You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kaitu Burasu

Kaitu Burasu

D-rank
Mission:
“So, how is the training for the Chunin exams going?”
I was taken a little aback by the question. I was helping Asida with some mechanical stuff that I could barely understand, and the work had been somewhat quiet until then. Neither of us was really talkative, so it took a moment for me to gather my thoughts.
“Not as well as I would’ve liked. My sensei’s been out on mission since we got him and I haven’t even met one of my teammates. Given that a big part of the Chunin exams consists of testing teamwork and cooperation, I’m not as prepared as I’d like to be. I have been sitting on some new ideas for jutsu though.”
“Well,” said Asida as he was tinkering with some small metal bits that I could not name, “Why don’t you just meet without your sensei? You guys could at least get to know each other’s powers then.”
I turned to him and smirked as I attempted to clean some grease off myself.
“I actually did meet one of my comrades…”
“Comrades?” he interrupted as he smirked along with me, “Sometimes I forget you’re part of a military.”
“The fact that I carry knives around everywhere doesn’t tip you off frequently enough?”
“Fair enough,” he laughed. “So, who’d you meet?”
“A ninja who got under my skin in a way I didn’t think possible.”
“I don’t know what jutsu that guy uses, but I hope that’s metaphorical.”
I laughed. It was nice having Asida as a friend, and he was probably my closest even though we’d only known each other for a short while. In the academy, I had friends, but not…close friends. Asida was a welcome change. As long as I had one good friend, I wouldn’t need many other.
“Well, you better learn to stand them if you expect to pass the Chunin Exams.”
I knew he was right, but I didn’t see how I could honestly work with that guy. I respected him as a shinobi, but his personality didn’t exactly compliment my own.
At that moment, Edina entered the room with a joyous expression.
“Sorry to barge in, but I just had an idea! There are a couple of things around here that could use endurance testing, and multiple attack styles from multiple ninja would be perfect for that!”
Asida and I looked at each other for a moment, and Asida turned to Edina to say, “That’s a good idea. We could really see how that one thing stands up to…”
As they got on to their excited in-talk that I had grown to expect, I headed out in search of Itazura.

Wordcount: 464

Tsu-chan

Tsu-chan

D-rank
"Going to test some equipment~ Hoping to get something nice to invent~!" The green haired girl was humming a tuneless melody about her new mission. Testing new equipment for the military. Well, she had to stop her singing and think about how the inventing would go because she actually wasn't the one inventing anything, just testing them out.

Ahh... I wonder if I can keep anything? I wonder if I can eat anything.. The girl let absent minded thoughts fill her head as she kept walking down the path. It was a sunny afternoon, warm but not unbearably hot. A few white clouds dotted the sky, but the sun shone promisingly on the young girl. It was a nice day for an easy mission, and something to keep her head up for the chunin exams.

"Oh!" Before Tsuru knew it, she had bumped directly into a boy with dark hair and red eyes. Due to her own klutziness she ended up falling backwards to the ground. "Ah... sorry!" She looked to the boy, he was wearing a konoha forehead protector and a white collared vest. His black hair was slightly messy, but tied in the back. She felt as if she had seen him before, she ended up just tilting her head and staring him from the ground trying to figure out if she'd seen him before.

~229~

Itazura Sarutobi

Itazura Sarutobi

D-rank
Today was looking to be a pretty good day. I had a nice sleep, a good breakfast, and bit of time to kill before I had to report for my mission. This was going to be the first time my team was going to be meeting all together.

"I wonder if Kai-bō and Tsuru have met yet?" I pondered to myself aloud. I had been training myself to call Kaitu 'Kai-bō' ever since I met him. He was just too fun a target NOT to mess with. I got a huge grin just thinking of his reaction. Even though we only had the one encounter, which ended in a spar, I could tell we were going to be friends. I just didn't know if he knew it yet.

