You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Long Overdue Talk [Raishi/No Kill] Empty Long Overdue Talk [Raishi/No Kill] Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:26 am

Satoshi

Satoshi

D-rank
The sun's rays scorched the earth below as it's heat was visible. A man and his new ninken companion, Shiroimono, walked across the barren lands as they headed towards a very familiar place. The last two meetings that Satoshi had with Kazu happened there, and so this meeting with another Kanetsu would as well. It only felt right, almost as if it was ceremonial to meet there. Shiro would look up at her new ninja with a look that Sato understood. He probably smelt of grief, as this place always made him think of the mentor he lost in Kazu. If only he could find him....maybe one day. Today however, he had a different goal. He was officially going to move to Konoha and become a close friend and diplomat to the Hokage, Kenta Inuzuka. He was a man that Satoshi understood and respected, much like Kazu in those earlier days. With that in mind, he needed to let someone know that it was their time to take up the mantle as head of the Kanetsu clan. Raishi was the obvious choice, and so he had sent a letter for them to meet there. "It's okay Shiro, just remembering the old days." He said with a sigh as he moved closer to his destination.

Before he knew it, the volcano came into sight. it's molten rock glimmered in the sun light as the heat radiated from it like a star. Taking a breathe in, Satoshi enjoyed every second of the feeling. Heat was wonderful, and he would be sure to enjoy his time here. The tunnel to the center was ahead, and so he turned to Shiro. "I don't want you around the lava and heat ahead. Stand guard for me here and howl if you see intruders that is not the man I described earlier. Thanks Shiro." With a low growling response, he knew Shiroimono didn't like being bossed around. Regardless, the dog obeyed because of the dangers that could lie ahead for someone who was not used to the path. He left his companion and moved forward, heading for the entrance. The mouth of the cave was wide and it was well lit from the light on either side. Satoshi continued, relishing the heat absorbing into his skin with every step. His fire red hair moved ever so slightly with every step. After a few minutes, he was in the heart of the volcano and was in one of the few places that he felt like was a home in Iwagakure. The place where he felt made the most sense.

At this point it was just a waiting game. He looked around for Raishi, but did not see him. He decided to relax for a bit until he arrived, as there was no need to be formal with his cousin and fellow shinobi. There would be enough of that in Raishi's life soon enough.

Word Count: 494
Continuing Taijutsu B->A training from this thread: 1894/3000

2Long Overdue Talk [Raishi/No Kill] Empty Re: Long Overdue Talk [Raishi/No Kill] Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:05 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
Raishi awoke from his slumber much later than usual, unsatiated by the artificial sleep he had had, plagued by his habitual nightmares of flame, terror and dust. I really should have out grown these by now, he says lazily to himself, his head still trying to adjust to the simple reality he lived. He stood up and stretched with a yawn, before suddenly slapping away the vestigial flickerings of slumber in his eyes. Despite the long night he had had, there was an even longer day ahead for him, and it wasn't just because of his regular routine. No. He had received a letter the previous day, informing him to meet at the only place fitting for a fellow member of the great Kanetsu clan. Satoshi... he thought to himself, as he dressed up, curious as to what the occasion was. It had been almost another lifetime since he had seen his cousin, and even any other member of the Kanetsu at that. Kazu, Shigeki, even Hitora. They had all just seemed to disappear, without a trace. Not like I would know if anything happened... he thought to himself in dismay, as he finally left his house to the famous Iwa volcano. He had disconnected himself from his fellow clan members for too long, as a result of his own inner inhibitions. Frankly put, he thought he was not good enough. "But I will be!" he exclaimed as he approached the volcano, tumbleweed and rocks his only audience.

