You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Incarnation of  a concept [Wolf, or Invite] Empty Incarnation of a concept [Wolf, or Invite] Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:01 pm

Kensei~

Kensei~

D-rank
Invite:
This was a new sensation; the ability to smell, to touch, to taste. Digits flexed, eyes blinked.

What was that? He could hear things, strange things. The whispers of those around him, their thoughts and desires, and hopes and dreams.

Fingertips, dancing on the surface of his mind.

The universe was a strange place, yes? And even stranger, now that a core concept was manifesting itself into the body of a male.

But why would he do that? Why would a concept such as Fate emtomb himself into the mold of Man?

Because Man was a most interesting creature, and Fate wished to learn. He hoped to learn more about the flock he tended, of the creatures that were enslaved to his whims. But he knew everything there was to know of them already, did he not? Or perhaps he had forgotten it all in this endless cycle. Or maybe, he knew nothing of them at all, and sought to fill the void with whatever he could. But, he knew this moment was to come. He was Fate, after all.

The deal was struck long ago; in exchange for the ability to take care of his mother, a young man by the name of Kensei Uchiha was placed into his employment with simple orders; When Fate calls for you, come.

The call was made; or rather, the weft and weave of Fate's whims wove a situation in which Kensei would return to the temple. Envy and Greed were  dangerous Sins that manifested easily and frequently in Man, and many in positions of power were subject to them, hungry for that which their neighbor possessed. The whispers of promised power were enough to amplify the hunger in almost any man.

Perhaps Fate did not need to manipulate these men in order to acquire Kensei. Perhaps it was going to happen; perhaps Fate knew this. Or maybe not. This form he possessed seem to render most of his senses dull; he could not see quite as clearly as he once could, could not hear quite as much. But there were somethings that just could not be ignored. The weft and weave of Fate guides...

Where was he? This place seemed familiar; was it something remembered, or something that was to be?  Did it really matter? Eyes that were not quite his own looked around; his vision dim but clearing up the more he strained. This place did seem familiar; odd trinkets adorned the walls of the room he was within, seeming like memories; or trophies. A precious gem here, an ornate crown there, a few swords over there. It was a strange place to wake up in, but the concept was still not sure where or when exactly here was. However, he was where he though he was, there was always someone he could call, and expect a prompt response.

The body would struggle to speak, the voice emitted sounded rough and raspy. But sure enough, a word and name was uttered, and despite how quiet the body spoke it, would sound like crashing thunder to the persona's whose ears it was meant for.

“Wolf. Come.”

524 WC

Wolf

Wolf

D-rank
“Wolf. Come.”

Words like thunder in the distance, yet clear as crystal in his mind; a voice that was... different, yet exactly the same. He was Summoned, and he would Obey; forever and always and whenever he was Called; he could not disobey if he tried, and he had no want nor reason to attempt disobedience. He was the perfect servant, a completely willing and obedient 'pet' to the Master of his world; Fate had owned the loyalty of Wolf for years beyond reasoning and would forever; this was not changed by the current itteration of the savage beastial hunter.

The massive male had been peacefully napping in the sun of a lower terrace; the sun was high in the sky and the light was cast at strange angles thanks to the higher terraces; but this place still received proper sunlight even at high noon. He had been up late the previous night working on weapons and armors, working on new ideas for things to teach to His Lamb, ideas and thoughts and trinkets and all of those things that the last bits of humanity within the body of the male that Wolf had taken when his last form had passed the mask to him. Wolf knew the truth of his existence; he was a parasite of sorts, he took the bodies of the youths of the temple when his former form died or became incapable of performing the duties of Wolf; he was given a new body and took over entirely and then the body was Wolf; it was how he could live forever yet never be more than a few years old; forever a youthful, perfect body to inhabit and become.