I hadn't actually met Tsuru Shoku-whateveritwas yet, but I hoped Kaitu hadn't either. It's not like he was a real charmer, but I wanted to be the friendly introduction Tsuru had to the team. It certainly couldn't hurt my chances. I had never really talked to her before, but if I could 'accidentally' run into her before Kaitu could, well, I might be able to get to know her over a bowl of ramen or something. My smile from the thought of pestering Kaitu...no, Kai-bō, turned into one of joy at the prospect of my plan with Tsuru coming to fruition. I felt something dripping down my face, and I realized my nose had started bleeding.

My nose had an annoying tendency of doing that whenever I had thoughts that weren't exactly innocent. I wiped my nose as I turned the corner and saw Tsuru on the ground.

This was perfect! I would get to demonstrate how much of a gentleman I really wasn't. I quickly walked up, ready to extend my hand, when I saw who she had bumped into. Just my luck that she literally ran into him right before I would've run into her!

I maintained my grin while I greeted him. "Hey Kai-bō, what's up?"

352~

Kaitu Burasu

Kaitu Burasu

D-rank
I had arrived back in Konoha, and was walking down a path in one of the fenced regions, when my thoughts on where to find Itazura were interrupted by someone walking into me. I was startled by it, and looked down to see that the girl who had walked into me had fallen down.

"Ah...sorry," apologized the fallen girl.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sorry for not paying more attention." As I helped her up, I noticed that I recognized her from somewhere, but I couldn't remember from where. I was about to introduce myself to try to ascertain her name, when I heard a familiar voice yell, "Hey Kai-bō, what's up!"

I had found him, but what did he just call me?

"Itazura," I responded, "I'm glad I found you, but I would thank you not to call me that. Now that you're here, we have to find Tsuru Shokubotsosou, and head over to start our mission. You wouldn't happen to know her, would you?"

464+175=639

Tsu-chan

Tsu-chan

D-rank
The raven haired boy with red eyes apologized back as he helped Tsuru up. "Don't worry about it. I'm sorry for not paying more attention." With those red eyes of his, he seemed to look at her like she had stared at him. Perhaps he had recognized her, but couldn't say where exactly. And the whole bumping into him gave Tsu an odd feeling of something like this had happened before. Just as the two were trying to figure out if that had seen each other before, a voice interrupted them.

"Hey Kai-bō, what's up?" It was a boy slightly taller than herself, with oddly two toned hair, brown and blonde. The raven haired boy looked at the newcomer with a partially confused stare. The raven haired boy recovered quickly, almost as if he was ignoring the other boy's comment.

"Itazura, I'm glad I found you, but I would thank you not to call me that.Now that you're here, we have to find Tsuru Shokubutsosou, and head over to start our mission. You wouldn't happen to know her, would you?"

Before he could reply to the raven haired boy, Tsuru realized that her name had been said. A particially mispronounced last name, but that was usual considering not many ever actually said it right om the first try.

"Ah! Um.... I'm Tsuru Shokubutsusou!" She pointed to herself to express the fact, though the girl was very confused as to why these two boys, probably named 'Kai-bō' and 'Itazura' were looking for her.

~276/505~

Itazura Sarutobi

Itazura Sarutobi

D-rank
"Ah! Um.... I'm Tsuru Shokubutsusou!"

I had to bite my lip to stifle a laugh. So..apparently they hadn't exactly met yet. I ran up and took her hand to shake mine.

"Sorry for this guy *gesturing to Kaitu* being so rude. I'm Itazura Sarutobi, this is Kai-bō, and we're all three on a team together!"

I realized I had a bit of a cheesy smile on my face, but I stuck with it. I even went the extra-cheesy degree and bowed to her.

"And if I may say so, it's great having such a lovely ninja as yourself on our team."

I stood straight up and said, "You were told we had our first joint mission today, right? Well, let's go!"

Without waiting for a response, I decided to head off in a random direction. Kai-bō was the one who had been going to the place , but I wanted to show Tsuru, who I might start calling Tsu-chan if I wasn't slapped, that I could take charge. The way I was heading was A way out of the village, so I hoped it would work.

On second thought though, I might look like a bit of a fool, so I tried to excuse myself with, "Let's go this way. I always loved the beauty of the plants on this route." I knew that the Shokubutsusou were famous for their Multiple Vine Technique, so I hoped my comment would hit the mark. Also, I hoped there would be plants on this route.

