You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 2]

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
"Fishy, fishy, fishy, my fingers are not food... if you bite me I'll bite you!", Demi whispered to the fish within the pond she was seated beside in a sing-song type voice. In truth she shouldn't have been teasing the fish by wiggling her fingertips beneath the water's surface but that wasn't stopping her. No, not even after one of the fish had attempted to take a nibble out of her middle finger. Her fingertips still remained within the water, and still wiggled away in a teasing manner. Demi, sometimes, was just a glutton for punishment.

Of course, this was all stemming from the Malkavia being quite bored with herself. Her father, or rather the voice of his she heard within her head sometimes, had been quite quiet since she had come across her cousin and informed him that she was there within Kiri should he need any help. Since that day she hadn't heard from her father at all, not a single thought of his or cackle resonating throughout her mental space. It was quite lonely.

Lonely, she was lonely. Time to find her best friend: Strafe. When she was hanging out with Strafe she found herself unable to feel lonely - like he was the perfect cure to the emotions that had taken their toll on her ever since her father, her very village, had been destroyed. "Don't think about Kusa, Demi... you'll just get sad again.", she muttered to herself as she removed her fingertips from the water and stood up - just in time too since the fish were beginning to try and nibble on her flesh once more. She turned then, grabbing her shoulder bag in the process, and headed straight to Strafe's house in the compound. In typical Demi fashion she didn't bother to knock when she reached the large house, and in fact simply walked right in (if the door was unlocked that was). "Honey, I'm home!", she called out playfully, remembering the line from some late night, black and white, TV episode she had watched. It had seemed appropriate in this situation, so it was a thing. Thinking suddenly about Strafe's lion companion she called out a "Don't eat me Momaru.. I already had some fish try that today..."

Wordies: 381

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
Strafe sat on his comfy couch as he was relaxing. Today was one of the rare days he had to himself, and he was quite happy about it. Kaia was gone on a mission, which always kept Strafe a tad concerned, but otherwise he was good. He had been doing this for most of the day, as Momaru was inside the house keeping him company. Kaia had insisted she go alone this time, something about wanting to show everyone she was getting strong. She was, and he couldn't be prouder of his daughter. He was starting to get used to that. He would take another gulp of orange soda before looking over at Momaru. The lion looked as if he was on alert all the sudden. "Not to worry, it's just Demi." Strafe laughed as she walked straight in like she owned the joint. Classic Demi and one of the reasons she was a good friend of his.

He looked to the girl, smiling the whole time. "Hey! What you up to?" He spoke friendly as Momaru relaxed hearing the sound of Demi's voice. The poor feline was on high alert after the fiasco of Strafe's first few moments back in Kiri. "Kaia's on a mission, so stay and keep me company! Or, take me to do something fun!" He said in a voice that was starting to sound like his Daughter. Despite his position, he still had some kid inside of him. Demi always brought that joy out, so he was happy to see her. He couldn't wait for her to blurt out something. He expected nothing, as he wouldn't guess it anyway.

Word Count: 281

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
"Well, I was just playing with a pond of fish.. but then they decided my fingers looked quite appetizing.", Demi responded honestly, holding up her left hand while she did so to show the obvious bleeding bite on her finger - apparently, someone liked to keep some fish around that were quite vicious and whom had razor sharp teeth. It wasn't a wound that would cause her to bleed to death, but blood was currently trickling down from the bite along her finger and toward the palm of her hand. In classic Demi fashion though she simply looked at the wound with mild curiosity and amusement instead of annoyance or pain.

She wandered over, seating herself next to Strafe and figuring he'd likely give her finger some form of medical attention - he would care about it even if Demi seemed not to. "I don't know if you'd like my version of fun... I might make you climb a mountain with me, or go swimming with sharks, or something else incredibly dangerous.", Demi teased playfully. She would never purposely put Strafe in harms way - more so now because he had a daughter to take care of - but that had never stopped Demi from doing it to herself when she was alone and trying to cure her boredom. In fact, she was quite lucky the fish that had nibbled on her finger had been tiny, or she likely would have lost the thing entirely.

"I'll stay and keep you company! I was feeling lonely."

Wordies: 255 | 636

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
Demi responded with a story explained her hurt finger. Apparently fish eat Demi fingers, or something like that. Regardless, Strafe waited for her to sit before transferring a small amount of chakra to his right hand. He placed if above her finger, quickly healing the cut that she was referring to. She was probably expecting this considering Strafe has an obsession with healing people. She didn't mind pain either, so that meant she got injured a bit. He didn't mind though, it helped keep him sharp on his earlier healing techniques. Demi then mention she didn't know if Strafe would enjoy her type of fun, which made him laugh. She did have an odd sense of the world, but it was refreshing to Strafe. Too many egotistical uptight jerks and not enough people just being them.

