You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Caught on the Path of Life [Aya/Flashback] Empty Caught on the Path of Life [Aya/Flashback] Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:35 pm

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Karumo had finished meeting with Akira, now Tsuyo and was making his exit from the village. Late under the cover of the clouded night and cool breeze, the lone Iwagakure shinobi dashed from place to place towards the village gate to get back home to his village. Fatigued, in his basic ANBU armor, black long sleeve shirt and pants with black sandals and grey armor plates on top. For now, he was still Captain of Iwagakure's Oracles, but soon... under the recommendation of Akira, he would be taking up the mantle of Tsuchikage.

All that happening still, so much turmoil in the world, with several squads of Iwa nin moving to Kirigakure and not much else being told. Karumo was lucky for what bits of information he'd gotten out, and in his time here he hadn't seen anyone else, not Jet or Suutei or any other Iwa nin. All peculiar, but that was his plan after all. He arrived just after dinner and stayed mostly out of sight after checking in, and now that the moon was nearing its peak, he was already on his way out. Once he hit the village gate he would be pretty much home free, moving quickly for whatever reason. Perhaps anxiety at his coming position, or maybe angst and excitement at taking up the mantle of Tsuchikage, it mattered not. He just wanted to get back home and report on everything and get it all ironed out in the end.

[249 words]

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Ayakshi had just finished her own talks with Akira, it seemed that he was giving up his position to a man by the name of Karumo, Ayakashi didn't like sticks wedged into her plans, as it seemed that this Karumo was now more than able to put a stop to the alliance between kirigakure and Iwa with but a single word. Beginning a relationship with asking for a favor was not something that the Mizukage liked to do, but it seemed that now they were at a crucial moment, and a time of need. The Mizukage was a shadow among the scenery, moving faster and faster as the ninja was planning on leaving the village, they needed to be stopped and they needed to talk. This conflict that was coming, people thought it was going to be some kind of war, those people were going to be greatly disappointed. This conflict was going to be over in a flash, but, The Mizukage of the Village Hidden in the Mist was not the kind who liked to leave anything this big to chance, so, she was calling all favors, and anything she could to make the end result here certain.

But, Oh how much Aya hated talking...

It was not long until she sighted the unique visage of an Iwa ninja uniform leaving her country, so, darting ahead before stopping some ten meters behind the ninja with a not so silent 'thud' the voice of the Mizukage would call out to him. The voice was not tired or strained, but more hopeful that this was the person she was looking for. She had never set eyes on this particular ninja before, and having only been given a basic direction from Akira as to the route he 'might' take, it could very well be that this was not the person she was looking for. But, with enough information given by those she had passed on the way and a basic description, that it was one of the most possible conclusions.

"Ahoy! You there, would i be correct in assuming you are Karumo, the to-be successor of Tsuchikage Akira? There is something urgent that the two of us must discuss. I hope you could spare me a moment, as I understand that you may be in a hurry to return."

As he would turn around, he would see the Mizukage in her usual attire, the black and blue shroud with 'Mizukage' printed down its back with her unique mask attached to her hip. She wore little clothing other than strapped leather bands across her chest and long gi that bore many pokets for ninja tools. A few weapon hilts as well as a quiver could be seen here and there, but due to the fading light it would be hard to tell that they were anything spectacular, though it could be assumed. As the Mizukage was the holder of the Raijin blade & Kusanagi, not to mention her own weapon changeling which had begun to gain a considerable name for itself.

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
The sound of approaching footsteps dawned a loud thud a few meters behind him. Karumo stopped in the middle of the street where he stood, he was so close to being able to escape away from the village, he could almost taste the outer village air. Looking back over his shoulder briefly to see the figure, he would turn around and step forward at the first call of her voice,

"Ahoy! You there, would i be correct in assuming you are Karumo, the to-be successor of Tsuchikage Akira? There is something urgent that the two of us must discuss. I hope you could spare me a moment, as I understand that you may be in a hurry to return."

None other than the Mizukage standing before him in her formal robes, with a variety of weapons and hilts scattered around herself. Too many for Karumo to think on and take in the sight of. He stood up straight and let his own purple eyes fall towards her, taking a few more steps to close the distance so he could speak at a normal conversational level.

"Would-be successor is a lot of hope, though Lord Akira thinks that I will take the mantle..." a brief pause in his gesturing, trying to remain humble as nothing would be set in stone until it came about, "Urgent or not, who am I to refuse a conversation with the Mizukage, we have been allies, and whether or not I become Tsuchikage, the honor will be all mine." Karumo tilted his head down slightly and bowed with his right arm across his chest as a slight formality. A small test to see how she took his actions, hoping to read into her demeanor and presence a bit more than her words might give way to.

When Karumo would stand back up straight he would offer one last phrase to start off their conversation, "What can I do for you Lady Mizukage?" His mind wondered briefly on what was so urgent that she would catch him on his way out of the village, and wondering how news had traveled so fast in between their own circles as well.

[364 words, 613 words total]

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
The boy was full of respect and dutifulness, were this his honest face, and not a masque to hide the true him, then he would no doubt grow into that of a fine leader one day. Ayakashi smiled and walked closer so that she could better see his features. As the boy bowed to her, Ayakashi in turn bowed low, almost to that as a servant would bow to a master or a student to a teacher. Aya's philosophy was that the Kage was a servant to her people, and she was always most gracious when it came to those who would give her their precious time.

