You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Shinako

Shinako

D-rank
Like her father, Shinako had no talent for fire jutsu.

She had seen the Chunin down by the docks, and by the sand pits at the construction site; anywhere flame retardant to stop their wild sparks from catching and intruding upon their actual lives. Fire was fantasy to them, with tales of dazzling jutsu used by the greatest shinobi of the leaf in times of war. It seemed, these days, that every young man in the village wanted to march off, inhale deeply, and see their foes consumed by an inferno.

*Madness...wasteful and destructive day-dreams.*

Inhaling and sighing deeply, Shinako smelled smoke. Casting her eye a little bit further down the walk, she spied a lone, balding man three benches away, staring absent-mindedly into the distance. The young woman's eyes lingered a little bit too long, and in that peculiar way the man must have felt it, as a few moments later he turned to look at Shinako.

The new genin deftly loosed her hair from its binding and turned her head, forming an impromptu curtain between herself and the stranger. She blushed, but not with embarrassment. No, at this particular moment it was something more akin to anger that gripped her.

She thought of the boys setting things on fire, and of the cigarette between the balding man's lips. Lastly she thought of her father, heaving his chest, as though trying to catch that same fire in his lungs, to defeat the last of his great enemies: the cancer that was eating him alive.

Shinako had pulled out one of her longer kimonos to visit today, a dull blue trimmed in vibrant violet, falling to her ankles and past her wrists, far different from the ones she wore in training. All of her cousins had told her how brave she was being in the face of this tragedy, and that there was nothing to be done but wait.

*You're the model daughter, Shinako. It's so good of you to take care of him like this. Why give up such a promising career in medicine to roll around with those rough-necks...*

The words of her relatives replayed slowly in the echoing cavern of her mind as she tried in vain to empty it. Her father mostly slept these days, and had not spoken without difficulty in three months. However, she tried to remember their last conversation. The last good day, the doctors called it wistfully, always remarking on how nobody ever recognizes its coming until it has long gone.

*There are no more good days...*

Shinako hung her head, not so much from the previous thought, but at having given in to it in the first place. The sun beat down happily on the scene. She had long-since learned that one could not expect nature to care about the troubles of everyday people.

A single tear rolled down Shinako's cheek, and she quickly wiped it away with her sleeve as she had done so many times before.

507/507 Words

Last edited by Shinako on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added word count.)

Uchiha Tenzō

Uchiha Tenzō

S-rank
“Alright, get ready. Tis going to sting a bit, cutie.” a medical nurse around the age of thirty said on a teasing tone before injecting a needle inside the young man’s firm buttocks, somewhere against the right cheek to be more specifically. “You’re good enough to go for now. Also, make sure that you return by here in a couple of days, so that I can take away those stitches.” she added while dropping the syringe within a nearby trashcan. “Thank you for taking care of me, and I might know someone who is capable of doing that.” the man replied on a gentle tone, letting those lips curl upwards within a faint smile. Without adding anything more, the foxy nurse left the room so that the young Uchiha might have a chance of exchanging himself back into the garment which was resting on a nearby chair. Because of the unfortunate event which happened last night, the man was literally forced to spent the night within the hospital. The amount of blood which he lost was significant enough to cause dizziness, and leaving back for home at midnight was something which he could not do.

With just a pair of jet-black and skinny pants that were carefully tucked inside those grey sandals, the Uchiha was making his way outside the terrifying hospital, wrapped in a what seemed to resemble a decent amount of medical bandages on the upper part of his body. The young man wasn’t wearing a shirt, and those well-tone muscles of his were available for the prying eyes which stood nearby; most of the wounds were inflicted around his left shoulder, as such, everything besides that chest of his was showing nothing but bare skin. With a couple of heavy footsteps, Tenzō began moving further away from the hospital, although, he did not had the chance of straying too far, since that attention of his was stolen by a young woman which kept erasing those sorrowful tears, one after another.

