View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Oomi

Oomi

D-rank
An Oomi a Day ( Stat Training | Solo | Mission: Deliver Food ) 1zqvntk

Book One: Dawn of Oomi
Chapter Two: An Oomi a Day…

-Prologue-

The sun still hung low in the sky, drowsy from a full nights rest. Lazily meandering by was a sparse smattering of clouds, all thin and wispy. Over the village of Iwa a light wind danced showering the village of stone in its cool. Here, in the housing district, the breeze was most welcomed. Already windows had been opened inviting it in. With the breeze came unwanted grunts and groans from the rooftops, unfortunately. Those close enough to hear had gotten used to the extra noise in the morning though. Who were they to stop the young shinobi from edging ever closer to her goals of becoming strong enough to be Tsuchikage one day.

“It’s too early, Oomi! Go back to sleep!” A voice called out from one of those open windows. Just another one of those sounds that came with the morning. It would be ignored like the girl who had been made that roof top part of her morning routine for the past three months, despite her hatred of the early morning. She had to make up for lost time, after all.

“Ha!” The sound rode on the back of a quick straight right. This was followed by an equally quick straight left. Finally, Oomi shoved her right knee up and out in a diagonal path as she pulled her hands back into herself as if she were pulling a person into her knee. She repeated the whole thing another three times before she finally stopped. It had been an hour since she’d come out and she hadn’t stopped moving since. It was time for a breather.

Oomi stretched her arms out over her head and leaned back. After hearing a satisfying pop she sighed and headed toward the edge of the flat roof of her apartment building. Once there she plopped down and dangled her legs over the side. Hands slipped behind her and flat against the surface of the roof to support her as she leaned back. “Stupid goat.” She mumbled under her breath. She was still upset about the ordeal she’d gone through a few days prior just to catch a goat. Though in its defense the goat had proven to her that she wasn’t strong enough — not that she’d ever consider herself strong enough anyway. 

“I’ll get strong, mhm. Then I’ll join the Six Monoliths.” The teen said with a quick fist pump. “Then I’ll get so strong that they wont want anyone else to be Tsuchikage.” She added with a wide grin just before standing up. A defiant finger was pointed out at the rest of Iwagakure. “Just you wait, Iwagakure! I will be your Tsuchikage! Bet, I’ll be the best Tsuchikage you ever had!” She proclaimed at the top of her lungs; just another one of those noises that would go on being ignored.

Oomi pulled her hand back and balled it into a fist. Another fist pump followed, one that lingered after it was done. “That’s right, Iwagkure. Just you wait.” Oomi reiterated much more calmly. With that bit of her morning ritual finished, the kunoichi turned from the edge of the roof and returned to its center. 

“Ha! Ha! Kyah!” The shinobi huffed as she threw another series of punches, this time followed by a high kick. This too was repeated like the maneuver before it. She was beating the motions into her muscles, forcing them to remember the perfect form — or as close as she was getting to the perfect form. She’d continue this action, repeating it several more times before changing the combination she sought to emblazon on her limbs.

Training:

Jutsu Used:

Last edited by Oomi on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oomi

Oomi

D-rank

-Oomi the Hawk-

Time had long since been forgotten in favor of the rhythmic motion of punches and kicks. By now surely the denizens of the housing district were out and about their daily errands. Yet, still high above the cities streets Oomi remained in her fortress of solitude — her not so secret rooftop hideaway. As they had ignored her, she’d ignore them now. Nothing was more important that training, than preparing for the journey to Sunagakure.

Though, it had been what seemed an eternity since the girl had taken a break. One was long overdue. Her arms fell to her sides like limp noodles, spent from the exercise. They were awarded only a moments rest before being lifted high above the genin’s head. She leaned back and stretched the fatigue out of her muscles as best she could. Her hands were clasped and stretched to their furtherest as well. When that was done finally her arms would know rest again, and fell to her sides once more.

“…hungry.” Oomi grumbled. Unfortunately, food for the moment was further than she cared to walk. Instead a short jaunt to the edge of the roof was taken. Once there Oomi plopped down and set her gaze on the people down on the street. They weren’t exactly ants from this height, maybe something bigger… roaches. Oomi giggled at her own thoughts though decided on describing the people so far away as mice. “All nice and snug in your maze. Happy to amount to nothing. Not me, not Oomi.” The girl announced with a vehement thrust of her thumb into her chest. “Nope, I’m going to be something."