As Raishi neared his destination, he could not help but notice something in the distance. Is that a...dog? he thought to himself curiously. He knew that, being Tsuchi no Kuni, the sun burned down mercilessly on the land's inhabitants, but he was not sure if it had gotten so hot, that he was hallucinating this creature at the entrance of the volcano. As he neared the creature, he realised that the creature before him was not a dog; no, not one in the normal sense of the word, as this was a massive creature. In fact, the canine's size was almost on par with some of the wolves Raishi had seen in his summoning family. Now right in front of the creature, Raishi stopped for a second to admire the majestic creature, taking in its solid white coat and accepting that he was not imaginative enough to hallucinate those beautiful details, before entering the volcano. As he walked slowly towards the heart of the great Kanetsu structure, Raishi couldn't help but reminisce about the times he had spent here training years ago. It all felt and looked the same, the smell of molten earth, the instricate jagged circuitry of the walls, and the drug-like radiation that gave Raishi warmth beyond description. Home... he thought to himself. It had been too long.

Shortly afterwards, Raishi approached the opening to the heart of the volcano. The all too familiar surge of extreme warmth from the volcano's heart that increased with each step, caused an ecstatic smile to spread across Raishi's face. There, just in front of the entrance, was Satoshi, his signature fiery red hair blending in with it's molten surroundings. Getting closer to the entrance, Raishi called out to his cousin, the ecstatic smile still on his face.

"Satoshi...it's been too long"

Word Count: 560
Total Word Count: 560

3Long Overdue Talk [Raishi/No Kill] Empty Re: Long Overdue Talk [Raishi/No Kill] Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:48 pm

Satoshi

Satoshi

D-rank
A smile flashed across Satoshi's face as he heard his companion howl in the distance. It was time and Raishi had arrived. He would turn in his direction and wait, excited to see someone that understood his clan and what they desired. A few moments later, Raishi was in sight and speaking to him. He looked taller and older, which was to be expected. He couldn't help but smile brighter before respond. "So true. How have you been?" He would ask as he walked up and patted him on the shoulder in a friendly matter. Wow, his time in Konoha had changed him in some ways. He was definitely a bit nicer. Regardless, he had business to attend to. "The ninken at the entrance is of the Inuzuka canine line. That's actually a pretty good transition into what I brought you here to talk about." He would speak normally, not showing the slight sadness he felt as he spoke. "It has been decided that I will be a diplomat in Konoha and eventually become a Sannin of their village. I am close friends with Kenta Inuzuka, the Hokage, and he is showing me the ways and jutsu of his clan. He also gave me Shiroimono, who is awesome." He felt he should make that point. She really was a beautiful creature.

He would let that sink in before continuing with what he was saying. "With all that being said, I will not be here to be the active head of the Kanetsu clan. I would like you to take that position in my stead, as I trust you will do a wonderful job. Make the Kanetsu greater than I ever could." He would finish with a nod of support before waiting for a respone. The jounin was probably not expecting this, but Satoshi was glad of that. It would allow him to see a true response from his cousin. "I know it's a big bomb of responsibility to drop on someone, but I only trust you with the well being of our clan's future. You know if you ever have questions or need advice, I am just a messenger bird away." His eyes examined the man's face now that he would stay silent. This could go one of two ways. Either he would accept with joy, or he would reject it out of humility. Satoshi could only hope that it was the former of the two.

Word Count: 412
Thread Word Count: 906
Continuing Taijutsu B->A training from this thread: 2306/3000

4Long Overdue Talk [Raishi/No Kill] Empty Re: Long Overdue Talk [Raishi/No Kill] Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:59 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
"So true. How have you been?"

Still smiling, Raishi was pleased to see that his cousin looked extremely well, considering the arduous life of a shinobi. Although the years had garnered Satoshi a firmer facem with more definitive features, it was comforting to Raishi that he hair still remained as fiery as he'd remembered it. The man spoke with a smile in response to Raishi's greeting, and he playfully patted Raishi's shoulders in a familial way, which brought warmth to Raishi. He shrugged lightly as he responded to Satoshi.

"I've been okay really, considering the life we must live..."

The life of the shinobi was a tough one, filled with back to back, thrills and responsibilities, and the only choice one had was to survive, regardless of how they actually felt inwards. That's what all the best shinobi did, and that was what Raishi had started to do a few years ago.

"The ninken at the entrance is of the Inuzuka canine line. That's actually a pretty good transition into what I brought you here to talk about."

