You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Empty A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:15 pm

Shigeki

Shigeki

Dead
It almost felt surreal to walk the halls of the guarded home of the Kanetsu clan once more after being away for so long. Shigeki hadn't been here since he had met up with Kazu and Satoshi some four years back, but it was a fascinating feeling being here once more. The heat of the place would bother most people, and would likely kill a member of the Aisu clan, but for those with Lava in their veins, for the famed Kanetsu clan, it was a place of comfort, a place that felt like home. As he walked into the depths of the Volcano home, he gave a soft sigh, wondering what had happened to his uncle that had caused him to leave the village. It was one of the most disappointing days of the young man's life, and one that had left him somewhat jaded towards the village. He hadn't interacted with anyone really since then, besides playing his games at the bars and clubs, but he had decided that it was time to get back to work. He dressed more professionally for this meeting than he had in a while, the black leather overcoat covering down to his knees, a pair of black jeans covering his knee high platform black boots, and a black mesh shirt underneath the coat. There were the regular fingerless gloves, black collar with the Iwagakure symbol, and black studded wrist bands, but that was just part of who he was. His tongue would run automatically over his lip piercings, three along his bottom lip, as he stood looking around.

It had been a fairly nice day outside, though Shigeki wasn't particularly a fan of being among the outside world. He had become a bit of a shut in and wasn't a fan of leaving his apartment during the days for the most part. His roommate was concerned for him, something that Shigeki tried constantly to tell him was unwarranted, but he also knew that Kensai had reason to be concerned. After the atrocities that Shigeki had suffered at the hands of his father when he was a child, it was easy for the boy to slip into depression, and that was what had happened as of late, being in a particularly dark place. Kazu leaving had snapped the last thing that he was clinging onto for a normal life, that last burning drive in his heart. That fire was replaced with darkness, and nothing seeming had been able to pull him out of his funk. He had been becoming more cruel with his little "games" at the bars, and he knew that this was a side effect. He had once enjoyed going there and seeing if he could take someone home just for a night of fun, but these days it was more malicious than that, the night of fun being more targeted at destroying people's relationships and lives than just harmless playing around. He had to try to get back to where he had been, and he would do so by trying to dedicate himself back into the life of a shinobi.

A small amount of sweat ran down along some of the medium length blonde and pink hair upon Shigeki's head towards his nose, which he blew off and chuckled. It was unusual for him to sweat, generally being unable to overheat to a point where his body felt it necessary. Clearly he hadn't been working hard enough, or the yoton affinity that he was naturally gifted with would have never allowed him to get to this point. He rested against a wall, his left shoulder to it and arms crossed across his chest. He had his left leg over his right in a very casual way as he awaited the new head of his clan. Apparently it has switched twice since Kazu had left, something else that Shigeki had somehow missed. It didn't really matter however, as Shigeki and this man would have at least one thing in common, and since he was the head of his clan it warranted some level of respect. There was only one Kanetsu in the world that Shigeki hated, and that was his father, a man who to the outside world seemed like a hero, but to Shigeki was the boogeyman. He twirled the cord of his headphones around his finger and continued to play with the rings in his lip, foot tapping as the restless boy waited...

2A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Empty Re: A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
Darkness once again. But not a sentient, all-consuming one as there had been before...it was more of a physical darkness, so dense the child could feel it cradle him as he melted in the woman's arms. Yes, through the blanket, the child could barely make out what was going on in its surroundings, but could only sense the comforting heartbeat, yet somewhat troubled, heart beat of the female through which he had journeyed to this strange and new land. His mother's heart beat began quickening, an eery tension creeping up in the already tainted atmosphere. She had been running for quite some while, the weight of the baby now certainly taking its toll on her. But still she ran, shrouded in darkness, like the wrapped up baby in her arms. It was not too long after they passed the grassy terrain, trees disappearing and more rocky, natural constructs replaced them, the Earth getting harder and the environs a bleak grey, that the mother's unease began to seep through to the child, causing  a silent yet piercing cry, to tear through the unnaturally silent nights sky.

"Shhh....we're almost there my love...you will be safe soon."

Despite the irrevocobably desperate position the woman was in, there was an indescribably bliss that quelmed the baby's stirring. Just as it had done in the house they had left not too long ago, a life that was, by now, long forgotten by the child, and was lost to him. Why were they running? What were they running from? Unaskable questions from the lips of an infant, yet even if they were to be asked by some miracle, the answers to them were lost to the mother. As she continued running, she stole a glance to her infant for a fraction of a second, and there, newly formed tears of her bloodied face, crystals glistening like stars in this otherwise dark world, were made apparent to the child. Although the glance was only slight, even the child could register the pain that was present in those beautiful eyes he had come to know and love; it was a sadness he could not comprehend.

After a while, the mother slowed to a stop in a new land. The baby could smell it in his infantile nose. It was then, that she once again began jumping higher and higher, trying to maneuver her self round through a mountain range for whatever reason.As she jumped, the baby once again noticed that her breathing was different this time, somewhat laboured, but she still continued, unwavering in her mission to get her child to safety. This seemed to go on for an eternity, her breathing worsening more and more, before finally, she stopped. Taking a deep breath, she weakly lifted the baby to her face, smiling her signature beautiful smile before cradling the baby and sitting down to rest, using a mountain wall as a support. Time passed, and the mother's breath weakened more and more, until eventually, it just stopped.

Not too long afterwards, emissaries of darkness appeared on the scene, separating the child from his mother's arms, causing him to cry uncontrollably. One of the shadows, looked over the baby, his Iwagakure headband clear to the child, before raising his two fingers and oscillating them in front of the child, much like a pendulum. Instantly, a certain slumber came upon the baby, its cries exponentially decreasing, before totally ceasing. Then darkness.

It had been a relatively nice day in Iwagakure no Sato. The sun shone brightly as it always did, and the streets were as busy as ever. In fact, it seemed as if the usual hustle and bustle of the village had returned after a long period of uncertainty about the village as a whole. For the longest time, word had been spreading concerning the nature of the Sekuro, Kamuro's rise to being the Tsuchikage of the village. Of course, this was not to do with Karumo's abilities as a shinobi, or even his intellect (although, some had issues with this), but it was more centered on the past Tsuchikage, Kazako, Akira. There had been rumors spreading about his fake identity, and how he actually was a Rogue-nin of the Hyuga clan, one of Konohagakure no Sato's most respected and oldest clans. Naturally, this information had caused a hysteria in the village, especially after it had been confirmed by an announced report from Kirigakure, which Raishi didn't know much about. Although he had never met the former Tsuchikage personally, he had been impressed by how much work he'd managed to do in his short term, regardless of whether he was a Rogue-nin or not. Still, a lot of the village's inhabitants saw cause to invalidate every good think Akira had achieved, just because of this arguably insignificant piece of information. Humans are strange creatures... Raishi thought to himself lazily in his new bedroom, now reflecting on the outrage that had ensued.