“Weeping won’t help you at all. This world has no room for tears, and it won’t show any kind of mercy if that’s what you’re expecting.” the raven-haired man uttered on a calm tone whilst gazing at the woman with those ebony and dull eyes of his. Despite the fact that the weather was rather fair and calm in this moment, what the man said was actually true from his own point of view. Without really asking for permission, the young man took a seat on the other side of the bench, before lashing his own spine against it while cocking that head of his towards the blue and ocean-like sky. Dark as the night was the man’s hair which slowly cascaded along his frame, reaching all the way down towards his waist. “So... what kind of tragedy brings you here?” was the question which the man posed between the young woman and himself whilst gazing at the white clouds which invaded the sky with their majestic presence.

~ 513/513 of Total Words ~

Shinako

Shinako

D-rank
Shinako was pulled from her reverie by a man speaking to her. His initial words were harsh and confusing, immediately drawing her suspicion. With scarcely a thought, her shadow slid from under the bench to place itself between herself and the newcomer. Looking up, she saw that he was injured.

With hair and eyes so dark, and such pale skin, the man could be some relative of hers come late to pay his respects to an elder, but his second question, after sitting rather unceremoniously beside her, cleared up any suspicions of that. He was roughly the same age as Shinako, and had he not reacted so strongly to her tears, she might have thought that he was flirting.

Checking her face with her hand and making sure that all tears had been wiped away, Shinako turned to the stranger and offered a smile.

"Oh, I don't mean to be...It's not that...It's just..."

After attempting to start the same sentence three times, Shinako let her shoulders slump back against the bench just as the young man had. She looked up at the sky as well, as though watching her cares about her normally demure public persona float away. She sighed again.

"My father is inside, dying of cancer, and there is nothing that I can do about it..."

She paused briefly.

"...nothing that anyone can do about it..."

She turned her head slightly to face her companion, basking in how good the sun felt against her upturned neck and face, not quite hot enough to burn. She slid the sandals off of her feet and rested her silky socks against the warmth of the side-walk, noticing that the balding man had gone, leaving her alone on the walk-way with the new stranger. If they were going to share a bench, Shinako figured that she may as well make conversation. She was not busy today, at least.

"I gave up a career in medicine, not that it would helped, but all of my relatives remind me anyway of how useless I am in the face of my father's illness."

Shinako's voice sounded agitated. She used a tone that she would scarcely think of letting slip in front of a more well-known person. She wasn't that kind of girl. Her anger had always made people uncomfortable, and so she had hidden it away all of her life. Something about talking with this stranger was oddly freeing. She sat forward once more, balling her fingers into fists and shaking her head angrily, lest more tears come rolling forth.

"It's all so overwhelming, you know? Up in that waiting room I just wanted to scream out! I wanted to tell them all how unwanted this attention is! I wanted to lash out and throw every back-handed compliment back in their snide faces! I wanted!"

Shinako's voice faltered slightly as she lost steam again, reclining once more and looking down the side-walk at where the smoking man had been. She spoke her words as though into the thin air, with no intention of them ever reaching ears, sympathetic or otherwise.

"I wanted him to just...get better..."

Shinako's sleeve dabbed at her eye again as a preemtive measure against the water-works she could already feel winning the battle against her own resolve. She was mentally exhausted from three-plus hours of doctor's visits and converstations with every aunt, uncle, and whoever-thrice-removed that had heard of the illness. Pursing her lips and regaining some of her usual composure, Shinako turned back to the stranger and decided that she didn't want to talk about herself or her father any more.

With a casual gesture of her slender hand and wrist, she indicated the bandages that wrapped the man's torso.

"So...how did you get injured?"

671/1,178

Uchiha Tenzō

Uchiha Tenzō

S-rank
The man was bestowed with a keen eyesight even when that Sharingan was not active, and observing how the shadow slithered across the bench from the corner of his right eye, was indeed interesting; however, he chose not to react against her self-defensive gesture, even though those scrawny fingers which belong to his left hand were already clutching the knife which stood hidden behind his back. When she attempted to speak, one by one, those fingers departed from the handle until each and everyone one of them were no longer touching it. Each passing word that assaulted the man’s ears, forced that curiosity of his to dwell even further; apparently, the raven-haired man was not the only wounded person on this wooden bench. He was right after all, life was indeed cruel and sooner or later it would just strip you apart; taking everything from you, with no kind of remorse.

