You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:30 pm

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Kaia was happy, tired, but happy. She was over the moon excited that she had found Strafe - or rather that he had found her as the case was - after so long of searching. For now Mitsuo was out of her mind as was the sadness she had felt for so long. She had a properly full belly with food that wasn't causing her to feel sick or having any ill effects on her whatsoever, and she was properly hydrated again. Her unhealthy frame would fill out soon enough if she kept eating the way she was so she wasn't concerned about that, either.

No, for the moment she was too busy looking around as they made their way into the compound and toward the largest house. A great big grin was plastered on her face and she was practically vibrating with happiness. She was safe, she was home, and she was happy. That was all that mattered now.

She was excited to get to explore her new home, as well as get to see which bedroom she could have. She wasn't picky in the slightest, but the idea of getting to choose her own certainly made her even happier given it was something most children didn't get a chance to do. She could only imagine what the inside of Strafe's house looked like, and given how big her imagination was it was getting a bit ahead of her in a way. Still, she was going to see it soon enough.

"Is your house the biggest one?", she asked excitedly and curiously: she was definitely beginning to feel a lot more talkative. As she waited for Strafe's reply she stifled a yawn with her hand: she refused to go to sleep yet, she just couldn't do that until she got to explore some!

Word Count: 305

2A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:44 pm

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
As the three of them passed through the threshold of the Aisu compound, Strafe watched as his daughter's head looked all the buildings before focusing on the biggest of them. She asked if his was the biggest one was his, to which he looked down with a smile. "Yes honey, that one is mine." He pointed towards the house with his finger as Momaru gave out a chuckle. The trio finally arrived at the house, causing Strafe to hold on and jump off the lion's back. He landed smoothly and proceeded to walk towards the door. "Now I don't own a lot of valuable items and I'm pretty laid back about my house, so feel free to make yourself comfortable." He said as he opened the door and walked in.

The rooms were furnished with the minimum furnishings and the walls were a light tan. Hardwood floors ran throughout the house, and a case of stairs led up to the next level. "I'll show you around!" He said still holding onto his child. He turned right and walked into the kitchen. "Obviously, this is were all our meals are ate and cooked. I'll make sure to go buy some stuff you like from the market." He said with a smile as he walked around for a minute before walking down a hall. He stopped at the first door on the right. "This is the downstairs bathroom." He figured she would want to know that. He would continue on and stop at another door. "This is just an extra room I haven't figured out yet. The door at the end of the hall leads out back where Momaru usually likes to relax."

He then turned around and made his way back to the stairs. "Ready to choose your room?" Strafe knew what the answer would be, so he started up the stairs. He quickly reached the top, coming to a hallway that turned right after a few steps. There were three doors that were visible. "The door to the left is the upstairs bathroom. The other two are extra rooms with nothing in them. You can pick either of those or..." He continued forward and turned the hall. At the end of the walkway was another door. There was also a door right beside it on the left side. "Or you can pick the one that's right beside my room at the end there." He said with a smile. He would wait for a response before doing anything else. She would probably want to go check them out herself.

Word Count: 436

3A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:05 pm

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
The house was just as large and amazing inside as it was outside. Kaia was seriously impressed. She had never imagined living in a place quite this large. Oh, Mitsuo's house had been big enough sure, but this seemed bigger. Or, perhaps it was simply the fact that Kaia hadn't really been living in a house for quite a while that it all seemed bigger and stranger. Still, she liked it. As Strafe gave her the tour Kaia made a mental note of where everything was located so that later on she wouldn't get lost.

"Maybe I can help you find use for the extra rooms.", Kaia said thoughtfully as Strafe pointed them out. She had no ideas off the top of her head at that moment, but she was sure that together they could think of something. She also made note of the bathrooms he pointed out: the location of those was definitely a must know.

