Lord of the Thicket, the name she had given to the only tree standing proudly in the middle of it all, she greeted him with a hug, climbed on its old branches and sat down between two broad and strong branches. A well deserved break was in order, and so she took out a flask of freshly pressed apple juice to slake her thirst as her eyes enjoyed the picture below and took in the unique scent of the bramble thicket.

wc 597

Daremo

S-rank
"Hatchling.", Daremo's eyes fluttered open upon hearing someone speaking to him. Instead of having to look around for the speaker, he easily found them perched on a branch to the left of his current position. The beings large, hefty body somehow being supported by a limb that looked like it could break any moment but hadn't for whatever reason. Their thick brownish tail dangling freely, just as both of their limbs were, as they lounged on the branch without much care. Not like he could fault them, for he was doing the same thing. His back pressed up against the trunk of the large oak tree, left knee popped up, supporting one of his arms and at one point his head, the other just dangling from the branch.

"Mother and father eagerly await your arrival.", if anyone else would've held this creature speak, they wouldn't have any inclination at what was being spoken. The tongue not being native human one, but rather, an animal summons that he had become affiliated with for reasons of own. Throaty and powerfully, even simple phrases could send a chill down others. It as if each word spoken had an untold amount of power in them, that make others want to submit and obey. Something that Daremo have gotten used to as of late.

Tilting his head ever slightly, a few black strains of hair obscuring his vision briefly, only to be pushed behind his ear, he locked eyes with a pair so similar to his own ones. Yellow in color, the creature's eyes spoke of superior and amusement, as they gazed into his own. Having been around the creature long enough, he knew the mirth within those eyes come from it finding him being amusing, as they found all humans to be. This creature didn't respect nor had an interest in them. If interest is shown, it's mainly out of amusement of those coming to seek to learn from them. To them, humans were nothing more than insects that can become annoying at times but is generally worthless for anything but cheap entertainment. Daremo knew this perfectly well, this particularly not being one to hide their dislike for the race. Licking his parched lips, Daremo spoke in the same language as the creature but with a noticeable hesitant "They won't be waiting for much longer. I'm getting used to the natural energy. While there are still times where the pain becomes unbearable, those are not often. Even now, with you in my presence, I'm only experiencing a dull ache. Give me a week's time, and I shoul --", the narrowing of the beast eyes gave him pause, "I will be ready by then. You can them that."

"Oh? Confident aren't we? Well, I bet mother and father will be glad to hear this. They have been just dying to see you again.", there was laughter in its voice. The type that comes from when another tells a good joke or something is found hilarious. And, Daremo knew exactly what the creature found funny; him. "I'm sure to go a tell them this right now.", it spoke, limbs no longer dangling but now supporting its body on the branch, "You have done enough training today. Go h --". Daremo raised an eyebrow as the beast turned their head to the right, it's eyes twinkling with untold emotions, nostrils inhaling and exhaling deeply, before looking back at the doctor, "On second thought. Remember that path we stumbled on? I want you to go through it and explore the flora in that area. There might be some plant-life that could help with your jutsu creations. I expect to see something new in your arsenal the next time we meet.", with its peace said, the creature disappeared in a plume of smoke. returning back to the realm it dwelled.

Sometimes he really did hate dealing with komodo dragons. . .

With his companion, the word being used loosely, gone. Daremo jumped down from the tree, his dark green training gi fluttering in the wind from the descent. Landing with little to no disturbance to the surrounding area, he began the fifteen-minute walk back to the path they didn't take.

Looking at the path ahead of him, Daremo didn't hesitate in moving forward. Each step he took, vines and roots tried to tangle up his feet, as if nature was trying to prevent him from reaching whatever laid beyond, but ultimately fail as he pushed onward. Even the insects that were buzzing around him didn't deter him from reaching the end.

"Is this what she wanted me to explore?", he silently mused to himself, wiping droplets of perspiration from his brow. Looking around, Daremo immediately notices the amount of flora in this particular area being different than those in other parts of the forest. He wondered why that was. What made this area so unique that different plant-life grew here than in other areas? Dismissing those thoughts, for now, his eyes landed on the gigantic tree, the only tree, that stood in the middle of everything.

As his eyes travel up the length of its massive trunk, Daremo spotted a  green haired girl, in a flowery dress, sitting in between two branches. Not wanting to spook her or anything, he cleared his throat loud enough to be heard and spoke a simple greeting.

"Hello."

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
Sipping her apple juice, she heard the rustling of plants somewhere in the distance. Whoever or whatever it was certainly did not know how to move in such a way that nature itself remained undisturbed. Then again, few outside the Senju knew how to do that. The rustling of the brambles made room for footsteps in the grass. Graceful steps yet strangely loaded, betraying the fact someone was wearing shoes, and with the clearing of a throat and a simple greeting, the identity of the subtle perturbation was partially revealed. A human.

Putting down the half-full bottle of apple juice, Airi looked down at the stranger in front of her. Raven black hair in a tail, the face of a man that had about the age of her father, purple eyes with warmth and treasured wisdom. Smooth skin, unblemished, a lean physique, and a musky scent that hinted at... a hidden danger and earthly familiarity. Even if Airi couldn't exactly place it, she instinctively felt that this man was more than met the eye. A quiet predator of sorts.

"Hey, Brother.", she returned the greeting with a smile, briefly raising her hand. "You look like you could use a drink."

She deftly threw him the half-full bottle of apple juice and jumped down the tree with such ease it was as if she had always been doing so. After dusting off her dress somewhat, she approached the man and offered her hand in greeting as she took a closer look at his eyes. The wisdom behind the eyes was of the sort few would be able to match. Wherever he was from or went to, this man had... seen things. Finding it most curious, Airi could only wonder who this man was, not exactly believing he was a simple villager out for a stroll.

After having shaken hands, or not, she rested her hand on her thigh, shifting most of her weight to one leg. "I'm Airi. Who are you?", she asked with a mellow air and genuine curiosity. "Funny how you stumbled upon this thicket shortly after I arrived. Rare's the person that bothers passing through the brambles and thorns, even among the villagers nearby. What brings you here? Are you lost, or just looking for herbal ingredients as well?"

She threw a glance at the road behind him, curious to see if others would appear, but it looked like he'd be the only one. And as the animals generally seemed undisturbed by his presence, she guessed there were none lurking in the shadows with malevolent intent - no matter the skill of the shinobi, unlike humans, animals weren't easily fooled by hidden intent. Airi greatly made use of such natural instinct and tricks to assess her environment. Perhaps a little too often, even.

wc 471 + 597
= 1068

Daremo

S-rank
"An odd one.", he mused, right hand coming up to wave back at the female in question. An eyebrow raised a little, seeing the bottle of what she had been drinking, apple juice, thrown in his direction. The same hand that was in the process of falling back to his waist-side. Reached up, nimble fingers wrapping around the bottle, securing it in place and bringing to his person. Eyes flickered downward at it, making sure it indeed what he thought. It's sweet aroma confirming it being what he thought it was. "How did you know?", he inquired, regarding his need for a drink, bringing the bottle to his parched lips, the liquid splashing against them, and sliding down his throat.