Yet in the moment after the thought flashed through his mind, it was gone; buried and hidden away with the rest of the information that haunted his mind and kept him going through the long eternity. Part of why he chased, the chase soothed the demons in his mind; Part of his unending lust for Lamb, she gave him peace in small moments that lasted longer the closer they grew with each cycle. Eye snapped open and he was on his feet; stalking through the temple with a speed that was only used when Summoned, or during a Hunt; racing past handlers and ancient carvings of the temple alike. After a scant few moments, he was at the door to Fate's Inner Sanctum; the heart of the temple where his Master resided at all times.

His massive hands were placed on the door and he gently pushed them open; they would only respond to someone that was Summoned, opening without a sound just enough for him to enter before snapping shut behind him. Wolf dropped to his knees in a way, moving like the animal he was named after across the room in a direct line for the center where Fate normally was. He reached a point on the stone floor where he had knelt in reverent submission for eons, the stone itself worn into the shape of a kneeling, prostrated body. "I respond to you Summon, Master Fate. How may I be of use to you?"

WC: 533

Kensei~

Kensei~

D-rank
"I respond to you Summon, Master Fate. How may I be of use to you?"

Gold eyes would roll within the sockets and turn themselves to the male that entered, blinking slowly. How strange it was to only see one side of the Wolf; the Concept was used to seeing him from all angles at once. Come to think of it, his vision was severely limited to just what his eyes could see; this was most irritating. Something had to be done about it, but that would come in time. For now, he would have to address Wolf; he did summon the hunter, after all.

“Wolf...”
Words were now difficult; the concept was used to simply willing his words into existence for others to hear. Now, he would bound by flesh and blood, and archaic limitations. He did not like this, but he would have to endure if he wished to learn about his flock. It was not agony, but necessary. “Wolf... I have t-taken a body.” Fingers flexed, the mouthed flexed and twitched with excessive movements. The head rolled on the shoulders, a strange sight. He was not used to making these minor, finer adjustments to a body. In truth, it had been many a millennium since Fate had inhabited a body.

But being out of practice would not stop him. He would over come this burden, and strive forward. But for the moment, he could barely hold himself up, leaning as he was on the pedastal in the middle of the room. “P-please, Ani. Help me move about. I wish to see outside.”

It was an outrageous sight to see; a fundamental concept of the universe, struggling to move about in the prison of his own flesh and blood, asking his servant to help him breath in fresh air.

Tragic.

But he was not proud. He had no qualms about asking his faithful servant to assist him in moving about the temple; if he remembered correctly, he had been fond of this particular incarnation of Wolf since he had been born. He'd raised this one since he was just a wee age, and had seen him through joys and sadness....

If Wolf were to help him, the body would remain silent, attemping to gather its strength as it made steps towards the door. He would atttempt to move through the door at a faster pace than he body was ready for, almost slipping several times. He would make it eventually, with or without Ani's help. Leaning himself against a railing, he would take a deep breath, becoming almost intoxicated on the scents that filled the air around him, the sounds of the waters rushing over the nearby falls and the thunderous crashing below.

It was beautiful. A majestic sight to behold to him; to be able to see through even these dull eyes changed the way he looked at things, no pun intended. To have a body was.. strange, but he would get used to this. Soon enough.

[524 + 500 = 1024 wc]

Wolf

Wolf

D-rank
This body was new, strange. Master always appeared to him with a solid, physical form; but he knew it was an illusion only for him; all saw Fate differently, all saw a form of Fate that their minds could handle. In eons passed Fate had told him that he was able to perceive the true nature of His existence; but Wolf had never asked nor attempted to discern it; or he didn't think he had. Certainly not in this body, nor any of recent memory; if he had, it was lost in the morass of convoluted memories and experiences deep in his subconscious mind.

He rose from his prostrated position; head remaining bowed and his entire body language that of reverence and submission as he moved to do as requested; he would do anything asked of him by his Master, and this was such a simple task. He did not once stop to consider that Fate had a truly solid form, or what that meant; he merely worked to ease the burden of the Master and do as asked. Wolf was far larger, so instead of slipping under the Master's arm and supporting him that way, he moved an arm around his waist and allowed the Master to lean against him like a crutch. He could feel the tension; and for a split instant he realized that this was the same effects that happened to him when he took a new body. He would be able to ease the suffering and transition easily, then. He had done it an infinite number of times before, and would an infinite number of times again.