As soon as she started moving, the man slowly tilted that head of his above his right shoulder, fixating those orbs against the woman’s feet which stood beneath them before climbing with them up her whole body, giving a more thoroughly inspection as they’ve started feasting. “More tears and anger... Not what I expected, I’m sorry for bringing this up.” the Uchiha uttered low enough to not talk over Shinako; interrupting her was something which he did not wish. As such, for the rest of her speech the man listened carefully without adding any more comments, letting those thin eyebrows arch even further than their natural state. Once she stopped speaking about herself, that prolonged gaze which the man was holding towards her had the chance of colliding against that pair of brown eyes. Quick was the glimpse which followed after just so that he many notice that unusual formation that was taken by her own pair of lips, but, it did not last for long as those ebony shifted against his own wound.

“I don’t have a handkerchief, I’m not right... for this.” Tenzō added while redirecting those eyes against the ground, avoiding eye contact for a couple of seconds while pondering on the inquiry which she just left behind. “Indeed, tis just a flesh wound. Nothing compared to yours. I was... caught by surprise in an battle, and pierced by a rapier.” the Uchiha spoke while placing that right hand of his against chest, touching the wound with only the tips of those long fingers while the rest of the hand was actually resting against his own heart. “Usually, when I am in a situation like yours, a drink or two is capable of easing the pain. I don’t really know what else to say about that.” were the words that were gushed out between that pair of pale lips. Being on the verge of losing a family member was indeed something excruciating, and words were not really capable of helping that much in a case such as this.

“I never imagined that a beautiful face such as yours could express that much hatred. Do you really think that blaming yourself is the right thing to do? Your relatives are not strong like you, weeping lady. Instead of thinking the whole situation thoroughly, it’s much easier to blame someone and point fingers out. But then again... what if you were stronger, would things really be that different?” was the monologue which the Uchiha presented before the young woman, looking to make eye contact during the whole time in which he spoke. A pause followed after immediately, in which the man would await to see if the woman had anything to add, hoping that she might consider dropping those tears since those were not helpful at all. Honestly, he might have talked a bit too much, considering that the woman appears to be now within a vulnerable state which might get worse if the wrong words were spoken during this friendly chatter.

~ 664/1177 of Total Words ~

Shinako

Shinako

D-rank
Shinako's hand moved almost instinctively to her own chest as the young man told her about how he was stabbed. This man, then, must have been a shinobi like her. He seemed uncomfortable, and she bristled at that. Once again her lack of decorum has caused unrest in a social situation. Though he seemed game for a conversation, Shinako knew that her silly girlishness would put her on thin ice with a fellow ninja.

She blushed at being called pretty, even as she silently cursed herself for allowing the stranger to come to know her as 'crying lady'.

"Shinako," she said quietly. Her voice was rich and silky, a true transition from the squeeky trumpet of her girlhood into something truly dulcet."My name is Nara Shinako. I apologize for my silly, girlish tears."

Shinako's eyes met the stranger's intense gaze, seeing only a small glimpse of how they seemed to covet her attention. Brushing the hair on the left side of her face back behind her ear so that she could see and be seen better. She bowed as best she could while seated, deeply and politely. If this man had been in combat, he was most likely of a higher rank than she currently was. She had not been on a single mission yet.

She pondered his question.

"Hmmm...I don't believe that it would be any different if I were more skilled in medical jutsu. This cancer consumes quickly, like fire."

She remembered the scent of the balding man's cigarette, even as the wind had taken its odor from the air. Her father had never smoked, and yet his lungs blackened in his chest. The young man was right. The world had no notion of fairness.

The girl's tears were gone now, having faded to the curiosity of conversation. Her shadow slowly shifted back to its natural orientation, the sun pushing it into place beneath Shinako's seat. She crossed her ankles, adopting a more feminine posture, and one that she was much more accustomed to, as though she were about to sit down with a guest in the garden for tea.

