You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
Invited: Shippo

Sunday. A day to relax, to lazy about. Usually. The sun stood high, spreading its warmth over the Village and the various rice and flower fields, and a soft playful breeze passed by once in a while. All in all, a great day to be outside.

At one of those fields, one with sunflowers, Airi was sitting on the fence that protected the fields from most wild animals, humming to herself as she eyed the passing people across the road. She had been helping out the owner by watering the plants and taking out the weeds, and the traces of her labour were still visible somewhat on her hands. An earthen brown disrupted the otherwise unblemished colour of her fawn skin, and her white dress had a few smudged stains. Swaying her legs back and forth with a care-free air, it was obvious she didn't mind that at all.

With a small sunflower in the grass green hair that covered most of her Konoha headband, she was now leisurely eating a few sunflower seeds as her eyes occasionally scanned the area for a familiar face. She wondered if she'd see someone, since it was Sunday, and already muttered something about people being crazy not to go out with such a nice weather. Granted, Airi wasn't exactly one to pick as an example since she was out most of the time no matter the weather, but of all the days...? Now was certainly not a good time to stay inside.

wc: 253

((Sorry for low wc. Still fleshing her out a little))

Shippo

Shippo

D-rank
Shippo smiled as he and Tsume were moving about the lanes wandering through fields and patches of great growing flowers. He was enjoying the beautiful day that was this Sunday and he was sure that his partner was enjoying it as well. The pair had done a lot of hard work as of late, and so they were deserving of a good long rest. Which they took full advantage of, on this most beautiful sunny day. The pair walked calmly side by side as they did they happened to be wandering by a large field of sunflowers protected from the pests as best it could be. Shippo with a smile leaned forward against the wall looking over the beauty of the flowers as if they were his own. He did have a great fondness of flowers, and for beautiful things of their like, but he rarely had the chance to stop and give them real consideration. Yet, Tsume was not so easily distracted instead he looked over to see the girl sitting on the fence a bit further down than they were standing right now. He gave Shippo a signal growl to show that he saw something and this caused the young Inuzuka to look quickly to where his partner was gazing.

Sure, enough there was a beautiful girl with a sunflower in her grass green hair sitting on the barrier a bit of a ways down the fence. He smiled and slowly leaned away from the fence moving towards the girl calling out in a friendly tone “Why hello there, it is good to see another out here enjoying this beautiful day. Pardon me if I startle you, my name is Shippo Inuzuka, and this is my Partner Tsume. What’s your name? Are you the one who owns this beautiful sunflower field? Or perhaps it is your father’s field?” he asked in a very curious, but rapid fire fashion as he made his approach.

WC: 325

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
Nibbling on a sunflower seed, she saw a guy about her age and a wolfdog approach. Just like he looked at her with fixed interest, his intentions clear to meet her, her eyes ran the both of them down to see who or what exactly was coming over.

The guy had a carefree attitude, and his clothes seemed casual and comfortable just as much. His auburn hair framed his face well, and the markings on his cheek told her he was from the Inuzuka clan of Konoha. Friendly folk, thus, and a clan she could appreciate if only for their bond with animals, something she often felt a bit envious about. Unlike her, he seemed a bit dressed more warmly, if not better protected, which was almost a full opposite of her wearing just her dress and not even bothering with footwear at all.

As he arrived, he greeted her all casually without a hint of shyness or insecurity, showering her with a bunch of questions all at once. Airi smiled back at him, frowning slightly at his eagerness and curiosity.

"Heeey, Brother.", she greeted him and slid off the fence. She dusted off her dress, stroking it some as she made sure it wasn't in any sort of inappropriate condition, and walked over to give him a hug. Even if she didn't know him, he was a Konoha-nin and that was good enough to her. "Inuzuka, huh? I noticed your markings. I'm Airi, Senju clan, should you wonder."

Letting go off Shippo, she faced the wolfdog and crouched, stretching out and showing him the back of her hand so he could take his time to assess her scent - a sign she meant no harm. She wasn't so much knowledgeable about animals as she was about plants, but this was one of the things she did know. Dogs and cats usually appreciated a gesture of good faith as this. Hopefully Tsume wouldn't be the exception that preferred biting before sniffing.

"Hey, Tsume. You look healthy, I like that.", she greeted the wolfdog with a hint of amusement, before raising back up and answering Shippo's questions with a giggle, "No, I'm not the owner. I'm sorry. It's not even my family's. I just helped out the owner a little since I was bored and they could use the help. What brings you here? Not hiding from the sun like most others?"