"My Master, there is a comfortable bench just outside that receives a gentle sunlight at this time of day. Please allow me to take you there; if you allow me to, I will be able to assist you in gaining control of your new body." If allowed, he would help to carry/support his Master outside, and toward the bench; however he also allowed ample time and opportunity for the Master to take control and direct as he wished.

WC:

353 + 533 = 886

Kensei~

Kensei~

D-rank
"My Master, there is a comfortable bench just outside that receives a gentle sunlight at this time of day. Please allow me to take you there; if you allow me to, I will be able to assist you in gaining control of your new body."

Thank the Old Ones for this blessed creature; Fate would twist the mouth of his host in an attempt to smile. It would surprise him if the attempt failed and he ended up with a twisted grimace upon his face as he attempted to show his gratitude to Wolf. Wolf was far larger, so instead of slipping under Fate's arm and supporting him that way, he moved an arm around his waist and allowed the body of the host to lean against him like a crutch. When He felt as if he was ready, he would not his head to Ani. “Yes please, Ani. That would be most helpful.”

As the duo moved through the halls, Fate allowed his eyes to close as his mind reeled in the rush of stimulation that it was receiving; the feeling of having solid weight, the light that was in his eyes from the passing torches, the scents of the male carrying him. It was a wonderous rush, and slightly intoxicating. The he could literally taste the scent of Wolf, and it was weird. His mind registered it, and it was sweet and sour and earthy and stimulating, and oh god why was it so delicious? The male shook his head, attempting to clear his sinus of the scent of his servant, but it would do no good given the close proximity of the other. But it was diluting somewhat, with the roar of the falls growing louder and louder.  As Ani helped him to the bench, Fate would sigh and ease himself down onto the surface. A loud popping sound would release into the air, and Fate would panic, realizing that it had come from his body. Was something wrong with him? He felt no pain, yet his lower back tingled with a pleasurable sensation, as if something was now more flexible and and not quite as stiff as before.

As he sat upon the bench, the male took a deep breath, taking in the scents of the world around. Out here, the air was sweeter than it was deeper, and lacked the scents of the incense that burned deeper in the temple. He had made sure that there was room enough on the bench for his helper, and showed it as he pat the seat next to him. “Come Wolf. Sit with me.”

Whether Wolf sat or not was up to him, it would not change his next action. He sat quietly for a moment, pondering a a whole world of possibilities. A moment later, and gold eyes would glance at the male that was nearby, offering him a small smile. Surely he was curious as to how this situation came to be? He knew one thing for sure; different eyes interpreted his form within the temple differently. He did not know exactly what Wolf saw him as, nor did he know what Lamb saw either. But that did not matter right now; from this moment on, they would see this form. “Im sure you have some questions for me, Ani.” He nodded to the larger male, still smiling.

“From now on, I will inhabit a body to walk the earth, Ani. I will walk amongst mortals for the first time, and learn about them. But do not fret; I will still be reachable.” He would lift his arms above his head for a moment, yawning somewhat. “I will return here at times. I will leave Marks for you and Lamb to pursue, and I will speak to you if I am here. But beyond this, I shall travel the world, and make preparations for the End.”

The male would take a deep breath, organizing his thoughts before he spoke once more. "There wil be more of us, Ani. Not quite Kindred, but still extentions of my will. You will know them when you see them; they hold special powers, brave Wolf. Search your memories; you will know. It is time to call forth Judgement, and soon after, Samsara. We will need thier help, brave Wolf. Their strength will be needed to usher in the New World, Ani."

[1024 + 730 = 1754/1950]

Sicarius

Sicarius

D-rank
Giggling.