"What can I do for you Lady Mizukage?"

Ayakashi nodded and looked up to gather her thoughts, honestly she hadn't thought she would get this far, and she surely had not prepared a speech or anything of the like. Letting out a low humm as she thought for a moment she looked back down at the ANBU, having compiled her thoughts into order. She was glad he bought up their alliance, it was a hopeful sentiment...

"The thought crossed my mind that I should meet with you if Tsuyo is to retire." She openly gave up the name, indicating that she too, knew his identity, which she was certain that he would too if he had trusted him enough to take his mantle. "This got me to thinking about the things that are coming to pass quickly, and actions that are to be taken in the future. I ask that you but listen for a moment, hear this story and its reasoning, for if you're to be a future leader, my letter seeking aid would have been sent to the wrong person, when indeed, it should have been sent to you... " Aya spoke plainly, not like she was talking down to someone, but rather simply informing.

You're aware of the situation in Kumo, yes? She began.

Simply put, a missing ninja from their country, a jounin, came to out village in hopes of defection, this ninja was denied sanctuary and fought Sero, one of my vassals. Sadly, this ninja was struck down, but not before we were told the inner turmoil and state of Sanosuke Flynt. Not long after Sanosuke closed off their countries boarders to all nations, locking it down and cutting off all trade into and out of the country. But also boldly targeting incarcerating all kirigakure ninja within the country. We have proof, one of my ANBU Wolfgang managed to escape their holds and find his way back, informing us that they'd been using lies and deceit to subdue our population and to this day still hold them.

I, cannot allow this transgression to go lightly. Which I am sure that you respect.

I previously had an accord with Tsuyo, that he and ninja of Iwa would aid me in this rescue and recovery, no combat intended, but a simple distraction plan to draw the eyes of the country in the wrong direction. I understand that this comes suddenly to you, but, were you to become leader tomorrow... would you honor the deal of your predecessor? Or must we create a separate arrangement? As you said, we are allies. And your ally is desperately seeking aid...

The last words bought Aya's yes to focus on him, it was a heavy decision, and in many ways it would likely be one of, if not his first test as a leader. There were many ways this could go.

"I understand I'm asking a lot, and it is unfair to put this on your shoulders so quickly... for that, i an sincerely sorry. "

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
"The thought crossed my mind that I should meet with you if Tsuyo is to retire. This got me to thinking about the things that are coming to pass quickly, and actions that are to be taken in the future. I ask that you but listen for a moment, hear this story and its reasoning, for if you're to be a future leader, my letter seeking aid would have been sent to the wrong person, when indeed, it should have been sent to you... " she began her short ramblings in return. It became obvious that she knew as much as Karumo did related to Akira and his comings. It only meant that he was either late to the party or that news traveled quickly in this area, either way, it didn't matter much for the moment.

Karumo nodded as she requested him to listen, leaving out his own desire to add that he wasn't just yet the Tsuchikage, but if he for some reason weren't chosen then he could relay the message.

"You're aware of the situation in Kumo, yes?" she continued on, Karumo looked brightly ahead, "Only partially and to tell the truth not at all either..." he added briefly afterwards. Taking a deep breath in the form of a short sigh afterwards. Perhaps this would be a nice insight into everything going on in the end.

"Simply put, a missing ninja from their country, a jounin, came to out village in hopes of defection, this ninja was denied sanctuary and fought Sero, one of my vassals. Sadly, this ninja was struck down, but not before we were told the inner turmoil and state of Sanosuke Flynt. Not long after Sanosuke closed off their countries boarders to all nations, locking it down and cutting off all trade into and out of the country. But also boldly targeting incarcerating all kirigakure ninja within the country. We have proof, one of my ANBU Wolfgang managed to escape their holds and find his way back, informing us that they'd been using lies and deceit to subdue our population and to this day still hold them.

I, cannot allow this transgression to go lightly. Which I am sure that you respect.

I previously had an accord with Tsuyo, that he and ninja of Iwa would aid me in this rescue and recovery, no combat intended, but a simple distraction plan to draw the eyes of the country in the wrong direction. I understand that this comes suddenly to you, but, were you to become leader tomorrow... would you honor the deal of your predecessor? Or must we create a separate arrangement? As you said, we are allies. And your ally is desperately seeking aid..."

The story in itself was troubling, concerning even and a lot to take in. His ears and eyes would perk up at times about the missing nin, Kumogakure's arresting of the Kiri ninja in response. It was all troubling, to say the least, like war games being played out without information or communication to the other side. No hint at foresight, only foreshadowing to consequence, like neither side wanted to truly solve anything but instead prepare for an inevitable war all the same. Karumo would have scratched his head and sighed if it wouldn't have made such an obvious display. But what caught his attention the most was the she used the word 'desperately' in terms of their needing help. For a village so prided on its military strength, something like this could probably be fought on for some time single handedly. And yet, they called for aid, it made sense to want to reduce casualties, but to the extent that they would risk other shinobi's lives from other villages in order to accomplish their goal, that was possibly the more troubling bit.

