You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
Nayoko’s eyes slowly opened as the sun peeked through his window which he had forgotten to cover with blinds. He groaned as he rolled over and covered his face with his pillow. He had intended to sleep in today, at least until noon. He had stayed up very late the night before filling out paperwork regarding a thief he had stopped from getting away with a sack full of ryo from a shop in the market. As it turns out he had been so tired that his blinds had been left open and now he was paying for it. Nayoko removed the pillow from his face and glanced around the room, his jacket was left sitting on the floor and he had forgotten to clean up his hand wraps. Another groan escaped his lips as he sat up in bed, looked around the room, and proceeded to clean up his room. It had been a couple of days since he had trained with Daiko and met Hattori Shimada, one of the best days of his life so far as Nayoko was concerned. His thoughts drifted to his fight with Daiko. The young ninja from the Hidden Mist was a formidable foe, and even in that short fight, Nayoko had learned a lot. The ninja of the Hidden Mist were ruthless, and Daiko was proof enough of that, even if he had shown Nayoko mercy at the end of the fight. Nayoko cringed as he recalled the last moments of the fight, Nayoko’s hand passing right through Daiko’s body before having his face slammed into the dirt. What a ninja…

This thought passed through Nayoko’s head as he stepped into the shower, and his thoughts turned to his other new friend. Hattori Shimada. That night had been a bit of a blur, meeting her in the pub and then ending the night with a kiss on the cheek from her. Nayoko was not sure how it had happened, but he was happy it did. In the back of his mind the thought that he should have talked to her the next day nagged him, but it was too late for that now, maybe he would see her again soon enough. He stepped out of the shower, dried off, and headed to his room to get dressed. As he was finishing up with his hand wraps and donning his necklace, he heard voices from downstairs. It was his father and another man talking, He could not quite figure out who the other person was but he was sure that he heard his name being said a couple of times. Hmm, who could that be? Nayoko heard the door open and then close before he headed downstairs, meeting his father in the kitchen. “Ah Nayoko, a Special Jonin just stopped by, said he has something for you to do in the small south forest in a couple of hours.” Nayoko turned, startled at what was being said to him. Could it be him again? Shunsen Nara? “Father did he…did he say what his name was? I’m just confused as to why he would come to the house directly.” Nayoko watched his father nod slowly, “Indeed he did. He said his name is Shunsen Nara. Funny though, I’ve never heard of a blonde Nara before!” The man chuckled to himself as he turned away, which Nayoko was grateful for, because Nayoko was sure his face had just drained of color. Who on earth is this guy? He shows up out of nowhere, gives me dangerous missions, and compliments me on my prowess after appearing nearly everywhere I end up. And dad is right, a blonde Nara? Is this guy some kind of impostor? And why was he at my home? What could he possibly want with me?

Nayoko could not stop thinking about all of the possibilities as he ate in silence, his father cleaning up the house a little bit and allowing him to be with his thoughts. Nayoko knew that he had to go to the meeting, but he was not sure that he was comfortable going alone, not after the weird interaction that he had endured with the mysterious Nara just last night. That’s when the idea jumped into his head. Daiko! He could definitely help Nayoko out if things went south, and if not, he would get to catch up with his friend. Nayoko nodded to himself, getting up and putting his dishes away quickly. “Dad I’m going to go pick up some stuff before I head out to meet the Special Jonin that came by earlier. I’ll be back later today hopefully! I love you!” He called out the last words as he threw on his jacket, already heading out the door into the village.

Now came the task of finding Daiko, since Nayoko had no idea where the traveler would be staying. He headed toward the motels in the city used by travelling ninja, hoping that he would be able to find his friend before he had to move out for the meeting.

WC: 877

Last edited by Nayoko Nozara on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Daiko

Daiko

D-rank
Daiko sprawled out in his bed, the springs creaking as he throws his blanket off and gets up. It was so nice to be able to sleep in a bed for once. He then walks out of the in and stretches outside. It was pretty early, but he hadn't been doing anything too intense for the past two days so he wasn't worrying about it. He decided that it would be in his best interest to wander around town for a bit. He heads over to where the shopping district is, going to the candy shop he had found earlier. He orders a batch of the strawberry candy, and walks outside. Sitting on a nearby bench, he pops one into his mouth and relaxes for a second, enjoying the flavor and the feeling of the village. It wasn't raining, and the weather was a bit warm. It looked like it was going to be a sunny day, and Daiko was looking forward to that. Standing up, he puts the bag of candy in one of his weapon pouches and continues on his merry way. He made it to the hot springs, and decides that is time for him to have a bath. He does the routine of walking inside and washing himself, ignoring all other people that were there and being very secluded in the corner. Upon leaving, he tries to figure out a better way to wash his hair. Last time he had used a fuuinjutsu book, but that made a bookstore owner mad at him and he doubted that he would be allowed in there. So, he turns his hair to water and flicks it really hard with his head and neck, then turns it back to normal. Huh. It seemed that the water was a bit less dense than the water that his hair was made up of, so when he flicked his hair all the water shot off that wasn't connected to him, having been brought to the surface. Walking through town, he goes to see if he could find anyone interesting to talk to. He hasn't seen Nayoko for a few days, not that he really knew how to find him.

Walking through the streets of Konohagakure, Daiko looks around for someone to talk to or for something at least a little bit interesting to do. He noticed that there was a kiosk-esc structure standing in an odd place in the market, so he decided to walk up. At this kiosk, there was a very angry man breaking apart crabs. He was screaming about how crabs shells are so hard it takes only a professional to break them. Daiko laughed and said that he could probably try it. The man handed him a king crab, with the spikes looking like they could impale someone just by walking too close. Daiko laughed, and took his hand and punched down onto the crab. The spines flowed painlessly through his hand as his hard fist came down on the shell, cracking it in half. Daiko then grabs the sides and splits it open, meat and 'crab feathers' alike spilling on the table in front of him. The man seems to be a bit happier now, obviously impressed with the little stunt. "Now that was a good'un!" he said, slapping his knee, "You come here anytime you wanna crack crabs, you got it?" Daiko nodded to the man, and accepted the free crab cake. He ate it in one bite, and the man looked at him amazed once again.

His stomach full and feeling clean, Daiko continues to wander through Konoha. Just then, he noticed a familiar face walking around, looking a little bit tense. Daiko wasn't quite sure what to make of it, but he decided to approach his friend and see what was up. "Nayoko! Hello! What are you doing wandering around?"

[645]

-5 Chakra, Hydrification Technique
195/200 Chakra

Jutsu Used:

Last edited by Daiko on Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shimada

Shimada

D-rank
Early morning sunlight filtered in through a half open window, displaying soft planes of shadows on the woman's sleeping face. It disturbed her slumber, penetrating the darkness behind her eyelids and driving away any lingering lack of consciousness. Roused, she started. Sitting upwards with a sharp push from her elbows; faded dreams clinging to the back of her mind like cobwebs. She could not remember what they were about, and, after pausing to reassess that she, indeed, could not recall them, swung her legs out from under the tangle of covers and stood. A sudden pain shooting through her head. It was cold in the room, evident in the way her pallid skin broke out in horripilation, and she sought for her clothes despite the ache.

Strewn about, shirt on the back of a chair, signature brown jacket lost somewhere in the shadowy recesses, Shimada worked on collecting the articles. Slipping them on with ease, taking a sharp intake of air at the dull throb pounding in the back of her skull as she wriggled into the coat. The Hattori woman could vaguely remember the night's prior events, the drumming of the slight headache making it a difficult task to complete. Ruby eyes flashing, scanning the somewhat trashed state of her room, she concluded only one thing. She had been drunk. Way more than usual, but the nagging question left her at why?

It bothered her, but she shrugged off the uncomfortable feeling and slunk downstairs; forgoing a quick shower, and simply intent on pushing the scene of destruction out of her consciousness for the moment. There were more important things to be done. Her steps were silent through the quiet house, but she was used to it now. More or less. Padding towards the kitchen, she halted in the small junction and scowled. Thin lips pulling into a deep frown. The woman had just recalled she had neglected her duties of shopping, and that there was no breakfast to be had that morning if she did not head out to the market district and bring back something worth eating. Shimada could suppress her stomach's aching wants if needed.

"I swear, the world's out to get me today..." Grumbling heatedly to herself, she stopped at the front door and slipped on her sandals. Making sure they were tight enough before stepping out into the cool air and locking up behind her. The Hattori woman strolled absent-minded down the residential road, having forgotten to comb out her hair, and cursing in her mind all the while trying to run her fingers through. Hoping she would not appear like a fool in an attempt to smooth out the crimson locks.

She was a mess that morning.

