You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Midorii

Midorii

D-rank
The streets were uncrowded, barely more crowded than they were on a usual work day at lunch, save for the few optimists and those curious about the new Kage. There weren’t any decorations, aside from the sparse number of houses that still felt patriotic in a time of such dire situations. Silently, people waited, the stage decorated enough to make it show that the formal nature of the event was not dropped, yet with such a dreary palette of colours that perhaps it emphasised too much the belief of the council, the faith of the Daimyo, and the current hope of the village. Too many Kage applicants had failed, died, or left. Too many Kage had abandoned the village when it needed it the most in recent years. The title of Kage was now little more than that, a title, a burden cast upon the next unfortunate soul meant to carry the weight of the dying village of sand, where the council itself that runs the village through paperwork, finance, and agreements, has begun to lose hope.

The sparse crowd of the few people interested parted as the group that consisted of the Kage to be, the Daimyo, and the council of Sunagakure no Sato began to walk forwards, behind the stage where they began to convene. ANBU were situated on the rooftops of the sandstone and wood buildings, watching and on high alert to ensure there were no attempts of assassination or riot. Not so much out of concern for the Kage, but for the council, and the Daimyo. People now began gathering, many with impatient expressions, wanting to see who the next person to fail them would be.

Midori knew that she wasn’t going to be popular. She was among the many before, one of those who distrusted the Kage for abandoning the village. But she also knew that as the new Kazekage, this was her job. To take the hatred and distrust thrust upon her, and to embrace it. She was the face of the village, but also its shadow. On the way, she had been informed of what to say. Or at the very least, for the progression of how this event would go. First, the council would speak, announcing the new Kage by name, and then the Daimyo of the land of wind would step forward, and shake her hand. After that, they would step aside, and Midori was to be given the stage to speak – to say her piece.

The stage was now cleared, and the first councilman stepped up onto the stage, various forms in hand as he walked up to the podium, which was formed in the shape of a gourd with ribbons tied around it in various colours, each made of a fine silk. The councilman wore a formal attire of various shades of beige and brown, a silken scarf of red draped around his neck and flowing down behind him. His hair was grey, wiry and thin, slicked back in a way that seemed to purposefully cement his age, lines across his face which, aside from the wrinkles of time, was unblemished. He coughed loudly, hoping to silence the gossip and talking occurring in the crowd that had gathered more out of curiosity, or political interest, than out of excitement.

Their attention now caught, the rest of the participants of the inauguration stepped on to take their place, first with the council gathering around their companion, then the Kazekage to be, wearing a robe that was clearly designed to be made for someone larger than herself, her limbs concealed from the oversized robe that made her look akin to a child. After her, the Daimyo himself stepped forth, his guards at his side closely, looking around on alert.

Looking down at the papers that rested on the gourd shaped stand, the council person began to speak up, his voice stern and clear, yet without a hint of emotional investment. “People of Sunagakure no Sato. We are here today to inaugurate the… Hm…” he stopped, looking down at the piece of paper as if to remind himself, before nodding. “Ah, yes, the fifteenth Kazekage. We are pleased to welcome to the administration of the village, Miss Midori Ningyou. Please give a welcome to her, and we look forward to working with her in the future.” The man declared, stepping away from the gourd and moving with the rest of the council to the back of the stage.

As if on cue, the Daimyo stepped forwards, clad in green fabrics, silks and gems of assorted colours, with silver and gold further denoting his status. His nose was long, with a high bridge, and nostrils that flared with a motion that suggested he looked down on those around him. His eyelids were half closed, looking lazily at the robes of the Kage, not once glancing to those the Daimyo deemed lesser than himself. With him stood the two guards, each one armed to the teeth and with stern gazes that glared weaponry of their own to those that would dare attempt to attack on the Daimyo’s life – more there for dissuasion from assault, yet also a threat to any who would try regardless.

Meanwhile, Midori stepped forwards as well. Unlike the Daimyo, her attire was the robes of the Kazekage, which had clearly been designed for someone other than herself. It dragged around her feet, like a dress, and her hands were completely invisible due to the length of the sleeves, the oversize of it giving her an almost childlike appearance when compared to that of the aged Daimyo. Her face was soft, seeming to be more used to smiling than any other expression, and her black hair hung loose beneath the Kage hat, trailing down her back, and in a slight fringe down the middle of her face.

The duo stepped towards one another, Midori pulling the sleeve back on her left arm to reveal the pale skin to the sun, holding out the hand, which was soon met by the hand of the Daimyo. His grasp was firm but loose all at once, the hold of one that had been through the motion a thousand times before. To Midori, it seemed that he had no respect for her, simply doing the act to keep his formality in place, looking down the expanse of nose, down at the Kazekage to be, who watched as he stepped away, and walked off the stage with his entourage.

Now alone on the stage, the full focus of attention, it was Midori’s turn to take the stage, to speak her piece. She stepped forth, resting her hands gently on the stand as she gathered her breath, and steeled her nerves before she spoke. Her lips felt dry, and she felt the weight of the eyes that stared at her now. She took a moment to look out among the crowds, glancing. The tone was… Heavy, and generally disinterested. Inhaling once, she adjusted her posture. Blue eyes gazing out to the people ahead of her, Midori now opened her mouth to address those that watched.

People of Sunagakure! As you’ve been told, I am Midori. I am from the Ningyou clan, and I am a medic first and foremost. As you have likely gathered, and am hoping is apparent, I am to be your new Kazekage. I can understand that you may have some doubts. I am, after all, a new face. I am young, and I appear inexperienced. To be honest, I have some doubts myself. Yet, I hope to do you all proud! The years have been rough, there is no denying that. We have been lawless. We have been abandoned by ourselves, lost, and without any guidance. Abandoned by those we had in a position where they were to guide us. Like many of you, I was a genin not long ago. Politics is not something I have much interest in, as I’m sure many of you don’t, and quite simply, I can understand you probably don’t trust me.

Right now, in Suna, we have issues. We have been left alone, without any help. But a grain of sand on its own is little to the winds that onslaught it. We are the village hidden in the sand, but yet, we are also more! We are the culmination of the desert! We are the grains of sand that stand together to make an endless stretch, a dune of never ending potential, beyond which an oasis lay! Historically, we have done some amazing things, as a village! We aided the village of the leaves in hunting down a criminal organisation! We were pivotal in the victory of the fourth shinobi war! We have time and time again proven to be the ultimate defensive shinobi, the ones that those who don’t understand us could never defeat! The land of stone has its mountains, the land of fire has its trees, the land of water has its military, and the land of clouds has its cliffs! Yet we have something they do not! We survived this long without a leader, and while it has been a struggle, we have survived. No, we aren’t in a good place. Casualties and crime are at a high that is sad to admit. It pains me to think it. This is my home. This is our home!

But! We are more than just bandits! We are the sandstorm, the ever moving forward hurricane of dust that survives! I could be wrong, and I will not speak ill of our neighbours of different villages, of different countries, but I am proud of how well we have survived! I’m sure that, were I to fail, you would all pick up the slack. You’ve done it well so far… but, I will not fail you. I’ve been in your shoes, stood alongside you! You are each my comrade, my family, my friend! If I fail, then it is not because I flee, but because I fall! And I can assure you, I will not fall quickly!

But enough about me. I don’t have any worries about the village! I hope to do my best to work alongside you all, and to do what I can to help out! I will do what I can to lower the crime! I will do what I can to lower the deaths! I only ask you! Please! Try with me! Do not lose hope! Even two grains of sand can tip a scale! So please!

She began gasping, gripping tightly at the gourd as she felt her emotions begin to swell up, and supressing her tears so as to not show apparent weakness in front of the majority disinterested crowd. “Please…” she declared once more, before shaking her head, and reinstating her prior posture, standing upright and coughing slightly to regain composure, her voice now calm and level as she spoke once more. “I will not fail. And I swear to you, when the violence is down, when people feel safe, and when we are once more in a state to call ourselves one of the five, one of the strongest. When we are at that point once more, I will happily step aside if you all wish me to. If you feel I do badly, then tell me. If you feel I do well, then I am glad, but if you feel I do badly, please, let me know! I am little more than another shinobi, and I will do little more than fight for this village. I will act as our first line of defence, and I will die if it means I can protect a single soul! I won’t pretend we can do it alone. I hope we can make peace with those that have forgotten us. To remind the rest of the world that here stands Suna, the most resilient village! We are the village that will never die! And I will ensure that with my body if I must! Tell me when I make a mistake! I am young! I am weak! Guide me so that I can become the Kazekage that you need! If you have any objections to me, then I implore you, tell me!

She stepped back from the podium now, leaning her head up to look at the crowd once more, gulping as she gathered her breath, staring at the somewhat silent group. People were talking amongst themselves, a few people were clapping, but not a lot. It wasn’t anything spectacular, but, she couldn’t say she didn’t expect such a reaction. Sighing quietly to herself, Midori bowed, before speaking up a final time. “Once more, my name is Midori Ningyou! Thank you for letting me be your Kazekage, and thank you for listening! I hope I do you proud!” she declared, stepping back and walking towards the edge of the stage, to join those of the council who no doubt had more formalities for her to do. Her chest felt heavy, and her real hand shivered slightly, indiscernibly beneath the robes. The reality of her new life had hit her now. The responsibilities she would have to face, and the hatred her own people would feel for her if she makes a single mistake.

Lynn Uchiha

Lynn Uchiha

D-rank
It had only been a day since Lynn Uchiha had moved into Sunagakure no Sato, but already something big was happening; the inauguration of Midori Ningyou, Kazekage of his newfound home. Now, as he walked out in the afternoon, after taking forever to get up, and chowing down on a package of generic brand ramen, he wouldn't have thought something as important would be happening right now; he was never informed, and it seemed as though a lot didn't know until now as well. It was also hard to tell it was even happening as well, since where it took place was barely decorated in celebration of the crucial event; maybe a few streamers, a sign or two, but nothing brought much attention until the main members of the operation appeared. Of course...nothing of physical appearance actually mattered, since he couldn't see any of it.

