You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kuno

Kuno

D-rank
Kuno Uchiha could hardly believe his eyes when he opened the scroll that he found in his personal mail slot in the administration building of the Village Hidden in the Sands. It was sealed with the symbol of the Kazekage, and as Kuno broke the seal to read its contents, he prayed that he had not accidentally opened something that was not his. He knew that the ANBU of the vllage would have to kill him if he read something that he was not supposed to, so as he opened it, he involuntarily held his breath. It was let out in a rush as he skimmed the note, fining it to be addressed to him. It read:

Kuno Uchiha, Genin of Sunagakure no Sato,
You have been tasked by the Kazekage and the administration of this office to represent the Genin of the Village Hidden in the Sands in an official test from the Capital City of the Land of Wind. An official from the Capital has travelled here in order to assess our Genin in a test of martial prowess to be carried out in the form of non-lethal one on one combat in the Sandy Arena. You are to report there at fourteen hundred hours to complete this task. Whether you defeat the man or are bested in combat, you will be compensated for your time and any hospital fees that may apply.
When Completing this mission, remember that you represent our village in this, and that regardless of the outcome, you should be respectful and courteous to the guest. That being said, take this combat seriously, and do your best to represent your peers well.
Good luck,
Kazekage Midori Ningyou & Administration Staff

Kuno gawked at the paper in his hands, taking in the full meaning of this mission. He one the one they had chosen, out of all of the other Genin, to represent the village in this endeavour. It was a tremendous responsibility, and he was determined to make his Kazekage and the entirety of Sunagakure no Sato proud. Perhaps this is even a way to show that I can an Uchiha for this village. I can show them that I care and that I will always be around do defend them. Besides, how strong can some city official be? Slowly rolling up the scroll and beaming with a newly found confidence, he checked the time on the wall, which gave him two hours until the fight was to commence. Wasting no time, the young Uchiha strode off toward the Sandy Arena, and began to mentally prepare himself for what was to come.

Arriving at the Sandy Arena, Kuno expected to be greeted by a host of people awaiting this spectacular match that was to occur. As he stepped through the gateway and into the arena proper, he was surprised and disappointed to see nobody waiting to watch the match except for a single man standing in the center of the circular sand pit. He was tall and had tan skin that was common among people in the Land of Wind. His hair was long and black, pulled into a ponytail that made its way halfway down his back. He also sported a neatly trimmed goatee and mustache that was flecked with some grey, but not enough to be a defining feature. He wore only a traditional looking green and white gi that revealed a bare chest underneath, which Kuno could see was muscular. The stranger nodded toward the young Uchiha as he approached, calling out to him. “So, you must be the Genin from this village that as been assigned to my task. My name is Deno, and I am the man you will be fighting today.” Kuno nodded slowly, removing his jacket and setting it on a bench that was nearby. “Well met sir, I am Kuno Uchiha. Do I have permission to use my blade for this fight? I feel it will provide a better representation of my abilities if I can.” The man nodded back to him and, maintaining a stony stare that began to make Kuno slightly uncomfortable. “Of course my boy. I doubt you’ll be able to hot me with it anyway.” He chuckled, and Kuno felt his anger flare up. Well, if he’s so great I guess he won’t mind a quick start.

Unsheathing his miao dao from his hip, Kuno turned to face his opponent and grinned. “Well then, let’s get started!” He shouted as be dashed forward as quick as he could, swinging up and across from is lower left to the upper right, attempting to force the man to block and open himself up, or take the slash to the chest. But suddenly, the man was not there. The swing had gone through and did not connect with anything as Deno had merely stepped out of the way, now leaving Kuno open and venerable to attack, but none came. Lashing out, Kuno planted his foot and spun, unleashing a torrent of attacks with is blade in his right hand, as well as his left fist. Each attach was easily sidestepped by the man or deflected with an open palm, and with each missed blow, Kuno only grew angrier. In a last ditch attempt to open up the man’s defences, he sprung forward, planning his left palm on the ground and spinning, trying to connect with either foot before bending at the elbow and launching himself into an upward spinning slash. Just as he was sure he had caught the man with his sword, he realized that the only thing he had managed to hit was Deno’s robe. His eyes went wide as he hung in the air for what seemed like an eternity. He braced for the impact that he knew would come, but when it did, he never could have anticipated the pain.

The stranger punched him but once, and sent him flying back 10 metres into the sand and dirt, is sword flying out of his hand in the process and at least three of his ribs cracking upon impact. As he raised himself up slowly, the man spoke out once again. “Well, that was rather enlightening. It seems that the Village Hidden in the Sands is a hotbed for hot heads.” He chuckled at his own joke, turning around and walking away. “I’ll be here all week, come back and fight me when you’ve managed to grow up kid.” And with that, he left the arena. Standing up, he looked around, glad that nobody had witnessed that. Shuffling over to his sword, he picked it up and stowed it before heading over to the hospital, and eventually to get paid for the defeat.

WC:1129
Mission Complete! (1000/1000)
Unused WC:129

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.