Airi tilted her head a little in curiosity, resting one hand on her hip as she put another sunflower seed into her mouth.

wc 446 + 253
= 699

Shippo

Shippo

D-rank
As Shippo approached her she also made her way towards him what surprised her was the fact that she called him brother and hugged him. He wasn’t expecting such a warm welcome from anyone who was not of his family or clan, but he wasn’t upset by it in the least, in fact he was happy to receive such a friendly and warm hearted gesture. He hugged her right back showing he felt the same comradery as her. When she said that she was of the founding clan of the Hidden Leaf however his eyes went wide with shock and admiration. True the Current Hokage was of his clan, but the first two kage along with the fifth hokage were all of Senju blood if he recalled correctly. He smiled wider as they parted “Ah, well It’s wonderful to meet you Airi.”

He watched as she introduced herself to Tsume. Part of him twitched in anger at hearing her be so happy that he was healthy as if she expected another outcome or thought there was a chance at something worse. Shippo was an Inuzuka, and his ninken partner was just as important to him as his own mother. Tsume on the other hand made a polite sniff of her hands tilting his head side to side as he did so in order to make sure he understood her scent and could recognize it. Giving her hands one lick a piece he moved to stand next to Shippo sitting down to watch her and his partner.

Now Shippo heard her response and looked back out over the sunflower field with a soft smile on his lips “Oh no, I am not hiding from the sun today, it is too beautiful to do that. However, Tsume and I have worked very hard as of late, and we need a rest. So why not enjoy this wonderful day while we can. We just decided to take a walk, Tsume and I don’t take walks like we used to. Would you care to join us?” he asked her looking very cheerful as he turned back to look at her.

WC: 356
Total: 356 + 325 = 681

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
Giggling at Tsume's lick, she rubbed his head affectionately and listened to Shippo's request as the wolfdog returned to sit with Shippo. A walk? She did like to walk with such fine weather. With a pensive look at the skies and the position of the sun, she finished the sunflower seed in her mouth. There was plenty of time, and she didn't really have much else to do anyway.

"Sure, Brother. What route did you have in mind?", she asked, popping another sunflower seed in her mouth before offering some to Shippo. It didn't really matter where they'd go to, but she did favour forests and gardens more than anything else. To be in touch with nature and enjoy its bounties was the greatest joy there was.

After Shippo's decision on the sunflower seeds and his reply to the route, Airi linked arms with Shippo with a confidence and lack of shyness rarely seen in girls of her age, and walked along to wherever he guided her. It was nice to have some company, get to know people, have some fun and share dreams, and if she could share her love for nature with others, then even better.

"So you worked hard, huh? What have you two been up to?", she asked Shippo as they walked. She assumed the two had been training combat or jutsu or anything in that sort as guys their age quite liked to become strong. Or become the next Hokage. The Will of Fire was generally strong in all of the shinobi here, but it most often seemed to inspire people to surpass previous generations. Or perhaps that was just her imagination.

wc: 283 + 699
= 982

Shippo

Shippo

D-rank
Shippo seemed to think about the question about what Route he would take. After all, he had no kind of plan in that direction. He was just walking down the road and finding whatever life would happen to put in his way. Still, there was nothing more than he really could understand, but he cleared his throat slowly “Well, I was just planning to walk down the road until something more important, pressing, or nothing at all walked into my path. I honestly didn’t have much of a plan. After all, this was just a lovely day off that I was going to take advantage of with my Tsume. I don’t do enough just walking, talking, and thinking. Tsume is great company, but I’m afraid I don’t get to interact near as much with my fellow shinobi as I would like. If you would like to come with me however, then I would be truly delighted of your company.” He said softly with a smile that only grew as she offered him sunflower seeds and he took a few popping them into his mouth chewing away as he did so spitting out the shells of the seeds so he could swallow down the little morsel they hid.

As they walked and she linked arms with him. This made him blush ever so slightly and Tsume walked beside his partner as quietly as a shadow, but his eyes were everywhere and he didn’t bother to pay much attention to them all in all. He was far too engaged with the road and the creatures on the edges of it, but being a ninken he had discipline and would not leave Shippo. He didn’t mind this girl that was with him, but he didn’t trust her either so he was sure not to leave them alone.