Karumo wondered if there were anything else going on under the surface of the village, a lack of manpower, or even home dissent against going to war. All even more troubling things that could cripple then from within, and for Ayakashi, and especially Karumo, it meant that he would have to tread lightly. The lady Mizukage continued on with a small apology for putting the burden in him, but that he didn't mind so much, battle tactics were his specialty, planning the future and reading into the big picture were where he fully excelled. Whether the Mizukage knew about the Oracles or him being Captain of the division, she would quickly learn about his intellectual prowess, really, the only reason that he had progressed so quickly and were a threat in any right.

Karumo exhaled heavily as he gathered his own thoughts, "It is no doubt a lot to take in, and troubling beyond that. Truthfully, I'm a bit surprised that a ninja tried to seek asylum in a place like Kirigakure where no prisoners are taken, and giving up that information, are you sure that the information you were given was the truth?" Karumo would ask with an inquisitive eye.

"I know you said that a ninja of your own confirmed their story, but think about his time in captivity, being told only what they would allow and seen only what they would offer. As well as a ninja offering you information at their own word? I would definitely be treading carefully to say the least... even the slightest bit of disinformation could cost you your war.

But still, that's not what we're here to talk about. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to let this transgression go without consequence, but what of Kumogakure? Have they made any demands or requests or is it still total silence? It doesn't seem like containment camps are a worthy tactic of anything but a genocidal attack against your country.

Regardless, before I detail anything about distractions, I suppose I should offer this much. If Akira had made a deal in Iwa and our council accepted it, then I doubt there's little I could do to stop it, especially being so new when I take the mantle. But this distraction seems an interesting bit, can you fill me in on what was originally promised and what all is entailed?"
Karumo asked, wondering a bit on what Akira had promised, what he would have to live up to. Not to mention all his other questions and concerns with everything going on, saving his own thoughts for the time being, until all the information he could draw out was at the surface.

[1097 words, 1710 words total]

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
"It is no doubt a lot to take in, and troubling beyond that. Truthfully, I'm a bit surprised that a ninja tried to seek asylum in a place like Kirigakure where no prisoners are taken, and giving up that information, are you sure that the information you were given was the truth..? I know you said that a ninja of your own confirmed their story, but think about his time in captivity, being told only what they would allow and seen only what they would offer. As well as a ninja offering you information at their own word? I would definitely be treading carefully to say the least... even the slightest bit of disinformation could cost you your war. But still, that's not what we're here to talk about. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to let this transgression go without consequence, but what of Kumogakure? Have they made any demands or requests or is it still total silence? It doesn't seem like containment camps are a worthy tactic of anything but a genocidal attack against your country. Regardless, before I detail anything about distractions, I suppose I should offer this much. If Akira had made a deal in Iwa and our council accepted it, then I doubt there's little I could do to stop it, especially being so new when I take the mantle. But this distraction seems an interesting bit, can you fill me in on what was originally promised and what all is entailed?"

The man's response seemed cautious, which was likely the best option, he listed off concerns and his own ideas about the situation with a healthy hand of skepticism. If any of this information could be wrong, then it could spell war where one didn't need to be made. Echoing the thoughts and fears that Ayakashi had been working through for a long time now. It was her conversation with Akira which had spurred her into action, she could avoid war should she put herself on the line, then the force which came to claim her would target her, wherever she lay. War was not something that was ever on the table, but, when another nation got involved, and her own nation was so ready and waiting to stand united behind her, there was little she could do to stop them, so, she had to aim them into a purpose so that they did not simply charge head first into the enemy nation and take back what was theirs in a furious assault... Her people had the hearts of dragons, that much was certain.

"I can be sure, the information i was given from not a single source, and has been updated over time, corroberated from my spies before they were caught, as well as several ninja who are in hiding as well as Wolfgang who managed to escape, there is little doubt. Also no, Sanosuke has made no effort to contact me, or send any message back to my country. Should he have given demands, then this likely would have not escalated this far, or,

escalated way faster.

As for the plan, it was relatively simple, There were to be 2 falsified fronts, a force led by myself, and a force led by Kumo. These forces were to be seen but meet little combat unless they absolutely had to. Their goal was to act like gates pulling response teams to each of them, opening up an entrance for myself and those with me. As soon as we're in, the forces dissolve without a trace. Those with me will work on confronting Sanosuke while manning a rescue operation for the prisoners and escaping with them.

It's a very light risk operation, but working together with Iwa and konoha on a joint operation I feel will send a message that we are united against acts of war. We should be together, not apart when it comes to rescuing our loved ones. "
Aya spoke with a heartfelt tone, she was obviously passionate about what she was saying. She knew the ninja of her land, and while she didn't take offense to the idea that they could not be trusted, she understood that other lands were worse off when it came to trust between one another. The men of Kirigakure who had served long enough to be Jounin weren't just ninja of the country, they were brothers in arms who had seen war together. They were well known, they were loved and respected as heroes who had saved dozens of families each amongst them. Them lying about something like this would not only earn them a great punishment, but it would destroy their reputation as well as their honor in a single fell blow.

Ayakashi doubted any man could survive the shame, yet alone her blade.

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
"I can be sure, the information i was given from not a single source, and has been updated over time, corroberated from my spies before they were caught, as well as several ninja who are in hiding as well as Wolfgang who managed to escape, there is little doubt. Also no, Sanosuke has made no effort to contact me, or send any message back to my country. Should he have given demands, then this likely would have not escalated this far, or,

escalated way faster.

