You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
[OOC: You only need 3 posts to count? So just exit when you have your requirement, I'm gonna be using this thread to train elements and such up xD And filling you in on all the happenings! (Lots of fluff really)]

Karumo sent summons that morning to Harichimo, deciding that he would like to inform him personally of the events that had endured the last week. Sitting in the Kage's office, at Akira's chair and out of the window towards the village, everything so quite in that moment. Not even the birds chirping and flying their flocks over the village, a small mist set in to masquerade the setting sun. Hues of orange and yellow painted across the sky with the cloudy mist, how ironic that the same mist would have followed him all the way into the village from Kirigakure no Sato. He thought back to the events of the last week,

Receiving his message to speed off to Kiri and to find everything out, even now the same file which was his undoing was sitting in the top drawer or the desk, of course he would wait til Harichimo would arrive before he labeled out the full story. Wondering how he would take the news, if he hadn't already heard it of course. He'd met with the Daimyo, his judgement passed down and things about to change. But how quickly will news of everything had spread? Would the village already be in the know, the word of their former Tsuchikage leaving would spread like proverbial wildfire, across the country and then soon across the world.

It would be Karumo's job to keep the turmoil down to a minimum, chaos and panic would be just inviting foreign legions to attack and try their hands at claiming the village. That, above all things, could not happen under any circumstances. Even if Akira were branded a criminal and hunted down, festering away from everything Karumo hoped to accomplish, the village would need to survive on with little delay.

For all of Akira's trust and mentorship, he had again put him on the fast track, making him temporary Kage in his absence and then trusting him with the information and insight to pressure him into the position. It honestly hadn't been much a thought up until recently, his mind was running at a thousand kilometers per hour right now, so much so that he couldn't even make his normal clever and witty observations of the world. His time with the Daimyo and the village elders had been nothing more than anxiously holding onto their words, not leading on and interpreting like he so often did.

Karumo kicked his legs up against the window ledge and took a sip of the whiskey he had poured for himself, lightly sipping it. On the desk would rest the Kage hat and his weapons scattered to the wall to his right. Sipping away and lost in his thoughts, he would wait for Harichimo to arrive, the fact that Karumo summoned him to the Kage's office would certainly be an interesting point. If he knocked then Karumo would speak up and yell to the door behind him, "Come on in!" Depending on if he entered or just burst in without knocking Karumo would wait a second and then ask him to take a seat before speaking up, "Well Harichimo, things have changed..." he would say before spending back in the chair to face him.

[545 words]

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
Early morning rolled upon the village of stone. The sun painting the sky red and orange as the dark melted away. Harichimo had just finished up early working away at his chores cleaning the hallways of the clinic. He returned to his room to his wash basin to clean up. Splashing the cold water on his face to help him wake up fully. He looked to the mirror as he tied back his hair and foud his bandage roll. This morning felt like the rest of his ninja career as he wrapped his forearms like he always had. With one final pull he was satisfied with his work. When he finally put on his undershirt he heard a tapping at his window. He would open to find a young Oracle member from the party outside his window. "Harichimo Kazako, you are being asked to please go to the Tsuchikage's office for a meeting with Karumo Fantomusado as soon as possible. He says there are things that need to be discussed." "I'll be sure to head over there right away thank you." With that Harichimo would grab his jacket making sure his senbons were in place before throwing it on and quickly exiting the clinic waving good bye to his mother and father in the main lobby.

Harichimo kept up a good pace walking through the misty morning of the village. A few neon signs from the bars still  alight to guide his through the shrouded streets. Now what in the heck could Karumo be on about? Why would he need to speak with me about something in Akira-sensei's office instead of the clinic or a bar? But how important could it be that he had to ask for me and not keep it amongst his Oracle comrades? I have a very bad feeling about this. Harichimo quickened his pace as he reached the center square and was nearing the administration building. He could see the fog start to clear away and the tower of the building reaching high above and into the bleeding sky.

