You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Empty Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:22 am

Alwen Sangotatsu

Alwen Sangotatsu

D-rank
Drip. Drop. Drip. Drop.

Rain fell, drizzling against the cobbled floor of the streets of Kirigakure. Of course, this wasn’t anything particularly new or interesting to the locals, the dismal grey of the sky a regular occurrence - as one could gather from the name of the village. And like everyone else, a peculiar genin walked among the streets, wooden geta clacking against the street. She wore a silken kimono, rather casual wear for once, of assorted blues, teals, and purples, flowing in patterns akin to waves of water. Her hair was long, messy, and had assorted dyes and highlights, most prominently in her fringe. Amber eyes gazed around, idly shifting focus to an assortment of details found on buildings and stalls within the street. Things were relatively normal and peaceful; as one would expect. Although perhaps this normality was broken by the presence of horns upon the top of this girl’s head. She was after all a Sangotatsu by the name of Alwen, and while her horns were nubby, they were still horns – a common trait of the clan.

Maneuvering through the streets, the girl walked through the rain, seemingly avoiding getting wet; her shoes, her kimono, her hair – all of it was dry. She’d been walking for roughly half an hour, although the journey was rather unimportant in terms of the details and particulars that occurred. Today was an interesting day for Alwen. Having recently been hired by the somewhat somber Yasuo, she found herself under employment of the Osada manor. The lord of this manor, Sero Osada, was someone she had yet to be acquainted with. Not exactly a great situation to be with your employer, so, Alwen decided to organize a meeting to best remember said situation. As luck would provide, said person was currently the stand in for the Mizukage. So, being the averagely intelligent levelled person that she is, a few days prior Alwen had sent in a request for a formal meeting. A good opportunity to introduce herself properly, as well as learn more about who she’d be working for. Plus, the sea witch had something she wanted to ask a Mizukage for regardless.

Now standing in front of the doors to the administration building, the girl sighed, looking up at the building before entering. It was a monstrosity of a structure, looming at a tremendous 10 stories high above all the surrounding buildings. Yet it gave not the appearance of simply a tower, seeming more like a fortress than a place of business. It was a wonder how it was lit inside regularly, the floors near the ground seeming to have no windows at all: just a sheer wall. The will of the mist incarnate, ruthless, unbreakable, defiant. Allowing herself time to take in the sight, Alwen stepped forth, and into the building.

Within, people were going about their days, working to pick up the slack on those that had gone to Kumogakure for the invasion. A brief looking around to take in the sights around her, then the siren girl made her way to where it was she had to check in. A man seated behind a rather tidy, fancy desk, looked with a cocked eyebrow and rather bemused expression at the oddly dressed Sangotatsu approaching. In his hands he held a couple of pieces of paper, and at his desk was a well-kept pot of ink and quill. With a monotonous voice that perhaps in an instant expressed his lack of care for being there, the man spoke. “Name, and reason." Simple and to the point. The formality and assertive nature of such a brief way of inquiring actually caused the girl genin to stand at more attention, feeling out of place with her informal attire and informal posture. “Sangotatsu, Alwen. Precisely three days ago I requested a meeting with our current stand-in Mizukage, Osada, Sero. The time for that meeting is now, so, I am here to meet with him.” The man sighed, flicking through the documents and paperwork in his hand before taking his quill, and filling in a few boxes. He spun the paper around, towards the girl, giving her the quill. “Sign here.” He instructed, Alwen nodding, and following suit with arguably the messiest signature in the world. The man took the paper, placing the quill back where it belonged, before gesturing to the staircase in the center of the room. “Top floor.

With that, Alwen was off, walking towards and then up the stairs, making her way to where the Mizukage’s office was. The atmosphere was almost suffocating within the building, clearly showing the militaristic design of the building; fortress first, administration second. She walked away from the spiral stairs that she had just ascended, towards the door clearly marked with the symbol of the Mizukage. She paused for a moment, before knocking twice. “Lord Osada, Sangotatsu, Alwen. Reporting for the meeting.” She announced. Well, this would be fun.

Chakra: 140/150 (-10 for D rank jutsu)

Jutsu used:

2Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Empty Re: Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:00 pm

Sero

Sero

S-rank
She would move up the stairs and should she glance at the floors she passed by for Four floors beneath the top the floors had been cleared out. Offices were empty and not a soul moved within the building above the fifth floor besides her. Each floor before was bustling and active with plenty to do and then suddenly it was gone. It was if when she moved up that flight from five to six all sound just stopped. Simply the hum of electricity in the air. It was quiet as not even a mouse dared move. The sixth floor was just a precaution though to keep the staff from picking up a passing feeling of him. An extra floor just to be sure. It wasn't until she would reach the seventh floor that she would suddenly feel it. The lights flickered and it would be like walking into a far different world. Suddenly the air would feel much warmer and the darkness would seem to stretch out. Every shadow like a deep breathing thing. Each corner as if something was waiting just out of sight but just for her. It was a hungry gaping maw that seemed to almost breath to her every step. In and out and as she rose the sense of it rose with her. Hunting her and waiting. It was no wonder the staff had moved away from those floors. The idea of trying to do paperwork while feeling on the verge of being consumed for hours on end was unbearable.

