You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Kuguratsu Clan Empty The Kuguratsu Clan Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:45 pm

Sasei K. Kuguratsu

D-rank
Clan: Kuguratsu

Kekkei Genkai: Kurugugan

Elements: None

Specialization: Kugutsu (Does not have to take as primary, or at all)

Clan History:
Born in Sunagakure, not long after it's creation, was a child named Kuguratsu. He had no surname and belonged to no known clan. He was adopted into one of the poorer clans of Sunagakure, one which had no real power, as Shinobi and in terms of politics involving Sunagakure. Kuguratsu was different than any Shinobi in Sunagakure, he was born with special eyes. These eyes had no obvious abilities, however supposedly made him shunned by his own family, hence why he was found orphaned on the streets. Kuguratsu's life goal was finding a use for his Doujutsu, seeking fame through it, figuring that unlocking it's secrets would simultaneously unlock a great power of him. Eventually, being a puppeteer, he experimented with his puppets, as they were what he naturally used for combat. Through years of experience with his puppets, he developed the use of the Kurugugan as used by the Kuguratsu clan to the most recent date. Eventually this man had children, and they inherited the Doujutsu he possessed, this was the origin of the Kuguratsu clan.

Kekkei Genkai Description: The Kurugugan's appearance has the user's pupils disappear from their eyes, this is a permanent effect. The Kurugugan is used to see through the eyes of the user's Puppets, with beads that the clan itself forges, and the user stores their chakra in, linking their eyes to it. This allows for the user to do nothing more than link to the eyes of the puppet, where the puppet shares what is within their sight range with the user, up to a complete 180 degree normal field of vision, anything different depends on how the puppet is made.
Item used with Kurugugan:
Drawbacks:
- Alongside the strings -5 per post chakra cost, the Kurugugan requires 10 chakra upon linking to the puppet/eyes with the strings, otherwise the user cannot see through the puppet's eyes.
- User receives -1 Reaction Time when using Kurugugan to see through puppets. (Does not affect Puppets speed or Reaction time.)
- If the user chooses to make Kugutsu their secondary, they receive -2 to their reaction time.
- Cannot use the Kurugugan to link to the puppets eyes if they have Kugutsu as a third spec, as it becomes to complicated for them to keep up with.
- If the user refuses to take Kugutsu, then the Kurugugan becomes fairly useless.
- Eyes can be transplanted, however 5000 words with Kugutsu as Primary must be necessary as training for user to get used to using the Kurugugan, until then the user receives -3 to reaction time. With Kugutsu as a secondary spec, the user receives -1 rank in Reaction while Kurugugan is active, and requires 8000 words to change it to -2 in reaction. Kurugugan is useless to anyone who has puppetry as a third spec.
- In regards to looking through multiple puppets at once, the user receives -1 Reaction Time for every pair of eyes their are seeing through past two, not including their own, this is with puppetry as their Main Spec. With Kugutsu, or Puppetry as a second spec, the user receives -2 Reaction Time for every pair of eyes they are looking through past the first pair, not including their own. This stacks with the debuff for those getting the Kurugugan Transplanted.
- Every Pair of eyes on the puppet, that the Kurugugan can be used with, counts as an attachment for the user's puppet.
- The user has access to all of their puppets' sight range, however the user can choose to see through the puppets eyes. The user has to give up their own field of vision to access their puppet's.
Members: Sasei K. Kuguratsu

Kekkei Genkai Jutsu: None listed.

Last edited by Sasei K. Kuguratsu on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total

2The Kuguratsu Clan Empty Re: The Kuguratsu Clan Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:14 pm

Taede

Taede

D-rank
Does the Doujutsu Kurugugan have any necessary activation cost? If you're infusing more chakra than normally required for Kugutsu no Jutsu, there probably should be one.

What is the difference in item rank? If there is none, you can make this a single-rank item. 400 at all ranks is most likely a no-go.

Is there any difference in using Kurugugan on more than one puppet at once? Better question, are you able to use it on multiple in the first place? Can you implant more than normally possible for human vision?

-1 RT is a good thing for this, but what is it in relation to; only what you're able to see? Not affecting your puppets' RT seems odd if it's only in your line of sight and not your puppet's.

3The Kuguratsu Clan Empty Re: The Kuguratsu Clan Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:56 pm

Sasei K. Kuguratsu

D-rank
Edited. Sent you a PM in regards to some of the questions.

Kino wrote:
Taede wrote:
Does the Doujutsu Kurugugan have any necessary activation cost? If you're infusing more chakra than normally required for Kugutsu no Jutsu, there probably should be one.

Added into drawbacks:

- Alongside the strings -5 per post chakra cost, the Kurugugan requires 10 chakra upon linking to the puppet/eyes with the strings, otherwise the user cannot see through the puppet's eyes.

Taede wrote:
What is the difference in item rank? If there is none, you can make this a single-rank item. 400 at all ranks is most likely a no-go.

The difference between the items' rank is that their rank is dependent on the user's. I was thinking that since items can be broken with a Jutsu of equal rank, that since these eyes were infused with the user's chakra, that they should be equal to the user's rank, thus making them to where they aren't easily broken, seeing as seeing through them is the most use that they have. Lemme know if you want me to change it still; could you give me a suggestion for the rank if so? Or a more reasonable price than 400.