The ache flared up again, and the woman clenched her jaw in her indifference. Something had come back to her, a sliver of a thought that she knew to be quite true. Shimada had been at the pub again, waiting for someone. Someone? No, him. The man she had conversed with not too long ago. Nozara Nayoko, fellow clansmen and... acquaintance? Friend? She did not even know what to call him at this point, but found a shard of irritation welling up inside of her chest. The Hattori had left herself defenseless once more, most likely left due to his not showing, and thrashed her room in the aftermath before passing out. It agitated her. What had she expected to see? There was a slim chance she could have seen him again at the same place, but it had been a desperate attempt. A desperate attempt at companionship.

Shimada was never a clingy woman, no, but she could not declare in her mind why she had waited for him. Perhaps she had gone for so long without someone to talk to, and it was getting to her head. The intoxication of speaking with a person, not the walls of her house, for such a long period of time. How could she be so hopeful?

Ruby eyes flashing with some sort of emotion, she kept her face of apathy on tight to make up for the slip in composure. Cramming her hands into her pockets, simply taking a deep breath to wave away the budding crack in countenance. She was never this worked up before, but headaches and late night drunken rampages through her house always made her a little wound up. At least the walk would, perhaps, clear her mind.

The woman strolled on a little longer in silence, head lowered in some form of exhaustion she could never quite rid herself of, until she stopped at a busier part of the village. Eyebrows furrowing ever so slightly, she witnessed a familiar face being held up by a foreign one. Two shinobi in meeting. Shimada knew the form as belonging to the man at the forefront of her thoughts, and though she had not spoken to him in a couple of days, it may as well be an awkward affair.

Stepping back into the shadows, not wanting to disturb them, she attempted to waltz around the pair; hoping he would not spot her by the bloody shade of her hair.

To her, it was better than getting dragged into a conversation she would have no context of.

[886]

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
Having checked one of the few motels he knew about, Nayoko continued walking about the village proper, heading nowhere specifically and keeping his eyes out for his friend from the Village Hidden in the Mist. It was a nice enough day out, if not a little on the chilly side. Nayoko greeted anyone he came across who was opening up shops for the day or heading to work or school, happy that he was out and about, but still tense considering the mysterious visitor his home had welcomed but a little while earlier. What could a Special Jonin want with me, a mere Genin? And why would he ask to see me in the woods? Why not the administration building, or even the gates of the village? Something was not adding up in Nayoko’s mind, and he wanted to get to the bottom of it, but he did not want to go alone; not when there was so much uncertainty surrounding what he would find in the south forest.

As Nayoko thought on this, he realized that he had not been looking for Daiko for some time now, instead concentrating on his thoughts. He found himself standing in the market, unsure of how he had arrived, and thinking very hard. He was about to give up the search when he heard a familiar voice call out to him from a short distance away. "Nayoko! Hello! What are you doing wandering around?" Nayoko spun to see the source of the voice walking toward him. Looks like I’m in for another lucky day! It was Daiko, and he was walking toward Nayoko and in a seemingly good mood! Nayoko approached him and clapped him on the shoulder! “Daiko, buddy! It’s good to see you! Would you believe, you were just the man I was looking for! I’ve got a bit of a situation going on and I could use a little bit of back up. What do you say to using some of that Kiri shinobi skill to help me out instead of beating me up?” He laughed to himself as he looked over his friend. In truth, Nayoko was more than happy to see Daiko, he was relieved. Something inside of Nayoko was nagging at the back of his head, but he could not figure out why. There was something strange going on, that much was certain.

Nayoko allowed Daiko to respond before he opened his mouth to continue, but in the very second that he started to tell Daiko about what was going on, he saw it. Just for a moment, but he knew what he had seen. The flash of blood red hair, flowing around a corner and into the shadows. As foolhardy as Nayoko could be sometimes, he was not usually one to jump to conclusions. However today was different, and the situation was different as well. His mind’s eye immediately leaped to the face of Hattori Shimada, the beautiful kunoichi with whom he had spent the evening the other night at the pub. The memories of what exactly happened were fuzzy, for all of the sake they had consumed, but he clearly remembered her face: high cheekbones hanging over a slender jawline, thin lips that were always so wary to smile, ruby red eyes that twinkled in the light, and above all else, the blood colored hair that fell to her shoulders. That’s her.

“Hey, uh, Daiko, just uh, one second! I still need your help just uh…follow me for a second! I think I see someone else who can help too!” He darted off, leaving Daiko standing in the street, hoping that he would follow him. As he rounded the corner his suspicions were confirmed, it was her. Hattori Shimada. She stood there, her hair a little messier than he remembered, and her clothes a little more dishevled than the last time they had spoken, but it was her. Nayoko stepped up to her, “Hattori-chan, it’s good to see you! I uh, I don’t know if you remember me. Nozara Nayoko, from the pub the other night?” He grinned sheepishly, stretching one arm behind his head. “Sorry I didn’t come by to see you sooner, Family stuff plus missions for the village had me pretty swamped, but I saw you from the road and couldn’t help but run over!” He stopped for a moment, contemplating how to proceed. Should I ask for her help too? I don’t want to put her in danger but she is a kunoichi, she could probably help…but dang, where are my manners? He shook his head for a moment before continuing, “How are you? And oh, this is my friend Daiko,” he said gesturing to his travelling friend. “What brings you to the market today?”

I hope she doesn’t resent me for not coming by sooner…

WC: 851+877=1728

Last edited by Nayoko Nozara on Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot WC)

Daiko

Daiko

D-rank
Daiko continued his approach toward his friend Nayoko, Daiko noticed that he had a lot to say. Nayoko explained to him that he needed Daiko's Kiri ability as a ninja for some purpose. He wondered what he meant by that. He wasn't really a Kiri ninja.. He wandered around. Perhaps it is because his clan was of the village of Kirigakure. Either way, Daiko felt no need in correcting him. "Sure... I can help you out..." Daiko then noticed something out of the corner of his eye. He stopped for a second and just admired the flawless specimen passing along. "Yeah. Let's not forget about my cracked ribs. Medic said I was lucky you didn't puncture my organs." Daiko then noticed his friend take attention to the girl that he had noticed. 'Ohh, so he wants to steal my girl?'

Daiko follows his friend over to the girl who looked like she was just trying to pass through without any trouble, and for some reason Nayoko approaching her. She was already shuffling away before they approached, but whatever. Nayoko then began to talk to her. Daiko picked up something about Nayoko wanting to have seen her sooner, and he wondered what that meant. He was introduced as 'my friend Daiko' so he didn't really know what to say, other then "Hey."

He looked into the girls eyes, and started to get lost in the ruby color. It was truly beautiful, the flawless color perfectly placed in the center of her eye, as if a goddess had drawn them by hand. He then walks over to her. "...What is your name?" he truly wondered where this girl had been in all of his time in Kiri. He had sat out on benches for hours looking for someone that would be worth his time and he had finally found it. He was utterly lost in the sheer perfection of everything about this woman that he is gifted with viewing. He makes sure to keep himself composed, and continued in with conversation, wherever it went.

Looking over at Nayoko, he questions what they are currently doing. It seemed like Nayoko had something on his mind, and Daiko's skills would somehow help him. Hopefully this will be worth Daiko's time, but with Nayoko it seemed that everything was always worthwhile. He had learned his family background alongside the man, as well as witnessed the single most cool technique he had ever seen before. He had to learn that from him some time. He decided that he would ask. "Nayoko.. Speaking of my cracked ribs... You should teach me that technique with the huge dragon of death that just crushes everything." Daiko looks over at the girl. "You should see this. It comes out of the water at me, and it clipped my side and broke my ribs. This guy was trying to kill me!" He laughed at this, seeing as there was no better option than to bring up their little fight they had before. Daiko wasn't quite sure who was going to win, but he got an opening and took the chance, delivering the finishing move. He does realize however that if he had not been able to slip that opportunity in then he probably would have been out because of exaustion pretty soon. He spent his chakra erratically, and realized that he needs to be mindful of what he is doing. Not to say he doesn't like to stack genjutsu.

Daiko wonders if the three of them could do something other than stand in the middle of the street. It seemed like this was the place to be for whatever reason, but he would follow Nayoko if he left, but would stay here otherwise. That girl was still on his mind. He needed to figure out a way to get alone with her.

[641]
{1286}

Shimada

Shimada

D-rank
She had sensed him far before she had even begun to look over her shoulder, and realized, with a sigh, she was caught. There was no denying the familiar face that rounded the corner after her, how similar his features were from the first night they had met; strong with dark eyes burning. Composure persistent in some form of friendliness. The Hattori woman, partially guarded, studied him with tired eyes as he stepped forward, countenance remaining a blank slate of apathy. It was what Shimada had concluded in her head the days prior.

