You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
Mission:

The young Hattori shinobi firmly gripped the priority mission scroll that he had taken from the administration building not twenty minutes earlier. Carefully, he studied its contents to be sure that he knew exactly what needed to be done for the village. He had been packing earlier in the morning for his upcoming trip to Kirigakure no Sato with Hattori Shimada when he realized that he was running dangerously low on funds. He would need more if he was to make the trip without having to swim across the sea to the Land of Water; boat rides do, in fact, cost money. Not only that, but Nayoko was feeling a strange sense of guilt at leaving his village. He had never left the country before, and the thought of travelling to another nation with another ruler, even though they were allies, was off-putting to say the least. He decided in order to mitigate his guilt while also earning some money for the journey he could complete at least one more mission for the village before leaving for a time.

The mission that he had picked up was a simple one, but one that he knew would be not be easy if the reports were to be believed. The trade routes to the north-east of his village were being heavily raided by bandits for the past month or so. Where normally this would be taken care of by regulars, they had their hands full at the moment. And so, the duty fell to the village shinobi. The bandits had been using brute strength to raid the trade caravans from what Nayoko could gather, but the numbers varied from report to report, so Nayoko was preparing himself for danger of a lethal degree.

The thought of what may come was troubling to Nayoko. He had never taken a life before, and from the description of the mission and the expectations that his superiors passed down, it seemed that he would have to in order to complete the mission. It was not that he feared killing; he understood that it was a necessary part of being a ninja and protecting the village. But he had never been forced to, and so he had never pushed himself that far before. Today he felt that would change. In any case, the tall twenty-two year old thought to himself, Shimada is right. I will probably have to kill the man in Kirigakure. He has shown that he does not put assaulting me and my friends past him, and I have to make sure that she will be safe, regardless of what I need to do to make sure that happens. He gripped the scroll, which he was not even reading any longer, tighter in his hands. The reality of what was going to happen when he left the village was beginning to sink in. They mystery man that bore his mother’s name, the ambush in the small south forest, the Konoha headband that his new enemy had worn in their first few meetings…all of the pieces of the puzzle were weighing heavily on the young man. He shook his head to clear it and forced himself to look up from his mission document, steeling and willing himself to press on. One day at a time Nayoko. One day at a time.

He was rolling up the scroll and tucking it away into the pouch on his belt as he finally approached the village gates. He stopped for a moment and stood to admire the gates. They were not just glorified doors that marked the entrance to the village; they were a symbol. A symbol of protection and hope to some, to others, the sign of a powerful enemy. To Nayoko they simply meant one thing: Home. He smiled as the cool breeze of the day whipped though the gates and over the walls, blowing a group of leaves past him and rustling his hair. He took a moment to fix it, staring up at the threshold to his village for a beat longer, before stepping past the monstrous gates and onto the road toward where these caravans were being raided, toward his mission, and toward the danger.

WC: 706

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
Life was interesting, to say the least. The Sword Saint of Konoha had woken up today feeling like an old man, decrepit and sore with his entire body rebelling against him. The S Ranked missing ninja strolled back down the path towards the gates of the village, having come fresh from defeating a man whom he had once known to be a member of the ANBU of Konoha, and an extremely powerful ninja whom he had idolized as a child. It was interesting to see how he had fallen so far, his ideologies having slipped so far from where they had once been. Mitsuo couldn't believe how he had once looked up to this man, but he had noticed one interesting thing about him. He had seen that he was adorned with the symbol that he had seen on the men whom had worked for Sebasu Hyuga, the man Mitsuo had returned to Konoha to dispatch. He decided he would walk back to the village in order to see if there was any sort of reward for the death of those men, having sealed away the twenty head bands of the men he had killed.

The sun was peeking above the village high in the sky, nearly reaching its zenith in the early afternoon when he approached the gates, leaning against the wall and sighing. He had wished dearly for nothing more than to be able to go back to his home and see the place that he had grown up in, where he was still the leader of the clan and where his family had lived. He wanted to be able to hold his daughter in his arms again openly, without having to hide who he was or where he was. He would quickly create a small chakra seal before getting too close to the village, placing his hand to his chest and applying the seal so that he would be undetectable by any sensory abilities, more of a cautious gesture than what was necessary. He wasn't overly worried about being found out, as he was known for his stealth abilities, though it certainly wouldn't hurt to go the extra mile to ensure it didn't happen.

