You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lynn Uchiha

Lynn Uchiha

D-rank
It was slowly approaching dusk as Lynn walked down the streets of the Bazaar, the meager amount people out this time of day making it a comfortable position for him to be in. The quiet made him feel safe, and was especially appreciated when he wasn't in a confined space, allowing him to fully gather his thoughts, and not feel completely, utterly alone. Plus, it helped to get some fresh air, to take in his surroundings before he was approved to go on missions for the village. This was his new home, after all, so he may as well be used to it. It also helped that nothing important was happening, since yesterday was a little more hectic with the inauguration of the new Kazekage. It was strange, though...he could have sworn he felt the presence of...his own. Another Uchiha. Of course, that can't be possible...sure, they COULD be anywhere, but he specifically chose this village because it was far away from the mass of them. Not only that, it was, of course, quiet, and aside from maybe a few thugs, he would be left alone. No one cared about him, so he could continue his introversion with ease.

Of course...Lynn didn't actually want to be alone. The only reason he forced himself to be was his twisted philosphy that gaining any sort of bond, and gaining the Sharingan would send him towards a path of never-ending misery, due to the greed of power he believed it brought. The sins of his ancestors weighed heavily upon him, even though it was all so much in the past. And yet, the scars his bloodline made still stuck with the Shinobi World, small or not; more than a few distrust anyone who held the name of "Uchiha", and Lynn had felt this discrimination many times. It was another reason he had moved to Suna, as the officials weren't immediately rejecting his movement contract, and he could hide away in the warm embrace of the sands from it all.

But if he kept living on like this...he would never make a name for his corrupted family name. Hiding like this, not making friends, even refusing to work with others even for business purely...even if he never went rogue, it would accomplish nothing. He'd just be a chapter of history no one paid attention to. The segregation from society he felt, (while mostly self-imposed), the mistrust in his self to overcome the want for power due to his genetics, it would never go away if he didn't try. All he needed to do was work with someone, to chip away at his insecurities and make a name for himself! It was so simple! And he knew this...yet, here he is...forsaking himself, and coming closer and closer, the more he ages, to a quiet death. He needs to act...but can he? Will he?

Well, today might be where we find out.

-Word Count: 503-

Kuno

Kuno

D-rank
Kuno Uchiha looked up at the sky as dusk began to fall over the Village Hidden in the Sands. It had been a fairly uneventful day, given that all he had done was finish making a map out in the dunes and then return home. The trip back, unburdened by map making, had been a lot faster than the trip out into the Endless Dunes, and so Kuno found himself wondering about the village looking for something to do; or at the very least, a place to relax in the quiet of the evening. He unconsciously found himself wondering into the streets of the Grand Bazaar, a place that he normally was not a fan of wondering around. But that was during the day when the crowds were out and about and the streets were lined with nearly ravenous customers. Now it was quiet; only a handful of people were still around, and most of them were just mulling through the streets without purpose or closing up their shops for the day. Kuno waved to a few of them as they walked by, trying to be polite at the very least, but in reality, he just wanted to keep moving.

The stroll continued for a little while, before he found a quiet spot to settle down and look up at the sky. It was a pastime that he did not partake in often, as he usually was one for action. But tonight he was tired from all of the travel from earlier, so he did not mind taking a few moments to sit silently to think. His mind wondered to all sorts of things, but at the same time, nothing in particular. Thoughts of his mother and sister entered his mind’s eye before drifting away and being replaced by an image of his father. Kuno felt rage begin to boil deep down for a moment, but he managed to shrug it off through sheer willpower. Shaking his head and scanning the street that he had walked down, he searched for something else to occupy his mind.

As if on cue, Kuno watched as a young man strode around the corner and onto the street that he was sitting in. The man was shorter than Kuno, but not by much, and his skin was even paler than the young Uchiha’s. He wore a torn, green tuxedo jacket that bore a symbol of a snake. More surprising than any of this though, was his hair. It fell down to the middle of his back in a single, long pony tail, and it was bright green. Kuno could not help but raise an eyebrow at the person who came wondering down the road. Well, I’ve never been one to NOT introduce myself to an interesting looking stranger. With that thought running through his head, he raised a hand and waved at the approaching figure. “Hey there, nice evening isn’t it? I’m glad I’m not the only person that just likes to wander these streets before nightfall.” He stood up from the spot that he had been sitting, brushing himself off before striding forward and extending a hand. “I’m Kuno Uchiha, Genin of Sunagakure no Sato. I don’t believe we’ve ever met.”