Sicarius hadn't stopped since Wolf and Lamb had brought her here. She was a happy child once more; or rather, a happy kitten. She was definitely more animal acting than human the majority of the time. Like any kitten she was very easily distracted: balls of yarn and string, odd plays of light, tiny little creatures? They were all victim to her playfulness. Though, victim was too strong of a word to use. She never harmed, only played and released.

Which was precisely what she was doing now, what she had been doing for the past twenty minutes. She had found a little mouse, all white and quite tiny, whom she had quickly formed an odd friendship of sorts with. The mouse appeared around the same time every day and seemed as if it were waiting for Sicarius to appear which she so often did. She would chase the mouse around for a while, giggling and laughing as she attempted to catch it, before sitting down to share some sort of treat with it. The mouse would eat with her and then disappear until the next day.

Today their game of 'cat and mouse' had made its way outside. The mouse was darting this way and that way and Sicarius was attempting to keep up as she chased after it. The mouse had the edge on her; given its much smaller size it could dart beneath things in their playful game while Sicarius had to go around or over. Hanging halfway out of her front pocket of her top was a bag of cookies; her snack for later on.

"I will catch you today little Mousey. I will!", Sicarius called after the small creature as it attempted once more to escape her grasp. If anything this game was teaching Sicarius something: while she was having fun she was learning how to anticipate what move Mousey would make, learning how to hunt in a sense. She hadn't caught the mouse yet - normally she would just get so tired that she would sit down with her snack and the mouse would come over. But, she was a determined child who wouldn't quit quite so easily.

Sicarius was just turning the corner, nearly having caught up to the mouse, when something caught her attention out of the corner of her eye: Wolf with another individual whom she didn't know. The mouse, so close, slipped through her fingertips as the young kitten was distracted. "Aww. Mousey escaped." Ears would lower slightly; obviously a sign of the child feeling saddened, though her tail with all of its decorative chains still swayed from side to side making a soft jingle of a noise. Sicarius would plop herself down on her bottom, the bell that hung from the collar on her neck, jingling heavily. The mouse, meanwhile, would stop in its attempt to flee, looking back at her as if patiently waiting for her to continue on with their little game.

Word Count: 500

Wolf

Wolf

D-rank
The bench was not far, and the way was clear; this part of the temple was always empty, outside of the younglings ghosting through the shadows with brooms and rags to keep the area clean, few ever came here. Most could not handle the odd energy that emanated from the inner sanctum for long, so they avoided it as much as they could. He and Lamb only came when called, out of both respect and lack of time; they rarely had downtime as it was, their recent rest was highly unusual for them; so this place remained empty and open and quiet at all times.

He took the offered seat, settling beside his Master and busying himself with his work. He began to gently take and work the muscles and joints of the Master's new arms; each stretched and tugged in ways that may border on uncomfortable without causing pain, but that would allow the tension to release, and proper control to be gained. He listened intently; if he had wolven ears that could rotate and focus, they would be perked high and directly focused on the Master's words; he was absorbing everything said quietly and patiently waiting for any sort of questions or commands that could be given. He allowed a long moment to pass after the Master stopped speaking before he began to speak himself; Master had long since drilled into his mind that his opinion was valued, and in a case like this he actually had something to say.

"As the Master commands. We shall find the new vessels of Judgement, and bring them to you. It will be... good, to have more like us again." He remembered all the times and instances when others beyond just Kindred existed; he could remember that there were three pairings that could be active; he understood that only Kindred was required to be active at all times, but parts of, or the entire pairing, of the others could appear as needed. "Will it only be one aspect of Judgement, Master? Or shall we be finding both?"  A simple question, for the moment, and with the prompting of the Master; his memories were clear and he was able to converse as if his mind was whole and he truly knew everything that existed within his mind. All the good, and the bad. It would only last for a short time, before the buried truths would threaten his sanity in a bad way; but it was.... good; to remember the reason why they did was they did.

Suddenly... bells.

And not the normal ones.

Oh, Sicarius was playing.