First, a member of the council had taken the stand, introducing the new Kage to be as Midori Ningyou. It was a neat little name, Lynn had thought, but he wasn't very interested as of now. He had taken refuge somewhere near the stage, in a shady corner, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed as he listened. Soon enough, he heard the little jingles of wealth on the stage; assumingly that was the Daimyo, in all his not-so-much-glory. In all honesty, he wasn't really interesting to Lynn either. Didn't even have the nerve to speak, for such an important event. Though the last one on stage was the lady of the hour herself, Midori. Unlike everyone on that stage, he had noticed her steps were a bit lighter than the rest, with a hint of optimism thrown in. Now THAT was intriguing; everyone in the village seemed a bit quiet and sour, but she seemed bursting with energy, despite her calmness. Okay, so maybe it was a good idea to stick around after all...maybe she'd be a better leader than what the crowd's disinterest let on.

The Speech in Question...

“People of Sunagakure! As you’ve been told, I am Midori. I am from the Ningyou clan, and I am a medic first and foremost. As you have likely gathered, and am hoping is apparent, I am to be your new Kazekage. I can understand that you may have some doubts. I am, after all, a new face. I am young, and I appear inexperienced. To be honest, I have some doubts myself. Yet, I hope to do you all proud! The years have been rough, there is no denying that. We have been lawless. We have been abandoned by ourselves, lost, and without any guidance. Abandoned by those we had in a position where they were to guide us. Like many of you, I was a genin not long ago. Politics is not something I have much interest in, as I’m sure many of you don’t, and quite simply, I can understand you probably don’t trust me.

Right now, in Suna, we have issues. We have been left alone, without any help. But a grain of sand on its own is little to the winds that onslaught it. We are the village hidden in the sand, but yet, we are also more! We are the culmination of the desert! We are the grains of sand that stand together to make an endless stretch, a dune of never ending potential, beyond which an oasis lay! Historically, we have done some amazing things, as a village! We aided the village of the leaves in hunting down a criminal organisation! We were pivotal in the victory of the fourth shinobi war! We have time and time again proven to be the ultimate defensive shinobi, the ones that those who don’t understand us could never defeat! The land of stone has its mountains, the land of fire has its trees, the land of water has its military, and the land of clouds has its cliffs! Yet we have something they do not! We survived this long without a leader, and while it has been a struggle, we have survived. No, we aren’t in a good place. Casualties and crime are at a high that is sad to admit. It pains me to think it. This is my home. This is our home!

But! We are more than just bandits! We are the sandstorm, the ever moving forward hurricane of dust that survives! I could be wrong, and I will not speak ill of our neighbours of different villages, of different countries, but I am proud of how well we have survived! I’m sure that, were I to fail, you would all pick up the slack. You’ve done it well so far… but, I will not fail you. I’ve been in your shoes, stood alongside you! You are each my comrade, my family, my friend! If I fail, then it is not because I flee, but because I fall! And I can assure you, I will not fall quickly!

But enough about me. I don’t have any worries about the village! I hope to do my best to work alongside you all, and to do what I can to help out! I will do what I can to lower the crime! I will do what I can to lower the deaths! I only ask you! Please! Try with me! Do not lose hope! Even two grains of sand can tip a scale! So please!”

She began gasping, gripping tightly at the gourd as she felt her emotions begin to swell up, and supressing her tears so as to not show apparent weakness in front of the majority disinterested crowd. “Please…” she declared once more, before shaking her head, and reinstating her prior posture, standing upright and coughing slightly to regain composure, her voice now calm and level as she spoke once more. “I will not fail. And I swear to you, when the violence is down, when people feel safe, and when we are once more in a state to call ourselves one of the five, one of the strongest. When we are at that point once more, I will happily step aside if you all wish me to. If you feel I do badly, then tell me. If you feel I do well, then I am glad, but if you feel I do badly, please, let me know! I am little more than another shinobi, and I will do little more than fight for this village. I will act as our first line of defence, and I will die if it means I can protect a single soul! I won’t pretend we can do it alone. I hope we can make peace with those that have forgotten us. To remind the rest of the world that here stands Suna, the most resilient village! We are the village that will never die! And I will ensure that with my body if I must! Tell me when I make a mistake! I am young! I am weak! Guide me so that I can become the Kazekage that you need! If you have any objections to me, then I implore you, tell me!”

She stepped back from the podium now, leaning her head up to look at the crowd once more, gulping as she gathered her breath, staring at the somewhat silent group. People were talking amongst themselves, a few people were clapping, but not a lot. It wasn’t anything spectacular, but, she couldn’t say she didn’t expect such a reaction. Sighing quietly to herself, Midori bowed, before speaking up a final time. “Once more, my name is Midori Ningyou! Thank you for letting me be your Kazekage, and thank you for listening! I hope I do you proud!” she declared, stepping back and walking towards the edge of the stage, to join those of the council who no doubt had more formalities for her to do. Her chest felt heavy, and her real hand shivered slightly, indiscernibly beneath the robes. The reality of her new life had hit her now. The responsibilities she would have to face, and the hatred her own people would feel for her if she makes a single mistake.

After the speech is over...

"...Maybe there's still a bit of hope after all..."

Normally, someone like this would probably piss Lynn off. He would have walked away, cursing the world for all its stupidity, and would have just dragged himself along like usual. But no...this woman...something was different about her. Every word that slipped out of her lips tingled Lynn's heart, and chipped away at his insecurities, nearly bringing him to tears as it went on. Why did everything she say sound so sincere? Why was he feeling any of these conflicting emotions at all? Well, it was probably since all his introversion was out of denial. If he was going to be moved by this speech, he should act on what she says and help her, and the village, reach a point to where they were a force to be reckoned with, and in a state of prosperity. But, would going after this risk him creating bonds with someone? Would it bring enough stress to activate his Sharingan? Would it create a feeling of pride, which could lead to a greed for power? All those thoughts are still what prevented Lynn from embracing the Kage's words, and keeping it to heart. However...her reassurance at least ensured, whatever happened, it would be a bit easier to live on. He could probably forgive any mistake she might make, as long as it wasn't too huge, too. All he knew was...he had a feeling, Midori would do Sunagakure, and the Ninja World, proud, and make it a better place for everyone to live in. At least...he hoped.

-Word Count: 1662-

Last edited by Lynn Uchiha on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Otter Aiden

Otter Aiden

D-rank
Aiden would finally return to the village, defeated and discouraged, his bloody and torn pink shirt and black pants now having dirt upon them, making him look somewhat worse for wear, despite the only thing that was injured about him being his spirit. It was with a heavy heart that he would finally reach Sunagakure once more, his new home that was thrust upon him, and his new cage that he felt like he should escape. "Return to your cage, creature" was all that would ring through his head as he would wait along with a few others to be permitted access back into the village, the surrounding environment seemingly just passing by him like the motions through someone asleep, and he would pay about the same amount of attention to them as well. He was within a hair's reach of finally getting his revenge, only for it to be foiled, and for him to leave with even less than empty hands, as not only had he failed to get there on time, he had failed overall in keeping his current state a secret. There was no doubt that his master knew about him currently, and considering how he helped in ruining some of his business affairs, there would be no doubt that a storm would come soon, making things even worse than before.

All he would hear is some offhand comment about how he looked, though would be allowed in nonetheless thanks to the headband he used to help signify that he was a Shinobi of the village. He could care less about what was said, or how he looked at this moment. His eyes were focused on the ground, his pointed ears were lowered, and overall his tail was unmoving. He just wanted to head home, to sleep for a few days and try to put this in the back of his mind, and to find comfort in the arms of Zaiaku. He would hear something though that would put a damper on those plans, where two passerby were talking about how today would be the day of the inauguration, where they would gain a new Kazekage, one to replace the previous, missing one, and this would be something that, even through his depressive state, piqued his curiosity.

He would arrive to the site where the stage would be, seeing that someone had stepped onto it with what looked like various forms in his hand, moving towards a gourd with ribbons of various colors tied around it. The individual that approached would wear formal attire of a dull color scheme, one of which consisted of various shades of beige and brown, with the only colorful thing being a red scarf, one of which seemingly flowed down behind him. He was certainly in the advanced stages of his lifetime, which his grey, slicked back hair and a wrinkled, unblemished face. The already gossiping crowd around the Chuunin went silent as Aiden himself stood there in the midst of them, his bloodied and torn clothes not exactly being the greatest outfit to wear to such an occasion, but it was all he had on at this moment. All in all, he almost wondered if he stuck out like a sore thumb, but screw it if he did.

The council of the village seemingly gathered around on stage as well, and then what appeared to be a female, whose robe was clearly oversized for her, appeared next, with someone that had his own personal guards stepping forth soon afterwards. The elderly man had already spoken up, but all Aiden could do was look at the Kazekage, and then towards the man who had guards standing so close to him, almost as if he were fearful of what would happen even if they remained a meter away. It was.. distasteful, at least in his opinion. The guy was clearly someone of status, but if he can't stand on his own two feet and ditch his guards for a few moments, he wasn't worth the time. Otter would spit on the ground before him, directly towards this man, and would instead keep his focus upon the robed individual and her council, listening to them and no longer giving whoever that man was his time.

He announced how they were here today to inaugurate the fifteenth Kazekage, offering a formal welcome to her and introducing her as Midori Ningyou, asking for the crowd to give a welcome to her, and ending with a statement of looking forward to working with her in the future. Then, the person with status stepped forwards, clad in green fabrics and gems of different colors, with silver and gold on him as well. His very appearance was an insult, with a presence that radiated arrogance. It made Aiden wish to shove that long nose of his into the scorpion den and see how many stingers can sting it at once. He wasn't anyone special, just another holder of this cage, and one of which clearly had little interest in being here. The Kazkage stepped forwards too, with her dress of robes and a soft face, something more appealing to the eye than the snooty garbage near her. He must admit however that with the oversized clothes and the Kage hat she looked a bit like a mushroom, with long black hair flowing freely from the hat itself.

