You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Loathsome Lighting [Plot | Suutei/Private] Empty Loathsome Lighting [Plot | Suutei/Private] Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:50 am

Binsu

Binsu

D-rank
Preface

'Mount Ikkyu, what a reputable site. Beautiful

hotels, beautiful women and a stunning view of one of the world's largest waterfalls to match. This place had it all...'

--

Han stood a couple of inches away from the safety rails that ran the entire length of the mountain edge, keeping the people on top from plummeting several feet below. Candle lit lanterns of all shades of orange gracefully floated away from the hotel rooftops, flooding the sky with an unnatural glow of yellow that didn't quite fit in with the midnight sky's cool backdrop. Small trees were decorated with chains of small electrical lights, big trees were polluted with gold and silver streamers that sparkled and shone with the reflection of the lights around them. A smooth, mellow-toned instrumental played softly in his ears reminding him of the general mood of the site. Calm and relaxing. Peaceful. The Sannin almost felt at home had it not been for the unconscious longing for his swords, which he had abandoned at his house.

A group of ladies walked past behind him and giggled as they went. Han purged a mundane sigh and turned to face the backs of the wandering ladies. There we three of them, as there always are, all wearing pink or yellow kimonos with each of their hair done up in a different way, but none wore it down. From the corner of his eye he could see the blind musician that was strumming away at his Shamisen. He could tell the man was blind, or really good at pretending to be blind, by the way he moved from string to string without even batting an eye. A small tin cup lay beside him. On the odd occasion, a random stranger would walk up to it and drop a coin or two into the cup and the blind man would smile. Han would smile with him, before returning his gaze to the waterfall before him and taking in all it's magnificent detail.

Suutei

Suutei

B-rank
Suutei wandered through the lounge of the hotel in Mt. Ikkyu, the time was a tad past midnight and he left Chopper back in their suite to sleep.  He planned to get him a good or at least a decent taste of sake.  It wasn’t to hard of a drink for him to handle and he became accustomed to it over rum.  Since it wasn’t much action to be expected here Suutei dawned the outfit fashioned by Chopper back when he met Misao.  A sleeveless blue overcoat seamed with bluish black hemlines over a royal blue robe with black collar and sash. Then tied black ribbons in a crisscross pattern over the lower half of his sleeves to prevent them from getting in the way when he is fighting.  Though he did not expect any combat to be necessary down here in the lounge.   Underneath the robe, he wore black pants and a pair of dark brown boots overlaid with more crisscross-patterned ribbons on the shaft.

After getting his drink he observed a band consisting of a female guitarist and drummer, and 2 males one being the lead singer.  They all appeared seemingly just a few years older than himself as he observed them take the stage.  They began to play a fast paced acoustic and it was very smooth to hear and the lead singer hopped along the stage to the beat until he began, to sing in japanese and Suutei found himself tapping his feet to the beat.

Those black dance in and of you I say so many times
Oh, if it were hidden was going in and
indifference have face Oh daily dance is as
fictitious a good television news even if
disgusting, is such a fucking like a night go
around along with the killer ball

The intro verse was pretty neat to hear as Suutei found himself drifting to the outside of the lounge where the mountain edge was.  He saw someone standing at the end of the mountain edge and the music from the lounge was muffled, and a new tune was being strung outside all on it’s own.  A man strumming on a Shamisen, and Suutei dropped in a tin can beside the man 5 coins.  Suutei approached the safety rail and the figure next to it, a male who he could have mistaken for someone of his age.  That was not the case the man was just simply short, but no matter Suutei greeted the male as if he was someone he knew.

”Konichiwa shi lovely night is it not, and the women seem to be taking a liking to you.”  Suutei jokingly made conversation with the male but hoped he hadn’t angered or offended him or that’d be awkward.

Binsu

Binsu

D-rank

Han blinked his eyes out of a daze - the swordsman had never stared so long at a waterfall before. His eyes had begun to water as a result of keeping them open for too long. The man couldn't help himself, something about this place seemed, unnatural. It wasn't the concrete floors or the cemented walls that irked him, no it wasn't the insisting aromas of cinamon mint and herbal spices either. No, what bothered him the most about this place was it's strange lack of wildlife. In all the time he had spent at the resort he had failed to spot a single creature that wasn't printed on a poster or carved out of wood and hooked onto a piece of string. It was as if they had been wiped out of existance to make way for these people. These boring, nostalgic people. A pair of academy-aged boys, most likely indulging in their youth, gingerly approached the scene of the waterfall and started pointing at their own reflections. Han watched from a distance, fighting back the urge to snicker and dismiss the boys from a far. They would soon be off to do other things most likely, their short attention spans reflected their heights.