His soft growl was more amused than anything; he was hopelessly attached to the small child already; it was impossible for him to be upset by her, and he hadn't ever mentioned that she shouldn't be in this part of the temple, so there was little he could say to her beyond, "Kitten-Child, please be at peace. The Master is here, you would do well to show proper respect."

WC: 508

508 + 886 = 1394

Kensei~

Kensei~

D-rank
"As the Master commands. We shall find the new vessels of Judgement, and bring them to you. It will be... good, to have more like us again. Will it only be one aspect of Judgement, Master? Or shall we be finding both?"

Fate smiled at these words; he was glad that his old friend felt the same way he did. Fate rather enjoyed the company of the other Aspects as much as he did that of Kindred. It was a shame that he was not able to activate their various vessels until certain times deemed them needed, otherwise he would keep them with him. But alas, he could not. Kindred was required to be active at all times; Judgement was only needed as the End drew near, and Samsara was to assist with Kindred in keeping the cycle going, to ensure that everything went off without a problem. And speaking of Samsara... The sound of bells reached his ear, and Fate could not help but smile, watching as Sicarius, now named Keiko came into view.

"Aww. Mousey escaped."

"Kitten-Child, please be at peace. The Master is here, you would do well to show proper respect."

Fate chuckled, placing a hand on Wolf's shoulder as the male finished chiding Sicarius. “Be gentle with young Sicarius, Ani. She is part of Samsara, after all.” He offered his friend a wink, grateful for the attention that Wolf had paid to his limbs. His new vessel felt wonderful, so fresh and filled with power. He could feel the conciousness of Kensei within it, and took note of how he slumbered. This man volunteered his body in exchange for his mother's health, and he would be treated with the utmost kindness. He was doing a great service to the world, and he would not be forgotten when the End came. His name would be sung in glory as the new world began, and Fate would make sure that. Fate would adopt his man's name as his own, and make him a legend.

Once Wolf finished his ministrations to his body, Fate would stand up, flexing his limbs and digits, relishing that the moved so much easier. His back no longer hurt, or felt stiff, and he felt like he was synchronized perfectly with his vessel. After testing his movements with a quick lap around the terrace, he would stop beside Ani once more, smiling wider. “That reminds me, brave Wolf. There are two more things I must inform you of before I depart” He would pause for a moment, looking at Keiko and toying with the decision of informing her of her role.. She was young, but it high time that she be told of her role. It was a necessity that could not be wasted. “Come sit, Sicarius. With with your father, please.”

As he waited for the child to decide if she would take a seat or not, the incarnation paused to consider his next words carefully. He dreaded what he had to say – and do – but he knew there was no other way. “Ani... I must find Entropy. It... it has been activated without warning...” He would pause then, allowing the information to sink in. Wolf would know fully what this mean to their duties; finding and controlling Entropy would be the highest priority. Entropy was one of the very few Incarnations that Fate had no direct control over – his own partner. Fate was only meant to activate Entropy and guide his actions strictly. But, because his activation was not triggered by Fate, he was a loose cannon – a weapon with no owner who could be used by anyone with the willpower to overcome him. He had to be found, as soon as possible.

Adjusting his clothing, Fate smoothed back his hair and peered his golden eyes down at Wolf and Keiko, nodding to them. “You know exactly what must be done, Ani. This is part of why I took a body – Entropy needs to be reigned in, as soon as possible. Because I did not activate him, I do not know where he is specifically, and I cannot point you in the right direction. His first instinct if he sees you or Lamb would be to flee, as he will subconsciously recognize the threat you pose to him – same as any other Weapon.. But, if I approach him, he will be more willing to listen, and not flee.” A soft sound escaped the male's chest, brow furrowing. He had to leave, right then and there -- there was no time to waste. He would nod to Wolf and Sicarius, making his way out of the temple and into the world.

-Exit-

Total thread WC: 2538

PER E-0 to D-3 2538/1950 = 588

REA E-2 to D-0 588/525 = 63

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.