The female and the garbage stepped towards one another seemingly, with the Kage pulling her sleeve back, revealing a pale arm, the hand of which was met by the hand of the rich bastard. As he walked away afterwards, Aiden couldn't help but raise his left hand for a few moments, raising a finger to the man, the middle one to be exact, the message clear as he held it for a few moments before lowering it. "Good riddance." He would say quietly, returning his attention to the Kazekage alongside the rest of the crowd. The Kazekage would be all that's left on the stage and, as she stepped toward, it seems she was preparing to speak as well. She would address them directly, introducing herself as Midori of the Ningyou Clan and declaring herself further as a medic first and foremost. She would announce that she is to be their new Kazekage, the new leader of the pack, and that she can understand that they may have some doubts as she is a new face, one of which was young and appearing inexperienced, but she hopes to do them all proud. The years were rough, and it's without a doubt that they have been lawless, abandoned by themselves, lost, and abandoned by those that are in a position where they should have guided them. Like many of them, she was a Genin as well not long ago, and she has little interest in politics, and simply put, she can understand why they wouldn't trust her.

Right now, they lack help, been left alone, and have issues, but a grain of sand on its own is little to the winds. They are the village hidden in sand, but they are more, as they are the desert, unified grains of sand that stand together, creating a dune of unending potential, with an oasis laying beyond. They have done amazing things as a village in history, and they have time and time again proven to be the ultimate defensive shinobi, with those that don't understand them being unable to defeat them. The different lands have mountains, trees, military and cliffs, but they have survival, the ability to live this long without a leader, and while casualties and crime are at an all new high, this is her home, and this is their home. They are a sandstorm, a hurricane of dust that survives, and while she won't speak ill of their neighbors in different villages and countries, she is proud of their survival, and that if she were to fail, they would pick up the slack. She promised to not fail them, however, as she stood in their shoes before, and as a result they are her comrades, her family, and her friends.

She then said something fairly surprising, showing a lack of worry in the village itself, expressing a hope to work alongside them and do what she can to help out, to power crime and to lower the deaths, and that she only asks them to try with her and to not lose hope, as even two grains is sand can tip a scale. But what happens when one has already lost hope? What happens when their lost hope is not from the state of the village, but rather their being apart of the village in the first place, this cage that has its own rich, arrogant monsters running it? Should one still retain hope then, when they have been trying to escape this cage? As he thought these thoughts however, he noticed something different between this Kage and her council and, especially, the man that walked off. She actually believed in this, with her emotions clearly being present from the gripping of the gourd and her gasping, even shaking her head before trying to regain her composure.

This definitely caught his attention, and his favor. Aiden, being someone that has been slowly growing to dislike the village, to disliking how the people within it are, it was something that he appreciated seeing. The strong feelings of someone that cares, and while she may have regained her composure just then, it won't remove what he had just seen. She continued to claim that when crime is down and they're are in a state to call themselves one of the five once more that she will happily step aside, and to tell her if they feel she does badly. She is little more than another shinobi, and she will do little more than fight for the village, acting as the first line of defense and dying if it meant protecting a single person. She hopes to make peace with those that forgotten them and to remind the rest of the world that Suna still stands as the most resilient village, the village the will never die, ending this long speech seemingly with a request to guide her so she can become the Kazekage they need, and to tell her if they have any objections.

The Chuunin couldn't help but smile a little at this, and while the crowd overall was seemingly silent, he would be among the few that clapped, his tail wagging slightly at the idea of this person leading them. A person that feels, it was something he always liked to see, and it was something the reminded him of Misami. This Kazekage of theirs would repeat her name and thanking them for not only being their Kazekage, but for also listening. "Great speech!" He would yell out towards the leaving Kazekage. He was not someone that had spent the numerous hard years in Sunagakure, so he didn't share the distrust some others may have, and so he was willing to place his hat in for support of this person. This may be a cage, but if this cage has someone that actually cares in charge, perhaps it can be one worth remaining in.

Wc 1897

Rokumaru

Rokumaru

D-rank
LONG LIVE THE KAZEKAGE!!!:

Kuno

Kuno

D-rank
Kuno Uchiha had heard from a stranger on the streets that the fifteenth Kazekage of the Village Hidden in the Sands would be inaugurated today. He had been walking along, minding is own business when he was stopped in the street and handed a piece of paper by an older man who seemed bored and uninterested. When he tried to ask what the flyer he had received was about, the man had just grunted and walked away. Upon further inspection Kuno realized that it was an advertisement of some sort commemoration of the occasion. Kuno shook his head. Another Kage to rise up and fall away. I almost feel bad for whoever got the job…and yet…Kuno’s curiosity had gotten the better of him, and before he knew it, he was heading to where the inauguration speech was to occur.

The crowd that now surrounded him as he sat on a barrel leaning against a building was less of a crowd and more of an interested grouping of random people. It was not big enough to be a crowd in Kuno’s mind; he would know, as he hated crowds. As the young Uchiha glanced around, he only saw impatience and pity from a group of people that had become jaded to the position of Kazekage. They’re here out of some sort of twisted obligation. Nothing else. Kuno raised his eyes to the stage ahead of him and watched as the Daimyo stepped forward, announcing in a clear voice the name of the new Kazekage. Midori Ningyou….never heard of her. Kuno shrugged to himself, watching on at the girl who stepped forward. Her robe was too big and her face was too young. Kuno immediately felt himself passing judgment on her before she had even spoken. Give her a chance at least. It’s not everyday we get a Kazekage after all…

After shaking the Daimyo’s hand she stepped forward to the podium and rested her hands on the sides of it before finally beginning. Kuno frowned slightly, staring back at the blue eyes that now scanned the crowd. Finally, she spoke.

“People of Sunagakure! As you’ve been told, I am Midori. I am from the Ningyou clan, and I am a medic first and foremost. As you have likely gathered, and am hoping is apparent, I am to be your new Kazekage. I can understand that you may have some doubts. I am, after all, a new face. I am young, and I appear inexperienced. To be honest, I have some doubts myself. Yet, I hope to do you all proud! The years have been rough, there is no denying that. We have been lawless. We have been abandoned by ourselves, lost, and without any guidance. Abandoned by those we had in a position where they were to guide us. Like many of you, I was a genin not long ago. Politics is not something I have much interest in, as I’m sure many of you don’t, and quite simply, I can understand you probably don’t trust me.

But enough about me. I don’t have any worries about the village! I hope to do my best to work alongside you all, and to do what I can to help out! I will do what I can to lower the crime! I will do what I can to lower the deaths! I only ask you! Please! Try with me! Do not lose hope! Even two grains of sand can tip a scale! So please!”

The girl began gasping and gripping the podium before her with all of her might. For a moment, Kuno thought she was going to cry. But in a show of great resolve, she pushed through it. “Please…” she repeated, her head shaking as she stood up straight once again. Her voice resumed its calm state as she continued. “I will not fail. And I swear to you, when the violence is down, when people feel safe, and when we are once more in a state to call ourselves one of the five, one of the strongest. When we are at that point once more, I will happily step aside if you all wish me to. If you feel I do badly, then tell me. If you feel I do well, then I am glad, but if you feel I do badly, please, let me know! I am little more than another shinobi, and I will do little more than fight for this village. I will act as our first line of defense, and I will die if it means I can protect a single soul! I won’t pretend we can do it alone. I hope we can make peace with those that have forgotten us. To remind the rest of the world that here stands Suna, the most resilient village! We are the village that will never die! And I will ensure that with my body if I must! Tell me when I make a mistake! I am young! I am weak! Guide me so that I can become the Kazekage that you need! If you have any objections to me, then I implore you, tell me!”

Kuno smiled at that. Well, at least she knows what she’s getting into. Kuno knew that people would hate her just because of her title, and by welcoming criticism, he knew that she was opening up a can of worms that would haunt her for all of her administration. But she must know that too. And for that, she has earned my respect. She stepped back from the podium and looked over the crowd once more before concluding her speech with a bow, and a brief address. “Once more, my name is Midori Ningyou! Thank you for letting me be your Kazekage, and thank you for listening! I hope I do you proud!” she declared proudly. And as soon as it had begun, it was over. She stepped back to her place on the stage, her chest heaving and the nervousness setting into her face.

Kuno held his smile, listening to some of the murmers around him. One young man called out something about the speech, whereas another yelled at the top of his lungs. "Long live the Kazekage!! Long live Sunagakure!!" Kumo could not help but chuckle at that shaking his head but feeling a strange sense of hope that he did not expect. Maybe she wont be so bad after all. Before he could stop himself, he found himself clapping loudly, hoping that the new Kazekage could hear his approval from her spot. But he wouldn’t speak out. Not yet at least. He began to move through the shadow of a crowd that was starting to muster itself so that he could be near the front for whatever would happen next. Yes you’ve certainly caught my attention, Lady Midori….

WC: 1498

Anon Brier

Anon Brier

D-rank
Anon lazily rolled out of bed, falling onto the ground. He was still asleep, and hadn't woken up until a knock came to his door, and he started, knocking into his bedside table and dropping an empty sake bottle upon his head. He cursed in pain and pushed himself up to sit on the balls of his feet, rubbing the sore spot on the back of his head furiously until the pain subsided. The knock came again, more fervent in nature, and with a groan, the young ninja stood and ambled his way to the door, muttering that he was coming when he came. He was clad only in his shinobi tights, without a shirt, tabi, or anything else save for the belt he wore with his hitai-ate combined into it showing that he was indeed a ninja of some worth. As he reached the door, he tried to open his eyes fully, sleep still pulling the lids closed a bit so he had to squint to see anything and he then gripped the handle, turning the knob and pulling back to open the door. He looked around, sticking his head out the door to stare down the gloomy hallway of his market district apartment's building. He saw no one, no knocker, no shadows running off, nothing. He was about to close the door and go back in to sleep once more when he felt a tug on his tights and a small squeaking voice spoke.

"Mr. 'Non, you say to tell you when the kazekage was 'nnounced. They startin' it now. Better hurry, or they be done 'fore you get dere."