She then said she would stay and keep him company, to which he smiled with brightly. His jutsu was done and her finger was good as new. "I hope you will try to not feed the fish your fingers in the future." He said realizing how funny it must have sounded. He had to chuckle at himself on that one. Momaru decided to walk over to plop down on the floor beside Demi. The great thing about having a big house was having lots of room for Momaru. Strafe couldn't help but smile as two of his best friends were also close. It made her family, and he hoped she knew that. Anywho, she wasn't the type to get sentimental. He let his mind focus on her as he waited for her to speak.

Word Count: 556

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
Just as she thought he would Strafe healed her finger after she had seated herself next to him. She watched with mild curiosity: she rather enjoyed watching this part. Demi herself had no skills with medical ninjutsu, and no real intention of learning it considering her more than crazy mentality, but that didn't mean she didn't find the skills fascinating to watch. Especially when it was Strafe healing her own wounds - however silly her wounds had been to acquire in the first place.

"I suppose I can try and restrain myself in the future... no promises though. Just be happy I didn't decide to find a shark and play with it to cure my boredom.", Demi said with a playful smile. It was indeed a good thing - and not exactly something she would have been afraid to do considering those of the Malkavia clan had a hard time feeling rational fear.

Her attention shifted then to Momaru, her violet colored gaze resting upon the great lion before she reached over and lightly scratched around his ears. "Hello Momaru.", she said in greeting. Her attention then shifted once more to Strafe as she leaned against him while getting comfortable on the couch: totally ignoring Strafe's personal space as per usual for her. "So... what should we do today since Kaia is busy?" She felt like perhaps it was better that he decide what they should do rather than her doing that task for them - she'd likely try and take them cliff diving, or deep sea diving, or perhaps even suggest they do go find a shark and fight it... Yes, definitely a better idea all around if he picked something for them to do even if it was nothing more than lazing around and watching some television or reading a book.

Wordies: 305 | 941

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
Demi's response was usual Malkavian rationality. He expected nothing less of the woman, as she was quite lovely despite her clans reputation. He remember the days when Kusagakure was around and ran by a malkavian. He couldn't help but smile at the idea that ended up being so close to her. "I suppose your right. It could have been much worse. Just make sure you always come to me for healing. It keeps me on my toes." He said as he admitted the truth. Between all his training, having a new daughter, fighting the enemy, and his other duties as a Swordsmen and Sannin, he didn't have time to go to the hospital and work. He needed to make sure he did that soon.

Her attention turned to Momaru as she hello to the giant animal. "Hello hun. Most people don't speak when they approach me, it's nice." He admitted to her. He loved Demi's lack of fear and ferocious anger. It was a person he could go to when he wanted to let go. Strafe was like a son, so he couldn't see the wild side. Demi showed him some attention before proceeding to completely use Strafe for a pillow. He accepted it as if nothing happened, adjusting his to rest on the top of the couch. She asked what the plans for the day were since Kaia was busy, and he hadn't thought about it. "Well, I was either going to sit around, or train. But now that your here, maybe we should go look for something to do! Maybe go look at some armor for all three of us?" He said knowing good and well that he had the money necessary to make it happen. He was rewarded for all his work in the medical field of Kiri, and for that he was grateful.

Wordcount: 871

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
At Strafe's comment about making sure she always came to him for healing she couldn't help but grin a bit. "To be honest with you, Strafe, you're the only person I would trust to come to for healing... I might not be a medic, but I know those techniques can go horribly wrong if not done right. I trust you to know what you're doing, not so much anyone else." It was a moment of lucidity, of honesty, and she meant every word of it. There was no one else at that moment in time that came across her mind that she would trust with the task of healing her - at least not with medical techniques. Basic first aide was one thing, using healing chakra was entirely something different.

To Momaru she would tilt her head, frowning slightly at his words. She didn't like that people didn't say hello to him, he was quite a nice lion in her opinion. "Well shame on them... you're quite a nice lion, Momaru. I'm sure Kaia would agree too if she were here."

Once more her attention would shift, this time back onto Strafe (yay Malkavian attention span!) and she would smile once again - she just found herself unable to keep a frown on her face when he was around. "Armor sounds good... it would save me from having to find a flesh-bag shield if a fight breaks out.... more portable, that's for sure. Less messy too." She wasn't.. entirely joking, unfortunately. It was not beyond Demi to use an enemy as a shield against another enemies attack. Not exactly the easiest tactic, but it fucked with the enemy in mental ways that caused a great deal of psyche harm. Effective for her personal method of fighting since she didn't rely heavily on a lot of movement or physical based attacks. "I suppose that means I have to get up though... and I'm feeling quite comfortable at the moment.", she added the last bit with a soft and playful whine to her voice.