Still as she stood before the Mizukage's office a single light above the door dimly lit the hall. Each time it would flicker out of the corner of her eye she might see something moving. Perhaps a face watching her. Pale with its eyes sunken in and its mouth open with a blackened tongue. One of the souls consumed by his aura just trying to break through and scream. Trying in vain to warn her to flee this place. However that would prove futile for if she were to turn to look there would be nothing there but dark hallway. Stretching on until even her eye sight may swear it led into an abyss well beyond the length of the hall. As she knocked it would echo out as if a great clock suddenly struck the hour and her voice would echo faintly back to her...almost mocking her willingness to approach. The door itself was hot enough it was dripping condensation and something smelled almost like roses at a funeral. It was pleasant and yet somehow it seemed sad. Faded from the scent it might of once been by the stiff air of this place. Sero Osada was here. Anyone could tell that.

Still as she finished speaking there would be a pause as if air was being dragged in by what hunted her. Its maw just out of sight and prepared to consume as if its prey had finally entered its trap. However just as it felt like that maw might close down and end her the door would creak open and something darker than the hallway would be there. A wall of black in the door and yet as it spread out it seemed to drag itself along the wall. Almost infecting it like a virus in a body. It was almost like a fog but darker than night. It seemed to stretch towards the light as it flickered and fought to survive. A lone thing, helpless against what was coming for it. A single tendril of the dark mist seemed to escape and move back and forth stretching and searching. It was a mere inch from the light and poised, ready to strike when all of it would suddenly suck back into the office almost violently. It was gone in a moment as its master willed it to be. There within the office Was a simple desk with a chair behind it. High backed and wooden with a mound of paperwork to the left side smaller than the mound on the right. A chair sat across from the desk but what drew the eye was a young man sitting behind it. Grey hair matched pale skin as his hands signed another document. Almost black with a hint of crimson claw like nails held a pen that scribbled at his work. Silver lined grey robes clung to his body. Average height and a little thin but somehow he screamed of power. A single Katana was leaned up against his desk next to his right hand. Easily within reaching distance as if he expected to be attacked. His eyes though would draw in the onlooker as they shifted to them. It became clear to any one that hadn't guessed to it yet. The aura was his. Every terrifying moment and breath out there was because of something about this man. His eyes glazed and grey like looking into the eyes of the grave seemed to penetrate every inch of her soul and memories. Not a visible detail could be hidden from that gaze and when he spoke, his voice was cold and void of emotion. A single word uttered and yet a command most would be unable to disobey.

"Enter."

3Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Empty Re: Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:19 pm

Alwen Sangotatsu

Alwen Sangotatsu

D-rank
As if on its own, as if alive, the door found its way slowly open, a creaking groan from the motion being one of the many signifiers of this meeting’s tone. It felt like daggers were being stared into her back, yet to Alwen’s knowledge, there was nobody else with or near her in this dimly lit passage. The looming darkness from within the room was almost taunting, mocking the genin for her weakness, reminding her of the sheer feeling of fear. The poorly lit light caused the usually chipper, upbeat genin to hesitate for a moment as she felt almost pressured. The walk up the stairs felt heavy, but this. This was unnerving at best. Even as the visual darkness retracted, revealing the man sat at the chair. Breathing was hard, and the girl found herself watching the silent individual that was seated. He was paler than her, and contrasting with the darkness of the environment around him and of his nails, the lithe figure seemed more like death than the oppressive atmosphere.