~264/616

Kaitu Burasu

Kaitu Burasu

D-rank
"You were told we had our first joint mission today, right? Well, let's go!" declared Itazura, before setting off in the completely wrong direction.

I was about to remind him of the correct path, when he said, "Let's go this way. I always loved the beauty of the plants on this route."

"I'm afraid we have no time for a scenic route. Edina-sensei and Asida are waiting for us. They're the scientists I've been working with for the past few weeks."

While I waited for Itazura to turn back around, I turned to Tsuru and again apologized.

"I'm sorry for mispronouncing your name. I had only read it the once and never heard it aloud. My name, contrary to what Itazura has told you, is Kaitu Burasu. I look forward to working with you."

I really hoped that she wouldn't start calling me by the nickname Itazura whipped up. She seemed to be quite quiet and shy though, which was certainly  welcome change from Itazura. It was very likely that she was suprised, however, by our sudden and quite unorthodox introduction.

"Let us depart though. It wouldn't be good for us to keep them waiting any longer. And by the way, if you wouldn't mind preparing your strongest jutsu whilst we travel, offensive or defensive, I believe they are having us test the endurance of a few weapons and shields."

Wordcount: 639+240=879

Tsu-chan

Tsu-chan

D-rank
The oddly blonde and brunette boy seemed to hold in laughter as Tsuru had confirmed her identity. She had to tilt her head in some confusion as to what he was laughing at. "Sorry for this guy," He motioned to the raven haired boy. "being so rude. I'm Itazura Sarutobi, this is Kai-bo, and we're all three on a team together. And if I may say so, it's great having such a lovely ninja as yourself on our team."

The blonde, aptly named Itazura, gave a bow to her, along with a really, really friendly smile. He seemed very excited to have her on his team, which Tsu thought to be very nice. Though, her apparent teammate also happened to talk a lot and in a rather fast paced manner and the sudden rush of information he was giving her only made Tsuru even more confused.  

The blonde quickly stood back up, heading ahead of the other two genin to maybe where the current mission was. That seemed to be the only thing that made sense to the girl, as the testing military equipment was the only mission that she had taken. The sudden introduction of a team was very unexpected, but it was a pleasant surprise, especially if she was going to have such an energetic partner on her team.  The way that he was going he mentioned it having lots of plants, so maybe he even liked plants too? That was wonderful! If this Itazura really liked things like gardening or flowers or perhaps growing, Tsu herself was very excited to get to know him more.

She was just about to follow behind him before the raven haired boy, named 'Kai-bo' by Itazura told him that they apparently had no time for a scenic route Tsuru herself shrugged in disappointment. The raven haired boy turned to her, now finally getting a chance to correctly introduce himself, rather than the nickname that Itazura had called him.

"I'm sorry for mispronouncing your name. I had only read it the once and never heard it aloud. My name, contrary to what Itazura has told you, is Kaitu Burasu. I look forward to working with you." Unlike Itazura, Kaitu seemed more reserved and perjaps more serious than his blonde and brunette counterpart. Tsu thought it was so surprising and very funny to have two very different people on her team with her. The girl hadn't even realized that she was on a team. The two boys seemed to be very familiar with each other already, she hoped she wouldn't be an odd burden on their freindship. After all, Itazura seemed to be close enough to Kaitu to call him a nickname!

She bowed respectfully to both of them. "It's very nice to meet you, Kai-kun and Ita-kun."

Kaitu went on to say that they shouldn't keep the scientists waiting. Which was a very smart thing to say because it was probably true that the whole delay of them meeting and introducing each other probably was keeping them from the scientists. He even added that they should prepare a strong jutsu. "Oh, the weapons must be pretty strong too!" Tsuru said in awe just wondering what kind of new tools of the ninja trade she would see on this mission.