Raishi couldn't help but laugh in his mind as he heard Satoshi explain that the creature outside did in fact belong to him. I can't believe I actually thought for a second that the ninken was a figment of my imagination... he thought to himself jokingly. So Satoshi has picked up Seijutsu huhn....but why a ninken from the Inuzuka clan?? he thought to himself. With an intrigued eyebrow raised, he continued to ponder how he had a connection to the Inuzuka clan ninken, as Satoshi continued speaking.

"It has been decided that I will be a diplomat in Konoha and eventually become a Sannin of their village. I am close friends with Kenta Inuzuka, the Hokage, and he is showing me the ways and jutsu of his clan. He also gave me Shiroimono, who is awesome."

As he began to explain his predicament, Raishi couldn't help but feel happy for his cousin and his new position as a diplomat in Konoha. He would have the opportunity to explore new frontiers, so to say, as he would embrace life outside the reaches of Tsuchi no Kuni's smoldering sun. And of course, the explanation of Kenta Inuzuka made sense. Raishi had never met Kenta before, and was only aware of the fact that he had been a kage in the past and is the Hokage once again, but he figured that the man must be a kind-hearted one to open up his clan to Satoshi. I wonder how they got so close.. he thought to himself as Satoshi continued. When Satoshi mentioned the ninken, Shiroimono, Raishi nodded in agreement concerning its awesomeness. It really was a majestic creature, and Raishi didn't doubt it's combat prowess either, being of the Inuzuka clan ninken.

"With all that being said, I will not be here to be the active head of the Kanetsu clan. I would like you to take that position in my stead, as I trust you will do a wonderful job. Make the Kanetsu greater than I ever could."

With that, Raishi looked at Satoshi with slight disbelief, the shock from the gravity of such a request evident in his eyes. He wanted him to be the head of the clan? How would he be able to cope? Despite the fact that they had been in the heart of a volcano all this while, it was only just at this moment that Raishi felt himself sweating. Was he up for the task? Was he really good enough to lead? And most of all, could he perform as good as Satoshi expected of him? Raishi continued looking at Satoshi, watching him as he nodded encouraginly, probably in wait of his reply. But Raishi was speechless at this point, a myriad thoughts running through his mind faster than ever. Satoshi continued.

"I know it's a big bomb of responsibility to drop on someone, but I only trust you with the well being of our clan's future. You know if you ever have questions or need advice, I am just a messenger bird away."

After he spoke this, a lethal silence fell between the two as Satoshi awaited Raishi's response. Such massive responsibility.. he thought to himself amidst the silence, Am I truly ready for this?? Raishi broke his gaze with Satoshi and looked around the magnificent structure they were in. For the very first time, he really looked at the chamber, recognising the ordered chaos that was the structure within, as well as the Kanetsu clan symbol, engraved on the opposite rock wall. He walked slowly towards the center of the room, the true heart of the clan, a single pillar of magma stretching vertically, veins on the ceiling wall leading the lifeforce of the volcano to corresponding locations. He felt the comforting warmth he had felt earlier, washing away all his anxieties and doubts. This was the one thing that connected them all as members of the Kanetsu. It did not matter what experience of leadership he had had initially, or how well he knew all the secret techniques of the clan and how powerful he was. No, what mattered, was the burning desire to protect what mattered to the clan. To sustain its life force. As he continued to admire the pillar of lava, the ecstatic smile returned to Raishi's face. He turned back to Satoshi, his eyes wild with passion and a newfound confidence.

"It will be an honour to serve as the head of the clan. I swear this to you, a great future for the Kanetsu clan is assured. I wish you luck in your new journey ahead cousin."

Word Count: 966
TWC: 1526

5Long Overdue Talk [Raishi/No Kill] Empty Re: Long Overdue Talk [Raishi/No Kill] Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:08 pm

Satoshi

Satoshi

D-rank
"I've been okay really, considering the life we must live..."