WC: 547

Lynn Uchiha

Lynn Uchiha

D-rank
In all honesty, Lynn believed that his stroll would be extremely uneventful, which would have made his day a happy one. However, as he continued his way, an itching, nagging feeling burrowed its way into him, like a radar tick finding its enemy. And oh boy, that's definitely what Lynn thought of this. Of course, he wanted to throw it off as simple paranoia, but he couldn't help but feel like the Uchiha he felt the presence of earlier was closing in, from the opposite side of the street. He wouldn't even be able to notice them, either, since he couldn't see jack. At least the sunglasses he wore had some function to them in the day, but at this time, it made no sense.

Soon, however, a young, fairly tall male had began to walk towards him, apparently waving his hand, as Lynn felt these vibrations in the air. Oh boy, guess his peace and quiet is gonna end. Just go and keep walking, like you didn't notic-

But then, this happened.

[Taken in Kuno's POV]

“Hey there, nice evening isn’t it? I’m glad I’m not the only person that just likes to wander these streets before nightfall.” He stood up from the spot that he had been sitting, brushing himself off before striding forward and extending a hand. “I’m Kuno Uchiha, Genin of Sunagakure no Sato. I don’t believe we’ve ever met.”

POV End.

...So he was right! This wasn't paranoia here! There really was another damn Uchiha, and he was greeting him! At that moment, Lynn's face would go as pale as a ghost, and sweat began to form along his face and neck. His body shivered, and he nearly looked like he was about to flip his lid and murder Kuno right then and there. But, no...that would just prove everyone's point, that his bloodline was only full of violence...he had to at least give his formalities, before leaving him in the dust. There was no way he could stay around another one of his kind for long. Recovering, Lynn suddenly had a slight look of disgust on his face, as he slowly, shakily, gripped Kuno's hand, barely missing it since he couldn't see the bulk of his hand, the muscular tones of his body, the scars across his cheek, or the jet black hair, with that little red streak along it. Then, he shook, trying with all his might not to just try and rip the arm off. He was frightened out of his mind, that's for damn sure.

"...H-hi. Nice to meet you. I'm...Lynn."

When Kuno felt Lynn's hand, he'd notice it too was a bit slick with sweat, a sign he was definitely not good, nor comfortable, in social encounter. And with a better look at his face, he'd also notice the blankness in his pale green eyes; he was blind. And, yet...something was off about it. It wasn't a fluke, he definitely couldn't see, as his eyes never followed any movements they made, but for some reason it was like it shouldn't be so. Oh well.

-Word Count: 503 + 537 = 1040-

Kuno

Kuno

D-rank
The moment Kuno finished greeting the stranger, he could tell something was wrong. He watched as the pale face of the young man, probably younger than himself by a few years, turned an even more ghostly shade of white. It was like watching a transformation of some sort before his very eyes. The Uchiha could see beads of sweat forming all along his face and neck, and noticed a impossibly slight shiver that he only saw thanks to his better than average eyesight. And then his expression changed. It went from a blank slate of unyielding apathy, to a visage of anger. His brow furrowed and the corners of his mouth turned into a slight frown. It was so sudden that Kuno faltered for a moment, wavering in his usually amiable countenance.

Then, almost as suddenly as it appeared, the anger was gone. Masked again, but by disgust this time, though the tremble was still present. He reached out his hand to take Kuno’s grabbing it strangely as if he had missed, but Kuno ignored it considering the reception he had received so far.  Then the young man shook has hand with such a vigor that the Uchiha thought he would rend his arm from his body. Confused did not even begin to describe how Kuno felt in that moment. The hand of the man was slick with sweat, and upon looking at his eyes, though they were hidden behind sunglasses that had no business being worn this late into the evening, he saw that they stared back at him blankly. In fact, the pale green orbs looked as if they were staring past him, into nothingness. Blind? But his eyes aren’t even cloudy…who is this guy?? After what seemed like an eternity he introduced himself.

"...H-hi. Nice to meet you. I'm...Lynn."