The man heard the all-too-familiar sound of a couple of coin drops into a tin container and instantly he knew the blind musician would be pleased. It was only a few seconds after this that a strange young man decided to approach the puzzled Han. The lonely man was lost in his own train of thought when the strange boy approached him and attempted to spark a conversation. Han turned towards the boy and straight away his eyes met with his gaze. His face radiated a genuine glow of confidence, which complimented his sudden bold approach very well. The swordsman made his best attempt at a smile, but a crooked smirk was all he could manage in the short time he had had to spot the guy. Still he listened, his arms now crossed over one another and tucked firmly away under each of his armpits.

If Han's facial expression didn't come off as interested it definitely made him look confused, or some relatable mixture of both. ”Konichiwa shi lovely night is it not, and the women seem to be taking a liking to you,” the boy commented. Han raised an eyebrow, but quickly lowered it before speaking. "Konichiwa. Aye, it's certainly quite the sight to see," Han would speak, swiftly darting his gaze towards the blanket of stars above him, before returning his gaze to the man's face. "Oh i hadn't noticed, did they say anything?" He had lied to the stranger - he had noticed just about every figure that had walked past behind him - but he felt as though he would've come off as smug or full of himself had he said he had noticed them. At this point Han's lips had shaped themself into a make-shit smile, if one could call it that. Unconsciously he had unfolded his arms and had tucked away each hand into one of his pockets. This boy had the gift to steal any odd person's attention, or was Han really that gullible?

Suutei

Suutei

B-rank
Suutei took a look up at the sky and it seemed almost unnatural for there to be so many stars in the sky like tonight.  It was marvelous to see the night sky in all of it’s true glory, and Suutei gripped the safety rail as he leaned up against it.  When he finally lowered his head the same women from afar noticed him and began to giggle which caused him to raise a brow.  Was it something that he did, and times like this Suutei felt like he had shit on his face.  Waving them off he focused his attention back on the male he came to spoke with.

”I guess you and I both make some of these women swoon huh.  Well no matter but I hope I am not being a bothering shi-san.  Ahem are you a resident here in Kumogakure no Sato, or just here visiting for the Chuunin exams.”

Trying to make small talk was always a hassle but sometimes Suutei just made people want to have a conversation with him.  Suutei’s ear twitched and he looked watching the girls approach him and the male, and they begin to walk in strides just to get close to the pair.  The young Special Jounin felt uneasy; defenseless, and without any weapons should this be a trap.  Watching them approach they all had papers in their hand and he wondered what was written on them.  Rolling his eyes Suutei looked over to the other male and realized he never gave his name, and nor did he ask for his.

”Ah shi-san I have forgotten my manners my name is Suutei Kimura, from the village of Konohagakure no Sato.”

Loathsome Lighting [Plot | Suutei/Private] Tumblr_mmgg7n9rO11rplmhto4_500

Suutei had never been the formal type least not until he met Misao back in Sunagakure no Sato.  It seemed he always referred to others by honorifics now, but it didn’t bother him one bit.  In fact it assimilated into his speech rather smoothly.  Something shocked him as he took a look up at the sky and a loud explosion of color filled the sky.  The girls approached by the first boom and asked for Suutei’s autograph recognizing him as Lelantos the Unseen, Captain of the Six Monoliths.  A bit caught off guard he proceeded with the autographings and even a photo in which all three girls wished to be in.

”Hehe shi-san if it’s okay with you do you mind taking this photo of me and these three lovely ladies.”

Binsu

Binsu

D-rank

The boy averted his eyes and took in the sight of the sky above him. Han followed his gaze and his stare imediately caught a glimpse of the beutiful glow of the moon and stars. From an observer his eyes were lit - the bright image of the moon smiling across his irises - whilst his facial expression was dulled down to a mediocre smile that might have been mistaken for a frown. Such is life for inviting such enchanting poetic experiences into the lives of mere mortals that would only live to see so few. It was like giving a man with cancer all the riches he could ever ask for: he'd never live long enough to truly enjoy such a generous gift. In short, it was taunting.