The cooling sensation being welcomed greatly by him. Indeed he was thirsty, but reasons permitted him from doing anything about it. And, it's not like he hadn't gone an extended amount of time without drinking anything. However, it wasn't going to turn down a chance to quench his thirst, even if a stranger had already drunk from the bottle. Risky? Sure, but he had confidence that she didn't do anything to the drink, after all, she did drink some out of it before tossing it to him.

With his thirst now quelled, the bottle hanging limply in his right hand that's now rested on his side, he took a better look at the advancing woman who had stumbled upon. Free flowing green hair, much unlike a certain Ghost he knew, contrasted well against her fawn-like skin. The face of the woman showing much more youth than his own, and of those who usually acquainted himself with, and reminded him of his younger sisters in another lifetime ago. It's her eyes that drew most of his attention, turquoise in color, shown of an innocence not typically found in many nowadays. With their lives, even from childhood, being nothing but events of misfortune one after another. It was refreshing to see someone who wasn't angst fill like many others.

He accepted the handshake, left hand moving up to grasps her offered hand in a gentle manner. Vigorous work had toughened his hands, but yet, they still able to retain some semblances of softness to them. Letting his hand fall back to the waist side, he looked at the girl with slight interest, and it seemed she was doing the same.

"Nice to meet you, Airi. I'm Kobayashi, Daremo", he spoke, committing the name to memory for future reference. If she were apart of a clan, there haven't been any evidence to say one way or another, which one she belong to? This thought didn't last long though, it been only entertained for the briefest of seconds."No, I'm not lost.", briefly looking around the area, noting once again the different plant-life, as he thought about if he should tell her? Could she possibly help him in learning more about flora? She did ask if he were looking for herbal ingredients, so she must know something, right?  "My teacher.", yes, that is what he would consider the summons, for she indeed teaches him, in her own way, "Wanted me to learn more about herbs and plant life in general - especially those in this area. Being a medic, my knowledge regarding flora is lacking, as much as I hate to admit it. So, I'm here. Although, I didn't expect to stumble over someone else.", thinking about what she had said, Daremo spoke once more, "Think you can help me with that?"

604[1515]

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
She chuckled, "I didn't know for sure, but you look like you've been travelling a while. And it's quite warm today.". She was happy to see him enjoy the apple juice she had brought with her without too much hesitation. If anything, she didn't really feel like explaining to someone she wasn't actually drinking poison herself.

The stranger shook her hand and was given a warm smile for it, upon which he proceeded to present himself as 'Kobayashi Daremo'. It was not a familiar name, for she remembered no one in the Village with that name, and thus concluded he must not be from Konoha. Curious as she was, she wanted to ask him, but he gave her a reply, and a question, she had not quite expected. He was a wanderer, not lost, but brought here by his teacher? A medic, in search of a herbalist? What a coincidence.

If she wasn't already curious before, it was certainly piqued now. The man looked like he could be her father, yet he was looking to learn about herbal knowledge despite that. Had he picked up healing just recently? It could be. Some people were late-bloomers like that. But she also wondered who this teacher was who seemingly knew there had to be a herbalist around here. She titled her head somewhat, curiosity apparent in her eyes.

"Actually, yes. I'm a herbalist.", she smiled softly, turning around to show the satchel with herbs resting against the tree she had jumped from. "It's been pretty busy lately, so I was gathering various ingredients for medicinal and practical use. You know. Tonics, teas, soap, and products that make your hair shine." Her eyes brightened up in amusement.

It was what she did to keep herself occupied. Make various tonics, syrups, balms and tea combinations to improve immunity or take care of simple daily illness. She was no medical nin, but it helped the people with small things and lightened the menial visits to the hospital. Sometimes she could apply a bit of first aid. And if she had time and ingredients left, she made a few extra products to indulge her own wiles. Or that of other girls.

"You say you are a medic... Did you just recently start as healer, or are you rather used to other means of healing? I mean no offence, but most medics I know are mostly found at the hospital. They aren't... that interested in the healing application of herbs."

The healers she referred too were rather used to work with chakra, chemically created medicine and those special shinobi pills. While they were grateful for the occasional help she offered, it seemed most of the healers considered natural forms of healing as a minor means or a secondary rank.

Airi walked back to the tree to pick up her satchel and slipped it over her head and resting on her shoulder. She guessed that, if the man was really interested in learning herbalism, she could teach him a few things. And the best way to learn, was through hard work after she had explained what they were looking for.

wc 532 + 1068
= 1600

Daremo

S-rank
"Of course, she knew.", he mused, mentally shaking his head at the misconception his teacher didn't have a hand in this impromptu meeting. There wasn't any way the summon didn't know this girl, a herbalist, was nearby. It explained why the being had looked in this general direction before giving him the orders of learning about the flora in this location. He should have known the summon didn't do anything without just cause. There's always a reason for it's action, rather be for its own amusement or wanting him to learn something - nothing done by them was did without cause.

Knowing this, he didn't outwardly show his surprise of her being a herbalist. It being obvious now the summoner sent him in hopes of meeting this person and learning from them what he can, and he was going to do just that. "Though she is pretty young. How do I know the herbs she has in the satchel weren't describe and written down by someone else?", while not being the one to discriminate someone because of their age, he couldn't deny the fact of the matter; Airi was incredibly young to be a herbalist. It gave him brief pause that quickly disappeared as it came. Sure, the girl before him might have been young enough to be his child, maybe, and there was a chance she wasn't a herbalist, doing the work for another, but, he was still willing to learn something from her. Knowledge comes in many different forms and from a variety of people, maybe he would garner something from her?

"Sounds like someone is a budding medic.", he came to conclude, having listened to her speak about using herbs for medical purposes. Maybe he could teach her a thing or two in exchange for learning about herbs? Surely, that would be a suffice enough payment? While he wasn't well known within the medical field, he did have a good understanding of it, with knowledge potentially rivaling many in the field. He chuckled at the remark about hair products, "I now know who to come to if I'm in the market for hair products.", amusement shining brightly in his eyes. "Maybe once everything is said and done, I can purchase some teas off of you? Because, haven't found a good tea shop since arriving in Konohagakure.", the man having a love for the liquid; a love that started in his early childhood, and never seem to cease.

"I have been a medic for over twenty years. Most of my time as a medic was spent working in a village in Kaze no Kuni as a doctor. It has only been a year since I came to Konoha and found work at the local hospital as a nurse instead of a doctor. Like many of my colleagues, outside of using chakra, I didn't bother in learning alternative means of healing, specifically healing with herbs. My previous teacher was teaching be about herb applications in the medical field, but she passed away fifteen years ago. It's only my recent teacher who wants to pick back up on my studies the field and learn as much possible. Not only am I suppose to learn how to heal using herbs, but also, figure out how to replicate certain herb(s) effect using medical chakra. Can't really call myself a good medic, if I become useless when my chakra is sealed, no?"

What left unsaid was his real reason for wanting to learn about herbs and their interaction with the body. And, said reasons wouldn't be known for the time being. Who knew how she would react knowing that any knowledge garner will be used to potentially harm others? With him not knowing the girl better than a stranger on the street, some things about him had to be kept secret. Besides, there are some things better left unknown by all.