~571/1076~

Itazura Sarutobi

Itazura Sarutobi

D-rank
When we arrived at the site of the mission, which looked like an abandoned farm building, we were greeted by two people. There was a black haired-kid, who actually looked to be about our age, who introduced himself as Asida (an apprentice), as well as an older woman with frizzy brown hair and small...uh....assets....that introduced herself as Edina. Edina started talking to us quite jovially, as if we had been a long-seperated friend group, but Asida politely reminded us:
"Edina-sensei, we should get to the testing."
"Oh, yes! Almost forgot! Follow us, please."
We followed the two to a field with what looked like a target range. Except in the place of targets, there were shields. And in the place of bows and arrows, there were swords and kunai.

The woman, Edina, said, "We were testing out a new alloy to be used for the army. We know it's conductivity, density, weight, how it reacts with other substances, and other things like that. The thing we need you ninja to test is the strength of the metal. It isn't hard or expensive to create, so just have fun with this. We want you to use your most powerful ninjutsu, taijutsu, and bukijutsu to try to break these things."

After that, they left us, presumably to do more sciencey stuff.

"All right guys," I said as they disappeared into the farmhouse, "What should we destroy first?"

I was actually pretty excited for this mission. It was a chance to show off my awesome skills to impress Tsu-chan and make Kai-bō jealous. What would I start on though? I kinda didn't want to spend the time when I had the most chakra on anything but the strongest stuff, so I headed over to the shields.

"Watch, and be amazed." I set my fists ablaze and began wailing on the shield in front of me. I was hoping that the heat from the flames combined with the strength of my punches would be able to leave a dent in this thing. Then again, this was hoping that this was the new alloy, and not something like titanium. After all, this was at its base, a science experiment. There had to be controls and variables. The results wouldn't be acceptable without it being a proper experiment. I kept punching, and occasionally kicking (you know, to surprise it), until One of my blows glanced off of the side and hit a nearby stand, toppling it over, as well as catching it on fire. Because it toppled over, it set the next stand on fire as well. Luckily the next stand wasn't nearly close enough to create some kind of horrifying domino effect, but I was still pretty embarrassed. I turned around.

"Tadaaaaaa...Would you guys mind giving me a hand with this?" I looked down, then jokingly said, "Mine are kinda on fire."

Jutsu used:
Matchstick Fists:

~491/1107
----------------
OOC: Tsu-chan and Kaitu, I AM SO SORRY for not posting this until now. A couple of unexpected things came up and my life was busier than time allotted for a while. Please forgive me. I know it's happened before, but I am so very sorry. In the future, I promise that I will be more reliable than this. I feel absolutely terrible.

Kaitu Burasu

Kaitu Burasu

D-rank
"We were testing out a new alloy to be used for the army. We know it's conductivity, density, weight, how it reacts with other substances, and other things like that. The thing we need you ninja to test is the strength of the metal. It isn't hard or expensive to create, so just have fun with this. We want you to use your most powerful ninjutsu, taijutsu, and bukijutsu to try to break these things."

This was going to be an interesting experience. Along with seeing how the alloy would hold up, the experiment would allow me to see the extent of Tsuru's powers. Thanks to the battle, I had a rough estimate of Itazura's skills, but I hadn't even met Tsuru before today.

I wonder what kind of ninjutsu she uses. Or if she uses taijutsu like Ita, or genjutsu like me. That would be very beneficial if Tsuru was a genjutsu user. Then, I might be able to perfect that jutsu I've been working on a little more quickly.

"All right guys. What should we destroy first?"

I was taken out of my train of thought by Itazura's somewhat startling words, and kept my eye on him as he headed over to test out the shields. He directed us to "Watch, and be amazed," as he lit his fists on fire, a skill I did not realize he possessed. He then started punching at the shields, apparently without wanting much in the way of a warm-up, no pun intended.

If it really was no pun intended, you surely could've picked better wording, I thought to myself.

Great, now I'm commenting on my own inner monologue.

I couldn't get distracted from this mission any longer. I decided to head over to the area for testing kunai. I wasn't really proficient with swords, and I didn't want to hear Itazura's mocking remarks while I tested shields, so kunai would probably be my best fit.

I thought of how to test the alloy in the kunai, and decided on using my raitoboru. I summoned some, and sent one to float a couple meters away from me.

This actually wouldn't be a bad way to practice throwing kunai and shuriken.