Her emotions would not be shared.

"A-Ah, Nozara-kun. What a surprise to see you." She responded to his statement coolly, putting his concerns at ease that she would fail to recognize him. How could she forget someone like him, especially when she had gone out of her way nights before just to attempt to speak with him again? It was a testimony to the way she appeared and felt. "In all likelihood, I appreciate your consideration of meeting with me. I had not planned to run into you, but, well, look where that has taken us." Shimada murmured, something between a wry smirk and a frail scowl barely twitching the corner of a lip. "Busy or not, it's..." she paused for a moment to find the right words, "...pleasant to catch up with you again." Craning her head, she turned, just in time, to observe the foreign figure the man before her had introduced.

Shaggy blond hair, and a height difference that obviously placed the young woman as the shortest of the group. He was sturdy, that much was true underneath his clothes; bearing a strength in his cheekbones and jaw line. Pale. Wearing some sort of expression that was too sharp for her liking. But what completely unsettled her was his eyes. Baby blue, magnificently dark around the pupil, that faded off into its lighter shade towards the outer iris. And he stared back at her with a not so contained interest. Shimada had been studying him in a silent trance that she almost failed to hear his question.

An inquire for her name. Simple, questioning. Turning her tired eyes onto him, she produced a shuddering breath of air that carried with it her namesake. "Hattori Shimada. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. Now, I do not suppose you could provide me your own? Only polite behavior, you understand." Informing him, she swept her half-lidded gaze over his figure one more time as if processing the details of his appearance to permanent memory before turning back to the shinobi she met nights before. "Hmm, if you must know how I am, my features should make up but all of your conclusions. Apparently," distaste crept into her normally stable voice at the ache that pounded in the back of her head once more, "a drunk tore apart my room last night and left me with a throbbing headache. Hint," sighing, shuffling her sandals awkwardly against the ground, "that drunk was me. And to atone for the fact I neglected shopping over the last couple days, I am out to get nutrients I may call my 'breakfast'." Gesturing with a pale hand around the area, Shimada dropped her gaze to the ground. Resenting herself for being so talkative.

'What am I doing? I'm getting myself all strung up around them. Earlier today I was irritated at Nozara-kun, but know I am sharing with him details of my last night's blunder?' The woman with the red hair gazed at him steadily. 'Something must be wrong with me...' She contemplated, ruby eyes flashing to land on the foreign male's face as he brought up a different topic; spinning a tale of action. One involving a previous fight between the two and a set of broken ribs. And Nozara-kun had done that to him? Shimada's attention flickered briefly between him and the blond man, mind whirling to process the new information. She would not have been able to guess he was so capable of such prowess, but looks were often times deceiving.

The Hattori woman could easily vouch, being seen as weaker then her male counterparts. Only a tactic she could use to her advantage, however.

In the silence that befell them, Shimada worked out the events that had just transpired; meeting, introductions, the foreign male's own laughter at the mention of the dragon that provided him physical harm. The ache in her skull spiked up again, and she pushed down the twinge of pain that threatened to slip past her blank face and show itself in a furrowed brow. Weakness was not an option in the presence of the other two. Instead, she toyed with a crimson strand that had fallen into her face, lopping it around a slender index finger before blatantly asking the inquiry nagging at the back of her mind. "What are you two doing here?" The young woman had not meant for it to sound so sharp, but it was too late by the time she realized the intonation of the question to take it back. Biting on her lip, she figured it would simply be best to atone for the severity of her voice. "I mean, one of you obviously is not from around here, and the other seems to be hiding something. Nozara-kun," she could not recall why she was still using the teasing honorific, "there seems to be something you're holding back. I see it in your eyes..." Shimada addressed the taller man, blinking her gaze away from him, leaving the shinobi to consider what she had just informed him by observation alone.

For the time, his partner seemed interesting enough, and she focused her attention on the hauntingly blue eyes he possessed.

Desperate to tear into his personality and see what he had for display underneath.

[987 + 886 = 1873]

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
Nayoko listened to Hattori Shimada as she responded to his greeting coolly, as was tradition with her in so far as Nayoko could tell. There’s that mask again, but hey, at least she is happy to see me! It was right about then when Daiko approached, much to Nayoko’s relief. Nayoko watched the brief interaction between his two new friends, hoping that they would get along. Daiko seemed to be paying very close attention to everything Hattori Shimada was doing, and Nayoko found himself becoming ever so slightly envious. But why was that? He had no special relationship with this woman other than their one evening together. He had no right to be jealous in any way, shape, or form. And yet…here I stand, hoping that she will keep watching me instead of him. What is wrong with me? Nayoko was snapped from his musings and self-reprimanding by Shimada’s voice, "Hmm, if you must know how I am, my features should make up but all of your conclusions. Apparently," she paused for a moment, her face growing the semblance of a frown as a distaste that he had never heard in her voice became present, "a drunk tore apart my room last night and left me with a throbbing headache. Hint," she paused again to sigh, shuffling her sandals awkwardly against the ground, "that drunk was me. And to atone for the fact I neglected shopping over the last couple days, I am out to get nutrients I may call my 'breakfast'." She then gestured to the area around her, referencing the market. So she had been at the pub again…I hope nobody else decided to call her over for a drink-. Nayoko caught himself mid-thought. What business was it of his as to whether or not she met someone else? None at all.

Nayoko turned toward Daiko as he began talking about an unrelated topic while the kunoichi stood by, listening to the conversation. "Nayoko... Speaking of my cracked ribs... You should teach me that technique with the huge dragon of death that just crushes everything." Daiko looked over at the woman. "You should see this. It comes out of the water at me, and it clipped my side and broke my ribs. This guy was trying to kill me!" He then began to laugh, and Nayoko couldn’t help but crack a nervous smile. “Yeah I’m sorry about that. I really didn’t mean to hurt you, but I guess I got carried away! Thank goodness you’re as fast as you are! I promise I’ll show it to you for sure.” He glanced around at the group, almost forgetting why he had journeyed out in the first place until Shimada broke the silence that had wandered into the conversation with her question. "What are you two doing here?" She sounded ever so slightly impatient, almost sharp, and Nayoko winced a little bit, all of the memories of this morning’s events coming back to him. “Right! I, um, well I came out here to find Daiko for some help with a bit of a problem I’m having, and then I saw you! If you want to, maybe you could help me too,” he paused, considering his words carefully, “You’re a strong kunoichi, so I would love to have you along in case things go south. But why don’t we walk and talk! That way you can get your food and the two of you can decide if you can help or not.” With that he began to walk over to the market stalls with his two friends.

He decided to lay all of his cards on the table, not hiding anything from his two friends. “The other day, the day that we trained together Daiko and the day that we met Hattori-chan, I was approached by a Konoha Special Jonin who introduced himself as Shunsen Nara. A blonde guy, about as tall as me, strong, maybe you’ve seen him around? He told me that he had been watching my progress and that he had a special mission for me. That was the escort mission where I ended up fighting off those three missing-nin who had it in for the boy. Then, last night as I was walking through the markets, he shows up out of nowhere and tells me that he was sorry about the danger he put me in and that he was happy that I didn’t die. Something about it not being my time. It was just really creepy. He appeared out of nowhere. So then get this. This morning he hows up at my house while I’m asleep and asks my father to tell me to meet him in the small south forest for a ‘special request.’ I don’t know what he wants but it is getting really strange how often he is around, and I didn’t want to go out there alone. I mean, whoever heard of a blonde Nara? That’s why I came and found Daiko,” he paused and sighed, looking at his two companions. “I don’t want to go alone, just in case something fishy is going on. It was just luck that we also ran into you,” he gestured toward Shimada, smiling. “So uh, what do you two say? Are you guys down for a mystery meeting in the woods with your friend Nayoko?”

He stopped walking and smiled softly to his friends, for that is what they were. Friends. “No pressure though. It could just be nothing.” But even as he said this, Nayoko’s smile faltered slightly; he knew that it would not be nothing.

WC: 1005+1728=2733

Daiko

Daiko

D-rank
Daiko noted that although she mentioned that it was 'pleasant' that she ran into Nayoko, she didn't seem all that serious. That was interesting. He enjoyed Nayoko's company, but for whatever reason this female didn't seem to think quite the same. Either way, she hadn't disappeared yet.

Hattori Shimada... It was an interesting name to say the least, and Daiko had no problem committing it to memory. She even asked him his own name, as if she didn't trust how Nayoko introduced him. "The name is Daiko."

