You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A day of Revival(Lin/Social/Training/NK) Empty A day of Revival(Lin/Social/Training/NK) Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:49 pm

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
"And how would you and your friend like their steak today sir?", the waitress spoke to Zetsume and Repede in a friendly manner. These areas knew Zetsume well as the food here was amazing and he and his dog Repede ate here often. The waitress always enjoyed serving these two, either because they never complained or acted snobby, or perhaps that he always tipped more than was necessary. Zetsume knew the waitress had a family she was trying to feed and if he happened to visit while she was there, he would over tip by nearly twice his bill. Sometimes she would try to give the money back, but Zetsume would never take it back. He would even go so far as to lay the money down and say if she does not pick it up, it is for free reign of anyone that walks by to get it. After Zetsume ordered he sat there looking around the shop at the individuals that were in it. Some were fellow shinobi like he was, but most were just common civilians enjoying this day. Tourists come here for the spas, sights, and small items to show that they have been there. Living here, it was different for him as it was common around here. Zetsume had never left the village to experience what these other people are feeling. A part of him wished he could see the world, while the other part worries about his village too much. Zetsume had grown his entire life here without seeing anything in the world and what it has to offer. A small reflection of his past swooned over him, but passed the moment the waitress came back. As always she was a delight before walking away after placing their food down and told them that if anything was needed to just ask. Of course, all was well as the two began to feast. Like most good times in the world, they can go awry in just but a moment.

From the corner of his eye, Zetsume saw a some what larger man get aggressive with Zetsume's waitress. She was not accepting of it and swatted his hand away which caused the man to get more aggressive. It was not the first time Zetsume had experienced a man with larger structure, any kind of ego, and weak on the inside do this to another. It was a form of bully and it was not something the man was not good at. Clearly he scooped the area out and saw only people that appeared to be tourists who would normally turn an eye to such a thing. Growing up the way Zetsume did, to do such a thing was infuriating and only makes it worse that she was someone that was kind in the world. Clearly something had to be done before anyone got hurt, however Repede, unlike Zetsume was impulsive and worked on more emotion than reason. Zetsume would have just asked him to stop, but the dog had stronger feelings. Jumping from the table, Repede runs full sprint and head butts the man off his chair and onto the floor. Before jumping on the man growling angrily with an intensity that could be felt almost like murder.

"REPEDE!, Zetsume yelled as he held his hand up. "He is not worth it. Let him up."

Repede reluctantly got off the man and walked back to Zetsume before sitting and glaring at the man intently. Zetsume walked over to the man and held out his hand to help him up. Despite what he had done, he was like Zetsume in the fact they were both from this village. The man swatted his hand away and stood up defiantly, "Keep your dog on a leash before I have you reported."

Zetsume sighed and rubbed his temples in disdain before replying calmly as he could, "Look sir, please you do not want to do this. If you had not grabbed this lady aggressively my friend, not just a dog, did what a real human would do. You may huff and puff all you want but you will not do that ever. You see I never forget a face, I have seen you in this village before.
If you really think they will think Repede attacked you unprovoked you are insane. Now I implore you to eat in peace before someone gets hurt. This is my last warning."

The man laughed because he knew not, and went in for a swing. Zetsume sighed, as at that moment all reason seemed to have left this man. Why could he just comply, why can things not be relaxing? It would be easy for him to dodge, however if the man went in for the attack, Repede would interfere without Zetsume doing anything. Guess this is how today turns out. Zetsume thought as the man went in for the swing.

WC: 818

Lin

Lin

D-rank
Lin walked in to see a dog standing over a man growling. She sighed, wanting nothing more than to get her ordered out food and go, but it seemed as though she would have to put a stop to this. She walked over as the man that she assumed owned the dog stood over him, offering a hand. The other man swatted it away, Lin watched from a safe distance, ready to impede should the situation arise for it. She took out a needle, called a senbon, which she kept on her at all times, and held it between her fingers, flicking it in annoyance.

The man raised his hand to the other one, the owner of the dog, and lin sighed again. Well. Better to step in than let this go on. She threw the senbon at the Serascapular nerve that was between the man's shoulder and his armpit. His swing stopped mid swing as he tried to swat at the sudden pain that permeated his arm. Lin took care of that, as the swat drove the needle deeper and the man to his knees. Stepping forward, she saw him look dumbstruck at his arm, in tears. She approached the two men, "Alright, what happened here. Don't mess with that." She snapped at the man who was trying to dig out the senbon and was really weaseling it in further, "There's an artery there and you will bleed out if you move the wrong way. Now... what happened here?" She repeated herself. She just wanted some takeout.