Kuno pulled away from the handshake, chuckling to himself slightly. “Wow, quite a grip you’ve got there Lynn. Impressive to say the least.” Kuno could feel the awkwardness of the exchange amplifying by the second, so he tried to change the subject. “Ya I’m just out for an evening stroll. The market is nice in the evening. Especially since all of the people are gone.” He paused for a while, trying to think of what to say, and regretting his decision to interact with this “Lynn”. His mind was running a mile a minute trying to ascertain the nature of this man that he had decided to talk to. Why was he so uncomfortable after Kuno introduced himself? Why did this look of disgust cover his face? What could he hold against a man’s name? Kuno’s thoughts flashed to his father once again. He was a man that hated his entire family, just because Uchiha blood flowed through their veins. But Kuno had been sure that this type of hatred could only be limited to one such man in the entire ninja world. There was no way he had run into another person like this in his lifetime.

The young Uchiha had to know if that was the case. He had to know if he was seeing a younger version of his father standing before him. So, he decided to be blunt. “Hey um…Lynn? Are you alright? You seem a little, uncomfortable. I didn’t mean to interrupt your evening or anything. I can just…leave you alone if you prefer?”

WC: 574+547=1121

Lynn Uchiha

Lynn Uchiha

D-rank
Well, he asked more than Lynn hoped for. He thought, maybe, just maybe, after exchanging formalities, this 'Kuno' would walk away from him. He was socially awkward, after all, so he thought maybe the weirdness of it all would scare him off. But nope! He has to go through this mess still! Oh well...he just needed to...be nice, right? It's very hard to do such a thing, considering the circumstances. He's a Uchiha, for crying out loud! Nothing could come good of this, nothing at all! Though, the more he thought about it...yeah...that makes him a hypocrite, doesn't it? His whole mission in life was to fight such discrimination...he can't fall to it too. So, maybe he needed to change, just a little...even if it hurt.

Well, the first step of getting through all of this was socializing with him. To get over his fears, he'd have to face it first, right? That's what everyone told him...he never listened, but...still. Kuno...did seem strangely nice. Like Lynn wanted to be. Social...a bit built...able to live with pride of his clan rather than in shame. He didn't even know if Kuno was prideful of it, he just had a feeling cause he wasn't as depressing as he was. Or, if he was, he was pretty good at hiding it. It felt like he was catching onto Lynn's hatred of the Uchiha, too, cause for an instant it felt like Kuno was more than uncomfortable. Well, what if Kuno felt the same way he did? Heck, maybe he'll start acting up like Lynn did! He can't hold his facade forever, right...? Yeah, he needs to speak now. No good will come from this silence.

"...No. It's fine. I just...had a rough day.
It's not everyday you see another of your clan, too,
especially in the sands of Suna...heh. Also not really used to talking. People usually scowl at me.

Hey, he did it! He's getting a little better at this! Maybe...? In all honesty, Lynn still felt horrible. He did this to himself, instilling all this hatred and introversion, so he couldn't exactly blame anyone else. Wow, guess the blood really does run through him, in some ways, huh? Irony...sometimes, the bane of everyone's existence. Especially if you're Lynn Uchiha. "But,
hey...gotta try sometimes, right?"

God, even when he was trying it felt so terrible to him! This talking thing is gonna take a lot of getting used to, cause it felt like whenever he said anything that Kuno might just bonk him in the head from how stupidly awkward he was being. Of course, he wasn't going to do that, it was just his paranoia talking like always. Well, what can you do, when you've been so stupid to yourself all the time? Hopefully it would end in his favor, though. Either with an awkward goodbye with silence following it, or a welcoming talk from the Uchiha in front of him.

-Word Count: 1040 + 523 = 1563-

Kuno

Kuno

D-rank
Kuno could practically see the gears turning over inside of Lynn’s head. They were calculating, devising the perfect answer. At least that is what it looked like to Kuno. It seemed like an eternity passed before the young man finally spoke in response to his query. "...No. It's fine. I just...had a rough day. It's not everyday you see another of your clan, too, especially in the sands of Suna...heh. Also, not really used to talking. People usually scowl at me.” Kuno raised an eyebrow. Another Uchiha? Now that is a revelation if I ever heard one! "But, hey...gotta try sometimes, right?" Kuno smiled at the newly met Uchiha, hoping to relieve some of the tension and awkwardness that was seeping into the cracks of the conversation. He pushed aside the strangeness of the beginning of their encounter and tried to press forward with a semblance of a normal conversation.