Her truth spoken aloud the girl leaned forward slightly and set her elbows against her knees. Even now she was training. She’d come to believe that she could will her eyesight to be better, to be able to pick up on details even from this far away. She’d not find much success, though she’d always find something. Something that would convince her that her theory was correct. This time around it was the sneaky little pick pocket that had just confiscated a few ryo from the chubby guy that he’d bumped into. In truth, that’s probably not what actually happened but her judgement of the theifs body language lead her to believe so. She didn’t move to stop him though, doubt wouldn’t let her.

Instead her eyes wandered to another group of people; three young men and two equally youthful girls, all perhaps no more than a year or two older than Oomi herself. Two of the five were actual shinobi, the other three had opted to take up supporting the village in other ways. This was clear in their choices of attire. One of the boys wore his head band tightly around his forehead, displaying the protector which bore Iwagakure’s mark proudly. The metal of it caught the sunlight and gave it away, Oomi might not have noticed it so readily otherwise. The same was true for the slightly more visible metal plate that adorned a scarf wrapped around one of the girls necks.

As if both had sensed eyes on them the young shinobi down below titled their gaze upward. No doubt they saw Oomi. If Oomi could have seen them better, she might have read the mentions of her strangeness on their lips. The girl with the scarf motioned for her troupe to vacate the scene and they obliged.

As if the entire block had noticed her gaze, things began to clear out. Everyone suddenly seemed to be speaking some ill judgment of the hawk on the roof. In response Oomi leaned forward a little further and shook a defiant right fist at them. “That’s right! Get outtah he’ah!” She shouted just loud enough that she’d feel like she’d done something but no one would really hear her; notably in some accent she’d picked up poorly from a movie.

Unfortunately for Oomi the shake of her fist was just enough to throw off her precarious stop on the edge of the roof. Without warning the girl suddenly found herself in the open air. It was happening again. There were flashbacks of the last time she’d fallen off this very same roof, of how she’d narrowly escaped with her life. How she’d been robbed of the warmth of the sun, of the equally warm embrace of her father. She sucked her teeth as air rushed passed her and the ground grew ever closer. This, this was nothing. She’d been through worse chasing down the notorious escape artist; Mastermind Goat.

Oomi lifted her right hand, the fingers of which were curled into a funnel, and placed it in front of her mouth. A blast of wind shot forth a split second later; Wind Release: Stream (Fūton: Nagare ~ 風遁・流れ). The gust slowed her descent considerably, so much so that the girl hit the ground as if she’d leapt from no more than a second story window. A stress on her legs, but a crouch and subsequent roll would ensure that whatever damage was done was minimal. Not that she’d feel it anyway.

Training:

Jutsu Used:
[/color]

Last edited by Oomi on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:56 pm; edited 4 times in total

Oomi

Oomi

D-rank

-Receiving marching orders-

Mission:

It wasn’t until Oomi had stood back up and was dusting herself off that she noticed she’d had an audience. Even then it didn’t truly occur to her that the person was there until the sound of their slow clap reached her ears. She pivoted on her heels and turned to face the witness. To her surprise it was a familiar face, one belonging to in Iwagakure’s Hospital rather than out on the street with her. “Dr. Tao?” She questioned with a tilt of her head.

“I’d give it a 7.5, I think you can do better.” The doctor said with a wide grin. “By better I mean you can avoid landing yourself in my care again.” He added with a light chuckle. He lifted his left hand and with it revealed a small stack of boxes all neatly bound together by a deep red bit of fabric. “I was actually looking for you. I thought I might find you on the roof. Ms. Yin, at the Ramen Shop, stopped me on my way to work.” He continued. “She gave me these; a donation for the hospitals food drive.” He paused for a moment as he handed Oomi the boxes. The poor girl accepted them on reflex. “Seeing as I’m headed into the hospital I thought you might be able to deliver them for me. No sense in taking it all the way back to the hospital to get cold.” He nodded his head in agreement with himself. “Take them to the Lee’s, I’m sure they could use for a little kindness right now.” He continued solemnly. “Come by when you’re done, we’ll make sure that you get paid like the other food runners.”