There had been several theories as to why and how a rogue nin had managed to infiltrate into the village ranks, and some had even mentioned Kazu, as a possible culprit, leading to a tarnishing of the Kanetsu name. And being the new head of the Kanetsu Clan, Raishi couldn't have that. What am I doing...really? he thought to himself restlessly. Assuming his new office, he had moved into the Clan headquarters; Xiuhcoatl's Maw, the all too distinguishable volcano in the village. He had met a few new faces, given his formal address to the other clan members, and even taken part in a traditional ceremony, yet he still felt very much the same. He had no idea if Satoshi was right to appoint him as his replacement because he still did not feel like he was ready. Neither did he really feel like he was really a proper part of the clan at all, considering the circumstances in which he even got to Iwagakure in the first place. Satoshi...I hope you were right he thought to himself calmly, before getting up and exiting his chambers.

As he walked passed through the different chambers in the volcanic construct, Raishi couldn't help but constantly wipe sweat trickling down his head, away from his face. This was another reason why he felt he didn't fit in. Although he inherited the same resistance to heat as other Kanetsu clan members, he didn't quite inherit the tolerance for it, as he still sweated in cases of high temperatures compared to most other Kanetsu members, and he didn't quite enjoy the heat because of the torrents of sweat that it attracted. Perhaps it's because I always avoid it....perhaps I need to fully embrace my heritage.. he thought to himself calmly, wiping the sweat from his forehead with his left arm. It's true, up until recently when Satoshi had contacted him, he had not been in contact with other clan members. In fact, he had lived nowhere near the volcano, preferring to stay closer to the village outskirts where he could be with Iwayama, his rhinoceros. Moreover, he had been on multiple hiatuses over the past few years from the shinobi life in general, because he had been questioning the point of it all. I still don't know... he thought to himself, now nearing the area closer to the volcano's entrance, the cooler area. Perhaps someday, he would find out.

Raishi was dressed casually, wearing a plain white tee, traditional black shinobi bottoms, and a pair of black shinobi sandals. There was no need to dress up, as he was to meet a fellow Kanetsu member who was more like him than he'd imagined. Kanetsu, Shigeki also lived outside the confines of the Clan's volcanic walls and also seemed to not have been active in the line of duty recently. That was all Raishi knew of him, as the Kanetsu records available to him as clan head, were not as extensive as they would be in the Tsuchikage's office. Still, he looked forward to meeting him. It wasn't long before he approached the younger man closer to the volcano's entrance. Raishi could tell it was him because of how out of place he looked, compared to the traditional dressing Raishi could see with the guards throughout the volcano, and even other Kanetsu members; ; he was shorter than Raishi, less muscular but still athletic, with medium length blonde and pink hair, and he too seemed to be sweating. As he approached, he looked at the man, a bright smile on his face.This should be interesting... Raishi thought curiously.

"It gets a bit hot in here doesn't it? Welcome Shigeki, I'm so glad you were able to make it. I'm Raishimaru, the new Clan Head, but you may call me just Raishi, if you wish. Please, I want you to know that this is a casual meeting, just so we can get to know each other and discuss clan related issues, so please feel free to express yourself however you wish."

TWC: 1538
OOC: sorry it's a bit long x_x and somewhat incohesive. hope it's manageable

3A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Empty Re: A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:51 am

Shigeki

Shigeki

Dead
Shigeki watched the guards milling about in their traditional shinobi garb. He cursed them for not seeming to be bothered at all by the heat, the fact that Shigeki was making him extremely uncomfortable in this place. It was supposed to be the home of his people, and yet it felt so very wrong. He had never lived inside of the volcano, electing instead to live in the village itself among the people there. It wasn't necessarily his choice of course, though since he had left his father's house he could have come back here. He liked the life he had with Kensai and didn't particularly want that to change, however, and so for that reason he still lived in the village. He watched as the guards did their routes and watched as a man who was dressed a little bit differently than everyone else approached him. His dress wouldn't have set him out as much as the fact that he was sweating however, since what he was wearing was essentially traditional shinobi garb but without the flak jacket. The young Kanetsu smirked as he watched the man approach him. He looked like he was maybe a couple of years older than him, maybe around Satoshi's age. He was a tad more muscular than Shigeki was, and looked like he could probably handle himself in a fight. He couldn't believe how young this man who was supposed to be the head of the clan was though. It was simply shocking to think that Kazu had stepped down, and now this man was running the Kanetsu.

When he commented on the heat Shigeki had a quizzical look on his face, having trained here a few times in the past and certainly knowing about the heat. He gave a small chuckle and then listened to the man's very polite introduction. He told him that he was Raishi (because Shigeki wasn't going to remember his full name, that was a lot of work) and that he wanted the two of them to get to know one another and talk about the clan. Shigeki had heard of the man, he had been active around the same time that Shigeki was initially, though he hadn't heard much of him since then for what he assumed were possibly similar reasons to why he had stopped being a shinobi for as long as he had. After becoming a Jounin, Shigeki had found it difficult to continue to do his job, as it seemed kind of pointless, and when Kazu had left it had been the final nail in the coffin for him. He sighed softly and smiled once more towards the man, his smile not being necessarily as warm as his, or as inviting, as Shigeki was neither of those things. Unfortunately his past had left him a fairly cold individual who wasn't generally the most pleasant of company, but he would try his best to not let that show.

"Well met Raishi, and nice to meet you. It seems you know a bit more about me than I do about you, which I suppose as the head of the clan is only fair." He nodded and stroked his chin, his tongue absentmindedly running over the rings on his lips. "I seem to remember you when I was still an active shinobi, back when my uncle Kazu was still the Tsuchikage. Though I don't believe we ever ended up working together, I spent most of my time working with him and Satoshi." His thoughts flashed to Satoshi, who he realised he also hadn't seen in many years. "Have you seen Satoshi recently? I miss him. It's been a while since I've spoken to him..." He wasn't overly great at talking to people, certain nervous twitches kicking in. Something about being the predator at the bars was easier, slipping into that persona that he used there a bit of an escape, but here being himself was extremely difficult. He wanted to ask more questions about Raishi himself, but he found it difficult to actually engage in conversation without prompt, and it was a barrier that he was going to have to get over for this whole shinobi thing to work again. He began biting his bottom lip and wringing his hands together and still tapping his toe. He wasn't consciously doing any of these things, and he was sure to anyone else he just looked like a nervous wreck, something that bothered him even more...