“Another of your clan huh? So you’re a fellow Uchiha then! Well in that case, all the better to meet you.” He glanced around the street and spread his arms out to gesture to it all, “You’re definitely not wrong. I don’t know of any other Uchiha in the village other than my mother and sister to be honest. It’s nice to have met another one!” Lowering his arms he stepped closer to the young man, looking him up and down once more. He definitely did not seem like the average Uchiha, but who was Kuno to judge? His blood probably was not pure Uchiha, just as his own was not. Still, despite the discovery of this man’s origins, he could not help but notice the small twitches in his demeanor that he could only notice thanks to his exceptional vision; and the image of the face of disgust that he had shown when Kuno had originally introduced himself was still fresh in his mind. There’s something more to this guy, that’s for sure.

To mask his inspection of Lynn, Kuno continued talking to him. “In fact, I’m not actually from the village myself. I came here form Konoha with my family a number of years ago. I find it strange that I’ve never met you before Lynn. Are you from around these parts? Or are you an immigrant such as myself?” Speaking about his family’s departure, his mind could not help but return to the face of his father on that day that they left Konoha. He had never seen such distress in a man’s eyes before that day. The mixture of pain and confusion was something that Kuno could not have possibly understood in the moment, but now that he was older, he thought that he understood it just a little bit. He had loved and admired his father so much, and he still did love him, but at the same time he loathed his existence. Here was a man that had given up so much for his family, just to throw it away because of another person that shared their blood. It was ludicrous to Kuno, and thinking about it once again brought a tremor over his body as he forced his anger down into himself.

Shaking his head, he looked back up at the Uchiha standing before him. What are you not telling me Lynn Uchiha? Why did you seem so uncomfortable before? What are you hiding from your kinsman?

WC: 581+1121=1702

Lynn Uchiha

Lynn Uchiha

D-rank
"Are you kidding me?! The one thing I aimed on leaving behind, and it just fucking follows me here?!"

Lynn's fuse was quickly being shortened after learning this information. Another Konoha clansmen, in Suna? It's way too much coincidence, it's like he had the same idea or something; or worse, he really was being followed! Is he ever going to get some peace from his forsaken identity? Of course, he also believed it may have been the only way he'd ever get over his fears in the first place. But as of now, that was becoming more and more irrelevant, since he had a lot of reason to be paranoid now.

But of course, things just had to get worse, didn't it? Not only did he move here, just like Lynn, but he actually brought his family with him. Why the hell would you ever, EVER do that?! At least, in Lynn's point of view, it was the worst thing you could ever conceive doing, much less acting upon it. They have the potential to get the Sharingan, meaning people would try to steal their eyes, which could result in getting them killed. So not only that, but they also have a chance of going rogue, just like every other Uchiha. Then there's Kuno himself; if he loses his family, guess what happens? The eyes awaken! And the cycle would just continue, until all of them were dead!

And for the icing on the cake, now Kuno was closing in on him, invading Lynn's rather massive personal space bubble. It was very uncomfortable, and just attributed into his brewing anger. Okay, this was it. He couldn't play nice anymore, even if he secretly wanted to; the fear was now taking control. Hopefully, he wasn't outmatched if he started a fight.

"Okay, whoa whoa whoa. Slow down there; you brought your family? Do you know how dangerous that could be? What if...what if someone tries to hurt them? The more Uchiha that pile up in on place, the more suspicious everyone gets...you'd end up endangering yourself, and your family in that regard. And please back up...you're invading my personal space. Don't try to talk your way out of this."

It was probably clear to Kuno what was happening now...yes, he was like his father; he had something against his own blood. Yet...it didn't seem...vicious, or anything. It almost felt like he didn't want to be this way, as under the anger was also him biting his lip, and playing in the sand with his foot. He was younger, as it seemed, so he may have some salvage to him if the cards were played right. Maybe he could be saved, from becoming full of hatred...despite the fact, that was what he was trying to avoid in the first place. Of course, if what everything Lynn said pissed Kuno off enough, none of that would matter...

-Word Count: 506 + 1563 = 2069-

Kuno

Kuno

D-rank
The change from uncomfortable and slightly disgusted to outright hostile was so quick it would have left Kuno staggered if he weren't so good at picking up on facial cues. As he stepped forward he saw that Lynn visibly tensed, and the furrowing of the younger Uchiha’s brow was a dead give away to Kuno, who saw some anger coming on. It did not make any sense to Kuno, and he was a little bit confused, but the words that came out of Lynn’s mouth were the most surprising thing about the entire circumstance.

