You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP Empty Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:39 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
Symbol:
Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP Helgha10

Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP FAHfQ33
Clan Name: Kanetsu
Specialization: Ninjutsu
Elements: Doton || Katon

Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP HhU72Pp
Clan History: The Kanetsu Clan was one of, if not the most feared clan in the entire northwest part of the shinobi world, dominating most of the Land of Earth with their feared techniques that turned the land around them into an extension of their will, just like how their counterparts the Yuki dominated the eastern seaboard. They were lavamancers, individuals who were gifted with the natural ability to generate and manipulate lava and protoplasmic ash, though many users have been able to enhance their control and specialty of lava at young ages to more than just the basic lava manipulation the Kanetsu are normally known for.

Although it is mostly undocumented, the Kanetsu and the Yuki have warred for ages, creating something of an unbalance between the two clans, with a rivalry that still holds in the most traditional of clan members who hold on the centuries-old grudges that go far back beyond the time of the hidden villages, from when clans were still moving about and nomadic, travelling and finding jobs with no true one place of living. It was during this olden period where the Kanetsu and Aisu clashed many times, with their Kekkei Genkai sharing a relationship one can only call interesting, with both being superior to each other under different conditions. However, it was ultimately that the Kanetsu would find a home in the Land of Earth, after decades or even centuries of travelling as a clan.

Some people say that the Earth Country used to be a beautiful place with grass and trees, just like an extension of the Land of Fire, but the Kanetsu's practice of their clan kekkei genkai with fervor destroyed the land permanently, ending most natural life in the area, although the remnants of their lava does provide a good source of nutrients for plants to grow in some remote parts of Earth Country where the conditions were just right, leaving the Land of Earth the barren place that most people associate with it as it is stands in this modern age.

When Iwagakure was founded on one of the harshest terrains even in the Land of Earth, the Kanetsu were one of the few core members of the clan, just like how the Senju and Uchiha were the core members of Konohagakure. They were one of the most important, along with for example the Yamada and the Yuryo, the wielders of Crystal and Dust Release, the three advanced natures that make Iwagakure a truly feared place to tread, in those olden times up till the present, where the land remains unconquered.

Members:

• Kanetsu, Satoshi
  • Kanetsu, Raishimaru
  • Kanetsu, Kazu
  • Ella, Cinder
  • Kanetsu, Shigeki
  • Mao, Anri

Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP Y4syLuV
Kekkei Genkai Name: Lava Release (熔遁 ~ Yōton)
Kekkei Genkai Description: Yōton is a combined nature transformation kekkei genkai made up of techniques that mix fire and earth-based chakra to create volcanic materials such as lava and vulcanised rubber in different properties and usages, ultimately making it an element that is feared far and wide for its versatility.

Training
Yōton counts as a Kanetsu’s Tertiary Element; it ranks up automatically to the lowest rank of its parent elements. So, if a member’s Katon is trained to A-rank, and their Doton is trained to C-rank, their Yōton will automatically be C-rank. In this manner, Yōton can be SS-rank.

Manifestations

Molten Rock:

Quicklime:

Vulcanised Rubber:

Melting Flames:

When creating a Kanetsu shinobi, one must specify which of the forms of Yōton they wish to start with on the Element section of the character app. Moreover, this chosen form, must be specified at the top of Jutsu Registration threads in their appropriate order so that the Jutsu moderators are aware.

When apping Yōton jutsu in general, users should put both Yōton and its form under the Element section of the jutsu creation template.

Example:

Yōton has a very curious dynamic with Hyōuton, the Kekkei Genkai of the Kanetsu's rival clan, the Yuki. Usually, based on parent elements interaction, Yōton would be +1 rank in effectiveness against Hyouton (because Doton>Suiton, whilst KatonFuuton). However, the Hyōuton kekkei genkai is actually effective against heat and Katon sources. But, as a result of the insulating Doton protecting the hot inner core of magma, Hyouton and Yōton interact as neutral. Moreover when they clash, large volumes of thick steam is generated.

Due to a Kanetsu’s naturally hot bodies, burns are less effective against them. This reduces the effectiveness of heat-based techniques by -1 rank and degree of burning.

Drawbacks:

• Kanetsu clan members begin with their primary and secondary elements at C-rank, and their Lava release is automatically equal to the lowest rank of their two parent elements.