I threw the kunai and closed my eyes as the raitoboru exploded. I looked around and found the kunai in a patch of dirt a few feet to my right. I walked over and picked the kunai up, inspecting it. It had a light mark on it, but other than that, the raitoboru really didn't seem to affect it that much. I couldn't exactly preform genjutsu on a knife, so I decided to think of other ways it could interact with chakra.

This next test was half-testing the alloy, but more testing my jutsu, but I had covered myself with my earth armor, and had the kunai in my right hand. I would see which would happen first: The alloy bending, or my armor breaking. Personally, I was hoping for the former, but I knew it would be a breakthrough (again with the puns) if it could pierce the armor.

I really should learn how to make a shadow clone to test these things on.

I enveloped the blade in chakra, and pointed it straight down at my armor-covered arm. Even if the knife did break through, it would've lost most of it's momentum by the time it reached my skin. I turned my head slightly away in anticipation, and plunged the blade down. There was a moment of fear in which I was not sure if I had even activated the armor in the first place (as it was invisible), but was relieved when the kunai crumpled slightly upon impact. I sighed, trying to release the stress of trying to stab myself.

That's not really a healthy mindset for me to have, is it? Still, it was part of the mission, and I had confidence in my jutsu. And I found out that the alloy wasn't the strongest of materials.

I'm pretty sure my instincts caused the blade to lose it's chakra sheathe before impact, but normally, a kunai wouldn't break against my armor. I thought of testing it again, this time making sure that the Item Reinforcement Technique would hold, but I decided against it. I had already gotten my heart racing, and I decided that I didn't want to experience cardiac arrest at age twelve. What could I do next though?

"Tadaaaaaa...Would you guys mind giving me a hand with this?"

I looked over to see Itazura standing in the middle of a circle of burning shield stands.

"Mine are kinda on fire."

"Itazura," I muttered to myself, "What have you done?"

I knew something like this would happen! I should've kept my eye on him like I was planning since the beginning! Oh well, no use now. I guess it's time to put our teamwork to the test.

I rushed over to help him try to stomp out some of the fire, while it was still generally contained. I turned to Tsuru and asked, "Tsuru, would you mind going over to ask Edina and Asida if they have a fire blanket or something?"

The fire wasn't too bad yet, but I didn't want wind to bring it anywhere else.

Jutsu used:
Raitoboru:
Lesser Earth Armor Technique:
Item Reinforcement Technique:

Chakra: 115/150

Wordcount: 913+879=1794

EXIT THREAD

Final Wordcount: 1794
-1000 (Mission)
-325 (Reaction Time D->D1)
-450 (Speed D2->D3)
--------------------------------
Remainder: 19

Ryo Reward: 200
-25 (Reaction Time D->D1)
-75 (Speed D2->D3)
--------------------------------
Net Ryo gained: 100

Tsu-chan

Tsu-chan

D-rank
Tsuru followed the two boys closely to apparently where they were testing the weapons. It was a rather large building with a rather large area around it. It reminded her of how her Uncle's greenhouse was situated in her family's gardens, put slightly out of the way on purpose for the reasons that something might possibly go awry. And to Tsu's experience buildings such as this one were erected in such a fashion for that very reason.

The two scientists that greeted them definitely reminded the girl of her Uncle. The older women, Edina, had frizzy hair and talked in an eccentric scientist fashion. There was also a younger boy who went by the name of Asida, who looked about the same age as the group of three. He seemed also a bit more leveled headed than the older woman, even reminding her about the task at hand. It reminded Tsu of her younger brother and how he interacted with her Uncle, though Ruto was probably more sarcastic than the polite dark haired boy in front of her. The duo led them to another area, what appeared like a target range. Tsu looked around  in awe at the weapons and shields that lay about the place. She only half listened to the explanation of something about metal alloys and conductivity and whatever, as the girl couldn't really even follow what the lady scientist was saying. The duo soon left and it was Itazura who spoke up first.

"All right guys, what should we destroy first?" The blonde seemed really excited to begin testing, er, destroying things. Tsuru herself was also anxious to begin because both he and Kaitu were so anxious. Well, Kaitu seemed to be in  a thinking state of mind, as he had probably fully listened to what the scientists had said. Tsu felt sort of embarrassed that she had been hardly been able to follow their words. But she was also very glad to have such a thoughtful ninja as her teammate.

