You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kaitu Burasu

Kaitu Burasu

D-rank
Mission:

I could tell this was going to be a good morning. I had gotten up before the sun, and could hear the wildlife outside. I decided to lay in my bed, just taking it all in. It was nice when I was able to do this. I enjoyed the peace.

When the sun rose, I got up to make myself breakfast. My mother was still asleep, so I tried to be quiet as I walked out the door. I had some time to kill, so I took a hike up to Hokage Mountain. When I got there, I leaned against the railing on the cliff face overlooking the village supposedly hidden in leaves. From where I was standing, I could see nearly everything. It was quite nice.

I heard something that sounded like a squawk above me, and looked up to see a raven flying overhead. It looked like it had a scroll tied to one of its claws.

A message from another land, perhaps? But birds like falcons are generally used for that kind of communication. I wonder what land uses ravens. Maybe a nearby village instead of a neighboring land. Then again, perhaps I just underestimate the distance capabilities of ravens.

I watched as the bird descended to the carrier-bird receiving room of the Administration Building, and decided to head down from the mountain. It was probably time to get my mission for the day.

When I reached the Administration Building, I walked in to find someone walking across the entrance room with a scroll in hand hurriedly trying to jot something down. When he saw me, his eyes lit up.

"Oh!" he exclaimed, "Perfect! You're a genin, right?"

I nodded.

"Great! I have a mission for you! There's a village on the Naka River a couple of miles from here. They've been getting raided by bandits lately, and they requested our help. None of the bandits were nuke-nin, or even knew how to use chakra, so it should be fine for a genin to handle."

He gave me detailed instructions on how to get to the village, and sent me on my way. He struck me as one of those people who wanted to do everything as quickly as possible. I just hoped this mission wouldn't prove too difficult for my pay grade.

Wordcount: 392

Jutsu Used:
None

Kaitu Burasu

Kaitu Burasu

D-rank
By the time I reached the village, It was already noon. I had found the person in charge, and they introduced me to Faela, a woman who had followed the bandits and seen them make camp. I wondered how she wasn't caught, but I trusted that she would lead me to the right site, even if it was a trap.

After a long walk, we had finally reached the outpost. I was standing outside, weighing my different options for surveillance, when I was surrounded by five figures dressed in somewhat baggy clothing, each with a bandana covering their face.

Five v one. This'll be interesting.

I didn't want a bystander to be hurt by the fight, so I commented to Falea, "I suggest you run and find a place to hide."

To my slight shock and great disappointment, she jumped away and put on a bandana as well.

So I guess it's six v one now.

One, who looked to be the leader, motioned to another behind me, who subsequently decided to charge me with a kunai.

Well, I guess sometimes there is NO time to try diplomacy with these people. The others were whooping and cheering the person charging me along. I stood ready, keeping an eye on the others just in case they decided they wanted to join in, and thought of what I could do.

I easily parried the first strike, but the second lunge caught me a little off guard. It scratched me, but I was able to soon get behind my attacker and kick the back of his knee. While he was on the ground, I lowered myself and used a side sweep on his right. He laid groaning on the ground whilst I prepared my Earth Armor.

“Impressive,” said one of them, the one I had earlier assumed was the leader. “You’re a ninja, huh? I guess they sent a kid to figure out what’s been happening. Don’t we deserve something more? Let’s send them a message, you can’t send a boy to take down men! And women, Falea, I’m not forgetting.” There was a lot more whooping and hollering as they took more aggressive stances. This time, someone charged from my left, and I was able to trip them up. They did a bit of an impressive move where they were able to turn and throw two kunai as they fell, though. I blocked with my arms, and my armor deflected them.

Good thing I got that up before I got hit.

The, quite acrobatic, bandit managed to roll back onto their feet as they took a kunai from the pocket of their injured comrade.

Was their plan to get to the injured comrade to protect them, or just get another kunai?

The bandit rushed at me, and we started dueling with our blades. We were actually a pretty even match, so I knew I needed to use chakra to end this quickly. I hopped back and threw two shuriken (one handed mind you) as I burrowed underground. I went as quickly as I could, and heard a small thump above me. I stuck my hand out and pulled them through. I popped back out and saw the remaining three members in a formation.

“Well, I underestimated you. I will admit that. But we’ve been going easy on you. Let’s see you handle the three of us at the same time!

Okay, this was going to be a bit more challenging.

The two in front (they were in some kind of triangle formation, with the speaking one at the back) ran forward and stood close on either side. The one on my right jabbed at me, I grabbed their wrist, and threw them at their partner, sending them both to the ground. I looked up, expecting that the leader would use my preoccupation to land a blow on me, but he…was running away. This wasn’t good. But it was the perfect opportunity to use that new jutsu I had learned for the Chunin exams. I made the hand signs, and blue-white ropes of electricity shot out from me. I winced as I squinted my eyes. I still needed to tone it down a bit or I would hurt myself more than my opponent. The ropes wrapped around him just barely in my reduced range, and started pulling him towards me.

“W-wait a second,” he stammered. “I’m sure we could arrange something.”

Was a single foe ever going to take defeat with dignity?
Not if these guys kept being the ONLY foes I’m able to defeat.

The problem was, he wasn’t exactly defeated yet. I had him restrained, but had no way to transport them. I had to think of the next move before he could see through me. I closed my eyes and thought of a plan. It might work, but I would need to be fast.

I summoned my Raitoboru and sent one at him, hitting him square between the eyes. While he was dazed, I released the arc restraint jutsu and ran, putting my plan into action. I would need to find a log…

Wordcount: 872+392=1264

Jutsu used:
Double Suicide Decapitation Technique:
Lesser Earth Armor Technique:
Arc Restraint (Note Added for KKG):
Raitoboru:
Substitution Technique:

Chakra: 75/150

Kaitu Burasu

Kaitu Burasu

D-rank
When he finally recovered, I had my kunai to the back of his neck. I wasn’t able to trap him underground so soon after I had trapped the other, but this method of restraint might be feasible. His shoulders slouched, but he quickly turned around, kicking me in the process. Then, he took two kunai and threw them. They both struck, and blood spurted out.

Luckily, I had prepared a substitution jutsu, but that looked like it would’ve seriously hurt. He looked at my “dead” body with a look of triumph, until it turned into a log. By then, I had snuck up on him, and planted a punch on the side of his head. Luckily for me, not so much for him, he was in the process of turning around. He was knocked out cold.

Job well done, Kaitu, I thought as I rubbed my hand, trying to ease the pain.

Job well done.

Wordcount: 157+1264=1421

Jutsu used:
Substitution Technique:

Chakra: 70/150

EXIT THREAD

Total wordcount: 1421
-1000 (Mission)
-325 (Perception D->D1)
----------------------------
Remaining Wordcount: 96

Ryo earned: 0 (mission reward was a jutsu)
-25 (Perception Training)
----------------------------
Ryo lost: 25

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.