"Okay, whoa whoa whoa. Slow down there; you brought your family? Do you know how dangerous that could be? What if...what if someone tries to hurt them? The more Uchiha that pile up in on place, the more suspicious everyone gets...you'd end up endangering yourself, and your family in that regard. And please back up...you're invading my personal space. Don't try to talk your way out of this."

Kuno’s jaw dropped. What in the world is that about? And who the hell does this guy think he is? He seemed clearly upset, but that was no excuse for what he had said about Kuno’s family. Stopping mid-stride, Kuno could not stop the anger that so quickly built inside him from spilling over for a moment. He threw up his hands and took two steps back. “Well sorry kid! But if you think I’m making you uncomfortable, you should listen to yourself? Who are you to tell me what I should or should not do with my family? And for your information, we fled here together because we were in more danger where we were!” The words were just leaping unbidden from his lips now, an unfortunate side effect of the temper he had inherited from his father. “And another thing, I don’t know where you come from, not many people hate Uchiha just because we’re Uchiha anymore. People kinda got over it you know? We’re not all bad people! In fact, the only people I know of who feel like that are you and my….my….” Kuno let out an exasperated grunt and spun around, trying desperately to collect himself.

His hands we at his sides, balled into fists and whiter than normal at the knuckles. Heaving a heavy sigh, Kuno turned back to the younger Uchiha, squinting at him angrily as he sized him up. This guy…this kid had made him very angry, very quickly; but as Kuno looked back at him, he saw a different side of the story, his rage subsiding. Lynn was standing there, still looking serious, but at the same time he looked…confused? He was biting his lip, and is one foot was playing sheepishly with the sand on the ground. His eyes would not meet Kuno’s gaze, not that it would make a difference with him appearing to be blind. But above all else, Kuno saw this kid for what he really was; a kid. He was not that much younger than himself, but something about him seemed…immature, or maybe just as confused as Kuno was about everything. He had something against his clan, that much was certain, but the self-loathing he felt was not one of blood lust, it wasn’t vicious like Kuno’s father’s. No, his was more innocent and scared.

Seeing this, Kuno softened a little bit. “Damn…I’m sorry Lynn I just…I’m very protective of my family.” He managed a dry chuckle through the emotional build up that was coming into his throat. “I know you said I can’t talk myself out of it, but I really am sorry for that. I can see that you aren’t the biggest fan of Uchihas, and I’m sorry to hear that. But for what it’s worth, I hope you can give me, and yourself, another chance. Like I said, we aren’t all bad.”

WC:675+1702=2377

Lynn Uchiha

Lynn Uchiha

D-rank
With that, Lynn knew exactly what was about to happen due to his actions...at least, according to his mindset; Kuno would get understandably angry, a fight was going to start, and he'd make a new enemy this night. Not a great start for Suna, but not a surprising one either. Lynn was...used to it. But this time, it was his fault. He felt really bad for what he was saying, for once; his barrier was trying to release, after years of him blocking his feelings out. Though, he couldn't let go that easily; it might lead him towards the path he avoided all so long. However, this willpower he was trying to apply in this situation would soon disperse.

He couldn't see anything, but he sure as hell knew how angry Kuno was by now; he could feel him stomp a little bit, and an angry tone grew within him, arms waving in the air. It was rather scary to him, to be quite honest, and it made him backpedal a bit. This was a big mistake...he wouldn't be able to fight back at all, due to being low on chakra, if anything started. He only had enough for the Academy Jutsus, and nothing else, like his specialized Genjutsus. And boy, it would get even worse when the angry Uchiha began to speak.

“Well sorry kid! But if you think I’m making you uncomfortable, you should listen to yourself? Who are you to tell me what I should or should not do with my family? And for your information, we fled here together because we were in more danger where we were!” The words were just leaping unbidden from his lips now, an unfortunate side effect of the temper he had inherited from his father, though Lynn had no knowledge of this. “And another thing, I don’t know where you come from, not many people hate Uchiha just because we’re Uchiha anymore. People kinda got over it you know? We’re not all bad people! In fact, the only people I know of who feel like that are you and my….my….” Kuno let out an exasperated grunt and spun around, trying desperately to collect himself.