It was then that she became accutely aware of her companion's style of dress. Some part of her had always been aware that he was bare-chested, but the proximity of his arm to hers in that moment made her blush slightly more. She cleared her throat. Her brothers went about the house and the forest in such states of undress, so why should it bother her in this instance? She pushed it from her mind, allowing the natural coloring of her cheeks to die down.

"Really, I didn't mean to distract you from your day, especially as injured as you are. Shouldn't you be in bed resting?"

Shinako's concern was genuine, though her mention of bed-rest may have been a shamelessly transparent attempt at assuaging her guilt at waylaying the attentions of her new conversational partner with such a shameful tactic as tears. Her step-mother had often said that no real man could resist the tears of a woman.

539/1717

Uchiha Tenzō

Uchiha Tenzō

S-rank
The Uchiha shook that head of his from left to right, a couple of times before taking a small break in order to let a few words out “You don’t have to apologize for anything when talking with me.” on a gentle tone. After she had finishing bowing, the raven-haired man followed up quickly with one of his own, expressing the same amount of respect which she chose to display as well. It was much appreciated, and especially satisfying when she started excluding all those weights which hanged upon those feminine shoulders. A sly smirk had erected upon that pair of lips which belonged towards the Uchiha, it was a hint that the man enjoyed seeing those cheeks turn red; unveiling the fact that she was even more dazzling than before. Beauty wasn’t something that rare and unseen in these lands, although, it came in different forms and shapes, and every person had its own uniqueness added to it which made shone brightly and stand out from the crowed.

“I’m speechless, I never knew that you were hiding all of this... grace. My name is, Uchiha Tenzō. And, it’s a pleasure meeting someone like you, Shi – na – ko.” was the short introduction which the man made, speaking on a curious tone which ended up being rather playful at the end. Quite noticeable when the man chose to pronounce that name in such a teasing manner; however, that was not the only thing which the man aimed for. Right after the last pair of letters was spoken, the raven-haired man would extend that hand of his so that he may try to give Shinako a slight push on her left shoulder, just as playfully as before. The slight amount of awkwardness which dominated the conversation at the beginning had slowly started fleeing away, making room for a much friendly and opened behavior.

Once those ankles finished up crossing, the Uchiha followed up with a gesture of his own as well, tilting his own body slightly towards her side, whilst that left leg of his was suddenly being hoisted just so that he may place it above the right one. While turning, the wound reminded the man that it was still there and not gone, but that small amount of pride which the man had was capable of ignoring the pain which persisted only for a few seconds; Tenzō furrowed, but only slightly. “Don’t worry, it’s my fault for letting myself distracted by you. However, I don’t mind it at all. Being in bed, doesn’t sound like a bad idea either, but... it’s too early for that. Don’t you think?”  the man spoke while folding both of those arms against his chiseled chest, pushing with all of those fingers within those well-toned biceps.

Those ebony eyes shifted down on the woman once more, all the way down towards her ankles before escalating once more against her own pair; the gesture was too obvious, and it was most likely intentional. “I might want to have a bite or two before sleeping, since I did not had the time to eat anything today. But... I will continue lingering a bit here, since you’re a rather interesting person, Shinako. It baffles me that you were alone here, don’t you have any relatives or someone around you?” were the words which ended up once the man unfolded those arms back, and instead raising up his right one to rest it upon the upper part of the bench, making the gap even small between the two. However, that was not really the intention which stood beneath, since the Uchiha just wished to rest that head of his against the clenched fist which formed shortly after.

~ 633/1810 of Total Words ~

Shinako

Shinako

D-rank
Shinako had heard of the Uchiha clan. Or, to put it more accurately, everyone had heard of the Uchiha clan. Their battle prowess had earned their name immortality amongst the shinobi of the leaf village. They specialized in the fire jutsu that Shinako had been imagining all day. She felt slightly embarrassed for her thoughts before remembering that they were private.

Then Tenzo was pushing her shoulder like her brothers used to do when she had had a bad day at school. She laughed playfully then, rolling her eyes as though above that sort of childish antic. In secret she was grateful for the efforts he was making in cheering her up.