Shippo on the other hand engaged with the question and smiled “Well, Tsume and I have been training as hard as we could. We have also done a few jobs to help the village. After today, my mother plans to take me and Tsume onto a hunt. The hunt will help the village of that she has made me clear, but she is still nervous about taking us out onto the hunt. I am her only child after all, and when I was younger well…you’d think I was a very tiny runt who could barely scratch paper let alone grow up into a shinobi. Still, she has to take me because she well knows that I am getting stronger. It will be tough, but it will be a lot of fun.” Blushing he shook his head slowly looking to her now “Oh, my apologies for being so talkative. It is rather boring. At any rate, what have you been up to, I don’t recall seeing you around in my class, are you older or younger than I?”

WC: 481 + 681 = 1,162

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
As they walked together to wherever the path lead them, Airi listened to what Shippo had to say. A hunt. She wondered what sort of hunt she'd have to imagine. Did he mean a real hunt? As in, one with bows and weapons where they ran behind an animal to take it down? Or was it more like some sort of a mission where they hunted a lost pet, or maybe some younger rebelling genin? She could only wonder.

Still, hearing her mother care so much for him made her smile. It was good to have loving parents like she did, and at least he seemed aware of his mother's affection. She knew not everyone was keen to realising that, but... puberty tended to hit everyone differently. Everyone but her? It quite often seemed like that. She hadn't stopped smiling, at least. And her parents hadn't grown more annoyed either. So all was fine, and Airi smiled.

When Shippo asked for her age, she gave him the typical girl's wordless expression of, "You shouldn't ask a girl her age?", but she answered nonetheless. Sometimes things like this were just stronger than herself, even if she could care less if people knew her age or not.

"I'm fourteen, Brother, born in October. No idea if that's younger or older?"

She still had that youthful babyface, something part of her wanted to get rid of. She wanted to grow in body and mind, even though she knew there was no rushing Mother Gaia's work. Or time, for that matter.

"But as for class...", she giggled. "I'm not the best of examples, really. I skipped as much as I could to go run in the forest. My parents and my sensei scolded me for it, but I guess I'm a little too much of a Senju to sit sweetly in a building if I can greet my brothers and sisters in nature."

Well, at least her parents could understand. They didn't really enforce her going to school since her father had been somewhat similar in behaviour. However, her sensei were less amused and as such she had gratuated genin exams with a rather lower score, something she suffered the consequences from now as the others were generally better trained than she was. She had to train much harder now, but she still didn't really feel like doing so even if she understood it was a necessity for her to finish missions successfully.

"I bet you were a hard-working example?", she asked him. She could see Shippo be more motivated and driven than she was, at least, hearing from what he had been telling her so far. He quite looked the sort to enjoy hard training just as much as having a casual stroll, much like she usually did with her herbalism. Shinobi training wasn't exactly... herbalism.

wc 488 + 982
= 1470

Last edited by Senju Airi on Thu May 18, 2017 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minor edits - profle was updated)

Shippo

Shippo

D-rank
He smiled as he walked arm in arm with her and when she answered his question he thought a moment and shrugged his shoulders lightly “Well, I think I am older, but honestly it makes no nevermind. After all, we are the same years of age, and I have been told once or twice that years is all that matters. Still, it is good to know that we are of an age together.” He laughed softly as he heard the little bit about how little she attended classes and school in general. He knew well how this was with some of his classmates, but he himself wasn’t.

Her bringing up that he must be a hard-working example he blushed and looked down at Tsume who looked up to meet his gaze. His eyes seemed to tell Shippo that it was okay so he didn’t need to worry about anything. Shippo nodded his head laughing slightly nervously “W-well, yes, I guess I was. I had a good reason to be though. I had so much to catch up on…I didn’t get much training when I was younger unlike most others who go through the academy.” His voice was a shy sounding thing and Tsume gave a soft yip of support. Only then did he continue “You see, when I was younger I was sickly. My mother and father didn’t think they could have children and it was terrifying for my mother having to do that alone after my father died. When I was born, it would’ve been a safe and proper thing to call me a runt, but unlike dogs when they are born the Inuzuka don’t let the runts die by their stronger siblings, or the elements. Instead they try to help raise the runt up stronger than before. So, you see, I had to be a better student than the rest of my classmates or I wouldn’t be a ninja now. If I wasn’t a shinobi then I don’t know what I would have become.”

Now with his story finished he cleared his throat again and looked up at the sky with a smile “That’s why the hunt has me so excited and so nervous. My mother and her pack is coming with Tsume and me, to watch us, judge us, and see how far we both have come.” He finished before he looked to her “Sorry, I was ranting about myself, that’s very rude. I can understand that someone so connected with Nature would have such a hard time in a building like the ninja academy so often and for so long.”