He ran a finger through his long dark hair and looked down at his kneed, his legs covered by the ANBU leg armour that he had been given when he was first made an agent in the village of Konoha, something that he had never forgotten. He wore his ANBU armour at all times, reminding him of where he came from, though there were other things that were different about him now. He tended to wear a long brown leather coat over his body, as well as his forehead protector with the symbol of the Aoi Bara, a rose, in the middle of it, around his neck. His large weapons were no longer carried on him, but were sealed away, always waiting to be summoned back to where he needed them. He had several kunai and shuriken lined in his jacket, as well as scrolls and other small useful items that he could use. He tied his hair back with a red headband and his green eyes scanned the area, sitting and listening when he heard footfalls approaching. He saw a man, maybe in his early twenties, approaching from the village, and he stood up, watching his approach through the gates. The Sword Saint had heard that there had been issues on the roads, and he imagined that this shinobi was likely on his way out to deal with that. A small half smile made its way across Mitsuo's face as he saw this.

The man was old enough that he would have definitely remembered when Mitsuo was the Hokage, and though his appearance had changed somewhat since those times, he found it unlikely that anyone in Konoha wouldn't recognize his face, as it was the seventeenth face plastered on the wall of the mountain that was the monument to all of the previous kage. He could only hope, he supposed, that if he noticed he wouldn't make a scene of it.

"Good day young man. Coming to address the trouble on the roads? I've heard that travelers have been having a rough time with bandits or something along those lines..."

Chakra 400/420:

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
Nayoko, now freshly determined to see his mission through to its conclusion, was striding forward with purpose and vigor as he made his way out of the gates. Almost as soon as he had began his trek out to the location of interest, he heard a voice call out to him from the nearby wall of the village. "Good day young man. Coming to address the trouble on the roads? I've heard that travelers have been having a rough time with bandits or something along those lines..." Nayoko turned to see who was addressing him. The stranger was standing up and watching him, a small smile on his bearded face. Nayoko looked at him for a moment, sure that he recognized the individual before him, but could not quite place where he had seen the face before. As he stepped toward the man, calling out in return, more features became clear to him. “Good day to you as well. Yes, I’ve been dispatched to deal with the bandits in the area. Hopefully they won’t be troubling anyone else after today.” He smiled and nodded to the man, taking in his appearance.

He was as tall as Nayoko at least, and was clearly older than him by at least a decade. His hair, which was tied back with a red headband, and his beard were black flecked with enough grey to be considered salt-and-pepper in Nayoko’s books. He was a shinobi for sure, and a powerful one at that, judging by the ANBU armour that Nayoko could tell he was wearing under his long brown leather coat. Nayoko noticed that he was also armed when the wind blew through the area, ruffling his own dark blue coat that he wore, and forcing him to replace the Hattori clan symbol he wore around his neck under his shirt. He saw numerous ninja tools reflect in the sunlight beneath the aformentioned coat. Eventually, Nayoko’s eyes fell to the man’s headband, curious as to how he knew this man, and guessing to would bear the symbol of Konoha like the one that he himself wore around his waist. The moment he saw that it was a rose that adorned this particular headband, Nayoko froze. The image of the seventeenth face on the side of the mountain of his village flashed through his mind, and in that moment he knew that he was casually conversing with none other than the S-Rank nukenin Mitsuo Sarutobi.

So this is how I die. The return of the famous Sword Saint to his village. Well, I should at least go out with some dignity. Besides, if he wanted me dead, I would be by now. Nayoko’s smile, which had been frozen in a nervous mask on his face faltered slightly, before he continued speaking. “I uh, I believe I have you at a disadvantage in one respect sir. My name is Nayoko Nozara, of the Hattori clan. I of course, know who you are Though I suspect you don’t want me announcing that very loudly.” Nayoko chuckled nervously to himself as he moved closer to the man that had once ruled his home, not so long ago. Nayoko could still remember the days when the face in front of him was the most recent one carved into the mountain, and when he could rely on this man to protect his village. Now the rumours abounded about him, and Nayoko found himself caught in an unfortunate cross-hair. So how do I treat him? Like a Hokage? Like a criminal? No…no I couldn’t possibly. He has left the village behind, that much is true.  But I still respect him, and maybe even admire him. If not for his power, then for his raw confidence in what he believes to be right. Plus if I tried to treat him like a criminal I’m sure I would be reduced to ash in moments….