Wordies: 345 | 1,286

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
Nothing made Strafe happier than to hear he was someone's first choice. It may have been vain, but he didn't care. He could admit at the very least. A genuine smile grew on his face as she talked about trusting him and no one else. "Thanks Demi, it means a lot." He spoke kindly before she talked to Momaru. The lion nuzzled her leg in thanks. Demi and Kaia were just two additions to a family that was starting to grow. He loved both of them equally and would fight for them just like Strafe. The Sannin would have it no other way.

Demi then switched back to Strafe, liking the idea of armor so she didn't have to use a human shield. Strafe chuckled a bit, knowing she didn't mean it in a gross way, just an honest expression. She also commented on being comfortable at the moment. Strafe could take a hint, so he nodded before speaking. "We can wait till whenever you're ready. With all that's happening right now, I think it's best if I look for Kaia some armor as well. That way all three of us will be protected." He had the ryo for it, and his daughter's safety was top priority. He would relax into the couch, enjoying the time with loved ones. It was nice to relax, even if there was crazy assassins on the loose. He knew none of them would dare show up at his home.

Word Count: 1124

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
Demi nodded a bit to Strafe's words as she contemplated everything she knew to be going on. Things were.. dangerous. In a way. Okay, in a lot of ways, but danger was not something that ever bothered Demi. She was incapable really of feeling fear for herself, but that didn't stop her from feeling the fear of losing others. She cared of Momaru, Kaia, and Strafe.... in fact, that brought up another thought.

Tell him, dear... If you don't tell him he'll never know. Came her father's voice suddenly in her head which caused her to frown inwardly. Apparently he had been listening to her inner dialog.

But what if he doesn't feel the same way about me? He could end up feeling too awkward around me to want to be my friend anymore!, she nearly yelled mentally toward the mental direction her father's voice had come from.

Perhaps.. but I think you'll be surprised chylde.

Fine.

"Strafe.. there's something I need to tell you. I like you. I mean, I like you. Like... I'm attracted to you? I love you. That kind of thing. I just kind of wanted you to know. I mean... more than just a friend, ya know?" she explained. When she went silent she bit her bottom lip, not knowing what else to say. It was an odd day when a Malkavian became awkward feeling, but sure enough she was. She didn't know how he was going to handle her outburst, or what he'd think about what she just said, but she hoped it didn't destroy their friendship. She also wondered how Momaru was going to think about it... He was a lion giant enough to eat her in two bites after all if she broke Strafe's heart.

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
She would simply nod, seemingly already in deep thought. Strafe looked, not recognizing this expression. She seemed worried about something, which was not normal for her. She would take a few moments before speaking, an obvious change of mood from their previous topic. Strafe couldn't help but be a tad nervous. As she spoke, he couldn't help but be a bit shocked. Considering he had just been with a man, this was probably pretty hard for her. After the initial shock wore off, he face turned into a smile. Oddly, the idea of being with Demi was pleasant. He cared for her deeply and she was loyal. She was also beautiful and had a great personality that made him laugh. He would be lucky to be with someone like her. After Mitsuo, a woman didn't seem like a bad change of pace either.

"Demi...I know that was hard for you, and it's going to be hard for me too. I think I love you too, but I've never been with a female before, so this is all new."
He said trying to explain what was in his mind. "You a gorgeous and your hilarious. Any man would be dumb not to love you back. It's just going to take some adjusting on my part." He spoke honestly, realizing things as they spilled out of his mouth. Even with Mitsuo, he had a hard time articulating how he felt at times. Demi made Strafe feel at ease though, any nerves always came from a good place.

"Since we both like each other, I know this is gonna sound like a kid talking, but you want to go out? Like on a date?" He asked knowing that she would probably say yes. He wanted to see this though, he couldn't be stuck in the past forever.

Word Count: 1436

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
Demi bit her bottom lip, rather hard but at least not hard enough to cause herself to bleed, as she listened to Strafe begin to speak: her nerves were killing her. He said that he knew that admitting such had to be hard on her, that it was hard on him too, but that he thought he loved her too even though he had never been with a female before. Demi's heart, already beating rather swiftly, took off like a shot as if it had suddenly sprouted wings and became a little hummingbird. He loved her, too?! That was... well, beyond excellent, and totally unexpected.

A bright and happy grin spread wide across Demi's face, threatening to crack her cheeks from how wide it was.

Strafe went on to say that she was gorgeous and funny, and that any man would be dumb not to love her. He said it was going to take some adjusting to on his part, but she was more than willing to give him all the time he needed so that he was completely comfortable with everything. Before she could say anything he added on an idea of going on a date.

Demi giggled happily, unable to contain her excitement and sheer joy. She sat up, and reached over, hugging Strafe gently. Several seconds later she was jumping to her feet - very careful not to step on Momaru as she did so - and tugging on Strafe's hand to get him to stand up. She wouldn't have been capable of actually pulling him to her feet considering she lacked body strength at all - her mind was her strongest point - but she didn't figure he would resist. "A date sounds like an excellent idea! Come on! Let's go!~" She didn't really care where they went, so long as she was spending time with Strafe she would be happy. "Are you hungry? Or... maybe we should go shopping for that armor? Anything you want to do I'm game."