4A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Empty Re: A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:05 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
Right after Raishi had extended his own greetings, the man before him did the same, first letting out a light chuckle in reply to Raishi's comment about the obvious heat in the volcano, before then sighing, smiling and speaking. As Shigeki spoke, Raishi couldn't help but grasp at the opportunity to fully look abosrob the younger looking man in all his physical idiosyncracies. Of course, Raishi had already established that Shigeki was massively different from the average traditional Kanetsu, as seen in his attire and the piercings upon his bottom lip (something Raishi hadn't seen on, frankly, any other shinobi talk less of Kanetsu clan mebers), but this difference spanned much more than that of the man's style and outfit. Shigeki was an astonishly beautiful human specimen, and if not for the fact that Raishi knew he was, in fact, a male from the clan records, he would have had problems with discerning the Shigeki's gender if he had randomly met him around the village in ambiguous clothing. His fluid beauty, stood at odds with the somewhat stereotypical hard-faced and tough Kanetsu, as did his soft voice.

"Well met Raishi, and nice to meet you. It seems you know a bit more about me than I do about you, which I suppose as the head of the clan is only fair"

At this, Raishi merely shrugged, his warm smile still on his face. Not that much really.. Raishi thought to himself in passing. The clan records tended not to keep extensive information on each member, as this type of information was for the Tsuchikage's office alone to truly handle. But practically, it didn't tend to be an issue, as the clan was set up on a basis of familial principles, so it was expected to have strong relationships with each of your clan members within the volcanic compound. Although of course, since Shigeki never lived in the headquarters, there was especially minimal information on him. In fact, since Raishi himself hadn't lived in the olcano before now, this added more tensions between him and the other members of the clan that did dwell there, because he was essentially an outsider and a stranger to them - one of the issues he had to face.

"I seem to remember you when I was still an active shinobi, back when my uncle Kazu was still the Tsuchikage. Though I don't believe we ever ended up working together, I spent most of my time working with him and Satoshi."

With his left hand, Raishi absent mindedly wiped the sweat trickling slowly down his forehead backwards into his hair, whilst managing to maintain a curious look with a lifted eyebrow. Oh so he heard of me then... he thought. Raishi remembered the exact period Shigeki was talking about, and yes, he indeed was quasiactive during the time Kazu was Tsuchikage. But, it didn't last long, as he had taken another leave off duty during that time due to his hesitations concerning the life he that had been chosen for him to live. In fact, it was during those times that he actually discovered information concerning his past, something he initially had had no clue about since his childhood, and he had also come to terms with being a Kanetsu. It seems so long ago now... he thought to himself. Before Raishi could think to comment on what Shigeki had said, he followed up with a quick question, his eyes housing what seemed to be an undertone of sadness.

"Have you seen Satoshi recently? I miss him. It's been a while since I've  spoken to him..."

Of course.. Raishi thought to himself sadly. Satoshi had been in Konoha for a while, leaving some time before Raishi himself had rejoined the shinobi ranks recently, and he hadn't seen him for years up till recently. So he could fully understand what Shigeki was feeling in that respect. After sighing lightly, Raishi unconsciously wiped his right eyebrow with his right index finger, a somewhat sad smile on his face as he spoke.

"I actually saw him just a few months ago, but before then, I hadn't seen him in years due to a long leave of absence I took from the shinobi life. It turns out that he has been in Konoha for a while, and has actually been chosen to be a diplomat in the Hidden Leaf due to his friendship with the Hokage. When we met, he'd come back to finalise his plans to move to the village, and also to appoint me as the new Clan Head."

A sad smile still on his face, Raishi couldn't help but recall the meeting he had had with Satoshi, and what it had felt like to hear the heavuy request. He still felt inadequate and he knew that some of the clans members he was living with felt the same. Still, he smiled a fresh smile, the memory of Satoshi vivid in his mind.

"Frankly, he hasn't changed much. Although, he seems to have picked up Seijutsu, as he had a ninken companion that apparently belongs the Inuzuka clan pack. I remember wondering how close he could've gotten with the Hokage to have pulled that off!"

He chuckled lightly as he made the comment about Satoshi's companion, before speaking once more.

"And yes, I was, in fact, active during Kazu's term as Tsuchikage, although for a verys short period of time. I took a hiatus in shinobi duty not too long after he was announced, so that's possibly why we never got the chance to work together...

Looking at Shigeki, Raishi couldn't help but notice the man biting his bottom lip and wringing his hands together, whilst also attentively listening.He's doing it subconsciously...anxiety? Raishi reasoned, stirring up an internal worry that was absent in his smile. He hoped more than anything that it wasn't himself making Shigeki uncomfortable or nervous, as that was the exact opposite of what he was trying to achieve. Perhaps I'm smiling too much...he thought.

Of course, he knew these were manifestions of nervousness, as he had had first experience with such a case when he was in the Academy. Aoi, a class mate, had been such an a nervous child, despite his façade of being the coolest kid in class, and everytime he was asked a question in class, he would always flick his fingers one by one, putting his hands behind his back to try to hide it. But Raishi could see it, he was sitting right next to him after all. This was his way of coping with his nerves, rather than facing them head on. Unfortunately, this method proved to be ineffective during jutsu demonstrations, where he needed his hands to weave hand seals. Needless to say, he never graduated the Academy.

Gesturing towards Shigeki, Raishi walked deeper into the volcano hoping his new acquaintance would follow. He had no particular destination, but only wanted to walk through the compound as he spoke to Shigeki. Aimless walking and talking always did seem to work with Aoi.

"You have been inactive for quite some time haven't you? Being someone who has gone inactive a few times myself, I would like to know why you decided to take a leave? And what have you been doing since then?"

TWC:2784

5A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Empty Re: A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Shigeki

Shigeki

Dead
Shigeki perked up slightly at hearing about Satoshi, but then got a little bit down again when he was told that he had left for Konoha. It made him a little bit sad to hear that his friend would be leaving the village, who also happened to be the last friend he had with any ties to the shinobi world, besides maybe Nanashi if he was still around. It was interesting to hear that Satoshi had been the clan head for a while, but Shigeki supposed he wasn't actually that surprised. HE listened to him talk about how Satoshi seemed to have picked up an Inuzuka pet, which surprised him a little bit, knowing that the Inuzuka were not traditionally known for just taking in strays, though he had heard that one of the previous Hokage had been known to do this from time to time. He wondered if the famous Kenta Inuzuka had returned to the Wooden Throne?