• Kanetsu clan members cannot take the Hesitant (Element) SC, and must take the Hesitant (Spec) SC, though they can balance it with a positive.

• In cold/moist environments like Yukigakure or Kirigakure, the Kanetsu clan members must keep their body temperature high by reserving a part of their chakra pool. This means their pool is reduced by 20 chakra while in these environments, (Ie. if the user has 100 chakra they'd have 80 chakra in Kirigakure)

• Due to the naturally hot bodies of the Kanetsu, any cold tissue damage is increased in one rank by severity. As such, Kanetsu clan members receive greater degrees of damage in frost burn damage from Hyōton, i.e. minor first degree burns are now major first degree burns. Water does not get this bonus as it is not strong enough to cool the Kanetsu's body to the point where it hurts, unlike the much more superior Hyōton.

*Credit to Strafe for the original, and Cinderella for an attempted revamp

Last edited by Raishi Kanetsu on Mon May 08, 2017 5:56 am; edited 4 times in total

2Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP Empty Re: Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:30 pm

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Passing this over to Jean / Bokuden, as he oversees canon things.

3Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP Empty Re: Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:09 am

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
Okay, no problem.

4Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP Empty Re: Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:36 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
still waiting

5Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP Empty Re: Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Sol

Sol

D-rank
Each person possesses one specific variation of the Kekkei Genkai, and no others; this was even the case for a Tailed Beast like Son Goku, an experienced Kumo-Jounin like Dodai, or the Fourth Tsuchikage, Kurotsuchi. There is no evidence of any Lava Release user making use of more than one type of Lava Release. Likewise, no user on Saga has ever made prominent and extensive in-character use of more than one type of Lava Release, so there should not be any issues with perceived precedent.

Quicklime is, by its nature, required to form contact with water to turn into cement; even the canon reflects this.

Given that most of the earth's crust is igneous rock, I'm not sure how using this element somehow makes rocks you create special in some way. "Volcanic Rock > Doton of equal rank" tells me nothing except this is somehow a direct increase in potency, of which nothing of any substance is actually said.  In combination with the rest of this paragraph, this isn't even canon, so please remove it.

Ash is part of Katon innately, via the Haijingakure no Jutsu and Haisekishou.

-

I need more thorough explanations for your elemental interactions. For example, why does Water not smother ash or dust-based quicklime? Can you explain how magma is insulated against Raiton? (I know that molten iron, for example, loses any magnetic field it had while solid, but I'm unfamiliar with its electrical conductivity.)

As an overall note, each application of the element should have as many interaction strengths as it does weaknesses. Lava/Magma, for example, is good against 2 elements, and it's vague if it's actually 3; it has only 1 weakness, though. Though I recommend its removal, as an example Volcanic Ash has no strengths whatsoever, and 1 weakness. This is simply a reminder to balance each type of Lava Release in relation to the others.

6Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP Empty Re: Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:32 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
1. I understand, but I'd made it like that for the sake of those of the clan (most of the Kanetsu) who have more than one manifestation of Yoton in their arsenals. Would this revamp mean that they would have to change those techniques to fit their chosen path???

2. Okay, going to change this.

3. Fair enough, but I was thinking that the Kanetsu could pick their preferred volcanic rock and specify its effects for themselves?

4. Haisekishou is actually gun powder, not ash but I see what you mean with Haijingakure no Jutsu. Couldn't Volcanic Ash just be a glorified version of the usual ash in Katon? So higher temperature damage, more dense etc.

5. True I need to be more specific. Do you reckon I should also detail interactions between the manifestations themselves?

7Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP Empty Re: Kanetsu Clan [Revamp] WIP Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:22 am

Sol

Sol

D-rank
For the sake of conforming to canon, that is correct. If I recall, most if not all Lava users only have the canon Rubber Defense as a non-Magma jutsu anyhow. I can't even think of a person that has a Quicklime jutsu or a Rubber jutsu other than the old clan's given one.

For both Volcanic Rock and Volcanic Ash, I won't consider giving straight buffs to this element's effectiveness without you telling me the boundaries within they must operate. Vague increases to power are not my thing, especially for a groundwork such as a clan.

First you must present me with an argument for why Ash and Volcanic Rock have to exist, of course, as my task is to the shape the clans as much towards the canon as I can. The same goes for having more than one type of Lava Release. No one ever used more than one type, even at the highest proficiency levels.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.