Her eyes were stark blue, her scar hidden by her bangs over her right eye. She was wearing a scarf, a trench coat, since it was a bit chilly outside, and a long pleated skirt. Leggings underneath and sneakers made up the rest of her outfit. She blinked twice, waiting for some sort of answer from the both of them. She would remove the needle from the man's shoulder when she got the whole story.

WC: 343

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
To Zetsume's amazement, another stepped in. Faster than he could see, a senbon was deep in the man as he fell to the floor in pain. Instant fear became apparent to him. While Repede's attack left a bruise, this one was carefully placed in the man's body to cause intense pain. His painful face was full of tears as the one who placed it stepped forward. Repede went from glaring to a softer side as he was the first to notice. A lady stepped forward with a commanding presence and stood over the man warning him not to take it out. She was dressed for the day with her atire, yet still was prepared for the occasion. She must be a ninja from his village, but he had not seen her before. Zetsume could tell she had experience with combat and the body structure. Trying to defuse the situation from what it had escalated to held his hands up and spoke calmly and kindly, "Hey hey,let us not ruin such a fine day. He and I were just at a misunderstanding on how to treat a lady and he was just on his way out. Looked to me like he was just on his way out and must have stumbled. Right sir?

The sir at the end towards him was another jab at what the man had done. Despite being rude and swinging first, Zetsume would still be kind to him just because he was from his village. He was part of the reason he was fighting and killing others. Zetsume just wanted to inspire people to be better and hoped that this incident inspired the man to become better than he was before. Hope can be a fickle thing though. Zetsume spoke quickly after finishing his last sentence. "I am Zetsume, and this fellow here is Repede.", saying while giving the dog a pat on the head who was sitting with his tail wagging. "I am sorry for the trouble this might have caused.
The least I can do to make it up to you is pay for your meal."
He said while forgetting about the guy in pain for a moment. Zetsume blinked and then realized he should get help, "Think you can help him out with that problem?" pointing towards the guy on the ground.

WC:392
Total: 1210

Lin

Lin

D-rank
Lin tilted her head, and glared at the man in pain on the floor. "Right, I am going to remove the needle now.
This is going to hurt. A lot. Kudos to you if you don't pass out."
She took the tip between her fingertip and her thumb and yanked it out. She wiped it on a napkin to get rid of the blood and lymph that now covered it completely.

She made some hand seals, quickly too, and focused some teal chakra into her hands, then focused it further into her palm of her dominant, left hand. While the man was still reeling, she peeled back his hand to reveal the jagged wound. She placed her hand there, and the wound healed instantaneously, along with the pain that he was experiencing. Lin was skilled enough to do this sort of thing without permanent damage to anyone now, and she rarely used it when she didn't need to. But she didn't want the man to be eaten by the dog, or to start a fight in her restaurant. Better for her to be feared than for a ruckus to start. By this time, people were going about their normal business.

"I was getting take-out, and it seems as though this man unsettled you. It really isn't necessary for you to pay for me. I am Katonrai, Lin, Jounin." She stated, more for formality than anything. This man was a ninja based on the size of the dog that travelled with him. "That's quite the dog you have there. Repede was his name? I have a cat that he might like to play with... that is if he would refrain from licking her." She thought of Gora, her four hundred pound white panther at home. It was really fortunate to meet someone with a big pet like her own. Gora, however, wasn't allowed in restaurants or anything of the sort, and spent most of her free time roaming the countryside of Kumogakure.

WC: 690

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
A jounin?he thought as she briefly spoke of herself. Zetsume was a loner by nature, it was his clan's way. To not only be distant in combat, but also in socializing. It was their way of protecting themselves and others. Zetsume knew her skills were good, but to be Jounin level they had to be near perfect. He could perhaps use this situation to gain knowledge, or a friend. Either or Zetsume would have to swallow his anxiety for a bit and try to socialize like a normal human being. Unlike Zetsume, the lady now addressed herself by her full name, something that Zetsume never would do because he disbanded his clan's name and made up one to tell people. Few would know that he was from the Kyodara clan unless they witness his clan's trademark abilities. When Lin spoke of Repede, the dogs personality switched to an instant lover pooch. Zetsume did not like spot light situations like this, but Repede almost lives for it. He will soak up all the attention he can get and then some. Repede pranced toward her and nudged her hand in hopes of a pet. Zetsume laughed a little at the dog before replying to her in a similar respectful manner, "Careful with that one, he enjoys attention." The dog growled a little at Zetsume. "Well it is a pleasure to meet you Katonrai, Lin. While I am sure that Repede will be careful if he plays with your cat."Zetsume knew not of what kind of cat or size but assumed wrong when he thought of a simple domesticated cat. "Well,if I can not offer a free meal, how about company? I am a Jounin as well, and I do not meet many other shinobi from this village. Let me suggest Mr. Himura for your cook, he is by far the best."