Nayoko shook his head, wondering how he could have possibly found himself in this mess. Well, I’ve got one avenue of escape that I can see, so here goes nothing. Nayoko inhaled deeply, then produced  sigh before continuing, wincing slightly with every word he spoke, hoping that they would not be the end of him. “You know, my good sir, I believe that due to the nature of your…well…standing with the village, I would probably be expected to at least try to slow you down before you could enter. But I mean, if I were to run into you while also dealing with some of these bandits on the road…” Nayoko let his voice trail off for a moment, shrugging exaggeratedly while approaching so that he could address Mitsuo more directly. “Well I don’t think anyone would blame me for allowing you to slip away in the ruckus.” Once he was close enough to speak with the head of the Sarutobi clan quietly, he continued. “And to be quite honest, I don’t feel like dying today. Not to you, nor to the bandits of unknown number on the road. What do you say?” Nayoko said with as much courage as he could muster, “would you like to go on one more Konoha patrol, for old times sake?”

With these last words, Nayoko released all of the tension in his body, knowing that whatever the shinobi before him decided, Nayoko’s life would probably change.

WC: 914+706=1620

Last edited by Nayoko Nozara on Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : WC copied to the wrong spot -_-)

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
The young man turned to look towards him and Mitsuo could see recognition in his eyes. It didn't seem as though he had quite figured out how he knew him yet, which was good. Mitsuo didn't want to cause any issue but he knew that it wasn't likely to last. When he spoke he confirmed what Mitsuo had assumed. He was one of the village nin who had been sent to deal with the bandits. It was interesting how Mitsuo had just come from a camp of bandits, he could only wonder if the increasing number of bandits were moving closer to some form of scheme involving attacking the village, something that Mitsuo Sarutobi simply couldn't allow. He knew that the agents of the tyrant Sebasu Hyuga were many, and he had assumed he would have to make it through many of them in order to get to him, but did he also somehow know that Mitsuo and Tsuyo were outside of the village? Was he purposefully sending out people to try to take them our, or potentially distract them so that he could fortify his own forces, or potentially even flee? It was something that Mitsuo would have to figure out soon enough.

The young man continued to look Mitsuo over, and he knew that it was only a matter of time before he saw the look on his face change. As soon as it had clicked, Mitsuo could see the change. He tensed up, his smile weakening slightly and his demeanor changing to one of fight or flight. Mitsuo was hoping that he wouldn't flee, as he would hate to have to incapacitate a member of the Village Hidden in the Leaves when he was so close to his goal. He didn't want to have to put any of that in jeopardy. He continued to speak to Mitsuo, introducing himself as Nayoko Nozara, and as a member of the Hatori Clan. Mitsuo had trained people from that clan before, and he knew that they were strong ninja generally, quite gifted in whatever area they chose to specialize in, be it their elemental mastery, or the mastery of abilities in general. He mentioned that he suspected that Mitsuo didn't want him announcing his name overly loudly and Mitsuo nodded to him, speaking lowly as the young man chuckled.

"You are correct in assuming so. If it were to be known that I had returned to the village, it could cause a lot of issues, which I certainly do not wish to run into right now. My mission is too important and means too much to the village for me to not see it to completion, so I cannot be found out yet. This is imperative." He ran his fingers through his long hair before gently stroking his beard, watching as the young man shook his head and inhaled deeply, sighing before speaking again. He was incredibly nervous, something that Mitsuo wasn't overly surprised by, but he wished it wasn't the case. As he spoke once more Mitsuo realised that he was attempting to give Mitsuo an out so that he wouldn't have to fight. He chuckled himself, the boys plan being an interesting one to say the least. As a member of the ANBU, Mitsuo would have faced the opponent head on not worrying about his own life, as was the case when he fought Hao Uchiha, but this boy didn't seem like he had been a ninja for an overly long time, and Mitsuo appreciated the guts he had to stand up to him. He would reach out a hand and, noting that the boy didn't seem to be able to stop him, simply rest it on his shoulder.