As Strafe began to point out the bedrooms she could choose from she thought about it rather well. Deciding that she wanted to take a peak inside of each one that's precisely what she did. Each door was opened slowly, her head poked in, and the rest of her following. She looked at everything from the closest, to the color of the walls, to the view she could see out of the window. Eventually, when she reached the bedroom right next to Strafe's she found herself feeling quite happy. It had a nice closest, the walls were a pretty color she liked, and the view wasn't all that bad either. The bonus being Strafe would be right next door in case she needed something, had a bad dream, or whatever other reason could occur. "This one... I want this one to be my room.", she said happily.

"It's a very pretty color, and I like the view out the window, too. Kind of cool not to see just brown and green all the time.", she said playfully, sticking her tongue out as if all of the trees of Konoha had really bothered her. In truth she was just being silly - though, the trees did get a bit old after all, especially when you grew up looking at them all of the time.

"Daddy... are people going to be angry I'm living here with you, and not in Konoha?", she asked suddenly in a serious voice as she looked up at her father. It was definitely a good question: could ninja just up and leave when they wanted? She was too young to know either way, which was why she was deferring to him.

Word Count: 751

4A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:03 pm

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
"That would be great. Maybe we could do a hot tub or something nice. " He said knowing that would probably make her excited. As she popped in and out of every bedroom, Strafe couldn't help but smile when she picked the room beside his. "Then it's officially yours. We'll go shopping later and get some stuff for your room." He said with a smile as she commented on the always seeing green and brown outside the window in Konoha. It was odd, but he completely understood after being there the time that he was. It just wasn't the same as the misty coolness of Kirigakure. Strafe really did love it here.

The next question she asked made Strafe's face shift to one of thought. How to explain what could happen without scaring her seemed impossible, but she had nothing to worry about. He was there for here. "Well, they might be a little mad at first, but after I send a letter to Lord Sousetsu, I'm sure it will be fine." Strafe continued to further explain. "See, I know Sousetsu personally, so I'm sure he'll be understanding considering your situation." Strafe smiled before thinking of the people that attacked on the day he returned. He had yet to hear from them again, but it was coming. He could feel it. "If you ever don't feel safe or think someone's after you. Find me or Momaru. We will protect you, I promise. As a Sannin and Seven Swordsmen, my name is high on a list of priority targets, so please be safe. The leaf are the least of our concerns for the moment."

It was true, Kiri had many enemies and had risen above at every instance, but the nation grew tired of war. He could feel it from Solstice and the people. He wanted to make sure this was the last time someone would try Kiri and the Aisu clan. "You see darling, on the day I returned, Lord Solstice and I were attack by someone. Don't worry, we defeated him before an ally saved his life and left." He said holding a finger up. "However, they are strong and it took two of the strongest in the village to beat one of them, so be careful about being out by yourself to much. Just be careful." He said in a calm tone. He wanted her to know what she was walking into by joining such a high powered clan and family. She was getting old enough to know the dangers she could have to face, and he understood if she didn't want to stay.

Word Count: 447 + 436 = 883

5A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:20 pm

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Kaia grinned from ear to ear when Strafe mentioned going shopping later to pick out things for her new room. She quite liked the idea of getting to help pick, though she had no ideas in mind of what exactly she wanted. Still, they would figure it out together so that was good enough for her.

She watched as her question she had posed to her father caused him to look thoughtful which made her think that perhaps her suddenly living here might be at least a small problem. He said that they might be a little mad at first, but that after he sent a letter to Lord Sousetsu he was sure it would be fine. He went on further to explain then that he knew Sousetsu personally, so he was sure he'd be willing to understand her situation. Kaia could only hope so. She didn't want to get into trouble, or get someone else into trouble, just because she wanted to live with Strafe now.

Then her father said something that caused her own head to tilt a bit to the left in thought. He mentioned that if she ever didn't feel safe, or thought that someone was after her, to find him or Momaru immediately, and that they'd protect her. She had no idea why that sort of situation would come up, but then he explained more and that made her understand. When he had arrived him and Lord Solstice were attacked by someone, a powerful someone. They were able to defeat this individual, but it had taken the pair of them to do it. So, he wanted her to be careful if she went out by herself.

