You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Moumoku

Moumoku

D-rank
Training all stats from E to D. Total word count is all tiers taken into consideration.
Required work count: 3750

Ba-dum! Ba-dum! Ba-dum!

Beating softly was a noise which echoed in his eardrums. Momo had been listening to the sound of his own heart for the past few hours, just intently ignoring his duties as a ninja. He knew he had to get some training in today. Be it his strength, speed or perception. Although, his knack for noticing things and reaction has always been rather good, but it never hurts to improve.
Minutes continued to pass as Momo remained blissfully ignorant to the hammering footsteps which seemed to make their way to his bedroom door, before flying open and almost coming off of it's hinge!

Getting up in a fright, Momo's blurry vision managed to make out Ida, his house maid. The woman was the definition of strength and fear; having muscles from her pinky toe to her ear, this woman did not play around. She actually gave Momo a bit of fear like his father does.
"I-Ida! H-Hey! G'morning! Hows you?" Momo stuttered, wiping the sweat from his brow while shuffling his back up against the headrest of his bed. Ida stared intently with her dull brown eyes before snorting and crossing her arms.
"You do not speak like that in this household! You speak with dignity and grace! Not some commoner!" She huffed, clenching her jaw in unison of her biceps.
Momo stared back with his blank expression and though 'But...we're not even nobility?!', the corner of his mouth twitching as he clung to his bed sheets, bunching them up into his clammy hands. "Sorry Ida. It wont happen again, Promise" Momo chuckled uneasily. He continued to shiver slightly in his bed as he watched the hulking behemoth fume in front of him. He had grown up with this woman his whole life, even when he was getting made into a game of pass the parcel with his parents; she still followed. The woman who had cleaned his room, done his shopping, kept him warm by getting logs. Now here she was on roll-call; waking his feeble ass and getting ready to yank him out of bed.

"Y'know Ida, have I ever said how lovely you are to me? Why don't we go shopping later? Just me and you?!" He pleaded to her, an uncertain smile growing on his face as his dull eyes shook in their sockets. Ida, though, was having none of it. Without saying a word, she walked over to his bedroom window, opened it where it them let in a gale of harsh cold wind followed by steady rain. Momo shrieked as he flung himself back under the covers before getting a chance to see Ida grabbing his normal attire with a rain coat. "Now, young master. Get. UP!" She yelled, yanking the covers and dressing Momo in, what seemed like, 0.2 seconds before grabbing his ankles and throwing him through the open window like a volley ball at a beach.

Boy did he fly.

Screaming as he was propelled through the air at great speeds, Momo was sure he could hear a small voice say "Lunch sounds nice" in a husky, now far-off voice.
Ida...you traitor.
Off he went in another public display of embarrassment.

Hours had passed since he landed on his ass on sheer concrete and Momo was finding out places to train. He needed to, so why not now? Looking around a little more, he noticed a small alley way cluttered with littler and furniture. Perfect for a test of speed.and perception. Who knows whats on the other side? Shifting his rain coat a little, opening it a bit below the waist, Momo began to do some stretching.
"How hard can this be? Just hope my body doesn't collapse..." He whispered to himself, furrowing his brows as he concentrated on the path ahead of him. Paying attention to the small knick-knacks lying here and there, Momo had a path which would allow him to get through the path as quick as possible with as little harm as possible. Shifting his feet into position, he bent his knees before clenching his fists. "I can do this!" He muttered to himself once over before darting off straight ahead for the narrow alley.

As he neared his mark, he had one thought in mind 'No chakra here!' which he would say over and over again to himself before hopping up on a couch arm before leaping up and grabbing an overhead pipe, where he then used the momentum to swing his body forward, allowing him to bypass beds with rusty springs sticking out. After throwing himself over a tetanus induced coma, Momo landed too hard on his feet, where he stumbled over and rolled into a broken tv, hitting it with a little force, but not anything too damaging.
Cursing under his breath for messing up and losing momentum, Momo got back up and turned back up, where he then headed back to the beginning of his makeshift 'course'. "If I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do this right." He groaned, focusing a little chakra to his feet where he would then lunge out of the valley, landing back where he started initially. he was determined to do this right and not half-ass his way through this. It wasn't what he had built himself up to.