Shimada then later looked somewhat impressed when Daiko brought up the giant shark, and Nayoko's explanation on how he had not actually tried to hurt Daiko and just got carried away made her look even more confused. Though it did hurt in the moment, he was happy that he was going to be able to learn this move from someone. He didn't really know how to go about doing it himself. Shimada then looked like she was in pain by the tensing of her muscles around her eyebrows. It was very subtle, but Daiko was playing close attention to every detail of her seemingly flawless figure, and he felt bad. He didn't really have anything to help her, other than some cold water. But, he wasn't quite sure how well that would go down in conversation.

He noticed that she was looking into his eyes, as he was looking into his. Just as Nayoko began to speak, he did a very quick and subtle wink, flashing a small grin of his sharp canines. He would then shift his focus over to his friend Nayoko as if he had never done that.

Daiko acknowledged that Nayoko had a problem, and began to pay attention to his friend as he told a story. Apparently some Special Jounin had some beef with him or something, and Daiko figured that he needed to put the beat down on him. Although Nayoko only described it as a fishy situation, he knew that if there was no reason to fear that he would not have consulted himself. Daiko was happy to help, and he didn't really have anything better to do except learn everything he possibly can about that girl, Shimada. "I enjoy that you call it a mystery meeting in the woods, so you can sign me up... Just know that I will likely remain hidden until something goes down." He continues, "Even if there is no real pressure, the instant there is you won't even see me coming for him." Daiko laughs.

If Shimada was still experiencing the pain that he had noted, he would go over to attempt to assist her. He would ask, "If it's a hangover you're feeling, I know a trick that might just help a little bit..." If she allowed him to get close enough and accepted his offer, he would press his palm to her forehead softly, and when it made contact it would turn into a water-like substance, beginning as a warm temperature about that of one's body, and then slowly cooling down to numb the sore spots around her temple likely from the booze that she had talked about drinking before. If she wanted him off or it seemed like it was time to stop, he would pull his hand off and it wouldn't even look like it was anything different.

If she had refused, he would just shuffle back over to Nayoko and continue talk on planning.

[575]
{1861}

-5 Chakra IF Hydrification Technique used

190/200 Chakra

Jutsu Used:

Shimada

Shimada

D-rank
The proposal for her assistance in the situation did not seem strange, his statement held in much consideration at best. Shimada studied the dark haired man carefully, narrow eyes probing for any hidden slivers of personal intent that remained hidden underneath his offer, but found nothing. Nozara's words were either honest, or too well guarded for her to analyze. Of course, if he simply desired her presence in the aspect of a threat being potential, the Hattori could understand; and yet, deep down, something nagged at the back of her mind.

Her contemplation on the subject did not last long, however, as she pulled herself back into reality just in time to catch the blond male - whom had informed her his name was Daiko - slipping her a brief wink; a twitch of an eyelid over one baby blue iris to others, but an expression to her trained observational skills. Shimada had not meant to stare, to deviate his attention towards her and away from the main subject, but it seems she had unconsciously done just that. The grin he provided, sharp-edged with canines a bit too pronounced than normal, was testimony to that fact. Was he... teasing her? The woman did not know of his intentions, and did not wish to find out as she turned her pallid face back onto Nozara-kun. Content on simply listening to the critical parts of his story.

A blond Nara; a creepy request to meet in the woods outside the village for a so called 'special request'. Everything about it screamed danger to the Hattori woman, but, in her mind, she knew she had been known to overreact in the past. Perhaps her thoughts were just paranoia induced whispers, not quite meaningful, but enough to cause an impact on her consciousness. It was no surprise he desired a companion to venture in alongside him. Two, if she accepted his modest offer. Her hands clenched into subtle fists by her sides; leaving crescent moon imprints into the skin of her palms. Rarely did she ever go out of her way in scenarios like these, but given the possibility of a threat, it was the only thing she could do.

Answer 'yes' and be on her merry way after everything was said and done. Stiffly nodding, it was the only expressive response she provided the pair.

"Ah, it's going to be somewhat of a drag, but sure. Why not?" Ruby eyes flashing, she turned to address the two males she walked slowly beside. "Better than getting a report saying two shinobi died today because they lacked a third member who could have been used as a distraction." She joked grimly, blunt in her honesty; tongue sharp as the words snaked out of her thin lips. Shimada did not feel as if atonement was necessary at the moment, and continued on. "Oh, but if I am to come along as some form of backup, we can forgo the market altogether. I can put off eating until later, and just swing by the stalls once I head back home." It was an honest answer, one the woman finalized in a quiet yet stern tone of voice. She would not idle about until the critical problem was dealt with correctly.

That, and the pain in her skull that lingered. Though she had refused to glimpse at Daiko, unsettled by the sharp grin he had provided, she could not help but feel he had something important on his mind to share with her. And in that aspect, she had been partially correct.

"In all honesty, I would appreciate it even if your self proclaimed 'trick' barely does anything or not. I do not believe it would fare well for me if I ventured with you two in the woods and ineffectively supported you due to the cause of pain." She explained rather calmly despite the ache threatening to flare up once again; forcing her into making a mental note never to drink so heavily ever again in pursuit of companionship. "Whatever it shall be, Daiko-sama, I will give you permission. So long as I may finally feel a little bit more like myself again." Glancing wearily at the blond male, a light scowl tipped her lips downwards. "Just thinking how I appear to the public eye looking like a wreck agitates me."

If she were to take the entire conversation seriously, she would have to have her mind in complete focus. Multi-tasking had never been a forte of hers, and if it came down to it, the Hattori would have a difficult time juggling pain and attacking whatever came at them if it came down to fighting.

Shimada did not want to be seen as vulnerable, and though accepting the foreign shinobi's statement of aid seemed weak to her, it was that or suffer through another couple of hours with a hangover. Daiko's aspect of assistance seemed harmless enough as it was, and no doubt, a strange sensation that would ease away lingering aches. Taking no longer then what she deemed necessary to remove the gentle palm at her forehead and distance herself once more.

Shielding expression under her usual mask of apathy.

The woman with the crimson locks wanted nothing more than to process with the operation at hand, anyway. Only to lull her worries at ease.

[897 + 987 = 1884]

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
Nayoko looked between the pair of ninja in front of him, waiting for a response. They seemed to think it over for a few moments, but it was not very long before Nayoko had his answers. Daiko was the first to respond, smiling at Nayoko before speaking. "I enjoy that you call it a mystery meeting in the woods, so you can sign me up... Just know that I will likely remain hidden until something goes down. Even if there is no real pressure, the instant there is you won't even see me coming for him." Daiko then laughed, and Nayoko smiled, raising a hand and clasping him on the shoulder. “Thanks Daiko, I knew I could count on you.”

He turned his gaze toward Shimada, locking eyes with her for a moment before glancing down and seeing her hands balled into tight fists. Looking back up at her, she gave him a curt nod and answered. "Ah, it's going to be somewhat of a drag, but sure. Why not?" Her ruby red eyes flashed in the sunlight as she turned to address Nayoko and Daiko both. "Better than getting a report saying two shinobi died today because they lacked a third member who could have been used as a distraction." Nayoko could tell that she was joking, but it was a grim joke indeed. Though he knew that a great amount of danger was a possibility, the mention of the it caused him to wince slightly, which he knew Shimada would pick up on after learning how observant she was from their evening together at the pub. "Oh, but if I am to come along as some form of backup, we can forgo the market altogether. I can put off eating until later, and just swing by the stalls once I head back home." Nayoko released Daiko’s shoulder and maneuvered himself so that he would be walking between his two friends, and then turned to Shimida. “Thank you,” he said softly, placing a hand on her shoulder and renewing his soft smile, his eyes betraying the true extent of his worry. He had no idea what to expect, and it was eating him up inside. “I really appreciate your help.” Nayoko removed his hand and addressed both parties, “Regardless of what happens, I owe you both dinner or something! Anything you want, it’s on me.” After letting Daiko help Shimada with her headache, and choking back another influx of envy, his smile grew as the three young ninja made their way out of the village gate and around to the small south forest.

The walk was not a very long one, and since it was such a nice day out Nayoko tried to enjoy it, taking in the sounds of water flowing at the nearby docks, the rushing of the cool breeze through the trees of the forest in which they now walked. He remained quiet for the most part, unless spoken to, and chanced a glace over at Shimada. She seemed tired, just as he had seen her when they had first met, but it was hard for him to discern anything else about what was going on in her mind due to the apathetic guise she had donned once again. Maybe it was because Daiko was here too? Or maybe she was embarrassed to have let so much show previously. Either way, she was not being as open has she had been the other night, and that, more than anything, disappointed Nayoko. He sighed a heavy sigh, trying to calm himself for whatever would come next, hoping to everything that whatever it was would leave him and his friends unscathed, but knowing that probably would not be the case. As they neared the place where he was to meet Shunsen Nara, he turned to Daiko. “Well Daiko, if you are wanting to stay out of sight, I would take to the trees now. Good luck my friend, and thanks again for having my back.”