As for the plan, it was relatively simple, There were to be 2 falsified fronts, a force led by myself, and a force led by Kumo. These forces were to be seen but meet little combat unless they absolutely had to. Their goal was to act like gates pulling response teams to each of them, opening up an entrance for myself and those with me. As soon as we're in, the forces dissolve without a trace. Those with me will work on confronting Sanosuke while manning a rescue operation for the prisoners and escaping with them.

It's a very light risk operation, but working together with Iwa and konoha on a joint operation I feel will send a message that we are united against acts of war. We should be together, not apart when it comes to rescuing our loved ones."
she continued on, giving way to the idea of the operation. The lady Mizukage seemed genuine enough in her statements and purpose.But subterfuge was the natural calling of the ninja, shinobi and kunoichi alike had to be experts in it, leaving him with caution throughout the tale. He didn't express as much confidence in her source either, but he hadn't vetted the information himself, it was merely at her word and Karumo was naturally a skeptic inherent.

From what he could tell is that communication was dead between the both of them, inferring that Kiri had made an attempt to contact them. But, in the case of the acting part having acted and not saying anything about it, not even confirming their silence was weird. Was it possible that their letters were being intercepted en route? If it was a blitz technique from Kumo against Kiri, they would have acted by now, not given them enough to time to discover the folly and prepare in return. None of it added up at any part for Karumo and it was beginning to seem more incompetent as a political battle as time passed on. Now to the point where only military action was left, how dreadful a result...

Still, where Karumo was versed, he was pleased with the Mizukage's plan, it being nearly foolproof in action in diverting the enemies attention and splitting their number. Less thought put into their escape plan than probably cared for though. He would ignore the bit of irony she latched on at the end, perhaps it was a note for Karumo to catch on to in all of it, building an overwhelming army and marching on a village to stand united against war. The irony of it was all a bit too perfect that he wouldn't have helped but crack a smile at the notion. Combine that with her lack of focus on their escape plan after, to get so many people out of the village, the prisoners no doubt in weak condition. And when their distraction runs out and word that the village is under attack, what will they do when their escape is blocked and they are collapsed upon? Is it really worth so much cost of life? Even if the Mizukage could take on any enemy with great strength, there were so many elements missing here, and to save loved ones? In the cost of risking so many others on a chance that may or may not work.

It would take a sustained distraction in order to guarantee their surivival or they would have to cause complete and utter disarray in battle to leave the field with any hope of surviving when they are collapsed in on. It also meant Karumo would be holding a lot of power, if he weren't to send forces then the number to break through would be even greater, so much initial loss of life in their impending battle.

Karumo's mind was racing at the moment, thinking through scenarios and planning action, thinking through expectation and outcome, and the far reaching damage it would cause beyond that. With a heavy sigh he would respond after a brief pause, "United..." he would start slowly with a small pause before bringing his attention back to the Mizukage to meet her gaze with proud and confident eyes, "It is certainly best to be united, but if I may be frank here..." he would pause again. Waiting for her allowance or not, but it wouldn't change his words, he would continue on as he was for the moment and be as frank as he needed to be to search through his thoughts and concerns, "This sounds like more of an assassination of the Raikage than a simple rescue mission, why else confront him instead of keep him at bay? Iwagakure has been standing allies with Kiri for I couldn't tell you how long. There isn't a part of me that doesn't want to help you here, but I have so many concerns about all of it. Your strategy is quite well though out, ingenious even but it has holes and gaps that I could poke into it at first glance. When you arrive, you will strike swiftly in a blitz I imagine, aiming for the jail cells and internment camps or wherever your people might be kept. A humanitarian crisis worth response, but the lose of life on both sides, it will only breed further conflict. And what happens when our distraction ends?"

"What happens when the enemy learns their folly and collapses back in on you, what escape is there for you from there? Iwa may be poised to help, but to ask us to fight and sustain against an enemy to allow reduced numbers is only losing for us. Losing our people's lives, and then our citizens will want retribution against Kumogakure no Sato while they beg for it from the both of us. Is it worth that much? And not to mention the over-reaching consequences from disturbing a peace so long held, battle lines drawn and sides taken. Money lost for people and loved ones dead. I wont' deny that freeing your people of innocence is important, but you act without forcing their hand. You say communication has failed then go to communicate, I beseech you to not act in haste."

"And if your plan fails and you should fall, where is Iwa left in it all? We have nothing to gain and everything to lose here, I understand alliances but we're not fighting against a mad Kage attacking others and poised to take the entire world. This is a fight of a political game fueled seemingly by ego and left to brood into nothing else but a fight impending."
he continued on, his words would be incredibly harsh no doubt. Probably not what the Mizukage was expecting or intending to hear from him, the successor of the person who promised so much help, but he had to clear his conscious on the issue and make an attempt to sway one side to see reason.

