You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kaitu Burasu

Kaitu Burasu

D-rank
Mission:

This assignment didn't seem like a very appropriate assignment for me. My style of ninjutsu didn't use many items, and I didn't have any battlefield experience anyways, except for a skirmish with a couple of wolves. Still, I had to do the mission I was assigned.

I had to go to a nearby farm that could be used as a testing ground. A farmhouse had already been converted into a storehouse for shinobi weapons. I knew of the place, but I'd never been there before. If I were to wander, I would usually explore the wilderness instead of farmland.

I arrived at the door of the main building and knocked. It took a while, but a boy about my age finally opened the door. He looked at me quizzically and asked me a question.
"Hey, who are you?"
I was about to respond with my mission (maybe even question if I was in the right place) when a woman with long, grey-brown hair came around a corner to meet me.
"I'm sorry, are you the ninja from Konoha?"
I nodded
"Hi, sorry about the confusion, (gesturing towards the boy) I kinda forgot to tell him. Why don't you come in?"
I entered the cluttered house, and followed the woman, who introduced herself as Edina, and the boy, who was introduced as her apprentice, Asida. From the way that they spoke I could tell they both had similar personalities. They were both smart, but very disorganized. Edina soon sent Asida to fetch a recent invention of hers.
When he returned, he had in his hands a peculiar looking sword with a very bulky hilt.
"This is a specially designed sword. It is meant to allow ninja to wield fire without having an affinity for the element. The blade is coated in a special thin layer of wax and oil. When a switch on the hilt is hit, a spark ignites the sword."

Huh...interesting. I really wanted to see how well this worked. Asida handed it to me, showing me where the switch was and where the spark would light.
"Coincidentally, we wanted to test these fireproof gloves... so if anything goes wrong with the sword, you'll have these!"
I didn't exactly trust untested safety equipment, but I knew what I signed up for. This time, Edina handed me the gloves. I put them on. They were suprisinglylight and they were decently comfortable. Hopefully they were fireproof
"One more thing," commented Edina, "We wanted to test a new, lighter, model of shuriken."
She handed me a small pouch of them.
"Ok! Get going! Make sure to stress the equipment, we don't want it breaking on assignment!"

Wordcount: 455/1000

Last edited by Kaitu Burasu on Mon May 25, 2015 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kaitu Burasu

Kaitu Burasu

D-rank
I decided to test the shuriken first, as the sword might end up burning everything down. I took one out and looked at it. It was interesting in the fact that it was a lot lighter than a regular shuriken and the edges were curved. This was definitely gonna take some getting used to. I aimed at a nearby tree. It veered completely off course and landed in the grass a couple of yards to the left my target. I picked another one out and tried aiming for the same spot to test for consistency. It landed to the right of the tree this time.
I sighed. Well, it was worth a try. Still, they were fast. Without proper direction though, they were somewhat useless. Such a shame. They even looked cool. I remember what the inventor said about testing the durability. I tried to bend it, but it actually provided a good amount of resistance. I t bent in the end without much exertion on my part, but it was better then expected.
The next thing I wanted to work on was the pair of fireproof gloves. I knew the best way to test them was to pit them against weak katon jutsu. Unfortunately, I didn't know any myself, and I didn't want to ask the one person who I knew did. I would just have to test it alongside the fire-sword. I reluctantly took it out of the sheathe they had given me along with it. The sheath's inside was covered with a flammable oil. I held it as far away as I could and reluctantly pressed the switch. Nothing happened. I tried pressing it again, and in an instant the sword was engulfed in flames. I was so surprised that I almost dropped it. I had only been trained in the basics of bukijutsu, but I could do a decent job testing it. It was designed to be a one-handed sword, but because of everything on it, it was as heavy as a two-handed sword. I slowly started to swing it around. I remembered the importance of testing the gloves, so I reluctantly reached out with the hand that wasn't holding the sword. I realized how stupid of an idea this was, but before I knew it, my hand was half an inch above the blade. I felt the lick of the flames touch my palm. It was warm, but nothing past uncomfortable. I mustered up my faith in the inventor and placed my hand on the blade. I was barely feeling anything. They worked! I don't know how they made fireproof gloves so light and tight-fitting, but they worked! I felt more confident in using the blade, so I decided to go ahead and run with it. Literally run with it. I held it behind me and sprinted , making sure to keep it above the grass so I didn't burn the field down. I ran up to a solitary tree and slashed at it. The blade bounced off, not even setting it on fire. I used a cloth to put out the fire and examined the blade. It appeared that the oil and wax combined with the fire slightly warping the steel greatly dulled the blade. Well, at least the gloves work. I might even ask for a pair once they perfect it.

I ran through a couple more tests and finally reported back to Edina and Asida. I explained the results to them. They initially looked disappointed, but when I told them how fantastic the gloves were, the immediately perked up with excitement. As I was leaving, I turned back to them.
"Would it be possible for me to help you guys out more occasionally?" I asked reservedly.
"Sure," responded Edina with a smile, "Come back every week or so and we'll have something thought up."
I smiled, and said "Thanks. That'd be pretty awesome. And don't worry about payment. The experience is fun enough. Even if it does lead to an early death," I said jokingly.
Maybe...maybe I was more suited to this mission than I thought.

End of Mission
Wordcount: 697+455=1152
Mission: -1000
Endurance E->E1: -75
Speed E->E1: -75
Extra: 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.