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
Her reaction was calming, as she really was amazing. She reached in to hug him, which he wrapped her up in a hug as well. She was gentle and giggling, which was a good thing when it came to Demi. His idea of a date seemed to be a good one, as Demi immediately jumped up and pulled him up to his feet. She said she didn't care what they did, and Strafe knew she just wanted to spend time together. He nodded with a smile. "We'll get food first. Then we can shop for the armor!" He said getting excited at the idea of getting some more protection for himself. He would need it for upcoming battles. Momaru got up walking out the overly large back door that came in and out of. "Let me know when you two are ready. I'm coming." The baritone rung out as content, but stern. Strafe knew that Momaru didn't like leaving him alone with what was going on, and now Demi and Kaia were the same to him. It was his family too and he would protect them. Instinct and all of that.

Strafe figured Demi knew Momaru enough by now to come to the same conclusion, so he didn't translate for the lion. "I'm ready when you are, Demi!" He said grabbing her hand and walking towards the door. Whether she was prepared or not, he was bring her with him out the door and over to Momaru. Once they both got settled on his back, The Lion would sprint off towards the marketplace. His speed was considerable and his senses was some of the best. It would only be a few minutes before they would arrive. "Okay love, pick where you want. I decided what we were doing, so you decide where!" He said knowing he would be fine with whatever she chose. He was just happy.

Word Count 323 + 1,436 = 1,759

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Kaia had been quite the busy child recently. While keeping within the lines that her father had set so that she didn't end up in any danger via the people her father had warned and told her about, she had been busy doing as many missions as she could get her hands on. Sure they were only D and C rank missions but they counted for something! Being an over-achiever sort of ran in her blood, plus she just liked being able to help out. Not that the ryo payment wasn't good on its own and all because it definitely was. - she was likely the richest ten year old in the entire village at that moment. In fact, at that very moment her pockets were quite heavy with coin and paper just begging to be be spent somewhere. Considering the child's belly was growling and grumbling with hunger? That was going to be on food, and perhaps something very tasty to drink.

As she walked through the village and toward the market, she also thought about other things she could possibly spend her money on - not so much toys, but perhaps a sketch book and some pencils (she had recently gained an interest in drawing after having been told she had a natural talent with it due to a doodle someone had seen her doing a day or two ago) and she wanted to grow that interest and see if it perhaps blossomed into something else.

Food first, though. Her belly demanded it with another growl.

As Kaia skipped along she spotted something rather... lovely. Her father holding hands with Demi on Momaru's back. It wasn't a friendly way of holding hands either (was there really multiple ways to hold hands? In Kaia's child like mind there was!) but rather something more than that. He liked Demi, and Demi liked him, in that way. The grown up way. Kaia grinned from ear to ear happily: she had a mommy now. Okay, she might have been jumping the gun a little too soon, or perhaps really really too soon, but it didn't matter. Her father looked happy, Demi looked happy, and thus Kaia would definitely be happy.

"Wait up for me!, Kaia called out, knowing that they would hear her fairly easy, even above the din of the crowds noise. She bobbed, weaved, and squeezed her way to her father's side grinning. "Hi daddy! Hi mommy. Hi Momaru", no hesitation at all, just pure joy and happiness. "Whatcha doing? I need food, my last mission made me really really hungry! My stomach won't stop complaining and grumbling. I was thinking about finding a drawing book, and some pencils, and some paint... can I paint my walls daddy? I wanna paint a pretty picture on them, like a forest scene on one wall and then the ocean on another, and maybe the desert too - but I've never seen the desert before." Oh yeah, Kaia certainly made things more interesting, and all that more fun. Especially when, like right now, she was a tad bit hyper - not that that was a bad thing at all.

Wordcount: 530

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
Momaru was coming with them, which Demi didn't mind in the slightest. She knew the large lion was protective over Strafe and those Strafe cared about - so her and Kaia as well. Plus, the idea of riding on a lions back was kind of awesome if she was willing to admit it to herself - not something the average person got to do everyday, and since Demi was above average it fit perfectly into her little world. Strafe had mentioned food first and then armor which was perfectly fine with her.

Strafe called her love, which made her beam even more than she was, and told her to pick where it was they were going since he had picked what they were doing. Before she could answer though she became aware of a small adorable child - Kaia - making her way over to them. She said hello to her father, and then... wait, mommy? She was mommy? That was... well, that was very much okay! Mommy. Who knew?

Kaia began to speak to them without missing a beat, asking them what they were doing, and then going on about how she needed food too because her last mission had made her very hungry. She also mentioned finding a drawing book, buying some pencils, some paint, and then inquired to Strafe if she could paint some pretty pictures on the walls. It got Demi thinking about her own living situation: if her and Strafe were going to be a pair, then chances were his enemies would target her too as soon as they found out about her. Not that she was scared - she was incapable really of feeling fear when it came to her own self. But still, it'd be an issue.