He obviously had his own motives, and they weren't exactly subtle. Shinako was used to the male gaze, and recognized the intention behind Tenzo's wandering eyes immediately. She had not yet decided if he was harmless, but she certainly wasn't afraid of a bit of flirting. She also noticed what was perhaps the second invitation to leave with him and dine together. She would ignore those remarks, as well as what she strongly suspected to be innuendo in his remarks about bed. He was certainly very forward.

As his arm lifted, Shinako thought for a moment that it would wrap around her shoulders. In fact, she was almost surprised when it didn't. However, a slight wave of relief washed over her. Her various suitors had long known that she was not the type of girl to rush into anything. There were too many opportunities ahead of her, and too many duties to be neglected in a foolish and irresponsible romance. Such things were the indulgent luxuries of the other girls in the village. Nara girls were expected to be slightly more forward-thinking than all of that. Still, Shinako sometimes wondered if such a life would not be easier.

"All of my relatives have taken their leave. The Nara have many duties to go about in a day, and they could not budget any more time to spend here."

Once again, Shinako blushed, almost ashamed to be honest.

"To be quite candid, I would be lying if I said I was not relieved to see them go. As I mentioned before, they can be..."

Shinako searched for the right word, looking for one that would not sound too delicate or too bitter.

"...demanding." was the one that she finally settled on.

She rubbed at her arms, even though she wasn't cold, lost in thought for just a moment before returning her attention to Tenzo and his penetrating gaze. As a shinobi, his stare was slightly more subtle than a leer, and so it didn't quite raise her ire. It was flattering to her that the young man should find her interesting. Here he sat with a sword wound, professing that she was the most interesting thing going on in his day.

This sentiment was not without a small amount of vanity, in which Shinako did sometimes deign to indulge. She had washed, and combed, and primped, and perfumed before travelling to the hospital to receive her father's well-wishers on his behalf. Throughout life she had always found that it paid off to look one's best in one's saddest moments. It often provided that short boost of confidence needed to get through tough days. Had the doctors not ordered her out, she would still be sitting, 'bravely' clutching her father's hand.

She knew that tomorrow it would be back to her shirts and pants, throwing shiruken and sparring aimlessly with the other genin that had yet to find teams. If she was honest with herself, she was slightly put out of countenance by the prospect of spending another long day around ten and twelve-year-olds, but such was the life of a late-starter like her.

Absentmindedly, Shinako let out another sigh before offering up a half-hearted smile. It was the first time since arriving that she had gone five minutes without looking upward at her father's hospital room window. On some level or another, conscious or otherwise, she was grateful for that.

700/2417

Uchiha Tenzō

Uchiha Tenzō

S-rank
It was pleasing to realize and observe how Shinako had chosen to reveal that playful side of hers that she kept hidden earlier underneath those tears that cascaded along those well-rounded cheeks. Even though they no longer displayed a tint of red, the young woman still found other ways of showing off those charms of hers; the way those dark and brown eyes rolled was indeed a gesture which added towards that girlish behavior that was mentioned earlier, one which was actually closer towards a ladylike one. The Nara clan was known to produce and supply the village with one of the most keen minds, hence the reason why almost all of them were strategists which dominated on every possible battlefield, making it seem like everything was quite easy and as if it was nothing more than a game which they played on that so called playground.

There was no doubt that Tenzō enjoyed having this conversation with the woman, since looks were not the only things which seemed appealing beneath those ebony eyes; intelligence was attractive as well, and with that in mind, the Uchiha wondered how much of those words that Shinako spoke were actually true. A woman with astonishing looks and a mind capable of matching them, was nothing less than dangerous to keep around considering that many of them were capable of twisting and manipulating someone with a fragile heart and mind. There was also a saying which stated that behind every great man, lies a strong and wise woman; and things such as these were not really stated and imprinted within history without a really good reason to begin with. Once the gap between them had gotten smaller, the Uchiha managed to pick up the alluring scent of perfume which was not present at first due to the fact that the man was a bit tiered, not physically but more mentally.

