You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Alwen Sangotatsu

Alwen Sangotatsu

D-rank
The lake. A landmark known by the locals of Mizu No Kuni for several reasons. Rumours surrounding it. Stories, myths, and legends regarding the absurd cold of the temperature, and the great shinobi that perhaps once trained there. The great lake is still used as a training ground by many to this day, with things ranging from spars to basic exercises all seeing life at the expanse of cold water. Covered in mist as it always was, the surrounding environment was quiet, almost barren. As if all life around the lake were frozen in time, unsure of when it could move. When it could break the silence. Perhaps someone with sharp eyes, intensely focused on finding all life in the area, could spot a few deer breaking through the trees that dotted around the shoreline, their small, black dots of eyes gazing around. Prey animal such as deer were prone to be on full alert, often startled at nothing. This group of deer was no exception as, just as suddenly as they arrived, the deer fled, the silence breaking at the echoing sound of the branches snapping.

Sitting, legs crossed rather peacefully, a lone girl in odd attire mediated, content with herself. The odd attire in question was vibrant, its bright colours only being toned down by the thick mist. Her top was a bright cerulean blue, a short sleeve covering her left shoulder and part of her bicep. Meanwhile her right arm was covered with a long, silken, purple sleeve, one that did nothing to hide the skin underneath, merely give of a purple tint. On her right shoulder, wrapped around it like a shoulder pad, a Kirigakure forehead protector resides, almost as if it were securing the sleeve in place. Her leg wear was similarly odd, strong purple tights being covered by a cerulean blue skirt. On her feet were thick, heavy looking combat boots, a dark grey, strange in comparison to the appearance of the rest of her attire. Long black hair hangs loosely around her, assorted highlights scattered throughout randomly, only coherent in the form of two blocks of colour, purple and blue, in her fringe. Her face stares out into the mist of the lake, amber eyes scanning it as if for some kind of sign. Her body was lightly shivering, albeit not much, likely due to the cold of the air. But most odd of all about this person, was what lie atop her head. Two small, nubby little horns, dim and dark compared to the rest of her, but proven real by the small ridges that scattered about it. This odd girl was Alwen Sangotatsu, and on this day, she was waiting at the Lake of Mizu no Kuni. Waiting for what, she didn’t know. But as she lightly exhaled, mist forming with her breath from the sheer cold of the air, one thing was for certain. She should have come wearing her winter clothes. Those would have been fluffier, and more comfortable.

Burittsu

Burittsu

D-rank
Finding himself along the path towards the lake where he enjoyed his long silent walks it was obvious the male once more returned to his ways of solitude having being missing and in the shadows for the past years he matured into a more respectable shinobi. His anger was a bit controlled but flared with a passion as he continued down the path with a smirk upon his face he only chuckled a little bit thinking about the lake and how his friendship with his first actual friend started. As the sun shined down upon him from underneath the shade of the trees the male sported his usual attire of no shirt, a black scarf around his neck and head, and his parachute pants sporting sandals upon his feet. His blue hair quickly matched that of his eyes it had been a long time indeed since he returned to the lake he only wanted to feel the natural air once more as his personality itself took a turn for the better. As he continued on his path he only recalled how much fun it was that he had an actual friend to be there for him even in his darkest hour.

“Genbu..where have you gone..?”

As he found himself down the path of memory lane he came to a stop already surrounded by the mist of the lake the trees were gone as he was introduced to the open shore and lake. The wildlife was low as always but what caught his attention was a figure off rather close to the shore his body embraced the cold air with open arms it felt great. Looking around the area it had seem to be clear only him and this stranger were out by the lake it was surprising as it seemed the condition of the area was rather cold but this person had something rather different from other shinobi. Standing there without moving he watched deeply without moving or making a sound his eyes remained locked upon the figure with his hands in his pockets he only was reminded of the good days he had spent out here the days he was happy he made the first move and talked to Burittsu. He was indeed a shy shinobi back then didn't have many words to speak but he had hope his time in rehabilitation and isolation help clear his mind and guide him on the path that Genbu followed with his head held up high. Giving a snicker he began to make his way down to the strange one out there alone and probably cold taking the first step was nothing but a cakewalk but what would happen next would mean the start of a new chapter in the life of the two strangers. Growing closer and closer his footsteps purposely grew louder so he did not startle the unexpecting stranger this way it made it easier to avoid an unwanted fight with hands held together and a little smile upon his face he stood tall behind the figure gazing upon what seemed to be incredibly long black hair and a figure of a female.