"You should come eat with us, Kaia... we were just picking a place. There's a good place with rice balls right there..." she would point in the direction of the shop she knew.

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
As they moved through the street of Kiri, Strafe suddenly heard a very familiar voice. Kaia? He turned to his daughter moving their way. It brought a big smile to his face, as he expected her mission to take a bit longer. She must be really good. She walked up, first saying hi to him, then to Demi. Strafe was surprised to hear her call Demi mommy, but he actually liked the idea of Kaia having Demi in her life. Demi was great. She went on to say hi to Momaru before starting a huge mouthful of hyper words.

"Whatcha doing? I need food, my last mission made me really really hungry! My stomach won't stop complaining and grumbling. I was thinking about finding a drawing book, and some pencils, and some paint... can I paint my walls daddy? I wanna paint a pretty picture on them, like a forest scene on one wall and then the ocean on another, and maybe the desert too - but I've never seen the desert before."

Strafe couldn't help but crack up a little at her energy. Food was already in the plans, so that would be easy. The art supplies were easy enough to locate as well. Wait, wall painting? He would think a second before nodding his head in response and smiling. "You can paint your room whatever you like Kaia, it's yours to perfect." Demi then spoke up.

"You should come eat with us, Kaia... we were just picking a place. There's a good place with rice balls right there..."

Strafe smiled and his stomach rumbled at the aroma of the food. "Sounds like a plan!" He reached over and scooped up Kaia and set her on Momaru in front of him. The lion would then move over to the resturant, stopping to let them off. Strafe turned to the two of them, looking around the place. "Where do you guys want to sit?" He looked to them and waited for a response. Kaia would likely find some reason to like a specific table, and if not Demi had no quarrels with making decisions. He was just enjoying his time with his family.

Word Count: 367 + 1,759 = 2,126

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Her father said she could paint her room whatever she wanted which brought a big grin to her face once again - not that it fully ever left. She was constantly happy now living with Strafe, all of her previous sadness gone, and it showed a lot in the way she was always smiling and always seemed to have a bounce in her step.

Demi showed no issues with her having called her mommy, and seemed quite happy with the idea of her joining them for something to eat. Her father picked her up and put her on Momaru's back with the rest of them, and then they made their way over to the establishment.

Kaia climbed down carefully from Momaru's back, pausing to give the lion a good long scratch behind his ears and a kiss on his nose before Kaia looked around at all of the places to sit. She glanced around several times, her tongue sticking out between her lips as if she were giving the situation a great deal of consideration. Finally, she picked a table nearby and made her way over to it, choosing to sit on the chair closest to the wall. "I like this table mostest.", she explained, giggling happily. Her stomach took that moment to let out another roar of protest at the fact that food was not currently being shoved into it, and she poked it while making a shushing noise. "Quiet you. there will be food in a second...", she whispered softly.

As Kaia waited for her father and mother (oh yes, Demi certainly was her mother at this point even if Strafe and her situation wasn't exactly that far along yet) to take their seats while looking down at the placemat in front of her - it was a boring one. Kaia frowned slightly, having been hoping for one she could draw on with some crayons or something - something to keep her occupied while she waited for her food to come, or at least for their server to show up. Either way, Kaia took the piece of paper clearly meant for her plate to sit on and clearly disposable, and began to fold it up into what - after several more folds - would begin to look like a bird, though not quite as skilled as someone who had been doing so for a while.

Wordcount: 395 | 925

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
Demi couldn't help but laugh at how much energy Kaia seemed to have, let alone the happiness that just seemed to radiate off of the child constantly. She had never seen the child even frown before, and it was quite nice. Most children Demi found herself unable to stand - they were too whiny, or just general brats and nasty - but not Kaia. She was like a little angel just for them.

When they arrived at their desired eating location she watched as Kaia decided to pick where they would sit for them. The child gave it a great deal of thought - likely more than Demi would have bothered with - but it was funny to watch and see. Eventually she decided on a table though and led the way there. Demi took a seat, and then watched Kaia as she seemed to be searching for something - which according to her facial expression she clearly didn't find. Thinking quickly Demi reached into her shoulder bag and pulled out a small pencil case filled with a varity of colored pencils as well as a small sketchbook.

By the time she looked back up Kaia was turning the place mat into a bird which made Demi grin some. She slid the pencil case and sketchbook to the child anyway, figuring she could use it if she wished to keep herself occupied. She then turned her attention to Strafe. "I hope someone gets to our table soon, I'm so hungry I'd wrestle a bear just so I could eat it afterward.... I'd probably lose though. They're a tad bit stronger than me..."