"You have no reason to worry from me. I would gladly help you rid the forest of these bandits. Besides removing the competition only seems smart..." He would pause and give a serious look before starting to chuckle and grin once again. "I'm kidding of course. Yes let us take care of this problem, and then we will both go about our business, you able to claim your prize and me happy for being able to help my village once more...I have missed it so after all." And with that he would begin to walk forward, releasing the man's shoulder as he did and keeping an eye out for signs of the bandits that he knew were in the vicinity...

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
Nayoko watched on at the far superior shinobi before him, trying his best to listen to the words he could see that Mitsuo Sarutobi was saying. But try as he might, the words sounded as if the former Hokage was speaking underwater and Nayoko had joined him beneath those depths. The garbled sounds from the missing-nin were being drowned out by the thoughts of every loved one in his life. He really did not want to die; he knew that he could in a moment if the man before him willed it to be.  He had so much he still wanted to prove to himself for his deceased mother’s sake, he wanted to see his sister grow into the promising kunoichi that she was sure to become, he wanted to watch his father grow old and make him proud. And finally, he wanted to make his way to Kirigakure no Sato with Shimada, to spend time with his close friend, and to solve the mystery surrounding the enigmatic man that had strode his way into Nayoko’s life: Tano Koyanagi.

Suddenly, Nayoko was snapped back into reality as the source of this existential crisis grabbed him by the shoulder.  Though it wasn’t really a grab or grapple of any sort. He was simply resting his hand there. That could be just as lethal, but face it with dignity. Nayoko looked up into the man’s eyes, prepared for whatever was going to come. The words that flowed form his mouth were like music to his ears. "You have no reason to worry from me. I would gladly help you rid the forest of these bandits. Besides removing the competition only seems smart..." The brief pause accompanied by a serious look was quickly broken by a chuckle and grin, and with that, Nayoko sighed a breath of relief. "I'm kidding of course. Yes let us take care of this problem, and then we will both go about our business, you able to claim your prize and me happy for being able to help my village once more...I have missed it so after all." Without waiting a moment longer, Nayoko found himself looking at the head of the Sarutobi clan’s back, as he strode off in the direction that the young Hattori had been headed in the first place.

The travel was filled with an awkward silence for the first little while. Nayoko’s mind was buzzing with questions that he knew would be incredibly improper to ask. Why did he leave? Why is he back? Has he been here this whole time? How should I address you? Nayoko decided that the final question would be one that he could ask without making Mitsuo too angry with him. As they walked through the rolling hills outside of the village, Nayoko began to see smoke rising in the distance. Probably the camp of those bandits. They wouldn’t be afraid to be out in the open considering their recent success. Nayoko voiced his opinion to the older man, sneaking his question in at the same time. “So, uh…sir? Is that what I should call you? In any case, it seems we have found our quarry. I would normally recommend stealth for a group of chuunin such as myself. But well, they look like they're being pretty cocky with a camp in the open like that. And considering who you are, what do you say we just have some fun and raid the place?”

Not one usually for such gusto, Nayoko smirked at Mitsuo Sarutobi, secretly hoping that by having them rush the camp, Mitsuo would take out most of the enemies, while he could simply funnel them into his sights. It was not out of cowardice, as he had no fear in regards to fighting these men, but with his insecurity about taking a life being what it was, he figured this would be a better approach.

WC:662+1620=2282

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
Mitsuo chuckled at the formality with which the younger shinobi addressed him. It had been a long time since he had been referred to as sir by someone outside of the Aoi Bara organization, and it was almost refreshing to hear it once more. The boy mentioned that chuunin groups generally focused on stealth, which made sense as while they had proven their prowess, it was still a dangerous world out there and stealth was not a bad thing. He noted how the camp was opened, which was something Mitsuo found curious. This was the second such camp he had come across today, and both of them had been oddly opened as though they were welcoming an attack. Were they counting on something that Mitsuo didn't know about? When he finished speaking, Mitsuo shook his head.