Then there was his last bit, the thing that would sway it all, if the Mizukage hadn't interrupted him yet or thrown him out of the village for being so blunt with her, he would continue on, "If there is anything else to your war, an ulterior motive or greater goal you hope to achieve, I'd like to hear it now. There has to be more to assembling a sizeable force and invading another country... I won't believe anything has fallen so far for nearly nothing." he poised, his breath almost running short from rambling so long and so passionately. He would be very interested in what the Mizukage would have to say. Ignoring all his concerns and questions, ignoring the consequences of it all, ignoring his own convictions, her response here would be the most important part to this conversation. The hopefully one grain of absolute truth he could pull out from this whole ordeal if he could, in all the rest of the uncertainty, he wanted something to be true. If only the Mizukage would tell him what was really going on behind it all.

[1448 words, 3158 words total]

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
"United... It is certainly best to be united, but if I may be frank here...This sounds like more of an assassination of the Raikage than a simple rescue mission, why else confront him instead of keep him at bay? Iwagakure has been standing allies with Kiri for I couldn't tell you how long. There isn't a part of me that doesn't want to help you here, but I have so many concerns about all of it. Your strategy is quite well though out, ingenious even but it has holes and gaps that I could poke into it at first glance. When you arrive, you will strike swiftly in a blitz I imagine, aiming for the jail cells and internment camps or wherever your people might be kept. A humanitarian crisis worth response, but the lose of life on both sides, it will only breed further conflict. And what happens when our distraction ends..?

What happens when the enemy learns their folly and collapses back in on you, what escape is there for you from there? Iwa may be poised to help, but to ask us to fight and sustain against an enemy to allow reduced numbers is only losing for us. Losing our people's lives, and then our citizens will want retribution against Kumogakure no Sato while they beg for it from the both of us. Is it worth that much? And not to mention the over-reaching consequences from disturbing a peace so long held, battle lines drawn and sides taken. Money lost for people and loved ones dead. I wont' deny that freeing your people of innocence is important, but you act without forcing their hand. You say communication has failed then go to communicate, I beseech you to not act in haste."

"And if your plan fails and you should fall, where is Iwa left in it all? We have nothing to gain and everything to lose here, I understand alliances but we're not fighting against a mad Kage attacking others and poised to take the entire world. This is a fight of a political game fueled seemingly by ego and left to brood into nothing else but a fight impending... If there is anything else to your war, an ulterior motive or greater goal you hope to achieve, I'd like to hear it now. There has to be more to assembling a sizeable force and invading another country... I won't believe anything has fallen so far for nearly nothing."

Ayakashi listened to everything he had to say before she would so much as open her mouth, she was honestly surprised by the forethought this man had in the matter with everything she had presented him. Any average ninja would have simply accepted the role and gone ahead like all people would with orders from their superior, but no, this man questioned, he thought about things inside and out, he was ready to question and confront those that were his closest allies and put everything they had under scrutiny before he acted. In short, Ayakashi thought that this man was the kind of person, that left unchecked, could rule the world... if the world allowed him to reach that high. Subservience was a neutral position for mankind, but what Karumo had was command and that was a quality worthy of respect, she could see now, brightly, shining before her the qualities which would inevitably lead Akira to place upon this ninjas shoulder the mantle of Tsuchikage.

But so, she would open her mouth to begin, there was a lot to reply to, and she didn't want to miss out a single detail could she help it. Her voice steeled, becoming as cold and calculated as her chakra, now was the time for fleshed out strategical detail which she had kept to herself for the most-part. Those who followed her only needed to know the parts of the plan that they were involved in, compartmentalizing her plan into sections where each person only had to perform their one task was a strategic strength that could be afforded to a leader who had unquestioning followers, but, it seemed that the winning strategy here and now, was transparency.

"You gave me the grace of speaking honestly, I respect that, so, allow me to respond in kind.

I don't want anyone to die, my one and only motive is justice, I would confront Sanosuke, hear him and should he need to be sentenced, I will call upon his people to render judgement and do only as they wish. I'm open to the course of action that action will take, the last thing I want is this to end in the blood-shed of anyone, and lead to anything more than this is. But if Sanosuke resists us with lethal force, shows insolence and rejects my presence, I will be left with little recourse than to fight him down. Kirigakure cannot be seen as a country that can be taken advantage of so readily or everything we worked to become means nothing... It's as simple as that, this insult threatens our reputation as ninja, and should we not come through it, this could effect not only our national pride, but our economy.

Which brings me to your next point, in these holes you poked, allow me to revisit my part and 'my' distraction forces as well as their duties in greater detail, I fear in my haste I may have left out the more nuanced aspects of the intent... My forces will approach the coast by sea vessels, abondoning the ships and using the Kumo cliffs as as cover for their approach before they split into two teams, one in reserve while the other begins to perform distraction operations, these forces are given a no engage order while the reserve forces here are there solely to ensure that necessary retreats and distractions are possible to evade capture or overwhelming. These groups in performing these tasks, unknowingly are by proxy, guarding the ships for the exit strategy should we not be able to simply leave.