It took her a moment to process this, not so much because of what happened but because she was actually being told. Most people kept children in the dark, including her despite her being a Genin, but here was Strafe being rather open and honest with her about everything. "Okay, daddy. I'll be extra careful. You didn't get hurt did you?", she asked curiously, more concerned for her father than for herself at the moment. She was in the house, she felt safe, but going up against someone that powerful meant there was a chance her father might have been injured and that concerned her greatly.

Word Count: 1,141

6A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:11 pm

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
His daughter seemed to take in the information with careful consideration, which put Strafe at ease a little bit. She spoke promising that she will be careful, then he realized she called him daddy. It made him smile. He would definitely get used to that. She then asked if he was okay. He squatted down to her level. "I'm fine honey. I'm the best medical ninja in the village, so don't be worried about me. I'm there to make sure everyone leaves alive and okay." He said hoping to put her mind at ease. "I tell you these things because I want you to be prepared. You are inheriting my enemies and problems, so you have a right to know just like I do." He said trying to explain how he viewed her. She was young, but incredibly intelligent for her age and would be able to handle the info.

"After we get you back to normal, i'd like to help you train. I would love to help you grow not only as a woman, but as a shinobi as well." He spoke kindly to her and gave her a hug. He knew that she would grow into a fine Shinobi, but war could be upon them and she needed to be ready soon. "I promise to always be honest with you, as I want you to trust me like I trust you." He said with a smile. There were few people Strafe trusted on this level, but she was now on that level and there was no changing that. He just hoped she was ready for all the things that came with being a daughter of a Sannin and Seven Swordsman.

Word Count: 883 + 287 = 1,170

7A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:01 pm

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Kaia gave Strafe as much of a look over as she could from her point of view: he seemed find to her but then again she was no medic - perhaps it was something she could aspire to be when she got a bit older and stronger. Strafe said that he was fine, and added on that he was the best medic in the village which made her quite happy: if anything did happen to him then he should be able to heal himself. Still, that didn't mean she didn't want to be a medic too so that she could one day help him: the girl now had a goal.

"I'll get all big and strong like you, and then I can help keep you safe, too, daddy.", she said proudly. This was definitely her goal, something that she wanted to do, that she wanted to see happen. She knew it wasn't going to be easy: he was one of the strongest shinobi in the village: so there was a great deal of work she was going to have to do. She would do it, she had to. She wouldn't allow herself to quit.

She thought over the next words her father said carefully too. He spoke of being completely honest and trustworthy with her, and it was something she wanted to do back for him. She wanted to be able to tell him anything and everything without the worry of being judged. "Good, I want you to trust me, 'cause I trust you, daddy.", she said happily as she returned his hug - and she truly meant every single word. She was willing to deal with anything that might come their way due to his position and standing in the village so long as she didn't lose her father in the process.

Kaia gave another long glance around what was to become her bedroom before stifling a yawn: she refused to go to sleep yet since she wanted to pick furniture and other stuff out for her room. Besides... given the state of herself and her clothing? She was definitely in need of a bath before going to sleep anywhere but outside. "Can we go get the stuff for my room? And some stuff for me to sleep in? I lost my clothes... someone stole my pack I had with me - ripped it right off my shoulder. It had all my stuff in it." Her voice was thoughtful at best, not upset or angry: almost as if she didn't know quite how to feel about that situation. In truth she had never had something like that happen to her so she wasn't quite sure how to process it all yet - especially since she was so happy now that she had found Strafe and was safe and sound.

Word Count: 1,612

8A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
Her words made his face change back into as smile as she spoke about protecting him and growing strong. What she didn't know was growing strong usually granted you enemies you didn't want, but there was no helping that. He just hoped she would never have to protect him. He loved that she wanted to though. "I'm sure you'll be big and strong. I'll help you get there." He said with an encouraging tone that only a father could speak with. She then went on to say she trusted him, which he knew, but hearing it made it even better. "Thanks honey." He said as they finished hugging and he proceeded to stand up.