With this, Lynn was scared out of his mind, bracing for impact, his body flinching. But...no, that didn't happen. It seemed he turned around at least two times, fists balled up, but, nothing truly happened. As soon as Kuno's furious nature flared up, it was gone, and to Lynn it felt like he was...calming down. How in the world...was he right? That, maybe their bloodline wasn't as bad as it used to be? No, it couldn't be true...at least...fully true. It felt so weird, though, that it was happening, right then and there! His mood also continued to worsen, though, hearing they only moved here because his family was in danger. That's an extremely noble cause, almost impossible to think of in his mindset, but it had to be true...he had no reason to lie to him. Regardless, he'd then tune in to what Kuno had to say next, wondering if this pacifism would continue.

“Damn…I’m sorry Lynn I just…I’m very protective of my family.” Kuno managed a dry chuckle through the emotional build up that was coming into his throat. “I know you said I can’t talk myself out of it, but I really am sorry for that. I can see that you aren’t the biggest fan of Uchihas, and I’m sorry to hear that. But for what it’s worth, I hope you can give me, and yourself, another chance. Like I said, we aren’t all bad.”

Lynn now felt even worse, hearing that Kuno was even sorry for yelling at him. It was official, that while he may have had some anger issues, he was no monster. Course, it might be because he doesn't have his Sharingan yet...but, did he really want to think like that anymore? That shouldn't let him be afraid of Kuno. Lynn himself was softening up at all of this, his insecurity barrier gone for the moment, as he did the impossible, and...apologized too. All the while, he'd hold his arm sheepishly, and start to tear up a bit, all of this hitting him at once to tell him he was being completely irrational and wrong.

"I-I'm...I'm sorry, Kuno...its just...scary. Thinking that one day, we'll just...start hating everything...and hurt other people...I don't want to do that. And I don't want any of our bloodline doing that, either. My father, he...he fell under that curse. He left and went on a rampage, got himself killed. And mom...by the time she died, I didn't feel anymore. I just don't want to follow in anyone's footsteps from my past...and I want to get over this. But the more I try, it's like something inside of me keeps me from doing this...like, my insecurities, personified. I'm sure the moment we're done talking, it'll just take over again...and any progress I made will be gone. I just want it to stop..."

-Word Count: 2069 + 898 = 2967-

Kuno

Kuno

D-rank
As he watched the younger Uchiha in front of him, he could see the shock and surprise at his sudden reversal of emotions. Kuno was not really surprised through. He had gone from friendly stranger, to angry guy yelling about his family, to apologetic kinsman all in the span of a minute or two. It was to any onlooker or outsider, which Lynn Uchiha essentially was, it would probably look like Kuno was a little crazy, if not a complete maniac. Kuno watched as the Lynn’s features visibly softened, pulling arm up to hold the other, sheepishly looking into Kuno’s eyes while his own showed the beginnings of tears. Oh crap…why did I have to go ahead an make him cry? The first Uchiha I’ve met around here and I go on and make him hate me. Nice work Kuno; that’s a great way to show people that the Uchiha aren’t all that bad. Preparing himself to further apologize, Kuno opened is mouth to speak, but was cut off by Lynn, who started to talk, raw emotion grating at his voice.

"I-I'm...I'm sorry, Kuno...its just...scary. Thinking that one day, we'll just...start hating everything...and hurt other people...I don't want to do that. And I don't want any of our bloodline doing that, either. My father, he...he fell under that curse. He left and went on a rampage, got himself killed. And mom...by the time she died, I didn't feel anymore. I just don't want to follow in anyone's footsteps from my past...and I want to get over this. But the more I try, it's like something inside of me keeps me from doing this...like, my insecurities, personified. I'm sure the moment we're done talking, it'll just take over again...and any progress I made will be gone. I just want it to stop..."

For the second time that night, Kuno Uchiha was completely taken aback. He knew that some people hated the Uchiha because of their blood, but and he knew that even some Uchiha regretted who they were. But Lynn’s pain ran so much deeper. He was afraid. Kuno could see it now; he did not want to see his bloodline tainted any further than it already was. He wanted to show people that they could be so much more, just like Kuno did. The older Uchiha was not one for heartbreak, and he was not the best at expressing his emotions (other than anger of course), but seeing one of his own in such a position softened his heart just slightly. He smiled slightly, and slowly stepped forward.