Raishi chuckled before continuing, mentioning that he was indeed around for a while when Kazu was the Tsuchikage, though he went on hiatus shortly after he was promoted, which was likely why Shigeki didn't really know him. Shigeki himself had been active through all of Kazu being kage, and a little bit before that. He remembered the day that KAzu was instated still, feeling an immense pride at his cousin being named Tsuchikage. He was proud to work under one of the members of his family who actually made him feel like family, unlike his father who was a grade A piece of shit. He had learned to work with others, and had gotten along with a few of the people in the village, before Kazu had disappeared. He left without a word, but Shigeki remembered the dark cloud above the village when several mysterious ninja had started seeking asylum in their village. The group had been ousted at some point, and even though the Bloody Mist village considered them heroes, Shigeki knew their true colours. They were all criminals, every last one of them.

Thinking about the days that the village housed the "Aoi Bara" made Shigeki angry, causing him to bite his bottom lip before releasing it and sighing, going back to playing with the rings once more. Raishi made a gesture as though telling Shigeki to follow him, which he did, moving a little bit deeper into the volcano. He brought the sleeve of his coat up to wipe his forehead, somewhat wondering why he had decided to wear this in the first place. Raishi mentioned Shigeki's inactivity and asked him why he had gone inactive, causing a frown to cross his face. He had assumed that this question might come up, and he wasn't entirely sure what the answer would be. He bit his lip once more and sighed softly, wringing his hands together as he spoke.

"That...is a complicated answer...I left for many reasons. I became a shinobi to become better than my father, who is an abusive piece of shit who I will not mention again. After becoming a shinobi I quickly realised that it was a fairly pointless job, there never really seemed to be any purpose behind all of the killing and the pain. I stayed around as long as I did because Kazu became the Tsuchikage, and he took me under his wing, giving me a father figure for the first time in my life who actually cared about me. It made me feel a lot better, and gave me something a little more noble to aspire to be like..." He paused for a second and looked down at his boots, noticing that the glow in the volcano seemed to cause an interesting shimmer off of them. "When he vanished...it really upset me. My one tie to the shinobi world was gone. I didn't just quit being a shinobi, I quit humanity. I went to a very dark place, playing twisted games...Almost throwing..." He stopped once more. He had never told anyone that he had nearly killed himself, and he wasn't sure if he was ready to do so just yet. His breathing was becoming slightly more difficult, anxiety setting in, but he pushed through it, slowed his breathing and sighed once more.

"My roommate pushed me back into the shinobi world. He said he was worried about me, that being a shinobi seemed to have made me happy when I was, and that I had gotten to a point where I really needed something to focus on. It was the right thing to do, or at least it seems that way right now.." He looked back up towards Raishi, sadness crossing Shigeki's face as he did. He tried to hide it, but sometimes it was simply difficult to do. "What about yourself? Why did you leave?"

6A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Empty Re: A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:54 am

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
"That...is a complicated answer...I left for many reasons. I became a shinobi to become better than my father, who is an abusive piece of shit who I will not mention again. After becoming a shinobi I quickly realised that it was a fairly pointless job, there never really seemed to be any purpose behind all of the killing and the pain. I stayed around as long as I did because Kazu became the Tsuchikage, and he took me under his wing, giving me a father figure for the first time in my life who actually cared about me. It made me feel a lot better, and gave me something a little more noble to aspire to be like...When he vanished...it really upset me. My one tie to the shinobi world was gone. I didn't just quit being a shinobi, I quit humanity. I went to a very dark place, playing twisted games...Almost throwing..."

As he heard Shigeki answer his question, Raishi's habitual warm and welcoming smile evaporated, replaced by an undeniable expression of shock and sadness. He wasn't one to be surprised by suffering or pain, neither was he one to be called naive; he was a shinobi after all, and as such, he was given a first hand seat to the evils of the world. But he still could not fathom how such could be done to a child by their parent, by the one who is supposed to protect them from the evils of the world. Shigeki... he thought sadly, looking at his comrades face as he continued to speak. Raishi had thought that the man's signs of anxiety were just a part of Shigeki that he was struggling with, or that he was just nervous meeting Raishi for the first time, but now, Raishi recognised that it was the evidence of something much more sinister. He had no idea how he was abused but he knew for a fact that the signs of anxiety shown by Shigeki, were actually evidence of abuse. The fact that he even breezed so quickly through the explanation about his father...Shigeki...

As Shigeki continued on quickly, explaining his initial reservations concerning the shinobi life as a whole and Kazu's role in keeping him somewhat afloat, Raishi couldn't help but smile a sad smile. Despite not knowing being as close to Kazu as he probably should have, his departure affected Raishi as well, albeit not as much as it had Shigeki. For the longest time, Kazu had been the embodiment of what Raishi had strived to be: important. At a certain point, Raishi had even been higher in rank to Kazu, but still he'd managed to shoot up to the highest of ranks in the village, and this truly inspired come part of Raishi. This didn't come without it's negatives of course, but the fact that Kazu left for whatever reason he had, sort of showed Raishi that importance was pointless, which even lengthened his inactivity at the time. Moreover, there was the entire issue about who Kazu had associated himself with during his time as Kage, and now that it had been revealed that Akira, one of Kazu's 'associates', was actually a rogue ninja of the Hidden Leaf, an issue that was now affecting the image of the clan as a whole.

"My roommate pushed me back into the shinobi world. He said he was worried about me, that being a shinobi seemed to have made me happy when I was, and that I had gotten to a point where I really needed something to focus on. It was the right thing to do, or at least it seems that way right now."

A light smile crept on Raishi face, the first happy one since before Shigeki had dropped the bomb about the abuse he had experience from his father. He was glad. Despite what horrors he must have gone through, there always seemed to be someone there for Shigeki that managed to anchor him to reality, showing him that life is filled with as much good as bad. Although Raishi could be described as a lone wolf, and has been for as long as he could remember, he could understand a person's need for others to keep them going. In fact, it could be argued that there was one person that Raishi himself relied on...

"What about yourself? Why did you leave?"

Raishi stayed silent for a few moments, reflecting deeply on the question as he walked with Shigeki. Despite walking deeper into the volcano, he noticed that the heat was not increasing in intensity as much as he'd thought it would. A stream of sweat still trickled jovially down his temples though, but he didn't mind much.

"A few months after I left the Academy, I was promoted to Chunin; the first of my entire graduating class to be promoted, and personally picked by the then Tsuchikage, Dengen Sanroku. To me, this was a testament to my skill, and I was certain that I'd continue to speedily climb through the ranks, gain a name for myself etc that sort of thing. But months passed, years passed, and I was still in the same position. And so, I began doubting my abilities as a shinobi, equating stagnancy to mediocrity. Because of that, I didn't see the point in continuing to work if I was just going to stay in the same place. So I wallowed in my own perceived inadequacy for quite some time. This was the first time I left."

