You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Misao

Misao

D-rank
Mission Details:

There was really no getting around this type of thing. Missions needed to be completed and someone had to be assigned to do them. Usually, it wasn't Misao. It was no secret that the higher ups from the village tried to keep her and her family confined and closely watched. Therefore, requests for missions were scarce, especially for her since she didn't have the guts to go and demand assignments like her siblings did. And whenever she did get any, they were basic tasks that barely required any use of force or fighting technique at all. That was something Misao was happy about, though she would have preferred a higher pay. It wasn't like she used the money she earned for herself. All of it went back to the shrine and its upkeep. When her grandmother had led her to it and shown her this part of her heritage, the place had been in quite a dreadful state. Misao paid for the supplies needed out of her own pocket, which led her to her current situation. The shrined needed new tiles for the roof.

The young priestess took a deep breath to steady her shaking hands. She wasn't exactly intimidating, so she didn't quite know how she would get the people on the list she had been given to pay the rent that they owed. She walked into the first shop, one that she was rather familiar with. It was quite small, but it had a welcoming atmosphere and the owners were generally nice people. Misao walked over to the counter and looked at the person behind it. "Hi, I was wondering if I could talk to Yahiko-san? Is he in today? I'm here on behalf of the city," Misao explained, sounding polite with her soft-spoken voice. The man known as Yahiko must have heard her because he stepped out of the kitchen and smiled at the young girl.

He looked at his employee and nodded. "Don't worry, I'll take care of this," he said. Oh dear. That probably didn't meant anything good. He turned back to Misao anyways and smiled again. "So, what can I do for you today, miss?" He asked cheerfully.

Misao nodded and took this as her chance to carry out her task. "Oh yes! Like I was saying before, I'm here on behalf of Suna to collect your-" she began but couldn't quite say the complete sentence before being interrupted.

"Oh, you must be tired of working all day if you work for the village. You must be a shinobi, then. How about a drink on the house? You can have some soba noodles too!" he said, his enthusiasm a little bit too fake. Neertheless, Misao kept her smile. She was warned that something like this might happen.

"I'm sorry sir, but I aleady ate and I can't say I'm thirsty. So if you could at least just sign this saying that you'll pay in two-" Misao tried again, pulling out a clipboard that she had been handed earlier at the administrative office.

"I'm sure you could still use some dessert, no? You look like the kind of girl that enjoys red bean paste. What do you say?" He insisted. Fortunately, Misao already thought ahead.

"I'm trying to watch my weight sir, so could you just please-"

"Nonsense, a pretty girl like you can surely afford to eat whatever she wants, especially since you probably train often!"

"I'm diabetic, so I really can't-"

"We have some sugar free desserts, too! I'll make you something special."

This was getting ridiculous.

"Sir, please just sign the piece of paper. I really don't want to have to get someone else to do it," she said, finally glad that she could speak a complete sentence. The man scoffed, finally giving up and taking the clipboard from Misao's hands. He signed it begrudgingly and didn't bother to say anything else before heading back to the kitchen.

Misao left the story dejectedly, knowing that she would have to repeat this over and over again today, likely for the rest of her afternoon. Once she got back home, she would just bury herself in her sheets and avoid contact with the rest of her high-maintenance family. She had to somehow hide from Reiko and Chie's insistence that she join their evening sparring session or her grandmother's demands that she practice her flower arrangements and finish her latest painting. Shinji - her twin brother - who was the most likely to understand her and be sympathetic, insisted that his dear sister accompany him into town and act as his wingman for the night. Needless to say, Misao didn't have a good day.

[Mission: 600/600]
[Training Perception from E to E-1: 75/75]
[Training Reaction Time from E to E-1: 75/75]

{Exit Thread}

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.