"Okay, let's try this again." He muttered to himself, rubbing his right shoulder before getting back into position. Readying his feet, he let out a quiet sign before focusing his eye on the path ahead once again. Once he was happy with the designated course, Momo shot off once again, only this time he wasn't pushing himself as hard as before. He kept a healthy sprint, but not fast enough to exert himself.
Just the same as before, Momo hopped up onto the arm of a chair and lunged for the overhead pipe, using his momentum once again to throw himself over the spiky death beds, where he then landed back as before, but went into a roll where he then had just enough time to recover from the roll to then do another roll, but this time over the Tv. After he was done with his little stunt, he placed his two feet back on the ground and was met with a wall stacked couches.
"I guess I could jump over it or knock it down...but I don't wanna hurt anyone if there's people back there." He said to himself, thinking intently.After minutes passed, he clicked his fingers and raised his hands.
"Got not other choice. I said I wouldn't use any chakra, and that involves wall climbing. If anyone's back there...Oh well." He chirruped before dragging his left leg back and exposing the base of his hands. More damage that way than having your fists clenched. Pulling his left arm back and keeping his right extended, Momo threw his left hand forward while simultaneously pulling his right back, landing a perfect hit and dislodging the rubble in front of him. However, that rubble had been acting as a pivot point for the above trash. Now that it had been disturbed, there was nothing stopping everything above to come tumbling down. Rookie mistake.

For a brief moment Momo was happy seeing that one piece fly off into the water below, but that was changed by sheer terror as he saw nothing but rubble fall down on him. With moments to react, he readied his hands and began striking and kicking spare parts left, right and center. His eyes were noticing one to two objects at a time, making sure not to miss a beat so as not to be buried underneath the mess. It wasn't long till all of the mess had been thrown, kicked or punched out of sight and mind. It took Momo a moment to calm down as he felt his heart race like crazy, beating like it hadn't ever before. The way before him which was blocked off just a few moments ago revealed a large space of nothing but a drop into cold waters below, the rippling effect each time the water from the clouds beat off from above.

"That was...too much." He said as he sat down to catch his breath. It wasn't that he was out of breath, 'cause he wasn't, it's just that the scenario had caught him off guard. Breathing steadily, Momo got back to his feet slowly and rubbed his right shoulder once more before taking a cautious step in front of him so that he could see how far the drop below him was.
From what he saw below him, there wasn't that much of a drop cause there was a small platform below him not too far off. Not a deadly drop too, just enough to snap your ankles if you weren't careful. Or if you weren't a ninja.
Curious, Momo began to have a battle of his own, where he was torn between coming back latter, or using his chakra to gain a foothold on the concrete with his hands and feet for a safe descent. Should he go back on his word or should he stay true to his guns...

In the end, curiosity got the better of him where he had agreed only this one time. "One time is surely not gonna hurt me..." He whispered before taking one last look down below. However, as he was predicting his way down and the best method, he noticed a queer smell in the air, coming from below. Possibly the platform below. He couldn't make out any noises cause of the rain around him getting heavier by the second, but nothing was masking that strong smell. It was like burning rubber or burnt popcorn. Probably both seeing as though he was in Kiri's slums. Could be anything.
Going into a crouch, Momo placed his hand against the concrete beneath him and leaned a little forward to try and see if he could notice anything else; be it another smell or even a noise. 'Cause something was definitely cooking down there and he was determined to find out what. As he continued to lean closer and close, bit by bit, he began to make out some sort of noise, not sure if it was man or something else, but as he was getting closer, he lost track of just how far he had already leaned before tumbling over the side and falling fast.
As a quick reaction to what'd happened, he extended a bone from the palm of his hand where it then stabbed hard into the concrete surfacing, stopping him from falling any further than he already had. On the plus side, he was a little closer to his goal. Although his decision was a good one to make, every time he used it, it make him a little weaker by doing it. He still had his strength, but every little did help.
Still attached to the wall via his bone spear, he detached himself and placed one hand to the surface of the wall and infused his hand with chakra, allowing him to keep a grip on the wall along with planting his foot below, applying the same method. Momo to the bone out of the wall and kept it on himself, shoving it into the back of his rope belt below his rain coat.