As the command echoed through the air, Alwen, like clockwork, stepped into the room, legs tense, at attention. Her breath was shallow, the siren straining to keep it together. This was the individual that she’d agreed to work under. This was the current stand in for the Mizukage, in charge of the military and the village. This was the Osada lord. Now the warnings from the prior meeting with Yasuo made sense. Words found themselves stuck in Alwen’s throat, and while she was sure she could force words out, instead, she physically shook her head. She couldn’t allow herself to be weak of mind. It’d be a poor display to do so. Just like the man before her, Alwen paused, albeit instead of in brooding, it was in calm, gathering thoughts. While not determined, she began speaking, making sure to say her words thoughtfully, and with meaning. “Lord Mizukage. I am sure you’re already aware of who I am, yet out of respect and for the sake of clarity, I will say regardless. My name is Alwen. I’m a genin that lives with my mother near the outskirts of the village, and after a meeting with Masa Yasuo, with your permission, I believe I might become a new employee of yours. If you believe me wrong of the um…” she paused, stumbling on her words simply for a moment from the sheer density of the atmosphere, before resuming “latter! That’s the word! Latter statement, please correct me. So, yeah. Now that I’ve, you know, um, said who I am, I guess that can lead on to the main reason for my arranging of this meeting?” the rather fragile façade of bravery was clearly broken at this as her lack of sureness found itself revealed in her lack of confidence. The genin was still growing, yet, before her was someone that was used to the thrill of the kill, perhaps literally bathing in blood. The power difference was unnerving in her perspective.

Gulping slightly, Alwen continued. “I requested this meeting, primarily, because I, well, believe it could be good to, you know, get to meet my employer. I was informed by Yasuo that I could perform the role of gardener, so, I guess the first thing I would like to know from you first hand is, um, are there any particular types of flowers or plants you would like grown? I’m not really a botanist, but, well, I’m sure I could find things.” She nodded, deciding the best bet might be looking around. It was a lot easier to do something like that than, say, becoming a good plant person. She was a fish and water person, not a plant person. Now she paused, simply listening to whatever he spoke. She was nervous, feeling quite out of her depth here. This meeting, to her, could take a while. Not literally, but it would feel so.

658 + 824 = 1482

4Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Empty Re: Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:59 am

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero would watch her quietly. His expression never changing. Those eyes did not blink a single time and yet his eyes did not seem to strain. He was studying her. Evaluating her and sizing her up for his own knowledge. She was an individual interacting with him and so he took it upon himself to memorize every detail. His eyes settling on her horns for but a moment before back to her eyes. How fitting a horned girl would be hired to his estate. Those who claimed demons roamed the island could say they had actually seen one. Unlike Yasuo and himself though his senses didn't detect any aura of hostility. This before him was what could be a normal shinobi by community standards. One could hardly tell for sure but he doubted the girl hunted mankind for sport. That Yasuo considered her worthy of the estates outside was of interest to him. What made her unique in such a regard? Was there a hidden side to her not noticeable on entering. He would breath in through his nostrils to smell her. Blood? Perhaps. It was a faint thing. He would shift in his seat as she found her voice. Listening as she spoke and continuing to measure her.

He would listen as she introduced herself. Describing her living arrangements and her rank. Another genin come to his doorway. A part of him wondered if this one would flee as most the others had. His entire squad no where to be found. He had heard rumors that they had been consumed by him and yet what were rumors if not laced with truth? In a way Sero had consumed something from anyone who had interacted with him for more than a few moments. He had taken from them an innocence not easily lost. Through him the darkest corners of Kiri were hidden and to reach out and touch that darkness was to be forever changed. He was the cleaner, the jury and the executioner. He was an ANBU, A hunter nin and an Osada. Normally he kept outside of the village itself and remained busy with the things that stirred in the mist. Things he contended with on a regular. For him life was war and yet another genin was at his door. He would let her finish speaking before his hand would settle on the desk between them and his claw would tap on the wood there. Almost echoing in the tiny room where not even a clock ticked. Through the deafening silence all that could be heard was Alwens breath and to Sero, her heartbeat. He listened to it for but a moment before speaking in a slow and cold tone.

"I have little interest in appearances. However the Manor is in need of something in order for my position to appear appropriate as head of my clan. I suggest finding something easy to replant and regrow as we come under siege often."

He would watch her for a reaction before his eyes were drawn to the fireplace. It was out...no... it had never been lit. He couldn't feel the cold so he didn't notice it but an island like Kiri in the winter, the place was cold in the summer. It was likely just above the temperature to see ones breath. Perhaps that was what made her uncomfortable. Perhaps she was not scared but simply cold. He should do something to settle her. With a glance he would lift his right hand in a slight twitching jerk as red chakra would flutter out like little red fireflies buzzing in a small cloud until they reached the fire place. Upon making contact with the wood with the first spark though it would erupt to life as the fire burst forth with an appearance like unto a wolf snarling and then it was gone. The fire place crackling as the fire burned and brought more light to the room. He would continue as now she would likely be warm.

"Tell me, Alwen. How many have you taken the lives from? Has blood stained your hands yet?"

5Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Empty Re: Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:03 pm

Alwen Sangotatsu

Alwen Sangotatsu

D-rank
There was another silence, the cool air of Kiri’s winter biting at her skin. Alwen found herself supressing a shiver as the man before her kept his gaze fixed. The man’s black nails began tapping on the desk, the first breakage in the silence that followed her introduction. As one could imagine, the feelings she had persisted, the concept of feeling underwhelming compared to such a menacing presence. As she embraced the sound of her own breath, alone in the deathly silent, something equally as deathly broke the silence even further; Sero began to speak. His voice was as cold as it had been prior. Still, Alwen made note of what was said, looking up as she began writing with her finger on the palm of her hand – a strategy she devised to help herself concentrate. He didn’t care much for appearance, just easy to grow plants. That’d be easy to find out, and perhaps the girl should take a trip to Sunagakure for this; it was renowned for its herbs and plants after all.

It was then that silence filled the room once more, the cold hands of the unpleasant aura wrapped tightly around her neck and threatening to squeeze the air from her lips. It seems, perhaps, the man at the desk took note of this, the amber eyes of Alwen watching as he glanced sideways, flicking his wrist ever so slightly, and igniting the nearby fireplace. The fire itself, at first, was quite unnerving, but, at this point, it wasn’t something Alwen would be surprised by, nor startled by it. The room now more lit, Alwen gazed at it for a moment, before turning back to face him once more, shadow stretching across the floor from the new source of light. It was the next thing that the stand in Mizukage said that caused a brief hesitation in her to return.

Death. Alwen was somewhat familiar with the creature that preyed upon both strong and weak alike. That showed the fragile no mercy, and made fools of the strong. Her family was torn apart by a single death; an end of a life, affecting those still living. So, the question was, to her, perhaps as personal as asking about one’s family. Her eye twitched a moment, before the girl sighed, allowing her emotions to be cast aside for the moment, to deal with it later likely in the form of a panic attack. “I was partnered with Masa Yasuo on a mission to eliminate a group of smugglers. While Yasuo eliminated the majority, I personally slit the throats of three of them.” She held up her right hand, as if gesturing needlessly which hand she used. “So, yes, Lord Sero. I have killed. I am also aware that one day, I will be killed. But…” her eyes went dull for a moment, empty, the amber that is usually so prominent faded, as if defeated by a grim memory that clung to her like a disease. “I guess I’ll hit that road when it happens, and hope I can serve the village well before I go. I am a shinobi after all.” She sighed once more. Being serious was… A strain to her. And with a topic so dark, it sent shivers down her spine despite the warmth of the flames that licked at her skin now. Alwen wasn’t a fan of killing, although she could do it if required. Yet these questions posed by the man before her let her know in an instant the kind of person he was. The sort of jobs she would be expected to do.

Deciding to try lighten the mood for her own sake, the girl shrugged suddenly. “I hope that answer suffices, Mizukage. If you do not mind me asking, are there any notable enemies of the manor that I would do well to avoid, or notify you of?” since this was clearly the tone of the meeting, the girl decided to at least clear up anything she didn’t already know about the manor. Yasuo had explained a fair bit, but, well, it never hurt to learn more. So, the slightly less tense Alwen waited for a reply. Although, realistically, she would go home and panic or something. Being serious sucked.

711 + 1482 = 2193

6Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Empty Re: Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:42 pm

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero would lean back in his seat and allow his back to press against the stiff support of the chair. His faded grey eyes staring at her for the moment as she would seem to appreciate the fire a little. However with the light it provided one could see more clearly now in the office. It wasn't the Mizukage's office because he hadn't cared to disturb whatever she had organized within it. He had taken an assistants office for the time he would be presiding. Within was a fireplace with stone around it and a carpeted floor. Simple white carpet for a simple office. It had no plants and only one filing cabinet to the right side of the only desk within it. Barren was the term many would use. However barren as it may be of furniture and pictures it was not empty. With the added light it would be noticeable now that in every corner was a web with a spider settled into it. Black wolf spiders sat in their nests watching everything that entered the office. Hardly moving and yet Alwen could easily feel their eyes on her. Watching her even as Sero did. Silent and nearly unmoving.

Still he would tilt his head and a single grey eyebrow would raise at her words. Most shinobi didn't have the willingness to realize they would die in battle or be assassinated. Shinobi were not known for extensive lives with grandchildren in their arms. For her to acknowledge this simply gave her points in Sero's mind. Certainly not a fool even if he made her uncomfortable. Than again being uncomfortable in front of Sero was a sensible thing. Yasuo being the exception he found those without fear of him were foolish. If Sanosuke and Ayakashi could both recognize him as something they might have to cut down to save themselves anyone else hardly registered to him. Genin putting on tough faces if only for pride. He could see why Yasuo had chosen this girl now. She was smart and collected. Good senses and a desire to serve. A more innocent version of himself. He would happily welcome her to the island. Still her next question made him smile just a little. Notable enemies of the manor...He supposed one or two stood out. He would lift his hand with the palm facing up as the shadows cast by the fire would shift. Lifting from their position like tendrils reaching up until the focused and gathered within his palm.