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
As Kaia climbed down, she turned to give Momaru some attention. Momaru would speak with his softer voice "Don't tell anyone Kaia, but you are the best person I know." He said with a subtle glance back at the two adults. The young girl in front of him was kind, and had a great memory to treat him as an equal, the only ones to ever do so were the three people that were with him. Kaia then started searching through the place for the right table. After a few moments of hard choices, she decided on one.

The three of them took their seats. It didn't take long before Kaia made a bird out of her place mat. Strafe would chuckle as he found his daughter to be adorable. Demi, being the darling she was, grabbed Kaia's art supplies and slid the over, which would make Kaia happy. Demi then turned to Strafe, making some conversation.

"I hope someone gets to our table soon, I'm so hungry I'd wrestle a bear just so I could eat it afterward.... I'd probably lose though. They're a tad bit stronger than me..."

"That's what I'm here for, let me wrestle the bear and cook it up for you." He said with a smile as his stomach growled once again. It seemed they were all pretty hungry. As Strafe started to look around for a waiter, one started to head their way with haste. "Lord Strafe, how nice to have you here! What could we get for you and these nice ladies." He spoke and his voice dripped with brown nosing. Strafe didn't really want his status to make things weird for his new family. "This is my girlfriend, Demi, and my daughter Kaia. I'll take that and a coke" He spoke as he gestured to a table across the way. The man was eating what looked like a large seafood plate of some sort. It looked good to Strafe, at the very least.

He would then look to Demi and Kaia. "They will tell you what they want." He didn't want to speak for them and order stuff they didn't like. It was obvious to let the capable shinobi talk for themselves, even at Kaia's young age.

Word Count: 389 + 2,126 = 2,515

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Demi pulled a sketchbook and art supplies out of her bag and slid them over to Kaia which made her smile. She opened up the sketchbook to the next available blank page and then took out a pencil and a decent looking eraser: the eraser mattered just as well as the pencil in Kaia's opinion because if she did make a mistake she didn't want hints of it lingering. She remained silent, listening to Demi speak about being so hungry she would wrestle a bear and then her father saying that that was why he was there so he could wrestle it for her and cook it for her since Demi wasn't strong enough to actually wrestle a bear.

Kaia just giggled and began to draw - drawing exactly that: her parents wrestling a bear. Kaia held in a giggle when the waiter came over, clearly trying to suck up in some kind of way, as he asked for their order. "I'd like some ice water to drink, and lots of rice balls. I'm so hungry I could help my mommy eat the bear my daddy said he'd wrestle." The child fell silent then, returning to her drawing which was quite decent despite her age.

That was... until a voice nearby reached her ears. "Lee, you will eat what is in front of you or you will get nothing! Nothing! You hear me?" The woman was whispering, but it was close enough for Kaia to hear - she feared that voice among no others. Kaia gasped, and just as the woman turned to look at her she ducked under the table, leaving her bear drawing and the art supplies behind. Under the table she brought her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them, and simply held the position tightly. She had thought to never see that woman again: Mitsuo had adopted her from that woman's horrible orphanage and Kaia had thought she would never again have to see her horrible frightening face. The woman had been cruel and abusive to Kaia, and the idea of being in the same restaurant, hell the same village as her, terrified the child like nothing else could. A shudder ran up Kaia's spine, causing the child to shake slightly. "No, no, no. She found me. She'll take me back, back to that horrible orphanage... why is she here? She should be in Konoha... She shouldn't be here. No, no, no...."

Wordcount: 411 | 1,336

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
Fear. The Malkavian didn't even respond about food. Kaia ducking underneath of the table, of the sheer terror she could sense coming from the child, caused Demi to react. In a single moment of time her brain processed several outcomes to this situation: if Demi reacted and killed the woman who terrified Kaia then Demi would likely be sentenced to death, if Strafe reacted and killed the woman he would likely be sentenced to death. She couldn't allow the latter to happen: the instinct to protect Strafe over-rode the need to harm the woman for terrifying Kaia.

Demi moved, placing herself in front of Strafe with a very serious look on her face. Before she would give him a chance to tell her to move, or say anything, she would whisper quickly but urgently, "I know you're angry.. but if you react how I can feel you want to then Kaia will be without a father again, and I too will lose you. Let it go, have the staff kick the woman out and let the boy stay and eat. If anything we can deal with her later when there aren't any witnesses around to point the finger. But if you act right now you'll likely be killed for torturing and murdering the woman, and that won't do anyone any good in the end."

Demi hoped her words would reach Strafe, that they would be enough to snap him out of the anger she knew was coming - the anger she too felt. She wanted to hurt that woman. She wanted to use Genjutsu to make that woman relive all of her most horrible fears. But doing that would only cause Kaia more pain in the end, and the child was what mattered right now.