"In exchange for teaching me about herbs. Perhaps, if interested, I can teach you something about medical ninjutsu?", he asked, having walked over towards her, and now standing a few feet away from her. He didn't have any problem in teaching. She wouldn't be the first Konoha-nin that he had taken under his wing.

"Where do we begin?"

726[2241]

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
"Oh, I'm no tea expert, but I know a few good mixtures.", she replied. Most of those were infusions to bolster the immunity system, really, but they had the added benefit of being quite tasty. At least some of them were, since herbal medicine was generally known to be rather distasteful.

Daremo proceeded to confirm what she had stated about medics. He, too, had been one of those medics relying mostly on chakra healing rather than natural means, but his last sentence quite made her smile. He was right to believe that a chakra doctor wouldn't be a good one if his chakra were sealed. And since he seemed to believe so, she felt it necessary to help him on his path to become a better healer.

"I'm sorry to hear about your loss.", she allowed a moment of empathic silence, "It must have been hard as healer to not be able to continue a started path. I'm glad you were able to pick it up again with your new mentor"

That said, replicating the effects of herbs through chakra was a different story. Herself, she had experimented with replicating the scent of certain plants, but she considered that as a Senju it was somewhat... natural to be able to do so. Her knowledge on medical jutsu was, however, lacking and certainly not developed enough to know its possibilities. To her, it had always seemed they did exactly the same thing with people as she generally did with flowers - regrow what was missing. To hear Daremo then offer lessons in medical jutsu in exchange for hers, appealed to her. A healing for a healing. It sounded like a fair trade, if she ever heard one.

"I'd like that. I met a girl a few days ago who's a medical nin with a Yang rich chakra. She mentioned that I might be able to pick up medical jutsu easily as well, so it's a most welcome gift if you would be willing to teach me."

She remembered that day with Hanbei and how both of them had shown what their chakra did. The way the Guanyin reversed damage by reproducing what was missing, and the way she regrew flowers with her mokuton chakra. It had been an interesting day.

When Daremo asked her where to start, she had to think a little bit. This wasn't exactly an ordinary school, or an ordinary student. He certainly knew more than her on matters of healing, so that meant he'd probably pick up fast. But there were so many herbs and plants to talk about, so many various ways to put them to good use it was rather overwhelming. She scratched the back of her head as she thought how to begin on this, and ultimately decided she'd make things simple - she'd explain the plants as they appeared.

"I think we could start just here."

She searched around for a moment until she found a green plant with fleshy looking leaves. The sort she often used to improve the healing of wounds and that was rich on vitamins. Finding one of those, she pointed at the plant and walked over.

"Let's start with this one, the Vera. It generally grows in warmer areas, so the Land of Fire is quite a favoured place.", she said, pulling off one of its fleshy leaves to show the gel-like liquid inside it, "This is what we need. The juice inside has a many great uses. When applied like a balm, it's moistening sap improves the closing of small wounds like cuts, chapped lips and general skin draught.", she handed over the leaf to Daremo before continuing so he could take a look at it himself, "But, it can also be put as an ingredient in lotions that soften and moisten the skin. However, even while it's rather tasty and rich on vitamins, one should never eat too much of it since it could cause toxicity."

She paused, allowing Daremo to take it all in before she'd continue to a new plant. Perhaps he had questions, perhaps he found this too easy or silly. She couldn't tell on spot as she wasn't sure she was teaching the right way. Airi hoped this was the sort of lessons the man was looking for to improve his personal knowledge.

In any case, Airi didn't really need a lot of these leaves as they readily grew just about everywhere and, for decoration purpose mostly, had several of these growing at home. She considered the plant a solid all-around first aid emergency for daily mishaps with kitchen work or children.

wc 788 + 1600
= 2388

Daremo

S-rank
"Thank you.", thinking back to the woman who played an important role in his medical education, and him in becoming the medical shinobi he is today. After his first sensei, turned lover, defected, leaving him on the brink of death, something that couldn't be said about his teammates, he lacked direction. The woman, a civilian doctor who crawled her way to head medic and partial ownership of a major hospital, didn't have a reason take him under her wing when there were others who desperately vied for the position, yet she did. She tuned out the voices of fellow colleagues, warning her about him, and gave him a chance. And like a potter fixing a deformed clay pot, she did exactly that for him, making him into the medic he is today. He owed much to the woman, an un-payable debt that he continues to pay, "it was hard, but she left something precious to look after. So my time was taken up during just that.". His thoughts briefly thinking about the lover his teacher left behind and in his care; he wondered how she was doing?

Even if his mentor didn't give him direction, he had planned on learning more about flora on his own time. Him stumbling over a potential herbalist, undoubtedly thanks to his mentor's direction, only made the process of learning much easier. And even if there was some doubt about the girl's claim of being knowledgeable, his thirst for knowledge, a core trait of his, allowed him to overlook such a concern.

"It's the least I can do with you helping out me out. And I'm sure you will pick it up fast. You already having some knowledge in the field helps. ", the girl had accepted his offer of learning medical ninjutsu in return to learn more about the flora and how they could be used in the medical field. If he were honest with himself, which he is, his could've offered her something else in exchange for this knowledge. Money, surely, anyone would've been willing to teach him the same thing if enough was offer to them, and he highly doubted Airi was any different. So, why didn't he offered that instead? He was curious. This would be the first herbalist he would have the chance of teaching, and he wondered what she could do with the knowledge under her belt? If she indeed had a good grasp over the many flora and properties, how would she incorporate them with medical ninjutsu? Would she take the idea he had thrown out there, regarding replicating a plant's effect via chakra and experiment with it? Would she succeed? Or would she fail? Maybe she wouldn't use the idea, instead, going down her own path. What would her path? Would the medical arts be used to save people, being the healing waves of kami? Or would they be used to take lives, been Shinigami's messenger? There were so many possibilities and paths Airi could take, and Daremo was curious in what she would do.

After asking her where they would begin, Daremo patiently waited for direction. Watching as she seemingly trying to gather her thoughts, her hand moving to scratch the back of her head. He didn't say anything though. Allowing a comfortable silence, only broken by the wildlife, descend upon them. He didn't have to wait long for direction, she having figured out where to begin his education would start.

Following her, not close enough that they would bump into each other if she turned around, Daremo eyed the plant that was pointed out to him. Nothing about the plant told him what exactly it was. Only after the plant's name was given did it's identity came to the medic-nin. "Aloe Vera?", he inquired, wanting to be sure the plant currently in his hand was indeed the one that he thought it was.

Rubbing his fingers over the leaf, getting a feel for its texture, "I didn't know about some of those uses. And toxicity? How so? Is it a defense mechanism that some plants have to protect against predators? Is it just toxic to humans or also animals if taken in large quantities? Is that the only adverse effects it has or is there more?", he couldn't help but ask about the plant's negative effects. Not only because it was of interest, but as a medic, one had to know as much as possible about something that will be given to another. "Also.", as if an afterthought, "You mention there being other uses. What are some of those? And does the leaf itself have any medical properties or just the juice it contains?"