Turning his head back he yelled, Aren't you the best cook around Himura-san!". "You're damn right son. was heard from the back of the kitchen followed by noises of busy hands. Zetsume walked beside Lin to speak lowly so only she could hear, "To be honest they are all amazing cooks, but if you tell them one is the best, it puts pride into that man to make it the best, and competition in the others to make it better." Zetsume went back to a normal tone, "I will wait and walk with you, if you would like." Leaning with his hands in his pockets against the wall he awaited for the lady named Lin and her reply. Hopefully he could make more friends, but could he stand losing them? The ever apparent fear of death and the loss of someone dear hits too far home to Zetsume as he felt a small burn on his scar that rested on his face. He had hoped he could learn something from a fellow jounin that may aid him, or at the very least make a new friend. Someone that was like him, killing and dying for others to live peacefully. Zetsume would always respect someone who does such a thing.

WC: 527
Total: 1737

Lin

Lin

D-rank
Lin twirled the Senbon before stowing it again, she smiled at the dog as it approached. Patting him on the head, she listened to the proposal by the other Jounin she nodded. Lin hadn't had accompaniment by anyone of her rank from her village since... well since Satoshi Kazuhiko, when they were both Genin. She had tried to go on a mission with him, but he disappeared as suddenly as she had met him. Just vanished. She walked up and waited for the cook, grabbing her order, she walked back to the man with the dog. He was apparently holding up the wall, as he was leaning against it, she approached.

"Ready when you are. So... what did you have in mind for where to go? I was going to head back to my apartment, but that seems a bit weird to do now. Perhaps the park? It is a nice enough day, just a bit cool for me, hence the scarf." She made the suggestion, not knowing really where to go. She had ordered some Lo Mein with Beef. Perhaps she could get something going like a friendship with this other Jounin, and see what his opinion on the current Raikage was.

"Unless Repede has something in mind?" She said to the dog, smiling at him and putting her hand out to greet him once more. By this time, the man that she had thrown the senbon was long gone. Not that it bothered her to straighten out a mess, and it wasn't like she left any lasting damage. But at least she hadn't thrown a senbon at the jounin, or the restaurant might have been forfeited.

WC: 977

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Repede was enjoying all the attention that he was getting from Lin, the happy dog panting and wagging his tail in approval towards Zetsume's new friend. Even though Zetsume did not particularly trust other people, he would have to put a little faith in his new friendship. Moving away from the walls he clapped his hands once before speaking happily to reply to Lin, "Well, the park is not far from here. That would be the best choice for how late in the day it has become. So long as you do not kind your food getting cold faster eating outside, let's go."While on the walk to the park a slight breeze chilled the air as few people were roaming the streets. Turning towards Lin, Zetsume decided to spark up a conversation, "So why not tell me a bit about yourself? We have never done a mission together, nor have I heard anything about you from locals. I can tell you have amazing skill and concentration, not to mention such beauty. I would even be as bold to say your skills are better than mine, haha." A compliment never hurt as he was slightly buttering up to her in hopes that it will ease her and he could learn more about her. Though deep down he knew he was not that strong and would more than likely lose to someone of his rank.

It was in his nature to ask before telling about himself. For him, it was far easier to absorb knowledge and experiences from others than express his own. He was not one that rather enjoyed talking about himself, so for the time being he would try to prod her for as much information as he can. The sky was a brilliant orange color as the sun was nearing setting. It would be another hour or two before darkness set on his village. Zetsume would use this time to get to know a fellow Jounin. Recede strode on the side with Lin and not Zetsume. The dog always did his own thing, not much care in the world unless it needed to be cared about. A trusted companion of Zetsume that was now betraying him to Lin for the time being. traitor, he thought while looking at the dog jokingly. Repede was unphased by Zetsume's glare at him. So long Lin was kind to him and Zetsume was around, he would be by her side wagging his tail in bliss.