"Okay, okay...Take it slow and steady now Momo..." He muttered to himself as he steadily dropped himself further down the wall, releasing small bouts of chakra which allowed him to descend smoothly. Bit by bit, he felt himself nearing his goal before stopping just at the point where there'd be no more wall left. Preparing himself for the drop, he heard a voice or two, speaking about something just out of earshot, but enough to be audible.
"There's two...maybe, three? People?" He muttered to himself before letting go of the wall with one hand and dropping a small pice of bone from his finger tip, falling and hitting the metal mesh platform below, the bone twanging off and letting a small noise be heard. He wasn't sure if it'd be enough to be heard of the pounding rain, but evidently it was cause the people below went quiet for a minute.
Momo could feel his heart beating against his rib cage. Why, though? If there was people down there, they would only be normal people, children or maybe even other ninja? Why was he anxious of what was down below? It was probably just his imagination running wild once again.

Without sparing another moment, he dropped from the wall, landing on the metal mesh platform with an audible thud; hands firmly placed on the ground to accompany his knees as he looked up from his spot to notice two men and a woman, all wearing black raincoats with hats obscuring his faces. The only reason he could tell the other two were men was because the girl had noticeably large breasts. Either that, or the other two were flat chested women. Poor judgement call at this moment in time however.
Getting up to now one knee, he rested his left arm on his left knee, while still propped upright, right arm slightly behind him, ready to clutch to his bone from earlier.

"Well well, who do we have here?" The female masked figure questioned, lifting her hat a little to make eye contact while the other two remained motionless. Her eyes were a hazel with a little blue mixed in here and there. Rather pretty to be honest.
"Apologies, I stumbled across here accidentally! Sorry to bother you three." Momo said, bowing his head a little but still enough leeway to keep eye contact with the one figure, keeping the other two withing his field of vision.
"It's fine son, just run along now." Said a masculine voice, motioning him to shoo away. One male, one female and a doo-hickey.

The smell from earlier was also rather strong as well. Looking around for a brief moment, Momo noticed something being cooked over a barrel fire, makeshift campfire if you will. It looked burnt beyond repair and was utterly unrecognizable so he couldn't make an accurate assumption of what it was. Still, it smelled horrid this close.
"Thank you for your understanding." Momo got up, clasping his hands behind him now as he bowed, his hands a little closer to the bone tied to the back of him. He bowed a little before taking a step back, ready to leap up and climb his way out of this pickle.

"Now hold on, why the rush? We're just having something to eat. Why not join us?" The woman yet questioned again, this time taking a small step forward and placing her hand on her hip. "C'mon now. We wont hurt you." She smiled, her eyes narrowing a little.
He didn't like this at all. For some reason, these people just had a threatening nature about them. Momo sensed no chakra signatures emitting from the three, but it didn't mean they couldn't cause harm. Could he have stumbled on something more than what he could see? As curious as he was, he didn't want to stay to find out. Besides, confrontation can be unnecessary. This was definitely one of those times.

Chuckling a little, Momo smiled at the trio and cocked his head a little before saying "I know, but I have somewhere to be, but it would be nice for something to eat at a later date when I'm not rushed off my feet." bouncing a little on the spot to be a little playful. This was a painful moment for him to show some sort of niceness to these strangers. Beasts.
However, whatever he must've said must have struck a wrong note as the silent one of the trio grabbed her coat and threw it aside, revealing a well toned body, complimented by a crop top and combat shorts. Just a rather basic attire. Shame.