800[3041]

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
She had given him a flood of information, and he returned it with a flood of questions. Such an eager student! But it also forced her to rack her brain for every ounce of knowledge she was once taught by her grandfather. While she didn't bother that much with the negative effects of plants, she did know this one in particular since her grandfather had a most... disgusting experience with it. Her grandfather often laughed with the experience, but all in all it wasn't exactly a pleasant one to suffer.

"It... has a laxative effect.", she replied briefly to his question about its toxicity, still hesitating somewhat if she had to tell her grandfather's story. "My grandfather once used too much of it at a time he thought it would prove to be a good additional nutrition and flavour for a pudding recipe. Needless to say, he and his friend never tried it again.", she left the details for what it was. Airi was quite sure Daremo could figure out the details about that on his own, "However, there are people who react to it as if it were just a common poison or an allergic reaction. Fever, sluggishness, abdominal pain, vomiting. It's not lethal as far as I know, as most immunities are able to get it out of their bodies within a day or so, but it's no experience I'm willing to undergo. While I've yet to see animals get really interested in the plant, I'm assuming the effects aren't very different for them."

She looked at the plant dreamily as she went over the information she just shared, thinking what else she could tell. This was about all the information she could bring up when it came to medicinal use, unless she told Daremo how she used it in simple hygienic products like soaps and balms. Would he even be interested in that? The utility of plants stretched so wide she wasn't quite sure she'd ever be able to tell him all.

"I also use it in small doses for certain hygienic products. It's quite good when combined with saponaria in a dilution as it cleans and nourishes the skin in addition to smelling quite good. Some even use it to clean their clothes with surprising efficiency.", she said smiling. The versatility certain plants had was marvellous to say the least. "I'm not sure if you'd like to learn any of that? It's not exactly medicinal... but the use and applications of herbs and flowers spans possibly a wider world than medical ninjutsu, even"

Health care, immunity, toxicity. Hygiene, cleaning, body lotions. Love, decoration, emotional and psychological manipulation by scent. There was so much one could do with herbs and flowers Airi had a hard time to remember everything her grandfather had ever written. A lifetime he had spend, and she had picked it up at early age, but even after all those years she knew precious little compared to the whole world he had seen.

wc 514 + 2388
= 2902

Daremo

S-rank
Surely, he thought Airi would’ve questioned why he had been curious about the plant’s toxicity if consumed in large quantities, and of what side effects if any, it entailed. Yet, the young herbalist did not, only pausing to gather her thoughts before delivering an answer to the questions he sought after.

"So, the plant has a laxative effect on humans?.", he thought to himself, wondering if the same effect applied to animals as well, and indulging further into the specific effect. What exactly about the plant causes this effect to occur? The body reacts differently towards everything even on the smallest of scales. Was there a singular compound within the plant that causes the human body to respond that way? If so, what compound was it, and could he replicate it with medical chakra? Briefly, he wondered if the girl before him could answer any of those questions, but he decided against asking for now. If another opportunity arises, he definitely would ask her some of those questions to see if she had any insight on them.

If it was anyone else, or someone younger or immature than they might have found the small tale to be disgusting or humorous. Yet, for someone like him, having seen his fair share of disgusting things in the operating room and out on the field, the thought of someone having an intense bowel movement, didn't compare to much.

"Patience is rewarded to those who wait.“, he mused, the herbalist having unknowingly answered some of his silent questions in a round-bout-way. From what he gathered, the negative effects of Aloe Vera differs from person to person with most exhibiting symptoms typical of a common poison or an allergic reaction; both Daremo had some knowledge especially the former. Even he couldn't replicate the laxative effect, mimicking the other effects should be relatively easy for him. "I can see this being lethal for the extremely young or elderly. With their immune systems either not developed fully or have weakened over time. Most substances that induce vomiting, with the high amount of acid, has a chance of cause damages to the esophagus such as tearing it. That in itself can lead to other more pressing medical issues if not treated right away.", he spoke, giving the girl some insight on the effects vomiting can have on the body.

The utility of the plant is something not surprising; his teacher had lectured him on how many flora can be used in a mundane of different ways for various purpose. Whilst learning about it's hygienic properties wasn't the most interesting thing it the world. It did give him more insight on the plant, and what it can possibly do. Not only that, but Airi mentioned a new plant, "Saponaria?", he questioned, the name of the plant not being familiar to him. "Is it another common plant around here?",eyes briefly looking around at the flora, searching for the plant mentioned even though he didn't know what it looked like. "I'm assuming, like medicine, plants have interactions with others when mixed together?", he inquired.

"Not being a native of Hi no Kuni, are there any plants I should be weary of?", he questioned. He didn't want to accidentally pick up something that might be harmful to him. Sure, studying the effects it has on his body sounded interesting, but he didn't want to experience that now.

578[3619]

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
As she shared her knowledge, she could see Daremo think the information through. His pensive eyes seemed to match all he had heard with all he already knew, giving it a place in his personal library within his mind. In doing so, he discovered some other knowledge of use which he shared with her - the effects of vomiting, a symptom that had always seemed harmless, albeit disgusting. Airi wasn't aware that the acid could be the beginning of deeper, more problematic, internal wounds. Her grandfather might have known such things, once, but her knowledge on medicine had been the more basic, though broad, application of plants. To be here now, sharing her knowledge with a medic that actually wanted to learn from her, felt nice. Combining those two worlds offered seemingly limitless options on how to heal people.

The lessons continued when Daremo inquired about saponaria and so Airi explained the plant as well, "It's not as common as I'd like it to be but you could find some around here. It has soft pink flowers with long petals. The plant is not so much used in medicinal use, but it's popular for various cleansing products. As the name suggest, saponaria is a natural soap. It's good to treat delicate textiles and skin as it tends to mousse easily. My grandfather said he even used it in his home-brewn beer just for that property, but... I'm not sure that's true since he said overdosing isn't exactly a pretty affair to deal with. Nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting... I guess the soap cleanses you from the inside out in some way."

It was just another toxin for that matter. In fact, plenty of flowers had some toxic side effect despite their useful qualities.  As if Gaia had purposely added some sort of natural balance within plants just to mock the fools driven by greed and refused to learn moderation. Or maybe She just wanted to make it known that delicacy didn't mean safety. Something that was often the case in Nature - beautiful things were often equally deadly.

"You'll find that many herbs often have a natural toxin aside from their qualities, but it's hard to determine what doses could be considered lethal. Every plant is different, and the tolerance against it is different for every being. Healing with herbs holds an equal delicate balance. Too much, and the body won't make use of it, discarding the excess. Not enough, and you won't heal properly."

It could easily be seen as the physical counterpart of medical jutsu. Just as delicate, requiring an equal precision. But rather than chakra, it used whatever the earth had to offer. Or whatever the people could find.

"How does medical jutsu treat such things? I have a hard time imagining iryojutsu to be used to prevent vomiting."