WC: 434
Total: 434 + 1,162 = 1,596

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
Airi listened to the surprising revelation of Shippo's past. About his sickly birth, his parents' fear and how he had to work hard to best those of healthier body. Life was a cruel teacher and people, despite all what they often wishes to believe in, were certainly not better than animals. Much like the fauna in nature, you had animals with a big heart and those who simply watched the strong survive without so much a paw of help.

"I'm sorry to hear that.", she said as he finished his tale. "But look at the bright side of things. You have a story to tell. You've grown equal in power despite your set-back, and therefore I believe you'll do fine in the hunt."

With her mokuton chakra, she created a small budding flower and tucked it into one of his pockets. It was a small flower, not larger than a lily and barely opened yet but it brimmed with the Yang energy typical to the chakra of the Senju.

"Keep this. You have your mother and your trusted companion Tsume, but should you ever doubt yourself during the hunt, remember then that there are others too believing in you."

Shippo apologised for his rant, but Airi waved it away with a smile. Even if it was kind of him, she didn't feel like she was deserving of pity for this. It had been her own decision and she was more than ready to deal with the consequences of scolding and extra training. She had always winged it, and now she had to work double as hard to become a chuunin. Something Shippo, at least, would not need to worry about.

In the end, this was Konohagakure. Even if the people often forgot, deep in the heart everyone knew a single tree didn't make a forest. Similarly, one shinobi didn't make a Village. They all stood together, with or without words, driven by the same Flame and the same purpose. And sometimes, a smile, a flower or a pat of the back was all that was required to remind them that they were not alone in the difficult world of the shinobi.

wc 369 + 1470
= 1839

Shippo

Shippo

D-rank
Shippo smiled wantonly shaking his head slowly as he walked with this girl “True I have a story to tell, but I am nowhere near equal to anyone. I haven’t learned to perform Ninjutsu properly. Oh, sure I can perform the simple things they teach at the academy, I can perform the jutsu of my clan, and Taijutsu I have in plenty. Still, a shinobi without Ninjutsu will be seriously hampered in comparison to the others of his kind. Hopefully when I reach Chuunin, maybe even Jounin I’ll be able to perform Ninjutsu, but only time will be able to tell me if all my training shall be enough to grant this to me.” He finished sadly looking to his companion who was trotting along next to him looking up at the sad tone of his partner’s voice. There was nothing that could be said between them, but they understood each other.

The girl’s speaking caught his attention again and he watched as she put the flower into his pocket. He wasn’t sure where it had come from, but that was of no real concern to him. Her words were far more important and he could only tremble slightly as he nodded his head slowly tears threatening his eyes, but he would not let them fall “Yes, of course. Thank you for your belief and faith. I shall remember that I am not alone and that there are many who want to see me succeed. I only hope that I am able to live up to their hope.” He looked at her with a smile nodding his head “I am sure that you will grow to be a fine shinobi yourself. If it isn’t too bold of me to say, being a great shinobi is in your blood. After all, Senju is the oldest clan of our village. I have always held a belief that those of the great clans are born to rise to greatness.” He blushes softly as he scratches his other cheek “This includes Inuzuka. After all, one of mine is Hokage, if someone from our clans can rise so high, what’s there to say that we can’t rise just as high as anyone else?” he asked with a nervous chuckle in his voice.

Tsume bounded ahead suddenly chasing after a bird that had landed nearby only to have it fly away out of his reach. He gave a soft yip of challenge to its retreating form before he slowly turned and made his way back to the pair falling into step once more with Shippo. The Inuzuka looked down at his pup with a soft shake of his head “You know, sometimes I think he wishes he could fly. He always chases after birds and looks at them so sorrowfully as they fly away. Truly, it is a sad thing to see, but I understand his desire. I too wish I could fly sometimes.”

WC: 488
Total: 488 + 1,596 = 2,084

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
Airi smiled when she heard Shippo state he wouldn't forget about the people around him. It was a good thing to do so, as many people often forgot they were not alone in the world. Acquaintances, friends, family. Even if some didn't see eye to eye, their goals could be just the same.

When he mentioned the great clans of Konoha, she couldn't help but smile again. However, unlike many out there, she didn't believe greatness was achieved just by being in a great clan. If anything, the Senju were mostly of the idea that they would never have been at their current position without the help of others. It was not one person that had made the clan great. It were many.