Harichimo entered the administration building and it seemed almost empty with the front desk secretary probably out getting their coffee for the morning. He knew the way to go on his own. Up a couple stairs and down the main hallway as he neared the door to his sensei's office. When he reached the door he almost paused for a second with anticipation but he knocked to let Karumo know he was there. Karumo asked him to enter as he opened the door and saw Karumo sitting in his sensei's chair. Karumo would make his serious statement as Harichimo would close the door behind him and look back to his friend. "I would think something has happened if you think its appropriate to be sitting in Akira-sensei's chair. What is this all about Karumo?" Harichimo would pull up the empty chair opposite the desk and face his friend.

500/500

Last edited by Harichimo on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Harichimo entered the room and closed the door behind him, Karumo sighed heavily, his mood taking a volatile change. He knew what was coming and what had to be said, and yet he was glad for his friend, he would be relying on him far more now than ever before. "I would think something has happened if you think its appropriate to be sitting in Akira-sensei's chair. What is this all about Karumo?" he spoke as he walked to the chair across from him and took a seat. A small chuckle broke across Karumo's face, breaking the serious connection and lost in thought demeanor he would have had upon entering. It wasn't so much a joke, but he found it funny, some part of it. Maybe it was the irony of the comment, questioning him and making the observation that 'something' had happened, but how little did he know and how much was about to change.

It dawned on Karumo though, still in his ANBU armor, black shirt and pants underneath, still dirty and worn out from his journey to Kirigakure no Sato. After arriving back in the late hours of last night and spending it in the lobby of the Daimyo's office only to sleep the hours away and wait for an emergency meeting, he hadn't even had time to go home and change. Instead resuming command and beginning to file away the necessary information and preparing to alert the general public. The whiskey helped a bit, the heavy taste of oak and bitter after taste would draw his thoughts to a point at every sip. Otherwise his mind would be liable to wander away while he watched the sun rise, and progressively fade throughout the day as he alerted different members and thought through a plan of action to transition.

Of course, of those, he thought he should notify the Kazako clan of their... well now absent member, and who better than one of Tsuyo's.... no, Akira's former students and Karumo's friend. A heavy exhale in the form of a sigh, his eyes wandered to the drink on his desk and not towards Harichimo, his body language clear that he was out of his mind at the moment. "As I said, things have changed, the world isn't like you knew it before..." he would add on, his stare to nothingness unwavering. A short pause as he thought about where to go next was tough, a question of whether he should just have it all out there or not, like a bandage, probably just best to rip it off all at once.

"I'll make my point and such, but save your questions for the end, no doubt I have a lot of ground to cover...." he would add on and let his eyes wander to Harichimo's to check his expression. It didn't matter though, whether he tried to intervene or question it, any part of it all Karumo would ignore and begin to go on his tale.

"I've been gone... was gone, out of the village for nearly a week. It took three days to get to Kirigakure no Sato, and the journey back around three and a half days. Fatigue catching up and such, I'd hate to admit that even I'm not the most disciplined person in the village or carry any great physical prowess.... but I spent maybe two hours inside that village."

"You see, I got a rather blatant and worrisome letter from Ts--- Lord Akira that I should head to Kirigakure no Sato immediately. I followed orders, went and gathered my things, the ANBU armor I'm still wearing even now, and made my way there. I found him in the penthouse of a near empty hotel in the village, and I... was confronted with some very heavy truths."

"I'll keep it short and leave it at the basics, but Akira Kazako isn't real. Akira is real, he's a real person, but he's not who he says he was. His real name, is Tsuyo Hyuga, and he's formerly a ninja of Konohagakure no Sato. I got a file detailing his history and life leading up to arriving in Iwagakure no Sato and how he came to be the Tsuchikage and all. I delivered that file to the Daimyo even though I'd wish to have burnt it on the spot. You see the fact of the matter is, now that he's revealed himself, and his origin, he can't be the Tsuchikage, not that he ever intended to return anyways..."