“Hey man, I uh…I’m not the best at this. But I’m really sorry for your loss.” He stepped forward further, but carefully, and cautiously extended his hand before gently setting it on Lynn’s shoulder. “It looks like we both have people in our lives that hurt us bad. My dad cast out the rest of my family because of our blood. He hates the Uchiha. And that’s what happens with us right? We’re hated because of our blood. And I’m sick and tired of it.” He smiled, more, and made sure that he had locked eyes with his clansman before continuing. “I don’t want to follow in the footsteps of the past either. I want to be the Uchiha that this village, that my home can rely on. So what do you say we make it a team effort? You and me, Lynn and Kuno, proving history wrong!” He lightly punched Lynn on the shoulder while he said this and laughed out loud. “That way, we can help each other. I’ll help you remember that not all Uchiha are bad, and you can help me show the village that truth as well!”

He meant every word, and he waited patiently, hoping that his new acquaintance would help him show the world that the Uchiha could be trusted, and that they weren’t all a black firestorm waiting to happen.

WC: 697+2377=3074

Lynn Uchiha

Lynn Uchiha

D-rank
It was a good feeling, to cry for once. Holding all the anguish and guilt he felt, for being so negative, introverted and conflicted, put the weight of fifty tons upon his heart. But now he had someone he was starting to open up to, despite the shaky start; and it was even one of his own clan. He was still afraid that any progress he made tonight would be erased like usual, but, he felt like it might be worth it to try. Kuno wouldn't abandon him, especially when all it seemed he needed was a friend, right? Thankfully, this thought was reinforced by what Kuno would do next.

“Hey man, I uh…I’m not the best at this. But I’m really sorry for your loss.” Kuno stepped forward further, but carefully, and cautiously extended his hand before gently setting it on Lynn’s shoulder. “It looks like we both have people in our lives that hurt us bad. My dad cast out the rest of my family because of our blood. He hates the Uchiha. And that’s what happens with us right? We’re hated because of our blood. And I’m sick and tired of it.” He would then seemingly smile more, and made sure that he had locked eyes with his clansman before continuing, though Lynn couldn't exactly see this. “I don’t want to follow in the footsteps of the past either. I want to be the Uchiha that this village, that my home can rely on. So what do you say we make it a team effort? You and me, Lynn and Kuno, proving history wrong!” He lightly punched Lynn on the shoulder while he said this and laughed out loud. “That way, we can help each other. I’ll help you remember that not all Uchiha are bad, and you can help me show the village that truth as well!”

Yeah, this definitely dug deep into Lynn's mind. The gentle touching, the words sounding...genuine...the fact he held an ideal, exactly like his, yet handled it so much better than he could ever imagine? He had to work with this man, even if it took an eternity to get over himself. With that, he finally broke, now just outright sobbing, both out of grief, but gratitude as well. A pained smile crossed his lips, the first he had formed in several years, as he held himself, trying to control the intense shaking that went all across his body. Was he happy? He didn't know. All he knew was, this village, this "Land Hidden in the Sands", has done him more good in a day than Konoha had for basically all his life. Things were going to change for the better...

"I-If you really mean what...y-you say...thank you...thank you so much...if you can bear with me, for who knows how long, it might...actually be possible. Right now, I'm not in any state to make the big moves I desire...because of the stupid "other me" keeping me from doing so. But, if we can...destroy him...keep him from being a threat to me any longer...I can say without a doubt, I trust you. M-maybe...you'll be...my first friend..."

-Word Count: 2967 + 555 = 3522-

Kuno

Kuno

D-rank
Kuno was worried that the joking punch he delivered may have been a little too touch. Lynn stood there, silently crying for a moment before the floodgates opened up. The younger Uchiha began to sob. It seemed like it was uncontrollable at first, his breathes coming in heaves that wracked his body with tremors. Kuno was unsure of what to do, but the feeling that flooded him was one of sympathy more than anything else. The man he saw before him was not a stranger anymore. No; he was family. Their blood tired them together, and seeing him like this actually hurt Juno’s heart just slightly. He stepped forward as Lynn looked up, a pained smile crossing his face before he finally responded. "I-If you really mean what...y-you say...thank you...thank you so much...if you can bear with me, for who knows how long, it might...actually be possible. Right now, I'm not in any state to make the big moves I desire...because of the stupid "other me" keeping me from doing so. But, if we can...destroy him...keep him from being a threat to me any longer...I can say without a doubt, I trust you. M-maybe...you'll be...my first friend..."