As far as her experience went, medical jutsu was generally used to heal wounds, perhaps regrow small pieces of the body if one had truly a knack for the style.

wc 512 +2902
= 3414

Daremo

S-rank
From the small interaction, there was a common trend that Daremo had picked up on; everything Airi knew seems to have come from her grandfather. He could only assume the man was an expert herbist or close to one. For, while he himself didn't know much about plants, the young lady before him seem to do. The lack of hesitation when it came to answering his questions, showed she, at least, being able to memorized certain information regarding plants that her grandfather taught her. There was still some reservation he had about her. But, he wasn't going to let them get in his way of learning whatever he could from the woman.

Filing the information regarding saponaria's properties away, for the time being, "Is there a reason for why it isn't common here? Is it a native species or was it introduced to the region?", he asked, having taken notice of her mentioning the plant not being as common as she would like. If the plant isn't native to Fire Country then maybe she could tell him where it came from; it never hurts to know these things in case he ever finds himself in the particular region. It would also help to know this in case he ever found himself in a situation where the plant properties might be needed. While the toxicity of the plant seemed mild at best, he could still used them for less than good purposes if the need arises.

"Seems like plants and humans are eerily the same in some ways.", he spoke, elaborating seconds afterward.  "Each human is different than the next. Never will we counter someone who is exactly the same as someone we had met before. And while every plant may be toxic on some levels, so does every human have a dark side that's dependent on their environment or circumstances at hand." Not the best comparison he could've thought of, but hopefully, she could understand it.

Turning away from some of the wildlife that was scurrying about on the edge of the grove, as she inquired about medical ninjutsu and how it treats such alignments, Daremo focused his attention on her.  "Iryōjutsu, depending on what you using it for, can be broken down into three separate branches: yin, yang, and a combination of those two. In the context of stopping vomiting or any other similar alignment, a yang enriched chakra is used. Yang chakra promotes vitality in an accelerated pace into whatever it comes in contact with. Using it will accelerate a body's natural healing process to the point where whatever may be causing the vomiting is destroyed naturally. Of course, the same can be done with equal parts yin and yang chakra to create white specialized antibodies that target only the direct cause of the vomiting. All of this falls under the healing portion of iryōjutsu. And - - "

"Now. Now. Hatchling.", the familiar voice of the one who sent him to the location rang out within the grove.  Feminine in tone, the amount of wisdom and power it held could easily be felt by the inhabitants as the owner of the voice arrived, popping into existence on Daremo's right side. Dark brown armored scales with patches of light brown and orange covered the beast. Scars of varying length and sizes were faded out on it's skin, told stories of the battles it was a part of. A long, purplish fork tongue flicked out, tasting the air, and those in the surrounding vicinity. If possible, the grin, revealing rows of serrated teeth; perfect to tear the flesh of others. Reptilian eyes, yellow in coloration with flecks of green, stared at Airi with a dangerous mischievous glint before looking away. Raptor-esque claws, meant for ripping into flesh, dug into the soft dirt with ease. Four meters in length, it's thick and powerful tail comprising most of it, and standing nearly a meter in height, the Komodo dragon was anything but a normal animal.  

"What are you doing here?", instead of speaking in the tongue Airi used to, Daremo spoke in the natural dialect of the Komodo's. His voices taking on a more deep, gluttonous tone, as he inquired why his mentor was here.

"None of that, hatchling.  Speak in your native tongue. You don't want your friend, here to be left in the dark now do you?", she spoke in a mocking manner, obliviously not caring if Airi understood. "Now, as I was saying. Hatchling, when are you going to tell your friend what exactly you specialize in? That, you aren't an ordinary medic who heals people, but one who uses the art of destruction? For you see,", she turned her attention to Airi before continuing to speak, "The one you are helping learn about herb is only doing so to gain new ways to kill people. He is, by human standards, one of the best medics when it comes to killing others with iryōjutsu. Does that change anything?". The beast spoke and waited for a reply.

Meanwhile, Daremo didn't say anything. Not being bothered by Airi knowing the truth of the matter; he was going to mention it to her anyway. Now though, he was curious in seeing how Airi would react to the giving info.

894[4513]

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
Airi wasn't sure if she really knew why some plants grew here and some didn't. Was saponaria native? She couldn't tell. While she was well-versed in herbology, she had no idea of its origins, history or general biological evolution. Perhaps her grandfather would have known, or maybe it was written somewhere in one of his journals, but she hadn't really needed that knowledge in her life until this very moment.

"I'm not very familiar with the reasons as why plants grow or don't grow here. Since saponaria is an evergreen, I'd guess it might just prefer an area where most other evergreens thrive well. Like the Dense Forest, for example. But even then... flowers and small plants are more delicate than trees and might require additional terms to bloom.", she tried as answer. Honestly, she didn't know the finest details as she had mostly focused on the uses of the plants. Not really wanting to leave Daremo hanging with no answer, Airi continued, "Perhaps my grandfather's journals might have an answer to your question, but I'd require some time to look it up."

Those journals were at home, of course, and hidden as Airi tended to value them as one of the last remaining physical memories of her grandfather's presence. They served as a poor substitute for the hours they had spend together talking about plants and animals, now holding all knowledge he had once shared with her face to face. He was missed dearly.

Daremi proceeded to pick up on the similarities of humans and plants, comparing the toxicity of plants with the dark side of humans. She wasn't quite sure she fully grasped what he meant with that, as she personally saw little darkness or light within people. To her, human was just an animal like any other with some higher intellect that, oddly, was used for the dumbest things first. That, and perhaps to hide their primal nature under layers of societal etiquette they called 'civilisation'. Still, she guessed he meant it so that people, too, could be toxic or deadly - a truth she could get behind easily.

He then proceeded to explain iryojutsu and its nature. She had heard about Yang healing from Hanbei before and had discovered her own kekkei genkai to be strong on Yang chakra, something that was easily proven in the way she was able to channel some chakra to regrow the missing parts of a plant - much like a Guanyin did, so Hanbei had said. The explanation on Yin healing and a balanced sort of healing was quite new though. The combination of offensively taking down disease while using Yang to strengthen these... antibodies? Whatever that was exactly, seemed like an interesting combination. However, the Yin branch of iryojutsu would not be revealed just yet as a komodo dragon showed up out of nowhere.

Her voice had clearly sounded feminine, but the sight of the creature wasn't one Airi was comfortable yet. The creature oozed the danger of a predator even despite the grin it seemingly flashed her, was larger than the average komodo she had seen or heard tales about and revealed itself, in strength of voice and composure, to be a powerful being all together. Its colours reminded her of autumn, a season where things slowly fell to slumber, which was a most fitting set of hues for the reputation of the komodo dragon, and betrayed her homeland to be in forests with a lot of brushes to hide in. Of all the creatures Airi had known or met, this had to be one of the few that was equally despicable as it was intriguing.
However, Airi didn't feel threatened by the creature being a komodo dragon, but by its ability to speak and show up out of nowhere - an animal with humane intellect meant that it not only had access to its primal power, Gaia's granted ability to adapt and survive, but also to the tactical treachery of humanity. She immediately distrusted the animal, and shot a cautious glance in answer to the komodo's feral mischief.