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
Kaia started chiming off her order in a sweet voice. She really was beyond her years in terms of intelligence and maturity when needed. She finished with a smile and returned to her drawing, which was looking pretty good. Her comment at the end made him smile, but that was suddenly changed. She stopped suddenly and the look on her face killed Strafe's heart. A look of sheer terror was all she expressed before moving under the table.

The Sannin instantly went into aggression mode. As soon as his daughter flew under the table, his head poked up and immediately looked for the culprit. Whoever was making his daughter so uncomfortable was going to pay. He then hear her little voice under the table.

"No, no, no. She found me. She'll take me back, back to that horrible orphanage... why is she here? She should be in Konoha... She shouldn't be here. No, no, no...."

His mind flooded back to his time with Mitsuo. When he explained the conditions he rescued Kaia from. The Seven Swordsmen's face contorted with anger as his eyes found their target. A woman was being rather hateful to a boy that was with her. That was certainly her. He started to move her way before a body was put in front of him. He looked to see Demi's face equally angry. However, she showed restraint and spoke softly.

"I know you're angry.. but if you react how I can feel you want to then Kaia will be without a father again, and I too will lose you. Let it go, have the staff kick the woman out and let the boy stay and eat. If anything we can deal with her later when there aren't any witnesses around to point the finger. But if you act right now you'll likely be killed for torturing and murdering the woman, and that won't do anyone any good in the end."

Strafe stood frozen for a minute, debating the issue at hand. His heart was telling him to rip the woman apart, but his brain couldn't help agreeing with Demi. Kaia was absolutely more important, and he soon started to come back to reality. He would take a few breathes before closing his eyes. He needed to center himself before speaking. "Thank you Demi, you saved that woman's life." He said honestly before looking back at the hag. "I'm sorry ma'am, you are no long welcomed here. I'm only going to ask once that you leave this place. I am Strafe Aisu, Sannin and Seven Swordsmen of Kirigakure, and you do not want to test my patience." He spoke with ice in his words as he stared her down. She started to scurry the boy off in front of her, but Strafe spoke again. "He however is welcomed to stay and eat. Young man, please come enjoy a meal with us." He moved his arm to welcome the boy, looking down to smile at him before looking up.

The kid took his place and the women looked mortified that someone knew of her history so far from home. Momaru's paws were visible outside the door, crouching down to try to get a peek at the action. Strafe's hand started to move towards his staff, as he grew tired of waiting, but the woman turned and ran out the back entrance. Strafe would sigh before looking at the rest of the customers and bowing. "My apologies, if you knew what that woman has done, you would have done the same. Please continue and enjoy your meals." He spoke kindly before sitting back down.

He then realized Kaia would probably need him at that moment. He looked up under the table and spoke to her. "Honey, she's gone. Are you okay?" The concern in his voice was heavy. Demi was more than capable of taking care of the new boy that sat at their table. He needed to check on their daughter.

Word Count: 679 + 2,515 = 3,194

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Kaia had no idea what was going on outside of her little under side of the table. She was clueless to Demi moving, or to her father's reactions. She was trapped back in her mind, shivering from fear, at the very thought of that woman being able to lay her boney claw like hands on her ever again. She couldn't stomach the idea, and had she had anything in her belly she likely would have started to throw up out of sheer fear.

But then...

Everything seemed to right itself. She became vaugely aware of her father using "the voice" on the woman: the one that stated he was in charge and that it was in her best interest to listen to him and to do as he said. Kaia looked sideways, and could just make out the woman's god aweful shoes as they made their way hurridly out the backdoor. Kaia had been wondering why she hadn't just gone out the proper door when she noticed Momaru's paws: so he had noticed the situation too then? Kaia knew then she was safe, and that it had been sillly to fear the woman as she did. But, past experiences made things what they were and Kaia hadn't been expecting to see that horrible witch anywhere near this village so the shock had been unsettling.

Her father looked under the table then, telling her that the woman was gone, and asking if she was okay. Was she okay? Kaia didn't know quite how to answer that at that moment. She was shaken up, terrified, and yet no physical harm had been done. She was a wreck, and given her age she didn't quite have the vocabulary to explain as much. So, instead, she wormed her way out from underneath of the table and into her father's arms: still shaking like a leaf. "I want to go home. Can we eat at home?" She clung to her father, and simply buried her face into his chest to tune the rest of the world out. She was aware that Demi was nearby, as was another boy who had likely faced this woman's horrible wraith and violent ways. Was he as scared of this evil woman as Kaia was? What would happen to him now? Kaia didn't know.. but she knew she wanted to go home.

Suddenly, as Kaia waited for answers, she would point to the boy. "Can he come too, daddy? I don't want him going back to that evil lady..."

Wordcount: 422 | 1,758

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
"....." This was good. Strafe was calmer than Demi expected, though still angry. She stepped out of his way so that he could more clearly deal with things how he was. He wasn't attacking anyone so her job was done and it allowed her to focus her attention on the boy with the evil woman. He showed physical signs of being abused, but nothing too terrible. Mentally he was... about as messed up as Kaia was at that moment. To any other Malkavian they would have found joy in it, but not to Demi - not when it was a child hurting in such a way.