A few moments later, Kaia was yawning, followed by request to go ahead and grab a few things. Then Strafe was silent as he listened to her being stolen from. He instantly go furious on the inside, wishing all kinds of medical torture on that man. "I'll replace it for you baby, just make sure you write down any details you remember about him. I'll make sure I can pay a visit to our friend..." It was a side of Strafe that few ever saw. When you mess with someone he loves, he becomes angry and unforgiving. Usually, it was a mood that was reserved only for battle, but times change. He would then hold his hand out, letting her know it was time to go. "Let's go see about getting you set up. Be careful on the stairs." He said as he started to walk down and to the door.

He opened it up to see Momaru sitting out in the cool enjoying himself. "Hey Momaru, mind taking Kaia and I to a few places to set her room up and get some clothes?" He asked walking towards the lion. "Sure Strafe, jump on miss Kaia." He spoke fondly as he stayed on the ground to make mounting easier. As soon the two were secured on, the giant lion stood up and walked towards the shopping district. "Anything in mind? Certain clothes or a certain bed?" Strafe was curious as to what Kaia had passions for and what she enjoyed. He wanted to know all about his child, just to make sure she was happy. That they were both happy.

Word Count: 1,170 + 393 = 1,563

9A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:13 pm

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Strafe said he'd help her to get big and strong which made her grin happily once more: she knew if someone as strong as her father were to help her then it wouldn't take her long at all to get there.

Strafe got quiet for a moment after she brought up what had happened to her pack and she had a feeling that he might be hiding how he really felt about it. He said that he would replace the things that she lost, and then went on say that he'd like for her to write down everything she could remember of the man so that he could make sure he paid a visit to him. Kaia simply nodded, figuring she would do that later on when they were done shopping.

She took Strafe's hand, being careful as he instruction on the stairs. She carefully climbed on on Momaru's back, scratching at the lion's ears quickly but gently with a giggle. "Uuuuh... I like dresses, with leggings so I can still kick butt.", she said with a giggle. "Can I get one of those tall beds with a ladder up to it? Those are cool! They have desks and shelves underneath too!", she exclaimed happily. "Can we get some books too? I like looooots of books!" She was even happier now, and excited. She didn't care about toys or dolls or anything like a normal little girl: she wanted books, and some clean clothes.

Word Count: 1,861

10A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:50 pm

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
Strafe listened as Kaia started going through some of the things she wanted. She was ahead of years, but with with a dash of childish impulse to make her super cute. Dresses and leggings would be easy enough to find. Kiri had a wide variety of clothing selection, A biproduct of living on the coast and have imports brought in constantly. She then spoke about the bed, making him light up with a goofy smile. She had very specific tastes, which he understood well. In his younger days, he was very similar to his daughter, which was nice. She also mentioned books, which was another positive. Intelligence was a very valued asset in Kiri, so the more she learned the more she would be successful.

"We have all of that and more in Kiri, let me show you." he said as they arrived in the market of the village. Many different shops of all kinds lined the street. "Over there is our best furniture shop. That's where we will get the bed." He said with a point of his finger. He pointed to a brown building with clear windows on the front. "We'll do that last. Over there is a book store." He said as he moved his hand to point 4 buildings down on the right. A blue building with white stripes. "The womens and girls clothing store is right here." He said pointing to the red and gold building beside him. "Which first, clothes or books?" He asked with a smile as he jumped off of Momaru with a graceful landing. He was excited about just a simple shopping trip for the simple fact that he has someone to shop with him that he loves.

Word Count: 289 + 1,563 = 1,852

11A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:49 pm

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Kaia didn't know where she wanted to look first as they reached the market. There were so many things to see, things to explore and to look at, things that she had otherwise been ignoring since having arrived in the village. Now though she had every reason to want to see everything - not that she planned on asking for it all. No, she wasn't that sort of child. There wasn't really a selfish or greedy bone in her body.