What then surprised her was to hear Daremo speak in a guttural language, which she could only assume to be the native language of the komodo, if they even had one as such. While she had no idea what he had said, the context and the primal intent behind it felt like a paradox - he wanted to hide something the komodo aimed to reveal by speaking in a language that oddly revealed their connection.

The komodo's combination of primal instinct and humane intellect became apparent as she revealed Daremo's actual intentions and proceeded to ask a seemingly innocent question. A question that, if asked to any other human out there, would probably have triggered a shocked reaction. Airi, who had mostly ditched society to go live in the woods, who had been raised with all kinds of stories about plants and animals, who had heard the most fantastic and unbelievable tales about werewolves, giant bears and saponaria being used to improve a beer's head was, by all standards hardly someone to be considered as 'any other human'.

"To each predator its fangs", she replied dryly, but couldn't stop herself from looking at Daremo with mild disappointment. Even if her rational mind considered the option he hadn't mentioned his true intentions to not sound as a murderer, she kinda felt as if he had slighted her by not being honest and straight-forward about it. After all, no animal hid its true nature.

"It matters little what he does with the knowledge as I'm not humanity's guardian. I'd only hate to see him turn into a rabid beast with little regard for Nature."

A true statement, as a week ago she had spoken with Hanbei about a similar thought. What would you do if you were a goddess, had been the question. Airi had stated back then she would have ended civilisation for Nature's sake.

"Since you have the ability to speak the human tongue, komodo, I wonder who you are though. What exactly compels you to show up out of the blue and reveal such hidden intentions?"

She couldn't shake off the feeling there was more this encounter, but she couldn't place what it was. Was it here to hunt her? Had it been observing her? Was it here to play with her 'hatchling', whatever the reason may be for an intellectual komodo to name a human as such? Was this the 'mentor' Daremo had spoken about?

wc 1113 + 3414
= 4527

Daremo

S-rank
The look of disappointment on her face didn't bother him at all. Was it truly shocking that he only sought her out for knowledge and nothing else? True, while his intents were anything but pure(depending on viewpoint), and he did him them from her, it shouldn't have come to a surprise. In the world they live in it should be common knowledge, or at least expected on some levels that, more times or not, people are out to use each other for their own personally gain. He has yet to find anyone who did something out of the kindness of their heart without any motive; everyone he has dealt with wanted something in some form.

"Each predator has its fangs?", the Komodo dragon chuckled at the girl's analogy. Finding humor in the idea that Daremo was a predator, maybe to the humans, but to her? The man was just a hatchling - an unique hatchling. "You have a unique way of describing Daremo, but.", looking at the man and back at Airi, "Is that what you truly see standing before you? Is Daremo really a predator?" Challenging what the young one had spoken, she wanted to know if that what she truly sees. "You took my words to heart. You easily believed what I said. Did my words sway you to come to that particular conclusion? Are you that gullible?", the Komodo continued speaking, " If I didn't say anything, would you still had called Daremo a predator?". Searching, she were searching for something within the girl. Wanting to see how she would react in being called out on her assessment. Would she remain firm in her belief of Daremo being a predator? Would she lash out at the Komodo for calling her 'gullible'? These are the questions they were being sought after.

"The day I turn into a rabid beast is the day I die.", Daremo spoke, having been silent up till now. He didn't have any need in responding to the girl's first comment. Whatever title she gave him would mean little to him, only a select few knows who he truly is. "Rabid beasts are nothing more than cancer that need to be removed but it can spread."

"And you will be the surgeon of removes them, right hatchling?", there was mirth hidden behind her words, as if she was assumed by what was spoken; she was. Being addressed too, and questioned on her intentions, a smile, that just didn't sit right, appeared on her face. "You should know exactly what I am or has humans downgraded to the point they forgot our kind?", her massive tail flicked back and forth. Rather the tail flickering was because of aggravation or annoyance, no one would really know. "No matter. I only came here to check up on my hatchling." at this her head turned towards Daremo then back to Airi, "And to see has he learned anything. You can say, I'm hatchling's mentor."

Daremo shifted a little, the presence of his mentor causing discomfort, and making a specific wound flare up as it reacted to the creatures presence. His purple eyes that flickered down at amusing ones told him that she knew exactly what was happening. Looking back at Airi, "Yes, she is my mentor I spoke about earlier.", removing any confusion on Airi's part if she thought the animal was lying. "She was the one who has been teaching me for the past few years."

"No.", the Komodo dragon spoke, "Not teaching hatchling, but preparing him for his death.". Most people would be bothered by the callous remark, but Daremo, having an idea of what was ahead of him, wasn't. The prospect of dying was a real chance on the path he is taken, but one that needed to be attempted. He, in his opinion, has accept death, therefore, isn't afraid of it. 

657[5170]

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
It seemed the komodo had no intention to follow a sense of human moral despite its intellect. In fact, it used its intellect to fuel its primal ferocity. Intriguing, on one part, but equally annoying as she simply barged into someone else's life to do... what exactly? Taunt Airi? There was a flicker of wisdom in those eyes, hidden by its mockery. As if it dredged through the dirt and darkness to find the star behind the clouds. It was clear the komodo had a different intention than just mocking, but Airi couldn't feel which one exactly. Perhaps for a first time, she wasn't able to understand the primal drive of animals and plants. Probably because the komodo in front of her wasn't just any sort of animal.

"He is a human, therefore he is a predator. Countless animals have died by the hands of humans, even if they were but a child. Deaths that were not returned to the cycle, and given no other purpose than the amusement of humans. A self-entitled justice for whatever wrong-doing an animal small or big may have done towards them.", Airi explained. Her point of view on humans, even if she was one herself, even if she had been living along humans, was this. "So, yes. I'd still call him a predator. He has the eyes of one that has killed before. They betray no emotion, which means his heart has killed most of those long ago."

Perhaps that made Daremo even worse than a murderer or a beast, as animals were quite affectionate with each other and generally rather expressive with their emotions. Surely, humans often disregarded the life of animals as second grade or pointless, but intellect aside, they were every bit equal to humans. If not better, since humans still learned from them and required their assistance in plenty of things.

Hearing Daremo's words on rabid beasts, it seemed he understood what she had meant with her own words. Indeed, if he would prove to be a rabid beast out to destroy all in sight, she'd have to put him down. Or die trying. The man looked like he had the age of her father, so he'd most likely be at an advantage on terms of strength and speed. And since he was knowledgeable in iryo-nin, she could safely assume him to be able to mould chakra and use it as an offensive means despite the specialisation's orientation towards healing. But despite all that, as a self-named protector of Gaia, she had to give it her best if it came to this - few counted the people that walked a similar path as hers.

"Humans mostly know you as a child hunter, komodo. Your kind doesn't shy away from striking down a kid, even if your infections do not always kill them. Much like with wolves, there is little other than the horror and the danger they see when seeing your presence.", she replied to the komodo's remark on being remembered. Airi certainly didn't remember her, and knew little more than the stories they told about the animal. One bite, and the target was riddled with countless infections powerful enough to put down its prey in the briefest of times. Some kids died, others lost the bitten leg. It all depended how strong the kid was and how quick they were to heal the wound. Not once had Airi heard a story of glory, heroism or benevolence when it came to the komodo. Much like wolves, all that was ever remembered was the komodo's ferocious killing instinct.