"I have been the shadow of this nation my entire life. I have eliminated threat after threat until now, I have become the threat to those who would endanger our country. For those who wish to be great in their criminal life I must be a goal. Something to be removed. If I am not they shall never spend a waking moment paranoid that I am coming for them. However there are two groups you should actively avoid. At least for the time being. The first..."

He would shift his fingers as if molding the darkness in his palm before it took on the shape of a spider slowly morphing into a man before it grew extra arms and thumped its chest. "The first is a new species brought on by my continuous presence I fear. Very large wolf spiders that can transform into a human form. They are strong and bred from interaction with my chakra. Should one enter the grounds notify Yasuo or myself quickly. They wish to struggle for the alpha predator position on the island. It is why we have no bridge and a manned ferry as the only way off the island."

Again his hand would shift and this time a hooded man stood in his palm wearing long robes and a horned mask. If not for the build of the creation it could of easily been a woman. It stood there in his palm before it would draw a blade from the sleeve of his cloak and then fade away like a wisp of smoke. Sero continuing to speak again. "The second is a group of cultists which have begun to infiltrate my island. They are dedicated to taking control of the situation. No one requires you to engage either party but if you choose to, study your opponent and strike when it best suits you. With that said, did you come here simply to speak of flowers? Death is a part of the island but you must have a reason for joining us."

7Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Empty Re: Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:43 pm

Alwen Sangotatsu

Alwen Sangotatsu

D-rank
The girl felt the mood become less tense, although she still felt far from at ease. The room now lit properly, her eyes gazed around quickly, taking in each detail; it was clear this wasn’t usually the room of the Mizukage, and the girl shuddered slightly at the spiders nest in the corner. Her eyes scanned the corners curiously; the spiders all looked to be the same type, and the nests positioned specifically. Although, the webs did compliment the barren feeling of the office quite well. The curious expression of the man seemed quite out of place, perhaps the girl had answered not quite as he had expected? Still, after yet another of what has become a regular occurrence with pauses, the man spoke once more. He referred to himself as the shadow of Kirigakure, and Alwen wouldn’t have much trouble believing it given the general feeling in the atmosphere. She felt cold just from entering the room, and despite the calmness of the man, still couldn’t quite get to ease.

Then, hand held towards the fire, palm turned upwards, a figure began forming out of dark shapes and shadows on his hand. A spider, yet not at the same time, as it began shifting into a more humanoid shape. As he described the first foe, Alwen physically shuddered. Giant spiders. Why was it always giant spiders? It was just like when she visited the manor to meet with Yasuo, a spider climbing up a table to steal a sandwich. But seriously, why was it always spiders? They were like crabs. But land based. And venomous. And without claws. And hairy. And with different eyes. But still, they were like crabs, the least pleasant animal in the sea!

The next one shown in his hand was a cloaked and robed figure, features unseen, almost androgynous to Alwen. Yet it appeared to quickly brandish a weapon, before fading away in the Osada’s hand. Cultists? It didn’t sound particularly pleasant, and Alwen made note of what Sero said the same way she had done before; writing it against her hand. His wording, study her opponent, caused thoughts to go through the sea witches mind. She realised then, she didn’t often analyse her opponent in a fight. She never tried to use information as a weapon. The girl wrote that down as well, listening as the man posed his next question.

The reason she was here. Alwen thought on that question for a moment, deciding to first explain why she joined the manor, and then properly explain her thought process on this. While silly, she could be serious after all. “Firstly, it was requested of me to join the manor by Yasuo. Admittedly, I was unsure at first, due to a lack of information regarding the location or job. But it was something they said. That the manor is for the good of the whole of Kirigakure, and while viewed with stigma by some, works for the better of the village. The village of the mist is my home. I’ve spent my entire life here, and all the memories I’ve had have been here. For that reason, I don’t care if I’m associated with something people perceive negatively, nor do I care if joining gives me enemies. It is my dream to be the best sword or shield for Kirigakure, whichever is needed. That’s what matters to me. Not whether or not I’m seen pleasantly or not.” She paused for a moment, sighing before out of nowhere, grinning. “So, that’s why I joined! As for the meeting, well, as I stated when I arrived, I wished to meet with you so I know who I would be serving under. That way I can get a better understanding of things, and hopefully let you know a bit more about me as needed.” Her grin faded slowly as she sighed slightly, speaking once more. “But, well, that wasn’t the only reason. I’ve been training, as a genin should. I’ve fought my fellow genin, I’ve completed missions, and I’ve killed for the mist. I am aware that traditionally, there are the exams for this, but… I would like to request permission to become a Chuunin. Yasuo can vouch for how I performed on missions, which, I would like to think I did okay at. If you believe I am not ready, I understand, and will simply work harder to amend my weaknesses. So yeah. Those are my two reasons for arranging this meeting, Mizukage. I hope that is okay.” She bowed her head respectfully upon finishing her request.