A soft sigh released from his mouth at the sound of this. It was not that he disagreed, in fact he agreed completely. The life of a shinobi was complicated and dangerous on a good day, so he certainly understood where his cousin was coming from. As two Jounin, they had both seen quite a bit in their time as shinobi, so he understood exactly what the man mean. He would nod, hoping to let the subject die as they moved on to brighter topics. As for making him the head of the clan, the man seemed stunned. It had Satoshi almost chuckling. His humility had always been a breathe of fresh air, as Satoshi lacked it if he was honest. Raishi was ready, this much Satoshi knew. It was time for younger, fresher perspectives in the village. That started with Karumo and continued with Raishi. After looking around, Raishi's eyes met Satoshi's with a fire of passion and conviction. A look he knew very well.

"It will be an honour to serve as the head of the clan. I swear this to you, a great future for the Kanetsu clan is assured. I wish you luck in your new journey ahead cousin."

"Thank you, Raishi. It means a lot. I plan to keep in touch, so you do the same. Anything, and I mean anything, happens here, message me. I'll be here. I convinced Kenta and Karumo to meet about becoming allies and it went surprisingly better than I hoped. So we can help forge this bond even further by helping each other. Plus, when we both feel we are ready, I'd like to train with you again. However, I need to work on my Seijutsu before that can happen. " He chuckled as he finished, noticing his own changes since becoming friends with Kenta. This was really doing wonders for him. He exchanged his own look of pride for his cousin's new position and excitement for the future of both nations. He was making a difference, and that was what mattered to him.

Wordcount: 360
Thread Wordcount: 1266
Continuing Taijutsu B->A training: 2666/3000

6Long Overdue Talk [Raishi/No Kill] Empty Re: Long Overdue Talk [Raishi/No Kill] Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:01 am

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
"Thank you, Raishi. It means a lot. I plan to keep in touch, so you do the same. Anything, and I mean anything, happens here, message me. I'll be here. I convinced Kenta and Karumo to meet about becoming allies and it went surprisingly better than I hoped. So we can help forge this bond even further by helping each other.

Raishi continued to smile and nodded in agreement as Satoshi replied to his acceptance, offering him assistance if he so needed, and giving him a look of pride and support as he spoke of both their seemingly separate, but intertwined journeys ahead.

"Of course I will. You would only be just a messenger bird away after all. Besides, I could even come visit some time, assuming I wouldn't have that much going on."

They were both a part of something greater on different scales; Satoshi with the village's relations with Konohagakure, and Raishi himself with the fate of his entire clan. It was a truly humbling feeling, to truly come to terms with the fact that every step one made had a direct impact around them. A new chapter is beginning... he thought to himself, as Satoshi continued.

"Plus, when we both feel we are ready, I'd like to train with you again. However, I need to work on my Seijutsu before that can happen."

At this, Raishi couldn't help but fold his arms and chuckle lightly. It had almost been a lifetime since he had last trained with his cousin. Or with any other Kanetsu for that matter... he reminded himself. Eyes shining bright with excitement, he replied to Satoshi.

"Yes, I am really looking forward to that time cousin. I too am planning on mastering some new school of techniques. I won't tell you which just yet, so you're surprised when the time comes."

Raishi smiled a cunning one, jokingly teasing his cousin by not telling him what type of techniques he intended to learn. I still need to find a sensei though... he thought to himself, drifting off momentarily. As he drifted off, Satoshi's words concerning the relations of the village quickly reverberated in his head, and he hoped to question Satoshi concerning a rumour he had heard. The cunnig smiled melted off his face as he spoke in a more serious tone.

"I've heard rumours. Nothing founded, mostly speculation and conspiracy theories about the nature of Karumo's ascent to being the Tsuchikage. And there's mention of some unexplained conflict between Kirigakure and Kumogakure. Do you know anything of this?

Word Count: 435
TWC: 1961

7Long Overdue Talk [Raishi/No Kill] Empty Re: Long Overdue Talk [Raishi/No Kill] Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:40 am

Satoshi

Satoshi

D-rank
"Of course I will. You would only be just a messenger bird away after all. Besides, I could even come visit some time, assuming I wouldn't have that much going on."

With that out of the way, Satoshi would nod in hopes that his cousin would not forget his words. His loyalty to iwagakure was something that Satoshi took very seriously and he did not like the idea of it being attacked and him not even being aware. He would push the thought from his head as Raishi began to speak again. The smile on his face seemed to indicate the man was just as excited about the future as Satoshi was. Perhaps in the future, they would work together to do much greater things for their nation than even these.