Chuckling lightly, Raishi stretched out his arms lazily. He had been quite naive and arrogant just a few years ago. It was amazing how much he had changed since then. He. continued on with a smile

"Eventually, I got back to duty and was promoted to Special Jounin sometime before Dengen's unfortunate death from his illness. Of course, his death led to the ascension of my dear friend, Arashi Nekomotze, to the role of Tsuchikage, the youngest age in recorded history. In my head, we were both competing and he had been beating me, but I wasn't one to lose without a fight, so I worked my hardest. Alas, this didn't last long, as he was killed by one of the Schichouza. After his death, I took a leave of absence from duty, as I tried to reflect on this life, the shinobi life I hadn't chosen for myself"

He before continuing, flashed of memories of Arashi running through his mind.

"I was bitter for a long time and I questioned it all; the violence, the loss, the pain. It all seemed needless to me. In fact, I never knew Amida, Tomio, and I only came back shortly before Kazu had been announced to be the Kage out of respect as a fellow clan member, and, as I said earlier, I left not too long after he was announced, still questioning the point of it all. Although, I did participate in the Seven Bells War in Kirigakure, but that was more for a change of scenery than anything. And it even added to more speculation about the point of this life we are to live."

As he spoke, he faced straight on, without actually looking at what was ahead of him. Instead, he was deep in thought, recalling several instances from the period of time he was referring to.

"It was only recently that I'd come to a conclusion, which is the reason I am here right now anyway. Would you like to know what that is?"

TWC: 4067
OOC: sorry for taking a while, been busy with work, but I'm free for the next 2 weeks so my replies will be much quicker

7A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Empty Re: A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:42 pm

Shigeki

Shigeki

Dead
"A few months after I left the Academy, I was promoted to Chunin; the first of my entire graduating class to be promoted, and personally picked by the then Tsuchikage, Dengen Sanroku. To me, this was a testament to my skill, and I was certain that I'd continue to speedily climb through the ranks, gain a name for myself etc that sort of thing. But months passed, years passed, and I was still in the same position. And so, I began doubting my abilities as a shinobi, equating stagnancy to mediocrity. Because of that, I didn't see the point in continuing to work if I was just going to stay in the same place. So I wallowed in my own perceived inadequacy for quite some time. This was the first time I left."

Shigeki stroked his chin. He had gone from Genin essentially straight to Jounin in a very short time, so he would never understand what it felt like to be stuck in one place. He tried to think about it for a second, and he imagined it likely would be irritating, but he also thought it might have benifited Shigeki himself to stay in the lower ranks for a little bit longer. He would look back towards Raishi as he stretched, and then he saw the smile on his face before he continued to speak.

"Eventually, I got back to duty and was promoted to Special Jounin sometime before Dengen's unfortunate death from his illness. Of course, his death led to the ascension of my dear friend, Arashi Nekomotze, to the role of Tsuchikage, the youngest age in recorded history. In my head, we were both competing and he had been beating me, but I wasn't one to lose without a fight, so I worked my hardest. Alas, this didn't last long, as he was killed by one of the Schichouza. After his death, I took a leave of absence from duty, as I tried to reflect on this life, the shinobi life I hadn't chosen for myself"

Shigeki had heard of Arashi's death, which had happened around the time he was in the academy. It was a situation that had devestated the village, as it had happened so shortly after the loss of their previous Tsuchikage. He frowned slightly and looked down at his feet as the older Kanetsu continued his story.

"I was bitter for a long time and I questioned it all; the violence, the loss, the pain. It all seemed needless to me. In fact, I never knew Amida, Tomio, and I only came back shortly before Kazu had been announced to be the Kage out of respect as a fellow clan member, and, as I said earlier, I left not too long after he was announced, still questioning the point of it all. Although, I did participate in the Seven Bells War in Kirigakure, but that was more for a change of scenery than anything. And it even added to more speculation about the point of this life we are to live."

It was interesting to hear the parallells in the two's careers that were drawn from this part of his story. While Shigeki had started being a shinobi when Kazu was the kage, and Raishi had been one for a while, they both came to the same conclusions about the job. Raishi left slightly before Shigeki had, of course, but once Kazu was gone, Shigeki left shortly after. He hadn't been around for the reigns of Nanashi (whom he had spent a night with one time, the two of them enjoying one another's company), or Akira, who as it turned out was a missing nin. He had come back hearing that there had fairly recently been a new Kage named, and he was happy to serve under him, as Karumo seemed like a good guy, despite their first meeting not going overly well.

"It was only recently that I'd come to a conclusion, which is the reason I am here right now anyway. Would you like to know what that is?"

Shigeki looked forward quizzically for a second, stroking his chin once again. "It is funny to hear how similar our ideas on the shinobi world are, and though we both took different paths, they also seemed so similar. What is the reason you're here?" He looked around the volcano once more, sighing as he didn't particularly like feeling as though he was somewhat trapped in a place. He generally liked to meet people outside for that reason...

8A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Empty Re: A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:55 am

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
"It is funny to hear how similar our ideas on the shinobi world are, and though we both took different paths, they also seemed so similar. What is the reason you're here?"

Raishi couldn't help but smile as Shigeki said this. It was true, life had given them different paths, different experiences, and yet, they managed to develop the skepticism towards the world around them. He paused for a few seconds, breathing in deeply and letting out a long sigh before replying.

"This may sound somewhat nihilist, but I realised that it didn't matter."

He paused once more, wiping some sweat off his face.

"And by that, I mean that there was no point pondering why life was the way it was, questioning the meaning behind it all. A bird does not awaken and question why it sings, neither does the wolf question its romance with the moon. Because to question ones essence or the essence of the reality in which they reside, is to step out of themselves; to effectively stop living in order to fully observe yourself as a third party. And we all know if you're not living, you're doing the other thing..."

A coolness washed Raishi's voice as he spoke, counterracting the heat of the volcano. But it wasn't a hard coldness, but rather, one of a calm acceptance.

"You see, life is for living, but that isn't to say that it's easy. Yes, there will always be pain, there will always be suffering. But how else will you know you're alive if you weren't to face hardship? This is what I've realised about life in general. Now in relation to the shinobi world, it doesn't matter. All that matters is that you live it, not just for your sake, but also for those around you. When a bird sings, is its sweet music not audible to everyone aorund it? Likewise, a wolves howls are heard by all in the dead of night, both those who fear it, and its comrades. Likewise, the life of a shinobi, the life of any man, is lived for the purpose of those around them whether they realise it or not. Regardless of what side they're on, their cause, background or era."