WC: 416
Total: 2153

Lin

Lin

D-rank
Repede seemed to like the attention, so she walked along beside him, seemingly enjoying the company she would scratch him once in a while. She enjoyed animals, as they were not usually duplicitous in their dealings with people. "I uh...
I was a genin until I was 19... and then I climbed the ranks mainly due to the help that I got from my companions, some of which are dead, and some have left. I am the only one left. As for being beautiful, thank you..."
She blushed profusely,, sticking her chin to her sternum for a bit, her hair covering her eyes she tucked the left side behind her ear again as she lifted her head.

"As for being more talented than you, I don't think so, I believe that you are more talented than me by far. I am only a recently made Jounin, so I am not at all on par with my peers. To be honest, I am not sure about my status in the village at all either." She laughed nervously. She headed to the park, it would start to be illuminated by the lamps that turned on at dusk, which she thought were pretty in the dying light. She picked a bench to sit at and took out her food, it was a bit chilly out, but she didn't mind. She had ordered a bit of Lo mein to go, and it was still so hot that some of the oil was still popping. Amazing what heat the containers held for long periods of time.
"I um... are you going to eat?"

WC: 1247

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
As they walked Lin mentioned a bit about her life and how she came into rankings. To Zetsume he could tell that the absence of these individuals struck home to her. Unlike Zetsume she seemed to enjoy bonds, while he tended to stay away from them. For him, it is just second nature to be distant and he would try to be as friendly and open as she has been to him. While they spoke lights illuminated the outside as the sun was getting ready to set. A light shone a little ways away that gave a certain kind of brilliance to Lin's eyes. Repede, the traitorous pooch, sat beside Lin on the bench in the park. His tail was wagging but luckily not hitting anything or anyone, he was in a great mood. Her meal still looked fresh and brimming flavor due to the smell that it gave off. Zetsume did not even think about how odd it would be to not be eating while someone else was. Instead, he shook his head no in reply before speaking, "I ate earlier shortly before our encounter, I suppose I could just give a little detail about myself while you ate."

Zetsume looked towards the sky before speaking again, "I understand what you mean on feeling inadequate to your rank. I am not much older, and I rose through the ranks rather quickly. I did not have as much help as you did with peers, fighting the way I do, you tend to keep your distance even in social activities. Fear not, I will try to be as open as I can." He laughed a bit as he ran his hand though his hair showing the scar that ran on his face before letting his hair fall back down. He was bad at socializing, even worse when trying to impress someone of his own rank. The sun slowly set as he spoke, revealing a wondrous night sky that shone with brilliant stars. "Repede, that traitorous pooch" he said while glaring at the dog who seemed to stick his tongue out at Zetsume in defiance, "Is about the closest thing I have as a friend in this world. He has been with me through a lot of trails and hardships. Being an archer, it turned out well to have this dog as my watcher. My clan the Kyodara, we have money but I am the only ninja of renown rank, the lot of them hide behind piles of money and harsh words. They know not of the struggles and sacrifices that are made by shinobi like us."

Zetsume seemed to trail a bit as flashes of people even he has slaughtered came racing through his head. How many has he shot down now, the number seemed out of his comprehension and understanding. From a distance he fought, and should he get the surprise, Zetsume was one hell of a shot. Most of the time he never even bothered to look at their faces or bury their corpse. Unless they were once from his village, Zetsume was rather cold. However, those from his village he seemed to take it easy on no matter what. With a quick jump he stood up and spoke in a cheerful tone, "I know! How about dinner and a show. I would like to ask my wonderful dog Repede to be my assistant for this trick."