“Well hey stranger..what brings you out here today? And aren't you cold or is that the will of a shinobi I see to endure all possible outcomes?”

WC: 553

Alwen Sangotatsu

Alwen Sangotatsu

D-rank
Breath. In. And out. It was a simple exercise. Generally good for concentration. Something Alwen needed plenty more of. Which is why she continued this exercise, weary from the biting cold of the lake and its air. But nothing could break her concentration. Not the deer moving, the water slushing, or the air freezing. She was determined. Determined and focused, and completely immovable. Surely nothing could break her concentration. Until there was the sound of footsteps. Perhaps it was the cold and solitude of the lake that caused so, but the first sound of footsteps she heard, she swivelled on the spot, turning to face the sound. Out of the mist, someone clad even stranger than her appeared. Where she would have expected to see a shirt or a jacket, instead was just skin. Either the stranger who approached her now had invisible clothes, or he was shirtless in this cold. And honestly, Alwen wasn’t sure which she would be more confused about. To make it odder, he blue hair… More blue than the highlights in her hair. Without even thinking about it, she just nonchalantly waved. What could be bad about someone with coloured hair? Colours were cool.

Well hey stranger.. What brings you out here today? And aren’t you cold or is that the will of the shinobi I see to endure all possible outcomes?” At that, she lowered her hand. This person asked more questions than she did! And she asked a lot of questions sometimes. Fully swivelling her body around, she carefully stood up, rolling her shoulders in an attempt to warm them up, an effort that ended fruitlessly. Her eyes would survey this stranger who approached from the mist. Upon closer inspection, unless it was really good invisible clothing, something she didn’t think actually existed, this man… At least, she assumed he was a man… But regardless, he was clearly shirtless. With a scarf. What’s the point of a scarf if you’re shirtless? She shook her head at the thought, not giving herself another second to question it. She looked him up and down again, specifically looking up at his head, trying to figure out details about him. Of course, she could play detective as much as she wanted, but it would in the end prove to no avail.

With a resigned sigh, unable to figure out anything, the strange girl spoke up, voice shaking from the cold. “I was just enjoooooooying the cold! What better way to wake up than to freeze your nose off, right?” she responded, posing the rhetoric of a question more to try lessen the little bit of tension she had. The darkness combined with the cold made her on edge, and honestly, she was there for a reason that anyone who knew her wouldn’t expect, so she didn’t give a completely honest answer. Not that it’d be easy to tell it wasn’t honest of course, as she was kind of telling the truth. She did actual believe that being cold helped to wake up. Why else would people be crazy enough to have cold showers? Silly questions in her head aside, as she waited for the stranger to respond, if at all, her posture became more loose, leaning to one side while her arm rests against her hip, as if she was about to give the biggest insult.

559 + 500 = 1059

Burittsu

Burittsu

D-rank
He only began to wonder how different of a shinobi she was from Genbu comparing the girl and him would be nothing but simply rude the fact that he met Genbu out here two years ago and two years later once he returned from solitude he meets this strange one. Her hair itself caught the attention of the shinobi the cold was his home as it does not even phase him the slightest bit. The look upon her face was the easiest to study as he knew what she probably was thinking of just like the rest of the shinobi’s that met him before. Looking down and up and on the female it was easy to spot out everything interesting about her from the hair to the eyes to her voice and little postures. But even he knew that she was out here for much more reasons than just to simply wake up looking around once more he simply wondered why did she have to lie to him it was a bad way to start off.

“I was just enjoooooooying the cold! What better way to wake up than to freeze your nose off, right?”

The words coming out of the mouth of this shinobi seemed funny in a way something he hasn't experienced in a long while an actual conversation it only put a grin on his face as he placed his hand upon the shoulder of the female. Removing the scarf around his neck and wrapping it around her’s his smile got bigger and bigger as he was only reminded of the kindness that was given to him the day that they met on this very shore. They very much acted the same both so outgoing and very much full of character indeed something that every shinobi needed to have it would have saved more lives in the long run. Removing his hand he could tell that indeed this was going to be an excellent shinobi one day standing tall and firm as he looked down upon her his grin went away slightly as he looked out towards the lake itself and all the memories it had for him.

“Do me a favor? Stop trying to feed me lies it’s not a good way to start off trust me I know.”