As Strafe began to point places out she gave them her individed attention: the best furniture store that they'd get the bed she wanted at, a glorious book store, and a clothing store where she'd likely get to find exactly what it was she was looking for. Then, he gave her the choice of which store she wanted to visit first. Buy furniture sounded quite boring really, so it was something she'd like a good book for while her father went about getting her a new bed. That left the book store and clothing. Kaia's own clothing was rather dismal at best, so even though she wanted to go look and see what all kinds of books there were she knew clothing was her more immediate need. "Clothing!", she decided on happily.

Inside of the clothing store she would find her section after a quick question to the one of the ladies working behind the counter. When offered help she simply and politely responded with a "No, thank you." before wandering over. She was pretty good at doing things for herself, and knew when to ask for help if needed. For now she'd rather pick things out herself and try it her way than relying on someone else. She figured her father was close by considering what he had said earlier about not running off alone, so she simply worried about finding some things she liked.

It didn't take her long. She picked out several dresses - some with long sleeves for colder days and some with shorter sleeves. She then picked out several pairs of leggings that would mix and match with any of the dresses while following the same rules: some meant for colder weather and some for warmer. Afterward she found herself a comfortable jacket which would likewise help keep her warm on the colder days: Kiri weather was something she was going to have to get used to - along with all of the ice users she was going to be around given her natural firey chakra nature. "I'm all done picking stuff... " She had stuck to a reasonable amount of clothing of course; nothing too over the top. At the last second she snagged herself some pajamas too, haven't almost forgotten about needing something to sleep in.

"Can we get books next?", she would ask from underneath of one of the sets of pajamas - she had thrown it over her head after having run out of room in her arms to carry things.

Word Count: 2,362

12A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:53 pm

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
After a few moments of deep thought, his daughter decided on clothes shopping first. He was definitely coming with her on this first trip, as he was sure the tab was going to be to high for the little girl to just walk out on her word. He opened the door for her as they entered, allowing her to go to work. Before long, she had a respectable mound of clothing, which she was buried under. Strafe picked them up off her head so that she could talk, stating she was done. "Okay, lets see what it comes up to." Strafe dumped the stuff on the counter, letting the cashier do her job while he grabbed the last few items from his child. He looked up and handed her enough ryo and a little extra, nodding before grabbing the 3 bags it took to carry it.

He moved out of the store and back to Momaru and surprisingly one of the Aisu clan members. He wasn't close to Strafe in particular, but must have seen Strafe coming out and stopped. "Would you like help Lord Strafe?" The man asked with a smile, as though they were best friends. "Sure, thank you. Stop by the Furniture store and have them send a tall bed with a ladder, desk and drawers. Have them send it to my house please." Strafe said handing him some ryo as well. The man nodded before hurrying off. "Now we can both go to the book store. I'm quite fond of books as well." He said with a smile before turning and walking that way.

Word Count: 270 + 1,852 = 2,122

13A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:18 pm

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Kaia stood patiently next to Strafe as he went about relieving her of her burdens and then paying for them. She couldn't see the total and perhaps that was a good thing: she had a habit of feeling bad if people bought her something expensive or spent too much money on one thing or another for her. As it was her shortness due to her age came in handy and thus the smile remained on her face even as she followed Strafe and the three bags he carried out of the clothing store.

She remained quiet, peering around him to the person he spoke to that she didn't know. This individual was handed some money and then left to apparently go buy Kaia's strangely requested bed. That left them to be able to go book shopping together, which made Kaia grin and clap her hands happily. "Yay! Books!", she would exclaim before darting off in the direction of the bookstore - making sure she didn't lose sight of her father as she went with constant looks behind herself to make sure he was still there or somewhere nearby.

When she reached the bookstore she slowed, stepping inside with a kind of awe about herself. Oh, she had been in plenty of bookstores before, but none quite as large and grand as this. The sheer amount of books around her was staggering and it made her mouth open wide in a happy grin of awe. "Wow...", she whispered softly, much as she would were she in a library. Kaia was quite unsure just how many books she could get as she began to make her way down the first of many aisles, but didn't bother asking for the moment - she was still quite overwhelmed by the glory that was the bookstore she found herself unable to voice anything beyond her sheer amazement.