"You're not leaving. You don't stumble across a secluded area and say you're busy. You dropped down on us." Boomed a manly voice? Momo, confused, scanned the individual once more and noticed a feminine mystique, but the voice which accompanied the body was definitely not...female? Could have been, but the voice was so deep.
This threw Momo into a loop as he never noticed the man from earlier lung forward and grab his face, full frontal palm attack, and throw Momo down hard into the mesh flooring, his skull feeling like it was gonna cave in by the sheer brute force.

Mind blank, Momo felt his entire body fly with him at that moment as he stared at the mans palm still clutching his face. His world seemed to almost stop as if someone had pressed pause on the TV remote. Nothing was going througgh his mind other than the thought of being in pain and what'd just happened.
Moments, which seemed like hours, had passed before Momo snapped back into play, his eyes regaining focus. In reality, only seconds had passed since his head met the flooring before he got back up, grabbing the mans wrist with both hands and twisting just enough to loosen the grip for Momo to do a slight roll to the side, still holding the mans wrist before throwing the man to the side with Momo. The man, who just moments ago had Momo in a death grip, had been tossed aside and over the balcony, plunging into the waters below them.

Without missing a beat, Momo brought out the, now, makeshift bone shiv from his belt, bringing it up in front of him as he would a kunai. Inspecting the poor shiv, he noticed a large crack up along the side of the bone. It must have happened when he was thrown down like a rag doll, the impact must have shattered the bone and this was the remains.
Looking back to the two women now, Momo brought their attention to him with that little spectacle of throwing their comrade over board.
"Look, I really don't want to have to fight! I'd rather we just left it as it is, please!" He pleaded, takign a short breath as he took a readied stance just to be safe.
The two women, staring slightly in shock, now brandished a knife each, one in hand.
"So you have a bite. We'll soon fix that." Beckoned the butch queen, now lunging forward in unison with her friend, both making a slicing motion in perfect unison in a side ward arch.

Momo watched them both carefully as he studied their leg movements and body language. Rough, careless, but strong. He'd win in a match of speed, but strength was never his forte. Making a split moment decision, Momo took a qucik tep back where he would meet the railing of the platform, allowing him to hoist himself up with his free hand and push him from the balcony, keeping him at a safe distance from them. This allowed him to make a drop below to the waters where he then pricked his right index finger with his shiv and summoned a clone mid-air, where it would then throw him back into the air with enough strength to fly above them slightly where he then tossed his shiv into the hazel eyed girls left shoulder, assuming it was her dominant shoulder, who still had her cloak on; planting neatly into her socket and immobilizing her as she flew forward into a heap on the floor. This, however, still left the butch queen to be dealt with. Still mid-air, Momo did a short spin which allowed him to gain a slight momentum boost where he then brought down his right leg on to the womans head, but she quickly blocked the attack by bringing her arms up in an X, pushing him off of her once he had made contact with her arms. Momo quickly flipped back, landing on the riling where he was then assaulted with a cloud of burning ash and cinder, pointblank in the face. Once the cinders caught on, he felt a burning sensation around his eyes, feeling the tears stream down his face as he winced in pain before feeling a tug at his shirt which then yanked him down on the ground. Hard.

Hitting the floor, Momo got up as best he could, clawing at his eyes as he felt the cinders tear away at him. It wasn't something which was going to cause permanent damage, but it was something that was gonna take time to heal. Focusing more on his well being, Momo could hear the occasional step around him, as if a predator was circling it's prey.
"What? Can't you see? Y'know, I'm sure it hurts you more than me cause damn it stings. Wonder how your eyes feel." Jeered the woman as she circled him, the sound of her fingernails scraping the surface of the blade. Back and forth, scrape and snatch.