While the striking force, consisting of myself, Tsuyo Hyuga, Strafe Aisu, and others who are noted as the most powerful ninja in my country move to confront Sanosuke. Statistically, we will not be overcome. The vast majority of the armed population of any country is of B rank, I will not fall to a force of that ranking, no matter the number, it is as simple as that, i can assure you, I've done it.  Any kirigakure ninja worth their salt is capable of a search and rescue in hostile territory with the complete restriction of blood-shed. It's a standard practice mission in my country, and I'm only taking my best, men and women which vastly out-rank the standard military of Kumogakure, yet alone by surprise. With an outward distraction, there is no way an exfiltration past the hot zone is not completed before those forces cross a country to reach their past location. Those who commit to the rescue operation will gather the kirigakure ninja held captive while I confront Sanosuke, drawing any and all nearby eyes on me. Should we be simply allowed to leave with them, then we do, should things prove difficult, my people and the prisoners ex-filtrate via stealth to the ships and I personally will join that force and leave with them if I must, or, I will ensure that my presence alone will act as a big enough deterrent to call off any hostility or draw it all to me. The weight of this mission falls on me, my shoulders are broad enough to pull off this mission and succeed. The only potential of loss I have in that country, is if Kenji, Han and Sanosuke together have me isolated, and should i fall, my second in this country has already been decided and will be remaining here, Kirigakure and Iwa will have peace and good relations. But, to be frank, from what I've seen of the three of them, if they together cornered me into combat via the means they would have to take to truly entrap me... they'd be trapped with me, not the other way around. "

The pressure of Ayakashi's chakra would flare for a bit, as the conscious beast within her would let out a mental roar of chakra pressure, activating against her will the art of the reckless, causing her muscles to tense, her slightest motions would seem instantaneous as if she were were surrounded by humid air and her location within that area were more lucid than solid, a latent emanation of her speed while the effect on the air would be the shock-waves of her moving so quickly unrestricted. Relaxing afterwards, pulling herself back from being carried away. Shaking away the seriousness like it were a lingering smell, she would crack a half hearted attempt at a smile.

"The natural thought process I suppose for you would be, if I had thought this out so well, and was so sure of myself, why would I possibly need Konoha and Iwa's help in this endeavor? To which there is no real one answer, every iota of aid limits the risk factor we take in this operation, that's simple enough. You'd be making it easier for us. You'd also be showing us how much this alliance and trade means to Iwa as a nation, something my country would pledge to without reserve should our roles be reversed i assure you. Not to mention, Kiri can only invade from the sea without working with minor nations nearby, so that opens up all the more opportunities for failure and allow an enemy force to congregate at our entrance point, making conflict almost inevitable. Which I would like to avoid. In truth, this complexity is only in place to spare Kumogakure as much as possible, while uphold justice and law. Should you want to ensure that justice is upheld, I would happily welcome you into my retinue to oversee any trial.

What is that saying in Iwa? The stone on its own is insignificant? It's together that we walk toward a true peace. Is that not the way of the will of stone? I understand your caution, but allow me to take the weight of your concerns, bear the risk on my shoulders, and take the first step in walking together with me."

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Karumo would listen intently throughout the entirety of her speaking, nodding along as he listened and keeping his thoughts to himself. Admittedly, this was far more his speed and he enjoyed the honesty, even if it was something that neither of them wanted to hear or say. She spoke of justice, the want to avoid loss of life and the gaps in her plan that Karumo had brought up. He heard her words on Sanosuke, there seemed to be some anger and resentment behind them, but he understood it and felt that she was honest for what Ayakashi had told him.

What really struck Karumo during it all was the immense chakra pressure she released in all of it, purely in amount as well. He would have never imagined someone so small as her could build up such chakra stores but it was impressive in itself, having a considerable amount more than himself. Forbid any techniques and the assortment of weapons and any battle experience she would have, certainly formidable. Almost enough to draw a bead of sweat from his brow if it weren't for her relaxing it away so quickly. She continued on and hit the nail on the head, bringing up his next most logical question of, Why Iwa? Though, her answer was a little less convincing than he hoped, she spoke of justice and all else about sparing life. It wouldn't quell any of his concerns about what Iwa would truly have to gain out of all of this but he wouldn't be so greedy as to question it or make any demands. He understood the bigger picture that she was aiming for, even if he wasn't totally sold on the mechanic of which the utopia would be sought out.

What struck next was a bit of irony mixed into her words, bringing an old saying of the stone to front as a last pitch attempt at his ethos. A smile would dawn his face with a soft chuckle, "The will of stone alright, though it is interesting that you would use the historical proverbs of a village so long dedicated to it's own isolationism and dogmatic views towards the rest of the world as a point of unity. I don't miss the irony in it at all, I actually respect the gesture on top of it..." his smile would have grown and his laugh hard to contain. It wasn't sarcastic, but more genuine, he couldn't wait to throw something like that into the faces of the elders who were always so grumpy and upset about the happenings of the rest of the world. It would be perfect to shut them up a bit, besides, how are those so dedicated to tradition supposed to respond when it was turned around on them?

Still, Karumo didn't hesitate long before he continued on, "But trust me Lady Ayakashi, I know I've made most of my concerns well known and I hope you trust I know why this is so important to you and how much easier... well, how much of a difference Iwa can make here. Honestly, I would love to join in seeking justice and being at the mans trial but a battle between two kage is no place for me, I hardly have the strength for it and between opponents such as yourselves, I'd not be able to keep out of the crossfire more than seconds." he continued on scratching at the back of his neck. He had no problem with admitting his own weakness, thought to see the justice of Kirigakure up close would certainly be interesting, he was always so curious about their customs and traditionalism. He figured it would be a prestigious little bout with enough grandstanding and posturing after to make a scene worth remembering, but there's no reason to be part of a history he had nothing apart of if he wouldn't live past the moment.