As she went about she carefully looked over the titles, finding some to be of uninteresting quality while others caused her to pause, open a book, and look deeper before placing it back on the shelf. This would continue on for two rows before she stopped: a man was standing toward the end of the row she had recently turned down under a sign that said "Strategy Games". The shelves beneath the sign were littered with books, the type which you were to read a situation, pick from one of several endings, and then see how it turned out. She loved books like those. There were also others nearby that had various mind puzzles in them specifically made to help develop the ability to think quickly and proficiently: these were the books she wanted. However, as the man turned and looked toward her he scowled a bit, "Go on, kid. I don't think you want any of these books..." Kaia, used to such attitudes back in Konoha given her age and size, simply stood her ground and cocked her head a bit to the left watching him without actually speaking - cue the weird childness.

Word Count: 2,871

14A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:44 pm

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
Of course his daughter would love books like he does, it only makes sense. Strafe smiled as she got excited and raced off to the book store, looking back to make sure Strafe was coming. He was behind her, never leaving her more than a few feet from him. The walked in the place to see a very large collection. Her face was awestruck as she walked down the aisles. He watched with satisfaction as he grew to know his daughter more by the minute. She had so much potential and still saw the world with that thing that made kids special, yet she had already been through so much. His train of thought was broken. Apparently some moron decided to stick his foot in his mouth. On day one no less.

Strafe was at Kaia's side in what seemed like an instant. His legendary seven swordsman staff, Raikiri, was pointed at the man's throat. "Let me make something clear. You will apologize to her." Strafe spoke in a tone Kaia had not yet heard. Every bit of the cold in his lineage rose to the surface to create a stern and deep voice. "I..I'm sorry." the man said with his mouth wide open. Strafe imagined how shocked he must of been. One minute being a jerk and the next being threatened by a Sannin. "Make sure you remember this and tell others. This is Kaia~Mai. She is my daughter." He glanced moving a gentle hand to rub her back. Regardless of how it looked, he was in full control. "If anyone as much as speaks rudely to her or if they lay a finger on her, I will make them regret it." He looked at the man with a chilling gaze as he dropped his weapon to his side.

The man scurried out of the shop, obviously startled. He might have done a little to much, but he wanted the message to get out. She was off limits, period. They would treat her with the same respect they tread him. He squatted down to his daughter, setting down his weapon. "Sorry if I startled you honey, I was trying to make a point." He said with a half-smile. Knowing her, she wouldn't have a bad reaction. She was a trained ninja after all.

Word Count: 391 + 2,122 = 2,513

15A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:02 pm

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Suddenly.... daddy!

Kaia merely blinked as her father seemed to just appear near her with his weapon pointed toward the man who so rudely had spoken to her: his assumption being she shouldn't or wouldn't be interested in the books he was looking at. Kaia, completely unphased by the weapon pointing or her father's sudden change in his voice, simply cocked her head to the left and continued to smile lightly while watching the scene unfold. Her father went on to tell the man to apologize, which he did - though Kaia couldn't help but wonder if he actually meant it since he had been forced to say it. Her father then went on to tell the guy that she was Kaia-Mai, his daughter, and that he should spread the word and tell the others - that she was to be treated with the same respect as Strafe himself was. None of this phased Kaia in the slightest since it wasn't her being yelled at, so she just kept her head tilted and continued to watch and listen in perfect silence.

Only when the guy left and was out of earshot did she look at her father and giggle a little bit. "Don't worry, daddy. I don't think you're very scary.", she said simply before a beaming smile formed across her face. Kaia then reached over and hugged her father before pointing toward the books the man had been looking at before he took off. "Can I get some of those? They're fun. It's like a game!", she would ask excitedly.

If allowed she would wander over and after giving everything a quick but thorough look over she would choose several that seemed the most interesting to her. "I want these ones. They seem like good ones." Deciding to carry them herself since it made her feel quite grown up she would wander up and over to the counter unless her father indicated wanting to look anywhere else in the store.