"But that much should be obvious, but he summoned me to impart this truth and then give me the file to turn him in and set the country to his standard. In the process, he also said that I should succeed him as Tsuchikage, the Daimyo agreed. Loyalty and understanding above all else and such..." he left a trail on. He wasn't going to mention the Daimyo pondering over banishing him from Tsuchi no Kuni as a whole, or the thought of even branding him a criminal and putting a bounty on his head. Those details and transgressions, should they arise, would be dealt with later on and... well to be honest Karumo cringed at the thought of putting a hit out on his former mentor.

"So, starting today, I suppose I'll be the new Tsuchikage. There's a lot to do and ground to cover, transitioning the village and ensuring that panic doesn't break out is key. I... told him that I would do my best to avoid a situation where the Daimyo calls for his head, but if the public becomes unraveled at the cause of a foreigner rising to power. Riots, violence, extreme nationalism, all of it could be a problem and if other nations get word of it, then we have potential wars and battles in our own nation to deal with..." he lead on about the seriousness of the subject. No doubt, Harichimo would be hit with an overwhelming bit of information here, the loss of a mentor and the truth behind it all, at least the necessary truth. But Karumo had to make him understand that far more was at stake here, the village couldn't pause to mourn or question the decision and come to some moral and ethical understanding of it all. Things had to continue on uninterrupted, it was the way of the world after all.

"Beyond that, I hope that I can count on you for support, and have someone at my side who I can trust and guide me in making decisions.... Not that I can't trust the other members of the village. Fukai is great, a great warrior and a great friend, but he carries and ideology and demeanor about himself that makes him far more suited to be in the ANBU. I know I can count on them all, but you are a symbol of Iwagakure and you carry Akira's will far more than I do, you were a much closer student to him and you share the same talents and all..." his thoughts were running again, he was rambling tangent to the point and needed to get back on track.

"Anyway, that's where things stand at the moment. I'm sure there will be some clan business to deal with, which is why I'm telling you personally instead of letting you find out about it on the streets..." he would grab the drink in front of him and down the rest of it in one gulp while he stood up. "Once we clear things up and get the village transitioned, you're free to seek him out if you'd like. From what I understand things between Kirigakure no Sato and Kumogakure no Sato are still a bit volatile. Hopefully that will subside soon... Want one?" Karumo would raise the glass slightly at the end of his sentence offering him a drink of his own if he wanted.

If Harichimo would accept, he would pour him one with a few blocks of ice in it and bring it to him at the desk. If he declined, Karumo would just pour two drinks into his own and return to take a seat.

[1399 words, 1944 words total]

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
Harichimo sat in wonder as Karumo seemed to be lost in his thought. A small chuckle from the comment made Harichimo at least aware that Karumo was mentally here. He could see a bit of dirt and staining on Karumo's armor which made him a bit annoyed as to make his sensei's chair dirty with his return being only a matter of time. But it didn't add up as Karumo was alwas one that seemed to respect Akira as much as he had. Harichimo would look out to see more of the sun start to bleed through the slots of the window blinds. Some light would flood the room but only with the orange tinge of the morning sky. He looked back to see the whiskey on the side of the desk nearest Karumo. Nothing unusual so far but something kept clawing at the his insides as he waited to hear what was happening.

It seemed to be an eternity of silence as Karumo tried to gather whatever scattered ideas were running in his head. Karumo would not even make eye contact with him but Harichimo tried to keep himself calm even with his nerves starting to jitter his leg. Finally some acknowledgement asking him to just listen which Harichimo would nod and let his friend finally spill whatever he was holding up inside. This meeting had to carry a very immense weight if all this build up was necessary. Karumo went on to explain his ordeal. The week of disappearance to visit Kiri. A place neither one of them had been and to just go blindly on the whim of Akira was something either one of them would have done. Besides Akira still thought Harichimo as missing in action so all that weight on Karumo's shoulders was a lot to carry. Then the strike of the right hammer shattered the warmth of the room. What horrible truth.