"I suppose the best I could offer at this point," he continued on with his face neutralizing and his tone falling more serious, "Is that if it's a problem that is really out of my hands like I suspect then there's not much I can do to stop the motion of the wheels. There is some information that Iwa will need to get a hold of before hand and lines of communication I'd like to setup as well. When you plan on launching your attack, as well as mapping out target areas and such, and I don't trust genin running these plans no doubt so close to the Kumogakure border at that..." he would lead on. There was definitely a logistics problem to solve here, with communicating everything as close to real time as possible. He'd want assurances up to the moment of that they wouldn't back away from attacking and Iwa shinobi rush in like fools, and then on top of what they would be really expected to do and how much Kirigakure really needed out of them to be successful as well.

[857 words, 4015 words total]

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Ayakashi couldn't help but feel achieved that she managed to make him almost laugh, the crack of his smile was enough to drain all the tension out of her and make everything so much harder to deal with. Anxiety flowing out of her system like the tides as it seemed they were on the tail end of reaching an accord that would be actionable. He seemed to appreciate the fact that she knew something about the culture of Iwagakure, she'd never seen the stone monument in the pool of its lookalikes, but she had always considered the image poetic in a waxing way, something to mull on in the late hours of the night when all you have to stare at is the starry sky or the roof of a cold stone room. Ayakashi had always wondered why there had never been a will of waves in the land of kirigakure, a thing to compare to the will of fire or the will of stone. What was her own will? Ayakashi's will was to create a world where those who trespass on the lives of others never went unpunished, where the thought of transgressing on an innocent person and robbing them of their livelihood could not be fathomed.

That was her utopia.

But togetherness doesn't end harmful desire, as the will of stone would hope that it does, love, love was something that she could see healing the hearts of the world. But at the same time she had seen some of the worst crimes in the world committed in the name of love... mothers, kneeling over the corpses of their murdered children. Fathers, setting flame to the house of their families before curling into bed, allowing the home to burn with their family asleep within it. A world where love could be weaponized into atrocity, could not bring true peace... yet the wills of these two countries were not mutually exclusive, but they each lacked something. That something was a deterrent, a reason for people not to strike out at each other, that reason, like the inevitability of the crashing wave could be the justice of kirigakure. It was little more than a dream in its infancy, but if Ayakashi could create this will, create its monument in the wake of the fuusa prison monument, and finally leave behind this nation she had created, moving it forward into a now tomorrow...

Then maybe, for once, Aya could be happy.

"I'm not asking you to fight, I'm asking you to help draw the eyes of Kumo from me for as little or as much as you can. How you do so is truly up to you. If you fear for the risk of your people, I could engineer it as a formal mission requested freelance by the nation of Kirigakure, to be undertaken by your squads. That way, those who sign up to it would be volunteers, all who understood the consequences rather than men under your order.  Should you accept aid, I'll send a crow to you as soon as I can, that crow will carry hidden details of a cypher, to decrypt future messages between our countries in the future should we need it. Through that method, I will send you information on exact times, dates and locations of our movements as soon as they are known to me, so that your teams may synchronize as necessary. That way, nothing will be left up to chance.

Honestly, the distraction that you need to open up, needn't be anything longer than something that pulls people to you from a wide area. By the time Kumo ninja traveled across the nation to inspect or reinforce that area, realized it was a distraction, then pulled back to the village at haste, it would be too late and we will long have finished. Kumo is a large country after all, and its hidden village lays in the neck of the expanding peninsula, a location we can reach within hours upon landing. A key point militarily as a defensive outpost to be sure for the sake of the capitol, but theoretically easily assailable from all angles should a foe wish to."

Ayakashi attempted to assure him, she felt like the plan was of little risk, every risk that was being taken was on the shoulders of her and those who came with her into the heart of Kumogakure itself. Both her men, who were little more than a reserve force and one that was providing a distraction, as well as the force of Iwa, had to barely sully their hands compared to those who would charge through the middle of the hole opened up, deep into the heart of the country, reaching Kumogakure and hoping to confront Sanosuke directly.

"But, allow me to iterate again, that this is not an attack, this is simply taking precautions against a potentially rogue ninja nation, a nation full of innocent people that brash politics of a Kage who put them all at risk. I'll not have another seven day war. Kumogakure showed its hand to Kiri, in such a manner that it if they would do this to us, there is no reason to suspect that it would not do the same to Iwa, or Konoha should that missing ninja have traveled to your countries. Wars have been started for less in this world's past... I consider these actions as taking every possible precaution, to ensure that I meet with Sanosuke face to face, and ensure that all of this, ends here. Without any further escalation. You may not understand this, but this country has been leveled twice, almost three times in my lifetime. Twice... by  foreign nations. Their pride and families are the only treasured memories that are older than a decade in this nation. And Kumo took both... If 'I' don't do something about this... they will.

And none of us want that."