After saying this, Raishi stopped talking for a bit, letting his words sink in to Shigeki. He would wait for any questions or comments the younger man had and reply to them, before turning round the way they had come. This time, they had a destination, and it was to go outside the clan compound. This was because he had a sensitive issue he needed to talk to Shigeki about, and felt slightly uncomfortable saying it in the presence of the other Kanetsu clan members. It was bad enough that they barely accepted him, so he didn't want to risk any of them overhearing him as it would stir up some conspiracy against him. Now stepping outside, Raishi appreciated the cold wind that greeted his slightly sweating face, a good change from the stuffy volcano that he had just come out of. About 20 meters away from the volcano, Raishi looked back at the volcano, remembering a time when it hadn't been the clan's official spot. He then turned to Shigeki, his voice slightly more serious than before.

"Sorry I brought you all the way out here, this is a sensitive topic and I didn't want to risk someone overhearing us. You see, my position as Clan Head hasn't really been greeted with joy all round, as I'm sort of an outsider....but that story will come another time. You and Kazu were very close yes? I've been hearing rumours for quite some time now, rumours that seem to be validated. But I wanted to ask you who had worked closely with him first hand. Did he ever associate himself with or even deal with criminals? "

TWC: 4715

9A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Empty Re: A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:41 pm

Shigeki

Shigeki

Dead
"This may sound somewhat nihilist, but I realised that it didn't matter."

Shigeki smirked at this comment. There really was no point in the shinobi lifestyle. It was a constant battle of kill or be killed and for essentially nothing. You get paid? Big deal. You can get paid doing far less dangerous jobs and make as much if not more money. It really wasn't worth the risk.

"And by that, I mean that there was no point pondering why life was the way it was, questioning the meaning behind it all. A bird does not awaken and question why it sings, neither does the wolf question its romance with the moon. Because to question ones essence or the essence of the reality in which they reside, is to step out of themselves; to effectively stop living in order to fully observe yourself as a third party. And we all know if you're not living, you're doing the other thing..."

Another ponderous look crossed the younger Kanetsu's face. He wasn't entirely sure what Raishi was on about. He wasn't necessarily wrong, obviously if you weren't living you were dead. That just made sense. He was an intelligent man, but he wasn't particularly find of philosophical discussions about the meaning of life. Those were things better left up to philosophers, not shinobi, and Shigeki certainly wasn't a philosopher. He stroked his chin as Raishi continued, curious to see what exactly he was getting too with this line of conversation.

"You see, life is for living, but that isn't to say that it's easy. Yes, there will always be pain, there will always be suffering. But how else will you know you're alive if you weren't to face hardship? This is what I've realised about life in general. Now in relation to the shinobi world, it doesn't matter. All that matters is that you live it, not just for your sake, but also for those around you. When a bird sings, is its sweet music not audible to everyone aorund it? Likewise, a wolves howls are heard by all in the dead of night, both those who fear it, and its comrades. Likewise, the life of a shinobi, the life of any man, is lived for the purpose of those around them whether they realise it or not. Regardless of what side they're on, their cause, background or era."

Finally to the meat and potatoes of the train of thought. Shigeki nodded as he spoke, understanding what he was saying finally. The shinobi life was one that was led fr the sake of the village. The majority of the job was literally protecting your village from harm, or doing missions to protect others. Shigeki had known this and it was a part of the reason he had come back, his roommate having told him that helping other people made him happy before and he should try to get back into it. He realized that Raishi had stopped speaking, giving Shigeki a chance to interject.

"Yes of course, we have always known it is the duty of the shinobi to live and die for others, but I left because I was tired of that cycle. It is unfair that we should give up everything for people who simply don't understand what it is we are doing for them, or worst of all people who do understand and simply don't care. While we occasionally are recognized, it is more often that our work goes without notice or praise. I mean, I don't care about praise honestly, but a thank you every now and again would be nice. I left because I was sick of all of the ingrates who treat us like we are lower than shit. The only issue with that is when you then spiral back down into crippling depression due to your terrible past and no longer having an outlet, it becomes an issue. I'm glad to be back, but I'm not doing it for them. I'm doing this for me, and for my friends who deserve my loyalty and protection. I will never be a puppet again for those who do not appreciate what it is we do for them..."

He was clearly angry, his fists curled up into balls and a fierce intensity in his eye. He calmed down a little bit as the two of them continued to walk, going outside which was a plesant surprised for Shigeki. He was sick of the heat of being in the volcano, and it likely wasn't good for his anger. When he hit the cooler air, it relaxed him considerably. Raishi stopped, and Shigeki followed suit, watching the older shinobi turn to face him.

"Sorry I brought you all the way out here, this is a sensitive topic and I didn't want to risk someone overhearing us. You see, my position as Clan Head hasn't really been greeted with joy all round, as I'm sort of an outsider....but that story will come another time. You and Kazu were very close yes? I've been hearing rumours for quite some time now, rumours that seem to be validated. But I wanted to ask you who had worked closely with him first hand. Did he ever associate himself with or even deal with criminals? "

It didn't take a long time for Shigeki's mood to cloud over once more, a darkness surrounding him as Raishi asked the question that he knew people had been thinking of him recently. He was close to Kazu, of course, one of the closest in the village, and because that everyone wanted to know about Kazu and criminals. Shigeki gritted his teeth at the question; he couldn't stand the allocations against his cousin whom he loved dearly. The thought of the thing was nonsense, and he refused to believe that Kazu had dealt with such people.

He thought back to sitting in his office, the two of them conversing when Kazu would suddenly receive word that would turn his face dark. He would tell Shigeki that he would have to leave as his next meetings would be private, which would always disappoint the young teen. Shigeki would never leave right away, standing outside of the door so he coiuld try to hear what was going on. There was almost always speak of blue roses, which hadn't meant much to Shigeki at the time, though now he knew better. The names that they mentioned were extremely famous people in the shinobi world, names like Mitsuo Sarutobi and Gin Kuroka, both of whom were ex Kage of their villages in Konoha and Suna respectively. There was talk of a mansion, and of the goals of the organization, and what they wanted Kazu to do for them. He never heard the Leader's name, but it had recently been assumed that that was Akira, the previous Tsuchikage.

He remembered hearing about crime syndicates, drug cartels, slavery rings, weapon smugglers, all sorts of horrible things. He did also seem to remember that Kazu and those people were working together to stop them, so there was no way they could be all bad, right? There was only one name of one person who he had known that Kazu was harboring that ever truly bothered Shigeki, and that was the missing ninja from their own village, Tame. Tame had killed a Hokage and the previous Raikage, the peace loving Reika, who had since been replaced by a tyrant. Shigeki had heard his dealings with Kazu and it had sickened him. It was part of the reason he had left the shinobi world in the first place. Filled with conflict, shigeki steeled himself, making sure he had a straight face, and putting his hands behind his back so he could wring them together without it looking like a nervous tick.