762 + 2193 = 2955

8Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Empty Re: Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:16 am

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero would Let the shadows fade from his hand and settle said hand upon the desk. The spiders were not much of an issue as they kept to the outer fringe of the island for now. A clan born of his own chakra. Anything of that sort had a dark side to it and so it was that they were considered enemies until proven otherwise. The deal for achieving his sage mode as a spider sage had removed a side of him that would of given them the benefit of the doubt. His chakra tainted from the pure energy he was born with into some twisted oily substance. Even his sage mode was different. Other sage modes pulled from the pure energy of nature. However there was another side of nature he pulled from. Rot and decay were as much a part of the world as the beautiful things. The eye overlooked them simply because it was unpleasant to acknowledge. Sero had taken another path. He pulled from that dark energy and it fueled him just as much as well as tainting all around him. Death was a part of the cycle of life and so he would follow the one thing no one could escape. It was his path and his truth.

That said the cloaked figures were more of an immediate problem. Unlike the bandits, the pirates and the rogue military factions the cultists were more driven. Unlike the others who attacked the island in hopes of eliminating the thing that haunted them, the cultists were actually seeking to capture and sacrifice Sero. There was no option for them to simply flee and pray. For their goals he had to be captured. He was waiting for them to attempt to capture hostages since that was the next logical step. Even though Alwen didn't mind the idea of having to fight for the island as it benefited Kiri in the background. She would serve him because in doing so she could become him. Perhaps surpass him. Truth be told he was impressed with the aspirations of the young lady. He hoped she could survive his war zone. With that said when he accepted her as his employee he would also accept her as a student. The art of war was difficult to learn but the more brutal and observant the combatant the more likely the opponent would think twice about engaging.

Still her employment was already accepted. If she had been chosen by Yasuo he would not argue it unless he witnessed something against his preferences. She could kill, she would accept the burden of hate. And lastly she would grow into something of use to the village. Sword or shield it didn't matter. However the thought of rank up, An interesting proposal. His hand would shift on the desk. His finger drawing on the air just above the wood so as not to burn it as flames began to form a seal. Once the seal was made he would place his finger in the center of it and turn it. The seal would turn and click like a lock turning over before he would reach within the seal. His arm disappearing into the seal up to the elbow before he pulled out her file. The seal remaining open as he opened the file with her name on it. Things he had access to as a hunter nin captain. He would speak as he reviewed the folder though his eyes would continue to scan the folder instead of looking at her.

"Another shinobi in the household with medical training...interesting. Ninjutsu is your primary focus though. Be so kind as to demonstrate your strongest jutsu for me. Do not fret over hurting me."

9Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Empty Re: Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:22 am

Alwen Sangotatsu

Alwen Sangotatsu

D-rank
The Osada formed a seal, and from within that seal, pulled out something that appeared to be a document. Whatever the document was, it had taken the man’s interest entirely, his focus not on her. It was what he stated next that made her realise what it was he was looking at; her file. Still, it was a relief to the girl that her request for a promotion wasn’t instantly denied. Then the man requested her to display her strongest jutsu. With a sigh, Alwen nodded, before deciding to explain something first. “A couple points before I begin. While I have minor medical knowledge, I’m afraid I am rather… Poor at the craft. I can do a basic medical technique at most. And, well, secondly… I don’t really have any singularly strong jutsu! I use primarily average jutsu together, so, I’ll show you what I can do I guess!” she exclaimed, not wasting another moment of explanation and instead begin by forming quick hand seals. Water splashed out of the air next to her, shifting and swirling before forming into a humanoid shape, taking form and colour of Alwen – the water clone.

Yet she didn’t stop her hand seals there, continuing to make more hand signs and sequences as the clone just kind of stood there and shrugged. Sparks began flickering around the body of the genin, before splitting off and hovering behind her in the form of three javelin-like shapes of pure Raiton around her – specifically one above her, and one above each shoulder. Shortly after being formed, the clone began exhaling a red mist, covering the room, Alwen continuing to make even more hand seals. As she finished her last hand seals, the red mist now covering the room and feeling rather… Tiring. The sound of rain began to also enter the room, akin to the increasing downpour outside the building. Of course, Sero could see through this mist; it was only a slight tweak of the hidden mist technique after all. So, what would happen next is simple. Two of the Raiton spears shot out from the girl, leaving only the one on her left shoulder, as they slammed into the clone, destroying the already collapsing clone, water splashing to the floor. It was cluttered, but, this was how Alwen did things. She hadn’t exactly mastered the whole concept of holding back on her chakra usage.