From the corner his eye, Han saw the boy beside him lower his gaze to meet with the stares of the ladies below. Han paid no attention to them, his mind still entrapped by the alluring scene before him. ”I guess you and I both make some of these women swoon huh.  Well no matter but I hope I am not being a bothering shi-san," the boy started, but before Han could interject with a response he was off again. "Ahem are you a resident here in Kumogakure no Sato, or just here visiting for the Chuunin exams.” The Sannin thought about the question briefly, trying his best to give an answer that wouldn't invite suspicion over his identity. After a moment's thought the man opened his mouth to speak, quickly licking his lips before responding. "I'm one of the Sannin here, but yes i take residency in the queiter areas of the village." Binsu wasn't the kind to boast or talk himself up, but he felt as though that was something his character 'Han' would do quite a lot of, albeit without drawing too much attention towards himself. He didn't need to return the question - it was obvious from the boy's accent and darker skin tone that he wasn't from here - but for the sake of being polite, "...and yourself?"

After the man had finished speaking, the boy suddenly realised he had forgotten to give his name or ask for the stranger's. Han didn't mind. In fact, the less the boy knew about him the better, though it hadn't helped to openly proclaim his title. ”Ah shi-san I have forgotten my manners my name is Suutei Kimura, from the village of Konohagakure no Sato," the boy finally spoke, after which Han finally picked up a habit of his. 'He likes addressing strangers as Shin-san, or is that somehow an inside joke about my appearance?' Han awarded the guy a bland smile, before opening his once again to speak, catching sight of a group of girls making their way towards them as he spoke. "It is an honor to meet you Suutei. You may call me Han," he didn't give his clan name. 'The less he knows, the better.

Alas, the same ladies that had giggled passed the two a few minutes before had made their way back up to the ramp and this time they didn't hesitate to approach the two with smiles worn all around and small pieces of paper in each's hand. Han counted three girls right before a firework exploded in the distance. The Sannin smiled at their arrival and he could straight away tell they hadn't come to see him, but something about their smiles lead him to think otherwise. Those gentle smiles, they were nowhere close to her's. Tenmei's. Just a glimspe of a pretty girl brought all the memories of her flooding back. A strong tidal wave of emotions washed over his train of thought, but he stood strong, unphased by the thought of loosing the last of his true friends, and without a doubt the prettiest.

”Hehe shi-san if it’s okay with you do you mind taking this photo of me and these three lovely ladies?” the boy broke him out of the self-put genjutsu and instantly he smiled and nodded his head. After taking the small device into his hands and taking a few steps away from the group, Han pushed down the shutter button with his right-hand index finger and waited. He watched as the image appeared on the device's front face, before smiling at the bunch and saying, "All done." He'd offer the girls their camera back before drifting his gaze towards the fireworks above him.

Such is life...

Suutei

Suutei

B-rank
The girls were very bubbly and excited to take photos with the young Kimura, but it was to be expected as the Captain of the Monoliths.  As well as the exposure that the media gave him upon receiving the position from the Tsuchikage, and also the fan base it earned him.  Before he knew it he became a celebrity in the world overnight, but he wouldn't let that get to his head as he needed to remain focused.  Yet there was always that one thing that could never leave his mind, and it was his beloved Misao-chan.

Suutei never imagined to meet a Sannnin and this was the first person of that caliber, well technically he could consider Gin as a Sannin except she isn't really apart of a village.  This caused Suutei to think back to his encounter with the former Kazekage, but what puzzled him was the canniness of discovering her here in Kumogakure.  With the woman somehow taking him under her wing as a pupil, but never actually explaining why she even considered him of all people.  Speculating that it must relate to Misao he really had no choice, but to go along with whatever the woman had in mind.

Misao-chan

Fortunately, he hadn't gotten to far off into thought after he remembered the Sannin of Kumogakure had recently gave his name.  It was of Germanic origin and meant Gift from God, and Suutei had to admit being the Sannin of a village usually meant that's what you were.  Not to downplay the Raikage as he seemed to keeping the village together at the present time.  Suutei thought about his participating in the Chuunin Exams just two years ago, and the time he had while representing Konohagakure.  He could distinctly remember one girl who used dual blades, with long deep blue hair similar color to his.  Pulling himself back to reality he had another question for the Sannin, that should give him some sort of hint of wishing his training.

"Ahem Thank You Han-Sama and that is quite the feat to achieve and it is an honor to meet someone of your status.  Which leads me to this question, would you happen to have a pupil or such that you are training."'