Placing his hand upon her head he simply walked out towards the lake coming to a stop right at the shore line as the water came up nearing his feet he only began to recall more and more of the past. He stood there motionless for what seemed to be minutes without moving a muscle it took time indeed as the silence of would soon be broken as he finally decided to make his choice to move on and one day find out what happen to his beloved friend where did he go or was he dead and gone leaving Burittsu on the world alone to make hardships. Clenching his fist he looked back at the female with a sharp look as he turned back around giving a wipe of his face. Giving him a new chapter to start he figured why not with her it was time for him to flip the page and move on with his life instead of sitting in the dark any longer it had been a long time indeed since he has done anything to benefit himself or anyone. His training had come to a halt gazing deeply at her taking a step or two he appeared in front of the female with his right hand extended out and a vivid smile on his face.

“My name is Burittsu Yuki. What is your’s?"

WC: 612

Alwen Sangotatsu

Alwen Sangotatsu

D-rank
It’d be a lie if Alwen said she wasn’t slightly unnerved by the stranger. He seemed… Odd. Not only from his lack of reaction to the cold, but also his general personality, or at least that which she could determine. Furthermore, at her words, he approached closer, grinning. Something that made the sea girl uncomfortable. Suddenly, he took his scarf off? Why? Before Alwen could query anything, the stranger wrapped the scarf around her neck, Alwen stifling a surprised yelp at the sudden movement. And not only this, but he put his hand on her shoulder. Alwen couldn’t help but shudder, either from the cold, or the weirdness. She didn’t know. What she did know, was that it was intimidating. Perhaps that was why he did it? Regardless, at the action she made a mental note to keep on her toes and guard around this guy. After a moment of staring at her, he seemed to remove his hand and look away, before speaking again. “Do me a favour? Stop trying to feed me lies, it’s not a good way to start off, trust me, I know.” Wait, what? Feed him lies? She’d only said one sentence and a rhetorical question! This dude was without a doubt creepy, intimidating, and just kind of unnerving to the siren.

Once again touching her without content, causing a huff from the horned ninja, the stranger made his way to the lake. He was stood silently and motionlessly for a long time, intently focused on the lake, a situation that was tempting for Alwen to leave while she could. Whether it was morbid curiosity, or just that she wanted to be as careful as possible, she didn’t flee however, simply standing where she was and watching. Worst case scenario, if this guy did turn out to be dangerous, she was quite literally in her element, next to a large mass of water. So, while her hope was that he didn’t do anything rash such as attack her, she knew she wasn’t defenceless here. Out of nowhere, he spoke again, the sudden break in the silence causing her to jump a little as he looked back to her. “My name is Burittsu Yuki. What’s yours?” Well. That was an odd name, or at least in her opinion.

Hesitating for a moment, the siren weighed up her options. On one hand, lying or refusing to respond would likely cause a conflict. On the other, telling someone your name means it’s easier for them to find you in the future. If this guy was as dangerous as her intuition told her, then that’d be bad. Deciding it was best to avoid risking a conflict here, Alwen spoke up in response. “I am Alwen of the Sangotatsu.” Brief and to the point. Introductions out of the way. Generally a good sign, since that at least implied mutual knowledge. The man had seemed to study her earlier, from how he was looking her up and down. She made a mental note to try do the same, albeit more subtly.

510 + 1059 = 1569

Burittsu

Burittsu

D-rank
“I am Alwen of the Sangotatsu.”

The name itself sang through the air a weird name for a weird person with such a weird personality his eyes were dull and empty as he continued to study the female he only began to wonder if she would eventually care to share why was really out here alone. Her personality was everything but stuck up and rude a person like that could make a endless amount of friends from the point of view from Burittsu but why was she out here alone in the cold. Indeed he wanted to ask but it was no doubt that his time here was simply making the female nervous as the grin from his face was gone a stern but serious face was indeed put on. Looking up in the sky he crossed his arms and looked back down at her and seemed to spot something that should have been seen it seemed to protrude from the head of the female. Horns in fact this only gave him a slight chuckle as it seemed she was nothing but a bottle full of surprises he only began to wonder what she was really like on the battlefield or when she’s around people who she feels more comfortable around.

“Do not worry I will not attack you. So you're still not gonna tell me the truth as to why you out here alone I know we just met but i’m not stupid.”

