You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kaitu Burasu

Kaitu Burasu

D-rank
Mission:

I awoke to the sound of a strong gust of wind. Staring at the ceiling, I thought of what lie in store for me today. This was going to be my first day back as a ninja, and I didn't know if I was actually ready. My injuries during the Chunin exams had certainly taken their toll, no doubt exacerbated by a peculiar habit of my body to seemingly refuse any offered treatment. But I was finally ready. I had actually been ready for a couple of days, but I didn't know if I could really do it after so long. I made sure to spend those days in training my mind and body to the levels I was at before.

Still, the prospect of just starting where I left off scared me a little. I closed my eyes.

No use for that, I thought, I'm a ninja. I can't just stay in bed.

With that thought, I got up, ate a short breakfast, and walked to the Administrative building. On the way , I spotted many ninja buzzing about, including a few I didn't recognize.

I really was out a long time.

After stopping to catch my breath, nervous at re-entering my "normal" life, I opened the Administrative building's door and walked inside. I went over to the C-rank missions, and waited for the ninja stationed there to notice me.

He was a tall, brown-haired man with a book in his hands and a daze in his eyes. When it was clear that he didn't notice me, I cleared my throat. He continued to read.

I coughed again, this time a bit more forcefully. He looked up at me lazily and asked,

"I assume that you want a mission?"

I silently nodded my head as he sighed and looked in his desk for today's assignments. A twinge of annoyance flashed across my face as he stopped looking and yawned for an extended moment, only to start his search over. When he finally found a dossier with C stamped onto it, he handed the files over. I looked inside, activating my Buragan in order to read the details.

Haven't used this in a while.

I was caught temporarily as color filled a limited region of the world around me, along with the chakra signatures of ninja nearby. It appeared to be the case that the army requested a Leaf Shinobi to help train some of the new guys at a nearby training camp. The lessons were to be based on the formations and tactics of ninja. I don't know if it was the best idea to send someone who hadn't practiced those tactics in a couple of months, but I didn't want to request another mission right after a long hiatus.

Plus, it would be a good thing to refresh myself after so long.

I left the village on the path to a camp, following a map enclosed with the details of the mission. Knowing how untrustworthy I would seem as my current...stature, I decided to transform. I stopped in my tracks and in a puff of smoke, I appeared a good deal older, by at least ten or fifteen years. I also made sure to make my eyes appear normal, though keeping my Buragan active. I needed the ocular exercise.

When I arrived at the camp, I was greeted by two samurai clad in armor. They didn't say anything, so I decided it would be best to introduce myself.

"Hello. My name is Kaitu Burasu. I am a ninja from the Hidden Leaf sent to instruct in ninja tactics.

They nodded and led me to a room with, after a quick count, eleven unarmored and unarmed samurai. They were all standing at attention.

I was taken a bit aback. I wasn't exactly prepared to go straight in to teaching. I thought I might have at least a small amount of time for preparation. I closed my eyes and thought of what I wanted to say.

"Ok, how many of you have ever seen a ninja in action?"

---------------------
Wordcount: 695/1000
Chakra: 130/150
Jutsu Used:
Transformation Technique:
Buragan:

Kaitu Burasu

Kaitu Burasu

D-rank
After a lot of awkward exchanges between myself and the samurai, there was a mutual decision that combative abilities would best be demonstrated by a mock battle. The explanation of formations would have to come later. Or maybe it would be a separate lecture. It depended on how much time the battle would take.

I followed the samurai into a large courtyard. The samurai who had volunteered to oppose me went to the armory, but was back soon. They had a wooden sword and quickly stood at the ready. They had provided me with some dulled kunai and wooden shuriken, which I was very confused by, as they are not traditionally the tools of samurai. Nevertheless, I stood with a single kunai out.

A samurai standing in the center turned his head to look at the both of us, nodded, and commanded us to start.

I stared at my opponent as they infused their blade with chakra.

So at least they know how to utilize chakra flow.

My opponent was in a defensive position, and was waiting for me to make a move.

"The key to fighting as a ninja is offense and evasion. If you're the only one doing any damage, victory is inevitable."

I threw a kunai to distract the samurai and ran around a small circle encompassing the samurai. My opponent expertly blocked with their sword and turned to face me. I made the appropriate hand sign and created five clones around me.

"Diversion and distraction are essential to any fight."

The clones ran ahead of me in a group so that I was able to burrow underground. I moved towards him and pulled him under with me before popping back on to the surface. I was feeling somewhat cocky and pleased with myself before the samurai simply climbed out.

That's never happened before...

I jump back in order to asses the situation. My opponent realizes the advantage in attacking and decides to charge.

I pull out a kunai and begin to fight in melee combat. Realizing that I am vastly out-skilled in a weapons fight, I attempt to retreat by jumping backwards, throwing shuriken to cover my escape. I had already used half of my chakra, and this was turning out to be a bit embarrassing.

I need to do something befitting the title of shinobi.

But what?...

"Earth Release: Earth Shore Return!"

I looked around and found the perfect thing for what I had planned. I grabbed the training dummy and infused it with a small amount of chakra. This would need to be done quickly. I just hoped that the short walk around the wall would buy me enough time.
------------------------
Wordcount: 449+695=1144/1000

Chakra: 75/150
Jutsu Used:
Doppelganger Technique:
Buragan:
Double Suicide Decapitation Technique:
Substitution Technique:
Earth Shore Return:

Kaitu Burasu

Kaitu Burasu

D-rank
I look back and see the samurai rounding the wall, sword at the ready. I kick my makeshift substitute towards the samurai, who easily dodges it as I charge towards them. I need to focus now. I must make these few seconds count. I have to, I have no other reasonable choice within my limited chakra. And using Raitoboru wouldn't exactly help them learn.

I cleared my head to focus on the sword ahead of me. It was being raised, prepared to slash at me.

Four steps to combat. I took out my kunai with my left hand and prepared to block.

Two steps. I imbued raiton chakra into my right hand.

One step. I reached out...

At the last second, I move at a speed untraceable to the human eye and replace myself with the substitute, previously leaning against the earthen wall that I had created. I kneeled next to the wall where the dummy was located and watched as the samurai sliced into the dummy. It was a wooden sword, so all it did was manage to knock it to the ground more quickly than gravity would, but I needed to evade the hit nonetheless.

This is my chance!

I rushed forward as silently, but quickly, as I could. The samurai took too long to respond and I was able to strike his hand with mine.

"Lightning Release: Lightning Rod!"

I had to remember to dull the release a little, for their sake as well as mine, but the shock was able to cause a small spasm in the samurai's hand. I saw the sword slip a little and took my chance. I moved my hand down to the hilt and grabbed it, prying the blade away before my opponent had a chance to respond. I overextended a little in doing this, and had no choice but to roll forward with the blade in hand.

I stood up, turned around, and tossed the blade at the samurai's feet.

"Diversion and distraction."

I wrapped up the lesson for the day, answering questions and going over technique. I wasn't sure if I would like this mission, but it turned out a lot better than I expected. At least I didn't lose right off the bat.

As I walked away from the camp, I smiled.

For better or worse, I'm glad to be back.

END OF THREAD
------------------------
Wordcount: 399+1144=1543
-1000 (Completing the mission)
-450 (Perception: D2->D3)
-------
93 words remaining

Alternate Reward: (in place of Ryo)
Illusion Style: Earthen Paralysis Jutsu

Chakra: 55/150
Jutsu Used:
Buragan:
Substitution Technique:
Lightning Rod:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.