The man that Harichimo had known as his mentor and sensei was not who he really was. Apparently some missing shinobi from the Hyuga clan. Not even a Kazako. The man that had brought resolve back into the clan was no more then an alias to bring himself to power. And where was this supposed file? Harichimo wanted nothing more then to see this for himself and read if these allegations were as true as Karumo seemed them to be. But how would that happen now that file was in the office of the Daimyo? Harichimo's nerves started to get the best of him as his leg seemed to start jittering more as he watched the man he idolized be shattered in his mind. He would let his head fall onto his right hand that was just propped on the arm of the chair so his hand would cover from his brow and all of his face.

Karumo would continue on about becoming the new Tsuchikhae but it didn't resonate to Harichimo as thoughts ran through his head. Was it all true? The man that had taught him so much and trusted him with very important missions was just an illusion. Karumo would run down the list of things he was now going to be responsible for and Harichimo would pick a few out of the words as they blended together. He closed his eyes and just listened as he wanted his mind to see the face of his sensei one last time. He remembered their time of working with the last of Akira's teachings as Harichimo had mastered the praying mantis technqiue and flawlessly caught a fish from below the waterfall's surface. The amount of pride he felt as he held the fish high and saw a smile across the face of his sensei as he released the fish back to the water. He let the technique fall and remembered his body locking up from the jutsu as he let himself descend into the water. One of the last fond memories he had as he floated on the surface and his senei playfully pushed him under the cool refreshing water and disappeared when Harichimo resurfaced.

When he returned to full attention Karumo was on the point of why he needed Harichimo at this point in time. Commenting on how Fukai was more of just a strategist and more fit of an Anbu agent. Then comparing Harichimo to a symbol as if he was Akira's gift or last good deed to the people of the village. Harichimo was here with the ideas of working towards the better of the village, but he was not his sensei. He could not make the hard calls that would affect the lives of the village. Which is why Akira probably handed down the position to Karumo instead of Nanashi or one of his other advisors to take his place. Karumo had done his a favor by telling him straight rather than letting the news reach him by other mouths and letting them sully his teachers name even further. Karumo would finish his drink and get up giving Harichimo permission to seek out his sensei after some tensions in the other villages had settled and tensions were drawn down in Iwa itself.

Karumo offered Harichimo a drink but now wasn't the time in his mind so he respectfully just waved the question. He would watch Karumo pour himself two drinks and return to his seat before he would say something. "So now then? If this is all true then when everything goes into question and my sensei's true self is revealed then I may been seen as either a last gift to the people or a final reminder of the man who hid behind a false identity. I am sure the elders of the clan won't care any but what do I know. Anyone who isn't an elder or from a direct branch gets no opportunity to sit in on an elder meeting without being the subject of the meeting. This may just cause a stir or witch hunt for whichever elder allowed him to forge an identity under our name and take power. Did he give any reason as to why he had to do this all? A reason as to why he had to lie and forge a new name instead of just becoming a resident of the village and taking power under his own name?"

1074/1574

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Two drinks for himself then, it was clear that Harichimo was a bit distressed by the news. The topic of it all was a lot to bear and a lot to deal with, even for Karumo who still wasn't entirely sure how to handle it. It was probably appropriate for him to not be drinking, to take things as they came but it was of little solace regardless. Taking his seat again, he listened to Harichimo begin to question it all, trying to make sense of it all. From what Karumo thought to the subject of his clan to wanting a reason for it all, still unable to make eye contact, Karumo would take a heavy gulp of the drink as he thought through it.

"A reason huh?" he set the glass down and stood up, towards the window, looking out on the village. All the people, they were his burden to lead now, to protect and to nurture into the next generation and to take his place some day. It was calming though, the village beginning to shut down as the sun set, the streets emptying, the chirping of the birds slowing down, and the breeze from the mountains beginning to get a bit colder. It would all re-affirm his actions, he had to act in the best interests of the village, wondering about whether he could tell Harichimo the full truth straight from the file haunted him for that brief moment.