"You needn't call me Sir; Mitsuo will do just fine. I have no particular taste for such honourifics as they only serve to put people above others, and I have never believed myself to be above anyone. I am a Hidden Leaf Shinobi like you, nothing more. As for how to approach this situation...I've never personally been much good at stealth. I much prefer to walk in and see who dares to cross steel with me...and my friend could use the exercise as well." He smiled and pulled out a scroll with a seal on it, as well as his tanto, the Chita no Kiba. He placed the scroll on the ground and cut his thumb, placing the now bleeding digit to the seal and speaking "Kuchiyose no Jutsu" as a puff of smoke would happen and a figure would then stand between the two ninja. Mitsuo smiled and nodded his acknowledgement to the figure in front of them, who was a sight to behold. The figure stood at six foot two inches tall and was covered from the neck down in traditional armour. He had dark fur covering all of his body and his red eyes seemed to pierce the soul. He held an impressive staff in his hand and as he looked towards Mitsuo and the boy, a distastful look was on his face.

"Sarutobi, why do you feel the need to summon me right now? It doesn't look like you would have any trouble defeating this one. It's a waste of my talents and my time." Mitsuo shook his head as the Monkey King Eizo looked the man accompanying him up and down, getting a feel for him. Mitsuo put a hand on the man's shoulder once more and addressed the monkey king in front of him.

"Eizo, this is an ally; a friend of my clan and of the leaf. We have no quarrel with him. Our task lies over there." His finger pointed towards the camp, Eizo's red eyes following the finger and examining where Mitsuo was pointing now. He chuckled before shaking his own head and looking back to Mitsuo once more.

"You know, I could be at home right now relaxing, but instead here I am...called forth by the Sword Saint of Konoha, if that's what they still call you. You're lucky that your ancestor and mine were close, otherwise we wouldn't have this agreement." Mitsuo gritted his teeth as the monkey king spoke. It was true that it was Hiruzen Sarutobi who had originally stricken the deal with the Monkey King of his time, and that since then the two clans had worked with one another. Mitsuo had been the first in a while to achieve the power to summon the monkey king himself, though this king was brash and at times even lazy. It irked Mitsuo, but he knew that it wasn't a jutsu, this was a being with his own personality whom the two of them had worked out an agreement to work with. He knew that Eizo would help him, but it was the matter of his attitude about it that tended to bother the Sword Saint.

"Be that as it may, we have a job to do Eizo. These people seek to harm the Hidden Leaf, and we can't allow that to happen." Eizo laughed once more and simply shook his head.

"Oh? So you work for the leaf once again? Well well isn't that interesting..." He looked the two over and then turned his back to them, looking towards the camp once more. "Very well, I will assist you. May as well have some fun while I'm here." With that the monkey king took to the trees and Mitsuo shook his head once more, pulling out his sword Justice, as well as his chain whip Penance. He broke out into a run towards the camp, not moving so fast that his companion on this mission couldn't keep up, but quickly enough to attempt to somewhat catch them by surprise. As he reached the gates of the camp he flicked his wrist quickly, the chain whip snapping out and taking a bandit around the throat as he would then pull back and remove his head from his shoulders.

"Let's say we have a little fun shall we?" He didn't say it to anyone in particular, but he watched as Eizo dropped from a tree onto another man, his weapon crushing down into his skull as he did so. It would be quick, Mitsuo was sure, but he was looking forward to seeing what the young shinobi he was travelling with was capable of...

Chakra 355/420:

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
Nayoko nodded along as the nukenin that was helping him with his mission told him to address him by his first name. Whelp, you’re moving on up in the world Nayoko. He could not help but smile thoughtfully as he spoke with such a humility about himself. Here stood the seventeenth Hokage, the S-Ranked missing-nin, the head of the Sarutobi clan, and the Sword Saint of Konoha…and he as saying that they were equal. It made Nayoko think on the man’s possible motivations. He had left the village of Konoha behind, but he certainly hadn’t left his home behind. Nayoko focused back in on the conversation as Mitsuo said “..and my friend could use the exercise as well." Nayoko raised an eyebrow. “And what friend would that be.” As if in response, Mitsuo produced a scroll with a seal on it, as well as an immaculate looking tanto. Nayoko made a mental note to get himself one of those to replace his pitiful kunai as the Sword Saint placed the scroll on the ground and cut his thumb, and spread his blood across the seal while muttering something.

POOF!

Nayoko’s eyes went wide as he saw what had been summoned before him. He head heard of the being in stories. A six foot, two inches tall figure covered in hair and holding an impressive looking staff. Its red eyes looked first to Mistsuo, and then over to the young Hattori. There, standing before Nayoko, was the Monkey King, Eizo. Shimada will never believe this. Not in a million years. A brief exchange occurred between the two beings before him, and Nayoko was nearly certain that Eizo was about to kill him before Mitsuo intervened. Then suddenly, they were taking off. The monkey king launched into the trees and Mitsuo began running toward the camp. Nayoko burst into a sprint to follow, and could tell that Mitsuo was holding back that he may keep up to him.