He looked down into the aquamarine eyes of a young child, one of the neighbours he had in his building's son. He had asked the young man and his parents to keep him updated on the situation of the new kazekage, and let him know if anything changed. Apparently the new one was being inaugurated at this moment, or very soon. He smiled and rubbed the kid's head, tousling his hair and walking back into his apartment, leaving the door open. The child followed him in and plopped on his futon, kicking his legs while he watched the ninja get ready for such an important occasion. First impressions were everything and the young genin wanted to dress accordingly to the celebration so that he would stand out for his new kage. He slipped on his netted shinobi shirt, and over it the top for his shinobi gi. He pulled the black belt from the ground and wrapped it around towards the back, then bringing it to the front, and tied it tightly. The belt of his was just under the edge of the top and perfectly fit to show his village pride. After which, Anon pulled on a clean pair of tabi and his cloth hand guards, tying the strings around the guards so they wouldn't fall or move. When he was done with that he pulled on his silent step sandals, tied them and moved to where he had laid his swords and his tool pouch containing the scrolls, one of which had his kunai and shuriken sealed inside. He attached the pouch to his belt towards his front left, and then grabbed his swords and their sheaths, keeping them inside the sheaths, and slipping the sheaths into the loops on the back of his belt that was specifically designed to hold them.

He was ready and he looked rather decent if he had to say so himself. He was walking towards the door when the young child ran up to him, holding his mask up. Anon would have completely forgotten it. With a smile once more, he took the mask and pulled the stretchy material over his head to fit on his throat, while covering from the middle of his nose down. The violet color matched what parts of his hair were still purple perfectly. It had been a while since he'd last dyed his hair, more from laziness than anything else and his roots were showing their snow white color, being almost half of the length of his hair now. He'd need to make a decision on whether to keep the white or dye it again soon, but not today. Today he'd have to deal with people seeing his true hair color because more important things were happening. The child followed him out of his apartment and after they both exited, Anon locked the door and followed the young squirt down the hallway and then down the stairs to go out of the building. He could see a few people heading out of the bazaar area towards the center of the village, where something was obviously going on. If he hurried, he could probably find out what.

He waved to the child who ran off to find his mother and took off running himself. He wanted to make it in time so that he didn't miss anything but he was pretty sure that wasn't going to happen. He ducked through a few stalls and dodge people on his way to the event, yelling back a "sorry" and "watch out!" every once in a while to the people he'd almost trampled or who had pushed carts in his way. He wasn't going to miss one of the most important days of the village's time. If this Kazekage was as good as he hoped then he was going to be thrilled with the event. If not, he would probably just be feeling the same as he, and many others had before: apathetic and distrusting. He stopped running as he neared the event and kept a quick walking pace while thinking. 'What if this Kazekage didn't even show up? It's not unlike them to not be there when you need em. So, it wouldn't be unlikely this one ditched the ceremony.' Anon sighed at this thought because it was one of the most likely things to happen given the history they had with the Kazekages. He was so lost in thought he barely noticed bumping into an onlooker who was watching with slight disinterest at a stage amid the center.

There weren't a large amount of people here, given the village's population, but a fair number of people had shown up and apparently one was some flashy guy in a robe that looked to be high class work. He then noticed coming to the center stage was a walking robe? No, this was the Kazekage, they were just much too short for the robe themselves and couldn't actually fit it well. Quietly he pushed past people as politely as possible, making his way to the very front, stopping and crossing his arms. He could see clearly now this was a female, with long raven hair and a timid look. At least, it was timid to him, but she did have a soft voice as she introduced herself. Midori Ningyou was the name and she started a long spiel, presumably either a prepared speech or something she was making up on the fly. It was a bit too close for Anon to tell, since it was the right amount of cheesy lines and empty words mixed with a sure voice and conviction in ones' words. Time would tell if she meant all of what she was saying, and Anon's hazel hues stared straight into her own.

As the speech went on, she got more into it, showing true emotion in her words. But words from someone in this office were just like the words of any average joe you meet on the street: empty without actions to back them up. Anon apathetically stared at the woman and yawned once or twice as she spoke. He wasn't really sure he could believe everything she was saying without first seeing her act and do something for the village other than take up the highest office they had. It was a tough job to be sure, but who's to say she was cut out for it? Nearing the end of her speech she had raised her head and looked about the crowd, asking that if any doubted her fit for the office to tell her, and help her correct her behaviour and yadda yadda. No one had spoken up as of yet, which was just like Anon had figured it to be. Those that wanted to speak up, him included, had probably figured out by now that one should give their new leader a chance in office before pointing out flaws and deciding if that leader was good for the village or not. Sure, he had objections and thoughts of his own, but he wasn't going to speak upon them. Yet. Not until he got a feel for how she was in office and what type of approaches she took towards what was going on.

When her speech ended she retreated back with the others to the edge of the stage. The entire time, since he had arrived, Anon's hazel eyes had never left the face of his new kage, and they didn't start now. He had an almost bored look on his face as he stared, almost disinterested. He was sizing her up, judging her words, and weighing his options on whether to follow blindly as the others would, or critique the new leader. A few people applauded and he heard shouting from somewhere behind him: "Long live the Kazekage! Long live Sunagakure!" The voice sounded rather familiar, but he didn't turn to check who it was. No, he was going to keep his eyes on the new leader, looking for signs of weakness and conviction to stand by her words and do what she would promise. His eyes moved about her body, searching her body language. It was hard to tell, given the overly large robe she wore but he could almost swear on one arm he saw faint trembling. He couldn't be sure so he didn't think much of it. After he had finished scanning her body, he looked back to her face, quietly contemplating.

WC: 1,715

Lux

Lux

D-rank
Tilting the bottle up again, his head would lean back drawing the bottle up and away from his mouth, allowing the last few trickles of lukewarm water to drizzle into his parched mouth. As his head lent back, the hood shielding him from the glare of the sun, dropped back drooping over his shoulders as the bulk of it sagged at his back, reaching no lower than the middle of his shoulder blades; exposing his two toned hair of dark brown along the short and a golden yellow at length, both colour's, down to the root and strong features. 'empty?... again.' He would pass a hefty sigh, only further drying his throat, squeezing the now empty bottle as he pulled it away, crushing it in his grasp as he righted his head. Running his tongue along the roof of his mouth before trailing over the dry surface of his lip's attempting to coat them in a layer of saliva, only for the moisture to evaporate quickly.  His free hand would shift to return to cap to the crushed water bottle, running his thumb along it from its tip to his palm sealing the cap at an angle before stepping over to slide empty bottle into the seemly sparsely used bin. Looking around the bin itself as he slipped the bottle in, easily noting the litter around, such simply showing the little care many had. He was home, and home so far hadn't seemed to have changed much in his absence.

His right hand would dip into his jacket pocket, retrieving a warped packet only to look at it with dismay.
'Just one left?... I could have sworn there were more...' Gripping the packet with his middle and index fingers accompanied by his thumb he would glide the hand back into the pocket, using his ring and pinky finger to search the barren contents of his pocket; save for a few bits of tobacco leaf that had escaped the packet. "Fuck." Such being the only word he could muster followed by another deeper sigh 'I could have sworn...' Lightly shaking his head he would chew the inside of his cheek edging close to his lips on the right side, 'I'll have to get more.' as he pulled his hand from it's pocket again muttering almost inaudibly once again "fuck." He would take more of a grip on the packet curling his ring and pinky finger around it, before edging his hand up it a touch. Using his thumb and index finger to grip at the bud of the cigarette guiding it up, slowly raising his hand as his head lent down to take the bud of the cigarette between his lips, drawing it from the packet as he lent his head up. Tilting the box onto downwards as a forty-five degree angle his lighter would shift inside, dropping from one end to the other in the process, His left hand would  move to meet the packet, drawing the lighter out with his middle finger and thumb before palming the lighter. Screwing the packet up he would toss that in the bin to meet his empty water bottle.

His pale mint green eyes would scan over the area, quiet... almost eerily so. Shaking his head again he were still cautious, though after the institute it were far more prominent a quality in him now. The slums might look quiet, but there were always something happening, always someone about. But this were the turf he grew up in... that used to mean something, once upon a time. Still, he didn’t know who ran the joint now, who they rivaled against and what specifically was classed as trespassing, so for the time being he would simply seek out a shop, only then continue his search of the slums. He stepped off heading for the Grand Bazzar area in search of a shop of some sort, any that sold cigarette's, tobacco even and a cool water would do just fine. Raising the lighter to the cigarette to light it; striking the pad of his thumb against the flint wheel, giving a spark before a soft flame, enough to light his bad habit. Taking a deep inhale to fill his lungs with smoke, a satisfied humm would vibrate from within his throat before exhaling through his nose, the smoke exiting in think tendrils before fading into the air, quite like how a dragon could be imagined. Something beneath his flesh would writhe causing the surface of his skin to ripple, almost as though in a mix of distaste and need. Even if he stumbled along an old friend or old foe... someone he could consider new, it didn’t matter. Seeing someone he recognized would be enough for him, now he were home he longed for a familiar face. It had been so very, very long... He didn’t actually know who he would recognize or if any would recognize him. He would wonder down the alleyways finding some of the old routes barred off, causing his journey to last a little longer before finding his way. As far as familiar face's go, he didn’t even recognize the stall keeper as he approached quickly scanning his gaze over the middle aged man.  