The dog looked at him and at Lin then back at him and seemed to give out a long sigh before reluctantly walking towards Zetsume. Grabbing an acorn from the ground, Zetsume placed it on the dogs head motioning the dog not to move at all before walking back a good distance. With little effort he conjured his clan's bow in his hand and drew back an arrow before aiming towards the sky and shooting it high into the air before waiting a bit. With another arrow pulled back, he waited until the two would cross before shooting. Like that his second arrow flew towards Repede going through his first shot and hit the acorn on the dogs head. Zetsume disbanded his bow before walking back towards Lin and gave a curtious bow as did Repede before the two returned to their original positions. While it was not really that cool, he had to keep his show to a minimal as this was not really a good place to fire shots. Luckily his other arrow landed in a tree before dissipating  and his first arrow his the ground. Both of them vanished without a trace, he smiled a bit before speaking in the same friendly respectful tone as he would with anyone from his village,"Nothing all that cool really. Though it comes in handy with the whole,no evidence thing ya know? All these arrows disintegrate shortly after impact. To tell you the truth, I have no aspirations to be Raikage unlike most other shinobi. That title puts too much spot light and target on a back for me to take interest, really I just wish I could get strong enough to be recognized by the Kage and be a body guard. From a distance I could protect, as a true archer should I suppose. hahaha though my power is nothing to be amazed or feared yet. Just a dream, if one such as I could have one.
What about you though, what do you want to do with your life?

WC: 912
Total: 3065

Lin

Lin

D-rank
Lin ate her meal, listening to Zetsume's story. It was sad, that he wasn’t able to get people to like him, that he had a lonely existence. But he had his dog, and she was grateful that he had that at least. She smiled as he talked about his bond with Repede. She nodded, finishing before he got up and announced that he would like to show her a trick.

“Oh?” she asked, “What trick is this?” but before she was able to ask the entire question, he was off, Repede putting an acorn on his head and Zetsume drawing his bow. Well, that was interesting, why would he willingly put Repede in danger? She understood loyalty, but if she was going to sharpshoot something, she wouldn’t put it on anything living. Perhaps it was the thrill of it, the adrenaline that she felt pumping through her veins must be magnified several hundred times with him.

She watched as he shot the two arrows, hit the acorn, and they disappeared. Well, that was fancy, to say the least! Well, what did she want to do with her life? “I honestly don’t know what I want to do with my life, I can proudly say that I want to help out people today, but that the Lin tomorrow might want something different. I want to heal people, heal the village, heal the wars. But those are aspirations the I probably will never get to fulfill. I promise that if I become Raikage, if you come to ask me again, I’ll make you one of my guards.” She giggled, “The raikage could use a bow like yours.”

WC: 1539

Zetsume Zix

Zetsume Zix

D-rank
Zetsume listened as Lin spoke of how she wanted to be the Raikage. He heard how she wanted to not just heal people but the very soul of the village and a small part of him that held respect for Lin grew larger. It was one thing to use your chakra to close wounds, it was another to use your life to heal villages. Something that Zetsume knew not of. Sure he would sacrafice himself for the village, but he knew not how to even begin to help it become something greater than it was yesterday. He felt like this Jounin could actually accomplish such a task as she spoke. He could feel the conviction and determination in her voice which was enough for him. Though, she did ask him an odd question. While he did indeed want to guard the Raikage, he never thought someone would take it seriously but it seemed like Lin did. He could see it in her eyes that she was very serious when she said a bow like his was useful. Zetsume smiled a little at that fact, almost like he was getting recognition despite how much he really did hate being complimented. Zetsume placed his hands at his side and gave it a little thought while he looked up at the night sky. The stars that had just came out from the sunset were shining ever so brilliantly. Zetsume went to speak but stopped as if he was not finished collecting his thoughts and then went to speak as he walked over to her and sat across from her.

His voice was a little more serious than it was before, but still held a friendly tone.

"To tell you the truth, I feel like you could do wonders if you were Raikage so I might take you up on that offer. It is one thing to just say you want to be Raikage, it is another to actually fit the role. I would like to be your guard, but at my current strength I do not think I am all qualified to be in such a position. I shall try my hardest to prove my worth should you become Raikage. The night is coming and my house is far off outside the village. I must bid you farewell Lin,I hope I get to see you chase your dream one day.Till then, farewell and be safe. You may always request help from me as you have made a new friend for life. Goodbye, come Repede."

Zetsume patted his leg, but the dog briefly hung around Lin for a bit longer hoping to get affection before following his owners command. Zetsume knew not of the future and what it held, but this small encounter gave him a new found hope for his village. Perhaps she was just what this village needed. As Zetsume walked off he turned around to wave one last time and Repede gave a small bark before the two set off back towards their house. Zetsume knew deep in his heart that he would have to try harder than he did before. He would strive for a new strength that could have been only acquired through this encounter and he would not forget Lin anytime soon.

(Exit thread)
WC:546
Total:3611

Training Perception:

Lin

Lin

D-rank
((need 6000 words (reminder for myself) ))

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.