Dr. Tao didn’t wait for Oomi to actually respond. Before a word came out of her mouth he’d already turned and started in the direction of the hospital, leaving Oomi standing there thoroughly confused as to how she’d suddenly been drafted. A few seconds of inspecting the boxes followed. She could only imagine what was inside, but whatever it was it wasn’t Ramen. Maybe the Ms. Yin was trying something new, or had cooked these up in her personal kitchen. Whatever the case, it smelled good. A fist pump later Oomi was off like a lightning bolt.

It was all she could do to resist the urge to open up the boxes and ‘sample’ what was inside. The boxes themselves were cradled against her chest like an infant, in an attempt to keep from sloshing their contents around too much. The Lee’s lived a few blocks away in the opposite direction of the hospital, understandable why the good Doctor didn’t want to do it himself. The distance was just long enough to give Oomi an idea, an idea she might have had even were the Lee’s residents of her own building.

A change in direction sent the young woman toward a nearby building, and with a step she was headed up its facade. The boxes of food were shifted so that they’d be upside … up, as she ran up the apartment buildings face. When she reached the top she slid the boxes up onto the roof and then took a gangly step over herself. The boxes were then retrieved and she moved to the opposite end of the roof. It was time to plot her course.

A few moments later Oomi had taken quite a few steps back and suddenly sprang forward. She was going to leap the gap from this building to the next. Conveniently both were about the same height. Legs made for the taijutsu she loved so much propelled her from one roof to the other. The boxes of food sloshed and jostled a bit, but they’d be fine she was sure. One quick look over them and she confirmed that thought, despite never looking inside. That done she sprinted toward the edge of this roof as well and leapt from it. The next was much closer and the next after that closer still. Though the following roof was going to prove a challenge.

Oomi back away from the edge after having surveyed the distance. She moved back to the opposite end and began to channel the flow of her chakra toward her legs, it wasn’t going to do much but the sensation would be remembered and the technique perfected in due time. Like a race car she speed toward the opposite side of the roof and kicked off its edge with all her might.

Unfortunately, it wasn’t enough. Her feet hit the edge of the other roof hard, jostling the boxes of food and nearly causing her to drop them. The action of attempting to steady them ironically, however, would be her saving grace. The sway of her arms prevented her from falling backwards and plummeting to her doom. A sigh of relief slipped from between Oomi’s lips and she casually strolled to the other end of the building. The next over was where the Lee’s lived. She’d made it, and the food was relatively safe at that… at least it was all still in its neatly bound boxes. No telling what things looked like on the inside.

Oomi literally stepped over the side of the roof, and with Shūgyō’shikachō she began her descent down the face of the building. The food was held in both hands, upside always where it ought to be. When she finally reached the ground she drew a few eyes. There was that strange girl that seemed set on never traveling around the village like a normal person, always walking on buildings and such. Laugh it up, citizens! Oomi thought to herself. They’d have plenty of stories to tell about how weird she was before she became Tsuchikage. The girl giggled at the idea that those stories might be told to convey the fact that she’d always been a strange one, implying that she’d be still be the odd roof traipsing girl she was now even then.

A few boring steps and a door knocking later Oomi was presenting the youngest Lee with the now slightly disheveled boxes of food. “Here! Tell your mom that it’s from Iwa Hospital.” When the boy took the food Oomi held up the peace sign, with her right hand, near her face where she winked an eye. “Iwagakure cares~” She chimed and turned to leave. The poor boy, glad to have the food, stood there confused and amazed all at once.

A short time later Oomi found herself in Dr. Tao’s office, recanting the tail of her mission to deliver food. Her version of it, however, some how managed to include what she called Taijutsu Monkeys, a Unicorn, and some kind of rodent. Dr. Tao simply listened with a vague smile on his face. Did she even realize how crazy she sounded?

Training:

Jutsu Used:

An Oomi a Day ( Stat Training | Solo | Mission: Deliver Food ) 14uclg1
Final Training Results:
[/center]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.