“What’s that sophisticated and lovely scent?” the Uchiha inquired while pressing that right hand of his against the bench before leaning forward like a lion on his prey, closer towards the woman’s neck to take a much better sniff; however, the man was capable of deducting the scent from where he was standing, but he chose to act differently with a tease in return. Perhaps, that goal of his was to turn that that half-hearted smile within a fully fledged one, or within a shape that was totally different from it. Whatever was the jōnin truly thinking of was known only to him, and those words which were shortly going to follow after were left as always up for interpretation. It reality, it was interesting to see how far was Shinako capable of pushing that mind of hers; hopefully, she won’t end up giving him a checkmate anytime soon.

Slowly, the man would approach close enough to invade that personal space, and only when he was standing a few inches away the man whispered “It’s quite... incisive.” as an affirmation which left behind before the Uchiha retracted himself back to glare within those brown eyes, leaving his own warm breath to touch the soft skin located around her neck if she chose not move and push herself away. Without a doubt, those words were thought and picked up carefully since at their end there was a playful which almost reached a lustful click. He did not backed down fully and only stopped halfway, leaning on his right arm since the left was most likely going to hurt due the shoulder injury; the sly smirk appeared once more upon the Uchiha’s own pair of luscious lips, remaining there while he awaited to see what kind of reaction would Shinako have, paying great attention even for the slightest twitch.

Unlike the woman, Tenzō was not granted the chance of investing any kind of time within his own appearance, and besides his own natural and manly scent there was nothing that could be picked up. Even though it was mostly straight, that jet-black hair of his looked a bit scoffed and things were getting worse with each passing moment, actually they were intense and much hotter as the celestial sun was now radiating above them. A small drop of sweat appeared on the man’s chest, one which slowly began making its way down towards the edge and beginning of his waist, struggling a bit to reach that spot because of those towering abs. However, the heat was probably not going to last for long, considering that a couple of grey clouds have started marching towards the sky, invading that blue-ocean with their presence. A breeze followed up quickly as well, kissing the Uchiha’s hair gently and not hard enough to tussle it from a side to another.

~ 802/2612 of Total Words ~

Shinako

Shinako

D-rank
Shinako held her ground as Tenzo moved in closer to smell her. This was a new experience. Many men had shown interest in her before, and even complimented her on her perfume, but not a single one had been brazen enough to lean in and take a whiff. Shinako wasn't sure if the goose-bumps that ran down the back of her neck were from excitement, or some sort of warning sign.

*Dangerous...don't touch,* she thought.

She gave him a side-eyed glance, raising one eyebrow inquisitively.

"Orchid and mint water..."

Something about Uchiha Tenzo's forward manner made her uncomfortable. She had often heard that in the heat of battle the killing intent of a shinobi could be felt in the air almost like a mist; something tangible that just brushed against the skin, as a constant reminder that it was there. It dawned on Shinako that she had never met a Jounin. Was that what she was feeling?

She decided to defuse the situation with a bit of humor.

"...I thought you said that you were a member of the Uchiha family, not the Inuzuka."

Shinako had often seen the Inuzuka sniff things in public with no hint of self-awareness. It was one of their many ways of interfacing with the world around them. Perhaps Tenzo was the same, not afraid to give in to his more animalistic urges, even when in polite company.

Out of either self-consciousness or habit, she knew not which, Shinako quickly scanned the environment for other people who might be passing by or observing. For a young lady to be seen in such proximity to a shirtless man would be scandalous at best, and her family didn't need a scandal just now.

Her search revealed that nobody was around. Even so, she scooted to her right, just to the end of the bench, just to be safe, then, looking back and Tenzo offered a smile and her right hand in a prohibitive gesture.

"Woah, down boy."

She said it in a stern voice as though speaking to a puppy, in the spirit of the previous joke. Shinako hoped that the gesture would be seen for what it was. Not a rebuke or a rejection, but a harmless reminder to maintain some sense of propriety. Perhaps it would help if she could get him talking about himself. She cleared her throat after a slight and delicate laugh.

"Though, being from the Uchiha clan you must be a big, hot-shot shinobi, eh?"