"I don't know if there was a reason.. is a reason. He was a missing ninja from Konohagakure, entering a foreign nation is a dangerous prospect. It may have been as simple as protecting himself..." the details of his defection were never vocalized by Karumo. In some sense, he hadn't wanted to tell Harichimo much about it all. Genuine in notion that he should go and seek out Akira once things settled out, to find the truth for himself and ask whatever questions he may have, and gain some closure from his former sensei. Losing someone precious and finding out it was all a lie is a tough pill to swallow, it would certainly make Harichimo stronger at the end of it, but he was hoping that he could avoid some dark paths that lead from the depression and questioning of it. To find out that even your sensei could be a lie; leads to dangerous ideology and he wanted to avoid that scenario for Harichimo.

Karumo's thought was that if he could seek out Akira and find the genuinuity to his apology and feelings about it all, then it might lead to some closure, pointing him in a direction that he himself was fighting to avoid as well. "I don't think anyone in the village will brand you as the after image of a traitor, he was well like in the village. I don't know that there will be much outrage outside of the elders of the village, much less wanting to hunt down his students. Besides, you're from the village the same as I am, you carry on the fortitude of the Stone as much as anyone else..." Karumo spoke on. He doubted that his words would have much comfort in this situations, too many things up in the air and not enough answers to calm any worries. At least not answers that Karumo was ready to give him at this time.

"The clan bit is a problem I resonate with, if it's a matter of over turning over leadership, I can meet with them and convince them of my merit? If it's gonna be a witch hunt for his head, then we'll have an upward hill in an ideological battle to traverse..." truthfully, the elders of clans and old people stuck in their ways could pose quite a problem. Maybe it would be something that Harichimo could handle? He wondered about his stance in the clan, he knew that he worked heavily in the clinic but where did that put him in the hierarchy?

"Where do you stand with the clan though? Can you get in on those meetings and perhaps sway their decision towards apathy rather than anger?" he would ask rather bluntly, turning from the window towards him with his question. He had no time to worry about details, the village needed to run, consoling a struggling friend was one thing that Karumo would have to worry about, but as the Tsuchikage, he needed to guarantee and prepare for any and all scenarios.

[762 words, 2706 words total]

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
After his questions he watched as Karumo got up and just looked out onto the village. Seeming to ponder what he should be saying next to try and prevent a total meltdown. A huge change made so suddenly was surly a heavy weight on his shoulders. But Harichimo's mind was buried on his sensei. He had to know what was keeping him from ever returning. But what Karumo had told him just left him full of more question. Karumo had seen the file and knows the reasons behind all of this. Harichimo wanted this badly. But he could forgive Karumo for trying to keep whatever blows he may have on his sensei to a minimum as he hunched over and held his head in his hand. He had to keep his composure, he had never lost his cool yet and he knew in some part of his mind that he needs to stay strong for his friend with everything that is about to happen.

Karumo tried to appeal to Harichimo with assurance that he would not be looked upon in the negative light for his sensei's actions. He was all that was left of the fabled squad one. The premier taijutsu up and comers taught by the greatest in the region. His squad mates had been missing for the longest time and he only assumed they had just cut ties or left entirely leaving him the last student of the former Tsuchikage.

Karumo would try to strike his resonence with the clan issues. He had been the head of the Fantomusados and seemed to lead them on strong enough. But that wasn't the way of the Kazako who's elder had councils to decide matters of the clan. Harichimo could almost scoff the question since there were no others from his clan even active now. But he had to make sure Karumo had his information to avoid any conflicts with them. "I would not worry about them accepting you. You had held up our clans peace for so long even at your young age. Even so now after I talked with Fukai, the new leader seems to want to keep peace as well and not trifle with us. So you should be fine in their eyes. I do not think the elders will want to stir up trouble unless someone higher up wants to throw them under the cart for letting him take the name. If worse comes to worse then the higher council will question every elder that is alive and see if they can dig up who was responsible. They can handle it themselves." He wasn't one to involved in his clan working but he had spent time around a couple elders in his clinic training was always questioning what happened behind the solid doors or iron when matters had to be discussed.