Binsu

Binsu

D-rank

The blind man stopped playing his tune and immediately the whole atmosphere of the mountain quietened. In that same moment the last explosion of the fireworks display illuminated the clouds from below, accompanied by a late bang and a short sizzling sound. The commotion was enough to draw the Sannin’s attention for a little while, before he returned his gaze to the boy before him - his space still surrounded by women - in time to catch his transfixed glare that insisted his interest. "Ahem,” the boy opened his mouth to speak. “Thank You Han-Sama, and that is quite the feat to achieve, and it is an honor to meet someone of your status.” Han didn’t think much of the title - it was simply what the Raikage had chosen to class him as, one of the village’s strongest shinobi - but although it didn’t phase him the least, he could at least understand what it meant to someone much weaker than he. The title hadn’t changed the fact that he was still a Jounin-level shinobi, but it did cover his identity with some odd air of importance and uniqueness, which he had easily spotted in the young man’s eyes. “Which leads me to this question; would you happen to have a pupil or such that you are training?" The question struck his cerebrum at the softest parts and dragged out his memories of Kazui - the young child who once looked up to him as her mentor and guardian - and it forced him to momentarily reflect on the kind of person he had become. He had travelled to Kumogakure ahead of her, leaving his feline companion Cerberus behind to watch over her as she followed behind. From the moment he had entered the village, to this time tonight, neither Han or Binsu had thought to check up the young girl to see how she’s getting along in the village. ’Another failure,’ Han thought to himself, but he didn’t venture too far into his thoughts before finally addressing the boy’s striking question.

”I don’t,” but he felt as though the boy demanded more from him. ”Between my own personal training schedule, my frequent meetings with important political figures and the time i allow myself to unwind, i don’t see how i could make up time for mentoring a student.” If the boy knew anything at all about the man, he’d know that he was blatantly lying. But he didn’t know Han like Han knew Han. Heck, up until he read the files he received from the Raikage - containing details about his new identity, codenamed ‘Han’ - even Binsu hadn’t known Han like Han knew Han. Nevertheless there was some small speck of truth in his plea; Han would never dedicate any of his ‘precious’ time towards training a student even if he could, and Binsu was already training someone he shouldn’t be. But Oshobi had all the time in the world, and was more than willing to train a young, promising kid who had the heart to learn how to fight, but only fight for his cause.

A few days ago Han had received a letter from an unfamiliar source that introduced himself as “Ni the treacherous”. The strange man explained how he was the founder of a clan - or as he had described it, a guild - of highly trained assassins that worked together to manipulate the criminal society and black market forums in order to direct their earnings to them. The guild offered its members a chance to work together in order to share their combined strength and increase their shared intel, as well as offering it’s weakest members protection and the chance to increase their strength with the support of a global network of highly skilled shinobi. Binsu signed up under the alias ‘Oshobi’ in order to gain an insight into the activities that occurred in the criminal world and he thought he would be able to use the guild as a way of acquired third party intel from around the world, which he otherwise couldn’t acquire alone, but a guilty side of the truth that he had signed up to extend his eyes and ears past his village’s boundaries to increase his chances of finding his lost friend Tenmei. ‘Ni’ didn’t care what one’s reason for joining was, nor did he care if you decided to leave; as long as you abided by his rules and kept as many outsiders as possible from learning about it’s business, he didn’t care how you used the guild to whose advantage. Binsu knew the boy had asked him that question hoping the answer would be no so he could change that himself; not many people asked if there was a job opening just for the sake of asking. And although he was more than happy to mentor the kid, he couldn’t do it as Binsu or Han. Not Binsu because Binsu was dead, and not Han because it’d look bad in the eyes of his people if he accepted an outsider as his student but said no teaching a squad or any village shinobi that asked.

With his gaze now darting from each girl’s face before the next, Han cleared his throat and quickly fixed his gaze on Suutei, who he wasn’t sure if he had gotten the subtle hint. Nevertheless he still spoke, saying ”However if it’s combat training you seek,” ’cause that’s what you want right? ”...I might know someone who can help.” He’d let the boy juggle the thought around in his head before he realised what the Sannin was trying to say; “i can’t tell you in front these strangers”. As if the man played to the tempo of their conversation, the blind man in the background began strumming his instrument again, this time playing a tune with much sharper tone and faster drive. It was time for Han to leave, very soon he'd need to get up early for his weekly full-day scout of the village. After giving the man one last smile and a shallow bow of his head he'd say, "Forgive me Suutei, but I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow and i want to start it early in the morning. Once again, it was a pleasure meeting you and I wish you all the best," before walking off towards the tallest mountain in the village. Hands tucked inside the sleeves of his shirt and ears listening to the fading tune of the lonely man's instrument.

"Not a bad way to spend an evening"

:Han exits thread -

Total Thread WC: 3339 (-3339 training Truth Seeking Balls)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.