As Kaia waited for them to be paid for she simply looked around at all of the little bookmarks and book decorations that were nearby, not finding anything in particular that she wanted or that peaked her interest.

Word Count: 3,243

16A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:01 am

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
Of course, Kaia giggled at what happened. She made the comment that he wasn't very scary to her, which was weirdly nice. she didn't seem like she would need much if any discipline, so there was no need for her to fear him in the least. Love and trust is what he wanted their relationship to be built on, and so far so good. She moved along as if nothing had happened, pointing to the books he was blocking and asking to get some. "Of course honey. Get a few too, I might read one or two of them." He always loved books and critical thinking games, so they seemed like an easy read.

She grabbed the books and started carrying them over to the counter. He chuckled as he realized just how much promise she showed. He could already see drive, courage, and inner strength in just her day to day activities. Was it a dad thing to notice stuff like that? Probably, he wouldn't know though with his dad passing away when he was young. He walked over, looking at the total before handing the money over. Kaia was busy looking at different book accessories. The man put them all in a bag and handed it to Strafe. He turned and looked at Kaia with a smile. "You ready to head back to the house?" He would wait a few moments and walk out of the room, looking back to make sure she was coming. Momaru was waiting as usual, looking to the two of them as they walked out.

Once the two of them were securely on Momaru's back, the lion would rise and start heading towards the house. Luckily, they only had one bag, so it was still spacious and comfortable as usual. It would seem like only a few minutes had passed and they arrived at their home. "Kaia, go up and check your new bed. It should be put together with sheets on it. They might have even put your clothes up." Strafe said hoping to see that excited face that only Kaia can do correctly. He couldn't wait to see the look on her.

Word Count: 366 + 2,122 = 2,488

17A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:22 am

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
When Strafe asked if she wa ready to head back to the house she nodded her head yes: there was nothing else she could think of that she wanted outside of getting washed up and into some clean clothing. So, homeward bound it was. Before jumping on Momaru's back she gave the lion another scratch behind his ears with a grin and another giggle before getting up on his back with her father. The trip home didn't seem to take long at all, and just like before she looked around everywhere that she could see the whole way.

Once off Momaru's back, and having listened to her father say she should go check out her new bed, she grinned from ear to ear with happiness. "Kay!", was the only response she would or could muster before darting off and up the steps. Down the hall she went and into her new bedroom where she skidded to a stop at the sight before her. Her bed, just as she had pictured it in her mind only better. It was fully made and looked very very comfortable. Were it not for her own dirty clothes she likely would have dived right on it.

So, instead she grabbed up a clean outfit and then darted out of her bedroom and into the bathroom. "Shower 'cause then bed attack time!", she said before disappearing behind the closed door. Sure enough she wouldn't take long before she came back out completely clean and dressed in clean clothing. She darted her way back down the hall and into her bedroom where sure enough she all but threw herself onto her bed and rolled around several times laughing excitedly. "Yay!"

Word Count: 3,531

18A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:06 am

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
Kaia wasted no time in getting in the house and heading to her room. Strafe simply smiled as she disappeared inside the house. "She is a wonderful girl and I couldn't be prouder of you, Strafe." Momaru spoke kindly before nuzzling Strafe's right side. Strafe turned and hugged his longtime friend. "Thank you for all you do, Momaru." He spoke warmly as he pulled away and darted in the house after his daughter. Luckily, he was a little faster, so he didn't miss much of the reveal. She stood there once again shocked by the site before her. It was adorable. She deserved all of this and much more, at least in Strafe's opinion. It was only a few moments before she grabbed a clean set of took off once again.

He figured she was going to get a shower, and his thought process was confirmed by her statement. He decided to wait patiently, as she probably would not take too long. He looked around the room, noting where he would add a lamp for more light and a chair to sit on. She probably needed a mirror too, considering how much he used his. He then started thinking about what tomorrow would bring. Solstice would need to meet Kaia pretty soon, especially with her being from another village. Plus she was extend family, so it was inevitable. He also need to get her started with Genin duties and possibly even a squad. He quickly decided to make a list tomorrow of things to accomplish.