Harichimo heard him turn around from the window so he looked up to his friend as karumo pried more into the workings of the clan elders and his place amongst them. If he had any push or pull was irrelevant in his mind with how low his branch had been. "My branch is one of the lowest but one of my elders does have a direct lineage to one of the three brothers. After my mother married my no name of a father then my direct family had become lesser of the branch. But I am now the only active shinobi from the clan so my value to the elders may just go up. They will need someone that can keep them in the loop for village happening. I am sure if I talked to the right elder then I could request the audience or ask him to bring forward the issue. The branch that is home to most of our taijutsu trained members is to the far east. And even then they don't have any active shinobi or would be shinobi. I am the best of the clan even if I am only Chunin at this moment. So would you like for me to make sure and have the elders personally guarantee you what I have said?" Harichimo would just sit straight up and look to his friend as the talk was distracting him from his nerves and bringing him down to a better sense of what is and what is going to happen.

735/2309

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Karumo listened to his attempt to quell his worries, for what little good it would do. Perhaps it was a bit of paranoia and some stress from the affairs from his own clan, but for all the confidence that Harichimo placed in his own clan, it didn't convince Karumo. The minds of the elderly stuck in their ways and the bigotry and hatred at being slighted, it was an ideology that always created problems and led to the worse. Karumo was certain though that they could handle it themselves, the problem was more so how they handle it...

But he also wasn't sure how far he should intervene, the village should intervene. His experience with his own clan proved that apathy was no way of handling it and that ignoring the problem as if nothing was wrong would lead to disaster, that was should something truly come about from it all. He supposed that only time would tell to see where everything would go, for now he would just have to wait and see.

Next, he listened as he covered his stance with the clan and such, a bit lower in the actual hierarchy than he had hoped or imagined that Harichimo was, but being the only Kazako member in the village's service did buy him quite a bit of sway. At least more so than his base level, but that was besides the point, Karumo had a decision to make, to thrust Harichimo between the village and the clan. Putting the two sides at odds, if even superficially at that. Karumo made his way back towards his seat at the desk, speaking while he did so.

"No, no. The village is united until it isn't. I won't go barging around and kicking in doors for guarantees of loyalty. I'll earn it through my actions over time, we're a village and I'm its leader, not its dictator. For now though, if you catch word of anything just let me know. Otherwise, it's business as usual if that's alright with you?" he took his seat and reclined a bit.

In his right hand he took his glass and swirled it a bit, a thought crossed his mind causing him to chuckle just a bit. He took a small sip and sighed an exhale afterwards, feeling a bit of the burn against his throat, "I'm starting to feel old, Harichimo. Still too young to be Tsuchikage though, I'm thinking I maybe should have found a girlfriend before getting involved in all of this..." he continued chuckling at the thought. It was a stupid thought given everything else, but he found it funny nonetheless, the irony of feeling old but still too young for the job, it was all ironic.

[469 words, 3175 words total]

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
Karumo would go back to his seat as he spoke. Karumo already had his plan of action. He was ready to prove himself to eh village that he was ready to step up and take on the responsibility. He gave his order down to Harichimo with the request to keep him informed if things do stir up in the Kazako clan. "If that is what you want then I will keep you as informed as I can. Don't expect a lot but enough to know if anything is going to happen on a big scale." If Harcihimo could play his cards right with the elders then he might even be able to give his branch some more weight in the clan. Their single elder of direct decent would not be enough to hold weight if any council would take place. Harichimo would have to move his future plans into action. He would have to quickly obtain his ANBU spot and catapult himself into the good graces. He hated such diplomatic games but now that his sensei was gone the village needed its own Kazako to rise again.