Approaching the stall his left hand would dip into his trouser pocket keeping out the wallet inside, for now it's contents would do. He had so far not been noticed, at least he didn’t think he had, so he had avoided going to his old accommodation or a bank to get necessities. He were supposed to be arriving with an escort or two after all in time for a meeting; more of an assessment really, before attending the inauguration of the new Kazekage. The arrival of the new Kazekage being the only reason for his release. Just as he had eyed the stall keep the male would eye him. Lux's right hand would move to retrieve his almost finished cigarette trapping it between his middle and index fingers, far down his fingers resting close to his knuckles before turning his palm to face the man in a greeting. His lips would peel up into a, for lack of a better term, charming smile for the male, softening his features to an almost innocent appearance. He had no hitai-ate, nor shinobi tools to distinguish him from the civilians of Sunagakure No Sato as he stepped up to the counter keeping his charming smile as he spoke "Greeting's Sir, I'd like a packet of 'lucky strike' at their strongest and a bottle of water please." His luxuriously deep, somewhat raspy voice rang out smoothly, save for it's slight crack at the end due to how dry his throat were, causing him to clear his throat after speaking. The stall keeper would turn away grasping the packet of lucky stroke from the lock cabinet before grasping for a bottle of water, much to Lux's delight, from the cooler before returning "that'll be nine ryo... say I haven't seen you around before... where ya from?" The male kept a hold of the goods as he spoke waiting first for payment. Lux would deposit the cigarette back to his lips before sorting out the ryo with both hands, carefully watching his actions, speaking out the corner of his mouth "I'm a son of Sunagakure, born and raised in the dune's." Reaching over he would exchange the money for his goods, glancing at the males skeptical look as he stuffed the packet of lucky strike into his jacket pocket. Taking a drag of the cigarette before removing it in somewhat of the same manner as before, continuing to speak, "I've been away is all... traveling." Pausing briefly as he kept his pale gaze on the male "though to be fair, I don't recognize you."

Giving one last stern look the man actually cracked a slight smirk before leaning his forearms down against the counter as he spoke "Fair point, fair point 'son of Suna', well welcome back for all it's worth. You certainly came back at the right time apparently the new Kazekages Inauguration is going off at some point today, not sure if something like that would interest you." Even now it still amazed how loose a person's lips often become within his company whilst his own were always watched carefully. "ouh? I were under the impression I had missed the event." Using his index finger he would stub out the almost dead cigarette, raising a small searing sound following a short tendril of smoke, before leaning over to one side to drop the bud into the bin beside the stall. As he lent back the skin of his hand would squirm before smoothing off leaving the skin clean and clear of any wound the  action could have caused. The stall keeper blinked a few times looking over at him. Feeling the man's gaze on him he would bring his attention back to the male whilst undoing his water bottle, raising a brow. The male would shake his head blinking again visibly arguing within himself as to weather or not he actually saw what he thought he had. Lux bit back a chuckle instead opting to bring his water to his lips as the male regained his composure. Taking a few gulps of the water whilst the male spoke "You know I could have sworn the inauguration were happening sometime around now of not soon, I'm sure you could make it if you head there." Lux would give a nod returning the cap to the bottle finding he had already drank a third of the contents. "Sure thing, but I think I'll take the same order again, and throw in a lighter, if you please." Snapping out of his relaxed state as the male remembered he were working, he attempted to put of his best work façade, nodding "no problem." The man would scurry about at a much quicker pass than before. Returning to place the order on the counter plus another bottle of water. Lux's brow would arch before the male spoke quickly "seem's like your gonna need it, if your planning to stay out in the sun... it might take ya a while before ya used ta the sun again." Quickly adding at the end "that ones on the house. No strings." His brow would relax as he gave a light shrug, leaning to withdraw a hand from his heather sack to that he could place the water and extra cigarette packet into in, before slipping it back on, slipping the fresh lighter into his trouser pocket. "Thank's Sir, it's appreciated."  Shifting his shoulders as he straightened the straps, he would raise his hand holding the opened bottle to give a short goodbye gesture; keeping his thumb and index curled around the bottle, as his other fingers extended. Stepping away he would flash another charming smile at the male only to hear him call after him "Make sure you stop by again sometime 'son of Suna.'" Lightly shaking his head a subtle chuckle would leave his throat as he headed towards the center of the village knowing that along the way he would at least hear more of a commotion so that he could follow that to the Inauguration... hopefully at least.

Much sooner than he had expected, not so much a commotion more so the sound of a females voice, ranting on about something filled his ear's. Turning in the voices direction he would pause to listen picking up, on the wind, a small section of her … speech?
'The New Kazekage?' He would take a quick chug of his water keeping it in his mouth, as though to use it as a swill for a moment before swallowing as he headed off following the sound of what he could only assume to be the new Kazekage's voice. Rightly so apparently, her voice would lead in right to her. Pausing along the shadows for a moment he would simply look around before turning his gaze up to the female apparently midway through her speech. 'what a shame, she seems really heartfelt and I missed it's beginning.' The simple thought would cross through his mind as he absentmindedly retrieving one of the fresh packs of lucky strike from his pocket, clutching the old lighter against the packet. Repositioning the water bottle to rest in the grip of his ring and pinky fingers pressing it against his palm he would freely hold the packet as his other hand removed the cigarette immediately posting it between his awaiting lips, his skin would writhe with anticipation at the oncoming, rush and violation of the smoke. Slipping the pack back into his pocket, shifting to quickly light it as he freely strolled down towards the stage, the crowd being scarce and sporadic enough for such an action. Coming to a halt he would drop his lighter into his pocket before placing the bottom of the bottle against his hip, to take a better grip of it before allowing his arm to sag by his side once more. Exhaling through his nose, strong tendrils of smoke would exit through his nose, repeating her words in his head, ' She doesn’t have any worries about the village... hn who is she kidding the village has always been more worries than anything else... I worry about the village still.' more so to make a light comment within his own mind than to make a down-heartening comment. His pale mint green gaze would stray from the Kazekage to wonder along the small collection of people that surrounded him close to the stage. Well some certainly seemed patriotic whilst others, the only people that stood out being the shinobi at least looked presentable for the moment from what he could see. He wondered if he would have been happy to get his glad rags on, or would have been forced to, if he had arrived as planned... it seemed more likely that he wouldn't have made it at all. So for now  dressed in simple black army boots, baggy dull combat trousers, with a dull grey t-shirt; such clinging tightly to his well shaped torso, maybe a size too small, covered in a zip up hooded jacket keeping it open of course, would simply have to do. The same going for his late appearance.  

His focus would return to the Kazekage as she finished off her speech by thanking those around, he would remember this woman's child like face. Burning the image of her into his mind as she wandered to the back of the stage hearing a voice just ahead call out. His right hand would raise taking the cigarette from his lips just as a loud uprawr came from a young very clearly patriotic young lad, off to the side of him, the sudden and unexpected cheer catching him off guard enough to slightly clog his throat with smoke, making him clear his throat as he glanced at the young lad having thought the shouting, though short had stopped. He would smile shaking his head at his own reaction as he flicker the ash from his cigarette, returning it to his mouth to take another drag as he rose his hands together giving a light clap, losing himself in his thoughts once more
'So, Ningyou, Midori... Sama, you're the reason I were able to come home...' He would remain for a short time simply enjoying his cigarette and the sound of the people chattering around him. He was home, finally.

wc: 2597.

Midorii

Midorii

D-rank
As she stepped off the stage, behind and concealed from view for the moment from the public eye, Midori’s anxieties found themselves eased at the sound of the reception. While there were a fair few people in silence, there was also an aura of pride, and people that seemed pleased, or inspired. The people that applauded brought a smile to her lips, and the cheers and words stated by others – all of it just made her feel more confident in her position, and future. Without any formalities or regard to herself, the Daimyo had already left, likely gone before Midori had even finished the speech. She didn’t particularly mind, or expect little else. This was a formality; Midori was a new Kage, and the Daimyo had a reputation for not being the most overt of people. The council meanwhile, gathered around, discussing among themselves about things of where to progress, matters that were more professional and getting on with things. They didn’t care for the existence of a new Kage, not while she had yet to do anything.

As Midori approached the council, she found herself taking the hat off, allowing the gentle breeze of the desert village to provide some relief to the stress she had ignored until now. Her face stayed softened as she watched one of the council member’s approach, posture firm, with a long scar running down the side of their face. “Welcome to being the new Kazekage, Miss Midori. If you will, please hand your robe and hat to the ANBU to your left, who will place them in your office for you to wear at formal occasions. For now, I suggest you prepare yourself to get to work. This isn’t going to be sunshine and daisies.” They stated with a tone of stone, gaze fixated on Midori for a moment, in an almost judgemental way, before moving on to re-join their peers and talk about something Midori had no interest in eavesdropping on.

Instead, she did as instructed, turning and walking to an owl masked ANBU clad in beige, first handing the ANBU the hat, with the inside facing up so as to not risk it getting damaged by the robes that were going to be on top of it shortly. Next, being careful to not fall over while doing so, she lifted the robes that were too large for her own persons, raising them over her head, before being careful to fold them, attempting to fold any creases out that she can, and gently placing it in the hands of the ANBU. As she stepped away, the robes in the arms of the ANBU, it didn’t take long for the masked shinobi to flicker away, the dust and sand at their feet clouding and scattering as they disappeared in an instant.

Not wishing to waste time, the new Kage turned, walking away. She had to get on with things, and it was important to get a start on that at the very least. Yet, she wanted to do something else first. Putting up a hand to form the appropriate seal, Midori used the transformation technique. Her face became that of a rather soft faced male, and her physique and attire changed to match – her attire was akin to what she had been wearing under the robes, with a yellow star at her left pectoral, and being sure to, as a detail, give herself a rather lithe figure like her normal self. Her legs were wearing shorts, and on her head was a nest of hair that was scruffy enough to be a bird nest. She muttered quietly to herself, her voice sounding a soft, yet still masculine. She smirked to herself then. It wasn’t the best disguise, and any chakra sensory would know it was a transformation, but, it worked for disguising herself as just another citizen. She wanted to get back without any trouble, yet also wanted to interact with the people – she wanted to know anything people would perhaps be deterred from saying out of fear of a corrupt Kage.

Not wanting to make her disguise for naught, Midori took the long way around, heading around the crowd before walking into it from the side, leaning against a barrel and looking around. She coughed, before deciding to give herself a cover for showing up late, blue eyes gazing around for anyone whose attention she could catch as she spoke. “Yo, I was busy working my store. Anyone mind filling me in about what all the fuss is over? Lotta people here. Lotta people.” She stated, doing her best impression of someone that lived in the slums, trying to seem down and jiggy with it. Well, not really. She just figured it’d be fun. There were plenty of people gossiping among themselves, so, rather than eavesdrop, she might as well gather public perception while a part of the public. Like manipulation, but, for positive reasons. Funipulation, if you will.