Ayakashi finished, revealing the somewhat grim fear that a Kage truly has, the fact that really, while they were the strongest ninja in their nation in most cases... they were also simply one person. They could be ignored should the people want to, a mass defection or ignoring of the Kage by the masses, was something that a Kage could not really stop, and Kirigakure, in all its power, was built upon a series of unfathomable tragedies one after the other, recent enough that the wounds were still fresh in the hearts of the people. Ayakashi, in all her actions and through the last war, managed to win over those hearts, but she knew it was like balancing scales. The passion and raw emotion of the country threatening to overbalance them at any moment should Ayakashi's action not meet their combined approval. Her nation knew, that united, they were almost unstoppable, and tethering that wounded fury was her persistent responsibility. Because at its heart...

This was still the bloody mist...

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
She wasn't asking him to fight, reassuring he supposed in some regard, but there were still lives at risk and he was being asked to make a decision for it. Even low odds still have a chance at failure, even astronomically low odds, and Karumo was never someone to back down from the responsibility to take accountability for his decisions. Still, he'd keep that much of his own righteous indignation to himself for now, he listened into her plan for communication afterwards. That much wasn't reassuring, but he supposed it was really the best they could do other than having armies stand side by side, and that didn't seem to be the case here.

She continued on with her political game, it was a little less subtle than Karumo would have gone about it, constantly trying to implant the image that it wasn't an attack persay but rather preventative measures. Even if her logic and concern were sound given Kiri's history and previous attempts on the country, that Karumo albeit didn't know much about. Still, there wouldn't be much that Karumo would add on to it all, or that he really could add on to it. He would relax a bit in his formal posture, not going as far to let his shoulders slump but enough to be noticeable, a small exhale in a huff through his nostrils as he mulled it all over in his mind.

"Very well, I think I understand everything. I wouldn't go as far to say you have my full support. I'm weary of everything, but I'll have my teams picked out and ready to go. I'll pick the targets and such, plenty enough that they will have no choice but to respond with haste and caution. It will give you everything you're looking for I think, in the meantime, send me word and keep me updated through it all... he spoke calmly and knowing he was all but done here.

Briefly he would turn his shoulders and sink into his heels as he would prepare to make the jump away and begin his journey back to Iwa. But hesitation struck, any potential energy he built up faded away as he turned his head back towards Ayakashi for a brief moment, "There is one last thing I'm curious about before I go..." he paused for a second to make sure he held the Mizukage's attention if she remained for him to speak up. "What are you planning for Akira, now that everything is out in the open. I don't think that Iwa will expect recompense for the most part, but then there is also Konoha to worry about as well... do you know what you're going to do yet?" he would trail off. He did give Akira most of his word that he would tread lightly going forward, and Karumo was convinced he could manipulate and get the Iwa daimyo and coucil to see things his way, but an entire nation aside from his own was a different feat entirely. One he wasn't sure he wanted to even begin to trifle with even just a little, even if he was sure of victory.

[546 words, 4561 words total]

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Aya thought about his words for a while, nodding with a smile about his acceptance for the mission in the most part, he was ready and willing to do what needed to be done. Action, in aya's mind, was far better than no action at all. So, she listened to his final question, it was true that Akira's defection traced back to the land of fire, a nation which had a deep alliance with themselves, which had now alse recently switched hands once again from Mitsuo to the likes of one of their previous Hokage, someone that Aya had never experienced much of, an Inuzuka from what her informants had told her, but that was all that she knew. If this inuzuka was hot headed, then there may have been some trouble brewing on the horizon. Something that Ayakashi had been so busy that she hadn't paid any heed to it. But, the Mizukage had her reply.

"If he's to stay here in this country, there will be a people's hearing. He will have a chance to confess to the public all of his crimes and his side of the story, I will act as a witness for his deeds in kirigakure during the Seven Bells war. Whatever sentence is given in that hearing, will be carried out. So long as he doesn't resist. I feel that his many bountiful good deeds will outweigh his betrayal tenfold. If the people accept him, he will no doubt be found to have already paid for his crimes and be able to live peacefully here or come and go as he pleases. If Konoha wishes to second guess our objectivity and equity. Then they risk it being an insult. But i see it all going well, short of some upstart or information i did not know of coming to light."

She said to the man before smiling reassuringly, the kind of look which told you everything was going to be fine in the end.

But for now, i have men to prepare, so, it is time for us to go. Good luck. I will send word to you as soon as i am able.

And with her final words, Ayakashi was gone, little more than a puff of wind left in her wake due to her incredible speed and grace as she failed to so much as disturb the dirt on which she was standing. One could have blinked to have her vanish before their eyes...

[exit thread.]

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Karumo listened into her words, about Akira and what would happen, he nodded along assuredly. She certainly seemed to have a good handle on things, but he wasn't much for assurances, he knew how the world worked and how things could turn on a dime at nearly any instant.

"But for now, i have men to prepare, so, it is time for us to go. Good luck. I will send word to you as soon as i am able."

And that was that, for Karumo who had men to prepare and so many other things to tend to in Iwa he knew he couldn't delay either. Then with blinding speed she was gone before his eyes, the great Mizukage in all her glory had seemingly vanished in that instant. Karumo exhaled into a small sigh and let his eyes wander up into the night sky for a brief moment.

That was it for him as well, he turned quickly and dashed off in the opposite direction and headed for the village gate, and a long journey back to his own village. Thinking upon the squads and force he would send, what targets were worthy and all else, that could wait for the time being. He had a long journey back home.

[213 words, 4774 words total]
[Exit Thread]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.