His eyes were simply glued on the fact he was missing key facts about the female her eyes seemed to be the most interesting part about her after the horns. Pondering on the fact he only wondered if they would grow out more as time passed or would they truly reveal themselves in the midst of battle. Studying her it was obvious she was ready if he tried anything he was indeed a rather different type of shinobi in the village one who didn’t have remorse for his comrades he would always say to himself. But he had to try to show a side of him he had not shown in a long time the side of an actual comrade who cares about the people in the village no matter what they've done and who they are.

“We started off rough I apologize but I want to start a new chapter in my life and you simply remind me of a dear friend I met on these very shores you both have the same characteristics. Tell me do you have a dream?”

A deep gaze it was as he wanted to know right there on the spot if she had any goals in her life instead of being used as a tool by others or even for the village he wanted to know if she ready to take necessary steps to move straight on the path that she is aiming for or if not eventually find that path. The mist itself continued to roll on through the area for only so long before eventually it would clear out as the sound of the wildlife would begin to move around and about as if nothing stopped them. Awaiting her response he only looked from where he first entered the area along the path the sunlight was probably shining down brightly as he only awaited to return back on it to continue his journey hopefully with a new friend by the time he was finished at the lake.

“Take the time to answer that because I want to begin this new chapter in my life and you are an interesting shinobi it be nice if you could accompany me and we help each other out each step of the way. What do you say?”

WC: 626

Alwen Sangotatsu

Alwen Sangotatsu

D-rank
Alwen couldn’t help but squirm on the spot slightly as the man’s gaze resumed. It was unnerving to her. It reminded her of the judgemental looks of her and her brother’s peers. Nobody liked an odd group, and the horns and eyes forced the Sangotatsu to become exactly that. She begun to bury her head into the scarf, which helped to remind her that she was wearing the scarf. Alwen would have made a comment about that, but before she could move her lips the man talked again. “Do not worry, I will not attack you. So you’re still not gonna tell me the truth as to why you are out here alone? I know we just met but I’m not stupid.” Woah. What did she do that gave away the impression that she was expecting an attack? All she’d done was stand there and state her name. Still, she wasn’t sure whether she could trust this guy.

He kept watching her, and Alwen could swear this guy just loved to stare. She felt her nerves waver under the stare. Perhaps it was the cold. Perhaps it was the mist. Perhaps it was the fact that he made physical contact with someone upon first meeting them. Whatever it was, it unnerved her. Before she could entertain any thought on the matter, he spoke up once more. “We started off rough, I apologise. But I want to start a new chapter in my life and you simply remind me of a dear friend I met on these very shores. You both have the same characteristics. Tell me, do you have a dream?” Wow. This guy must love to talk, because that sentence went several directions at once. Furthermore, this guy’s friend had the same features? Was it another Sangotatsu? Strange, as Alwen could imagine rumours of someone like him spreading through the clan… Unless of course, this guy killed the other person to keep the horns or some other superstitious thing like that. In which case, well, bugger.

My dream is to be of use to my home village, and to be able to protect it.” She responded, voice still a bit shaken from the cold. As has all of her current answers, it was a brief one, to the point. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say it was her twin brother’s dream, but of course, it was her dream as well, given what happened. She looked around as the sound of nature began to break into the quiet, awkwardness of the conversation. She considered it a shame that the mist was disappearing, but at least this made the lake more visible, the large mass of water being comforting to the siren.

The Yuki spoke up once more, posing another sentence into a question. That seemed to be a recurring theme, one that Alwen took note of. “Take your time to answer that, because I want to begin this new chapter in my life, and you are an interesting shinobi. It’d be nice if you could accompany me, and we help each other out each step of the way. What do you say?” Wow. So, this was something. Something which Alwen had no idea how to respond to. She looked at him for a moment, scanning him as if to look for an answer to what he meant, yet to no avail. She thought for a moment for an appropriate response that wouldn’t annoy the guy. First thing’s first, she took the scarf off, holding it out to him. As she did so, she spoke her response. “I uh, am afraid I don’t really know you enough for something like that… And you may want your scarf back.” Manners were manners, and it’d be rude to keep the scarf on when it wasn’t hers. It wasn’t like she was overly cold. And for some reason she was actually more comfortable, emotionally, without it. Perhaps it was the whole situation that made her uncomfortable. Who knows?

666 + 1569 = 2235

Burittsu

Burittsu

D-rank
“My dream is to be of use to my home village, and to be able to protect it.”