"Watch and be amazed." Itazura immediately headed towards the shields. He set his fists on fire and began punching at the metal.

He set his fists on fire.

Fire.

It was all the girl could do but stand in shock at the sight of the flames. In her mind she saw a burning building and an inferno swallowing her whole. The heat suffocated her breathing, hot beads of sweat trailing down her skin. She was nothing but a small girl. She was weak. She was-

NO!

She had to yell it mentally at herself. She wasn't the same girl from yeras ago. And neither of her teammates knew her past, neither of them knew that and neither of them had to know. right now she just had to suck it up and pull through.  

She looked up, Kaitu hadn't seemed to notice her nervous fit. In fact he seemed to mainly ignore Itazura and his fists of fire. Tsuru ended up watching him test the kunai. Small energy orbs formed and floated around the raven haired boy. He controlled them with skill and directed a few ahead of him. In a flash of light, Tsu had to cover her eyes from the sudden brightness. Kaitu had throw the kunai at said floating orbs . He didn't seem to be done as he went to pick up the kunai from the ground. Much to Tsuru's surprise he pointed the blade unto himself. "Ahhh... Kai-kun!" But as he was about to jab the kunai in his arm, it crumpled slightly before the impact, leaving Kaitu uninjured. The girl let out a sigh of relief,

Now it was her turn. Both of the boys had already demonstrated a few of their skills, she hoped that she wasn't far behind either of them. She carefully made her way across the training yard, careful to avoid Itazura and his still blazing fists. The girl reached the shuriken, a few small circular blades, each shining with the special metal alloy. The girl took a deep breath and knelt down to the ground, her long green braids . She still felt a little frightful from the appearance of flames. But she did not blame Itazura for using a Fire Jutsu, she knew full well that other ninja would have fire elements and would likely use her fear to their advantage. She had to prove that she was different from that helpless girl so many years ago.

"Multiple Vine Technique, Second Vine!" In front of her, two vines of Mokuton Jutsu sprouted from the ground. In truth today was the first day the girl was using this jutsu, she had just learned the rank above it recently. The animated vines circled around the girl, her long green braids lifted up mimicking the movements of the vines. The weapons were shuriken, so she needed to be able to use them effectively, perhaps even against herself. At the end of each vine's tip, the dark green color of the stalk faded away to a withered looking brown. Moving her animated braids closer to her hand, the girl whipped out a kunai, which she had kept handily in her boot, with a slash she cut the ends of her braids, releasing the three bands of hair that made up the braids. The two vines that surrounded her copied this action with their withered ends falling apart. It its place the vine split apart into three smaller whip like vines. Looking down to the shuriken, Tsu grabbed them with the smaller vines, her hair mimicking the vine's actions. Stretching the vines as far as they could go from each other,  she controlled them with ease. Suddenly, the vines threw the shuriken were thrown from the plants to each other.

Within seconds, the vines on opposite ends had caught the objects thrown at them. Though, Tsuru had missed one shuriken entirely and it ended up across the yard into a tree. And another was stuck in the stalk of the the vine. The test was probably more of one to Tsuru's own speed, but she also was able to notice that the shurikens were slightly heavier than normal shuriken, displayed by the fact that she realized that she couldn't throw them with the usual precision with her Hydra Vines. She sighed and decided to make a note of that, she also looked to the shuriken that was stuck in the vine stalk. Said Shuriken happened to penetrate deeper than a normal shuriken would have. It was a another note to tell the scientists. Tsuru let out another big sigh, it was another thing to tell the scientists.

And with that, she let her braids fall back down to her sides. The vines fell down to the ground. She didn't really know if she did the whole testing thing right, but it was what she had felt to be right at the moment.

"Tadaaa... Would you guys mind giving me a hand with this?"

It was Itazura again, and this time he was standing in the middle of a blaze of burning shields. "Mine are kinda on fire..."