After Daiko left he turned to Shimada, “What about you Hattori-chan? Will you hidein the woods as well? Or do you want to come with me? Either should be fine. Whatever you choose, we should get moving now.” He said this, giving her one last look in her eyes, hesitating but for a moment longer than he should, and then turned down the path that he was supposed to follow! He turned to her as he walked, “Thanks again for the assist.” He smiled one last time, before it faded and his face hardened, determined to see what was going to happen next. He began walking though the forest, hoping that Shimada would be by his side, but knowing that even if she was not, Daiko and her were in the woods, and had his back.

Here we go…

WC: 846+2733=3579

OOC:

Last edited by Nayoko Nozara on Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Daiko

Daiko

D-rank
After his friend Nayoko had thanked him for his help and told him to get to the trees, he did just that. He walked up the side of an especially tall tree, and sat up on a branch. He had a clear view of down below, and saw Nayoko walking through the forest. He would stay about 20 meters back from where he was, continuously scanning the area for any moving figures other than Nayoko and Shimada. He would remain hidden up in the trees, waiting for an opportunity for him to pop out.

The truth was, he was going to have to let a little bit of action bust out before he took out the guy. He needed to make sure the special jounin that Nayoko had informed him about was somewhat distracted, so that when Daiko attacked it would do the most possible harm to the man. He had something special in store for whoever this was. He knew he couldn't use some techniques on Nayoko, but this guy would be perfect practice. 

He continued to wait, the wind was blowing toward him and carried some scattering of conversation that would be going on below, and it would make sure his scent carried in the opposite direction of the man. The weather was looking to be in the party's favor, as it was as bright sunny day. They would have to look out for the shadows, however.

[239]
{2100}

Shimada

Shimada

D-rank
Shimada did not miss the slight wince the black haired male had committed to when she had offered up her morbidly cruel joke, and turned her gaze upon him curiously. Narrow orbs of ruby scanning his dark pits of brown with thoughtful consideration. She could understand it as unease at the mention of potential danger, and almost made it a note to reprimand herself for insinuating such a possible outcome. But that was how she acted. Blunt, and honest about the odds of reality. The Hattori woman did not bring up the subject again, preferring to fall in step as they started maneuvering their way out of the market district.

She would have stayed silent if Nozara-kun had not clapped a hand on her shoulder and provided her a soft 'thanks'. The same motion he had bestowed upon Daiko moments prior. Peering up, pale face turned to look at him clearly, she witnessed the gentle smile clashing against worry filled eyes; marring the otherwise happier countenance the young man normally displayed. 'He really is getting worked up about this, huh? Well... I probably would, too, if I got some mysterious message without much context. In this world, this cruel and bitter world, there are many things that could be one's downfall,' breaking from her musings, she focused on the warm hand at her shoulder, 'but many things that can be one's savior.' It was a simple conclusion, and she felt somewhat content at that fact despite the unpredictability of the task they were setting off to complete. Lips fighting back a faint smirk at Nozara-kun's addressing of both parties in owing them something; whether it be dinner or of equal value.

"Ah, dinner, most likely. That sounds like a better option." Shimada glanced at the sky as she spoke, allowing the sunlight to fall onto her face and reflect the red shade of her hair. It felt... nice, for a change. An affair to keep her mind of of everything else, and how unkempt she still must look. At least the headache had subsided to a low ache from the aid of the foreign male.

The walk was a pleasant one, especially when the forest started to arch above them; providing shade and a gentle breeze through the leaves that sounded like water. Distant, yet strangely comforting. As she strolled, posture on edge, quick to become guarded, the woman took a moment to spare glances at her companions. The blonde shinobi, quiet, yet confident in his plan to stay within the trees and wait for an opening. And a familiar companion intent on rooting out the source of the situation, though tense in his own way. Shimada turned her eyes silently onto the taller of the two males, taking in the dark glow of his hair in the broken sunlight. The colors were so different, and yet, deep within the past, they shared the same bloodline. It seemed almost impossible, given the sharp contrasts of the appearances.

But it had never been a bother in the first place, and never would be.

"Hey," she called in a whisper after having watched Daiko be given clearance to head for cover in the trees, "it'll be fine. We've got your back..." The deep sigh the dark haired man ushered out had set the young kunoichi off, and whether it was from stress or another reason, she was determined to assess it. Slowly, unsure if she wanted to express so much concern so openly, she reached out with a pale hand and placed it onto his shoulder. Just as he had done to her when giving his appreciation. "If anything happens, you know we will be in cover. I'd much rather prefer to go with you as I do not care for hiding out, but it seems in the best interest if it were to appear you had come alone. For your best interest, of course. No telling what the Nara would think if he saw you had brought security." Shimada saw the lingering look in his eyes, the hesitation, but she hoped she could have dispelled a portion of the anxiety. The woman may not have been efficient in consoling, yet it was the best she could do.

Slipping her hand off his shoulder, turning around, she made her way for a thick tree, pinpointing an exceptional branch for obscurity. They could not see her, but she could definitely see them. Before she could proceed to venture up, however, she paused. Ruby eyes flashing in the shade as she forced herself to peer over her shoulder at the tall male. 'Can't believe I'm doing this...'

"Nozara-kun." Murmuring, hushed in the breeze, the young woman paused for dramatic effect. Mouth threatening to curl into a faint yet sharp smirk. "Jealousy does not suit you." Shimada left him to face the person of interest with those parting words, muscles tensing to move as she found her perch on the branch and remained. Stony-faced, and steely eyed.

Now, all she had to do was play the waiting game.

[855 + 1884 = 2739]

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
As he stepped down the path toward his meeting place, Nayoko glanced up in time to see Daiko dash through the trees before disappearing into the shadows. Just like Shimada said, I’ll be fine and they’ve got me covered if anything goes wrong. Nayoko nodded to himself and glanced over his shoulder to see where Shimada had gone, but was unable to find her. It was probably for the best if he did not know where is companions were hiding, that way he would not be able to give away her position or Daiko’s if it looked like things were going south. With his mind reassured and less cluttered, he continued onward.

He had heard her last words before the young kunoichi had left for her hiding spot. "Nozara-kun…Jealousy does not suit you." So she knew. Now that his face was probably out of sight from her, he allowed himself a curse and a grimace. He knew he had no right to be jealous, but he felt it. And now that she had noticed, she probably thought less of him. He shook his head, nice work Nayoko. At least you’ll get to take her out to dinner once more before she stops talking to you because of your jealous tendencies. He allowed this last thought to wander through his mind before emptying it of all distraction. He knew why he was here, and now he was going to face whatever this meeting held for him.

Nayoko found himself stepping into a small clearing, about 20m across and circular, ringed with the trees of the forest. He glanced around, taking in his surroundings and hoping that his friends were just on the edges of this area. It did not take long before his eyes fell onto the man on the far side of the clearing. It was not who he expected. He had hoped to find Shunsen Nara waiting for him, but instead it was a man whom he had never met before. The man was tall, taller than Nayoko by around 4 inches, and he wore a dark brown robe that covered most of his body, a katana that had seen better days strapped to his hip. His hair was jet black and fell long and straight over his shoulders, and his eyes were a piercing green color. The most striking thing about the person who stood before Nayoko now though, was the headband that he wore. It was wrapped onto his upper right arm, and it bore the symbol of Kirigakure no Sato, but with one distinct difference. It had a slash mark clean through the symbol. A missing-nin? Damn…not again. Nayoko stood firm for a moment, waiting for the man to say something, eyeing up the weapon that the stranger rested his hand on.

Finally, the silence was broken by the stranger speaking. “Nozara Nayoko I presume. We were told that we would find you here.” Nayoko started slightly, looking around the area quickly trying to find the “we” that this man spoke of. As if on cue, two more people stepped from the woods behind the man, and Nayoko began to wonder how he had not seen them before. One was a woman, she wore tight dark green clothes and had blonde hair that was tied up into a bun at the back of her head. The other figure was a man who was stronger than Nayoko for sure, but seemed slower than the others. His brown hair was cut short and he wore no weapons other than his fists, which were sure to hurt if they managed to hit their target. They both also bore defaced headbands of the Hidden Mist. Nayoko glanced at the group in front of him, finally deciding to answer them. “Who told you to find me here? And don’t tell me Shunsen Nara. I’ve figured out by now that he is not who he says he is.” The man in the center, appearing uninterested reached into his robe and pulled out a piece of paper. He then continued, leaving Nayoko’s question unanswered. “If you survive, which you won’t, you are to take this note from me. Then maybe you can get some questions answered.” He tucked the paper away nonchalantly, as if he had not just threatened the twenty-two year old.