Nayoko watched as the Sword Saint of Konoha pulled out a sword and chain whip, whch was deftly flicked toward one of the bandits the moment they entered the camp. Before anyone could make a sound, there was a severed head flying through the air. Almost at the same moment, Eizo dropped from a tree and caved in the skull of another bandit. In that moment, Nayoko knew that he would take a life today "Let's say we have a little fun shall we?" Nayoko heard Mistso say before the chuunin was finally able to react. There were only six bandits left, and Nayoko was sure that his nukenin companion could make short work of them all, but he wanted to at least try to help on his own mission.

He noticed that three of them were still going for bows, so before they could make any use of them, Nayoko closed the gap, quickly producing two Water Clones as he approached. Sending one toward each of the other two bow users, Nayoko focused on his quarry. Sliding down onto the ground as he closed the gap at the last moment, Nayoko launched into a combo he had been wanting to try for a while. Channelling chakra into his feet the Hattori launched into the Leaf Great Whirlwind, launching a low keep to send his target spinning before following up with a series of blows that sent the man upward into the air, Nayoko in tow. Then, as he slammed his heel into the floating man’s midsection to send him crashing to the ground, he quickly gathered Suiton chakra in his hand and launched his Water whip at the man, catching him just before he struck the ground and pulling him back up to where he slammed his fist into the man’s face. There was a satisfying crunch as his fist connected and then again when the bandit’s corpse hit the ground.

As Nayoko landed he glanced over to where his clones had been just in time to see one of  them send their foe into unconsciousness, But the victory was short lived, as he felt a sharp pain in his left shoulder blade, turning to see his other clone destroyed and a bow in the hands of the bandit. He grunted in pain and glanced over to his companions before gritting his teeth and yelling out angrily, trying to block out the pain. The threw up his hands and began forming a series of seals, finally ending as a torrent of water surged from the ground beneath him and coalescing into the form of a water dragon above him. The bandit had no time to react before it crashed down onto him with all of its force, rendering him unconscious if not dead.

Satisfied with his work, he glanced over to Mitsuo to see how the other three were doing.

WC: 818+2282=3100

Chakra 120/200:

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
The Sword Saint took a second to watch as the younger shinobi made clones, moving in to attack a handful of the bandits. He smiled and focused instead on the other three, himself and Eizo making their ways towards them. Mitsuo saw the fear in each of their eyes as realization set in on who he was. If there was one positive part to being as famous as he was, it was the fact that people often feared him and it caused them do to stupid things, like grouping together in order to "save" themselves. They clearly hadn't heard about the stories of the Sword Saint of Konoha killing a camp of over a hundred bandits, or how he had ended the lives of all of the elders of the Karisuma clan. It didn't matter however, as Mitsuo looked over towards Eizo who was boxing them in as well.

"Judging by your reactions, it seems as though you know who I am." Mitsuo would begin to speak, his voice low but easily carried so that everyone could hear him. He would begin to radiate heat as he activated his Cloak of the Will jutsu and the sword in his hand would begin to drop with molton fire, the second of his legendary techinques taking place. He nodded at Eizo, who plucked one of his hairs and blew it into the wind in front of him, creating a perfect clone of himself. The clone would activate its Adamantine Compliant Staff technique, turning into the staff that the monkey clan was famous for, and placing itself in Eizo's hands. Eizo would quickly begin stringing several hand signs together before clapping his hands together, beginning to twirl the Adamantine Nyoi around his body. Mitsuo would continue to speak, his voice continuing at the same tone.

"Your assumption is correct, of course. I am the great Mitsuo Sarutobi, Seventeenth Hokage of the Village Hidden in the Leaves, the fabled Sword Saint of Konoha. I am the Hell Dragon King of the Aoi Bara, also known as the Hellfire Drake, and the scourge of the Karisuma clan. I have killed a hundred men just like you without breaking a sweat or taking a single scratch. You three men, who come to openly defy my village, the place that I love and have sworn to protect with everything I have, know of course what comes next as well. I will not allow such individuals as yourselves to live, and you will feel the heat of the Fire Saint style as you crumble away to ash." The fear on their face had turned into full fledged terror as all three of them looked as though they were trying to work up the courage to break and run. None of them could move, and Mitsuo could smell their fear as well as other things coming off of them.