"Yes, I am really looking forward to that time cousin. I too am planning on mastering some new school of techniques. I won't tell you which just yet, so you're surprised when the time comes."

A wise move indeed, as Satoshi's new form of combat had already been revealed upon his arrival. He could think of quite a few forms of combat that would make the man in front of him more effective, but he would keep the advice to himself. Raishi had to find his own way, as Satoshi had done. It was then that the smile that seemed to radiate from the man began to fade. His demeanor changed slightly as the thoughts raced through his head. It seemed that he was worried about something, and Satoshi would soon find out that he was correct.

"I've heard rumours. Nothing founded, mostly speculation and conspiracy theories about the nature of Karumo's ascent to being the Tsuchikage. And there's mention of some unexplained conflict between Kirigakure and Kumogakure. Do you know anything of this?"

Satoshi's eyes surveyed the man as he spoke, showing no signs of surprise. Satoshi had known about the conflict as soon as it reached the ears of the Hokage. However, there was no need to worry a man that was not already deeply involved in such a dangerous clash of nations. The bit about Karumo's rise to Tsuchikage caught Satoshi's attention, but he pushed it out of his mind. He did not know much about the man, though he knew that Akira hand picked him. If Akira saw fit for the man to lead after doing so much for their village, he trusted the man just as Akira did. "I do not know much of Karumo or why he was picked. I just know Akira had much faith in him, and thus I do. As for the conflict between Kumogakure and Kirigakure, I know that this is fact. However, it is not something that should worry you. That conflict will never reach our borders. Konohagakure is an ally of Kirigakure's and I will contact you if it ever comes to our home front. For now, rest well knowing we do not have the Mizukage and her swordsmen knocking down our doorstep."

He had only heard rumors of the ninja of the mist. Solstice, the Mizukage, was a strong warrior of legend, and her swordsmen and Sannin were of equal legendary strength. He hoped they stayed on good terms with Iwagakure, as war seemed to be a terrible idea for all parties involved. With the questions answered and his purposed served, Satoshi then looked around the place one last time before speaking. "Unfortunately, It's time for me to return to the Hokage's side as a guard. Remember all I said and hopefully we will meet again soon!" He would nod and wait for any parting words. Once that was done, he patted the man on the shoulder before taking off and returning to his companion, Shiroimono. "Let's get back to Kenta." was all he said before the two took off back towards the village.

[Exit Thread]

Word Count: 662
Thread Word Count: 1928
Continuing Taijutsu B->A training: 3000/3000
Perception E-2 -> E-3: 225/225
103 word left

8Long Overdue Talk [Raishi/No Kill] Empty Re: Long Overdue Talk [Raishi/No Kill] Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
"I do not know much of Karumo or why he was picked. I just know Akira had much faith in him, and thus I do. As for the conflict between Kumogakure and Kirigakure, I know that this is fact. However, it is not something that should worry you. That conflict will never reach our borders. Konohagakure is an ally of Kirigakure's and I will contact you if it ever comes to our home front. For now, rest well knowing we do not have the Mizukage and her swordsmen knocking down our doorstep."

Raishi nodded as Satoshi spoke, taking solace in the reassurance laced in his words. It is true, what was I worrying about? he thought to himself. Now convinced, Raishi's demeanour reverted back to its relaxed state. It wasn't long before Satoshi spoke once more.

"Unfortunately, It's time for me to return to the Hokage's side as a guard. Remember all I said and hopefully we will meet again soon!"

With a smile, Raishi nodded at Satoshi, genuinely happy for his new journey ahead. He replied to his cousin, saying that he looks forward to their next meeting, before accepting Satoshi's pat on his shoulder. He then watched as he left the volcano with his canine companion, before then leaving himself.

Word Count: 218
TWC: 2179

EXIT
Jutsu Training [Quick Learner SC 10% Word Count reduction]:
Light-Weight Rock Technique 1350/1350

Stats Training:
Speed B-0 --> B-1 700/700

Leftover: 129

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.