Strafe went to deal with his daughter once the evil orphanage woman was gone and Demi turned her focus onto the boy. She knelt down beside him, speaking to him in gentle whispers while keeping focused enough on Strafe and Kaia to remain aware of what was going on: Kaia wanted to go home and eat the food there, and she wanted this child to come with them. Demi had no objections, and she saw Strafe having none either. Were Strafe not to object she would simply reach her hand out to the boy, which he would take after a moment of hesitation, and move over to Strafe and Kaia: if anything she figured it might make the boy feel safer to be around another child his own age instead of so many adults who were looking their way after what had just happened.

"To home?", Demi would ask curiously, ready to follow Strafe and Kaia anywhere.

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
Kaia would scramble up into his arms, he held her close as she asked to go home and eat there. "Of course honey." He was suddenly calm like normal, showing nothing but concern for his daughter. She would also point to the boy they had just saved, asking if he could come. He would nod, turning his head to the young boy. "If you would like to come stay with us a while, you are welcomed to. I know what that woman is capable of, and you will never have to live with her again." He spoke to the boy kindly, as tears welled in the young kids eyes. The boy took Demi's hand, and she then asked if home was the destination now. "Yea, let's get out of here." Strafe would get up with Kaia in his arms still. "If you would please, get a good amount of food for a family of 5 and deliver it to my house. The big one in the back of the Aisu compound." He set down a large amount of money and headed towards the door.

He would then turn, looking back to make sure Demi and the orphan were following before walking out of the place. Momaru was waiting, looking them over to make sure they were okay. "Peace friend, I have taken care of the situation." Strafe said calmly before jumping onto the lion's back. Demi would have to help the boy up, but once they were secure they started to take off. "Let's go home Momaru. We have a new guest to entertain." He spoke looking back to the kid. "So what is you name young one? I am Strafe, this is Kaia, my daughter" He said looking down before continuing. "This is Demi and the lion is Momaru. We're all rather nice, so no need to be scared. Especially of Momaru, he's a pushover." He said with a Chuckle as Momaru couldn't help but agree. "M...My name is Iro Hozuki." He obviously was still nervous about the lady, as he looked back several times to make sure she wasn't following. "Well Iro, relax. As long as we are around, you are safe." He spoke with a smile, but fire was burning on his insides. Two kids he has saved from this woman. There would not be another, and he was sure that Demi was thinking similar thoughts.

It wasn't long before they got to the house. Momaru would stop at the door, and Strafe would leap off with nimble grace. He moved to the door and opened it, stepping to the side. Kaia could jump down at any time, but he wanted to welcome the boy in. "Make your self at home Iro." A smile started to cross the boy's face as he realized he truely was safe. He would walk through the threshold carefully, looking around as he entered. Strafe would look to Demi with a thankful smile for all she had done so far. He didn't know what he would have done without her. "Once you feel up to it, I'm sure Iro could use a friend right about now." He said looking to Kaia, who would hopefully start to cheer up now that she was away from that abusive woman.

Word Count: 558 + 3,194 = 3,752

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Her daddy and mommy said that the boy could come with him; and the boys name was Iro Hozuki. He came with them as they all road Momaru home, back to the safety of the compound and the giant house. Before she climbed down from Momaru's back she gave the lion some well needed love scratches, and then even gently - and a bit awkwardly given she was so small - gave him a hug.

Soon enough there would be food brought to the house for them to eat but for now she simply followed the boy inside. Her father said that once she felt up to it he was sure Iro could use a friend, to which Kaia had nodded and silently agreed. She knew what it felt like to be in his shoes: to go from a bad situation into a really good one. It could be at the best of times disorientating.

Kaia, with a smile on her face, and feeling quite a bit better now that she was safe and sound at home, would go up to Iro and very gently take his hand with hers. She didn't say anything, at first, because she didn't want to overwhelm him, but she wanted him to know that she was there just the same. Plus, she wanted to be able to reassure him that wandering around and exploring was perfectly alright; that he could go where he wanted without getting into trouble.

"You don't have to say anything if you don't want to... but I know how you feel. When I was living in Konoha I was in the orphanage that lady ran. I was saved by my first daddy named Mitsuo. He was a ninja, and one day he disappeared. That's when I came here to Kiri to find my new daddy. He's a really good medic, and really nice... so if she hurt you he can fix it good as new... You don't have to worry about her being able to get in here either, because no one can get into the compound without permission, let alone the house. Everything is really well protected. Plus, my mommy Demi, and daddy are very strong.", Kaia would say, speaking in a very soft voice as to not startle or upset the boy in any way: she had gone from being scared herself to in protective-sister-like mode.

Wordcount: 400 | 2,158

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.