The two just seemed to sit there as Harichimo lost himself in thought and  Karumo drinking his alcohol while the heavy air of the room seemed to disappear from around then. Harichimo would just calmly breathe letting his nerves come to a halt for now as he waited for his friend to say anything to break the silence. Karumo would make his wise crack about feeling old for his age now having to take on such a huge responsibility. "Well my friend you seem to have the knack for having taken huge challenges. Ex-leader of the Fantomusados, headmaster of the University, captain of the Oracles division if you plan to keep those titles, and now Tsuchikage. You have more experience then most people twice our age. I trust in my sensei's and the daimyo's judgement that you will be a good leader for us and unite Iwagakure under the goal we have been working for since our clans agreed to work together. Now I can't help you on the other part. If you couldn't find a nice girl that enjoys crazy eyes then you might be doomed." Harichimo would just chuckle to himself at the last comment before continuing on "Is there anything else we should discuss at this time or would you like to go get some sort of rest before everything gets out of hand?"

420/2729

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Not to expect much, if only that were so, for whatever reason his expectations had been jumping up the more and more he acclimated to his new position. "That's fine, I really don't need to know anything unless they start planning a coup..." his eyes would wander off for a second as his thoughts wandered back to his failed ventures. "Even then, I'm sure you'll be heavily involved if it comes to that, given that you're the only active ninja." he continued on, a slight pause as they just sat there.

For a moment, it almost felt like the two of them were getting used to their new position, Karumo always just slightly ahead of Harichimo, making it to the ANBU and such, but up to this point. Karumo had never really been above him or in charge of him at all, but that was changing. For a moment he would let his mind focus in on the idea of not only guiding Harichimo, but also using him to keep him grounded if he could, to helping raise up another generation of Iwagakure ninja and protecting the village. But beyond that, he was also responsible now for Harichimo, assigning him to missions and jobs, his life was now in his hands, and his death in action would be his fault. It was a daunting thought along, something he might never truly adjust to if he had to be frank.

Harichimo responded to his little comment by pointing out his ambitions and rise through the ranks, not wrong in the slightest. He always aimed high even though he might not have been prepared but did his best to take everything in stride, whether or not it actually turned out that way was another story. Continuing on to give a statement of his trust, he appreciated the sentiment from a friend, he only hoped that he could reach the expectations that his trust gave, even getting close to the weight of being in charge was a monumental task on its own. Karumo chuckled a bit more and swirled his drink, "Yeah, maybe I'll just have to find one with as crazy eyes as mine and then we'll be even..." he spoke with a sigh and held his chuckle up to taking another drink and setting the glass down.

"Is there anything else we should discuss at this time or would you like to go get some sort of rest before everything gets out of hand?" Harichimo went on to add. Karumo exhaled and started to think, there were probably a hundred different things that he could mention or bring up, but none of it coming to mind. Instead he found another point so auxiliary to everything going on that it would be a bit out of place.

"Yeah, how's your schedule look for the next few days? I need to get some Taijutsu training in..." he smiled a bit as he spoke. "You did learn from the best after all..." he continued on and would wait for a response, a bit of sentimentality in his words.

[522 words, 3697 words total]

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
Karumo would ask his question and Harichimo would have to think for a bit. Depending on how long it took him to get things together he might be able to squeeze the time for training and teaching. "I think I might be able to clear something up and reserve a day or two depending when you can get away from the desk. But warning that taijutsu is about the physical and martial arts. You may be aching and hurting all over if you want to learn enough to become as proficient as me. And you will have to keep your weapons as sharp as can be. Then if you aren't to tired how bout we make a trade and you teach me more about ninjutsu. I have the knack for medical ninjutsu but that doesn't allow me to make fireballs or mountains from nothing. That sound like a plan to you?"

Harichimo would let his friend answer before getting up. He would give a bow to show some formality. Something about it didn't seem to sit right with him but Karumo was to be the new Tsuchikage so he would have to be used to it out in public or in front of important guests.
"So with your leave my friend I should be getting out of here and make the necessary preparations and keep the damage control to a minimum at the clinic. Also in the next couple of days I will be giving you my papers to become a special jounin of the village and I will be finally joining the ANBU ranks as the second of the Six Monoliths. Just to give you a heads up on all that paperwork. And lastly not just as a favor to me as a friend but as a request to my Tsuchikage, once things in Kumogakure die down and any of the ANBU catch wind of my sensei's whereabouts, I would appreciate to hear about it as well so I may seek him out. A lot to ask for but I will need to get my own form of closure to this whole train wreck of events." Harichimo would get up from his bow and look to his friend with a renewed sense of pride in the village knowing it was going into the capable hands of his friend. But would Karumo be able to oblige by his request> Harichimo had to hope that it wouldn't be to much trouble since Harichimo may be an ANBU member by the time Karumo actually does hear anything more about his sensei's location.