Tsuru blinked once, in that moment she didn't see a shinobi being casually surrounded by fire, but instead she saw a small girl with dark green hair and dark green eyes trapped in an inferno of flames.

"Tsuru," She blinked again and she saw a boy with raven hair and red eyes calling out to her. He simply was asking her to go get a fire blanket from Edina and Asida to.. put out the fire. She seemed to stare at him for a little, still trying to decide whether he was real or if he was in her mind. She eventually realized it was indeed Kai-kun her teammate.  

"Ahhh... okay!" She nodded furiously and ran towards the building. If anyone had cared to notice, a blush of red had actually tinged her cheeks as she ran to find the scientists.

~Exit Thread~

~1351/2427~

1000/1000 Mission

Training:

Jutsu Used:

Chakra 120/150

Last edited by Tsu-chan on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

Itazura Sarutobi

Itazura Sarutobi

D-rank
"Tsuru, would you mind going over to ask Edina and Asida if they have a fire blanket or something?"

I looked to Tsuru while trying to force another cheesy smile and searching my mind for a bad joke or pun I could make. What I saw on her face though, wasn't focused on the situation at hand. She seemed to have zoned out of it. I wondered what was going through her head, but she seemed to quickly snap back into reality.

"Ahhh... okay!"

She started nodding and she rushed back towards the main building. I couldn't help but notice something odd about her face right before she left. She was blushing. It was faint, but I definitely noticed it. I thought for a moment to connect all the clues. Fire surrounding me. Her slight pause, being lost in thought. Blushing after she was taken out of the thought. There was only explanation. She had the hots for me! (OOC: Kai-bō, your puns are contagious) Even I blushed a little at this point. Was she about to ask me out before Kai-bō so rudely interrupted her? That fool! A girl asking a boy out is nothing to be interrupted. This cannot stand. After we put the fire out, I would give Kai-bō a piece of my mind. And I would of course drop a few hints towards Tsu-chan that I was interested in a relationship as well. My nose started to bleed as I thought of it now. Maybe I would just ask her out myself, in case she didn't have the nerve. She did appear to be the nervous type, and I would never let an opportunity like this go to waste.

But Itazura, what about the others? I almost gasped aloud. It would not be as good for my reputation to be asking out girls left and right. I had to play a little hard to get, didn't I? Of course, I would be shown as a kind gentleman if I accepted HER request to go out with me. For all my admirers to see that I would accept confessions coming from the heart, nerves would be shattered. I would have girls asking me to eat ramen with them left and right! By this time, my nosebleed had turned into more of a river, and Kai-bō was starting to look concerned. Whether it was because of my nosebleed or the fact that I had gotten too lost in thought to help any more with putting out the fire, I did not know.

It was decided. I would drop hints toward Tsu-chan, guiding her towards asking me out, then she would nervously invite me to a restaurant for a date, girls would see how good I was on a date (I really hoped I was half as good on a date as I thought I would be), and before long: There wouldn't be a single men-interested girl in town who wouldn't want me! This, of course, would all be AFTER I had a strong word with Kai-bō about interrupting a girl's train of thought. I mean, seriously! I knew that guy was a killjoy, but he should at least have some intuition in these kinds of situations.

When Tsuru came back with the fire blanket, the flames had already mostly diminished thanks to us (mostly Kai-bō) and the fact that the fire had burned through most of the burnable material. We still graciously accepted it though, and used it to put the rest of the fire out.

When the last of the fire was put out, I whistled loudly and invited, "Well, this was a fun misssion. After we report though, I really don't have anything to do tonight," hoping that Tsuru would see this as an opportunity. There wasn't any immediate response, but maybe she would ask me later, when Kai-bō wasn't around to drain the fun out of life and turn it into little light balls. A boy could dream, at least.

We wrapped up soon after that, and reported our findings to the scientists. I commented on the fire resistance of the shields, Kaitu on the kunai's integrity, and Tsuru on the shuriken's increased weight. All in all, missions with these guys are fun. We should do this more often.

~729/1836

~Exit Thread

-1000 (Mission)
-800 (Strength and Speed D1->D2)

Ryo earned: 200
-100 (Stat Training)
Net Ryo earned: 100

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.