But regardless, her amber eyes looked towards the man seated through the red mist, the water of the collapsed clone rising and, much slower than everything that had just happened, moved towards the flame that Sero had lit before. Still her amber eyes looked at the stand in Mizukage, not shifting focus once as the water made its way to the fireplace, slithering and moving as if alive. With a flick of her wrist, the girl splashed the water on the fire, extinguishing the light source and allowing the red mist to take up the room. She bowed towards the man, speaking quietly. “I hope that’s enough of a display…” she muttered, a bit tired from how much chakra she had expended at once. The girl knew it was likely not what the man wanted, yet she also knew her jutsu weren’t the strongest in the world. It wasn’t a long period of time, most of the time spent in the brief few seconds it took for her to make the seals. Now she just had to wait for either the good news, or the bad news. She hoped for good news, but expected bad news. She wasn’t the strongest ninja in the world after all.

605 + 2955 = 3560

Chakra: 70/150 (-70 chakra. Chakra breakdown will be in spoiler, because I just overused and a half)

Chakra breakdown:

10Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Empty Re: Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:16 pm

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero would watch her with his eyes now almost silver with a focus that would make most feel like their soul were on trial. None who knew Sero thought of him as a common shinobi. A shinigami in their ranks. This village was were he made his stand. This is where he fought. This is where they died. The forces he contended with meant little to him as all he met he measured and ranked. Worthy or unworthy they stood before him as this girl now did. Kiri was worthy of his hand. Ayakashi worthy of his loyalty. His enemies were merely worthy of the edge of his blade. However as of late the work load had been increasing. The world stirred and with it brought havoc. With the chaos brought many a fighter looking to stake a claim. To make noise and have their name known. He would handle the mighty but there were those who needed attention at a slower point. He needed soldiers for his war. So it was that he had Yasuo, first hand of his army of shinigami, finding those with promise. The horned girl before him was not there by chance. She had promise in her soul and mind. He just needed to witness it.

He would watch her as she would form hand signs before water would emerge from her form and peel away before swirling to life and turning to flesh in a swirling moment. A water clone was usually of interest in a combination technique. He would watch as it would let out a breath. Almost blood like air emerging from its lips before the room would dim and the darkness would begin to set in. His eyes narrowed into focus before he began to see it was a variation of the hidden mist technique. If not for his level it would have blinded him significantly. He smiled as she controlled the area. A slight pitter patter around him was an interesting addition. Rain? No there would be nothing like that so suddenly. He watched as she launched two of her javelins into her own clone and noticed the precision. A sensory? Far more intelligent than the average genin who moved blindly in their own mist. However she didn't appear to be done. His eyes would shift to motion in the corner of his eye. She would control the water of her fallen clone and smother the fire. Interesting.

Sero would take a breath in and exhale calmly. However as he did so he would exhale out ten small spheres of fire. All ten hovering in front of him for a moment before he would finish exhaling and suddenly all ten would burst to the size of a mans head. Five of them would sizzle out before they could even be used as the mist began to thin before the other five would launch into the fireplace and relight the fire. The mist peeling away and fading as Sero would speak once again.

"Most choose to simply overpower their enemies. They die young since everyone eventually finds someone stronger. A tactical mind can help you overcome such an adversity. Control and timing are important. I see that in your combination. You will have my recommendation sent out to the Mizukage by the end of the day. As for my employment of you, Report the manor in the morning. You have been battle tested, but I will personally hone you." He would take her file and make a note in it before slipping it back into the seal and closing it with a twist of his finger. His silver eyes looking back to her. Dead as the grave they seemed to suggest she had signed away her soul. "Was there something else?"

285/300 chakra:

11Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Empty Re: Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:23 pm

Alwen Sangotatsu

Alwen Sangotatsu

D-rank
Light flickered from the Osada’s lips, and the Sangotatsu’s amber eyes watched as flames licked their way out of his mouth and into the air, thinning the mist quite swiftly, while also reigniting the recently doused flames. The red in the air faded, and with it, so too did the rain, growing increasingly lighter as the mist dissolved before eventually just fading completely. The air returning to what it was before, Alwen listened intently as he began to speak. Relief spread through her as the man declared that he would recommend her to the Mizukage, quite swiftly from the sounds of it. The idea that someone as powerful as the no-tailed beast, Ayakashi herself, promoting the girl through recommendation? It filled the girl with pride, and all fatigue seemed to wash away for the moment. As he announced the requirement for her being at the manor in the morning, she nodded slowly, watching as he did something with the file before returning it. She stood there in the brief silence for a moment, embracing the dread, yet also the relief and pride.