"It pains me that people still buy into such rumours. Kazu Kanetsu was a great man, and a great Tsuchikage. He led our vilalge and our clan well for a long time, and the way that people talk about him now is disgusting. While it may be true that there were criminals hiding out on the outskirts of the village, I am sure that Kazu never had any such dealings with them. He knew that to do so would be a crime, and he would never stoop so low. I don't want to hear anyone speak ill of my cousin again." His voice was curt and just the right amount of hurt to be convincing. Acting was something Shigeki was quite good at, and why he was being considered for a roll in the ANBU as it turned out, and he was proud of his acting chops. He refused to give up Kazu to anyone, even his own clan, and it was something that he would always keep to himself, for the dealings of a man long gone were insignificant, but the dealings of a legend would tarnish his name, and Shigeki wouldn't allow that to happen.

10A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Empty Re: A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:01 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
"It pains me that people still buy into such rumours. Kazu Kanetsu was a great man, and a great Tsuchikage. He led our village and our clan well for a long time, and the way that people talk about him now is disgusting. While it may be true that there were criminals hiding out on the outskirts of the village, I am sure that Kazu never had any such dealings with them. He knew that to do so would be a crime, and he would never stoop so low. I don't want to hear anyone speak ill of my cousin again."

Listening to Shigeki's response, Raishi couldn't help but nod sadly in agreement with him. He was sure that all the younger Kanetsu was saying was true, as Kazu was one of their own, and having met Kazu personally a number of times before he was the Tsuchikage, Raishi could hardly believe that it was the same man he had known that they were talking about. It all just doesn't add up.. he thought to himself, annoyed. As he continued listening, Raishi noticed that a certain coldness emanated from Shigeki as he spoke, and could even imagine a darkness suddenly clouding around him. Of course, it's understandable... he thought. Earlier on, Shigeki had disclosed just how much Kazu meant to him, how he had effectively been the beacon of sanity for him, during dark dark times. So it was understandable that the man wouldn't be taking such defamation of Kazu lightly. Not only because he believed he knew the previous Kage more than anyone, and concluded that Kazu was not that person, but also because of the implications involved of such rumours holding even just a shred of truth. I can't imagine what he must be feeling, Raishi thought, as he looked sadly at Shigeki.

The man spoke briefly, each word increasing in melancholic density. He was now ending his response, and Raishi found it interesting how he had composed himself. All previous subconscious shows of anxiety were now replaced with a distinctive assuredness, one Raishi had the impression that the younger man did not even have. It seems that pain is the only thing he is sure of... Raishi thought sadly. It was a true testament of just how much the man had been through, and it did not even occur to Raishi the chance of it being a masque at all, for what could he possibly have to hide anyway? And why? Raishi released a deep sigh, before finally speaking sadly.

"Forgive me for blindsiding you, it was cruel of me to do so for you had just told me how much Kazu meant, still means, to you. But you must understand, I have to ask these things. How much do you know of our history? The history of the Kanetsu?"

He spoke with a sad tone, staring back at the unassuming volcano in the distance that they had just come out of. Xiuhcoatl's Maw, one of the biggest mountains in the entire country, and the only somewhat active volcano, had belonged to the clan for generations, yet it was only just only a less than a decaded ago that the entire clan had assumed the volcano's inner chambers as the official clan compound. Before then, a lot of the Kanetsu had lived in the midst of all other villagers, taking residence in several of the shinobi domiciles scattered across Iwagakure no Sato. A cool breeze lightly swept across Raishi's face, taking with it the vestigial flickerings of sweat from when he had been in the volcano. He would listen to Shigeki answer what he had asked in passing, before continuing on with what he had to say.

"I'll admit, I don't know much of our history. I never really bothered to learn about the past really, but it's inevitable that I do learn more, being the clan head and all. It'd be no less embarrassing if I were to be in meetings and I'd have no idea what was being referred to. So yes, I don't know much, but what I do know is that in as much as the Kanetsu clan were one of the core clans that came together to form Iwagakure no Sato -much like the Konohagakure's Uchiha, or Senju- we were not always accepted. You see, during the era of warring clans, we were feared around these lands for the destructive power of our kekkei genkai. In fact, it is sometimes said that the Land of Earth is bare as it is now, in terms of plant life, because of our kekkei genkai terraforming the land after countless battle. We were seen as destructive, maybe even barbarians, and not to be trusted. So this whole ordeal with Kazu being allegedly associated with criminals, it paints all of us in an incredible bad light, as there are those who remember the past, and are attributing his actions to our clan...traits"

It was easy to tell that Raishi's new position was in fact tiring. Despite only assumign the role for a few weeks, he was already weighed down with worries and issues concerning not only the village and the clan's role in it as a whole. As he spoke, one could here his frustrations and fatigue concerning the issue. It was bad enough that he had to face all this issues without prior experience, but the fact that some of his own clan as well, the clan he was fighting hard to keep their good name clean, did not accept him as well. He would then turn to Shigeki, before smiling weakly, and continuing with a sad tone.

"It's sort of like what you said earlier. As shinobi, we give up everything for people who simply don't understand or care about what we do for them. And even at the times where we do manage to garner some recognition, one little misstep, and all of that is invalidated.We see this in Kazu's case, where even though he did well for the village, the mere rumour of him dealing with criminals is enough to tarnish his name. We also see this with Kazako, Akira, where even though he was arguably the best Tsuchikage of the past decade, his name is spat on in the streets because he revealed himself ot be a missing-nin."

Raishi sighed once more, before turning away from Shigeki to look towards the volcano once again, his thoughts all about the place. He had to resolve this issue, he needed to get some answers. But he didn't know how. As he spoke this time, a fierce determination was laced in his words.

"I know I'm new to this, and half of the time I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to have this position. But I know that I have to solve this issue. For the sake of both the clan, and for truth. You've said that he didn't do as they say he did, but the word of a fellow Kanetsu would hardly carry much weight in the eyes of the people. I would have to look for someone else to clear Kazu's name, and by extension, the clan's. Perhaps, I could seek out one of the criminals..."

His speech trailed off as he delved in deep thought.

TWC: 5966

11A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Empty Re: A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:18 pm

Shigeki

Shigeki

Dead
"Forgive me for blindsiding you, it was cruel of me to do so for you had just told me how much Kazu meant, still means, to you. But you must understand, I have to ask these things. How much do you know of our history? The history of the Kanetsu?"