827 + 2215 = 3042

Chakra: 265/270 (-5 for transformation technique)

Jutsu used:

OOC: The posting order is myself - Lynn - Otter - Roku - Kuno - Anon - Lux~ Let's get this groovy thing back on track

Lynn Uchiha

Lynn Uchiha

D-rank
There were a rather large amount of people, more than Lynn expected, that started to cheer out for the new Kazekage. It only further emphasized she was going to be a symbol of hope for the people of Sunagakure, including himself. He felt like, if she kept to her word, and made this village a better place for them all, it'd be easier, and less scary, for him to break out of his insecurities. In fact, he was so moved as of now, that he decided it might be okay to socialize...

“Yo, I was busy working my store. Anyone mind filling me in about what all the fuss is over? Lotta people here. Lotta people.”

What do you know? There's an opening right there. Lynn would overhear this gruffy, masculine voice, breaking him out of the trance he was currently in after the glorious little speech. Somehow, despite being so close, someone didn't see, nor hear, this historical event happening. Of course, Lynn didn't know they "recently" shown up, since he was in his own thoughts. It did seem a bit odd to him, but, he was in a good mood; mind as well try to educate him, right? As such, Lynn would shake his head, and turn around, walking in the direction of the mysterious figure. As soon as he felt their body within the ground with his feet, he stopped, making sure to keep personal space, so none of them felt too uncomfortable. With that, he tried to put his eyes on them, but since he was as blind as one could get, they stared absently towards their shoulder instead of their face. Though, it was obvious Lynn's attention was on them.

"...You, didn't know what just happened?In that case...you missed out on the greatest thing ever to happen here. At least, from what I've noticed so far. We just got introduced to the new Kazekage, named Midori Ningyou. And...wow...everything she said to us, about what she'd do for the village, make everything better again...I never heard anything so genuine. It doesn't feel like the an empty lie, just to gain our trust...and coming from me, that says a lot. Normally, I wouldn't even be talking to a random stranger like you right now! I feel, almost...safe. Like it truly will be okay.

As he talked, it was certainly obvious Lynn was a shy soul, his foot sheepishly playing with the sand, and his fingers fiddling and adjusting his lightly-tinted sunglasses. His face told that he was wanting to doubt everything that happened, but he just simply couldn't; he was touched at the heart. The speech made him open up, more than he usually would, that's for damn sure. There's even a hint of a smile on his face, as he basically fanboys over what's to come. Hope; that's the simplest word to describe the feeling he extruded now.

-Word Count: 1662 + 505 = 2167-

Misao

Misao

D-rank
Misao loved her family dearly. They were an odd bunch to be sure, but they were her family all the same. Take her older siblings, for instance. They were twins and seemingly polar opposites of each other. Chie was the type of person that never held back. She did what she wanted to when she wanted to. She wore her heart on her sleeve and a smile on her face. Reiko, on the other hand, was the embodiment of restraint. She was inexpressive, calm and poise. It showed in her actions and posture. Grandmother Hana was similar. More expressive and regal, maybe, but their demeanor were quite similar. She was the matriarch of the family, with their mother gone. That left Misao's twin brother, Shinji. He was calm and laid back in almost any situation. He let himself be carried by what was around him without any care in the world. What he did, he did for his own enjoyment.

And then, of course, there was Misao - the only one of the bunch that didn't have silver hair and stood at a meager 4'9". She was the runt of the litter, the weakest one by far, the young priestess who was dedicated to peace. At the moment, she was assigned to carry the picnic basket, filled with treats that she herself had cooked under her grandmother's supervision. When she heard that they were going to have a picnic on the same day as the new Kazekage inauguration, she hadn't pictured it being in the middle of the inauguration.

Leave it to Chie to set up a picnic table in the middle of a crowd.

"Move aside! Coming through!" she said, casually holding a large wooden table above her head as she maneuvered through the tight crowd. Fortunately, the ceremony hadn't started yet, so at least they weren't interrupting any of the proceedings. Even so, Misao noticed the odd looks they were getting. She was apparently the only one that did. That, or she was the only one that bothered to feel self-conscious about it.

Reiko, poised as ever, looked at the gathered crowd with a hint of disdain. The energy surrounding her was enough to drive people away. It was fortunate for Chie. It let her plop the table in the middle of the crowd, leaving a small cloud of sand and dust.

"Misao, you can set the food down here," Chie said, motioning the the table.

Misao nodded and started unpacking the several sandwiches and baked goods that she has prepared. She had to say, she was quite proud of how they had turned out. She looked at them with a prideful smile before clapping her hands together and signaling that everything was ready. "Itadakimasu!" She said cheerfully.

The Kazekage was introduced as they began to eat. There stood the Council and the Daimyo on the stage, ready to present their new hand-picked leader to the people of Sunagakure. Misao had mixed feelings about the ordeal, to say the least. It hadn't been too long ago since her mother had occupied that position. The young girl couldn't help but picture her own mother standing there, waving to the crowds below. Now, the name Kuroka Gin was spoken with spite by most - the Kazekage  that left and abandoned them. The woman who was single-handedly responsible for Sunagakure's decline, the traitor that had aided one of Hao's followers in infiltrating the village. They were all wrong. Misao knew that. None of what they said was true. And even if it was, there had to be more to it, right? Her mother was a good person. She would never leave the village unless she had a good reason.

"Boo! Boo New Kage, boo!" Chie yelled at the top of her lungs. Just like that, Misao was abruptly snapped out of her line of thought.

"Neechan! You shouldn't do that!" Misao chastised, the surprise obvious in her tone. Chie was known to be blunt, but this was unexpected, even for her.

Ignoring her little sister, Chie continued. What was worse, Shinji decided to join in on the chanting. "Yeah! Boo! Get out of here, you bitch!" he chanted, much to Misao's shock.

"Let her be, Misao," her grandmother said offhandedly, pouring tea from a thermos into a cup."We never let her do what she wants. Today is as good a day as any," Hana chimed in calmly. Misao knew better, though. There was something off about her posture, her attitude. Grandmother placed a great amount of value on being polite and presentable. That she let Chie do what she wanted was almost as if she herself were yelling and protesting.

"Hana-Obaasan is right. Chie needs to do what she wants every once in a while, otherwise she'll burst and we'll lose the other half of the Estate's West Wing,"
Reiko added. Her words were calm but her fist was clenched tightly and her eyes were locked onto the new Kazekage with a fierce sense of rage.

Misao simply nodded quietly, unsure of what to do. She understood the sentiment, however. This was her mother's replacement, handpicked by the Council and the Daimyo - the very people that had expelled her mother from the village and branded her a traitor. These were the same people that held her and her family as hostages in case the former Kazekage ever decided to come back and claim her old title. Misao frowned as she looked up at the stage and listened to the speech. The new Kazekage spoke of the perseverance of Suna's people, how things would begin to change and how they would start to rebuild. Misao wanted to believe that - truly she did. But to her, rebuilding began with getting her mother back, with regaining her freedom. Maybe then she could explore the world like she had always wanted to. Maybe then she could see her mother again, after so many years. She felt her heart ache at the thought.

[1018]

Otter Aiden

Otter Aiden

D-rank
Aiden could hear voices come from nearby, ones that sung a different tune from the rest, booing the new Kage loudly, expressing distaste with her appointment, and while one voice exclaimed this distaste, another didn't seem to agree, telling whoever it was that they shouldn't do that. Another one chimed in, and as Otter focused on them both, he noticed that they sounded familiar, like he had heard them before. The male and female voices were ones he hadn't heard in a long time, and while the male one did call the new Kage "a bitch" for seemingly no reason at all, Otter couldn't care, as instead he would turn in the direction of these voices, a light smile appearing on his messy face. The booing was pretty easy to follow, as they continued on with it, definitely disliking this Midori person, but the entire time they did Otter himself was attempting to figure out where these voices were from.

"Hey, watch it!" "The hell, man?" Would be some of the voices that rang out from Aiden shoving through the crowd for a short distance. These people didn't matter right now, at least not in his head. One half was curiously trying to find the source of the booing while the other half was preoccupied with Daiki's own voice, the continuing ringing that went through his head. As he shoved through the last line of people, it would be then that he sees three recognizable faces, and two unrecognizable ones. He remembered those three from Takigakure, they were with that one lady, Gin he thinks it was. Chie, Reiko, and Shinji, he believes. They fought one another, and there was some kind of wheel that made the fighting chaotic.

He couldn't recognize the other two, though. One was an old lady, and the other was a short girl, didn't even look five feet tall but she still had that silver hair. They were all sitting at a picnic table with food, the appearance of which had made his stomach grumble with hunger. "I remember you guys, Chie, Reiko, and Shinji, right? Gin's kids. We did that wheel of misfortune game together, remember? Man, you were strong. Can I sit?" He would ask them with a smile on his face. With the torn and bloodstained clothes he wore he didn't exactly look the most presentable at the moment, but he didn't mind that too much, he was just happy to see some recognizable faces once again. Just seeing them again made his tail begin to wag slightly.

Wc 437

Twc 2334

Rokumaru

Rokumaru

D-rank
The reactions of the crowd didn't exactly spark hope in the redhead's heart as he heard an overwhelming amount of indifference, with many boos and a few cheers mixed in here or there. On one hand, Roku really couldn't blame the villagers of Suna for not sharing his optimism and faith in this new Kazekage. Many were old enough to remember the past few Kazekages, all who let their people down in one way or another, while the Sabaku Genin really didn't know of them beyond in contemporary biographies and the occasional trip to the Museum of Mystical Glass. That was why, on the other and much weightier hand, Roku felt irritated and bitter from the cynicism shown by the crowd. He hoped this young woman, Ningyou Midori, would prove them all wrong and become one of the best Kages that currently held their titles.