When Sero inquired as to whether there was something else, Alwen hummed for a moment, thinking. There wasn’t really anything she could think of that would be further relevant to the meeting, shaking her head slowly. “I can’t think of anything else to talk about in this meeting. Unless anything more is needed, I think I will take my leave and get ready for tomorrow. Thank you very kindly for meeting with me, as well as for your recommendation.” She paused for a moment, before shrugging. “I won’t promise to not let you down. I’m learning. I’ll just promise to try not to.” With a bow, she nodded towards the stand in Mizukage. If the man approved of her dismissal from the meeting, she would turn, open the door, and return to the flickering hallway. Wooden footwear clacking against the floor, she would shut the door behind her, before once more descending down the stairway, signing out of the administration building with the same dismal person from before, and then exiting out of the front door, the rain more intense than it had been prior. Now allowing the rain to hit her, hair quickly growing heavy with the weight of the water, the girl sighed, smiled, before flickering, disappearing in an instant. No doubt, to home she went. Whether to cheer and celebrate, or panic and cry, was a mystery. Or perhaps to meditate with the fish. Anything could have happened.

Of course, this was all assuming she was dismissed. If not, she would remain in the meeting, listening to anything the man had to say or tell her, and then departing to get on with things. Regardless, the end result was the same; the meeting was drawing to its close, and Alwen had mixed feelings. The normally strange and happy girl was… Flat. Confused. Unsure of her own emotions. Glad to let the day be over. Glad to go home after a good meeting, at least in her mind.

512 + 3560 = 4072

[EXIT]

Chakra: 60/150 (-10 for Body Flicker)

Jutsu used:

Training:

12Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Empty Re: Formalities (Sero/ Private/ No-Kill) Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:33 pm

Sero

Sero

S-rank
He finished sealing away the document and the seal would unravel in reverse of how it had built before it too was gone. Not a hint of its fires on the desk. His grey eyes would focus on her for a moment before he would watch her leave. A promise on the air to attempt not to let him down. So long as she breathed and trained she would prosper. She was yet to understand the harsh training coming her way but in time she would know. He would rise from his seat as the door closed. His hand shifting with a flick of his wrist before he began to fade away. His body turning to black mist and seeping out the window. A dark mist moving to the roof of the building before fading back into being. Shadow walking was a common enough skill even among genin but he used it to move around barriers with ease. Becoming one with the shadow and moving through the smallest of cracks. Only an air tight safe room could prevent him immediate entry. As of yet he had not witnessed such a thing. So sure were people behind closed doors and armed guards.

That was irrelevant though for the time being. Instead he would hold out his hand to the doorway leading to the roof. A single web would shoot out and attach to his finger tips before suddenly a black blur would flash to his hand pulling itself to him rapidly. Settling on his hand a large spider about the size of a puppy would look up to him. Eager eyes watching as its two pincers twitched. Its hind legs would bend and its front legs would flatten as it would bow to him. A whisper on the wind was barely audible but Sero heard it clearly as the spider spoke. A servant of his and his preferred form of messenger. Faster than a shinobi or bird and less noticeable as the breed was exceptional at hiding itself. A spider could place itself on a target without ever being noticed.  Still he would speak to it. His cold voice matching the temperature.

"Namida, I assume you listened to the last meeting. I require your services again. Go forth and find Ayakashi in the land of lightning to the north. You know her chakra. Tell her the village is well and deliver my recommendations for the newest set of chunnin. Be sure to include Alwen within that list. Go now in the night."

With that the spider named Namida would launch from his fingers to do his bidding without a question. Fading into the darkness quickly. His eyes followed it for a time before he turned and stepped. Each step taking him from roof to roof like he was simply teleporting to it though he was simply moving in rapid bursts. He needed to head home to rest and prepare. He was unsure for the moment which weapon he would need to train the girl with. However he knew he would teach her what she needed. He already had the stage set for students that had fled him. That aside it would be good for Yasuo to have company. Sero was a poor example of a good master as he couldn't appreciate much. The improved condition of his manor was simply for appearances and Yasuo's doing mostly. Alwen would play their part as well he was sure. Still the idea of his own promotion loomed in his thoughts again. He was close to his goals. All he needed was to speak to Ayakashi of it.

Exit thread
4198/9000 Bukijutsu S - SS

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.