Shinako asked teasingly, though she was genuinely curious. Other than her Chunin teachers in the Academy, she had seldom found occasion to speak to higher ranking ninja, let alone Jounin, who always seemed to be either on a mission or preparing for a mission. They walked about the village brusquely on the way from point A to point B, or conversed behind doors in closed meetings about surgical strikes. If she was honest with herself, the lifestyle fascinated her, despite how dangerous it all seemed.

510/2927

Uchiha Tenzō

Uchiha Tenzō

S-rank
With that pair of ebony eyes the Uchiha gazed at the Shinako without really letting any words depart from his own pare of lips, paying a decent amount of attention even when she revealed the mixture which the perfume had in its core and to the next couple of words which followed after. Cocky might be the most appropriate word to describe the clever attempt at a joke which she made, one which had a bit of humor beneath it. However, who in their right mind would attempt to jest like that with a stranger, especially if there was a chance for them to be lower in rank. This was a military village after all, and disrespecting someone higher would have probably sent you back to the Academy; although, this was not the case since the raven-haired man chose to ignore those words and show only a faint smile as a response to it.

Unlike Tenzō, the woman left behind the impression that she was a bit too preoccupied with her own image, hence the reason why those brown eyes scouted the area to seek out if there were others watching. This was a dangerous world and people who were too prideful in certain situations did not really end up living for a long amount of time, the life span of a shinobi was not that high to begin with. In spite of this, the young man chose to not take any kind of offense towards Shinako’s earlier words which were forcefully taken as nothing more than a joke, until the next couple of words were capable of making themselves noticed against those sharp ears, resembling in his mind something which seemed as an insult at his address, leaving just an obvious question behind.

Did she just had the audacity to compare him to a dog?

“No... the Uchiha clan is no longer, and we only have our blood as pride. And you’re wrong, I’m not a hot-shot. I am... just a dog.” the man responded whilst letting hose lips slowly descend, erasing that faint smile which arose a bit earlier. At the beginning, the raven-haired man spoke on a nonchalant tone which slowly began turning and twisting into a much colder one, and while the man was speaking that body of his began slithering its way back like a snake into its own and original position, no longer was the man leaning forth. “For a member of the Nara clan, your assumptions are a bit bold. Don’t you think?” Tenzō  asked while lashing his own head against the bench, starring at the sky which was now being consumed by those clouds. A slight pause was placed in here, in which the Uchiha would await to see if the Shinako had anything to say, if not, than the man would just continue staring blankly at the sun which was hiding beneath those clouds.

After a couple of moments, the man started speaking once more “Tell me, Lady Shinako.” on that nonchalant tone. “What title do you have within the village, and not only that, what do you aim for and what are you dreams, if you have any?” was the question which shortly followed after, whilst those ebony eyes turned once more against the woman; the Uchiha did not move that head of his that much, as such, the man only tilted it a bit sideways. The sky wasn’t the only thing cloudy on that day, and with that being said, the turmoil which was going on within Tenzō’s mind was a bit too hard to describe in words. Perhaps, Shinako was nothing more than distraction for his own thoughts, one which could only last for so much, since they’ve started making their way back to the surface.

~ 638/3250 of Total Words ~

Shinako

Shinako

D-rank
Shinako could see that she had offended her companion. His tone and body language said it all. She looked down at her own bare feet and slipped them quietly into her sandals in case she had to excuse herself from what was quickly becoming an awkward situation.

She tried to hide it, but in her fluster at having crossed a line somewhere she almost completely missed his remarks about the Nara clan. However, she caught in his tone that his words were intended to bite. Her remarks about the Inuzuka and the Uchiha had very clearly touched a nerve or two. By the time the nearly deafening silence struck, Shinako was replaying the conversation in her head again to pinpoint the exact moment that she had irritated Tenzo, and hoping it wasn't simply her staunching of his physical advances. She had very nearly opened her mouth to make an apology and hurry off before Tenzo opened the conversation again.