With the speech said and done, the speakers on the stage disappearing as their work was done, Roku figured he'd stick around as he was already out of the house. He'd already finished a few missions this past week, gate duty and a bit of merchant escorting, so he would have to wait a few days before his payment came through and could take a few more. Nor did he really want to head out to the Tsume Sand Grounds or out into the desert to do a bit of training, feeling like the short walk from home to here was already more than enough exercise for the day. He was already out and about out of the residential district so he may as well bother someone in the crowd, or stop by the tea house that masked shinobi Brier had taken him to. But before he could decide on anything to do, he spotted a friendly face between the crowd of people leaning up against a building, watching the new Kazekage and her inauguration from afar. Decision made for him, Roku jostled his way through the loitering crowd over to the chunky Chuunin he had recently became friends with.

"Hayo! You should've mentioned you were coming to the inauguration, we could've watched it together. Even a square like you is better company than half these people." Roku sidled up to the middle-aged shinobi and gave him an elbow in reprimand, a touch bitter he hadn't mentioned he would be here. "Figured you'd be baking in the sun out by the gate, bothering foreigners. I was just about to go do something elsewhere, wouldn't have even known you were here." The redhead leaned up against the building Hayo was and joined him in watching the crowd.

The large Kōga man just rubbed his bumped arm and chuckled, not sparing his company a glance. "Well there was no mistaking your shrill voice, Roku. Myself and half the village could hear you making an ass of yourself with your cheers." The redhead scowled, normally having takes the jab with ease but this time bothered as he did not think he had made a fool of himself. Often yes, he did something laughable, but pride for his village and its new Kage was not one such instance. "And what is that supposed to mean, exactly? Can't a young patriot show his support for Suna's new leader? She did not get the most warm welcome from these roaches." As he said this he scanned the faces of the crowd, wondering how many here were criminals and malcontents leeching of the life force of the village, having the gall to boo the Kazekage herself.

Hayo simply sighed at his younger counterpart. "This is your first inauguration, I take it?" Roku nodded, not exactly seeing where the man was going with this, and Hayo continued. "For many people, this is their third or fourth in the past 20 years. In the past many of those 'roaches' were like you; starry eyed and optimistic, ready for someone they could believe in." His fleshy face took on a sad look, remembering he himself had been one of those proud young people. "These days, you can hardly find someone worthy of wearing those robes. These people don't expect that Ningyou to last more than a few years, at best. There's no faith in our Kage anymore."

Roku knew Suna was in a depression, but he had to hold on to hope. "What could have happened to us to break our spirit like this? Surely we have had a few good Kaze in recent years, right?" Hayo turned his sad look on the boy, damping his bright mood. "We had a great Kazekage, once. Kuroka Gin was powerful as a shinobi and diligent as a leader. She led us for years through good times and bad, and she had the people's love and support." Roku felt pride well within him from hearing of this past Kage, knowing scant bits of her, but Hayo crushed that pride. "And where is she now, Rokumaru? Is she here helping beat down our criminals, building our wealth and protecting us. No, she's a missing-nin off gallivanting around while our village suffers." The Chuunin paid his respects to the woman with a glob of spit leaving his mouth, and a muttered curse under his breath.

It was a dour subject and one Roku really didn't have a comment for, allowing Hayo to continue. "The one after that was someone the people thought they could have faith in. And where is she now, I ask you? Not here doing her job." The man uncrossed his arms and rubbed a hand through his thinning sandy-blonde hair. "And now, years later, here is another woman claiming she can fix our problems if she has our support. Can you really blame these people for being skeptical, Roku? How many times have they held up hope in someone just for it to be shredded to bits. You can go along with your blind support if you want to, boy, but don't insult these people for not having the same optimism you do." With that he crossed his arms and continued to watch the crowd.

Roku was without anything to say at that point, really not a common occurrence. Sure, he still had hope that this Kazekage would be the one to lead the village back away from the brink of collapse. He still had hope that Suna's superiority could claw its way out of the filth and decay it was hidden under. But sometimes it helped to have another perspective around to shed a different light on things. Closing his mouth that was previously agape from surprise, Roku sighed dejectedly. The pale redhead crossed his arms and joined the older Chuunin in watching the faces of people passing by.

WC: 1779+1148=2927

Kuno

Kuno

D-rank
Kuno continued to watch as the new Kazekage stepped away from the podium slowly, and eventually made her way off of the stage. He watched her walk off beyond his view, and only once she had left, he stopped clapping. Chuckling again, he found himself thinking about how he was so quick to approve of her. She was young, that much was certain. But she also carried with her an aura of authority and hope that was encouraging for the Uchiha to see. With a smile on his face, he glanced around the crowd that he had moved up though and realized that he would not have to fight his way through that very same crowd one again. Shaking his head once again, he began the trek through the crowd, making slow progress as he listened to all of the voices murmuring around him.

Now that he was moving right through the crowd, he could hear the varying opinions much clearer than before when he had been behind the bulk of the attendants; now the one positive cheer was drowned out by a chorus of skepticism. He heard people comparing the new Kazekage to the more recent ones already. Some even said that she was probably already planning on leaving after seeing the amount of work that was ahead of her. Kuno was put off by these voices, but still remained silent. Despite the seemingly endless criticisms, Kuno’s opinion was holding firm. She seemed like she really cared about the people, and yes she was young and probably not as powerful as the other Kage of the neighboring nations, but the one thing that she could say is that she genuinely cared about her people. That was a good first step in Kuno’s voice.

This opinion was steadfast for most of his walk out of the crowd until he heard one voice say something that sent him into a spiral of doubt. “I don’t care what she says man. It’s just words. That’s all we have been given for years by our so called leaders. Words that are hallow when push comes to show. No, she may say that she cares about us. But what does she get for being Kazekage? Just being here makes her better for some of these people. In reality, she’s just another ninja trying to fast track their way up the adder to the top. Well good for her for making it. But I refuse to pour my heart and soul into another woman that will leave us in the dust.” The young Uchiha was stopped dead in his tracks. They are just words….Ironically enough, those words echoed through Kuno’s mind with a weight that only he could understand. They reminded him of his father back in Konoha, and how he had abandoned his family all those years ago. A decade of seemingly unconditional love that was replaced in an instant by one small truth. Suddenly, that love had turned to a hate that had driven them all away. And so now, as he stood near the back of the dispersing crowd, he felt his feeling of the young Midori Ningyou replaced with an uncertainty that left him feeling worried for the future of his new hime, and praying that he was wrong about this.

Reeling from the sudden shift in his demeanor, Kuno made his ay slowly around the outskirts of the crowd, trying to come to grips with the fact that everything he had just heard may be a lie. He had made it around to the side of the crowd when he heard a voice call out. “Yo, I was busy working my store. Anyone mind filling me in about what all the fuss is over? Lotta people here. Lotta people.” Kuno raised an eyebrow that in interesting accent that the man possessed, but did his best to ignore him as he skirted the side of the shrinking group of people. He was had almost made it to the road beyond when he was slowed by the reply that he heard. "...You, didn't know what just happened?In that case...you missed out on the greatest thing ever to happen here. At least, from what I've noticed so far. We just got introduced to the new Kazekage, named Midori Ningyou. And...wow...everything she said to us, about what she'd do for the village, make everything better again...I never heard anything so genuine. It doesn't feel like the an empty lie, just to gain our trust...and coming from me, that says a lot. Normally, I wouldn't even be talking to a random stranger like you right now! I feel, almost...safe. Like it truly will be okay.”

The voice seemed incredulous, like he had just seen a goddess descend from the heavens to join the ranks of their village. He was tempted to dismiss the comments once again, but felt a tugging on his heart that he could not deny. So instead of just walking away angry and confused, Kuno covered his face with his jacket and called out, muffling his voice and facing away, hoping that he would still be heard over the perpetual mumble of the crowd. “I wouldn’t be so quick to assume her greatness. How do we know she isn’t like the rest of them? How do we know she won’t just leave us behind?” Then, before he could be located, he moved himself into a nearby ally and ducked behind some crates there, listening for a response of some sort. He did not want to show his face because he did not want to have his opinion known, not out of shame or embarrassment, but out of an uncertainty that he felt growing slowly within him.

WC: 977+1498=2475

Anon Brier

Anon Brier

D-rank
She left the stage and Anon quietly sighed, shaking his head. There was to be a celebration with all these pompous dignitaries trying to showboat and gloat about such a great decision they'd made. There were real problems to be taken into account and fix and everyone acted as though a new Kazekage was going to magically make these problems go away. Anon didn't believe it for a second and silently made a promise to make sure that she stuck to her words. Or, he would try at least. There wasn't much that a genin of the sand could do to persuade a Kage, much less the Kazekage to stick to her words. In fact, Anon wasn't exactly sure if sticking around this place was in his best interest anymore. It was certainly a place one could grow in power quickly, but it wasn't the place he wanted to be once he became powerful. End game was that he wanted to be the strongest in the village, and it was going to be pretty underwhelming if he became such at jounin or so. Anon craved a challenge, and if the Kazekage couldn't fix the village as she promised, there wouldn't be one here.

The male quietly sighed, making his way back through the crowd. He caught wind of a conversation, someone explaining to another what was going on, as though they hadn't actually been paying attention. What really caught Anon's ear was a familiar voice talking to another voice he hadn't heard in his life about the village and the new Kazekage. Anon smiled behind his mask and tried to make his way through the crowd to the source of the voice. This was easier said than done as quite a few people had the same idea as him, trying to find people they knew to spread the gossip and find out their friends' opinions. This was all well and good, even expected, but Anon wanted to get to this voice before they decided it was time to move on. It wasn't much later, maybe a second or two that Anon finally broke into a clearing of the crowd to see an older looking man standing next to a pale, red-haired lad that was very familiar to the young genin. Rokumaru. With a chuckle he waded into the crowd again to stand on the left of his newfound friend. It wasn't so long ago actually that the two had shared tea together.

"Hey there, Rokumaru! Glad to see at least one familiar face amidst the throngs of people.  I knew I heard you earlier when the Kazekage gave her speech and I can guess by your excitement then your opinion of it. I'm glad we could have a chance to catch up again. The last visit was a bit too short for my tastes, but then again, I don't like long visits too much either."