Indeed he took this answer deeply as it seemed she was headed upon the right track of living her life this answer itself simply brought a smile on the face of the shinobi. Sliding his hands into his pockets a soft grin returned as he seemed to approve of the answer that was given to him she sounded serious enough for him to not question her resolve. After the answer was processed through the mind of Burittsu it was indeed interesting how she ended up handing him his scarf returning it back to him. Placing his hand out taking what was his he quickly placed it and wrapped it around his neck only to once more here more words drool out of her mouth into the atmosphere. He only began to insist that this female herself was going to be the next best thing to have entered the shinobi world her actions themselves would indeed save the village that she wanted to protect and maybe the lives of the loved ones she also has in mind. He was not one to judge because he also had people to protect and killed him every moment when he thinks about what he could have done in the past but as for now he only simply sat in silence and listen to her words flow into the empty air.

“I uh, am afraid I don’t really know you enough for something like that… And you may want your scarf back.”

Giving a nod was the only thing he could do for the female he could not force her to do what was needed to do or persuade her at this point in time. Watching as she buried her head before only answered more questions he had about her as a soft cold breeze touched his skin he simply gave a yawn as the cold was nothing more to him but just air. The faint smile remained on his face as he looked around the area studying how the mist was slowly starting to lighten from what it was earlier. Once more sliding his hands back into his pockets he only looked around before gazing out towards the lake once more only to enjoy it’s view as a bit of sunlight broke through hitting the surface of it.

“I can not force you to get to know me but since we now know names eventually we will see each other maybe on the battlefield.. Or even on the training field keep growing stronger so you can protect your home. It was good meeting you Alwen..”

Bowing to her in a sign of respect he ventured off into the mist slowly disappearing from her view as he headed back to the path where he came returning back to the path that led back to the village. As he walked through the mist he only thought of how skilled she would be in the future since she wanted to be strong enough to protect her village as he wondered if she had the stomach to slaughter another shinobi who is fighting to protect what they also put their lives on the line. A sinister chuckle took over as it echoed through the mist as he only thought of how he could now benefit himself and what the future would await for him. Indeed many questions needed to be answered but he decided to take things one step at a time coming to a stop as he came to a stop to the sign which directed him to the lake in the first place. Gazing upon the sign he only looked up as the mist around him was long gone only to be replaced by the sun’s warm glare down upon his skin. With a sigh he continued to walk upon the path without looking back as he only began to think hard and repeatedly in his head. The thoughts of his dear friend Genbu missing and gone and without a trace it seemed as if he really abandoned left in the village to rot. In all honesty to Burittsu he was probably happy that he was free of this burden and allowed to go out look for the information he needed to find his missing comrade and rival.

“Genbu I found someone with the same outgoing personality as you it’s a new chapter my friend.. One day we’ll meet up wherever your journeys took you don’t bother waiting up I will be the best shinobi I can.”

WC: 769
Total WC: 2,560
End Thread

Alwen Sangotatsu

Alwen Sangotatsu

D-rank
This was a really unnerving conversation to the genin. What was his deal? He seemed to be judging her, although what sort of judgements and how she didn’t know, or really want to, aside from morbid curiosity. He put his scarf back on, but to Alwen it didn’t help alleviate the tension. She was not comfortable with what was going on. Or any of how this situation had gone. Although if someone were to be reading her thoughts in a fourth wall breaking manner of perspective, they would have known this by now. This chain of unrelated thoughts was broken off once more by the voice of the Yuki, his grin further helping the lack of security the sea girl felt. “I can not force you to get to know me, but since we now know names, eventually we will see each other, maybe on the battlefield… Or even on the training field. Keep growing stronger, so you can protect your home. It was good meeting you Alwen…” for some reason, the end of that sentence made her shudder even more than the cold.

Having said his piece, the man bowed to her, as one generally does in greeting and farewells. Deciding to be respectful if nothing else, Alwen mimicked the gesture, bowing, before watching as he left. She paid great detail to the direction he was going, deciding it was best to be gone herself, but perhaps take a scenic route, so as to not cross paths again so soon. So, what better way to go back than the way nobody else would be daft enough to go? Away from the village, to best get back to the village! And with that, they prepared their overly dramatic, yet sneaky, way of leaving, just in case he was watching. Forming quick hand seals, the horned shinobi girl exhaled a scarlet red mist from her mouth, seeming to disappear into it. She likely made her way home from here. How long it would take would be unknown. But if anyone was watching, it would probably look bloody cool.

347 + 2235 = 2582
[EXIT THREAD]

Training:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.