I...I can't see! I can't do anything! He thought to himself, panicked and scared, Momo lashed out left and right, but to no avail. Occasionally, he'd feel his hand get kicked back accompanied by laughing. He could feel the eyes of the woman dig into his skull as she continued to calmly walk around him, probably plotting how and when she was gonna do this. How she was gonna snuff out this little flame amidst the rain. Momo though was not gonna let his life be ended by some common cut-throat.
His body shaking, he got up and took up a passive stance, placing his hands in front of him, arms slightly bent and palms exposed. Eyes still closed and irritated and streaming of tears disguised in the rain, he concentrated all of his energy into his ability to hear. It was difficult for him, having to listen for footsteps with a heavy downpour around them, but it was the only thing he could think of.

The woman must have gone quiet cause she wasn't doing any talking now, but she was still walking around; her heavy footsteps pounding off the flooring.
Come on...make a move... He thought to himself, arms shaking as one slip up and that was him. Kaput. Without even accomplishing anything significant with his life. Hell to the no, bruh. He was pushing himself to the limit to even remain up.
Keeping his posture, he could feel where the woman may have been, or at least her general direction.

"...!" Momo turned around as quick as he could in a complete 180, grabbing an arm with his left hand with the tightest grab he could before using his right hand to go for where a neck would be. And he was right! Clamping down hard on both the arm and neck, he followed through by quickly placing his right leg behind the woman, swinging it across where he then pushed her down, decking the back of her head off the floor before releasing her throat, drawing his right hand back and firing his now clenched hand as hard as he could into her face multiple times, this fist flying back and forth like a bullet from a gun while still clutching her arm with his left, the sound of crunching and splurging filling his ears as he continued to fire off rounds.

After what seemed like forty-seven punches later, he heard an object hit the flooring and releasing a small clang. This was the indication for him to stop. Landing his last punch, he felt his hand slip to the side once rested, warm and in pain. Possibly a dislocated knuckle or two. Maybe broken. He couldn't tell. He had too much adrenaline running through his veins, erratic breathing as he was mid-heaving/sobbing. He was scared half to death cause he still couldn't see anything but he couldn't feel anything with his right hand. Letting go of the arm, he fell back and shuffled back a little, giving him a little room from where the woman was.

The clone in which he had summoned earlier on knelt beside him and picked him up. He must've forgotten to dismiss the clone as it was drenched in water. Must've been down there this whole time when he tossed him sky high. Regardless, Momo was hoisted up and carried away as he sobbed into his clones kimono, clutching at it's arm with his only working hand.

There was bound to be some sort of punishment for this.

Days had passed, Momo's hand bandaged up and eyes fully recovered, attended a meeting between his father and a few of the village's military personnel. Momo, sitting next to his father and across them sat the military officers, on the other side of a slim yet long table.

"Your son didn't do too much damage to two of the criminals, but he did place one of them into intensive care. Her face was almost completely caved in and we were lucky that we were given notice as soon as. Any longer and this would be an entirely different conversation." One of the officers said, turning his attention to Momo, meeting eye contact now, which Momo quickly broke off and stared at the floor.
Momo's father furrowed his brow and made a slight bow.
"I sincerely apologize on behalf of my sons sheer idiocy. He was not given consent to leave the household in the first place and the fact that he commenced in fisticuffs in daylight is completely unforgivable. I pray that this does not happen again" Momo's father turned slightly before tapping him on the head.
"Apologize and promise to never do that again!" He scorned, his face now scrunched in a display of anger.

Turning back to the men, Momo bowed and apologized, following his fathers orders. The men across from him bowed in response before turning to his father.
"He will be monitored on a 24 hour basis until further notice and when we are sure that he is of no threat to the people of Kiri." They said, getting up from their seats before being escorted out by Ida. Momo's father bowed and got up to escort them out. once the room was cleared, Momo's father went around the room calmly snuffing out the candles one by one, before picking one up and walking over to Momo, towering over him like a statue.

"...You did well. Just don't get caught next time." He praised, looking down at his submissive son whom continued to look at the floor. Staring down at his son, Momo's father smiled before blowing out the remaining candle, plunging the room into complete darkness.

Jutsu Used:

Chakra Remaining=135/150:

Word count: 4471/3750
Word count reached.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.