He would begin to swing his sword in time with Eizo's staff, standing nearby him as the heat from his cloak would transfer itself into his blade and the heat from both abilities would work their way into the wind that was being created by Eizo's own technique. As his speed ramped up, Eizo swept his staff towards the men, carving deep into the earth as the three of them screamed for only a second before they were instantly turned into ash. Mitsuo, stone faced, watched as they crumbled away in front of him. He looked towards Eizo, who was panting slightly as he allowed the staff to disappear, the clone being gone as well and him getting the rest of his energy back. Mitsuo and Eizo both nodded to one another.

"Good job Eizo, thank you for helping me out. I owe you one." Mitsuo smiled and the monkey king shook his head, laughing at the sword saint.

"You owe me far more than just one, Sarutobi. You always call for me for such easy jobs. Call me again when you have something interesting." Eizo would walk over towards the younger shinobi, putting a hand on his shoulder and speaking softly to him. "Good job kid, I'm impressed you were able to put up with that guy. He means well, but he has an interesting way of going about it." He would smile and then vanish in a puff of smoke back off to his own home as Mitsuo would walk towards the younger shinobi, simply shaking his head.

"You know, I don't know what Eizo's problem is. He loves playing the hero. He shouldn't be so annoyed when I call on him...Anyway, you did well today. I'm glad to see that our village is still defended by those who are strong and able. You'll go far one day, I'm sure of it." Mitsuo put a hand on the other man's shoulder similar to the way that Eizo had and smiled and nodded to him. Gone was the picture of terror that had faced the three bands only moments ago, and in its place the face of a father, of a man who loved his village and its people, and would do anything for them...

Chakra 285/420:

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
Nayoko stared on at the head of the Sarutobi Clan and his Monkey King companion as they stalked their way over to the last three bandits. He had missed the beginning of their exchange thanks to the arrow in his shoulder, but managed to catch what Mitsuo was saying as Eizo began stringing together a series of hand seals. "Your assumption is correct, of course. I am the great Mitsuo Sarutobi, Seventeenth Hokage of the Village Hidden in the Leaves, the fabled Sword Saint of Konoha. I am the Hell Dragon King of the Aoi Bara, also known as the Hellfire Drake, and the scourge of the Karisuma clan. I have killed a hundred men just like you without breaking a sweat or taking a single scratch. You three men, who come to openly defy my village, the place that I love and have sworn to protect with everything I have, know of course what comes next as well. I will not allow such individuals as yourselves to live, and you will feel the heat of the Fire Saint style as you crumble away to ash."

The Hattori shinobi’s eyes went wide as he watched and felt the insane amounts of chakra being poured out from the Sword Saint of Konoha. Then, in a blur of motion, the two great warriors’ weapons were spinning at such a speed that Nayoko could not hope to follow them. There was a crashing sound as Eizo swept his staff toward the men, carving it into the earth as Nayoko watched the men change from flesh and bone to ash in the blink of an eye. For the second time that day, Nayoko found himself slack jawed and unable to hear what was going on.

He managed to close his mouth as Eizo stepped over to him, shaking his head and laughing before speaking softly to him. "Good job kid, I'm impressed you were able to put up with that guy. He means well, but he has an interesting way of going about it." Nayoko stifled a gulp as he nodded to the Monkey King seriously, while he smiled and vanished into a puff of black smoke. Mitsuo was then speaking as he approached. "You know, I don't know what Eizo's problem is. He loves playing the hero. He shouldn't be so annoyed when I call on him...Anyway, you did well today. I'm glad to see that our village is still defended by those who are strong and able. You'll go far one day, I'm sure of it." The young Hattori was taken aback by the sudden change from the man he had seen only moments ago. The man who had utterly destroyed three people without even blinking had now set a hand on Nayoko’s shoulder, and was encouraging him. Not only that, but his words seemed sincere. They were not words of a man just trying to make a clearly inferior shinobi feel good about themselves. No, he meant what he said. Nayoko nodded once again. “Thank you Mitsuo, that truly means a great deal coming from you. And no matter how humble you are, you and I both know what a compliment like that coming from you means to a chuunin like me.” He smiled back at the older man, pulling the arrow out of his shoulder and wincing as he continued “Thank you for your help today. I don’t know how well it would have gone if you hadn’t been here. Hopefully if these guys had any friends they’ll see the mess we’ve left them and think twice about coming back around."