Nayoko, after processing what had just been said to him, dropped into a defensive stance, looking around the three enemies in front of him. He took a deep breath and silently thanks all of the powers above that he had brought backup. “I don’t know what is going on here,” Nayoko continued, “but if you threaten me I have no choice but to defend myself.” He said nothing more, stepping around slowly to get an angle on the group. As he passed a long that was on the ground, he stopped in front of it and took a moment to channel some of his chakra into it for substitution, just in case. Then he waited. The strangers spread out slowly, and the one that had done all of the talking drew his katana before speaking one last time. “Very well then, defend yourself!” He shouted the last two words as he dashed forward, sword out and ready to kill. Nayoko Readied himself for the coming battle, waiting for his opponent to get in range. Come on Daiko, Shimada, let’s do this!

The fight was on!  

WC: 949+3579=4528

Chakra: 145/150

Jutsu Used:

OOC:

Daiko

Daiko

D-rank
Daiko continues to remain perched atop the tree, staring down at Nayoko. He then noticed that the man walking forward turned out to be three men. He remained up in the tree, watching the movements of all of them, trying to pick up little details. He had a great view of them from the tree he was in, and picked up a disfigured headband that he could recognize as Kirigakure. Sighing ever so quietly to himself, he put his face in his hand and shook it. Not only were these people the type to drag Daiko out here to look for a Nara, but they were also the type to play dirty and bring backup. If that wasn't enough, they were some punks from the village that he came from. He knew that where he came from there were some bad people but he truthfully wondered why would one scratch out the head band. It would be one thing to mess up the head band and throw it away. But keeping it on? He wasn't quite sure what they were trying to accomplish by doing this, so it just fueled the silent rage that began to burn within him.

He continued to watch, while the front runner made a show of things for Nayoko. He was acting like he was running the place and he was the king of the world. Little did that man know what assault Nayoko had had as backup. Daiko didn't quite know the power of the girl near him, but he would try to assist her.

So, the attack would start. He would have made a clone behind the tree, that looked exactly like the third man that was threatening Nayoko. From where Daiko was, it would be out of the line of vision for the man whom it looked like to see it, so what was about to be happen would be funny. The clone walks out, and calls to the head honcho, "Aye boss! Careful which leaves you wipe with!" Before they could realize that something was wrong and / or the fact that the clone looked exactly like the other guy, from the ground would shoot a jet of water heading towards the two men, able to turn and chase one of them down, and the clone would start sprinting after the blade. Jumping from the tree the second the jet appears, Daiko pulls out his tanto and attempts to land on one of the men with the blade cutting into their shoulder, then grabbing their arms and overpowering them to get their arms locked behind their body. Hmm. These guys seemed to be quite a bit weaker than himself. The boss looked like he was going to be taken care of by Nayoko.

Daiko was hoping that the other guy was still distracted by the jet of water and his clone, and held the man over to Shimada, if she had come down. "Let him have it!"

If she had not come down, he would knee the man in the back and throw him down, hoping that he didn't get back up. The other guy was another problem, so he began to scan his surroundings to see what was up with that. He was ready for more fighting, and wondered if Nayoko wanted these people to die.

[555]
{2655}

-15 Chakra, Fire Clone 
-25 Chakra (Given to clone)
-15 Chakra, Rising Slice
-5 Chakra, Transformation Technique

130/200 Chakra

Jutsu Used:

Shimada

Shimada

D-rank
'Shit!' The curse rang out clear in her head, all but empty expect for the stress running rampant against her skull. It was just as she had feared, and now, considering the situation, appeared it was a good move on Nozara's part for opting in bringing backup. She would definitely have to congratulate him when the three adversaries were dispatched properly. Ruby eyes narrowed, studying the figures carefully, she watched for any signs of sudden movement; only picking up the motion of paper being retrieved, and lips moving to soundless words. She could not hear what was being exchanged, but knew it was not good when her companion readied his stance and the leader of the group - a large brute of a shinobi - rushed him. Katana drawn, blade arching for blood.

Despite the apparent chaos, Shimada remained perched on the branch. Readying herself, but maintaining stealth. Her muscles tensed for the fight as she witnessed Daiko let loose a jet of roaring water, twisting and turning after the only female of the small group, and leaped for the man with brown hair. The blade he wore cutting into his shoulder. It seemed simple, a little too easy, as Daiko locked their arms behind them and kept them still the best he could, but the missing-nin was slow. Powerful, but obviously not skilled in the art of speed and reflex. Her ears strained as she heard Daiko call for her, and she figured now was the time to leave the cover of the trees.

Jumping into the air, wind blowing her bloody locks awry, she landed roughly onto the ground with a thud, and did not hesitate to rush over to the restrained man. A grim expression donning her features as she neared; noting them to be from Kirigakure. Her jaw clenched tightly. 'The hell this Nara thinks he is doing, sending fake messages and trying to get Nozara-kun killed. Not to mention now all of us in the process. I see that man, he's going to answer to my fist in his face.' Pausing in front of the missing-nin, breath coming out fast, she peered around for just a moment to catch the scene before her. The apparent 'boss' of the trio fighting Nozara, the female still pursued by the torrent of water. She'd be the next on Shimada's incredibly short list.

Not wasting any time, the Hattori woman took a few steps back from the man, and inhaled a deep breath. Focusing chakra into the very back of her throat, she could feel the gaseous substance build up, and when she could hold no more, exhaled heavily. Allowing the gas to slip past her thin lips and spread out in front of her in a fairly moderate cloud; appearing like a faint mist, but smelling increasingly noxious. She had no trouble igniting the highly flammable gas, but given Daiko was there, she did not prefer to put him in harm's way. Keeping her red eyes fixed on the man's, hands ready to prepare for another jutsu, she cleared her dry throat to speak up. "I'd advise you to get out of this area, Daiko. Once I ignite the gas, it'll go up in flames, and leave this man with a few good burns. Should be enough to dismiss him from considering another attack, I believe.."

Not waiting whether or not to see how far Daiko may be, her hands formed the Tiger seal, and she inhaled another deep breath, building up the chakra in her mouth once more; feeling it burn in the depths of her lungs. Shimada could have gone with a more basic jutsu, one that required less work, but to ensure the damage incapacitated him, ramping up the opponent's burns into second degree wounds would be highly more efficient then leaving it to a one degree with simply igniting the gas by itself. Another Fire Release would do just the trick.

Unsealing her lips, she breathed out the chakra into a ball of flames. Watching in grim anticipation as the orb of fire met with the target, and set off the chain reaction of igniting the flammable gas. Hopefully burning the man, but not to the extreme point of death; if he was not incapacitated by the move, she would return for him later. She altered her gaze away from the fiery carnage, the scent of smoke infiltrating her nose, and the taste of ash lingering on her tongue. Reminding her of the violent intent she had just possessed. With him out of the way, she could focus her attention on the other member, and eventually, the 'boss' if Nozara had not dispatched him at this point himself.

Shimada took a step forward, muscles braced to spring into action once more, but suddenly found a wave of fatigue washing over her. Seemingly draining a portion of her energy altogether. She cursed herself out in her head. 'Not now! Damn this chronic fatigue, I can't let it overwhelm me at a time like this...' Expression pulling down into a visible scowl, eyebrows knitting together in frustration, the Hattori forcefully pushed herself to keep moving, targeting the last subordinate carefully.

Studying with a keen gaze. There was no telling what they were exactly up against, so precaution was the best measure.

That, and companions on the side.

[902 + 2739 = 3641]

[Chakra - 125/150]

Jutsu Used:

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank

Nayoko nodded in approval to himself as he caught a glimpse of his traveling friend jumping from the trees around the clearing while the missing-nin who had addressed Nayoko approached rapidly. Nayoko took the time of his enemy’s approach to gather as much information as he could. This ninja was quick, but not nearly as fast as Nayoko. His taijutsu training had enhanced that ability enough that keeping up with him would not be an issue. He also looked smaller than Nayoko in stature, which proably meant Nayoko was stronger for the most part. The two advantages his enemy held over him were the mystery of what jutsu were at his disposal, and the sword that was now swinging for Nayoko’s midsection.  Nayoko saw it coming from a mile away, and side-stepped it deftly, following up with a chop to his opponent’s throat. It connected with a crunch, and in retaliation the stranger swung his sword violently and without much care as he gripped his neck. Nayoko, not being used to such recklessness, stepped back at just the last moment, and exhaled a large amount of fuuton chakra from his mouth, moving him away from the stranger for a moment.