436/

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Karumo waited in, a dumb smile across his face as Harichimo confirmed that he would have some free time. As if he would have to doubt at all Karumo's ability to get out of work and get some training in, or really to squeeze in anything that wasn't desk work. But it all sounded good to him, teaching ninjutsu would be little more than an afterthought, trading some Taijutsu training for a bit of ninjutsu training, each of their respective focuses and where their greatest prowess lied. He would smile at the notion, "Oh, you don't have to worry about me being too sore, I think I can keep up with you, but I'm worried you'll be too worn out to handle learning some ninjutsu. Sounds good to me though..." he led on, the sarcasm on his voice beyond obvious.

Harichimo stood up and gave a short bow, Karumo standing back up with him, his eyes watching the gesture carefully. He spoke up, preparing to make his departure and giving him the heads up on his upcoming moves. Special Jounin and a member of the monoliths, huh? He smiled at the thought, questioning, Who's the one taking the fancy titles and responsibility now? And leaving with a small bit about going to Kirigakure no Sato. Karumo nodded to it all, "Of course, I'd never restrict you from seeking him out. Yuurei Jet and Suutei Kimura are still in country with him, when I catch wind of their return, I'll use it as a sign that things have died down, and you can search him out then, if that works?"

He would leave time for him to respond, question it even, if he desired to. Awaiting his exit, Karumo would chime in again, "You sure I can't offer you that drink though?" he would say with a bit of a chuckle, he anticipated the answer to it to some degree, but on the off chance...

When Harichimo would make his exit, headed to the door, Karumo would call out with one last bit of advice, "Harichimo!" he would pause as he would gather up his words, "Take care... everything will start to work out soon enough." he would offer as some consolement for everything. The loss of your sensei and false reality would certainly take no short toll on him as they days progressed, the anxiety of it all could lead to anger and rage if he didn't take it well. And if he did, then depression and worry were still a concern, Karumo certainly felt that much about it all.

[440 words, 4137 words total]
[Exit Thread]

Training:

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
Karumo had happily granted him what he had asked for, filling Harichimo with a sense of relief and a new found purpose. Now the right courses of action had to be set in motion so he could be ready for his plan. He had to make sure all of his paper work was in order and soon he would be joining the ranks of his friend and Fukai. Karumo would then make sure his friend wasn't just lying about not being thirsty. Harichimo would just chuckle along. "Yeah I am sure friend. But thank you for all this, now I must head back to the clinic and make the necessary preparations. Take care Karumo"

As Harichimo turned around to leave he heard Karumo shout ou this last words of encouragement which Harichimo had to pause and soak in the promise of a smooth transition into this new era for the village. Harichimo would continue out of the building looking out the doors of the lobby as the sun had finally come fully up from its resting place. The village glowed with a new day and soon a new time of challenges would come but Harichimo knew that they were ready for the times ahead and to forge on as the greatest village in the world. Harichimo left the building and started his way home. As he passed a pillar of the court yard, he saw his sensei's face upon a poster. The poster was just one highlighting the latest accomplishments of his sensei before he left. Harichimo could ffeel himself start to tear up but he stayed strong and just put a fist onto the page next to his sensei's image and thought to himself. Soon sensei I will come to you. I will have many questions but I must know that everything was not just a lie. Don't disappear for goodbefore I can find you, you hear me?" Harichimo would let his hand drop as he would continue back to the clinic and soon a new adventure would be starting for him as well.

EXIT THREAD

349/

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.