He sounded a little bit sadder than he had previously, which meant that Shigeki had struck a chord with him. He didn't know this man very well, but it seemed as though he had some compassion anyway, or was at least sympathetic to what Shigeki had been through in his life, which was something that he appreciated. He personally didn't know much of the Kanetsu clan to be fair, as he didn't speak with his father, and hadn't been able to talk to Kazu in a long time. He had spent the majority of his life essentially trying to get out from the shadow of his name, but it was never to be as it was impossible to escape one's past. Shigeki looked out once more, thinking of what to say, though he knew very little and assumed that simply admitting that would be the easiest way to go.

"I sadly don't know too much about our clan. My father is a knowledgeable person, he was a well respected member of the village at one point and knew the history well, but I do not speak with him, and refuse too. Perhaps it was because of this that I never personally took too much interest in our clans history, but it never seemed like something that was actually important for me to know. All I knew was it was my name, and the Yoton chakra was in my blood. Kazu never talked to me much about the history of the clan, only of the power that we possessed and how to harness it, as well as unlocking my potential in other areas." He trailed off, sighing once more as he thought back to having Kazu in his life. It was a hard thing, losing the person who had been like a father to you, and it still stung him that Kazu was gone.

"I'll admit, I don't know much of our history. I never really bothered to learn about the past really, but it's inevitable that I do learn more, being the clan head and all. It'd be no less embarrassing if I were to be in meetings and I'd have no idea what was being referred to. So yes, I don't know much, but what I do know is that in as much as the Kanetsu clan were one of the core clans that came together to form Iwagakure no Sato -much like the Konohagakure's Uchiha, or Senju- we were not always accepted. You see, during the era of warring clans, we were feared around these lands for the destructive power of our kekkei genkai. In fact, it is sometimes said that the Land of Earth is bare as it is now, in terms of plant life, because of our kekkei genkai terraforming the land after countless battle. We were seen as destructive, maybe even barbarians, and not to be trusted. So this whole ordeal with Kazu being allegedly associated with criminals, it paints all of us in an incredible bad light, as there are those who remember the past, and are attributing his actions to our clan...traits"

As he spoke of the history of the clan, Shigeki gritted his teeth once more. He had heard rumors of how the Kanetsu clan was feared, and he didn't blame people. They had an extremely powerful bloodline, and the ability to harvest and use lava was one that should rightfully be feared. He had heard a little bit differently however, about how their advanced element was stolen and genetically implanted into the members of the clan, how it had originally been used by one of the early Mizukage, who was apparently a force to be reckoned with, knowing both Lava release and Boil release, making her someone who was feared world wide. When he came back to Kazu and his supposed association with criminals, Shigeki would scowl once more. He wasn't happy being in the situation he was currently in, and was ready to take his leave, but he figured he would hear out the last of what Raishi had to say before he left to get on with doing something a little bit less distressing to him.

"It's sort of like what you said earlier. As shinobi, we give up everything for people who simply don't understand or care about what we do for them. And even at the times where we do manage to garner some recognition, one little misstep, and all of that is invalidated.We see this in Kazu's case, where even though he did well for the village, the mere rumour of him dealing with criminals is enough to tarnish his name. We also see this with Kazako, Akira, where even though he was arguably the best Tsuchikage of the past decade, his name is spat on in the streets because he revealed himself ot be a missing-nin."

Akira was not someone who Shigeki had ever had dealings with. He had heard good things about him, however, and he actually had seen him before, though that wasn't the name that he was going by at the time. He was one of the members of the missing ninja group that had nested themselves in the outskirts of the village, and was the one who would frequently speak to Kazu about business, something that Shigeki wouldn't forget. He was impressed that he had managed to become the Tsuchikage for a period of time, as he wasn't someone who was known around the village, and he seemingly rose from nowhere. He had heard of the good things that he had done while in charge, rebuilding the village after its reputation had been dragged through the dirt and making it a better place in general. Was he better than Kazu? That wasn't something that Shigeki really cared to think of, but he his opinion was his own, and nobody could change that.

"I know I'm new to this, and half of the time I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to have this position. But I know that I have to solve this issue. For the sake of both the clan, and for truth. You've said that he didn't do as they say he did, but the word of a fellow Kanetsu would hardly carry much weight in the eyes of the people. I would have to look for someone else to clear Kazu's name, and by extension, the clan's. Perhaps, I could seek out one of the criminals..."

He trailed off and Shigeki believed that he was finished with his speech. "There were no criminals to find sadly, Kazu never dealt with them and even if you did find a criminal, why would they tell you anything? Everybody has an opinion, whether they're right or wrong, and unfortunately there generally isn't anything that can be done to change peoples opinions on situations like this one. I will continue fighting to ensure that Kazu isn't dragged through the mud, and I hope that you will do the same and stop spreading that awful drab about him dealing with missing ninja." He began to walk towards the exit once more, preparing to leave. "I'm sorry that this conversation couldn't be more enlightening to you, but I am not really the most knowledgeable person on most situations. I have to get back to work now, so that I can fight to defend our village as an ANBU agent. Nobody will ever question the loyalty of Shigeki Kanetsu, the cousin and closest relative of Kazu Kanetsu, who was one of the greatest leaders this village has ever seen. It was good to meet you.." He walked away and made his way back towards the administrative building of the village, determined more than ever for the Tsuchikage to accept him into the role that he wanted...

{Exit Thread}

Endurance C-B 2575
Speed C-B 2575
Strength D1-D3 850
39 words discarded

12A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Empty Re: A Family Matter (Raishi/No Kill) Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
As Shigeki spoke, Raishi couldn't help but feel a bit guilty. He understood why, to the Kanetsu before him, it could possibly look as if Raishi himself was siding with those who decided to tarnish Kazu's name, but he wasn't. All he merely wanted to do, was find out the truth. He knew Kazu as well, and didn't really believe what was being said about him either, but he wanted to find out nonetheless, for certainty for all their sakes. He listened in silence.

"I'm sorry that this conversation couldn't be more enlightening to you, but I am not really the most knowledgeable person on most situations. I have to get back to work now, so that I can fight to defend our village as an ANBU agent. Nobody will ever question the loyalty of Shigeki Kanetsu, the cousin and closest relative of Kazu Kanetsu, who was one of the greatest leaders this village has ever seen. It was good to meet you."

Raishi nodded as Shigeki walked off, watching him go on the path back to the village. ANBU ay? he thought to himself. Raishi was not one for work in the shadows, as he held that one needed to have a certain darkness or void in them to entertain such feats required of them as an ANBU agent. But that was just him.

With a sigh, he turned back towards the clan volcano, walking back slowly as he reflected on the issues at hand. He needed to solve it, and he needed to do so fast. And he knew just how he could do so. Akira Kazako.... he thought to himself. That was who he needed to find.

TWC: 6252

EXIT
Kuchiyose A ---> S 4000/4000
Wrath of Okami 2250/2250 (-10% Quick Learner SC)
Unused: 2

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.