So thus Airi was not surprised when the komodo corrected Daremo that it wasn't there to teach but to prepare him for his death. How fitting for an animal that was only known for its killing potential. And quite expected. But the question remained: why would a talking komodo teach a human how to prepare for its death? What was there to be gained, when shinobi already knew the risks of walking such a path? All of this to defeat the fear of death? To die peacefully? She had hard to believe that.

"A talking komodo teaching a human for years about embracing death. Were it not that I heard it with my own ears, it would be an unbelievable tale.", she said as she tilted her head somewhat. "What's there to be gained from doing so? I have hard to believe you, or him, are going through all of this just to die peacefully or understand all things come to an end? If all you wished was for him to die, I'm sure I wouldn't be showing him herbalism today."

798 + 4527
= 5325

Daremo

S-rank
A predator. It had been some time since he considered himself as such. Been over a decade since he ever called himself a predator. The mere thought of being considered something...so lowly, disgusted him. "My little predator.", his thoughts drifted back to the times his mother, grandparents, and siblings used to call him such every time he took care of those who were a little bit too grabby with his sisters.

While, at the time, it didn't bother him. They use it as a sign of affection, it was when his clients started calling him such during their activities that his distaste for the word came into existence. Even during his time as a shinobi, he never referred to himself as a predator. A monster? Yes. He was indeed that when the situation caused for it. Still, a monster isn't what he wanted to be called or known as, no, he wanted to be known as his moniker, and he is fully intended on bracing it.

"Everything is returned to the cycle upon death.", he spoke, taking a moment to gather his thoughts, "No matter the circumstances that revolve around it, everything that dies returns back to which it came. Humans are cruel, yes. But, so is nature. From ants that raid a different species, killing them all, except for the eggs to turn the hatchling into slaves. The wolves who kill for the thrill of the hunt, not even bothering to consume the carcasses. To snakes, who, while in their mother's womb, feast on the eggs of their brothers and sisters. And to the lions who kill off cubs to ensure only their line prosper. There is nothing a human can do that nature hasn't done already. " It is true, every atrocities mankind has done, nature had already done before. Might not be on the same scale as what man is capable of but nevertheless, it happened.

The Komodo dragon's tail idly moved back and forth. Her eyes gleaming with amusement at not only Airi's words but also her hatchlings. "Of course, he has killed. It comes with being a murder - - -". A deep chuckle came from the dragon, "Not a murder. What is the pretty title you humans use? Ah, yes, a shinobi. What a pretty title to hide the fact, the majority of you are just like those you condemn and hunt. The only difference is, unlike them, you lot have a whole country backing you up.        But, enough about that.", the particular subject coming to an end, "His heart is very much alive, and not as cold as one might expect. His eyes betray what he expects others assume of him. Hatchling is a very good actor, isn't that right, hatchling?"

Daremo didn't dignify a response to his mentor's taunt. She was just trying to get him to reveal more to the girl before him; he wasn't about to do that. "You speak of horror and danger when you talk about my kind. Is that what you feel while in my presence?", she grins, flashing her sharp teeth even as the bacteria infested drool dribbled down on the forest floor. "Don't worry. While you might make a delicious snack. I'm more interested in you being alive." Indeed, Airi had caught her interest but rather it is a good thing or a bad thing is yet to be known.

Not surprising Airi questioned why his mentor was preparing him for death. It would have been surprising if she didn't question the particular statement. While he wasn't planning on telling her anything. It seemed like his partner had other ideas, "Die peacefully? Hatchling won't have the luxury. His death will be painful and nearly mind breaking. It's the only way he can learn what he is seeking.", moving so her rough skin brushed up against Daremo, the man wincing in pain as ambient energy started flooded into his wound, she paid it no mind. "Senjutsu is what he seeks. And in order for him to become a Sage, he first must die. "Looking at Daremo, the Komodo spoke, "Isn't that right, hatchling?"

Throwing a glare at his mentor, Daremo looked back at Airi, his face returning back to a neutral expression, "Yes, it is.", his voice having a sharpness in it that was aimed at the Komodo who just chuckled in response.

"Now, if you will excuse me, I need to teach Airi medical ninjutsu. If she still wants to learn it with everything considering." he looked at the girl expectingly, waiting for an answer.

"I will stay. Never seen you teach before only heard stories.", with that statement, the reptile walked a few feet away from them and laid on the ground. Her eyes never leaving the pair.

808[5978]

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
While it was true humans had copied all of their actions in history and today's life from Nature, to Airi, the biggest difference remained that humans didn't kill for food or survival like animals did. They killed because they had granted themselves the rights to do so. They had turned their backs to living in harmony with Gaia, placing them above the natural cycle even though they were just as much part of it. 'Human' was an animal just like any other, but one that refused to see itself as such. To hear the komodo then confirm that train of thought with her own words - shinobi being just a pretty title for being exactly the same thing as they condemned - only bolstered her confidence. Yes. The difference was, humans had a whole village to back them in their state of arrogance and their believe they were no part of Nature.

But what did it matter what humans were? Airi believed them to be animals, society rejected that thought. It mattered little in the end, as she was still living with her parents, peer pressured to train and fight for the Village. While the thought of leaving her affiliation wasn't something Airi had thought about, she often wondered if she'd ever have the spine to really step up and stand up for Nature - and bear the consequences of what this could mean. A life as a hermit, away from civilisation, to live in harmony with nature. Was this the only other option? Maybe the komodo would know.

"I may not be a kid, but I'd be a fool to underestimate your deadly prowess. I could beat a wolf, maybe handle a pack of them. I might outsmart a bear and I took down a group of giant boars. Wounds... I know how to heal and apply bandages enough to survive the road back home, but a komodo? I'm not sure if there's a plant strong enough to keep your infections at bay. Even if I'd succeed in taking down a komodo, one bite seems to make death an inevitable path. So yes, naturally you scare me. Your presence is hair raising."

But despite that, here she was, talking to the komodo with the strength of will the Senju were known for. Even in the face of danger, even if she'd be trembling on her knees, she'd refuse to back away because of that. Perhaps this was part of the reason why the komodo intrigued her: the danger it imposed, the awareness of having control over her own fear. Or maybe it was because facing such a dangerous animal was with felt like being closer to Gaia's true nature - not only beautiful, but also extremely dangerous. Every day a day of survival.
As such, Airi wasn't sure why the komodo wanted her to remain alive, though. To make such a statement sounded like a complete opposite to what the komodo stood for. This feeling was further emphasised when she brushed up against Daremo and seemingly hurt him in doing so. Then she stated to gain insight in senjutsu, Daremo needed to die. Two things that piqued her curiosity. Was this komodo related to a Sage Animal, or however such mentorship went? And... how could death possibly teach senjutsu, as dead people couldn't make use of ... anything?

The conversation came to an abrupt end as Daremo agreed to his desire to learn senjutsu and opted to divert the conversation back to its origins, the teaching of medicine. For whatever reasons after the conversation, even the komodo decided it might be of interest to hang around and watch her 'hatchling' teach before he died. She was rather morbid, if anything.