She noticed the clouds overtaking the sun, and instinctively checked the location of her own shadow as it shrunk in size beneath her. It was becoming almost second nature to manipulate the inky swath. Once again it found its way between her and the man on the other side of the bench. When her speech finaly came, it came abruptly, betraying the fact that she was nervous.

"I am...um...I'm currently a genin, a low level shinobi. I recently graduated from the ninja academy."

Looking over at Tenzo she noticed that he no longer stared at her so intensely, which was a relief. However, the stark change in demeanor still chilled her. She kept speaking just to fill the void that had seemingly developed between them.

"You see, my father was in the Medical Corps, and rose to a pretty high level as only a Chunin. He never advanced beyond that, so if I can make Jounin he will be very proud."

The girl had never been truly ambitious. The life of a shinobi appealed to her as one of honor and service, not of acclaim or domination as was the case with so many throughout history. Having read all of the books about Konohagakure's storied history, Shinako knew the pain and destruction that could be caused by the wills of shinobi when exerted against their fellow man.

Her goals lay more in making sure that those innocents around the world deserving of protection were not harmed by those who would seek to use ninjutsu to subjugate them. Often in her dreams she saw herself as a freedom fighter; as a healer of the sick and protector of the small. Once again she was glad that Tenzo could not read her mind, as her thoughts would surely have embarrassed her more. The life of the shinobi was so often centered on killing.

With a delicate motion of her left hand she swept some stray strands of hair that had become loose back behind her ear, looking at Tenzo plaintively to bail her out of her social faux pas.

Training:

Last edited by Shinako on Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Uchiha Tenzō

Uchiha Tenzō

S-rank
With that clouded mind, the Uchiha wasn’t capable of thinking straight for the time being, and the way Shinako slid back those feet within the slippers passed away without catching the man’s attention which was mostly focused on the upper part of her body. “So that’s why you wanted to follow the path of a medical-nin, because of your father.” the man uttered on barely audible tone; however, it was loud enough for the young woman to be fully capable of understanding him. Unlike Shinako, Tenzō wasn’t that close to his own father, of course, both of them have been a couple of times outside within the forests which surround Konohagakure, hunting down different kind of animals for food with bows, but beyond that, his father was mostly occupied with the daughter of the family, neglecting the young lad to certain extents.

“For a person who has recently graduated from the academy, you seem like the one who gambles when talking with others. How dare you make such a joke like that with a jōnin of the Hidden Le---.” were the next words which departed from the man, on a tone that suggested a bit of fury at the start, one which gradually increased with every word spoken before the Uchiha interrupted himself. Before the man even had the chance of starting the next sentence, those ebony eyes were already being replaced by a pair of crimson eyes which hoisted three comma like dots on each one, and the volume and tone of the voice resembled something similar like a shout. In that moment, Tenzō had realized that something inside of him was starting to change; getting himself worked up for a joke which was actually a bit funny and not that offensive, especially when the man treaded every shinobi equally, in spite of their political position or rank within the village.

Without adding any more words, the raven-haired man arose quickly from that seated position of his before taking a few steps in order to relocate himself in front of Shinako, letting those crimson eyes fade back into their own original ebony color. Once the man found himself in front of the young woman, the Uchiha would take a deep bow before remaining there for a few seconds as he spat a few words out “Please... please do forgive me, Lady Shinako. I... am not in my right mind. I need to... clear my head.” the man asked for an apology for his earlier behavior, responding on a calm and more quieter tone which was quite a contrast when compared to the one used a bit earlier. Therefore, the man would remain there for a few more seconds with that head of his lowered at an almost ninety degree angle, feeling ashamed of his own reaction. If Shinako wished to add something within the first seconds, then than the man would remain behind to listen without having direct eye contact, if not, then he would continue departing the area around the hospital.

~ 510/3760 of Total Words ~

~ Thread Closed ~

~ Training Speed from A1 to A2 | 3760 - 1150 = 2610 WC Remaining ~

~ Training Speed from A2 to A3 | 2610 - 1300 = 1310 WC Remaining ~

~ Training Perception from A1 to A2 | 1310 - 1150 = 160 WC Remaining ~

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.