Kaia ran back into the room, diving onto the bed and roling around in one fluid motion. Her joy was like a picture perfect moment and he could help but sit there and smile. After a few minutes, he would get up and walk over to the bed. "Okay honey, it's about time for the both of us to get some sleep. I love you and I'll see you in the morning." He leaned over and hugged her. He had to force himself not to be emotional, but he still lingered just to be sure she knew that she was loved. A quick peck on the forehead followed, then walked towards the door. He would stop at the doorway before looking back. "Do you want the light on or off?" After the day she had, he wouldn't blame her for keeping them on.

Word Count: 405 + 2,488 = 2,893

19A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:55 am

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Strafe seemed to get as much enjoyment out of watching Kaia as Kaia was getting out of her new bed. Eventually though he came over and said that it was time for both of them to get some sleep, and that he loved her and would see her in the morning. She would return his hug happily and giggle when she as kissed on the forehead; smiling from ear to ear like she had been all day. Thankfully, Kaia wasn't hyper anymore - in fact, she was feeling more and more tired as the seconds passed and knew she wasn't going to have an ounce of trouble falling asleep in her new bed despite being in a new place.

She watched with sleepy and heavy eyes as Strafe walked over to the door and paused, inquiring if she wanted the light left on or off. In truth Kaia was in a strange new place and like any normal child should have been afraid of the monster in the closet of the one who supposedly lived under her bed, but she coudln't feel bothered by those things. Those kinds of monsters only lived in her imagination and she had learned to defeat them long ago without the need for the lights remaining on. But, there were real monsters out there. Outside of the walls of her safe new house. Monsters that Strafe himself seemed concerned about. Those monsters scared her a bit, even if she would likely never admit it. But, those monsters likely wouldn't be bothered by a light being on. Plus, those monsters were outside, far away where they couldn't hurt her. If anyone tried to get inside of her room to get her they would have to get through not only her father but Momaru too. No, she didn't need the light. So in response Kaia would shake her head no with a yawn before saying, "No, you can shut off, daddy. Goodnight... love you."

When she finished speaking she would take a moment to roll around enough to properly wrap the blankets and sheets around herself just how she liked before rolling onto her side and curlling up into a ball. Another yawn would puncture the silence of her bedroom before sleep would claim her; likely before her father even left her room completely.

Dreams claimed her quickly enough, though they weren't scary or full of monsters. At first it was an array of odd colors and shapes and patterns, but the deeper into sleep she got the more these colors formed actual shapes and people until she was dreaming about her and her father racing through the market. They were heading toward Kaia's favorite ice cream place, and Kaia had made him a bet that she could beat him there if he really tried. This Kaia in her dream was older though, but not by more than a few years. She was stronger and faster too; as if she had grown a whole lot in such a short span of time.

Sleep and dreams would claim the child until the sun was rather high up in the sky...

Exit

Word Count: 524
Total: 4,055

Taijutsu C -> B: 4,055 - 2,000 = 2,055
Wind C -> B: 2,055 - 2,000 = 55
Remaining: 55

20A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Empty Re: A New Home [Strafe or Invite] Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:36 am

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
After taking a few moments to find the right answer, Kaia responded with a no and a I love you, which made Strafe's icey heart melt. He smiled as he turned off the light and head to his room. Suddenly, he was just as tired as his daughter was. He really had gone through a lot through the day, and his mind was ready for some rest. He would jump in the shower after grabbing some clothes, making it quick as he didn't really want to wake up Kaia. He would finish before drying off and putting on his own set of pajamas. With a sigh he crawled into bed and rolled over, thinking of the days to come. He needed to talk to Solstice tomorrow, which he was excited about. His daughter would love Solstice and I'm sure his Kage would love little Kaia as well.

After a few more moments of his mind rambling, he slowly drifted into a peaceful sleep. All the worries and hardships of the sinobi life evaporated. For a man who had plenty to worry about, that was an amazing thing.

[Exit Thread]

Word Count: 190 + 2,893 = 3,083

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.