"We wouldn't be such a great clan without the help of others. Without the faith of others, 'Senju' is nothing more than a name like any other. It's because other people believe in us, give our name its meaning, that we can grow to become such a strong branch of Konohagakure.", she mused. One tree didn't make a forest. One flower didn't form a flowerbed. To achieve everything alone, though possible, was a slow and tedious path to walk that had lead many to their downfall rather than their ascendance.

She watched how Tsume chased a bird and failed to capture it. Unlike cats, the wolfdog wasn't shaped by Gaia to be a stealthy hunter. He was meant to be a companion, part of a pack. He, too, was not a loner in search to find his own glory, but an important part of a small team hoping to achieve its goals.

She giggled when she heard Shippo speaking about Tsume wishing to fly and wondered if there wasn't, somewhere, a family of flying dogs. There had been stories about the pegasii, after all, so perhaps there were stories of winged dogs as well.

"I think one could fly with the help of chakra. I'm not sure how it works, but I'm fairly certain it could work. Maybe you could try to create wings for you and your partner some day and make your dreams come true?"

Birds were lovely, but those were meant to fly. She, as a human, wasn't and therefore she didn't feel too keen on flight herself. She preferred having her feet on the ground. In many ways.

wc 409 + 1839
= 2248

Shippo

Shippo

D-rank
Shippo seemed to be mulling over what the girl had said about her clan. The fact that they couldn’t obtain such success without the faith of others. This made him think about what he knew of Konoha history and saw that it was true. The Senju gathered a few other clans including a clan that had once been their greatest rivals, the Uchiha in order to found the village hidden in the leaves. This was well known and sure enough it was the faith and aid of another clan that gave the Senju the means to make their leaders’ dream come true. He nodded his head slowly after a moment and smiled “Yeah, I suppose your right, but it doesn’t hurt to have a family that has paved the way for success for you. I know those who have no powerful clan like Senju, Uchiha, or Inuzuka. Yet, they have faith in themselves that they can rise to the occasion, and grow in power. Though I do suppose that they also have the faith of those that love them.” He shrugged his shoulders as he watched his partner “Yet, all this deep thinking is far beyond what I can understand. I’m more like my partner than you’d think. I tend to try and keep my mind on things in the simple path of life. More akin to running on instincts than thoughts.”

As she mentioned that he could try to make wings for him and Tsume so they could fly he couldn’t help but smile and look contemplative as he tilted his head one way and then another. After a moment, he spoke softly “Maybe I will. Maybe one day I can give Tsume the gift of flight that he seems to want.” He was going to say more but Tsume stopped dead in his tracks his ears pricking up for a moment. After he listened for a minute he looked to Tsume giving a few short barks. Shippo looked to Airi blushing “Oh, um, I’m sorry, but it seems that Tsume and I are being called. It’s my mother and it’s most likely the hunt. I’m sorry to leave you so suddenly.” He gently pulled away kissing the back of her hand bowing in the process “I am grateful for your company today. I hope to see you again soon, and perhaps when I do you’ll see how far I have come. See you later.” He let go and dropped to all fours running towards the sound that Tsume had heard. Tsume looked to Airi bowing his own head in turn before taking off after his partner.
[Exit Thread]
WC: 438
Total: 438 + 2,084 = 2,522

Training
Perception D to D-2 : 725 words, 75 Ryo
Words: 2,522 – 725= 1,797 words Remaining

Senju Airi

Senju Airi

D-rank
The conversation went smoothly until Tsune suddenly stopped in his track, listening in to a sound Airi couldn't hear. She wondered what the dog had heard that attracted his attention so. A whole minute passed as both seemingly waited for the dog to finish listening, upon which he barked at Shippo. It had to be a message of sorts, but even if Airi tried to listen herself, she caught nothing. A dogs' hearing was such a sharp instrument.

Shippo then translated Tsume's barking, clarifying that his mother had called them for the great hunt. He apologised with a blush, kissed her hand and ran to meet the gathering of his family. Airi rested her hand in her thigh, tilting her head somewhat. As the two of them ran, she waved them goodbye and yelled, "Good luck!", hoping they'd still have heard it.

Alone on the road now with the sun still high, Airi decided it wouldn't be a bad idea to finish this road. If she recalled well, it ended not too far from the Village's forest where there was a large clearing surrounded by trees and filled with a bed of wildflowers. Perhaps she'd lay down in there, enjoying their scent while feeling the sun tingle her skin, so she could dream the day away before she had to return home herself. To her idea, being in a forest no matter the reason, was always a good idea. Airi would probably live in a forest if her parents only allowed her to.

[Exit]

wc 259 + 2248
= 2507
Training:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.