Also: Price being 400 was because for some reason I figured that the prices weren't going to be as high as they were, wanted to make it to where the user had to work for them. I can bump it up to 1,000, or even 2,000 if you want me to, if I may keep the items' rank the same as the user's.

Taede wrote:

Is there any difference in using Kurugugan on more than one puppet at once? Better question, are you able to use it on multiple in the first place? Can you implant more than normally possible for human vision?

Added this into drawbacks:
- In regards to looking through multiple puppets at once, the user receives -1 Reaction Time for every pair of eyes their are seeing through past two, not including their own, this is with puppetry as their Main Spec. With Kugutsu, or Puppetry as a second spec, the user receives -2 Reaction Time for every pair of eyes they are looking through past the first pair, not including their own. This stacks with the debuff for those getting the Kurugugan Transplanted.
Regarding to the multiple pair of eyes in puppets, it would depend on the Puppet's app I suppose. I can up the price, making it harder to get more of these eyes while at the same time making the puppet. Also: Even if the puppet has say 100 eyes, the user can only use them if all of them are the items I registered onto the app. Meaning if only two of them are the proper items, the user can only see through a single pair and not the entire puppet.

Taede wrote:
-1 RT is a good thing for this, but what is it in relation to; only what you're able to see? Not affecting your puppets' RT seems odd if it's only in your line of sight and not your puppet's.

When I made the reaction time debuff I was thinking that, since the user is looking through multiple eyes, that the user would have to register which puppet he would be moving, which pair of eyes he were looking through, and etc. Basically since he has more awareness of whats going on, it would be at the same time harder for him to keep up with it all. I was assuming you were asking me why I made it RT and nothing else. For why it doesn't effect Puppet's RT, I didn't remember that they had it, (And didn't really make sense to me as to why they do, pardon. Considering I'm still the one moving 'em o.o) Figured since it was my vision, I would have to register what was happening, thus move them myself.

Extra Note: Instead of regular pricing, someone from the Kuguratsu clan may purchase a pair for 3,000 Ryo at all ranks. If buying only a single eye, then the cost is reduced by 500, and costs 2,500.

I changed the price: and made a discount if only buying one instead of a pair.

4The Kuguratsu Clan Empty Re: The Kuguratsu Clan Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:11 pm

Taede

Taede

D-rank
3000 Ryo at all ranks actually overprices it at lower ranks; being that they are not very useful in themselves, and only a conduit for a jutsu, I have listed below a set of sample prices, per pair; they are in some cases discounted from normal item prices, but not by a huge margin.

Code:
[b]E-Rank:[/b] 50 Ryo
[b]D-rank:[/b] 150 Ryo
[b]C-rank:[/b] 300 Ryo
[b]B-rank:[/b] 700 Ryo
[b]A-rank:[/b] 1400 Ryo
[b]S-rank:[/b] 3000 Ryo
[b]SS-rank:[/b] 8000 Ryo

Perhaps you may include a clause saying that you may subtract the cost of your existing puppet eyes from the cost of a higher-ranked set, in order to upgrade them? (Thus, upgrading C-rank eyes to B-rank would be 400 Ryo, and B to C 700. This would give you the same number of eyes, but better-quality.)

Now, puppets of each rank have a limited number of attachments. I presume these eyes would not tally up against that count?

Righto; I forgot to consider that all your puppets move at your Reaction Time anyhow.

One thing I'd like you to detail; how is a Kurugugan user perceiving multiple fields of vision? I'm unsure of a way in which two fields of vision can actually be accessed by a single person without completely swapping out sensory input (that is, sacrificing your own sight temporarily for that of the puppets, á la Gaara's Third Eye technique).

I don't think you much need the Hesitant (Spec), as it's not relevant to the only positive power this clan has, that being the Kurugugan. Once the eye and all its abilities are balanced, there's not much holding this clan back from approval, since it's pretty bare-bones and to the point.

5The Kuguratsu Clan Empty Re: The Kuguratsu Clan Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:33 am

Sasei K. Kuguratsu

D-rank
Added that after the first pair of eyes, each pair counts as an attachment to the puppet. I can change it to each pair of eyes is an attachment if you'd like.
- Every Pair of eyes on the puppet, that the Kurugugan can be used with, counts as an attachment for the user's puppet.

Went ahead and added that the user gives up their own sight, and that they can only access one field of vision at a time.
- The user has access to all of their puppets' sight range, however the user can choose to see through the puppets eyes. The user has to give up their own field of vision to access their puppet's.

Used your suggested prices; and added where the user pays the difference when upgrading.

6The Kuguratsu Clan Empty Re: The Kuguratsu Clan Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Sasei K. Kuguratsu

D-rank
Pardon, bumping.

7The Kuguratsu Clan Empty Re: The Kuguratsu Clan Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:06 am

Taede

Taede

D-rank
Every pair after the first is fine, I think that's fair.

Since you're giving up your sight for your puppets, I think the -1 to RT could go if you like. I would like to see what restrictions there are on switching between fields of vision, if you do so.

1/2 approved in current form.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.