The male was a lot cheerier now, having reconnected with someone he'd met not long ago and befriended. This male was very interested in him from the get go and he was interesting in his own right. Anon could see the two becoming friends, even should he decide not to stay in the village any longer. It was all he could to keep focused on the conversation before he noticed the other guy once more, noting that he had been there next to Rokumaru when Anon approached. It was rude not to introduce oneself, and Anon kicked himself for not doing so upon first joining the two, but he didn't know if he should given the look of the older ninja. There was something about him that was gruff and unforgiving. But appearances could be rather deceiving. So he whispered low to Rokumaru, pointing at the man as he spoke. "Sorry, who's this? I don't think I've ever seen him around." His actions and mannerisms were out of character for how he was normally but he couldn't contain excitement when it came to feeling as though he had a friend, as he felt now.

But perhaps that wasn't the correct way to describe it. He felt as though he was being ignored by Rokumaru and that it was better if he hadn't come over in the first place. With a sigh, he shrugged and made his way back through the crowd. He passed the two talking to someone explaining what had happened and made his way out of the town center to go to his home, concentrating only on his feelings of wanting to get stronger. Nothing else would matter to him and he would forge his own destiny. His life was in his hands and if he wanted to meet his goals, he couldn't let others stand in his way, even if he thought of them as friends. He stopped just outside the crowd, quietly looking at the sky, thinking to himself.

WC: 842 + 1,715 = 2,557

Training:

Last edited by Anon Brier on Sat May 27, 2017 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Lux

Lux

D-rank
There seemed to be more commotion when the young Kazakage left as a pose to with her stood before them. The reaction, as expected were mixed. Ranging from the patriotic to the downright outraged by the sounds of it. His attention would shift from the now empty stage, drawing his pale gaze over the accumulation of people. 'a picnic?' His gaze would rest for a brief moment on the rather loud family milling about the picnic table. The clear and main amount of distasteful jeer's flooding the air, coming clearly from the family but more so one of the females. His brow would arch as he exhaled through his nose, forcing the cigarette smoke to evacuate his lung's in a quick succession allowing it to flood the air around him as he turned back to the now empty stage.

Squinting for a brief moment as the smoke rose and faded before allowing his gaze to focus once more.
'What happened whilst I were away?' His brow would crease as he mulled over the thought trail staring off into the empty space, only to be jolted back into the present as the once stagnant crowd hummed into life around him. The thin and wide spread crowd that had come to bare witness to the ceremony for the new Kazakage had begun to mingle condensing down, more than likely the individuals were either leaving the scene or seeking out those of which they knew in order to be able to discuss or gossip about the speak and what promises this kazekage had made. He would for the moment remain in the space he had momentarily claimed allowing his pale mint green gaze to simple watch the mass of people before another thought wondered through his mind.

He would slip off into the crowd however thin it still were, taking his time to search as many faces on his wonder as he could, still searching for that which he simply might never find again. Had they changed? After all this time of even refusing to think their names or look upon the images of their faces, would he still recognize them if he saw them? Would they recognize him? The farrago of his mind would swell. Stopping amidst the crowd his right hand would raise to press the pad of his palm against his right eye as his skin crawled visibly so, his Kyoni writhing just a few layers from the surface of his skin before settling. Slowly his hand would lift from his eye shifting to cup over a section of his chest as he continued to step through, his composure returning with a vigor allowing the moment to pass just as quickly as it had come. Making his way to the outer edges of the crowd to find a space before pausing to continue his search visually. The sound of people talking would occasionally catch his attention hearing only small parts of their conversations, all such mainly falling to questioning the new Kazekage, and who could blame them?

wc:507.
Twc:3104.

Midorii

Midorii

D-rank
As she, or as she was currently disguised, he, asked her question to try probe for public opinion, Midori was pleasantly surprised as the first reply she heard came from a green haired boy. Midori did her best to act, raising an eyebrow as he spoke of her in such a positive light that it seemed purely hyperbolic. The boy spoke of Midori’s words as far more than they actually were, and she felt herself growing embarrassed, although such would not show upon her expression, which looked like that of a confused shop keep. The boy’s expression was heavily enthusiastic, and he seemed bursting in an array of emotional hype.

Fortunately, it seemed Midori wouldn’t need to try find an excuse to leave the situation. From the chaotic crowd that cluttered around, a single shout came out that caught Midori’s attention. A doubt, shouted by someone who quickly left. One which she understood, and also, one that made her feel like her words did sound empty. But, she wasn’t masochistic for wanting to hear critique. Nor was she sadistic. Or spiteful. Instead, she smirked slightly, which would perhaps give a strange appearance to any onlookers such as the boy who had just spoken. After all, the true reason she was looking for critique was a simple one – she wanted to know what people expected of her, and how she could improve, and beat their standards.

Not wishing to have her disguise broken by a smirk however, Midori shook her head, shrugging somewhat. “Whoever just shouted that has a point. We’ve been in the rough before, who is it to say this person isn’t going to do the same? Good on you for being optimistic kid, but, until I’m given reasonin’, I am not trusting another person in power. I’ve had my store robbed one too many times for me to be willing to trust that quickly. Still, good on you for the optimism. We could use more of that in the village. I’ll be seeing you around kid.” She declared, the man turning with a wave and walking away, back down the alley from which she had come in her disguise. Making sure she was out of sight once more, she formed the one handed sign, breaking her own transformation technique with a sigh, leaning against a wall and listening. She knew now what to do. A flicker of a shadow atop the rooftop was all she needed before, with a quick gesture, the shadow was before her – a member of the ANBU. Calmly, and sternly, Midori spoke, her nerves reassured from the fact that she had experienced a mixed reception. “I am going to go to the office, no point leaving paperwork to pile up when I’ve just been assigned the job. Make sure the ANBU keep spread out, and try not to focus too much on one area – if we focus on solely the crowd, our awareness in other areas may be weakened, which we cannot afford. If anything happens here, inform me immediately, and I shall arrive. Understood?” she gave her order, and with a quick nod, the masked shadow shinobi flickered off once more. Sighing, Midori didn’t waste time hanging around. She had things to get on with. Her foremost priority was to organise squads, and make sure that the foreign policy of Sunagakure no Sato was one that was more… Coherent, beneficial, and accessible. She had a lot of work to get on with, in summary, so… That was the point where she simply walked off, taking the alley way routes to get back relatively without risk of being accosted by strangers, assailants, or people with questions. Work came first right now – whether people cared or not, Midori wanted to do stuff for the village.

630 + 3042 = 3672

[EXIT]

(OOC: I'm exiting the thread, but, please feel free to keep it going as long as you want! The new posting order is: Lynn > Misao > Otter > Roku > Kuno > Anon > Lux. If you could get it to 3 posts each, then, you'll be able to count it for a social for all of you <3 Sorry it's been a hectic hassle of a thread guys, but, I hope you've enjoyed!0

Training:

Lynn Uchiha

Lynn Uchiha

D-rank
[Exiting Thread due to Irl complications]

Anon Brier

Anon Brier

D-rank
OOC: it's been nearly two weeks since the last post which was an exit and due to the inactivity of some in this post I will be taking my leave.

EXIT

Kuno

Kuno

D-rank
OOC:
Kuno waited and listened for any sign of a response. There was a dull that permeated the ever dispersing crowd, but he did not hear any specific response for a while. The young Uchiha was about to stand up to leave when he finally heard a voice shout out to address his secret concern. It was the same man as before who spoke, “Whoever just shouted that has a point. We’ve been in the rough before, who is it to say this person isn’t going to do the same? Good on you for being optimistic kid, but, until I’m given reasonin’, I am not trusting another person in power. I’ve had my store robbed one too many times for me to be willing to trust that quickly. Still, good on you for the optimism. We could use more of that in the village. I’ll be seeing you around kid.”

Kuno stopped short and lowered himself back down into his hiding position. There it was again, the disappointment, discontent, and distrust that saturated the air off Sunagakure no Sato. The people here knew that people in power could not possibly care about them, especially since they have it so good up in their fancy offices and luxurious homes. The people saw the crime and hatred that infected the Village Hidden in the Sands, and they were tired of it. And yet he felt shame. He was ashamed that he had called out the way he had. He was ashamed that he had said something that discouraged this faceless man so much. Deep down, kuno knew that he was probably right in what he had said, but he certainly did not want to be. Shaking his head he realized that maybe, just maybe, if he had said something encouraging instead of putting don the hopes of the village, that one man would have changed his mind about the village.

Kuno let out a sigh and removed himself from his hiding position before glancing back to the crowds. “I hope that I’m not putting too much stock in this girl,” he mumbled to himself before turning back down the road to his home. The trip had been an interesting one to say the least, and Kuno had a lot of thinking to do. But he decided that day, that he would visit the new Kage, this Midori Ningyou, someday, and maybe she could inspire some hope in the young Uchiha personally, rather than through a speech to a crowd.

[Exit Thread]
WC:422+2475=2897

Training

All stats from C-Rank to C-1 (2875/2875)

Unused WC:22

Lux

Lux

D-rank
As the crowd thinned further, each face were far more easy to search, feeling a sigh raise up in him he would struggle to fight against it before finally letting it out in frustration. Gripping the bottle of water a little firmer he would silently calm the running stress within his mind, retreating back from the crowd he would veer off towards the streets heading back to the slums.He would slip the cigarette back between his lips before thrusting his free hand into his pocket, drawing in a long breath before allowing the near scentless smoke to evacuate his lungs through his nose before drawing up  his hand still holding his hand up that still held the bottle to remove the cigarette disappearing off down the street, his search would have to continue another day, allowing his mind to clear in the dry heat of the land.

[Exit Thread.]

Wc:148.
Twc:3252.

Training E rank jutsu: Phenomenal 500/500.
Training D rank jutsu: Augmented scent 750/750.
Training C rank jutsu: Parasitic intervention 1000/1000.
Training C rank Jutsu: Parasitic consumption 1000/1000.
Discarded wc: 2.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.