With that, Nayoko began collecting weapons as proof of the completed mission. After taking a moment or two to do so, he looking back to the Sarutobi. “I really hope this isn’t the last I see of you. Hellfire Drake. I think we made an alright team if you ask me! The Will of Fire and the Heart of Iron, taking on the scourge of Konoha….I like the sound of that.” With that, he stepped over to the trees, back along the path that they had arrived from. Glancing over his shoulder, he offered a few parting words. “As far as I’m concerned, you were never here. Farewell Mitsuo Sarutobi. Until we meet again.”

[Exit Thread]

WC: 732+3100=3832
Mission Complete: (1500/1500)

Jutsu Trained
Body Flicker Technique (D-Rank) (750/750)
Step of the Wind (B-Rank) (1500/1500)
Unused WC: 82

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
Mitsuo had always prided himself on his ability to inspire people, and this situation was no different. His words towards this man, while true, were also meant to inspire him. Mitsuo knew that going forward, after working with him, this individual would always remember this day and what the man known as the Sword Saint of Konoha had told him. He was one of the most powerful shinobi in the world, and that was a well known fact, but he also truly believed in his heart that all people were equal, and it was that belief that people found so inspiring, which is why Mitsuo tried to share it with anyone who would listen to him. The man responded to him by thanking him and telling him what it meant to him to hear those words from Mitsuo’s mouth. He mentioned that no matter how humble the Sword Saint was, his words truly meant a great deal to a chuunin like him, which was what Mitsuo wanted to hear. Those words were important to him, as it meant that not only had he touched this individual’s life, but he would remember this and hopefully go on to do the same to others.

He watched the man pull an arrow out of his shoulder, a wince of pain crossing his face. Mitsuo knew that feeling, the burning pain of being stricken with an arrow and how much it sucked to have to then remove that. He would thank Mitsuo once again for giving him a hand with the bandits. He said that he had doubts that it would have gone so well had Mitsuo not been there. While it might not have been as easy, however, Mitsuo was fairly positive that it would have been alright. He mentioned that hopefully the mess left around the camp would deter further bandits from coming back to the area, which Mitsuo hoped was true, but he highly doubted. He and Tsuyo had done much worse to crime bosses back in the day, but there was always someone else ready to take their place. “I am positive that had I not been here, you would have been just fine. You clearly know what you are doing, and I hope you don’t sell yourself short. You certainly do our village proud.”

Nayoko would begin scouring the camp, picking up weapons to take back to the village, or so Mitsuo assumed. He simply watched and crossed his arms as his investigation of the area would happen after the man left. He was looking for something very specific, the symbol of the group led by the villain Sebasu Hyuga, whom had murdered Mitsuo’s entire family. He would tell Mitsuo that he hoped he would see him again once he had finished gathering up his evidence, and then made a comment referencing the mottos of their two clans and how they were perfect to defend the village together. He wasn’t wrong, and mitsuo smiled and chuckled at that. He began to walk away and told Mitsuo that as far as he was concerned, Mitsuo Sarutobi was never around. “Take care my friend. I am positive we shall meet again, and on that day I look forward to standing beside you once again, and seeing how much you have grown as a shinobi. After watching the man walk away, Mitsuo would begin his own search over the bodies on the ground, walking up to the few that were not complete ash and taking a look at what they had on them.

He looked the bodies over, looking for the telltale symbol of the group that he was looking for, and it didn’t take him long to confirm his suspicions. Each one of them had it tattooed on them somewhere, mostly on their right forearms though one had it on his right shoulder. His suspicions were confirmed, as he assumed they would be. From what he had found as of late, the majority of the bandits around this area worked for the same organization, and their numbers were far more than Mitsuo had expected. He was fairly positive that he and Tsuyo would be marching into fight a small army, and therefore he would have to do his best to ensure that he was prepared for that when the time came...

{Exit Thread}

Mission WC 1500/1500
Double Helix Flame Blade 2500/2500
8 words discarded.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.