It was then he felt the explosion of heat at his back, and could not help but glance over his shoulder. He watched as Shimada stood behind him, exhaling a large fireball and igniting a mist that hung in the air. The whole area surrounding one of the adversaries was drowned in flames, and Nayoko turned away, assuming that the missing-nin would be dealt with easily enough if he was not already. Unfortunately, the moment of distraction allowed for the ninja he was fighting to approach Nayoko once again, and this time Nayoko was not as ready for the two handed swing of the katana. He attempted to side step this strike as well, but was too late, as he felt a sharp pain flow through from his sternum to his shoulder, followed by the flow of blood penetrating his shirt. He grimaced and audibly grunted, feeling the pain but realizing the cut was not too bad. He would survive, but it would hurt and probably scar. Luckily for Nayoko, his enemy had followed through with his blade enough to leave one whole side of his body exposed. Nayoko took advantage of this and began to aggressively assault it, repeatedly throwing punch after punch, kick after kick into the man’s rib cage until he felt them crack. He could not help but smirk as the man stumbled backwards slightly. Then Nayoko saw his chance.

Crouching low, he increased the flow of chakra into his legs and feet before launching a particularly strong rear spinning low kick that impacted with Nayoko’s heel onto the same side that he had be assailing, which sent his enemy spinning upward and moving away around 2m. Then, using a burst of speed Nayoko moved back 13m in a split-second, before channeling a large amount of suiton chakra into the palm of his hand. It swirled there for but a moment before he launched it forward at a blistering speed. A stream of the water flew forward, one end still remaining at Nayoko’s hand, and the other slamming into that same location on his adversary’s side. At this point, all of the ribs on that side of his body would be broken. As the water reached the man, it wrapped around his body like some kind of lasso. Nayoko’s eye’s narrowed as he saw the man show signs of panic for a brief moment, before he pulled the stream, along with the stranger, toward him very quickly. Nayoko waited patiently for the perfect moment, and then struck. As the water from his jutsu disappeared when he was about 3m form him, Nayoko crouched and raised his leg straight into the jaw of his opponent. There was the resounding *crack* of bone striking bone as the hit connected, sending Nayoko’s combatant onto his back, unconscious.

Nayoko, not taking the time to celebrate his victory, turned around to see the progress of the fight behind him. It looked like the other man had been burnt to a crisp and the woman was still dealing with Daiko and Shimada. They looked like they were handling her without issue. Nayoko grimaced and glanced down at the now out-cold body of the missing-nin he had been fighting. The sweat on his head was causing his hair to fall down into his eyes, the salty liquid making them sting ever so slightly. It was then, as he stared down at this man, that his adrenaline started to wear off and the pain in his chest began to emerge once again with a vengeance. He couldn’t help but let out an audible cry before falling to his knees and pulling open the cloak of his adversary. He frantically searching though the pockets for the note that he had been shown. After a few moments he found it and tore it from the pocket it what could almost pass as panic. He flipped it open and stared at the paper. Eyes wide, he mouthed the words as he read them, trying to make sense of what they said, trying to understand why his mother’s family name stared back at him from the page in his blood-soaked hand.

Congratulations Nayoko. You’ve passed the second test. The next part will be a lot harder, so I suggest you prepare. Come to the Swamp of Sorry in the Land of Water. Once you are there, I will find you, and the third test will begin. I look forward to seeing you again. ~Koyanagi Tano

WC: 971+4528=5499
Chakra: 115/150

Jutsu Used:

Daiko

Daiko

D-rank
Daiko moved out of the way for the red-haired 'fire breath' and decided that why not add some of his own? He breathed out a gas that sounded somewhat similar to what she was talking about. He was lowkey about it and only sighed it out, wondering if it'll turn these guys into french fries. He noticed when he got out of the area that the enemy girl was still running around doing annoying stuff out side of the fire, so he decided to send clone after her. She seemed to be struggling a bit, and Daiko ran to her and tried to stab her in the side with his tanto. She dodged to the side and kneed him in the side of the leg, which turned to water and threw off her balance ever so slightly, allowing Daiko's tanto to slide up to her neck and cut her trachea, causing her to likely lose oxygen flow to her lungs. Daiko noticed that the guy in the fire mist got turned into a french fry like he assumed, and he walked over to Nayoko. 

"Hey man. Those guys weren't too tough. Glad I could get in on the fun." He laughed slightly, then turned his attention to the note that he was holding. "What's the note say? Something about how there's a treasure hidden around here?" He really hoped that it would be money. After beating these guys up he worked up an appetite and was getting pretty hungry. Only then did he realize that he was getting taken out to dinner by Nayoko. Daiko realized then that he didn't really care what was on the note, as long as he got food.

Walking over to Shimada, he complimented her battle prowess. "Hey that fireball was pretty cool. Burnt that guy to a crisp." He nods, pacing around. He was waiting for his signal of what to do next.

[319]
{2974}

-10 Chakra, Misty Flame Dance
-5 Chakra, -2 Hydropoints, Hydrification Technique (D)

115/200 Chakra
14/20 HydroPoints
Jutsu Used:

Shimada

Shimada

D-rank
Shimada knew the short lived battle was over when the last two remaining opponents were handled by each of her male companions, respectively. The kunoichi's futile attempt at an attack, resulting in a slice to her throat, and a one way trip to death's merciless door. She'd either bleed out first or drown in her own blood before the oxygen loss could get to her brain and force her to pass out; whichever one occurred did not concern the Hattori woman in the slightest, and as cruel as the thought may have been, it was only business. The world was bitter, those unfit for the harshness cast out by natural cause or adversary. For the female's pathetic approach at the fight, she had barely put up much of a struggle.

'And that is why I ask myself why bother? Shinobi unfit to be what their occupation demands of them tend to meet tragic ends. She and the man I burned are no better...' Shimada, ruby eyes flashing, glimpsed at the charred body that remained; blackened and near unrecognizable. Face twisted in a manner of utmost pain. How had it felt, burning alive without any way to stop the raging ache as skin cracked and flesh lost? To her, it was a thought best left unfinished, and she directed her attention away from the scene she had a hand in creating and onto Nozara. Thin brows furrowing in stress.

The man he had been fighting, brute of a shinobi, lay on the ground wet with water. No doubt from a jutsu her companion had used. He seemed dead, the way he rested so stilly against the ground, but the faintest rise and fall of his chest caught her eye and whisked away any doubt. Nozara had not killed him, but instead choose to leave him alive and barely well. For what reason? Of course, she knew, killing without reason was just another word for ‘murder’, but not finishing the man could cause potential problems in the future. Shimada kept the notion at bay, however, as it was not her place to decide who lived or died without justified logic. He had a reason for keeping him alive, and she would respect the idea. No sense in making enemies if she could help it.

Starting towards him, she nearly faltered in her steps, sandals scuffing against the ground as another wave of fatigue slammed into her. Her lips twitched, a brief flash of movement that, to her, was a considerable scowl. ’Dammit… I can’t remember feeling this tired in a long time.’ A pale hand reached up to brush a few stray locks of red hair from her face. ’Making a mental note not to exert my energy to fast again.’ Concluding, the Hattori mustered up remaining strength and stalked off in the same direction. Eyes widening a fraction, scanning - probing - the thin trail of blood she just noticed on Nozara’s shirt. Blossoming like a crimson flower on his chest. Red staining the man’s sword evident that he had managed to get a hit in before collapsing.

Though she displayed no concern on her face, something constricted her heart, and she watched carefully as her companion knelt, searching for the slip of paper that had held so much meaning since the beginning of the irksome battle. He appeared nearly panicked as he read it, and she left him to his business. Shoving her hands into the pockets of her slightly blackened coat, and wondering when was the best time for a long nap. She could still smell smoke in the air as she turned to face Daiko, the young man whom had just walked up to her with a compliment for her action in the fight. Shimada let a loose smirk cover her thin lips. ”Ah, I suppose so. Took a lot more out of me than I planned, however.” She peered at the figure she had laid waste to; tasting ash in the back of her throat when she spoke. ”And what about you? You dispatched that woman pretty quickly. Didn’t even give her a chance to fight back.” The Hattori added off-handedly, sighing heavily to cover up the yawn that threatened to overpower her.

She could not help but dwell on the blood staining the other male’s shirt.

”Whatever the note shares with you, Nozara-kun, I hope it does not bring bad news. Put us through enough as it is today. First thing, however,” she glanced wearily at him through a tired orb of red, ”need to get you to the hospital. I don’t know a damn thing about medical jutsu or treatment in general besides tending to simple scratches. It’s best you probably got that looked at before doing anything rash.” Breaking her words off, she averted her gaze from his hunched form and gazed at the ground.

The smell of fire lingered heavy on her tongue.