"I doubt the dead can make use of senjutsu but I'm sure it's a more entertaining thought than being ruled to stick around a Village.", her gaze shifted to that of Daremo, who seemed to expect the medicine training to go on. She guessed that, if he truly wanted to die for the sake of senjutsu, the medicinal knowledge would do him little. As she had stated, she knew of no herb powerful enough to oppose a komodo's infections. She wasn't even sure if medical jutsu could do that.

"To be fair, I might require some time to consider if I'm willing to continue teaching. If you aim to die, I doubt it will do you much good to learn medicine, but at the same time, there's plenty of herbs I can't teach you unless I am allowed to travel about. More than half of grandfather's journals speak of herbs not native to Konoha, which means you'd be taught less than half of herbal medicine from staying in Konohagakure.", Airi allowed her words to sink in. She wanted to see the world, embrace and experience life in the wilds without the protection of the Village, but she couldn't deny that Daremo and the komodo formed an intriguing pair. "So perhaps if we could convince the Hokage of your intentions, we could travel together. I'd see the world, and you'll be able to learn the full extend of herbalism."

But the question remained: why would anyone be willing to die for senjutsu?

wc 892 + 5325
= 6217

((Airi might have misunderstood what the komodo was talking about :P ))

Daremo

S-rank
She had to give it to this budding herbalist. Even when faced with her terrifying presence, she didn't back down from her, even though she admitted to being afraid. The hatchling had guts, that much is certain. She knew not to cower away from what she feared; the Komodo could respect that. "Good.", her cold reptilian eyes peered unblinkingly into Airi's "It is good you have fears and recognize them. I find many of your kind lack suck which leads to an early grave." How many humans she personally killed or watched being killed because of they apparent lack any fears? She can't fathom the number nor did she care to think about it, "Remember, fear is a survive tool all animals, include you, possess or need to possess. It is a fundamental tool given to all life. It enables animals to survive and possibly thrive. The moment you cease having fears is the moment you cease to exist in the eyes of the planet." She wasn't going to ask the herbalist if she understood for it matter, not to her. She had parted with some advice which is more than she ever for anyone else . . . with a few exceptions.

She noted the curious stare giving towards her and her charge when the latter showed signs of pain from being brushed up against. Only those with Senjutsu training could decipher what occurred doing the seemingly innocent gesture. She, like many of her kind, has a unique way of utilizing ambient chakra that sets them apart from the rest.  Similar to her kind's notorious bites which infect the given wound, she is capable of doing something similar by simply brushing up against her charge. There is also the fact, hidden underneath Daremo's shirt, is a wound inflicted, by her, that constantly forces ambient chakra into his system. With the sensation varying from pin prickling to having molten lava running through one's veins. Said wound becomes more active whenever she is within close proximity, and the pain felt increased whenever she brushes up against him.

If the herbalist had any questions, she wouldn't get a chance to ask them with Daremo mentioning needing to teach her medical ninjutsu, if she still wanted to learn it. The prospect of watching him teach another didn't interest her much, yet, she would stay if only to mess with her hatchling. So, with that in mind, she moved further way and got comfortable on the ground.

"I used to be ruled by a village." Daremo mused to himself and briefly thought back to his birthplace. He missed it, if only because of the people who he didn't betray or turn his back on. "The dead can't, but I'm not planning on staying dead for long," he spoke. He didn't bother in elaborating on the comment. While the possibility of him dying was extremely high. Pieces and people were being moved into place to prevent certain a thing for happening.

Some might have felt offended that their offer was being taken into consideration, and not immediately accepted. Daremo, however, didn't feel offended at all. In his opinion, Airi was making the correct decision when taking things into consideration. "Before we embark this journey, there are a couple of things I need to tie up. Plus, I need to either tell the hospital to find my replacement or that I will be needing time off for awhile. Of course, this is all assuming the Hokage allows us to go."

Inuzuka Kenta is someone he hasn't met before, only knew what the rumors said about the powerful Inuzuka leader. So, he wasn't entirely sure if the man would allow one of his promising shinobi to travel with a wanderer. Glancing at the sky and noting the position of the sun, Daremo realized his shift at the hospital would be starting soon, "I hate to cut this short, but, my shift at the main hospital will soon be starting, and it would be unprofessional for me to arrive late.", he spoke, "However, I thank you for everything you have taught me, and looking forward to traveling with you in order to learn more." Truthfully, he did look forward to learning more from the budding herbalist in hopes to incorporate the knowledge into something he can use. "If the trip is approved I'm usually found working at the hospital. If not, a staff member can direct you to my place of living." With that said, and if nothing else was said, Daremo and his companion would leave Airi to her activities, but not before bidding her a "Good day."

[Exit]

785[6783]
Unspent WC: 6783
Training Suiton to D-rank: 1500/1500
Training Suiton from D -> S-rank: 5283/10500
Training Total: 6783
Unused Wc: 0

((OOC: Figure this would be a good place to end our thread for now.))

Last edited by Daremo on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
"I'm aware of fear's utility in survival", Airi replied to the komodo. "If anything, there's a lot more than just herbalism I picked up from observing nature. And the more I do so, the more I've come to respect the fauna and flora us humans have come to consider inferior. We generally have grown arrogant and drunk on our intellectual versatility... and have lost connection with mundane beauty and primal power for it."

She sighed, her eyes somewhat glazing over as her words disturbed some of her deeper thoughts. Thoughts that didn't bother to surface even in her own mind, even. Blinking as she returned to reality, she heard Daremo's statement on how he would not remain dead for long. She lifted an eyebrow at that, not sure if it was because she highly doubted such a bold statement could ever be true or the fact 'returning from the dead' sounded rather counter-natural to the Cycle. Even though she guessed the words were nothing more but bravura, a part of her vehemently wanted to deny him from returning back to life. Her rational mind told her such a thing was simply not possible, however, and she left it for it was.

Daremo then told her he'd need a few days of preparation. Even if Airi had yet to make a decision, it seemed the iryo-nin was already prepared to have her as a travelling companion, to see the world, learn about herbs. And hearing how he'd require to speak to a few people at the hospital to get some things arranged, she realised she too would have to do so. Her parents and the Hokage were two of those, at least. Then she had to consider that she'd have to throw in a few quick training sessions as well as being away from the Village put her into more risk - dangers she had to be prepared for just as much. Perhaps, for a first time, she actually would have an incentive to train. Perhaps.

Hearing Daremo thank her, she smiled and forgave his distrust just a little. Not enough to forget it, but at least his genuine gratitude softened the blow a little. She nodded and thanked him in return for his explanation on medical jutsu. If anything, even if their encounter at the end had gained an uncomfortable twist with the arrival of the komodo, her having learned a few new things felt like she had grown.

"I'll see you later, then, even if only to see if you have been using healing herbs just yet.", she said with a sparkle of amusement. And as Daremo left, Airi watched him and the komodo go, mulling over the event of the encounter before she continued picking the herbs she required still. Only then would she return home.

[Exit]

479 + 6217
= 6696 wc

Traning:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.