Kuno’s smile returned once again, a but of pain tugging on the edge of his lips as well. He closed the gap between the two young men, placing a hand on his shoulder. “Lynn Uchiha, I promise that I really mean what I say. And I would be honoured to be your first friend.” The sympathy he felt for the younger man grew into something that was more. He cared about him; like an older brother would care for his younger sibling, he wanted to be there for this man. He wanted to prove to him that he could be more than just another monster of an Uchiha. Without thinking about it, he pulled the younger man in for a hug, completely violating the boundaries that the man had set out earlier. Kuno was not one to normally embrace, but in that moment, he was overcome with emotion, and could not stop himself from showing it. He did not hold him for long, and soon stepped back from Lynn, still smiling.

He looked up at the sky to see that darkness had almost swallowed up the Village Hidden in the Sands once again. “Well Lynn, it’s getting late, and I need to be home for my family. But I’m very glad that I met you today. You’ve renewed the goals for myself that I’ve had for a long time. I hope that I was able to help you just as much.” With that he turned to step away. Looking over his shoulder, he raised a hand and yelled back to the younger Uchiha. “Goodnight Lynn Uchiha. And hey, a word of advice? Try to respect new people a little more. Give them the benefit of the doubt.” He chuckled, and after bidding him another quick farewell, Kuno Uchiha walked off into the night, back toward his home to reflect on all that had just happened.

As he walked through the cool night air, his mind kept wandering back to the words that he had said regarding bringing his family, and how it was dangerous. The Uchiha shook his head, blinking back thoughts of any possible danger that could befall them. He was here after all, and he would never let anything hapen to his family.

Ya, I think I’ll stay close to that one. He’s like….a little brother.

[Exit Thread]

WC:610+3074=3684

Training:

Endurance from E-2 to D-Rank (525/525)
All Stats from D-Rank to D-1 (1625/1625)

Fuuton from D to C (1500/1500)

Unused WC: 34

Lynn Uchiha

Lynn Uchiha

D-rank
It was hard, yet satisfying, letting his emotions out like this. Crying his tears of pain and discontent, and being...vulnerable. The tugging feeling he developed throughout the years, losing his progress on getting better whenever he tried, that had long followed him, seemed insignificant to him at this very moment. It was simply another fear that he had developed alongside the others; that no matter what he did, it wouldn't matter. He'd just continue to hurt others, and if he were to give in to his self-imposed sins, it'd go against the whole purpose he neglected his needs in the first place.

These thoughts melted away even more when the Uchiha before him wrapped their arms around him, resulting in a close hug. Something that Lynn hadn't felt in many years, for sure, and it felt very awkward at first. But then he simply nuzzled into the warm, caring Kuno, embracing back as tight as he could manage through the weakness he felt right now. It felt even better to hear Kuno promised his sincerity, and even stated he'd be his friend. His first friend...what did they even really do? Were they as good as he always imagined? Either way...the tears flowed for a while, but eventually would fade away, as he closed his eyes, Kuno stepping away from him. He'd then tune in on what he'd say next.

“Well Lynn, it’s getting late, and I need to be home for my family. But I’m very glad that I met you today. You’ve renewed the goals for myself that I’ve had for a long time. I hope that I was able to help you just as much.” With that Kuno turned to step away. Looking over his shoulder, he raised a hand and yelled back to the younger Uchiha. “Goodnight Lynn Uchiha. And hey, a word of advice? Try to respect new people a little more. Give them the benefit of the doubt.” He chuckled, and after bidding him another quick farewell, Kuno Uchiha walked off into the night, back toward his home to reflect on all that had just happened.

Well...it didn't seem like an impossible request. It just reinforced what happened this night; that he needed to try. This was the time...the time he'd finally break out of his own curse. Such a kind soul wouldn't give him bad advice, right? Especially since it kinda felt like he had a big brother. That was something he never really experienced before, since he was always an only child, but it was welcoming. They were tied together by blood, so it only made some sense, right? In that case, he knew he needed to listen, no matter how much of his progress he lost tonight. He also needed to get some sort of help...sure, having a new friend would be nice, but...he destroyed his own psyche over the years, along with the death of his family. There had to be someone in the village with medical experience...right?

[EXIT THREAD]

Word Count: 3522 + 520 = 4042-

Training:

All Stats but Endurance from E-Rank to D-0: (3,000/3,000)

Endurance from E-Rank to E-3: (450/450)

Reaction Time from D-0 to D-1: (325/325)

Unused WC: 267

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.