[831 + 3641 = 4472]

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
He could hear sounds around him. Muffled words echoing though the air in the clearing. There were sounds of burning, coupled with flares of intense heat and the scent of smoldering flesh. There was a grunt, maybe a splash, and a thud of some sort. All of it sounded as if it was under so much water to the twenty-two year old who now knelt trying to take in everything he could from the piece of paper held in his hand. How? How could this be possible? That’s my mother’s family name. It doesn’t make any sense. Nayoko’s teeth were beginning to grind as he fought back the slightest hint of tears that threatened to leak from his eyes. He managed to prevent them from emerging, and did his best to reconnect with his surroundings. Daiko’s voice snapped him out of his stupor "Hey man. Those guys weren't too tough. Glad I could get in on the fun." He let out a silent chuckle, then turned his attention to the note that Nayoko was holding. "What's the note say? Something about how there's a treasure hidden around here?" Nayoko remained in his kneeling position and shoved the note in his jacket pocket. “To be honest Daiko,” he said quietly so that only the young man could hear, “I have no idea what the note is, but it is nothing good. Something about wanting to see me again.” He shook his head, staring intently at the man lying in front of him, “I don’t think I’ll be as surprised next time.”

He heard Daiko and Shimada begin talking about the fight that had occurred, but he did not bother commenting. He had too much on his mind to think about how well the fight went. Something tells me this Shunsen Nara knew it would not be very difficult. He stood up and turned toward his friends, and noticed Shimada glancing at his chest. He tilted his head for a moment, confused at what she was looking at, before the memories of the cut in his chest returned, and with the memories, the pain. She must have noticed the pain that registered on his face, because she then began to speak ”Whatever the note shares with you, Nozara-kun, I hope it does not bring bad news. Put us through enough as it is today. First thing, however,” she glanced at him through the rubies she had for eyes, pushing some strands of crimson hair from her face, ”need to get you to the hospital. I don’t know a damn thing about medical jutsu or treatment in general besides tending to simple scratches. It’s best you probably got that looked at before doing anything rash.” Nayoko nodded, stepping toward her as she broke eye contact and stared at the ground. “You’re right of course. Looks like I’m the only one that took a hit this time around.” He smiled weakly, wincing through the pain. The cut was not as small as he first thought; probably at least an inch deep and 8 inches long. He was bleeding a lot. Taking off his jacket, he tied it tightly around his chest and back, hoping to staunch the bleeding at least a little bit. His tight black shirt clung to his upper body due to the sweat and blood underneath it now. He could not help but grimace. “Alright, looks like I’m ready to go.” He glanced back over his shoulder at the fallen missing-nin that was still breathing, then back to his friends. He thought for a moment, trying to decide what to do, and came to one conclusion. He woul not be the monster that this Nara was. “Leave that one. Something tells me he won’t act so high and mighty without his friends around. He’ll probably head back to wherever he came from.” Nayoko hoped he sounded more sure that he felt.

With that, Nayoko began walking back toward the path that had led the trio this far, returning to the city. He turned to his friends as they started their walk. “I’ll head to the hospital but please don’t feel like you have to join me. As much as I could love the company I don’t want you both to be tied down today if you have other things to do, and you’ve already done so much for me. I’ll catch up with you both as soon as possible so that I can treat you to that dinner I promised! That being siad, I'll never turn down some companionship.” He smiled again, showing off a big grin despite that pain he was in. “Again, thank you both so much. I don’t know how easy that would have been without you guys.”

While he waited for a response and headed toward the village hospital, he pondered what it all could mean. The ambush, the note, his mother’s name, the mysterious Nara-who-was-not. It was not adding up in Nayoko’s head, and that frustrated him to no end. Something was amiss here in the Hidden Leaf, and it seemed like the next step to unravel the mystery waited in the Land of Water.

WC: 931+5499= 6430

OOC:

Daiko

Daiko

D-rank
Daiko nodded at the thanks from his friend Nayoko, but Daiko was just happy that he got to kill at least one of the missing ninja. "It was no problem Nayoko.. Be sure to let me know if you have problems again.." He then looks over at the girl, then back at Nayoko. "I can still take you to Kirigakure whenever you need... We can discuss plans over dinner, no?" He stretches out and allows Nayoko to set off to go to the hospital, and looks over at Shimada, who looked like she was about to die. Blinking once, he wondered about her. He didn't really know much other than her being able to throw one hell of a punch and having red hair. Which wasn't too bad, but he wanted to know more. "Honestly... You should probably head to the hospital with Nayoko. I would like to spend time getting to know you, but I don't feel like right now is the moment..." He shifts his gaze over to the friend that he had met that day in the book shop. "You should probably go with him. He might bleed out or something." Listening to what she had to say if anything, he began to slowly walk away. "I'm sure I will see you around sometime." After he finished that last word, he stepped behind a tree and used body flicker technique to speed back into town and probably look like he disappeared like a badass. 

Stretching out, he walks around town looking for something to do. Noticing some shop that looked like it had something somewhat interesting inside, he steps inside and loses all worries for his friend and that girl. Together they would likely be safe enough, and he didn't really feel the need to follow them around. Stretching out, he looks for ways to spend his time in this shop.

[EXIT]

[314]
{3288}

1 B-Rank Jutsu [1500/1500]
1 B-Rank Jutsu [1500/1500]
228 words Discarded 

-10 Chakra, Body Flicker Technique

105/200 Chakra
14/20 HydroPoints

Jutsu Used:

Last edited by Daiko on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shimada

Shimada

D-rank
Shimada glanced tiredly at the remains of the clearing around her, recollecting her thoughts about the aftermath, and of the fight that concluded moments ago. Interesting how it was all the cause of one man. But what Nozara had said about it being nothing of good news was not a surprise; just how an attack had been sure to arrive. It was all too suspicious, but she was too exhausted to try and contemplate any further on the matters.

The Hattori woman turned her gaze onto Daiko, musings broken by the sudden sound of his voice, and she paused to stare. Eyes studying him carefully. So he wanted to speak more with her, huh? "Ah, you speak truth there. As much as I would find it a unique conversation to chat with someone from outside the village, we really should head over there. Perhaps another time, over dinner Nozara-kun offered us?" Shimada prompted, giving him a slight nod as he started to turn to walk away. "Pleasure fighting alongside you today." Keeping her voice steady, giving away no hint of emotion, she strolled towards Nozara to see him to the hospital. Wondering about the foreign shinobi with the blue eyes and the shaggy blonde hair.

And to think all she had planned for that day was a small trip to the market.

'What a drag of a day...'

[Exit]

[229 + 4472 = 4701]

Training

Learned Fire Style: Flame Bullet (火遁・炎弾 ~ Katon: Endan) [4701 - 1000 = 3701]
Learned Fire Style: Phoenix Flower Jutsu (火遁・鳳仙火の術 ~ Katon: Hōsenka no Jutsu) [3701 - 1000 = 2701]

2701 Words Discarded

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
As Daiko expressed his parting words Nayoko gave him a smile and a nod, knowing that no matter what, Daiko would be able to help him before too long. His face hardened at the mention of Kirigakure, “That may happen sooner than both of us though my friend. We’ll talk soon.” He watched on as Daiko and Shimada exchanged some words before he stepped behind a tree, leaving the scene for the time being. Nayoko chuckled to himself. So dramatic. He then turned toward Shimada. He sighed as he looked at her standing there, still beautiful, if not exhausted. So much had changed in the very short time tat he had known her. At first she was a mysterious stranger with whom he had spent an evening, then she was the girl that kissed him goodnight, and now she was the friend that had come to his aide with nearly no information about the danger they were walking into. His respect for her had soared, as well as something else. It was a feeling he could not quite place, but it was a good one; one that told him next time he would help her, no matter what.

As he watched her turn toward him and approach, he fell in step with her as they walked toward the hospital. “Thanks for coming with me,” he smiled softly, “now I can buy you breakfast on the way there so you don’t starve!” He laughed quietly at that, slightly due to nerves and slightly due to the fact that he was just happy to be with her. As they walked side by side to the hospital he hoped that the day would start to look up before too long. After all, it was barely noon and already he had been attacked by foreign missing-nin. What else could possibly bring the day down?

[Exit Theread]

WC: 324+6430=6754

Training

C-Rank Jutsu: Wind Release: Spiraling Wind Ball (Fūton: Rasen Fuusen ~ 風遁・ラセン風玉) (1000/1000)

C-Rank Jutsu: Wind Release: Gale Palm (Fūton: Reppūshō ~ 風遁・烈風掌) (1000/1000)

C-Rank Jutsu: Wind Release: Slash (Fūton: Kiritateru ~ 風遁・切り立てる) (1000/1000)

Specialization: Taijutsu from B to A (3000/3000)

Unused WC: 754

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.